7.6

1. Jun 22, 2012
    What an awesome game. With a story that quickly immerses you, I'm proud to admit that Max Payne 3 is an excellent addition to the series. With an onslaught of horribly disappointing sequels over the last year, it was refreshing to play a game that isn't afraid to try something new with it's mechanics while NOT selling out it's loyal fanbase with a streamlined shell of it's predecessors.What an awesome game. With a story that quickly immerses you, I'm proud to admit that Max Payne 3 is an excellent addition to the series. With an onslaught of horribly disappointing sequels over the last year, it was refreshing to play a game that isn't afraid to try something new with it's mechanics while NOT selling out it's loyal fanbase with a streamlined shell of it's predecessors. Well done Rockstar : ) Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2012
    Single player is a great ride, and so long as you dont mind the long chatty cutscenes you will have a great time with this. The gunplay is solid, the shots have a real punch to them. Arcade modes to enhance the single player experience once the story ends are nice additions but hardly must play stuff. The multiplayer is really a surprise, it is great fun, has a COD like levelling systemSingle player is a great ride, and so long as you dont mind the long chatty cutscenes you will have a great time with this. The gunplay is solid, the shots have a real punch to them. Arcade modes to enhance the single player experience once the story ends are nice additions but hardly must play stuff. The multiplayer is really a surprise, it is great fun, has a COD like levelling system and many varied game modes with team play being rewarded well. However, if your in Australia (like me) youll find you can never find a server that doesnt give you at least a 300ms lag delay. This destroys the multiplayer for me, i often feel cheated by some of the deaths i recieve playing. this rating will be a nine or ten if rockstar can fix it so we can chose regions for multiplayer. However this is still certainly the most impressive game ive played thus far this year Expand
  3. Oct 20, 2012
    I had issues with the DVD, which meant I couldn't play for 2 months whilst that got sorted out, but it was a fun game while it lasted, but it felt a bit short. The graphics was pretty decent, and the story was engaging, but for such a short game, a bit of user-guided selection to the plot would have been nice. That way you could play it through again with a different approach and get a bitI had issues with the DVD, which meant I couldn't play for 2 months whilst that got sorted out, but it was a fun game while it lasted, but it felt a bit short. The graphics was pretty decent, and the story was engaging, but for such a short game, a bit of user-guided selection to the plot would have been nice. That way you could play it through again with a different approach and get a bit more gametime for your money.
    On harder difficulty there is a good challenge, and that's always nice for a second run-through. There were a few environmental issues like line-of-sight and walking through objects that would have been nice to clean up before release, but it didn't ruin the game completely.
  4. Nov 25, 2012
    Max Payne 3 have pretty big shoes to fill and the games manages to get it right in some areas while it falls flat in others. The action in the game is pretty damn good. They have changed it from the old formula by adding cover-based shooting to the mix which makes the gameplay a little bit slower than it was in the previous games. The old health-system is thankfully still intact and evenMax Payne 3 have pretty big shoes to fill and the games manages to get it right in some areas while it falls flat in others. The action in the game is pretty damn good. They have changed it from the old formula by adding cover-based shooting to the mix which makes the gameplay a little bit slower than it was in the previous games. The old health-system is thankfully still intact and even though the action is a bit slower than it was earlier it never feels like its entirely based around covers. The old jump and gun action is still there and it works and looks great and i personally have no problems with the addition of the cover-system. One problems that i have is that the slightly left/right behind camera angel feels awkward and you often get the feeling that Max have clear view of the target while you dont. Story-wise the game follows in the footsteps of its predecessor and is pretty great. The old visual-novel style story telling is gone and the story feels less self-aware of its own silliness than in the previous Max Payne games. That doesnt change that the story and narrative by Max is pretty damn good and i wholeheartedly
    enjoyed it. The biggest flaw of Max Payne 3 though is the cutscenes. The problem is not that they look bad, the problem is that they wont stay away. I have no problem with a shooter being linear but in this game the narrative takes total control over every action you make and it feels like you are only allowed to play the shooting parts since the games is worried that you might screw up and make it look bad. In the first hour of the game there were probably more cutscenes or "gameplay" in cutscenes than there was real gameplay. Thankfully it gets a little bit better later in the game but its still always there. In some areas it gets totally absurd when you arent allowed to control the sniper-movement the few second between the shootings. It totally kills the immersion and you are left wondering why cant i do that. Why arent i allowed to do all the cool stuff that happens in the cutscenes? It feels cheap and it really hurts the
    game. The worst part of it is that it makes the game feel like its following a formula. Cutscene-->Shootout in a small area--> Cutscene and so on. I still had a good time with the 10 hourish campaign though and i would still recommend playing this game for all fans of action games or old Payne-fans. I wouldn't recommend paying 40 bucks for it though.
  5. Jul 29, 2012
    I found the gameplay much more advanced and easily adaptable..Rockstar games never seem to disappoint us...great graphics..only thing i found lacking was the absence of our original max payne, with his black leather jacket, washed in the rain, always hiding behind the shadows..original poets of the fall theme was fantastic..this time, i loved the final score called tears..it really got myI found the gameplay much more advanced and easily adaptable..Rockstar games never seem to disappoint us...great graphics..only thing i found lacking was the absence of our original max payne, with his black leather jacket, washed in the rain, always hiding behind the shadows..original poets of the fall theme was fantastic..this time, i loved the final score called tears..it really got my adrenaline pumping to play the final chapter in style..overall it was fun Expand
  6. Jul 29, 2012
