Lume PC

4.9

1. Nov 23, 2011
    While a visually pretty game, it is abnormally short for anyone who has done puzzle games of this sort before. Most puzzles have been seen and done before in any puzzle game, and will only take moments to solve for a veteran of these games. The only puzzle that is hard is only difficult because there are so few clues pointing at what you need to solve it. Then when you look it up...youWhile a visually pretty game, it is abnormally short for anyone who has done puzzle games of this sort before. Most puzzles have been seen and done before in any puzzle game, and will only take moments to solve for a veteran of these games. The only puzzle that is hard is only difficult because there are so few clues pointing at what you need to solve it. Then when you look it up...you realize that you've beaten the game - because there's only about 5 puzzles to solve. Not worth your money, even if it's on sale for a dollar. Expand
  2. Apr 13, 2013
    The game has 6 different puzzles and 3 different rooms (I am not talking about levels), and maybe around 20 different spots you can click. You can speedrun the game in 3 minutes if you know solution to puzzles.

Anyway why did I gave this game 3 10? Because the game is extremely short, and only reason why it lasts longer is because few of the puzzles are too hard. Controls and movement is also clunky and slow.

I could say "nice little game", if the length was 10x what it is now
  3. Feb 12, 2012
    By far one of the worst game I've ever played in general and this is by considering that puzzle and indie games are my favourite genres.
    The unoriginal puzzles, 6 in total, are either completely dumb or totally counter-intuitive, with hints that lead you on the wrong track. If you have played a random escape-the-room flash game on the net you'll definitely get more brain-challenging content and more of it.
    The only somewhat redeeming feature are the visuals, but there are exactly four screens so you probably have already seen all of them by browsing in your favourite web-store page. The length is also pityful, certainly not longer than an hour even if you'd brute force all solutions.
    Probably those guys were too busy to take the shooting of their making of to bother making a proper game. This is a complete ripoff, that becomes of huge proportions given the pricetag; please don't consider giving this a try even if it'll ever be available for free. Or do try it to check yourself then and you'll thank me for the money you saved.
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    Lume is a really atrocious experience, don’t get me wrong the art style of the game is fantastic but this game proves why Steam sales are so dangerous. Had this not of been in some special sale bundle it would have never made my library because it doesn't belong on steam… The puzzles are hard, the animation movements are sloppy, but let’s be honest it’s a cheap Flash game which should beLume is a really atrocious experience, don’t get me wrong the art style of the game is fantastic but this game proves why Steam sales are so dangerous. Had this not of been in some special sale bundle it would have never made my library because it doesn't belong on steam… The puzzles are hard, the animation movements are sloppy, but let’s be honest it’s a cheap Flash game which should be free to play in a browser... If you love unbelievably confusing puzzle games (with virtually no clues), this could be for you but it sure isn't worth the £4.99 price tag, that’s absurd! Expand
  5. May 14, 2011
    Fail game, i buy it thinking it was going to be something "new", but only has puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles. Recommended for people with patience and too much time to spend. I think Machinarium is muuuuuch better !
  6. Jan 5, 2012
    A rip-off. No way this is worth £4.99. I finished it in 45 minutes. If the devs decide to release the second part as a free update then they may redeem themselves, but as it stands this needs to come down in price pronto.
  7. Feb 13, 2012
    This game is a total failure, I've played better flash games for free. 6.99 EUE for a demo (It's not even a full game) is a lot, especially when for a lower price you can find a much better game. I've finished this game (demo?) in one hour, you can easily go through the game in 5 minutes.It has innovative graphics but it's just a simple, flash puzzle.
  8. Jun 17, 2012
    Sorry, I can't recommend this to anyone.

Sorry, I can't recommend this to anyone.

It has a cute design and aesthetic, and what looks like it could be a cute story. But you'll never know because its short. Insultingly short. You think you're done with the first room, but the it turns out to be the end of the game. Furthermore its missing some congruent game design, presenting one style of resolution and attention needed to the level, and then randomly changing to a different design. Requiring some pixel hunting, continuous re-clicking to find the clues. Inexcusable. A common issue with a new developer, or when they haven't tested the game outside of their group.

There is maybe 15 minutes of content there, maybe 7 puzzles in the game. Not worth the $7 on steam. If you got it for free, it might be worth a play but maybe not even that, considering the frustration that comes with the unannounced pixel hunting.
  9. Mar 12, 2012
    Lume is a puzzle game with a very cool art style. The game's structure is simple: solve puzzles to find the components you need to power the house. The game's art is beautiful, and the sets were clearly filmed with an actual camera. The music also fits well with the game.

The compliments end there, however. The puzzles are arcane, with no help. I solved the easier puzzles, but others give you frustratingly little info. One required interaction with an object I thought I'd interacted with already. Another assumes that turning around changes which direction "northwest" is, which is simply wrong. I got frustrated with those puzzles before finishing them.

Lume is incredibly short. There are about 6 puzzles, then the game ends. If you look up the answers, or even hints, expect to finish the game in under an hour.

If you like the art style, then maybe you can find more value in Lume than I did. If not, even if you like puzzle games, you should skip this one.

1. May 19, 2012
    Lume is filled with happy colors, cute characters and a few awfully difficult puzzles which will make you want to pull the hair off your head.
  2. Oct 31, 2011
    Lume isn't going to be a game for everyone and will seem downright slow in the eyes of the YouTube generation. Those who can remember how adventure games are supposed to be played will find it to be a rare treat, however.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 30, 2011
    Small adventure fascinates with artistic visuals and a nice set of not-so-easy puzzles. Its (very) short life span is balanced with its budget price. [July 2011]