7.3

1. Apr 27, 2013
    For the price its not a bad game. Combat is harsh and unforgiving but not without its charm, character interaction is amusing and often your choices in such have an obvious effect in game. The ingame crafting allows you to alter the effects and appearance of the armour and weapons your character uses. The graphics given the games pricing can be forgiven. The voice acting is laughable atFor the price its not a bad game. Combat is harsh and unforgiving but not without its charm, character interaction is amusing and often your choices in such have an obvious effect in game. The ingame crafting allows you to alter the effects and appearance of the armour and weapons your character uses. The graphics given the games pricing can be forgiven. The voice acting is laughable at times, but the games indie background seems to have allowed the developers to go for a more adult tone in language and events which makes a change to most RPGs on the market.The only major fault is the often, tedious nature of some the quests you receive, go here, double back, route through numerous piles of garbage hidden about the level. Expand
  2. Apr 27, 2013
    I just heard about this game yesterday when it's released. I do a bit of research afterwards on how the game is developed and it looks interesting. I bought the game afterwards for $20 and I have to say, for an indie game, this is an excellent game. It's an action rpg where your decisions in game will affect the game later. I'm 6 hours into the game and I'm not even halfway finished.I just heard about this game yesterday when it's released. I do a bit of research afterwards on how the game is developed and it looks interesting. I bought the game afterwards for $20 and I have to say, for an indie game, this is an excellent game. It's an action rpg where your decisions in game will affect the game later. I'm 6 hours into the game and I'm not even halfway finished. Graphic looks good, the people's lips are kind of stiff but overall the animation is great, voice acting is pretty good, combat is actually fun and challenging, kind of like the Witcher 2 only with clubs and guns, and best of all it's only 2.5 GB in size. Wow, 2.5 GB and the game is this long and content filled. That's a big surprise. It's definitely worth the money. Expand
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    Only played about 2 hours so far, but initial impressions are very good. Don't expect AAA presentation (graphics animations), but mechanically combat is solid and works well, being a decent challenge (once out of the tutorial fights) on hard; items are also quite useful. Character customisation is good with a range of feats (passive boosts to XP, crafting, looting and rep) and skillsOnly played about 2 hours so far, but initial impressions are very good. Don't expect AAA presentation (graphics animations), but mechanically combat is solid and works well, being a decent challenge (once out of the tutorial fights) on hard; items are also quite useful. Character customisation is good with a range of feats (passive boosts to XP, crafting, looting and rep) and skills (three loose trees of combat, stealth items and magic). Crafting involves upgrades to armour and weapons, which have slots, and each slot can be given a variety of bonuses (and visuals) if you have the materials. The story is quite well told so far, with good voice acting and in-engine cutscenes; will be interesting to see where it leads. PC wise it feels a little like a port (mostly the mouse is a little floaty), but has enough options to please most people and it runs well on my laptop (alienware m14x) with high settings. I didn't need to customise the keyboard mouse controls (thumbs up) and there are default keys for most things (inventory, map, skills, characters, etc.) as well as 0-9 for easy to use item ability hotkeys. Like I said, and for $20, don't expect AAA, but in some ways that's a good thing (especially in an RPG) as it feels like the Devs have focused on mechanics over flash, and assuming the rest of the game is as good or better than the first few hours this is definitely a game sci-fi and or RPG fans should check out. Expand
  4. Apr 27, 2013
    Apart from the truly appalling voice acting, terrible lip syncing, vacant NPC stares and average visuals, I am finding myself really enjoying this game. Really. The combat is satisfying and offers some RPG progression and weapon/armour crafting which I am finding very intriguing. Let's face it, who doesn't want to be a Technomancer? Cool. What an effort from a low budget team. Oh, and anyApart from the truly appalling voice acting, terrible lip syncing, vacant NPC stares and average visuals, I am finding myself really enjoying this game. Really. The combat is satisfying and offers some RPG progression and weapon/armour crafting which I am finding very intriguing. Let's face it, who doesn't want to be a Technomancer? Cool. What an effort from a low budget team. Oh, and any game that can incorporate an 'arrow to the knee' quote gets my vote. Expand
  5. Apr 28, 2013
    Very well done game for the price of $20. They've done a lot of things right.

