7.6

1. MTR
    Mar 12, 2011
    Una historia graciosa y unos buenos gráficos son los que hacen que empieces a jugar, pero toda la ilusión se acaba en el mismo tutorial, donde el te encuentras con un interface horrible y un control peor.
    Lanzar hielo y cruzar un río NO puede ser una combinación de varias teclas a repetir 5+ veces de forma rápida.

Sólo graba al terminar un capítulo, el 1ero tardaremos mas de 30min.
    Sin posibilidad de definir macros o un sistema de accesos directos a skills (magias en este caso).
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    The only game with magic that I liked SO much.
    Phenomenal mechanics and more than a thousand combinations of spells.
    But game fully reveals its potential only in co-op. In the company of three friends enemies' genocide becomes maximum chaotic.
    And don't look on bugs, they are not so critical, many of them may be avoided. Developers works hard and release updates every week.
  3. Jun 9, 2011
    Absolute hunk of crap. They released this game when it was ridden with bugs, no PVP of any sort, getting into a match is absolutely impossible, they are constantly putting new DLC on the market, yet I've failed to see them fixing bugs that NEED to be fixed.

Good concept, bad execution. Perfect example of what not to do with a game.
  4. Feb 7, 2011
    I can't give it a 10, because the bugs are certainly not negligible. However, developers seem to be conscientious about fixing their mistakes, so if bugs are an issue, just wait a few weeks. Once you get over that hump, I think we have a sleeping classic. Single player is wonderful, and is perhaps the only combat game where I feel not just clever, but creative. Exploration of spells is a joy, and every new discovery feels like a game changer, yet it still manages remarkable balance. Multiplayer is a wonderfully chaotic affair chalk full of mistaken explosions, accidental earth-shattering combos, and general mischief and mayhem surround a deceptively deep game. In all the insanity, dying a gruesome death can actually be MORE entertaining then the killing. Getting used to the controls takes a little effort, but once you are, you get a real sense of concocting spells, as opposed to merely pressing a button. Tie this together with a thin story with just enough to keep the action moving, and some light humor elements, and you have one of the best 10 bucks you have ever spent. The only other complaint I could possibly have is that it needs to be longer, but I have yet to jump into the challenge mode. Long and the short of it? Buy this game now so you can say you did before it became a classic, must-have title. Expand
  5. Apr 17, 2011
    Not bad. The game itself is built on excellent premises and manages to create something that that refreshes an old formula. It is also priced very handsomely. In saying that, it still feels far from complete. Multiplayer is laggy and buggy to the point where it becomes almost non-playable which seriously dents its potential. I'm going to wait until a few more patches come out before I give this game the serious run it deserves. Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2011
    A nice try, but doesn't quite do it. I'd complain more if it were $60, but for $10 it isn't terrible. However, that's not to say that it is good either. The controls are terrible, and the number of bugs makes me want to vomit. This game could have been great, and I hope people who make games can learn from this one, but alas, with all my hope and openness, it just didn't work out.
  7. Aug 14, 2011
    This game seems like it could be a lot of fun, but it's destroyed by terrible technical execution. If you're buying this it's basically a gamble if it will run properly on your system. You might try the demo, but often demos are not technically exactly like the game, so I don't know if the demo running ok would guarantee the game running alright. Personally I just upgraded my system, have an i5 2500K with 8 GB ram freshly installed windows 7 with all newest drivers and with a 5770 videocard. Framerates at native 1920x1200 started out at 40, then tried to lower the res to 1680x1050, framerate went down to 30?! (all in the same starting classroom where nothing happens)... restarted the game, still at 30, go back to 1920x1200, now the framerate hops up and down between 40 and 12 (the game forces vsync on which is why the framerates are so exact). Before I upgraded my system I tried this game and had similar problems but I did get it to be somewhat stable at 30-40 fps, which should be playable although I would still resent the game for giving me suboptimal framerates on a fast system while it's really not doing anything taxing graphics wise, not even close, but despite framerates staying ok the game would stutter randomly. Now, maybe for some people they can look past this, or maybe other people just don't have these problems, but for me it just kills any enjoyment which is a shame because the start of the game at least promises a challenging and very funny experience (although that speech from Vlad gets REALLY boring after hearing it 20 times, that's right, you can't save within a level and if you try to change graphics settings while in game it just goes to hell so you have to restart every time and listen to the intro EVERY TIME you want to check if your changes fixed anything... ARGH!!). I'm just going to let this game lay in my steam list for half a year or so and then come back and see if they fixed it yet. Since the game has been out for like half a year already though, I'm not holding my breath. Oh, and no, switching to windowed does nothing for me, it stays crap despite having pretty damn awesome hardware. Expand
  8. Feb 20, 2012
    I just picked this game up on steam for a whopping 80p with daily discount and a christmas voucher and i have to say its worth the full asking price, the game is funny, witty and the references to other games/movies are great. well its fun until near the end and then it gets incredibly hard, things kill you in 1 hit and the checkpoints can be far apart meaning 1 mistake or silly death and its back 5 minutes. However all in all its a great game and well worth a play. Expand
  9. Feb 9, 2011
    This is one of those games that are bugged to hell but still highly enjoyable. The developers seem to be working around the clock patching and fixing this so I won't give it too hard of a time over that. great game, def worth $10.
  10. Feb 20, 2011
    The game has a new concept and it also have good gameplay, the only problem is that the system requirements are too steep, even for a top-down kind of graphics game. So, before you buy it, be sure to play the demo first and see if it plays alright. The humour is alright, nothing too lame or anything and it sometimes does make you drop a chuckle or two, but it's far from having great humour. So, I'd like to say that this game is worth the $10 price tag. Expand
  11. Feb 13, 2011
    Magicka is an internet meme and pop culture simulator which conveniently features the most creative and captivating casting system ever known to man, much less gaming history. The otherwise simple game-play is enhanced tenfold by the aforementioned ingenuity, leading to some sort of paradoxical linear sandbox, littered with endless experimentation and Python-esque humour (plus plenty of references, too!)

