Marvel Heroes PC

6.7

1. Jun 17, 2013
    As far as free-to-play MMOs go Marvel Heroes has the biggest potential. The gameplay is your standard brawler and has a focus on loot collecting. Admittedly this kind of gameplay has been done many times before ever since the Diablo series made it popular, but the fact that you get to play as your favorite Marvel super-heroes keeps it entertaining. The game can get really laggy at timesAs far as free-to-play MMOs go Marvel Heroes has the biggest potential. The gameplay is your standard brawler and has a focus on loot collecting. Admittedly this kind of gameplay has been done many times before ever since the Diablo series made it popular, but the fact that you get to play as your favorite Marvel super-heroes keeps it entertaining. The game can get really laggy at times which is sad because when things are running smoothly the character animations look fantastic. It's got a pretty lengthy campaign which mainly focuses on taking you to different locations set in the Marvel universe to fight super villains all while sporting a poorly written plot. The endgame content focuses more on daily challenges and the PVP arena. It feels sort of relaxing to reach the endgame and spend the rest of your time trying to max out your character. At any time you can play as a different super hero, which you can either pay real money for or hope to get in a loot drop, and start back from scratch. Admittedly the Marvel theme helps this game a lot. Without it this would just be another generic brawler. But the fact that it uses famous organizations, locations, and characters from the Marvel universe will keep any Marvel fan invested in it. It being free-to-play also cushions the blow. So if you're a fan of Marvel's proud history you owe it to yourself to check out this free-to-play gem. Just keep in mind it has got some light issues. Expand
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is a free-2-play hack and slash game, much like the Diablo franchise by Blizzard. When you first start off, you are given a choice between a small handful of heroes. I am told that as you play the game, you can unlock more heroes, but after playing two hours, I have only unlocked one other hero, one I didn't even want.

In order to buy new heroes, you'll need to do some

In order to buy new heroes, you'll need to do some sort of stupid currency conversion like all stupid new free-2-play games go. Right now heroes go for a little over $10.00 a hero, which is really unreasonable if you ask me. Some heroes are "worth" more then others and I don't really understand why.

It's your standard fare hack and slash with some hero elements thrown in. For the most part you will be sharing zones with other players, which is really annoying. When you participate in group fights, instead of allowing each person to have their own private loot, it all hits the floor, making you fight for loot drops.

Equipment is pretty shallow, there's nothing really "epic" about the equipment you find in the game. None of the equipment changes how your player looks, instead, once again, you need to buy stuff in their cash shop and the new equipment designs are pretty expensive, around $10.00 a costume swap. This causes the game to have hordes of the same looking characters, which really ruins the experience of the game.

I am told it's actually possible to find everything just by playing the game that you can buy in the cash shop, I am not sure how much of that I believe, after all, after two hours I haven't seen anything like that drop. If you are criminally insane, you can pay $200.00 to unlock everything in the game, I am not sure why people consider this acceptable and the people encouraging that kind of blatant cash grab should be ashamed of themselves.

It's nothing amazing, it's nothing new and for people wanting to spend money, it's incredibly expensive.
  3. Jun 26, 2014
    This is essentially a poor man's DC Universe online. Marvel tried to respond with DCUO's success and failed big time. it pales in comparison and without is comparison, is decent at best. MMORPGS have customization, which is key and is what makes them successful, Marvel Heroes takes that away, it takes away the ability to make one's own character, it's lack of controller compatibility andThis is essentially a poor man's DC Universe online. Marvel tried to respond with DCUO's success and failed big time. it pales in comparison and without is comparison, is decent at best. MMORPGS have customization, which is key and is what makes them successful, Marvel Heroes takes that away, it takes away the ability to make one's own character, it's lack of controller compatibility and generic controls isn't bad, but it's just the same as almost every other MMORPG game. It seems like Gazillion was too scared to do anything ground breaking or new. What bright spots this game has is almost immediately forgotten with its many short comings. Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Average. 7.

Sound: Some good voice acting some terrible, Average. 7. Gameplay: The gameplay is a grind fest to the MAX!!!! The whole world is just littered with enemies. Think of a map in Diablo 3 but every step you take there's 50 enemies on the screen. Playing through the story feels exhausting and like a chore. Although some of this games features are good.
    Graphics: Average. 7.

Sound: Some good voice acting some terrible, Average. 7.

Gameplay: The gameplay is a grind fest to the MAX!!!! The whole world is just littered with enemies. Think of a map in Diablo 3 but every step you take there's 50 enemies on the screen. Playing through the story feels exhausting and like a chore. Although some of this games features are good. First off, while you're questing it feels like an MMO which is a good thing because you see other players (something maybe Diablo 3 should consider) around the world. The talent tree is simple, easy, and you feel a difference in character progression. Characters each are unique, and while it can be fun, it quickly gets repetitive. 7.

Story: Decent, I played through the game quickly and didn't find the story too interesting. 6.

Replay Value: Free to play game, there's plenty to do, I can recommend giving this game a go, you shouldn't be disappointed if you're a Marvel fan. If you're a fan of playing game similar to Diablo I can still recommend it but you may quickly find the game to be boring. 7.5.

Overall Score: 6.9 out of 10.
  5. Oct 1, 2016
    A very generic, unsophisticated click-ARPG that is leagues behind most modern offerings in the genre. The game is heavily bloated with currencies and shops that are meaningless unless you were introduced to them as they came and in general it plays like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance but worse and 10 years later.
  6. Feb 25, 2016
    At first when I started playing this game I would of gave this game a 5, but lately it has improved a lot. The game feels like a fun ARPG with several characters to choose from. The story is ok, not the best, but not the worst. The cash shop seems expensive at times where a costume can cost about $15 but I guess people expect that from f2p games now a days.

Honestly if you're looking

Honestly if you're looking for a f2p Super Hero ARPG, Marvel Heroes does a good job at that. I think it would be a better game if it was a b2p game, but I guess its too late to do that.
  7. Jun 6, 2013
    People have been so impatient with this game and so spoiled. It is a hell of a lot of fun. The way I see it, $60 buys me a AAA game that lasts 6-8 hours. $20 buys me my favourite Marvel hero (in this case Thor) who I've been playing for over 20 hours. The graphics are detailed and colourful, and the skills always make you feel incredibly strong. You will find yourself getting lost justPeople have been so impatient with this game and so spoiled. It is a hell of a lot of fun. The way I see it, $60 buys me a AAA game that lasts 6-8 hours. $20 buys me my favourite Marvel hero (in this case Thor) who I've been playing for over 20 hours. The graphics are detailed and colourful, and the skills always make you feel incredibly strong. You will find yourself getting lost just running around with random people killing everything on the screen, not even talking to them, just happily killing together. It's a refreshing experience, I would say AT LEAST try it! It's free! Expand
  8. Jun 6, 2013
    Solid ARPG. Some slight balancing issues (Magneto is awful for some heroes), the pricing isn't very good, and the game is pretty short meaning nonstop daily farming or running alts. Gaz's does a good job addressing bugs in a timely manner.
  9. Jun 6, 2013
    DONT MISS THIS GAME! its the first true mix of MMO and ARPG and for that alone we should be excited. The fact that its a Marvel Universe and not the same tired High Fantasy setting is refreshing. The polish on the game is already very good and first week jitters aside there is one here. If you like ARPG you'll love MH. Those with a disposition more towards pandas and deathknights justDONT MISS THIS GAME! its the first true mix of MMO and ARPG and for that alone we should be excited. The fact that its a Marvel Universe and not the same tired High Fantasy setting is refreshing. The polish on the game is already very good and first week jitters aside there is one here. If you like ARPG you'll love MH. Those with a disposition more towards pandas and deathknights just wont get how good this game is. Finally its Free-to-Play and whilst the prices you pay for getting heroes ahead of a drop may at first seem high. When you think you only need to pay $20 to play the character of your choice and never have to pay a penny again that represents really great value for money. Expand
  10. Jun 11, 2013
    I love the fact that this is the first super heroe MMO that actually let's you play as your favorite super heroes! (DCUO pay attention) There needs to be a bit more characters but the game is a super polished barrel of Marvel fun.
  11. Jun 24, 2013
    While this game has the potential to be really fun it's current level of entertainment value wears thin quick with it's very limited customization. Gear does not change your appearance, and there are a limited collection of costumes for each character as well as very weak power trees. I'll admit that the game is fun at the start, I had a blast but it quickly wore off because of itsWhile this game has the potential to be really fun it's current level of entertainment value wears thin quick with it's very limited customization. Gear does not change your appearance, and there are a limited collection of costumes for each character as well as very weak power trees. I'll admit that the game is fun at the start, I had a blast but it quickly wore off because of its repetitiveness. The game needs more visual diversity (acquired gear should tweak your characters appearance), it needs more heroes, it needs to allow you to create a custom hero, and it needs Ghostrider. The real disappointment of this game though is it's fixed angle isometric 3d camera view. While it works fine for fantasy based games like Torchlight or Diablo you really lose the "heroic" feel of your hero because of the restraining camera. No custom heroes and the action RPG engine really killed this, it should be a true MMO like DC Heroes or Champions Online. This has potential to be a great game, but it will never, ever, feel like a true super hero game. Lessen the grind and give us more customization (both character development and visual appearance) and this will be a winner, but still won't feel like a superhero game. Expand
  12. X0R
    Jun 11, 2013
    I played the beta, and should have known better than wasting money on it but I did. Ah well. It is not my cup of tea. There are 100 reviews here on this game, so I won't repeat other than commenting that personally, there isn't a whole lot of thrill/fun/excitement to keep me logged in for longer than 15-20mins.