The combat is fairly good, at first it may seem weird but it works well. The quest are somewhat interesting, some are fetch this, bring it back, but other feel well placed for the setting. For the lip sync you end up not realising that it's out of time and done fairly bad. Voice acting isn't the best but the
    Very well done game for the price of $20. They've done a lot of things right.

The combat is fairly good, at first it may seem weird but it works well.
    For the lip sync you end up not realising that it's out of time and done fairly bad. Voice acting isn't the best but the main characters voice acting is done very well!
    The setting is great, the graphics are not top notch, but they don't have to be. I fell it adds character the the Mars setting and the fits the game very well.
    Has good character progression. Things you do can reflect on comments made by other characters. Skill tree isn't as vast as say Skyrim, but you wouldn't need anything more than what it gives.

Overall, It's a really fun game. The characters are done well, dialogue is all there(character background etc. combat works great, story is interesting. Well worth the buy!

10/10! May seem high to some but this little title that came from no where is great
  6. Apr 29, 2013
    Every other day or so I review the Steam new releases in hopes of finding something like this game; a 3rd person story/character-based rpg that I have not played, or read much about. It almost never happens. I follow the genre closely, and generally know what is on the horizon. This kind of game (rpg)offers a mix of development cost/complexity and mediocre sales expectations thatEvery other day or so I review the Steam new releases in hopes of finding something like this game; a 3rd person story/character-based rpg that I have not played, or read much about. It almost never happens. I follow the genre closely, and generally know what is on the horizon. This kind of game (rpg)offers a mix of development cost/complexity and mediocre sales expectations that basically has meant that smaller or indi studios rarely make them, opting for more of a sure thing, or a less resource-intensive game style.

This game caught me by surprise, and it has been a really pleasant surprise. I really enjoy the game thus far. It certainly has its, lets cal them eccentricities, but none of them, or even they all in aggregate,effectively "break" the game. It runs well on my machine. Below I will focus on different aspects of the game, sharing my views after about 8 hours of play.

Story: The story is interesting. I like that it is not "omg save teh wurld!" in its scope. Mars is about as dystopian as setting come, and what you do will likely not ultimately SAVE anyone for good because at the end of the day,there will still be too many thirsty, and not enough water, and little prospect for escape or giant leaps in quality of life. This is a story of trying to make the best of a really bad situation with little or no hope for a genuinely positive ending. Mars is a place where everyone is horrible to everyone. It is oddly satisfying to play hero in a plac ewhere people are hugely appreciative for hte smallest things.

Characters/writing/VA: I have read a lot of negative reviews of the voice acting. It hasn't bothered me at all. This is what yu get when you do what you can, but do not have millions to dedicate to VA. It is servicable,and never markedly bad imo. There were instances where it caused me to chuckle, but the intonation is generally solid, so i does its part. I actually thing the PC is pretty well done. The dialogue is good in places, and never what I would call bad. The writing matches the setting and stays pretty true to the "feel" of the game. Some of hte caracters are better done than others. Some are bizarre, but that is because they were intended to be so. There are no striking failures. Mary is weird but likable, and I think that is what they were going for.

Combat: It is a bit repetitive, or gets to be. It isn't the combat itself, which flows pretty well and is not overly easy, but som of the respawns got to me after a while, especially given the huge amount of back-tracking and how each enviroment is used for quite some time. Technomacy is powerful, but not hugely overpowered. You can never 2-shot mobs, and casting times are long enough that you have to timeyour casts well in order to avoid interruption. Like another reviewer said, you hit people with a stick...a lot.

Graphics/animation: I am not a discerning consumer of fine graphics. I like for characters to look good, and this game succeeds in that. They focused on character faces, which I think is a strong choice. The lighting works well andthe textures on characters are pretty good. I have not even looked at the environmental tetures closely. Some of hte animations are a tad wonky. Sometimes the characters have odd facial contortions that make them appear to be craning their neck is odd wys which makes them appear to be overly-animated. All in all, I reall like the style, and many of the characters are really well-drawn.