Magicka suffers but one fatal flaw, that being the game is utterly broken. A myriad of glitches, bugs, and technical issues plague this particular piece of software like a swarm of hungry locust descending upon some unsuspecting peasant village during harvest season. Never-the-less, with developers working rigorously to patch their faulty product, and a paltry $10 price tag, it's difficult not to recommend.
  12. Feb 6, 2011
    Magicka is Castle Crashers' slightly slower-paced but all too endearing cousin. It's a somewhat simple premise to hand a player elemental magicks and say "go nuts," but I found myself addicted to just finding new permutations of spells I kept using and mixing. Mostly forgetting those permutations in my experimentations, but rediscovery is just as fun as the initial go.
    Multiplayer
    produces hilarious spectacle when you're trying to rez a buddy, but end up blowing up your 3rd friend instead. Permanent friendly-fire was perhaps the best design choice by far. Just don't take yourself too seriously. And be prepared for a lot of nerd media references. Shameless references. Face-reddening puns. You'll see them coming, you'll laugh, you'll feel bad for laughing-- all in the best possible way.
    In for a laugh? Talked a buddy into it? There are FAR worse things you could drop $10 on. GG Paradox.
  13. Jun 28, 2011
    After the first hour of the game, you'll be thinking that this game resembles Diablo, but not quite. The graphics are definitely not the best, or the better ones, for this era, but the game play is unique and innovative. You'll need to use your left hand (only the left) to come up with spell combination, and your right to cast, move around or to poke the monsters with whatever weapon you are holding on to. It feels like the time when you've first learnt how to type, trying to go as fast and as furious as you can with your fingers. Simply put, you'll think that it's cool. However, after 5 hours of gameplay, you'll think otherwise. Ever heard of the nintendo thumbs? This is much worse than that. 5 hours of left-hand-spell-spamming, your hand will ache so muc h that you won't be able to play your piano or guitar for one whole week. Worse still, it's the same thing from the start to the end. All you really need is a few spells and you can clear all 12 chapters within 3 to 4 hours solo. It's repetitive, and worse still, its buggy. For 10 bucks, it seems fine, but definitely not a contender for something that's worth more than a day of your time. Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2011
    The best $10 and 10 hours I've spent this year. Awesome gameplay that focuses on combining magic elements in various ways. Humorous plot and characters. CO-OP(omg). This game rules in so many ways.
  15. Dec 1, 2011
    Complete gibberish. I like the qewrasdf keyboard smashing, but I just can't connect with this game. Too many DLCs make it seem like a game that was pieced together.
  16. May 14, 2012
    If you're like me and you bought magicka on launch, I don't blame you for hating magicka. The launch was probably one of the worst for recent games, with it being unplayable for about a week or two. If you bought the game after this or had patience in it like me then you will find the game a very rewarding and unique experience. The skill cap is high while the game is easy to pick up. Magicka is a great game to paly with friends as well, weather you are pvping, doing the campaign or doing the survival modes. The amount of crappy DLC that was released for it at a high price was pretty damn disappointing unless you bought it all on sale (good chance you would have seen it was on sale a lot). Overall Magicka is a great game definately worth buying at this time, it was just a shame that some of its reputation was ruined due to the buggy launch and overpriced dlc with little free content. Expand
  17. Zri
    Apr 1, 2011
    Magicka is just plain fantastic. From the derpaderp speech of the characters, to the level and enemy design, to the just brilliant spell system. As soon as you get outside the tutorial, you run into a woman with a big gold exclamation mark over her head in good old RPG fashion, asking you to kill rats in her basement or something like that. You know you're on a winner when she gets attacked by goblins and the quest marker falls off onto the ground and you get down to some good old blowin' stuff up instead.