    Max Payne 3 is an odd beast. It may be just what some fans wanted, but it may be hard to like for new-comers. At times its mechanics come together to make a pretty good action game, and at other times, they collapse on themselves. The story mode is about a broken, alcoholic, painkiller addict with an irresistible urge to kill bad guys. It's not pretty, and certainly never happy, and theMax Payne 3 is an odd beast. It may be just what some fans wanted, but it may be hard to like for new-comers. At times its mechanics come together to make a pretty good action game, and at other times, they collapse on themselves. The story mode is about a broken, alcoholic, painkiller addict with an irresistible urge to kill bad guys. It's not pretty, and certainly never happy, and the writing does well to deliver an engrossing tone which is very well supported by the good voice acting. Meanwhile, the presentation is stylistic, and the graphics are quite nice. You'll find yourself in various environments which display the graphics engine's staying power, but not much in visual flair or varying colors. The levels just look like the places they're supposed to be, no unique art style or tone; you've been to these places in other games, making Max Payne 3 overall a bit bland to look at. On the PC, the additional settings available are very welcome, including DX11 support and an actual counter to tell you how much VRAM you're using. Its Rockstar's GTA IV engine essentially, so you'll see the aging this time around like low poly edges, less roundness in the environments, and not-the-best facial animation. Additionally, watch out for the install size which nears about 25GB of space.
    Throughout the game, you'll be treated to extensive cutscenes that merge pretty seamlessly into gameplay. Unfortunately, extended play will reveal that these cutscenes seem overdone: Max's monologues, though well-written and voiced, are consistently pessimistic, sarcastic, and just self-defacing, all the time. Max hates himself, and is fully aware of the terrible situations he's in, which is fine until he decides to tell you about how crappy things are over and over again. It's gets annoying, often I found myself wishing he'd have something else to say, like something more creative than another sarcastic line about how these rich people were terrible or how crappy the situation was. The next things to get irritated were my eyes. The game does 2 stylistic things in its presentation: words from the dialogue pop up on-screen and the screen often wigs out of focus or has TV lines obscuring part of it. This makes the game look unique, sure, but they irritate my eyes. The screen falling out of focus and such so often was not comfortable to watch, and as much as it could be selling the hung-over old dog in an overstimulating world experience, it becomes too much for tolerance. Then there are the words that pop up: they tend to be emphasized words in the dialogue and they pop up for no discernible reason, there really isn't any gameplay significance at all and unless you're dying to see what gets pointed out next, it's a pointless novelty. At least the music is okay, but nothing that really caught my ear.
    Basically, the game goes cutscene -> linear cover-based shooting level -> cutscene, and there isn''t much deviation from the pattern. As a game, Max Payne 3 still has the trademark Bullet-time mechanic that's essentially a limited (be refillable via killing and waiting) supply of player-triggered slow-motion. You also have the shoot-dodge jump which slows down time as Max dives in a chosen direction, but stops abruptly once he runs into something, leaving him to awkwardly take his time to stand back up. As opposed to other 3rd person shooters, there is no regenerating health in the single player, so you need to rely on consumable painkillers which will not heal you 100%. If you're shot fatally with a painkiller in your inventory, you'll go on a Last Stand sort of slow-motion event where you can kill the guy who shot you to live. It's nice to have seeing as how easily you'll get shot from people out of nowhere. You can't take many hits to begin with, and enemy AI is often aggressive and flanking. You'll need to take cover to survive. This is where Max Payne doesn't feel like Max Payne. You WILL need to take cover, lest you die. And you'll often be using bullet-time to peek out of cover just land a shot without getting hit, instead of diving or running-and-gunning, as you would expect of this franchise. Do anything else, and you'll probably die. This game is pretty strict and doesn't allow much for creativity. Enemies spawn in unfair places, and the slow-mo final kill cams can be misleading when you walk a few steps and find yourself in another encounter with no cover. No cover traversal means you'll get shot trying to get to cover, which is extra annoying with the unusual controls, and Max's own lumbering but well-animated movements. Sprinting is slow, and Max stands up completely after a roll before moving again. The Rockstar atypical single-white-dot aiming reticule makes a return, and at times can be indiscernible in the scenery, thou
  7. Jul 29, 2012
    The gameplay is old fashioned arcade style, and therefore often starts a level from cutscene of you literally running into the fight guns blazing. This doesn't allow for the same old strategies most fps gamers have accustomed to, and therefore has caused a great deal of butthurt amongst youngsters who feel they should be allowed to pick what weapon he has out and get to enter the room onThe gameplay is old fashioned arcade style, and therefore often starts a level from cutscene of you literally running into the fight guns blazing. This doesn't allow for the same old strategies most fps gamers have accustomed to, and therefore has caused a great deal of butthurt amongst youngsters who feel they should be allowed to pick what weapon he has out and get to enter the room on their own accord.
    The whole novelty of this game is that some of the game plays style actually predates the first Max Payne game, while using truly up to date graphics and a remarkably cutting edge game engine.Plus some modern touches like the cover system.
    There isn't much re-play value and the multi-player system is rather weak, but if you have the Hardware to play this at it's full graphical glory then I highly recommend it. Also there are some audio issues if you try to use spdif to dts surround I believe due to dx9 audio. So if your computer is integrated into your home stereo system that way, then set it for stereo instead of surround or use headphones (it sounded great through my akg701s). Be sure to check graphic card compatibility and such before you buy the game and to download the latest drivers, because I've read some reviews where people with the wrong hardware where having hissy fits. For example a mac user duel booting into windows... that review was hilarious
  8. Feb 28, 2013
    Being a Rockstar game, it feels very much like GTA in terms of combat, which did get slightly repetitive, but was still great fun, the story was very well developed, my only problem with it is that some cutscenes take a little too long and some of them shouldn't have been there and should have given you control. The soundtrack was amazing, and the graphics were great, even if I couldn'tBeing a Rockstar game, it feels very much like GTA in terms of combat, which did get slightly repetitive, but was still great fun, the story was very well developed, my only problem with it is that some cutscenes take a little too long and some of them shouldn't have been there and should have given you control. The soundtrack was amazing, and the graphics were great, even if I couldn't max out settings due to my average graphics card. Expand
  9. Aug 16, 2012
    Good game, well optimised for PCs. Graphics is nice and the game keeps you busy. The story is trustworthy.