All in all I think they did really well. I certainly have no problem recommending this game given the $20 price point. It is very good in places and I consider it to be a really solid effort.
  7. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a game. A game about hitting people with a stick. Also, about bolts of electricity. You will combat faceless mooks on the Red Planet to gather Serum (aka money, who uses blood components as money?). With this money you can upgrade your stick. This is not phallic.

You will meet Mary. Mary is pretty and doesn't enjoy wearing clothing. Mary will follow you while you beat people with your stick. You make some choices, but mostly hit people with a stick while Mary watches. This is not a game about sexual frustration or S/M.

Really, it's fun. Also, Mary is pretty.
  8. Apr 27, 2013
    As Much as I want to like a smaller production value game, the mechanics are too cliche. the Best way to describe the combat system is taxingly tedious. I cannot stress enough how boring and uncreative it is, it seems more like the combat was an after-thought. The story itself is based around is based around a task system that doesn't allow much for imagination or creativity. Overall its aAs Much as I want to like a smaller production value game, the mechanics are too cliche. the Best way to describe the combat system is taxingly tedious. I cannot stress enough how boring and uncreative it is, it seems more like the combat was an after-thought. The story itself is based around is based around a task system that doesn't allow much for imagination or creativity. Overall its a very linear experience, do this, do that, get this, go here tasks are overwhelmingly boring. As much as I want to continue on the story, it is simply not worth my time.
    I personally don't hold anything against the game engine or the graphics, the controls, or the story. Its just the rest of the game that holds me back. Its obvious more time and thought is needed in multiple aspects of this game. I applaud the developer's efforts, but this seems more like a pre-release.

At this point I would ask for a refund if Steam allowed it.
  9. Apr 27, 2013
    Mars takes a few pages out of the KOTOR-era Bioware gamebook. Search the corners, loot conveniently-highlighted piles of rubble, get ambushed at predictable intervals, complete arbitrary collection quest, repeat. The first 3 hours of gameplay hint at a detailed backstory, but there's nowhere to learn about it; the environments aren't expressive enough to offer any clues, and none of theMars takes a few pages out of the KOTOR-era Bioware gamebook. Search the corners, loot conveniently-highlighted piles of rubble, get ambushed at predictable intervals, complete arbitrary collection quest, repeat. The first 3 hours of gameplay hint at a detailed backstory, but there's nowhere to learn about it; the environments aren't expressive enough to offer any clues, and none of the characters are capable of speaking english above a 6th grade proficiency. Look up the opening cutscene on YouTube, and if the very first line of dialogue gives you a headache, avoid this game, because it never gets better. That said, Mars isn't horrible; it just doesn't do anything RPGs weren't already doing in 2002. Expand
  10. Apr 30, 2013
    This game simply does not have much going for it. It has a very weak story, uninteresting characters and boring, repetitive environments. The bright spots are the combat (which is pretty fun and challenging), the skill tree (which is done well with a bunch of useful skills) and the crafting of weapons and armor (which is also pretty fun). Other than those few things it was very dull andThis game simply does not have much going for it. It has a very weak story, uninteresting characters and boring, repetitive environments. The bright spots are the combat (which is pretty fun and challenging), the skill tree (which is done well with a bunch of useful skills) and the crafting of weapons and armor (which is also pretty fun). Other than those few things it was very dull and there was not much reason, if any, to keep playing. Don't waste your time. Expand
  11. May 1, 2013
    Not for left handed people. The most basic function of remapping keys has been left out of this game making it pretty darn awkward for mouse and keyboard players.