Best things about Magicka? No mana. Limited inventory (you can pick up a staff and carry a 'melee' item). No quests apart from killing the next thing in front of you. GREAT spell system, where you have 8 different elementals, each bound to a key, and you can combine them in any way you want to create spells, some of which just combine effects, some of which form unique Magicks.

Worst thing about Magicka is that the engine doesn't always perform as well as it could. That's all there is. It's a very hard game in places, but people, there's absolute simplicity in the rest of the game so you can focus on STRATEGY. Everything is quite straightforward once you figure out what the enemy's weaknesses are, and that's half the fun. (The other half of the fun is blowing up goblins in new and exciting ways.)

Summary: buy this game. Now.
  18. Mar 8, 2012
    Best "gauntlet" type game ever made. Magicka is fun,addictive,innovative and cheap. It cost mere 10 Euros or Dollars. Buy this game! Thats an order!
  19. Feb 7, 2011
    It is very unstable game but i love it! !. . . ........................................................................................................................................................................ .
  20. Feb 8, 2011
    Played the game and loved it. There were a couple of bugs present but they were quickly patched and the developers seem to care a lot. I would recommend this game to anyone, after all the price is just $10. If you're not sure whether this game is for you or not just download the demo available for free and try it out.
  21. Feb 6, 2011
    So i bought this game without any high expectations at all. But it has turned out to be one of the most fun games i have ever spent money on. It is WELL worth the $9.99 and i would have paid more if i knew it would be this good. Magicka combines the elements (no pun intended) of humor, action, and teamwork into a masterpiece. I have only had it for a week and i've already played about 30 hours of it. There are a few bugs yes, but the devs are doing a great job of keeping the game up to date and patching it. I absolutely love the music, the scenery, the gameplay, the humor, (which has a lot of... "reference" jokes) and action. This is one of my new favorite games, and i expect others will enjoy it as much as i am. Expand
  22. Jun 27, 2011
    I will be rating this a little lower than I think it should be just because it is far too highly rated right now. Magicka is actually quite good, if you can play it that is. Fun and interesting magic system with a very funny and entertaining adventure mode. All ruined by bugs, crashes and silly incompatibility issues. Most of my friends can't even run the game because of all the issues. Some even bought it only to find out that it simply won't work at all on their system even though they more than meet the recommended specs. I really have not had too many issues myself. I do have a crash here and there or an occasional graphic hiccup. The worste thing to be honest is that it is best played multiplayer yet is nearly impossible to play co-operatively. Even in the co-op campaign there is no way to turn off friendly fire. This would not be a problem in many games but causes no end of headaches in Magicka. With so many spells being area of effect damage, making a straight line completely across the map or just being experimented with, you will be killed constantly. Again in many games that would be okay but not in Magicka. Imagine you finally got the game to work after 3 hrs of changing settings and dealing with crashes. You finally get it working and 3 minutes into the game you get killed 5 times because while you're experimenting with spells so are your friends. Every time someone casts a damage spell they kill atleast 2 of their teammates. On top of being attacked by enemies. Some of these spells are hugely overpowered and yes very fun to watch untill you realize you not only destroyed all the goblins on the screen but killed all of your teammates too. Such a joke of a game at this point especially since they refuse to fix any of these issues because they are too busy pumping out garbage DLC. Save your money or buy something good instead. Expand
  23. May 24, 2011
    It was everything I expected and more, the graphics were beautiful, the spell combinations and different weapons make for unique gameplay that is different every time I start my computer, the multiplayer was enjoyable, the game had the perfect amount of comedy and Easter Eggs, but not too much as to dumb down the game. Hands down best $10 I have ever spent.
  24. Feb 6, 2011
    The best 10 euros i spent EVER.
    Even though it has its share of bugs,
    the game is tons of fun especially co-op.
    and is very replayable :)
    Download the demo and see for yourself.
  25. Feb 8, 2011
    Great game lots of fun! haven't played anything quite like it, for such a small developer they sure do work hard to get those patches out within 24 hours... this game has been done very well... and they have left alot of room for expansion! the multilayer option is really what made this game come to life.. all the funny things to do, great fun... !!