Gameplay is a bit weak. All you are asked to do is cover-slowmotion-shoot and all over again. The shooting itself became boring after two or three chapters. The story kept me in the game until the end.
  10. Aug 23, 2012
    If your looking to buy Max Payne 3 there is a simple question you must ask yourself. Have you played Max Payne 1 or 2? If you have expect to be disappointed. The plot in this game is dumbed down compared to both of them and while the game may still be "gritty" its completely lost its film noir feel. The chapters which take place in New York after the one explaining Max's departure are outIf your looking to buy Max Payne 3 there is a simple question you must ask yourself. Have you played Max Payne 1 or 2? If you have expect to be disappointed. The plot in this game is dumbed down compared to both of them and while the game may still be "gritty" its completely lost its film noir feel. The chapters which take place in New York after the one explaining Max's departure are out of the blue and don't have the desired effect at all. Would be better if the leaving town back story was covered entirely early on. Or if they had added some more meaning to it somehow. In those places less shooting actually would have been more. I would say that is the key problem to the game. It just doesn't have the same impact and isn't meaningful the way the first two were.
    That being said the game is visually beautiful. The chapters that take place in the sao paulo slums feel both organic and active. Great chapter design. The raid was very well done. I am not a big fan of duck and cover either but it is an effective mechanic and adds some strategy in places. I also like when you hit a hard spot after a few attempts extra painkillers show up when you re-load. The action sequences are quite fun. They could have been a bit more creative making bosses rather than just giving them helmets that bounce the first umpteen bullets. Also the subplot about Max's alcoholism could have been played up more then it was. Like in Max Payne 2 in the dream sequences the controls got all sloppy and it really screwed with you. They could have done the same thing with booze for a chapter or two. All and all this is a good but slightly disappointing game. Being a big fan of the first two titles I felt slightly let down. HOWEVER if you are going into this game having never played the other two you will find this a great game and a very enjoyable play experience. If this game was a new franchise and not a sequel it would be getting rave reviews and have earned them.
  11. Jul 19, 2013
    Great game with a good plot and fun action. You get to play an "a far bald American hero" with a drinking addiction who is capable of taking out an entire army single-handed. Of course the game is not realistic but it's really-really fun to play. Note that they added some interesting mechanics: when you are about to die, if you have a spare "pain killer" you get an attempt to shoot yourGreat game with a good plot and fun action. You get to play an "a far bald American hero" with a drinking addiction who is capable of taking out an entire army single-handed. Of course the game is not realistic but it's really-really fun to play. Note that they added some interesting mechanics: when you are about to die, if you have a spare "pain killer" you get an attempt to shoot your killer in bullet time. If you do, you get waste the pain killer for "another life" and continue fighting.

Oh, and it has optimized DX11 graphics, althought my GPU did overheat at first (solved by using MSI afterburner to set fans on max and reducing GPU core frequency, but thats my GPU's problem). Got the game on steam, beat the game on hard in 3-4 days, had a very good time, I recommend you do the same.

I've read some negative reviews, i would like to respond to a few of them.

- Long loading times?
    + Buy a new pc and throw your wooden garbage out. I have a core i7 2600k with a single sata HDD and GTX 570 gpu. This is clearly not a new or high-end computer. Load times take no more than 5 seconds.