Sure I knew in advance that there is no customization of characters to

Sure I knew in advance that there is no customization of characters to make yours unique, the AI is pretty predictable, the missions are predictable but I thought it might have some entertaining value. Nah zero value for me.
  13. Jun 11, 2013
    If you like Marvel comics and you enjoyed Diablo 2 then this is a no brainer, the graphics are great and the overall story is classic Marvel. I am loving this game!
  14. Oct 19, 2013
    Back in June I rated this game poorly due to its pre-mature release lacking many features. Now October version 1.4, the game is so much better. In its current state it is far superior to Path of Exile and Diablo 3. The game has steadily increased its player numbers, but its ashame about the poor launch. If the game had been released in its current state I'd bet there would be half aBack in June I rated this game poorly due to its pre-mature release lacking many features. Now October version 1.4, the game is so much better. In its current state it is far superior to Path of Exile and Diablo 3. The game has steadily increased its player numbers, but its ashame about the poor launch. If the game had been released in its current state I'd bet there would be half a million players. And in one week we'll be getting a brand new PvP gamemode. Can't wait! Expand
  15. Jun 23, 2013
    I was expecting this to be an awesome game, but It was really just a medicore game. Similar to diablo, the gameplay was really fun, but it grew repetitive and tedious fast. The graphics are not the best, but they're still pretty good. And the crafting seemed like a feature they could of left out. Marvel hereos is fun, but only for a couple of days.
  16. Aug 4, 2013
    this game had huge potential but flopped when it decided to go 2D mouse clicking game. certainly doesnt compete with any other major MMO's out there right now. the pricing is also terrible and laughable also
  17. Jul 10, 2013
    This game Is Really Good After Like 10 minutes I got hooked Because Of 1# Awesome Story Line #2 Combat system Is very smooth #3 Lots of characters Too choose from! (NOT AT THE START OF THE GAME!). This game might not be as good as most titles out there but its still a game worth trying out.
  18. Dec 30, 2013
    *UPDATED REVIEW*
    *UPDATED REVIEW*
    Overview: Gazillion has drastically improved this game since launch. It's got a dearth of content and events (finally), they actually lowered the prices on some characters (for real money) and allowing you to earn them without paying (using eternity splinters). They've added some new characters like Squirrel Girl Ghost Rider, Gambit and some others, with more on the way.

Pros: The combat is really good and you'll never be at a loss for loot. You can actually get characters without emptying your wallet. Way more content than at launch.
    Cons :The story is still super boring. I wish there was a little more depth to the crafting (that's more of a personal preference though).

It's way better than it was at launch. It's fun but make sure you get some friends to play with (or make some friends in game) as it can get lonely playing it solo.
  19. Jun 21, 2013
    Good enjoyable game. Heroes have certain roles that those fill tank, support and so on. Power levels of heroes also varies each have their own unique play style. Compared to Diablo 3 game is f2p unless you want all characters or play certain one. I have seen loads of about prices of heroes well no one is forcing you to buy anything. Downside in this game is some issues with performanceGood enjoyable game. Heroes have certain roles that those fill tank, support and so on. Power levels of heroes also varies each have their own unique play style. Compared to Diablo 3 game is f2p unless you want all characters or play certain one. I have seen loads of about prices of heroes well no one is forcing you to buy anything. Downside in this game is some issues with performance example lagging but that is what i expect from games that are mmo. Perhaps this is savior for this genre after drastic failure of Diablo 3. Game actually has skill tree like old good Diablo 2 and skills have effect on game. Not like in in Diablo 3 one combination is best rest are crap. Expand
  20. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is a chore.

This game is a chore.

Marvel Heroes is an endless grindfest of hundreds and hundreds of creeps. This game has no RPG elements, so think of this as an MMO action game. It's an attempt to utilize the Diablo model but reskinned with Marvel comic book elements, but in the process, it takes the worst of both and then packages it together with a blatant attempt to use comic book fandom against them to make money.

In terms of pros, I have none. This game fell completely flat for me.

In terms of cons, this game has horrific, perfectly-square levels that are barely broken apart by large square buildings. It's isometric, so you can't move the camera. While playing, you will often find both loot and enemies hiding behind scenery elements that any other game would take away but for some reason are left in place in this game. The bosses are uninspired; you can beat them all by simply running in a circle while they try to get you. The effects are nice to look at, but if you get ten guys on the screen all hitting AOE at once, the game will grind to a halt. If you stand in an empty area long enough, creeps will spawn and aggro you.

This game is an attempt by Marvel and Gazillion Entertainment to trick thirteen-year-old boys into begging their mothers for $84 to buy four characters they can get in the game anyway if they grind long enough. It is disrespectful to the fanbase and fails most definitions of what a game is. For me, this one was a pass.
  21. Sep 7, 2013
    Dull, repetitive gameplay, an intrusive pricing policy and not enough free content make Marvel Heroes one of the top disappointments of the year. A short story and little customization tools hinder even more deeply the player's enjoyment.
  22. Jun 24, 2013
    If you like the idea of playing 20 hours of a diablo-style game with a Marvel hero, this game is for you. If it's because you look for the joy of playing a crime fighting super hero in a video game, forget it, the area you just entered in has already been cleaned by 5 doppelgangers. Disappointing.

The storyline in itself is quite good, you fight various Marvel villains during your progression, but the challenge is inexistant nad you don't suffer any consequences when you die. Also, the comics panels cutscenes were not a good idea. You can enjoy the high quality of Marvel illustrator's work, but they don't bring anything to the game itself.

Otherwise, the problems in this game are legions A bad launching which resulted in balancing issue through intense patching, an end-game content limited to the same 9 dungeons you do over and over again, and the need to pay up to 20 to play your favorite hero (costume not included) are as much issues that will keep you away from enjoying Marvel Heroes.
  23. Feb 12, 2014
    This game is a sheetload of fock - seriously, all the devs care about is to know how much money they can suck off you. Their 2nd priority is to release costumes and character packs to attend to their 1st priority. Fixing bugs and glaring issues is their least priority. So before you buy anything in this game, you already know in what kind of mountain of rhino poo you are setting your feet into.
  24. Oct 13, 2013
    MH had a lot of potential, but completely failed to deliver. It's kinda fun for a single play through, but there just isn't enough content or fun to be had to justify investing much time or money into it. Were it not for the extortionist monetization policy, I would probably have rated MH higher, but at its heart, MH is a shallow cash grab, backed by underwhelming gameplay. How thisMH had a lot of potential, but completely failed to deliver. It's kinda fun for a single play through, but there just isn't enough content or fun to be had to justify investing much time or money into it. Were it not for the extortionist monetization policy, I would probably have rated MH higher, but at its heart, MH is a shallow cash grab, backed by underwhelming gameplay. How this thing weighs in at 15gb is beyond me, save your bandwidth. Expand
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is a decent game, but the lack of hero customization options, narrow skill trees, and the low difficulty level was too much for me to ignore. I was hoping the game would get better with time and start to require skill, but I couldn't wait any longer. It's too bad, I was really excited to play this game.
  26. Feb 21, 2014
    I am having a blast with this game, its free I chose the Colossus player and he simply destroys everything its so much fin seeing him fly into action and destroy everything on the screen. I have been playing this a lot on Steam, Lots of drops, lots of fun, if you like Diablo Torchlight top down, and Marvel then you need to play this game. I played back when it first went online in 2013 andI am having a blast with this game, its free I chose the Colossus player and he simply destroys everything its so much fin seeing him fly into action and destroy everything on the screen. I have been playing this a lot on Steam, Lots of drops, lots of fun, if you like Diablo Torchlight top down, and Marvel then you need to play this game. I played back when it first went online in 2013 and it was ok, the players you choose from did stink. But now they opened it up and there is like 10 you get to choose from. Of course I had to create a new account but I am enjoying it a lot. If you did play it its worth trying it out again. It is much better and they are constantly updating it and tweaking it. Loads of fun!!! You got nothing to lose its FREE!!!! I took one point off because of lack of customization. I like RPG's where you add a piece of armor and you can visually see your character change. In this game adding better levels of loot/armor only changes your stats. Expand
  27. Jun 14, 2013
    Below average game with lots of annoyances unless you spend big A weak clone of Diablo and Torchlight with a free to play business model that will make you broke.

The vast majority of this game is locked. In order to get more than one starter character you have to spend as much as $20 on a single character. Costumes? Those are even more. I'm not joking, if you want to look like the 1990s cartoon version of Cyclops, that is $15, and they go as high as $20.

To unlock all the playable characters (more are coming, like DLC) you would spend well over $100. To get the costumes, it's hundreds easily.

But that's not where the nickel and diming stop.

Inventory is pathetically small, and costs to expand.
    Cosmic Keys necessary for dailies are over $1
    Respecs cost money
    Unstable Molecules for crafting require money.
    And there is even gambling (fortune cards) for $$$

Combine that with the fact that the game isn't very good, and it's pass.

The story is pathetically terrible. You actually get beaten by a lawyer at one point.

And as far as a diablo clone goes. This one is below average at best. Mediocre boss fights that are mostly just wild spam events because of the number of players, and jumpy game play from the constant internet connection.
  28. Jun 21, 2013
    Marvel Heroes isn't interesting game. One of few good things are that it's free. And that heroes are interesting and have nicely done abilities. And story isn't always so boring. And those are the good things.

Well bad things? Well for start, if you didn't buy any hero pack, you have to pay 10-20 for one hero. Plus another for the costume. So like 40 for Iron Man and 1 of his costume. And who want 's to pay 160 for free game before it's released?