It maybe out on PC first but this lack of thought for the players makes it seem like another lazy console port.
  12. Apr 27, 2013
    The biggest faults with this game are pretty much the scripting and voice acting, sometimes a little disconnected, but the game in total for $20 its a bargain. There is a lot of depth in the crafting and combat mechanics but easy to figure it out without needing to delve into specifics and allows some great flexibility in play styles. Very much worth the cost of entry and then some.
  13. Apr 28, 2013
    If you're looking for a game that's worth it's price this is it; however it isn't worth more than $20. The game's graphics were surprisingly as good as many console games from about 2-3 years ago. I experienced no frame hiccups except one in the slums after a quest. If you're thinking you can counter like you would in Batman Arkahm series you're gonna have a bad time and will spend halfIf you're looking for a game that's worth it's price this is it; however it isn't worth more than $20. The game's graphics were surprisingly as good as many console games from about 2-3 years ago. I experienced no frame hiccups except one in the slums after a quest. If you're thinking you can counter like you would in Batman Arkahm series you're gonna have a bad time and will spend half the time on your back getting raped. I was also expecting more weapon variety but all you get are iron clubs/tubes that you turn into axes etc. as far as I have played there are no guns other than the one you receive in the first level so if you wanna go John woo style and blast the baddies with a minigun you're out of luck. The technomancy tree is probably the most reliable tree hands down as I just beat the game on hard the only thing you have to do is grab overload in the master side, activate it and then spam the living crap out of lightning and watch your enemies turn into fried turkeys. The sneaking part of this game is absolutely useless do not and I mean do not invest into sneaking even with the %50 more silent instant take downs your enemies will magically hear you from across the way much like Metro last light. The voices of Mary and Innocence are emotionless however Mary passes cause her character is meant to be that way but innocence crying over losing "something very important" sounded like evil cackling rather than crying. The upgrades are also universal for all armors and clubs nothing too special. The lack of armors irritated me as i wanted to trick out some guard armor but found I could only customize civilian clothing. With that being said THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO BUY the best weapons/armor are usually found in quests and the parts needed to upgrade are easily found on the bodies of your enemies leaving the merchants absolutely useless except for buying ammo leaving you wondering WTF am I gonna do with all this cash?! The AI is a solid C that doesn't mean bad but that also doesn't mean good the majority of your companions will just be good for distractions as they all have unbearably long charge times for their attacks which means if they're facing 2 enemies at once hitting in succession consider them KO'D. The NPC AI is a bit dumb as they have no reaction to fights breaking out right in front of them think of a street fighter game where they just sit in the background just doing sit ups or eating casually while you're kicking the crap out of the police. The shield men are also a bit ridiculous because even when knocked down and you try to shoot them they magically fly back up and block your nails. The unique character traits are also a nice touch but I suggest not investing in crafting it "unlocks" new crafting recipes but in reality it does jack s**t and the only useful traits is gaining more exp from kills/ scrounging. There are glitches in quests such as on the first chapter the mechanic asks for help finding things I saw a youtube video where it says 5/5 quest done and the guy cheered. I'm here looking at 5/6 parts found and looked everywhere in frustration and me being a completionist I was absolutely livid. What really got me were the companion quests such as "get to know Mary more" I exhausted all voice options in all different ways took her with me through the entire story and even talked to her every location on the map to look for change to no avail. It also said talk to her at the resistant/honour camp in private and I found it impossible to do it. The creators also followed the cliche of putting unlockable chests or crates behind a bunch of other crates I found it humorous walking over to a bunch of crates knowing that if I look behind it i'll find a box to open. It is not as choice reliant as it says since no matter what you do you will lose a certain companion however it does change the ending and people do react to what you say or do on occasion. It is much like Bioshock infinite in terms of sides the only difference between the resistance leader Marco and General Honour is the way you spell their names. They both are negative in some aspects but positive in others. The vanilla path of good is probably Judy's path but I won't ruin it since you have to kill a certain leader to get her. But it still is slightly negative as you have to see your character kneel in reminiscence of a dead companion. Mars war logs is a decent game there are a small amount of glitches but the ones that are there are usually side quest breaking. The game as far as I have seen does not utilize good character development the only thing I knew about the main character was that A. he's a renegade technomancer and B. he's a renegade technomancer. I have no idea who he is other than he ran away from the source and magically went into the prison camp but i do admit I went brain dead in some cutscenes. With all of that said for it's price of $20 this game is better than most games with the same price on release. Expand
  14. Apr 28, 2013
    For only $20, this is an excellent game. Of course its not a AAA title or anything, but for an indie game the combat is decent, the plot is well thought out, and the graphics are pretty good. If you're looking for something to keep you entertained I definitely recommend this.
  15. Jul 13, 2013
    Mars: War Logs is perhaps a great example of how a indie team with a limited budget can surprise the masses, with a rather incredible and vivid game.

