6.0

1. Aug 5, 2014
    Quite an entertaining game. Would certainly recommend if found in a bundle or on sale. Puzzles and gameplay are fairly simplistic, but the entertainment for me came from the darkness of it. You are running around as an evil child...

For achievement hunters: Easy 100%. A small guide or couple of play throughs with plenty of exploration is what is required. A full play through doesn't take many hours.
  2. Apr 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lucius is amazing. It is about a devil child who has to do missions for his father (the devil). I love how you can just roam around the house, doing different tasks.

Here's a quick example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9hK3BcbAI&feature=youtu.be
  3. Jan 1, 2013
    Lucius is a debut indie game from Shiver Games that is about climbing the ranks to becoming the Antichrist's son. The game itself if generally enjoyable, especially if you are a fan of horror games. It's like a cross between Hitman and your standard point and click mystery . The graphics are very good for an indie title and the atmosphere is very detailed, offering a huge mansion in whichLucius is a debut indie game from Shiver Games that is about climbing the ranks to becoming the Antichrist's son. The game itself if generally enjoyable, especially if you are a fan of horror games. It's like a cross between Hitman and your standard point and click mystery . The graphics are very good for an indie title and the atmosphere is very detailed, offering a huge mansion in which the game takes place. Lucius, the main character, goes about trying to murder all of the inhabitants through the mansion as a sacrifice to his father Lucifer. The murder tactics are pretty clever and seem like what you would expect for a boy who's been possessed and given powers. The game itself took me roughly 9 hours to complete, with moderate exploration and a few side quests to earn special prizes to help solve some of the mysteries in the game (which come in handy numerous times). The game has a couple flaws however. The game is very linear in your ways to murder people, unlike the Hitman franchise, however, the murders themselves are executed quite well. Some of the games puzzles are harder than what you might expect, I cruised through the first 4 chapters, but by the 5th or 6th I needed to use a guide after wandering around for 15 minutes wondering what to do next. But all and all, I do recommend Lucius as it's a great game to kill some time, and it really immerses you into it's world. I hope Shiver Games continues to make games such as this, while gradually preventing mistakes in gameplay.

Graphics 9/10
    Gameplay 7/10
    Sound 8/10
    Replay 5/10
    Story 7/10
    -----
    7.2 (But bumped to 8 because I liked the originality of the game)
  4. Oct 29, 2012
    Lucius reminds me and I'm sure of a lot of people of The Omen. The gameplay is simple yet the manor is a big place to explore and the chores for side missions were fun to do for gifts and rewards that help you around. The voice acting is pretty bad and the graphics are fair but despite this, it's the idea of controlling a six year old to kill that gives me, and people that actuallyLucius reminds me and I'm sure of a lot of people of The Omen. The gameplay is simple yet the manor is a big place to explore and the chores for side missions were fun to do for gifts and rewards that help you around. The voice acting is pretty bad and the graphics are fair but despite this, it's the idea of controlling a six year old to kill that gives me, and people that actually understand this game, a very deep guilty pleasure. Expand

Lucius’s main premise is amazing. But the execution could have been way more solid. It limits the player, it’s ruthlessly and unjustly difficult in some cases, the characters pale and the graphics fail to impress. Lucius will be remembered as a great idea that “could have been”. [December 2012]
  2. Jan 2, 2013
    So many things don't fit, so many things work against each other, and everything just reeks of half finished game ideas.
  3. Dec 13, 2012
    There's a lot of content on offer for the reduced price, and Lucius will certainly appeal to puzzle enthusiasts who want a darker edge to their adventuring, or murder enthusiasts who'd like to give their brain a work out rather than their stabbing arm.