Loot isn't interesting. Level-up-ing abilities are boring. Starting heroes are boring and getting a hero for loot is extremely rare. I go Thing. And haven't got after that. And there's no way to get those in-game money. You have to pay for it or wait for ultra-rare loot. And you're not gonna play for that long. Story is almost always boring. It tries to have Marvel Ultimate Alliance's story but it don't have. Controls aren't so good.

So it's worth trying if you're Marvel fan. It's free game.
  29. Oct 6, 2013
    It's only fun when your playing friends, on your own it's boring as hell and makes you want to cry. However this Marvel game is decent. Oh and it's not that Diablo like.
  30. Sep 4, 2013
    don't let the critic reviews done last June fool you. what started out as a poorly-optimized Diablo-wannabe is now an Action RPG legend in matter of 3 months, thanks to the 1.11 patch. while it is F2P, those who will be hooked to the game will be forced to pay extra for additional storage space, characters (unless one plays endlessly to collect Eternity Splinters), and costumes.

my only

my only concern is that the game is too utopian with gamers usually getting what they want from the programmers, constantly patching up the game for stronger characters. there's no distinction on who's more skilled in playing or build-making, just a bunch of players with cookie-cutter builds per character that kill enemies solely for the sake of rare items.
  31. Aug 5, 2013
    After 350+ hours and 50 dollars spent I'm done. I have a higher end gaming system, play multiple MMOs and have over 200 games on Steam that not share the baffling performance issues that this game has even after "Major performance increases". I drop to 2-3 fps in busier zones constantly making the game unplayable. Their patches add more costumes for sale and heroes on top of a system thatAfter 350+ hours and 50 dollars spent I'm done. I have a higher end gaming system, play multiple MMOs and have over 200 games on Steam that not share the baffling performance issues that this game has even after "Major performance increases". I drop to 2-3 fps in busier zones constantly making the game unplayable. Their patches add more costumes for sale and heroes on top of a system that is completely broken due to the defense mechanic being completely inadequate for any character. Many classes have fundamental issues like low spirit, spirit consumption so their talent builds are forced to invest in them. Itemization is meant to fill holes in these same weaknesses which leaves you with a character that's already half decided for you yet gives you this illusion of "full customization". Spirit the main resource works against in this game because the regen mechanic simply punishes you for using it. You will inevitably run out and use weak and boring basic powers while it slowly refills or if you are lucky enough to play a class that has a strong basic attack you will just spend your spirit on micromanaging boring aspects and rarely spend spirit. Either way that's just a boring play style in a genre that has always prided itself on fast and frantic gameplay.

Leveling is completely boring because the game changes it's idea on how you are supposed to level every week. In the end it's always running the same map over and over, and not really in the same rewarding sense of doing "boss runs" in other games because the itemization is just flat boring. They added a higher tier of gear called "cosmics" but it's simply the same drab gear with 1 skills and a random effect that really only disjoints the character's aesthetics even further by summoning demons randomly or a random damage proc. These are cool, but it doesn't make sense when the game leaves me with a less than adequate way of developing my character for survival or functionality and just adds to this to an already random chance system of progression. The maps are just completely boring and do not have very many encounters and the bosses are generally cannon fodder with unnecessary health pools. In the larger zones there are many enemies and bosses spawning, but the chaos really serves no purpose other than walking around killing things. Even though there are other people around you, everyone is generally unorganized because the goals of the zones are not very clear other "do what you want". I suppose that's enough for an ARPG fan and I'd rather enjoy this, but it's impossible when you simply cannot keep a stable frame rate.

Recently I had to download a patch 3 times. 5 gigs per download because they issued a patch, rolled it back, then repatched it again and forced the client to download all of this. The game is only 12 gigs total, so I spent over 36 hours and 3 days simply downloading before I could even play the game in any shape or form. Not everyone has an amazing internet connection.

The forum community has now devolved into nothing but over-supportive people that trash complaints about all of these things at the mere mention of any type of negativity towards the game or it's developers, so issues that have persisted since the game has launched are still there.

The only saving grace for the game is they switched to a system where you can earn your characters simply by playing... this really doesn't give a free pass for the rest of the game being completely average. This is not the replacement for Diablo 2. This isn't even the replacement for Torchlight II. Path of Exile and even Diablo 3 offer better and less frustrating experiences despite their issues. The sad thing is this game has better ideas and a better foundation, but unfortunately the Marvel license and usage of it to create the games "classes" will only create bottlenecked classes that are glued to very specific ideas and they will also have to operate with the restrictive mechanics the gameplay design has placed on them. The result is just simply disappointing and I hoped for better, but I no longer have the patience to enjoy it and I will never recommend this over other ARPGS for it is barely average.
  32. Jul 16, 2013
    As a person that was thoroughly disappointed with Diablo 3, a game like Marvel Heroes has been an absolute god-send. I've waited a few weeks since launch to write a review for it (giving Gazillion some time to hash out a few bugs), and I can honestly say the rate at which they continue to improve this game earns them a solid 10/10 in my book. It is absolutely worth a try to anyone who isAs a person that was thoroughly disappointed with Diablo 3, a game like Marvel Heroes has been an absolute god-send. I've waited a few weeks since launch to write a review for it (giving Gazillion some time to hash out a few bugs), and I can honestly say the rate at which they continue to improve this game earns them a solid 10/10 in my book. It is absolutely worth a try to anyone who is even remotely a fan of the genre or the Marvel universe. Expand
  33. Jun 5, 2013
    Its a pretty gud game, Can be played casually or anyway u want. It offers a lot of stuff for hardcore players and casual. The game's fairly so it is hard to say how good it is at the moment, But after 50 hours of gameplay so far on early access i believe that the game has potential considering that it has marvel licence for releasing potential heroes into the game. They can add a lot ofIts a pretty gud game, Can be played casually or anyway u want. It offers a lot of stuff for hardcore players and casual. The game's fairly so it is hard to say how good it is at the moment, But after 50 hours of gameplay so far on early access i believe that the game has potential considering that it has marvel licence for releasing potential heroes into the game. They can add a lot of playable heroes for the game. The game's offer a lot of fun. For a free to play game it is definetly worth a try. Expand
  34. Jun 21, 2013
    Summary: If you like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, go play it again; its been years, you'll probably have fun. This game is a very pale shadow of that one and brings nothing new to the table.

This game is a buggy Diablo clone and proud of it. Game creation seems to have followed these steps: Step 1: Make a Diablo-clone engine; skimp on QA; nobody will care if the game just doesn't run or

Step 1: Make a Diablo-clone engine; skimp on QA; nobody will care if the game just doesn't run or you have serious problems, its free-to-play.
    Step 2: Populate it with the story and some of the characters from the 7-year-old Ultimate Alliance game.
    Step 3: Release.

Where are the issues?
    In step 1, they made a decent-looking engine and packaged it with a terrible installer; patching the game has on multiple occasions caused it to stop working, completely aside from the occasional server outages, leading to a frustrating uninstall/redownload/reinstall cycle that Steam users can avoid some but not all of. This points to a lack of a decent QA department; or more likely a lack of paying attention to said department; and/or mediocre programming.

Step 2 is the more frustrating part, however. This game's plot reads very much like the plot of ultimate alliance. In fact: "Doctor Doom has a scheme involving gathering villainous allies and artifacts so that he can have divine levels of power and reshape the world in his own image; a variety of Marvel-universe heroes combine to stop him." is the plot for both games. While Ultimate Alliance took you underwater, to the far reaches of space, to demon hellscapes, cities, and all sorts, Marvel Heroes takes you to.. mostly boring earth cities and wilderness, along with places you already saw in Ultimate Alliance.

If you think I'm making alot of comparisons between the games, there's a good reason;
    Ultimate Alliance let you play as the whole roster for one price, was an action-oriented game you could play offline, local co-op, or online with friends, featured plenty of power customization, various costumes, and even some item collection, had jumping, picking and tossing items, and so forth.
    Marvel Heroes is... a 2D version of ultimate alliance with no initial cost and a much higher eventual one if you want to unlock many heroes. The gameplay is incredibly similar with the only truly noticable difference being the tedious effort of collecting and managing identical-looking pieces of gear; items that don't even impact character appearance but just background stats.

Do not play this game. Do not give these people your time or your money. For the price of the Iron Man and Spiderman unlocks for this game, you can have Ultimate Alliance in one of its many versions shipped to you, and play the same story, on much more interesting locations, with a more diverse cast of characters, still play it with your friends as a team, and not worry about the incompetent programmers at Gazillion.
  35. Jun 13, 2013
    I had such high hopes and was waiting for this game, when it came out and played it for a week to attempt to give it a go...was truly saddened. I pray to god Stan Lee does not ever see this game and is not involed with it in any way. if he is... I lost all faith in comics and died inside.
  36. Jun 27, 2013
    The combat itself is a bit slow and boring. The game feels uninspired and rushed. Defense is broken and melee characters are crushed as a result. I was a huge fan of the game but fixes and patches are slow, and most of the time make the game worse (Limbo Nerf) They (Gazillion) are a nerf company hero after hero is nerfed. If something is viewed as fun, nerf it.

Drive up the cost of

Drive up the cost of heroes and nerf them after you buy them. Boring, old model.
  37. Jul 2, 2015
    This game has improved a lot since its release, but I'm still not a huge fan. It looks an plays like something from a decade ago. Its free to try though. If you're into ARPGs like Diablo or Torchlight it might be worth a try.
  38. Jun 6, 2014
    this game is amazing the dev team is one of the best they are always updating the game, events happen like every weekend and they always do free giveaways ive put over 1000 hours into this game and i still enjoy every min of it i give it a 10/10 great job dev team keep up the good work
  39. May 31, 2014
    After a year I decided the check out the actual status of the game. They did a lot of improvements and the game is fun to play. If they overwork the item handling like stacking etc. will it become a 9/10
  40. Jun 5, 2013
    I REALLY wanted this game to be good because I grew up watching the X-men cartoons and I'm a big fan of ARPGs and MMOs. Unfortunately, after a couple hours, I was extremely disappointed.