ps thanks again, for releasing a
    playable demo - I played almost 10 minutes of the demo and decided to buy the game. cheers Expand
  26. Feb 6, 2011
    Most people have thus far criticized the game (and rightly so) for the enormous number of bugs it had upon release. Having bought and played the game over a week after release, I myself only experienced a handfull of frustrations.

While these were annoying, they were completely overshadowed by the sheer volume of fun and hilarity the game offers. Playing co-op with a friend, I don't
    think I've laughed that hard in ages. The innovative game-play, funny dialog and outrageous in-game antics made for a heck of a fun evening.

As the bugs get patched and forgotten, I highly recommend the game to everyone who can find a friend to play with; I can't fathom some of those battles being handled alone!
  27. Feb 6, 2011
    Bought it for $10 USD on Steam - played about an hour so far and have never laughed so hard at a hack and slash RPG in my life. Well worth the money - any bugs that might have been present during the launch have not plagued me at all.
  28. Feb 8, 2011
    Magicka is really a very entertaining game, iam having lots of fun and i would certainly recommended it to everyone. If you love casting spells and doing spell mixes then this game is certainly for you, it is also quite challenging and the developers are releasing patches with fixes and new features every few days. The game was buggy upon release but it has now been improved a lot with all the crash issues resolved for me. For only $10 this is a great deal! Expand
  29. Feb 8, 2011
    Old school gamers will find themselves very happy with this title. I would start with its fun, but it is way more than fun, it is challenging. It is in fact often frustrating as you start out but the pay off comes every time you finish a level. Remember back when you got excited that you passed an area and saved your game. Well you will breath that same satisfied sigh of relief with Magicka. Then you will most likely start the next level even though you told yourself you wouldn't. Is it buggy, yes, does it have an engaging storyline? Not at all, in fact it is humorous to see what lengths they went to to make the story line a parody of all the most unimaginative journeys you have ever mashed your way through in the last 12 years. This is also the very first time I am waiting until I go into the pvp on this game. I need to work on my moves ;) Expand
  30. Feb 9, 2011
    Nice game. Developers have released nine patches up to date science game release (less than a two weeks ago). I must say that the game is pretty stable now.

1. May 6, 2011
    The rich, luscious colors somehow make the world a lot more believable than games like Crysis 2 could ever be.
  2. May 6, 2011
    Magicka is a game that works especially well in cooperation. Single player experience is a good one but this game shows its true potential only when you play with friends, allowing for some great fun. A patched-up Magicka is most certainly worth getting to know. Even more, because it is a solid candidate for 2011's best game in its category.
  3. Apr 23, 2011
    A game that glorifies the use of fireballs and land mines. #WIN.