- Cut-scenes can't be skipped?
    +Yes they can. There is an indicator telling you which button to press. But the cutscenes are good and an integral part of the game, so why skip them in the first place?

- Bullet time makes the game too easy?
    + Play it on hard or don't use bullet time.

- Nearly impossible to aim.
    + Actually too easy. Except when you are using laser sight (for some reason be it bug or feature it gives you extra recoil). Try playing counter-strike.
  12. Sep 5, 2012
    This game is pretty satisfactory overall with a few flaws here an there, but if you liked the previous MP games you'll like this as well. To start off, the damn game is about 26 gigs, which is bigger than GW2! Secondly, you will need a pretty damn good computer to run it, I am using a Geforce 670 SLI and it runs perfectly smooth. If you have the space and good enough card, this is a uniqueThis game is pretty satisfactory overall with a few flaws here an there, but if you liked the previous MP games you'll like this as well. To start off, the damn game is about 26 gigs, which is bigger than GW2! Secondly, you will need a pretty damn good computer to run it, I am using a Geforce 670 SLI and it runs perfectly smooth. If you have the space and good enough card, this is a unique shooter in that it allows you of course to slow down the scene and carefully plan shots. This makes for a lot of fun, but to be honest, after about 6-7 hours the game seems to get a bit repetitive. Max Payne 3 will only take you 9-10 hours tops on normal, and maybe a little longer on harder difficulties. I will admit right now there are 5 difficulties and the hardcore and old school are no joke. Overall I still don't understand why this game is so big in file size, the graphics do look nice but not 26 GB nice. This game really is a personal preference, hit or miss for people. Expand
  13. Nov 24, 2012
    This game is good enough. What I liked - the graphics, the diversity of levels, cool character personalities. I completed the game, so I guess the story is good enough. What I didn't like - shooting enemies in bullet time got kinda old a long time ago. Also there are no more cool comics and the atmosphere is not quite like it was in MP1 and MP2. And playing as the old Max is somewhat sad,This game is good enough. What I liked - the graphics, the diversity of levels, cool character personalities. I completed the game, so I guess the story is good enough. What I didn't like - shooting enemies in bullet time got kinda old a long time ago. Also there are no more cool comics and the atmosphere is not quite like it was in MP1 and MP2. And playing as the old Max is somewhat sad, though he is still a badass. His old face is kind of... disturbing. Yeah, and the image of numerous exit wounds on your character's back and especially on his ass is questionable. Sure, realism is not to be expected in this game, but it's like your character is running without a head. Expand
  14. Sep 24, 2012
    [+]Positive Points.
    The game is awesome.
    The story was awesome I enjoyed it.
    Good Graphics.
    Nice gameplay mechanics.
    [-]Negative Points To many cut scenes.
    There are a few bugs in the PC version.
  15. Jul 20, 2013
    This is a hard game to review and mainly because gameplay wise its nothing new to the series which some may look at as good or bad. In the end, you realize that you're just going into different rooms and shooting guys in slow motion through pretty much the whole game. There is some on rails parts that change things up ever so slightly but we've pretty much all been there and done that.This is a hard game to review and mainly because gameplay wise its nothing new to the series which some may look at as good or bad. In the end, you realize that you're just going into different rooms and shooting guys in slow motion through pretty much the whole game. There is some on rails parts that change things up ever so slightly but we've pretty much all been there and done that. If I were to judge the game just on all that, it would probably be 4/10. The thing is, the game got its hooks in me and I couldn't stop playing until I finished the game. Everything else about the game is just fantastic.

While I played and very much enjoyed the previous games, Max really became just a badass in this game. His inner dialogue has always been good but this time around it was great. He's funny, dark, serious, realistic, and just a badass that made for the perfect character to follow on this journey. Bald, bearded, beatup, older Max is a character you want to watch. Hes not your typical good guy but in an odd way hes very relatable.

Also, the story and the way its pieced together was done very well. While it was almost a little predictable in some aspects, you still want to see whats waiting for you next. While linear, R* has done a good job at not making you feel trapped in a straight line. The story and characters have a way of making you wish the game could last forever while driving you to see how it ends.

The graphics, sound, music, and attention to detail are just flawless and make you wish every game had the same. The veins in characters arm and the texture of skin and clothes is some of the best I've ever seen. The locations seem very realistic and are extremely detailed in a way that only a few companies like R* could do. While the gameplay is very much the same from the older games, you can really tell that a lot of love was put into every other aspect of the game. I played the multiplayer for a few hours and while its nothing to write home about, its fun and offers some new elements to multiplayer shooters.