Here is how Marvel Heroes works: I run into a room, right click every enemy once (because they all die in 1 hit no matter what they are), pick up my loot, and move on. I know that ARPG games are generally easy at the beginning, but I could play this with my eyes closed. After leveling for a few hours, it didn't get any harder. Bosses are the same except they take more than 1 hit to kill and I might have to use a health kit. No strategy needed, just face tank and right click.

Aside from that, there are tons of little things that just bother me about this game. Gear does not affect your appearance in ANY way and there are hundreds of characters running around that look EXACTLY like me. Throwing wooden crates at an enemy seems to do more damage than shooting them with lightning (wtf?). Many enemies drop "experience orbs" and I just do not understand the purpose of giving players exp in orb form. The Thing's charge ability appears to be broken and he ends up on the other side of enemies instead of charging into them (would make more sense if you saw a video)

Maybe this is one of those games that only gets good towards the end when your character(s) is developed a little more. Sadly, there is not much incentive to play that far for me.

I truly feel sorry for any die-hard Marvel fan that dropped $200 into this game for a founder's pack. It just isn't good.

41. Dec 18, 2013
    Oh dear. Where to start. Lets start with the gameplay. There is none. God is this some uninspired gameplay. Just trash mobs everywhere, absolute bottom of the barrel trash quests with empty, placeholder level design intersperesed with trash cartoon segues. A perfect storm of shyte hoping to capitalize on fanboi'ism. I felt like I was playing a flash browser game. Marvel HeroesOh dear. Where to start. Lets start with the gameplay. There is none. God is this some uninspired gameplay. Just trash mobs everywhere, absolute bottom of the barrel trash quests with empty, placeholder level design intersperesed with trash cartoon segues. A perfect storm of shyte hoping to capitalize on fanboi'ism. I felt like I was playing a flash browser game. Marvel Heroes utterly fails to pull you into it's world. The super powers are all also completely bogus because there's no real choices. You get a bunch of xp points and you just plug them into the few abilities you have that are unlocked. This is the most shallow money grab I've ever seen.

In a nutshell the game has zero soul. A game full of art assets needs to display a little creativity for me to get interested. There is none on offer here. Maybe there is but I absolutely will not slog through this turd of a game to find out. If you are a fan of bland, one dimensional superhero cartoons you might be braindead enough to enjoy this. Have at it! It's all yours.
  42. Jul 28, 2013
    A mediocre arpg filled with super heroes. Since I don't give a flying about super heroes, this is nothing but a mediocre action rpg. I'd rather play DarkSpore.
  43. May 8, 2014
    The love of all things Marvel kept me playing for over 1000+ hours, but eventually they just homogenized every hero into playing like the same cookie-cutter character to expedite pushing out a new character every month (conveniently timed with their respective Marvel movies of course). Because of that move, Hulk didn't feel like he was the strongest one "there is" anymore, and DaredevilThe love of all things Marvel kept me playing for over 1000+ hours, but eventually they just homogenized every hero into playing like the same cookie-cutter character to expedite pushing out a new character every month (conveniently timed with their respective Marvel movies of course). Because of that move, Hulk didn't feel like he was the strongest one "there is" anymore, and Daredevil couldn't dodge anything (they changed dodge from complete evasion to negating 50% of damage). Because of the loss of that individuality, it seems to me that it would alienate anyone who is a fan. But if you can overlook those things and a lack of content, you might have fun. It's free after all! Expand
  44. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is great, very addictive and fun, the gameplay is just so good, the animations, the voice-over, the art, the heroes in special have unique abilities and gameplay, but what i most like about this game is that you don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.
  45. Jun 7, 2013
    Welll what can I say..... This game is a lot like a Diablo type hack and slash game, but reallllly boring. The level design is so bland. The enemies are like attack of the clones, there is very little variation. I almost fell asleep after 1hr of playing. Do yourself a favor and save the 11 gig download for another game.
  46. Jan 20, 2014
    Don't trust a single review of this game that is giving any rates above 8. If you doubt me, just create an account at marvel heroes' forums and check out all the names giving this game a high rate. It's the same fanboybase that is left of that game doing what they are told to by the devs - being told to head to metacritic and give this game a high rate. Just check out gazillions over theDon't trust a single review of this game that is giving any rates above 8. If you doubt me, just create an account at marvel heroes' forums and check out all the names giving this game a high rate. It's the same fanboybase that is left of that game doing what they are told to by the devs - being told to head to metacritic and give this game a high rate. Just check out gazillions over the internet and see the blatant lies they spew all around to try to get this game out of life support. Expand
  47. Jun 21, 2013
    The game is a soulless money milking machine.
    The gameplay sucks, the graphic is outdate. There is no endgame, no itemization. Everything is just a boring grind (15 players Limbo? most supid thing I've ever seen in a game).
    The game is a soulless money milking machine.
    Also, their customer service is rude and careless. Same for the dev, they don't care about the community and are so busy to censor intelligent posts in their forum than to fix the game.

This game is terrible, it is basically a broken alpha and it's going to die very soon. Do yourself a favor and avoid it.
  48. Jun 11, 2013
    Very enjoyable, I purchased the $200 founder pack and find it to be worth every penny. However if you try to play this as just a free to play game it's a terrible game.
  49. Jul 25, 2013
    There is just no way that the people giving this game a 10 are real reviewers, it looks like a lot of fluff made by people paid to write reviews. The first few "10's" I clicked on have only written one review..hmmm. I sense some dirty pool. I confess I played for about an hour and wanted to like it but immediately uninstalled, it was just the same tired ARPG genre well trodden and moreThere is just no way that the people giving this game a 10 are real reviewers, it looks like a lot of fluff made by people paid to write reviews. The first few "10's" I clicked on have only written one review..hmmm. I sense some dirty pool. I confess I played for about an hour and wanted to like it but immediately uninstalled, it was just the same tired ARPG genre well trodden and more well done in games like D3 and torchlight 2. They slapped some marvel universe on the genre, and then charged absolutely ridiculous prices to try and buy more heroes. The initial 'get everything' pack was almost 200 dollars...., to buy all dlc would be $250. For a game that is this completely average that price point just to play with all of the heroes in this "Free to play game" is an absolute slap in the face. I literally still cannot believe they think this trash is worth $250 to anyone. It blows my mind. I saw nothing innovative, nothing new..even the loot and talent systems seemed poorly and generically done. Stay away from this waste of bandwidth to even download the title. The money grubbing aspect of free to play games has reached new heights. Expand
  50. Jun 9, 2013
    It has a solid game play, with different characters giving different play styles, and also different enemies on different level, map variations, but it's shallow because it's was following or trying to be the same with other games that have similar game play. while it's nice to play until you can finish the story, but after that you will just feel flat, repetitive and boring.
  51. Jun 4, 2013
    A game that had a lot of potential, yet it was ruined with a greedy cash shop. You can still have some fun with it, but not for too long with the overpriced heroes($20 for the popular ones), insanely expensive costumes, $6 storage tabs(for a grossly small storage space, with crafting items that purposely don't stack). They even sell hour long XP boosts and item rarity boosts to make sureA game that had a lot of potential, yet it was ruined with a greedy cash shop. You can still have some fun with it, but not for too long with the overpriced heroes($20 for the popular ones), insanely expensive costumes, $6 storage tabs(for a grossly small storage space, with crafting items that purposely don't stack). They even sell hour long XP boosts and item rarity boosts to make sure you have keep paying to keep up. Expand
  52. Jun 12, 2013
    I would have gladly paid $40 for this game if it had a proper single player campaign. The MMO aspect and the insane pricing ($6-$20 for a single character?!?! Are you F'n kidding me?!?!?!) ruin the whole experience for me. I love ARPG's and Marvel so hopefully this will get better with future updates.
  53. Jun 9, 2013
    Fun free to play game to play BUT normally a new game would cost around $60. Nobody wants to pay $250 just to be allowed to play all the characters in the game. And will have to spend more for storage space. I will give 2 points for a fun game and a -8 for most expensive game.
  54. Jun 13, 2013
    I absolutely love this game. The devs have done a fantastic job of rolling out the bug fixes and character balancing changes on a regular basis, and every hero I've tried is fun in it's own way.

This game is made by David Brevik himself (he created Diablo 1 and 2) so it is VERY similar to Diablo 2. If you like Diablo, and you like Marvel, this game is for you. A lot of the criticism I've read so far is people who don't like things that were in Diablo 2, like the terrible grind to 99. The level cap for this game is 60, but it's the type of game that is not about being level 60, it's about finding gear (and new heroes, they are an in game drop too).

The main story is basically the "normal" mode and then they have mission terminals that allow you to replay the dungeons in "nightmare", "hell", or "Inferno" mode basically. They also have one survival challenge type of mission that is by far my favorite. You and 14 other players team up (the system auto groups you so you don't need to find a party) and you fight 7 waves of enemies and then a boss. It's very challenging and very rewarding (tons of exp, loot, and the best boss drops).

There's so much I could say about this game, but I'll leave it at this: If you want an ARPG like Diablo 2 then this game is for you. If you want an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, then this game will not meet your expectations.
  55. Aug 7, 2013
    It's free so give it a try yourself, but i just coudn't get into it. I like ARPGs. The graphics look a bit dated, not as nice as Diablo or POE. I don't like that your gear doesn't change your characters look at all.