The storyline is well written, and there is plenty of lore embedded in your menu to read up and understand the setting that takes place. The game is inspired by some other similar titles, but does a excellent job at being unique from those other ones.

The Graphics are very good; I play the game on three monitors and max settings; it is a well-rendered for the mars environment. The engine they use I have not heard of before, but it seems bug-free.

The Game-play is also catered in a unique light. The game has a bit more of a emphasis on melee, but does have guns. The player will find himself in the beginning trying hard to save resources, since the life of a mars inhabitant in the state of this game can be quite unforgiving.

The RPG elements are acceptable; there are moral choices and different dialogue options with many people in the game. The skill tree is oriented in three different paths, and skills give you perks.

There is also crafting, recycling, trading, side quests, and nooks and crannies to explore that will keep you busy.

9/10 Excellent budget indie title!
  16. Apr 29, 2013
    By the time I've played it for now, I can surely say: this is definitely not a bad game. I can say more Mars: War Logs is surprisingly good, especially for it's price. It contains more awesome things than any sequel RPG of the past couple of years. Unusual setting reminds of Riddick stories; the story is strong, and the lore is strong too. Harsh and unforgiving combat, comparing to otherBy the time I've played it for now, I can surely say: this is definitely not a bad game. I can say more Mars: War Logs is surprisingly good, especially for it's price. It contains more awesome things than any sequel RPG of the past couple of years. Unusual setting reminds of Riddick stories; the story is strong, and the lore is strong too. Harsh and unforgiving combat, comparing to other current RPG games, delivers lots of pleasure. Add the crafting, huge variety of skills and perks and nice dialogue system to this. And the quests! Forget about the Skyrim-like magic compass thing, here on Mars you're on your own with your tasks. Anyway, all these goodies doesn't mean the game is absolutely perfect. Graphics are a few years outdated, animations are choppy and lacks frames. Side quests are mostly boring or just common. Roy's haircut is just awful he looks like a complete douchebag. Most cons are just about the game's appearance. So, the game is surely worth of it's cost. It's made just for you if you're tired of modern dumb ass RPGs. Expand
  17. Apr 30, 2013
    I am not sure why there are so many high reviews of this game with almost all of them praising the combat and story as both these aspects I found terrible. the combat was glitchy, not helped by the camera control which I dont think had one smooth pan during my whole game playthrough, it was unforgiving and even on the lowest difficulty setting It was very hit and miss with some fights II am not sure why there are so many high reviews of this game with almost all of them praising the combat and story as both these aspects I found terrible. the combat was glitchy, not helped by the camera control which I dont think had one smooth pan during my whole game playthrough, it was unforgiving and even on the lowest difficulty setting It was very hit and miss with some fights I lost very convincingly in 10s and on the retry I won without a scratch, everyone keeps comparing it to witcher which I havent played so maybe you need to play that first to understand it. The story was so laughable with no explanations for NPC motivations or changes of heart, one character was a friend, tried to kill you and then offered to be a companion in about 2 mins without any explanations and that was normal for the game the main story never even explained the main characters motivation and even gives you a choice of what it was about 5min from the end. For a low budget RPG it wasnt bad but the story could really have been done a lot better, its like it wasnt even proof read and was full of spelling mistakes in the dialogue. Expand
  18. Apr 28, 2013
    It's a little rough, but a fun game. Combat is satisfying when I'm not facing the wrong direction and therefore can't attack. Animations can be a little rough sometimes. The voice acting is good but not up to top-shelf standards. The writing could also be a little better for a game with so much dialogue and I didn't always get the sense of exactly what I would be saying from theIt's a little rough, but a fun game. Combat is satisfying when I'm not facing the wrong direction and therefore can't attack. Animations can be a little rough sometimes. The voice acting is good but not up to top-shelf standards. The writing could also be a little better for a game with so much dialogue and I didn't always get the sense of exactly what I would be saying from the options available, but overall a pretty fun budget game and worth the $20. Expand
  19. Sep 19, 2013
    this game is completely underrated. good story, quite nice gameplay, if repetitive at some point. i loved the characters and the steampunk settings. if you didn´t play it yet, don´t hesitate. it´s a bargain!
  20. Apr 27, 2013
    great game. yes people, graphics suck, voice acting is hilarious, but i rather play this over most triple A CRAP we get these days. An awesome game with great crafting, great HARD combat, choice, romances and a very interesting storyline.