In the end, don't play this game because you want an in depth shooter with long lasting multiplayer, play it because you want an awesome experience in gaming following one of the saddest and yet most badass characters ever made.
  16. Dec 1, 2013
    Max Payne 3 is a great shooter with a respectable story, with enjoyable characters, and well done cutscenes that meld into the gameplay (which are your loading screens as well). However the game is absurdly difficult due to fantastic ai and you having the same hp as them(until later levels where they get body armor making them stronger then you) and that you can get one shotted in the headMax Payne 3 is a great shooter with a respectable story, with enjoyable characters, and well done cutscenes that meld into the gameplay (which are your loading screens as well). However the game is absurdly difficult due to fantastic ai and you having the same hp as them(until later levels where they get body armor making them stronger then you) and that you can get one shotted in the head or by shotguns. You too frequently have to spam bullet time (which dries out too fast considering how reliant on it you are) and rely on quite a bit of luck to get through later levels. A lot of these probablems could be fixed if you were given grenades, friendly npcs, or better map layouts to aid you in fight but no, prepare to be bogged down by 5-8 guys who can one shot you in a heartbeat breaking up the awesome gunfights unfortunately. As for the multiplayer it shows massive potential but also is bogged down by horrendous balance issues and a lack of dedicated servers, the unbalance gameplay is has mostly to do with duel pistols which can outgun most weapons at most ranges and body armor does little negate dmg from them even though they slow you down. It's sad that Rockstar abandon what could've been a very addicting online teamfights. All in all a great game when you get a flow going, but can be frustrating at times but worth the buy for it's price when it drops on its frequent sales. Expand
  17. Apr 26, 2013
    10/10 best game I've ever played --cutscenes are worth watching, gameplay is consistently impressive and the graphics are near perfect for a game which runs at high frame rates with low processing requirements.
  18. Apr 17, 2013
    great game!! i'm italian and when the enemies speak portoguese, me and max seem the same man!! thanks Rockstar!!
    After i finished this game, my next destination is Brasil!
  19. Jan 15, 2013
    It's a good game, visually awesome, but too short and overrated. It's very linear, you only end up shooting and shooting all the time... could have been much better, overall it felt really short.
  20. Feb 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The gameplay feels just as good as MaxPayne 1 and 2 but there is one thing that destroyed the game. MaxPayne is too stupid. He is always drunk and surrender to anyone with a gun in the cutscenes even thou you could do 30 headshots before they have time to blink using bullet time. Expand
  21. Sep 27, 2013
    max payne 3 is one of the best third person shooters i ever played. it has a great campaign and also a good multiplayer. the games graphics are amazing and textures look really good. the games story is really good!! its interesting and deep. the storytelling and writing are amazing and the writing is maybe the best ive seen! the music is also great and setts the mood. the gameplay ismax payne 3 is one of the best third person shooters i ever played. it has a great campaign and also a good multiplayer. the games graphics are amazing and textures look really good. the games story is really good!! its interesting and deep. the storytelling and writing are amazing and the writing is maybe the best ive seen! the music is also great and setts the mood. the gameplay is really good and guns feel great. the mission that take place in the past are also good. the animatins for max, like how he holds the guns are really good and convincing. the game does have a lot of long cutscenes, which may annoy some people, but personally i really liked them and it gave the game a cinematic feel. bulletime is also really fun and makes this game distinct. bulletime also never gets old and jumpig and shooting in slow-mo is really cool. the games multiplayer is also pretty good. while it doesnt innovate in a lot of ways, its still pretty good. the game has a lot of maps, guns and avatar customization. using slow mo in multiplayer is also really awesome and cool!!!
    overall this is a great game if your looking for a third person shooter!! buy it
  22. Jan 11, 2014
    Max Payne 3

One of the best TPS games i've ever played. His wife and daughter's gone and became a killer contracter in Brazil, San Paulo. He find himself trapped between the vast culture of American - Brazillian. Unable to understand their language and things turning bad on him. Pros: 1. Good story plot and twist. Intense action. 2. Controls that feels smooth. 3. Great
    Max Payne 3

One of the best TPS games i've ever played.

Pros:
    1. Good story plot and twist. Intense action.
    2. Controls that feels smooth.
    3. Great performance (on PC) and doesn't feel like a poor console port. Frame rate is generally better than other titles from the same game developer studio (e.g. GTA IV).