Also it's annoying that the gear is so specific to each hero each item only works for a certain hero so if you don't have them unlocked your inventory fills with stuff for others. Just wasn't fun overall... didn't entertain me for very long

Also most of the 10s on metacritic user reviews seem to be faked accounts, and barley in english... whats up with that?
  56. Nov 14, 2013
    I have been a long time supporter of this game since the Beta. I went with the Ultimate Pack to start with which cost me 160 euros in good faith that this game will become great. So far i've spent probably 600 euros on this game, and never really got my money's worth back, because the game has been a rollercoaster since release. I have had some fun times but majority of them have not beenI have been a long time supporter of this game since the Beta. I went with the Ultimate Pack to start with which cost me 160 euros in good faith that this game will become great. So far i've spent probably 600 euros on this game, and never really got my money's worth back, because the game has been a rollercoaster since release. I have had some fun times but majority of them have not been fun. Still, i've kept playing a lot, because i considered myself to be a "True Believer". Unfortunately, i am starting to feel that i have wasted my time by blindly putting my faith on the Developers.

Now, recently i got banned from the forums due to expressing my feelings about current hero tweaks that ruined my favorite class pretty much completely. I am not here to post angry feedback, but i am here to post the feedback that i have been wanting to post for a long time. I just wanted to see if things change in Patch 2.0 as promised, but they did not.

Marvel Heroes 2.0 was supposed to change everything and to be the pinnacle where the game starts to look great. We were promised great things, like fun interactive community events, new content and new hero along with a lot of tweaks and Revamps. Gazillion even went few miles further, and released a surprise first playable VIllain, Loki The god of Mischief. Everyone Rejoiced and loved the character, until today, when gazillion announced their upcoming changes that took everyone by surprise.

However, do not let the patch 2.0 fool you. What it actually means is just a stump of an expansion, that will continue to reveal itself through the next few months through weekly patches. It does not deserve the title 2.0. In fact, this game should still be in beta.

The game is far from being ready to be called Patch 2.0.

Here are a few examples why i think the game is unfinished:

A great carrot to chase was introduced in this patch, these are called legendary items which everyone wants. However, by introducing this, the name of the game changed completely from being boring in to farming for these magnificient pieces of gear.

At the same time, they created a problem, by not finishing this content, which is now considered to be the most important content in the game. The legendary quests can not be done with friends without gimping one's character progression, and they have yet to provide any kind of comments about increasing the incentive to Play this game as a group, which is the main reason dragging my score down.

This game is essentially a single player game that is advertised as MMO and ARPG. It totally fullfills the shoes to be an full-pledged ARPG, but unfortunately all the MMO elements are very lacking.

Secondly, the Dev team is in constant rush of releasing new content, without actually testing it on test server. Some of the content gets tested well, but a lot of the hero changes are slammed in the game totally untested, causing massive uproars amongst the player community. So far they have ruined a few classes by doing this (Namely Black Widow and Loki) and have not even bothered to comment on the matter ever since. All they've done, has been requests for "top 5 improvements" which have yet to date seen any interaction from the Devs. All the players playing those heroes have been holding their breath ever since while hoping for a chance.

When Gazillion thinks something is out of place, they Nerf it hard without asking anyone's feedback, or running it through test center. This unfortunately seems to be a constant trend amongst the Devs who are extremely nice and excel in communication on forums. In a way it pains me to write such an critical review, but it needs to be done. I have spent my time on the forums, attaining very respectable status, and have helped a lot of the players on constant basis, but still, this game fails to impress me. Very often cool features get announced, but when they see the light of the day, they are "Meh" at most. They are very unfinished. Usually you would imagine the developers to actually want to finish their newly created content, but that does not seem to be the case with marvel heroes.

This game is still extremely unfinished, even though it is at 2.0. I have spent 1000 hours playing it so far, and even though i have easily gained my money's worth, i have not really enjoyed the trip. I really want to play this game, but am sometimes overwhelmed by Gazillion's attitude to fix things by taking 1 step forwards and 2 backwards. I am a huge Marvel Fanatic, so this is pretty much the main reason why i keep going back.

These are the main negatives in the game for me, and i am hoping they will improve in near future, before Gazillion loses it's face completely.

The good things:
    A lot of your favorite heroes .
    Devs are very nice, and take feedback in well, but very selectively.
    Beautiful graphics
    Cool Physics
    A lot of gear to collect, but the drop rates are not too good, do not be fooled by the amound of garbage you seem.

~Nukemi
  57. Jun 15, 2013
    The forced multiplayer for the end game, especially if you are playing one of the poorly balanced heroes that can't take down a boss, really hold this game back. I can understand the developers wanting people to play together, but people who want to play alone, and be able to actually take on the red or purple terminals, should be able to with all the heroes. They shouldn't make it harderThe forced multiplayer for the end game, especially if you are playing one of the poorly balanced heroes that can't take down a boss, really hold this game back. I can understand the developers wanting people to play together, but people who want to play alone, and be able to actually take on the red or purple terminals, should be able to with all the heroes. They shouldn't make it harder on the solo player. If grouping is "fun" people who like that will go do it, and the people who want to solo or play maybe with one other person should be able to do that without these ridiculous pumped up bosses at the end, sometimes with powers they shouldn't even have. That ridiculous self heal is horrible game design, or ignored defenses. Pricing of the heroes in the store is really awful too. Expand
  58. Jun 4, 2013
    PoE and grim Dawn are what you want in an arpg imo. I play this. I even bought a pack. 60$ spent and i got 300G. I can buy 2 characters i hate or 1 i like. You do get 1 starter character free. But you can only choose Storm,Thing,Hawkeye, or DD, Oh and Scarlet Witch. 1$=100 G. Spidey is 2000G. The gameplay is ok. The powers and characters are better. They sadly fall into the 3 archtypes,PoE and grim Dawn are what you want in an arpg imo. I play this. I even bought a pack. 60$ spent and i got 300G. I can buy 2 characters i hate or 1 i like. You do get 1 starter character free. But you can only choose Storm,Thing,Hawkeye, or DD, Oh and Scarlet Witch. 1$=100 G. Spidey is 2000G. The gameplay is ok. The powers and characters are better. They sadly fall into the 3 archtypes, Tank,Rdps,Mdps. I play as colossus. I get killed by Pyro's on the regular, and Bullets wear down my armor....Wolvey's Healing Factor isn't close to being right. The Stats on the bio sheets don't even match the Marvel verses. The worst for me is how it seems on any map I am affected by other peoples lag. Even in the Avengers Tower Hub or X-Mansion, It only takes over 20 people to be in there and the game will hang up in these .4 second burst of stutter. It's F2p so if you like arpg's or Marvel you should try it. I'm just going to pretend like they have a LoD type patch/dlc for us later. Expand
  59. Jun 15, 2013
    Shameful, utterly uninspired, generic isometric brawler with Marvel character skins. This is an absolutely terrible game that is blatantly exploiting the Marvel licence to severely gouge its fans. We live in time where gaming has reached a level where this type of shovelware should no longer be able to exist. It takes truly unimaginative people to turn the incredible Marvel universe into this.
  60. Jun 3, 2016
    Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add anPlease add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Please add an edit/delete review button. Thank you. Expand
  61. Jun 8, 2013
    For an honest, accurate and complete review check out the review on Rock, Paper, Shotgun. They were given 10,000 G credits in game and still hated it.

Personally, i would much rather pay $60 for a polished single player game with access to any hero I want, that i can customize anyway I want, rather than this blatant cash grab FTP model. Lots of comparisons to Diablo 2 because one of the devs for that game also worked on MH. However, D2 is the epitome of a loot based, fun adventure game. MH is just boring. I defeated the final boss, Dr. Doom, at level 24. After that you have to do the same daily missions over and over to get to max level. There is no endgame content at all!!! I never had any hero or costume drops from levels 1 to 24. Apparently those dont drop until you are at max level.

Really disappointed in this game. After I defeated Dr. Doom I felt no satisfaction or accomplishment at all. I uninstalled the game after just a few days of boring gameplay.

All of the people claiming that negative reviews of this game are biased just because its FTP are totally missing the point. It's not necessarily the FTP model that i dislike, (although in this case it is a pretty bad FTP model) ITS THE GAME I DISLIKE!!!
  62. Aug 7, 2013
    The game is very good, I've spent 100 hrs on it and I liked the process, but what is more important this game is getting better pretty fast. Developers are doing great job and I give them credit for it.
  63. Jul 19, 2013
    Ignore early reviews of this game. It's not an accurate portrayal of how the game is right now. Was there some issues early on? Definitely. Is it getting better each week? Most definitely. The game is fun and it keeps getting more fun. They have the best communication between developers and fans that I have ever seen. They are all over their forums answering questions (and toughIgnore early reviews of this game. It's not an accurate portrayal of how the game is right now. Was there some issues early on? Definitely. Is it getting better each week? Most definitely. The game is fun and it keeps getting more fun. They have the best communication between developers and fans that I have ever seen. They are all over their forums answering questions (and tough questions that most gaming staffs would ignore). Give this game a chance. It was released too early but it's getting there. Plus, it's free. Expand
  64. Sep 21, 2014
    I recently started playing this game (30 days in, about 100 hours of playtime) so I don't have personal history of what it has gone through, but wow is it underrated. This game is an absolute blast particularly if you like marvel characters. There's lots of content, a full 9 chapter story mode with comic book style cinematics, boss run modes called "terminals", Challenge modes which areI recently started playing this game (30 days in, about 100 hours of playtime) so I don't have personal history of what it has gone through, but wow is it underrated. This game is an absolute blast particularly if you like marvel characters. There's lots of content, a full 9 chapter story mode with comic book style cinematics, boss run modes called "terminals", Challenge modes which are survival waves and an open area with events that spawn every few minutes and random spawning packs mobs, a good handful of hub areas to chill out in, a raid zone, weekly events with special items and bonuses, 2 short story areas, and more coming.