Deal with it haters, this is going to be an underrated gem and it will become a cult classic.
  21. Apr 27, 2013
    A very pleasant surprise. This game came out with nearly zero hype or advertisement but if you're up for a good action RPG, you won't regret picking this one up. The writing won't win any awards, sometimes the areas feel a bit claustrophobic and the voice acting is pretty bad but the rest of the game is up to snuff. The progression is structured like Jade Empire for example: you are inA very pleasant surprise. This game came out with nearly zero hype or advertisement but if you're up for a good action RPG, you won't regret picking this one up. The writing won't win any awards, sometimes the areas feel a bit claustrophobic and the voice acting is pretty bad but the rest of the game is up to snuff. The progression is structured like Jade Empire for example: you are in interlinked hub areas and there are a healthy amount of sidequests you can pick up before you progress the main quest to a new hub area. The game takes a lot of inspiration from the Witcher 2; you'll have crafting, almost exactly the same combat and character progression systems, and a decision that will make your endgame play out from a different perspective.

A good game. At its budget price, it's a highly recommended purchase for anyone who likes action RPGs.
  22. May 3, 2013
    I enjoyed the game. The first few hours in the first level were great, and the game felt in its own clunky (indie) way fresh compared to the bland FPS & RPG AAA titles we get nowadays.

Unfortunately, as you progress the game the quality deteriorates fast. The gameplay mechanics which held the game together the first few hours start to feel boring and repetitive. There's no excitement to explore places since the loot has no variety, and it becomes just a requirement for progression. The combat becomes too easy as your character gains experience and even your gear fully upgraded starts to feel old, since there's a relatively small amount of different equipment in the game. However, the story and character leveling keep the game interesting enough to the end, even if you eventually start hoping to reach it already.

For its price point (20 euros) this game is still a good recommendation. The first few hours are worth it, and its a low cost for supporting an indie team which has this much ambition. Hopefully we'll hear more from them in the future.
  23. Apr 27, 2013
    Played for about 2 hours, maybe a little less. The voice acting/dialogue and lip sync is sub par, wouldn't go as far to say it's terrible, there is defiantly worse. Animations are pretty good, for the most part. The graphic quality is very good when maxed out, although the frame rate appears to be capped at 50fps, which is extremely odd. There is no option to disable, this could easily bePlayed for about 2 hours, maybe a little less. The voice acting/dialogue and lip sync is sub par, wouldn't go as far to say it's terrible, there is defiantly worse. Animations are pretty good, for the most part. The graphic quality is very good when maxed out, although the frame rate appears to be capped at 50fps, which is extremely odd. There is no option to disable, this could easily be patches/edited. The combat and story, both of which are the meat of the game, are sub par. The fighting feels kind of spammy at first, but as you progress it gets better. It appears melee combat is the main focus of the game, with weapons,ect. being accessed by first equipping the item to a hot key and your character uses it briefly when pressed. The story so far is interesting, I look forward to playing more. Expand
  24. Apr 27, 2013
    I was pleasantly surprised when I played this game. Yes it is a little rough around the edges, but overall I am excited to see what else the studio can produce. I like the game World they have created, and I wouldn't mind a second game on Mars.
  25. Feb 21, 2014
    It is as though the Devs played Kotor and Witchers and tried to make a hybrid Futuristic RPG with a post apocalyptic steampunk theme, and they didn't do to bad a job of it really.
  26. Apr 28, 2013
    Before noticing the release on Steam I had not heard of this game at all. I was in doubt wether to buy it, as I usually wait a while for reviews and playthrough sessions. Either way, I took the gamble and am now about 8 hours (pretty much non-stop) in. My conclusion so far, it's exactly what I was looking for!