Cons:
    1. Playthrough is too short, 5 hours for me on medium difficulty.
    2. Sometimes, cover is too unlimited. Ubsurd spawn of enemies near staircase and areas with cover. Tests a lot on stealth and agility.
    3. Extremely huge file size for a single game, probably due to the large amount of cutscenes (Don't get me wrong, the cutscenes looks amazing).
  23. May 2, 2013
    With its mature story and intense shooting, Max Payne makes for one of the best single player experiences from this generation, with up to 10 hours of visual entertainment, accompanied by clever storytelling and one of the best voice acting in gaming history. The multiplayer is also one of Rockstar's finest, offering a nice array of customizable options with pretty standard gamemodes, butWith its mature story and intense shooting, Max Payne makes for one of the best single player experiences from this generation, with up to 10 hours of visual entertainment, accompanied by clever storytelling and one of the best voice acting in gaming history. The multiplayer is also one of Rockstar's finest, offering a nice array of customizable options with pretty standard gamemodes, but the bursts and bullettime work so well that, after a few matches of getting used to, you will enjoy every stylish and simply awesome kill you'll pull off online. Expand
  24. Mar 17, 2013
    I've seen this movie already it's called Man on Fire. Yes, the un-skippable cut scenes definitely kill the replay value of this movie, err, I mean game. Technically, you may skip the cut scenes when they are finished loading, but that can take a long ass time depending on your hardware, and usually you're merely loading another cut scene. Max's monologue gets very redundant as well. I'mI've seen this movie already it's called Man on Fire. Yes, the un-skippable cut scenes definitely kill the replay value of this movie, err, I mean game. Technically, you may skip the cut scenes when they are finished loading, but that can take a long ass time depending on your hardware, and usually you're merely loading another cut scene. Max's monologue gets very redundant as well. I'm pissed that I have to log into Social Club to play. But still, the plot is good (for a videogame). The environment looks great and is highly detailed. The gun play is very satisfying and the gratuitous, slow motion violence makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. This game is really is a mixed bag, but if you're remotely interested in putting bloody holes in peoples faces close up and in slow-mo then I'd say pick it up if it's on sale. I want to rate it a 6 but I'm a whore for violence so I'll add another point. Expand
  25. Mar 24, 2013
    Max Payne the third is a mixed bag. Firstly you have to say that they have tried to rejuvenate the series taking it to new settings whilst continuing Max's story and there have been, once again, tweaks to the bullet time controls and some core gameplay mechanics, Overall you can see what they have tried to do but honestly it doesn't work when compared to the first two. The Good, TheMax Payne the third is a mixed bag. Firstly you have to say that they have tried to rejuvenate the series taking it to new settings whilst continuing Max's story and there have been, once again, tweaks to the bullet time controls and some core gameplay mechanics, Overall you can see what they have tried to do but honestly it doesn't work when compared to the first two. The Good, The shooting, that their is, when it works is still sublime, the pin point precision of the bullet mechanics is visceral and satisfying, additionally the story that is told is not one so much of plot but of the continued journey of max payne and as it is, it is entertaining to watch the man transform and get the preverbial kicked out of him in the favelas of southern America. you realise that he is a very human character and as we go through the story we are constantly receiving his thoughts and musings which make us like him more and more.

The bad,

Well well well, some where along the line Rockstar forgot how to make games, the game is broken in many places, apart from the fact that it is rather consoleified (sadly its better played through a gamepad now) their are large sections where control of max is arrested from you as the story is played and then suddenly you are expected to be ready to play instantly after minutes of twiddleing your thumbs. add to this the graphical issues with corouption and other gameplay glitches causing broken movement and deaths it don't stack up well.

Bottom line:

MP3 is a fine game for those who want to continue the series and story of this character but control issues and directorial decisions regarding the pace and type of gameplay result in it feeling clunky and it is broken in areas, if you just want a bullet time shooter go pick up the vastly superior max payne 1 or 2.
  26. Apr 16, 2013
    Beautiful story, great shooting mechanics, amazing visuals, good soundtrack, on the other hand cover mechanics could be simplified, could introduce some vehicles... All in all, the single player is equally as awesome as multiplayer, really excited to see the crews transiting into GTA V and other titles. Perfect shooter.
  27. Mar 27, 2013
    This is a brilliant game, I loved the graphics, the game play was smooth and the cinematics was awesome. I would have given it a 10/10 if my game play time was more than 11 hours though.
  28. Apr 29, 2013
    Not sure where all the bad reviews come from, maybe people expected something different. The plot is decent the mechanics are good, body physics is great. I bought it due to 3d vision support and it was great experience, really enjoyed the 'shooting gallery, cutscene, shooting gallery, cutscene". there is absolutely nothing wrong with it for me, although I'm not oging to replay it forNot sure where all the bad reviews come from, maybe people expected something different. The plot is decent the mechanics are good, body physics is great. I bought it due to 3d vision support and it was great experience, really enjoyed the 'shooting gallery, cutscene, shooting gallery, cutscene". there is absolutely nothing wrong with it for me, although I'm not oging to replay it for every achievement possible. Expand
  29. May 21, 2013
    one of the best games ive played. took a while getting used to but once i did i couldn't stop. love max payne the character, intense missions, great storyline
  30. Mar 31, 2014
    Over the top blatantly stupid and hilarious. Pure fun.
    Now - to get this straight - this game isn't for anybody and especially the first hour is painful because there is pretty much nothing but cutscenes. And this pretty much sets the tone for the rest of the game.
    Where's the fun in it? The game is basically a satire of Man on Fire (plotwise) with an over the top **** up Max Payne
    Over the top blatantly stupid and hilarious. Pure fun.

Where's the fun in it?
    The game is basically a satire of Man on Fire (plotwise) with an over the top **** up Max Payne talking nothing but garbage and how miserable everything is. This all however in a voice that makes it seem like they were being serious.
    While the game's self-awareness might be subtle at first glance it becomes pretty clear the more you progress in the game constantly getting close ups of you being killed, enemies being killed and exponentially raising the body count.

This however is a lot different to the atmosphere of the first 2 installments of Max Payne - but those were different times and afaic it would have felt outdated if they sticked with it.
    Instead we get a satiric approach to the action game genre with the main focus on story telling.