Not to mention 38 heroes (at the time of writing) with more on the way already announced. There are also LOTS of villains to fight and many will soon be playable!

This game plays like an action RPG similar to a Diablo/Torchlight/Titan Quest game, but with marvel heroes and super hero powers.

It's free to play, but there are a lot of micro-transactions. Thankfully, you can get most of the things free using in game currency like new heroes and team ups. The one thing you may end up spending cash on is to increase your storage space. You get on box/page for free plus what your hero and hold and some space for your team up (even if you don't have a team up you can still use their inventory space). But if you play for a while you'll probably end up wanting more to hold all your phat loot :).

Graphics are nice, some of the ability effects are really crazy - great eye candy, while some of the environment are a bit mediocre the new content looks really amazing (Odin's Palace is beautiful). The character voices are amazing - really well done and the concessional interactions with other characters is often hilarios - for example sometimes when Rocket Racoon gets near Iron Man hes says something like "Do you think I could get on of those in my size?" and Cyclops will ask "Staying out of trouble Gambit? Didn't think so." Makes the characters feel more lifelike.

Anyways give it a shot, lots of fun - don't let the old reviews spoil it, this game is amazing.
  65. Oct 7, 2013
    the story's good but so far it's short the difficulty modes that come after the normal one are more challenging though. but, if you hate to grind, then this game ain't the game you seek :P. with the recent updates now everyone can get a hero (if they farm for it ofc without the need to pay real money. may be more entertaining on harder difficulties and with a couple of friends. ithe story's good but so far it's short the difficulty modes that come after the normal one are more challenging though. but, if you hate to grind, then this game ain't the game you seek :P. with the recent updates now everyone can get a hero (if they farm for it ofc without the need to pay real money. may be more entertaining on harder difficulties and with a couple of friends. i repeat, there is a lot of grinding and ,in my opinion, gets dull pretty fast. Expand
  66. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is one big letdown. It was founded by good people, who do excellent work interacting with the community. That said, the game simply is not fun at all. It is an item hunt game with the worst items and item drop rate of any arpg I've every played. If it didnt have the Marvel title and license, it would already be gone.

On top of that, patches come out fast and furious, but

On top of that, patches come out fast and furious, but without being tested...leading to stupid amounts of bugs, numerous small patches meant as fixes that really dont ever fix anything, and tons of download time. Half or more of the characters are completely broken and unplayable at any given time....soon as they fix 1 hero, they break 2 more. If you dont mind lots of bugs, boring gameplay, broken characters, and the worst loot system ever....then by all means play this game.
  67. Nov 13, 2013
    This game is is very meh dumb fun. I was Punisher, walk into a room, fire your gun randomly, everyone dies. The story, I could not care less for, but its funny moments and cinematic that pull it through, just play as a Long-Ranged and its fun, Melee is EXTREMELY boring.
  68. Jun 18, 2014
    Gazillion continues to get shadier. The current tactic is to "re-release" the game in the attempt to get inflated scores. Players who did not like the game have already stopped playing.

They then wiped the negative review scores on the "re-released" entry. It's getting pretty bad.
  69. Apr 21, 2014
    I normally don't bother writing reviews of games, but I had to especially open an exception for this one so there's a chance to warn others about what they are getting into here. Like most of the negative reviews already explain here, there's just too many bad things that outshines what this game does half-decently. The worst of them is their real money store and the way they use it toI normally don't bother writing reviews of games, but I had to especially open an exception for this one so there's a chance to warn others about what they are getting into here. Like most of the negative reviews already explain here, there's just too many bad things that outshines what this game does half-decently. The worst of them is their real money store and the way they use it to quickly get you fooled off your money. Sure, there's "free" stuff if you expect to play hundreds and hundreds of hours of it, which by the time you make into it, you'll already feel forced to buy into their overpriced storages. $20 for a costume? $5 for a single storage tab? $6 for a companion? $15 for a pet? Not in this life. Expand
  70. May 5, 2014
    It's a fun enough ARPG. It doesn't have a lot of content. You'll replay the entire game with each character about 3 times (3 difficulty levels, but the same levels) or do a lot some arena style grinding. _PROs_: It IS free to play. You can unlock other heroes and add sidekicks through in game rewards ('splinters'). Every month or so it seems like they have a free hero code they give out.It's a fun enough ARPG. It doesn't have a lot of content. You'll replay the entire game with each character about 3 times (3 difficulty levels, but the same levels) or do a lot some arena style grinding. _PROs_: It IS free to play. You can unlock other heroes and add sidekicks through in game rewards ('splinters'). Every month or so it seems like they have a free hero code they give out. The game looks nice, and plays well.

The CONS: 1)) You get 1 time splinter gifts to your account, but after that it is a GRIND to get more. An active player (dropping many foes) gets one about every 6-8 minutes. So it takes about 30 hours of gameplay for the 200 splinters to afford the lowest end heroes. More popular heroes cost 400 or 600. You can buy a random hero for 175, which most ppl do, but they are weighed to the low end heroes, and you can get useless duplicates. Really, really frustrating, but the alternative is too expensive.

CON 2)) Almost every hero plays the same. Hawkeye, Storm and Cyclops have strong punch attacks that ppl often use in their skill configs. Everyone has some kind of Charge / rush attack, melee, range attack, buff and DoT (damage over time). It just takes the fun out of playing a new hero, when Cyclops is beating up bad guys with his fists just like Hulk, Thing and Thor. The mobs have the same problem; armored robots, demons and common street punks are just as easy to drop.

Other cons - the dialog is 70's era cheesy, unlike the movies and comics of today. In large fights, it's hard to see past other player's graphic power effects or all the trash loot carpeting the play area. There are tons of collectibles in game that have no use, and there's limited space to put them - UNLESS you want to start spending money on quality of life enhancements to the game. Also, there is no ingame trading, which makes sense for Gazillion because then you wouldn't have to pay for items you could trade for.

So - if you play for a long time, you'll basically be grinding in the same game over and over, trying to get more interesting heroes, deciding whether is worth paying (like so many ppl do) $100's of dollars to unlock vanity stuff like a few costumes, and struggling with a bizarre, awkward crafting system and little storage space.

Game designers absolutely deserve to have a business model that encourages you to pay for stuff you want, and there's a LOT to pay for. And it's expensive. I'd advise you to try the game, but promise yourself not to spend anything until you are sure you want to keep playing for a long time, then maybe give yourself a reward if you still like the game.
  71. Dec 17, 2013
    I am one of those players who tried Marvel Heroes at launch and wrote it off pretty quickly as a poor Diablo clone coupled to a money-grabbing 'freemium' scheme.

However, I was seeing a little more buzz about it recently, nearly six months after its launch. I was resistant to even looking at what had changed, but got a code for $25 of in-game currency through a PC hardware promotion. I figured I would give it a shot since I would be able to play with more than the terrible 'starter' heroes.

Imagine my surprise to find that the game has gotten tremendous polish, and even those starter heroes were fun to run around with. The game as it exists now provides much more fun than I had even with Diablo III. THIS is the game that should have launched, but I think it needed the scrutiny of a few thousand active users to get to this point.

Loot is plentiful and, surprisingly, fun. Ever want to give Iron Man a grappling hook, or have Hulk summon demons to help him smash things up? You can do that. How about an item that lets Spider-Man shoot fireballs, or one that makes enemies flee in fear at the destruction wrought by the Punisher? It's in there. This is on top of the usual white/green/blue/purple/yellow/orange loot that Diablo and Torchlight players have come to know and love.

There is a system is in place to allow players to earn new heroes (rather than pay real money for them) and I was skeptical about how well that would work. But the required items (Eternity Splinters) drop very regularly as long as you are fighting enemies, and the game goes out of its way to point them out to you when they drop. Granted, you have to put in a bit of time to earn enough (around 30-40 hours for the cheaper heroes) but it's better than the horrible random token system they had in place at launch.

Gameplay has also been adjusted, and you actually feel like a super hero when playing. There are moments where I wish I was recording the game when playing as Iron Man, firing missiles, repulsor blasts and his trademark Unibeam at waves of oncoming Hydra soldiers or Hand ninjas. The terminal missions which pit you against hordes of upgraded goons, named unique enemies, and bosses is an absolute blast.