It pushes all the right buttons for me, with many similarities to Witcher and

It pushes all the right buttons for me, with many similarities to Witcher and Mass Effect and also a touch of that Risen diamond-in-the-rough feeling. Combat takes some getting used to, but so did the Witcher. The neccesity of blocking, dodging and alternating attacks keep the combat hectic and the addition of technomancer powers make it so much more interesting. Technomancer powers are basically a copy of the Witcher though, but that doesn't make them less fun.

The graphics are decent, nothing special but the atmosphere works. Lots of brown, but hey it's Mars. Same goes for the voice-acting, it's fine for me (I saw this mentioned as a con at other reviews). The story might be slightly cliche, but there's plenty to read (codex style). I love the customization options for your weapon and armor (though as effects are applied, you're kinda bound to one rather than it's visual appeal). The unlocking of skills is very satisfying (they make a ton of diference in combat, so you have that classic RPG 'getting stronger' feeling).

Overall, this game does a little bit of everything and does them well enough to keep me entertained. For its price you can't go wrong either. I certainly hope for more of these games to follow from Spider Studios (or is it Focus Home Interactive?).
  27. Jul 14, 2013
    Kind of a mix between Mass Effect (character dialog choices and reputation system), Fallout (loot, overall setting and crafting) and Skyrim (real time combat but with dodges and parries) this game is a severely over looked and under rated gem.

The level design does leave a lot to be desired and even the updated voice over and dialog is still not great. But the atmosphere, the story, the characters, the combat, the crafting and anything else you can think of are all very interesting and fun.

Sure it's not the longest game, but at 1/3rd the price of most new games, I can't really complain.

Hope to see a bigger sequel from the same developers.
  28. Jul 14, 2013
    This game is great I'm in love with Spiders studio. It appears to have the same engine as Of Orcs and Men and yes, it's indy, and no it's not triple A. But it is a bunch of fun, with different combat mechanics, an enjoyable story and they have just released a whole new voice over for the english (translation was bad before).

Give it a try.
  29. Apr 30, 2013
    Worth playing.
    Worth playing.
    Decent. That word probably describes the game best. The setting is interesting, but the story is a little dry, it definitely has a potential to be so much more. It's mostly linear, but I don't see it as a flaw. The game mechanically resembles KotOR, Jade Empire, Witcher, etc. Graphics are not stunning but they are Ok. RPG system is very simple. Combat is more action that tactics. I haven't found any bugs that affect the gameplay. Probably the main weakness of the game is that it lacks polish. Overall it's a good effort and I wasn't disappointed.
  30. Jun 26, 2014
    Don't be repelled by my rating of 7 - it is a good rating after all and the game is solid. It has unique setting, engaging narrative and passionate voice acting. It is a solid RPG with melee fighting system. However the game does not reach higher than 7 for me for a number of reasons - repeating environments(ala Dragon Age 2), limited ranged weapons(1 in total), skill trees not balancedDon't be repelled by my rating of 7 - it is a good rating after all and the game is solid. It has unique setting, engaging narrative and passionate voice acting. It is a solid RPG with melee fighting system. However the game does not reach higher than 7 for me for a number of reasons - repeating environments(ala Dragon Age 2), limited ranged weapons(1 in total), skill trees not balanced and not well designed, too much unnecessary animations - like opening doors(although they can be skipped), too much running back and forth in linear environment. But, dialogues and decision making is there and this is what makes a good rpg. Worth the money spent, just wish it had a bigger budget. Expand

1. Aug 6, 2013
    What remains is a fatal vortex of wasted opportunities.
  2. Aug 5, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Amongst the many sins of Mars: War Logs, the total lack of originality is the worst one.