Now to the bad parts:
    Last shot feature often **** up and you hang in there for 15 seconds waiting until you can finally hit continue
    Shooting from cover sometimes **** up
    Quite a few times you get thrown into enemies shooting at you literally half a second after the cutscene is finished and you not being in cover.

Personal Overall score: 93%
  31. Jun 21, 2013
    This Max Payne series is one of the best series and this Game is only epic.
    This has very good Graphics, awesome Gameplay and one of the best stories ever.
    The brazilian settings are perfect.
    But the Multiplayer has much hackers and this is sh*t.
    But the Arcade Mode is a good idea and good implemented.
  32. Sep 1, 2013
    Before I played it I was a bit worried since it isn't made by Remedy, but having played it I'm not disappointed. It's even more like the previous ones than I had hoped. The story is just as dark. I can't think of a major negative thing about it. Sure there are some small ones like the loading that sometimes can't be skipped and some part being unnecessary hard, but all in all it's a masterpiece.
  33. May 23, 2013
    Developers Rockstar changed the face of "Max", his style, and thus left virtually untouched mechanics. It is possible that fans of the game still will not be accepted. Like, as much as possible our bald Max yes, but with a beard, but still at a resort surrounded by Latinos! But face it Max Payne behind the numbers "one" and "two" came out so long ago that there are now very few peopleDevelopers Rockstar changed the face of "Max", his style, and thus left virtually untouched mechanics. It is possible that fans of the game still will not be accepted. Like, as much as possible our bald Max yes, but with a beard, but still at a resort surrounded by Latinos! But face it Max Payne behind the numbers "one" and "two" came out so long ago that there are now very few people care about, in what clothes walked hero and what there was an atmosphere. Now it is important that the new "Max", despite the delay in the release, we got a great shooter bloody, tense, scary fun, albeit a very old-fashioned. And those who are confused by a departure from the canons can assume that the third part of the ideological is not related to the previous ones. In a sense it is. Expand
  34. May 30, 2013
    Entertaining shooting game with great combat system story is abit weard it should have been at new york or something Not quite as good as Max payne 1 &2 at the time but still a decent shooting game
  35. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    The last chapter of one of the most epic trilogies in the entire history of videogames and a huge comeback. I have nothing more to say but a huge THANK YOU to Rockstar Games for this game, a truly perfect ending for the Max Payne story arc.
    Also, intriguing scenarios and beards.
  36. Feb 20, 2014
    Max Payne is back and he is pissed. If you are looking for the good old Max Payne experience this is the game. Shoot your way through hundreds of enemies, while in bullet time! It is a cool game if you are looking for this kind of action. But don't expect it to bring fresh things into the genre.
  37. Jul 21, 2013
    One of the best games I've played in a while. The narrative is one of the best in any game I've played and I understand that for the younger audience, a public that will always be desperately pressing some button to cut the cutscenes every time they begin, the game will be very frustrating indeed. The game does it's loading times during some of the unskippable cutscenes, that according toOne of the best games I've played in a while. The narrative is one of the best in any game I've played and I understand that for the younger audience, a public that will always be desperately pressing some button to cut the cutscenes every time they begin, the game will be very frustrating indeed. The game does it's loading times during some of the unskippable cutscenes, that according to some, constitute the majority of game time, which isn't true, but anyway, next time Rockstar will have learned it's better to leave a black loading screen instead.
    But if you are not a part of that group of people them I highly recommend this game. The game's a very, very challenging shooter, that requires you to really be accurate in your decisions and with your aiming. You can't rush in, you got to use cover very well and the "bullet time" needs to be wisely utilized. The game has a nice story with some interesting characters and although the gameplay in itself is repetitive, the situations Max Payne has to go through always present a new challenge. He has to face snipers, has to deal with new, has to deal with some armored thugs that seem to be invulnerable and keep getting hit with seemingly no effect, there are parts where Max will be inside a boat or inside a helicopter and will have to be deadly accurate to shoot missiles and granades being thrown at his vehicle.
    There is a really large variety of settings where the game takes place. There is a nightclub, an airport, inside a favela which is an amazing part of the game to me, rich in detail and very accurate to the real thing although always a bit secluded, there are no true open areas. Rockstar really did something different from it's usual here, but the previous Max Payne games were also like that, it's not a game where you'll explore the scenery, it's a straight-forward shooter.
    The voice acting for Max Payne is as great as ever, but I'd say this time it's even better. Max Payne has many, many memorable quotes. The games soundtrack is a great one as well, there are some songs that will stick to your mind, besides the theme song ever present in the Max Payne franchise.
    I really like mature-themed games and games with a realistic presentation, although Max Payne is far from being realistic, it's main character and story is believable, if you care to include the amount of foes a single man can kill by himself as only a gameplay tool to make it a game and not a movie with a few shooting scenes.
    The fact that the game of The Walking Dead got such a great approval from the public and the way some of the recent games like Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 have been produced, as far as voice acting, story, theme and challenge, I'm very optimistic about the video games actually maturing, going away from the strictly nerdy audience and become recognized as a type of entertainment as respected as movies are, that they aren't something that only people with no life do, showing some qualities that will be recognized and appealing to a lot of people, of all ages.
  38. Jan 6, 2014
    Clearly a good follower of the series.
    Rockstar did a good job with this game.
    Max's voice is present, as well as interior monologue.
    Locations great, furious action, slow motion much better implemented. And last but not least, great optimization.
    Also there are several locations that will delight the nostalgic
  39. Jul 26, 2013
    Good game, Great story true to the heritage. I enjoyed playing it, the shooting was classic, graphics great, story very interesting glimpse into the social strata of brazil and its criminal underbelly. It uses what made the original great and adds a depth to the character that shakes off the bad comic book feel of the first 2.
  40. May 11, 2014
    Nine years. That’s long it took for Max Payne to get his **** together and return to the stage. Our beloved action hero might have aged, grew some white hair and wrinkles but his moves remained sharp and polished. He is still the killing machine who once extinguished half New-York’s underworld for his loved ones.