So if you, like me, wrote this game off as a poor attempt to cash in on the Marvel license, give it another shot. At launch, I would have given the game a 4 at best. As it stands today, it's a solid 8, teetering on a 9. It was an absolute joy to see how it had matured.
  72. Jun 4, 2013
    £64 for a dlc with only 4 characters and 8 skins? I don't like the fact that everyone was running around as the same characters and found gameplay to be bland it got very repetitive very fast. I won't be picking this game up again. Disappointing as i wanted it to be so much more.
  73. May 19, 2014
    Gets boring fast, new heroes are kinda OP to get money fast and so on. Developers who seem friendly if you praise them on the forums but turn against you no matter what if you slightly judge them. Keep away. Money trap
  74. Sep 17, 2013
    yet again metacritic reviews are its downfall, the game has gone from strength to strength and now has multiple play throughs, extra missions and new characters, the game is constantly updating and gets better with every new patch, so far i have played over 500 hours and still have not found it boring, with the ability to collect shards which can then be used to unlock new characters,yet again metacritic reviews are its downfall, the game has gone from strength to strength and now has multiple play throughs, extra missions and new characters, the game is constantly updating and gets better with every new patch, so far i have played over 500 hours and still have not found it boring, with the ability to collect shards which can then be used to unlock new characters, cosmic items, specials etc.

you don't have to be a marvel fan to love this game and the fact its 100% free too boot rates it 10/10, the only costs involved are if you don't want to work to unlock additional characters otherwise its a great F2P.
  75. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is a slightly above average game. With a lot of characters to choose from (most for a small price or as a rare drop in game), the game tries to do too much as a fresh title. It stays true to the creators roots by providing a pretty good game if you are into 'grinding' for rewards and offers quite a bit of uniqueness to characters and builds. However, the game is not polishedThis game is a slightly above average game. With a lot of characters to choose from (most for a small price or as a rare drop in game), the game tries to do too much as a fresh title. It stays true to the creators roots by providing a pretty good game if you are into 'grinding' for rewards and offers quite a bit of uniqueness to characters and builds. However, the game is not polished and is missing many core things that players are accustomed to via games that play similar. There are many bugs and balancing issues that can (and probably will) leave players of certain characters at a loss when large changes go through. The current endgame after story mode is a bit lack luster and seems to be in need of refining before too many Marvel fans grow tired of it. Expand
  76. Jun 21, 2013
    This slightly lower than average ARPG is murdered by its roots in MMO and F2P. Characters are absurdly expensive or rare, so you'll be stuck with your starting hero which is just like everybody else's. The other MMO failure is that quests aren't done by you, they're done by other people. Fights are just a boring clickfest because damage is shared between the 40 odd Hawkeyes and ThingsThis slightly lower than average ARPG is murdered by its roots in MMO and F2P. Characters are absurdly expensive or rare, so you'll be stuck with your starting hero which is just like everybody else's. The other MMO failure is that quests aren't done by you, they're done by other people. Fights are just a boring clickfest because damage is shared between the 40 odd Hawkeyes and Things next to you. And no, there is no single player remedy.
    I suppose the only upside is that it's free, so that when you figure out how boring and lifeless this game is, you won't have wasted anything other than the 11gb download.
  77. Jul 21, 2013
    Marvel Heroes had a lot of bugs and problems at launch, but has recently had a lot of major patches that really fixed a lot of the troubles it previously had. The early reviews are therefore not accurate towards how the game is now, and it is a lot more polished, more fun, and more balanced then it was at launch.

It is a lot of fun to play an ARPG with your favorite Marvel characters,

It is a lot of fun to play an ARPG with your favorite Marvel characters, and it totally adds up for any Marvel fan out there. There is loads of content, and new content is planned and being worked on as we speak, so that's also coming out in the near future.

It still has some issues, but these are all being worked on by a fantastic crew, so they are probably gonna get sorted out real soon.
  78. Aug 22, 2013
    The actual gameplay is fun until you get to the end game grind, then you get to fight with not having enough storage space and having to hope you get something rare to drop. Even if you ignore everything but the heroes, it still comes out to be a very expensive game.
  79. Apr 2, 2014
    Superior ARPG now, yes it was released too soon, but has changed drastically since release, if they fix some annoying (not game breaking) bugs it would be a 10.
    9 good starter heroes now, check it out! Doctor Strange is the latest hero as of this review, and new Team Up heroes come out this week, great time to retry, or explore it for the first time.
    More game modes and large world now
    More game modes and large world now and more in the works.
    Next 3 heroes coming this year: Invisible Woman, Psylocke, and Mr. Fantastic.
  80. Jan 12, 2014
    Yet another mouse spamming game with too much effects, no trading and no challenge. They even added a PvP feature but that's also retarded. Also hero unlocks take weeks or you have to pay ridiculous amount of money. Stay away.
  81. Jun 4, 2013
    Really fun arpg. If you like marvel comics you should try this game. It needs somework in endgame, but its too soon to evaluate that.
    Every heroe plays quite diferent and the open maps with event its a nice change in this kind of games.
  82. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is pathetic. Heroes are unbalanced, and the skill tree is awful. Not to mention it's riddled with bugs, and the most disappointing thing about this game is the fact that I was looking forward to it. Why anyone would spend 200$ on this is beyond me. I feel sorry for those that did, and hope they contact suicide prevention services immediately.
  83. Jul 26, 2013
    Time to open your wallets people, because this free to play game rivals Neverwinter as one of the most expensive in the history of gaming. To get 4 characters you'll be stumping up a massive £65.00. Yes that is £65.00 for a tiny subset of characters. Don't even thing about buying everything as you'll not be eating for a month if you do.

On top of that, once you've paid you'll find

On top of that, once you've paid you'll find yourself playing something more akin to a facebook game.

Really, just don't bother. Grab yourself a copy of Torchlight II and have loads more fun for less.
  84. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is still evolving and growing, and yes it does have its warts. But Gaz by and large listens to its playerbase and bottom line is MH is a blast to play. Gaz is working on many improvements to the game and what can anyone be out? Its F2P for petes sake. While the game is soloable this game really shines when you play with others. I have the feeling a lot of negative reviews comeThis game is still evolving and growing, and yes it does have its warts. But Gaz by and large listens to its playerbase and bottom line is MH is a blast to play. Gaz is working on many improvements to the game and what can anyone be out? Its F2P for petes sake. While the game is soloable this game really shines when you play with others. I have the feeling a lot of negative reviews come from people that do not group up a lot, or belong to an active supergroup. Expand
  85. Jun 4, 2014
    A very sleazy, greedy, cynical cash grab based around the exploitation of popular fandoms of the various Marvel comics characters. Combat is shallow. Level design is uninspired and boring. The mmo aspects are more a hindrance than a benefit. Loot doesn't change appearance so each piece is simply a set of numbers, and part of the fun of loot hunting is lost. The cash shop is greedy, andA very sleazy, greedy, cynical cash grab based around the exploitation of popular fandoms of the various Marvel comics characters. Combat is shallow. Level design is uninspired and boring. The mmo aspects are more a hindrance than a benefit. Loot doesn't change appearance so each piece is simply a set of numbers, and part of the fun of loot hunting is lost. The cash shop is greedy, and cynical. Gazillion is sleazy and underhanded in their manipulation of their fanbase.

Gazillion's developer Doomsaw even went so far as to request "honest reviews" from the fanbase to up their score. A fanbase that had been groomed to only the most sycophantic, and aggressively defensive players through stealth moderation, and selective enforcement of their own terms of service/forum rules. Which is why a game that previously had a 58 rating suddenly had an influx of perfect ten scores.

If you are banned from the forums, they also ban your game account, preventing you from playing. Forum moderation is selective, ignoring behavior of the more staunch supporters and apologists (who are viciously antagonistic), while all but marking a critical user for death. When one is banned, all access is denied. and the user is ignored. There is no appealing, there isn't even an explanation or notification that you have been banned. If you defend yourself or others from fanboys, and attack them with the same level of vitriol in which they attack others, you WILL be banned.

The game's campaign can be completed in a single day. All that is left is grinding.
  86. Jun 4, 2013
    I have been playing this game for just over 3 months now in closed beta and I must say that it is a blast to play. If you liked Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends and Diablo, then you will probably like this game. All the heroes are fun to use and, for the most part, combat is exciting and fast paced. The combat is pretty smooth and the abilities have nice particle effects. TheI have been playing this game for just over 3 months now in closed beta and I must say that it is a blast to play. If you liked Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Legends and Diablo, then you will probably like this game. All the heroes are fun to use and, for the most part, combat is exciting and fast paced. The combat is pretty smooth and the abilities have nice particle effects. The loot is pretty good and the itemization is much better than D3 at launch and they are in the process of implementing new loot in the near future. This is a F2P game, so expect to spend money if you want a specific hero or costume right now... but all that content drops for free in game if you are lucky.

In conclusion, this is a F2P game that will be changing and improving as time goes on. If you love the Marvel license and Diablo, give it a shot... you have nothing to lose, but hours and hours of time due to addictino.
  87. Dec 11, 2013
    Excellent Game if you like Diablo style games.
    Marvel Heroes is the Marvel MMO that you have been waiting for! Play as Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America and many more as they team up to try and stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube.
  88. Jun 17, 2013
    I cant believe it worse than Diablo 2.
    Lets talk about what was good :
    Variety of Heroes. Simple hack and slash, easy to play and learn. The Bad : - Bad Graphic (the entire art direction and quality is very low. not attractive) - Too few skill for each heroes - Kinder-garden Itemization - Multiplayer design is not-logical and frustrated to play with. - Pay to have Fun Exotic
    I cant believe it worse than Diablo 2.
    Lets talk about what was good :
    Variety of Heroes. Simple hack and slash, easy to play and learn.

The Bad :
    - Too few skill for each heroes
    - Kinder-garden Itemization
    - Multiplayer design is not-logical and frustrated to play with.
    - Pay to have Fun Exotic heroes USD20/heroes, pay to access to craft )
    (they told you everything for sell is available as a loot, but we knew it wont drop so easily)
    - Pay to Win Money can buy huge advantage and time saving features )
    - Not even Half the D2 content.
  89. Jun 5, 2013
    I've been playing this game since closed beta and have been having a blast!

I've been playing this game since closed beta and have been having a blast!

