Manhunt PC

7.7

1. Horus
    May 1, 2004
    A well-produced game, but a dull one. The grainy, cheap cinematic effect is good, the environments are suitably bleak, and the voice-acting and camera controls are slick, but Manhunt is overall immensely shallow. Once the novelty of the gratuitous and unnecessarily-indulgent violence wears off, it's very easy to get bored. Fighting involves either sneaking up behind people and A well-produced game, but a dull one. The grainy, cheap cinematic effect is good, the environments are suitably bleak, and the voice-acting and camera controls are slick, but Manhunt is overall immensely shallow. Once the novelty of the gratuitous and unnecessarily-indulgent violence wears off, it's very easy to get bored. Fighting involves either sneaking up behind people and executing them, or just clicking the mouse buttons and moving around a bit until one of you runs out of health. Hand to hand combat is dire and repetitive, and even gun combat later on is uninspiring. I can't help but feel that, unlike the GTA games, the only thing pushing sales of Manhunt is the deliberate, self-serving and somewhat cynical controversy that it has so obviously set out to exploit. One to miss. Expand
  2. Groundfisher
    May 6, 2004
    This game was a huge disappointment. I'm not a big fan of 'stealth' games, but a good game is a good game and this is not a good game. In a word: boring.
  3. WassoZ.
    Jun 2, 2004
    There are so many ways to kill and that makes it a brilliant game.
  4. BahmanS.
    Sep 1, 2004
    It makes you play to the end,although it becomes boring at the end. I think if they could work more on the story it could be the best game that ever made. it lacks in characters, and is mainly dependent on killing scenes. after the level that cash ran away, we did'nt hear much about the DIRECTOR until the end. i think he could continue talking more to Cash (persuading him to stop). It makes you play to the end,although it becomes boring at the end. I think if they could work more on the story it could be the best game that ever made. it lacks in characters, and is mainly dependent on killing scenes. after the level that cash ran away, we did'nt hear much about the DIRECTOR until the end. i think he could continue talking more to Cash (persuading him to stop). and ramirez execution could be more planned. overally,It was a NEW horror Game. Expand
  5. HeineT.
    May 21, 2004
    GREAT GAME!!!!
  6. AndyL.
    May 4, 2004
    Ugh, its almost like taking all the gameplay and fun outta of gta3 and instead opting for a storyline, which while being decent, is certainly no half-life. Dull is the best word here.
  7. JawadP.
    Aug 19, 2005
    It is nice stratigic game i lke it but it is weird that it is nice since it have some logical blunders u can locate them.
  8. LouieP
    Feb 3, 2010
    Horror fans, this is a great thriller. Gore-shy peaceniks and action junkies whining about repetitive, overly difficult or substandard gameplay obviously completely missed the point. Tense and immersive. Definitely could have used more character and story development though.
  9. SkyMoose
    May 11, 2004
    If you like stealth based games such as Splinter Cell, then this game is definitely worth a look. Great gameplay, graphics, sound and story... but definitely not for those who do not enjoy the darker side of gaming!
  10. R.S.
    May 26, 2004
    Repitive killing styles wich get boring after alot of the levels. The end, yet tough, is as the same as the last levels, just with more men with god-like accuracy and flashlights. I didnt care what the ending looked like ( uninstalled ) but by the way the trailers on TV show, it makes it look like you've escaped from prision and a bounty is placed on your head. Your running Repitive killing styles wich get boring after alot of the levels. The end, yet tough, is as the same as the last levels, just with more men with god-like accuracy and flashlights. I didnt care what the ending looked like ( uninstalled ) but by the way the trailers on TV show, it makes it look like you've escaped from prision and a bounty is placed on your head. Your running (literaly) for your life, not placed in a deserted location with men looking for you. After awahile you lose that being hunted feeling and more of a slaughter-hide and sneek game. Expand
  11. INDREKfromEstonia
    Apr 24, 2005
    This game is the BEST!!!
  12. DeonO.
    Jan 27, 2008
    A true revalotionary,this game is really one of rockstars peak's of success,The game handles brilliantly,great GFX,The mood and Atmosphere always has you looking over you shoulder to hear that sound your sure was a footstep
  13. TomH