I'm a huge fan of the ARPG genre and this game by far has everything I ever wanted in an ARPG. It has a huge open public world where you fight along side other players making the game even more dynamic. The game right now consist of 21 heroes (5 more will be released soon) that is more "classes" than any of the other ARPGs that has come out in recent years combined; giving this game an insane amount of replay value. Brevik mentions that their goal is to add new heroes hopefully at the pace of LoL, and they will continue to improve the game with constant updates for years to come.

Also, the endgame has a lot of potential right now even in its infancy you start out with daily missions and working your way up to group missions which are normally called "raids" in other mmo's. I'm looking forward to seeing what Brevik and company will come out with in the future.

Everything that I've written about is just the tip of the iceberg and not to mention this game is f2p! You can't beat that. So what are you waiting for? If you're an ARPG fan like I am I am pretty sure you'll find some kind of enjoyment out of this game. And even if your're not into ARPGs, it doesn't hurt to give this game a go. All it takes is a little bit of your time and you'll never know; you might be surprise on how good it is.
  90. Oct 14, 2013
    On its own, its an above average-to-good gaming experience, especially if you appreciate the Marvel lore. One has to wonder if Gazillion has a balancing nightmare on their hands, with so many heroes (and future heroes, due to the monetization system) that each have their own playing characteristics and iterations of re-balancing, along with mob re-balancing, that Gazillion is faced with aOn its own, its an above average-to-good gaming experience, especially if you appreciate the Marvel lore. One has to wonder if Gazillion has a balancing nightmare on their hands, with so many heroes (and future heroes, due to the monetization system) that each have their own playing characteristics and iterations of re-balancing, along with mob re-balancing, that Gazillion is faced with a perpetual "wack-a-mole" situation. With that in mind, I understand that making and balancing games is hard, especially one built on the premise of playing a large number of Marvel heroes. As a fan, we'll just have to be understanding and roll with the punches until a happy medium can be found. The trade off is that we get to experience an ARPG with a variety of playing styles, more so than any other ARPG that the market provides.

In a way it reminds me of the old City of Heroes: for all its perceived flaws and balancing issues, it was an incredibly fun game to play for the variety of experiences it offered. The challenge for Gazillion is to keep adding more player experiences beyond the obvious "try a new hero" method. The starting story mode with its production value was pleasing, and I hope more of this kind of thing is added in the future.

If offers a lot for free.
  91. Jun 5, 2013
    Diablo-style gameplay with less strategic depth and added Marvel franchise. The experience is pleasant but not amazing. Probably the most frustrating aspects come from the monetization approach, with overpriced unlocks, some amount of nuisance unlocks (inventory space for example), and random exceptionally rare character drops during normal play. If you want to play a specific hero,Diablo-style gameplay with less strategic depth and added Marvel franchise. The experience is pleasant but not amazing. Probably the most frustrating aspects come from the monetization approach, with overpriced unlocks, some amount of nuisance unlocks (inventory space for example), and random exceptionally rare character drops during normal play. If you want to play a specific hero, you will absolutely have to pay for it (and pay a lot, one character can run up to 20$ for just that one), and it is possible to grind for days only to have the exact same character dropped twice in a row. This also means that any hope of playing as a 'collector' (getting one of each) is lost unless you just agree to pay for all of them, which once again ties back to the overpriced individual character unlocks.

End result all right base game, but hampered hard by greed.
  92. Jun 12, 2013
    This game was a total let down. I bought the supposed Premium pack with all the unlocked characters but got nothing. Response from support was the site is still in development. Would like my back at this point in time.
  93. Jun 6, 2013
    Marvel Heroes is too early come out. That is the first thing you need to know. Good thing is that this game has potential. But overall is fun. They need lot of work on content, end game, pvp and balance.

Really like animation, music, action and overall gameplay. But dislike maps and that you can not change your visual character but only with costume. And cash shop is too expensive for me. Spiderman 20 is too much if you ask me.
  94. Jan 15, 2014
    First off I want to mention that I played this game and beta and played for a good 120 hrs after it released. At launch this game was pretty rough i won't lie. The system for obtaining new heroes left a lot to be desired if you didn't want to P2W. I came back to this game in late November and have not been able to put it down since and this considering I own both next gen systems this isFirst off I want to mention that I played this game and beta and played for a good 120 hrs after it released. At launch this game was pretty rough i won't lie. The system for obtaining new heroes left a lot to be desired if you didn't want to P2W. I came back to this game in late November and have not been able to put it down since and this considering I own both next gen systems this is really saying something. Since I stopped playing in August they have added, Emma Frost, Squirrel Girl, Luke Cage, Human Torch, Loki, and Ghost Rider as playable Heroes with Nightcrawler dropping at the end of this month. The biggest difference with the game now is that they have a system in place where you can earn any hero you want for free with in game loot called eternity splinters. No longer do you have to hope and pray for a hero token to drop as loot and then be disappointed by getting someone you didn't want in the first place. It is possible to play as every hero in the game without every spending a single penny. With the big 2.0 update they also added an entire new chapter to the story which takes place in Asgard and features the addition of legendary items you can buy with loot called odin marks. These legendary items provide amazing buffs for whatever hero you put them on and the artifact actually levels its stats as you your character does. They also now have several very cool end game modes such as green and red terminal daily missions which are basically boss levels from the story, a very addicting survival mode called X-Defense, and a PVP arena called Fire and Ice. Since returning to the game I have logged another 150 hrs into it and have not regretted a second of it. The only items you really have to pay for with money are costumes (which are completely aesthetic) and additional storage space called STASH tabs. There is still a chance for extra costumes to drop as loot in the game but it is very very rare, last I heard it was a half of 1% chance. You can also obtain a handful of costumes from opening fortune cards but overall costumes seem to be the way that Gazillion make their money and keep the lights on. I spent $40 on the game only because I felt the devs deserved it for doing a complete 180 with this game and correcting just about everything that was wrong in the first place. As I stated before you absolutely don't have to spend any money on this game to enjoy it, and it is in no way pay 2 win. The development team is also very active on the official forums on their website and really do listen to the community as a number of costumes requested by the players have made it into the game. Lastly there is a slew of amazing content on the way this year as they plan to add at least 12 new playable characters (including villians), an all new raid mode, and an X-men inspired Danger Room. If you haven't played this game yet or left the game after its rough launch do yourself a favor and download it again being a F2P game you have absolutely nothing to lose. If your a fan of Marvel you will fall in love with this title. Expand
  95. Jun 10, 2013
    If this game had launched with anything but marvel in its title. everything about it would have been trashed. That being said, the only redeeming features of the game are its playable characters (almost all of which are buried beneath an insane cash shop) and the stylized comic cutscenes.

Outside of that, you have a poor mans diablo which costs nearly 300% more to unlock the basic features of the same game.
  96. Jul 4, 2013
    I played the game for about 3 hours and then promptly uninstalled and deleted it from my computer. It's not bad but it's not good either. in the end you can tell it's just one more cash grab in an ocean of games. I knew what to expect from this game going in though I didn't have that high of expectations for it. If it wasn't for the fact it had Marvel heroes in the game nobody would beI played the game for about 3 hours and then promptly uninstalled and deleted it from my computer. It's not bad but it's not good either. in the end you can tell it's just one more cash grab in an ocean of games. I knew what to expect from this game going in though I didn't have that high of expectations for it. If it wasn't for the fact it had Marvel heroes in the game nobody would be wasting their time with this game. For me it was just plain boring I was actually forcing myself to keep going in the hopes it got interesting but it didn't. Expand
  97. Nov 12, 2013
    This game is the best ARPG I've played. While it initially had a rough launch, they constantly update, reiterate, and add in more story, characters, levels, bonuses and loot. The game is incredibly fun, fast, exciting, and addicting. While I wish people would go back and rereview games (all multiplayer games once they come out over a period of time), that sadly isn't the culture inThis game is the best ARPG I've played. While it initially had a rough launch, they constantly update, reiterate, and add in more story, characters, levels, bonuses and loot. The game is incredibly fun, fast, exciting, and addicting. While I wish people would go back and rereview games (all multiplayer games once they come out over a period of time), that sadly isn't the culture in which the "gaming journalism" is in. Regardless, it's free, they changed the starter heroes to an amazing roster, you can play completely free and only pay for costumes if you want (or they drop as well so you don't really need to pay). and see you in game! Expand
  98. Jun 10, 2013
    This game is awesome, great characters roster, good graphics and special effect, the only arpg with mmo component, i play it with some friends and we enjoy it so mutch.
  99. Jun 18, 2013
    Dont be fooled by the Free to Play. Treat it more as a demo before you start purchasing to have a more fulfilling game. The storage will be a problem once you have the 3 free characters as they all share the same storage and inventory. Certain items are not made unstackable either just to eat up this storage space.

Storyline is not much and you will feel disconnected from it as it is

Storyline is not much and you will feel disconnected from it as it is just a sequence of comics which is the same for everyone and all heroes.

Good clean graphics but really sub par by today standards in both graphics and features. Surely play it if you are a marvel fan
  100. Jul 20, 2013
    The game had some starting issues but now it's improving at lightspeed, with very fast paced patches and incredible communication between the devs and the community.

1. games(TM)
    Jul 28, 2013
    There's the hollow shell of a game. [Issue#137, p.116]
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Under-delivers on the promise of the licence. A middling action-RPG that you’d have to be a Marvel fan to love.
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    At the end of the day, though, these few good points don’t make up for the flaws with what should be the most important elements of a game like this - the combat and the loot grind - and an overall lack of polish. Being free to play, you don’t lose out on anything but 15 odd gigabytes of your data cap if you want to give Marvel Heroes a go, but with that said, it’s hard to recommend this game over the other free to play lootfests that are around.