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fantastic atmosphere, solid storyline, and gritty realism makes this one of the best stealth games around. It will literally have you on the edge of your seat at times.
  14. ShawnH.
    Nov 21, 2005
    Not a very deep game, but it is still entertaining. The grainy video look of the game takes some getting used too, especially since most of the game takes place in darkened areas. The kill sequences are gruesome and unusual, but become repetitious. I agree with Bahman that the Director should have been fleshed out more. Even though the Director is thoroughly evil, there is a funny edge to Not a very deep game, but it is still entertaining. The grainy video look of the game takes some getting used too, especially since most of the game takes place in darkened areas. The kill sequences are gruesome and unusual, but become repetitious. I agree with Bahman that the Director should have been fleshed out more. Even though the Director is thoroughly evil, there is a funny edge to him and that could have been expanded on. The Director is excellently voiced, and there is a variety of dialogue for the rest of the loonies, crazies and psychos found in the game. In the end, this is a very average game with a twist. Expand
  15. NickN.
    Dec 11, 2007
    An immersive, heart-pounding stealth game with truly frightening characters and levels, this game does not dissapoint. Memorable, heart-stopping moments make this an interactive horror film. One of the best games for some Halloween-ish thrills ever created.
  16. Apr 10, 2014
    It's GORY it's VIOLENT it's also difficult and will make you fear your enemies and what makes it even better is that epic atmosphere combined with awesome soundtracks and voice acting.
    This game started with some boring levels but after that level when you get to rescue your family you'll path through awesome atmospheric levels that will make you play till the end for about 12 hours of gameplay.
    My problem with this game was that you won't solve puzzles or get to see many characters and i also wanted to more enemies that you can't fight and will make you only run and kill them stealthy like that piggsy from the final level
    Totally one of the best games of its year and if you wanna know the feeling to be a psychopath you should get this game.
    8.5 out of 10
  17. Mar 9, 2012
    Praise it or hate it, this is a game you WILL remember! If the killing scenes were softer, there still would be enough elements in this game to make it a cult!
  18. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    A violent and brutal game,I proclaim this game as one of the deadliest,most violent,and brutal video game I have ever played.And still I kinda like this game because of my reason.
  19. Apr 3, 2014
    Awesome...great graphics,good story,amazing voice acting, badass gameplay..and the executions are so **** cool...this game is one of the best games ever made ;)
  20. Jul 25, 2016
    This is one of those games you give up, then play again and every advance you make is a victory. One of the most hard games I played in all my life, it took months to finish because I would give up and then I would think that this wasn't right, I just had to play again. I'm glad I went through the effort because the sense of satisfaction of finishing this game was great. It's a little tooThis is one of those games you give up, then play again and every advance you make is a victory. One of the most hard games I played in all my life, it took months to finish because I would give up and then I would think that this wasn't right, I just had to play again. I'm glad I went through the effort because the sense of satisfaction of finishing this game was great. It's a little too hard in my opinion, but exactly that made it rise above others. Expand
  21. Aug 13, 2016
    Blood. Guts. Violence. What's not to love? Seriously, if you're salty on the violence, f*ck off it's an M rated game.
    It's a good stealth game but is slightly dull.

1. Manhunt is no kid’s game. Adult players should anticipate an incredible amount of gore and some uncomfortable scenes of violence. Looking beyond that, Manhunt does offer a unique story and some challenging, stealth-based gameplay.
  2. It’s really up to you – the person behind the controller – to decide whether the violent content makes or breaks Manhunt since the core gameplay mechanics of Manhunt aren’t all that compelling.
  3. An optimized visual performance clearly makes the PC version the preferred edition of the game; however, the game attempts to combine excessive violence with stealth-action gameplay, but fails to invoke a sense of value and worth in play.