MORE ON: http://proncons.22web.org This time around we find Max in the

MORE ON: http://proncons.22web.org

This time around we find Max in the sunny Brazil instead of the snowy streets of the Big Apple. It’s a nice, but sometimes strange change of scenery. He’s working for the Bronco family as their bodyguard, but as usually things turn upside down pretty quickly around him. The narrative is a masterpiece. We jump in time back and forth as the story unfolds, because hey, guess what even our hero doesn’t know everything. A dark plot is growing around him and he has to act on his instincts to keep himself and the others alive while he slowly findis out his part in the grand scheme. It’s a really well written story with major turns and very effective scenes and if there’s one thing that topples that it’s Max’s script. James McCaffrey brings the best to make us feel that we are playing an interactive story. His lines are funny, witty and sad in the same time, but we don’t have much time to stop and think about it because the next shootout will surely interrupt our thoughts.

Yes, the gunplay occupies the major part of the game. It’s very cinematic. The master of the bullet time returns and he has some new tricks up in his sleeves. It’s a superb mechanic that works very well in most cases. As for usual, our health doesn’t regenerate so we have to pop up some painkiller bottles every now and then to ease the pain. What is a minor letdown that – and in this matter the game still resonates with its predecessors – there is really only one way how to handle things. Kill them, shoot them, burn them, explode them. You can’t take any silent routes there as enemies will almost instantly see you if you get out of cover. As a matter of fact, the AI is so super aware that enemies will know where you are and how to flank you even if you switch cover and they weren’t looking at the time. This is what makes the game very frustrating sometimes. It’s simply too difficult even on normal settings and there’s really no room for error or you’re dead. Add that to the fact that it will take around 3-4 bullets to take you down and you’ve got a very tough game. The devs probably acknowledged this fact in the late stage of the production as it seems they tried to put some lifelines for the players. For starters there is a more than forgiving checkpoint system. After almost all of the rooms you’ve cleared you get a checkpoint. Also there is this lifeline when you fail a couple of times in the same place and the game gives you a pill, like saying “hey, we know it’s difficult, try with this!”

The game looks absolutely astonishing. Emphasis was put on every detail, every little object. Most of the characters look real-like mostly Max Payne. Every wrinkle on his face has a story behind it. Every cut scene is in-game which makes the story even more believable. To be honest you’ll see one in every five minutes or so. For some it could be too much, but it develops the story in a unique way.

Even tough the gameplay can get repetitive towards the end – after all what you only do in the 10-12 hours of the SP campaign is kill an army of enemies – this is one of the best third person shooters in recent years. Max moves and shoots like he did in his thirties and past events has only made him more badass. He’s became hands down one of the greatest action heroes without super powers in gaming from the last decade. Well, he might have a super power after all; I guess his luck really never runs out.

Time to beat: 12 hours
    Replay Value: 2/5
    In one word: Badass
    On P’n’C scale: Instant Favorite
    Must give points: 83

MORE ON: http://proncons.22web.org
  41. Aug 21, 2013
    This is one of the 25 best games I've ever played. The best action I've ever seen in a third person shooter. The story is great, Max Payne is probably the best video game character ever. The score makes everything more badass and epic. And the multiplayer gets you take part of some gang action.
    If you liked the other Max Payne games, or any other Rockstar game, you'll love this!!
  42. Aug 26, 2013
    Good game that doesn't reach it's predecessors but still an enjoyable experience. Wish they would cut down on the non-stop cut-scenes. Also max payne going bald and thw hole setting... meh.
  43. Sep 11, 2013
    Best TPS ever. Best optimised for PC ever. Very great multiplayer. Excellent graphics. And the best continuation of Max Payne as much as possible. Well done Rockstar!
  44. Oct 27, 2013
    I don't really know why people are hating on this game, it's way better then let's say COD which sucks donkeys, the gameplay is fun and very nice, the graphics are just beautiful (Maxed out settings), the story is exciting, bullet time is just epic, the only thing i don't like about this game is terribly long unstoppable cut scenes. I actually never played Max Payne before, and i'm veryI don't really know why people are hating on this game, it's way better then let's say COD which sucks donkeys, the gameplay is fun and very nice, the graphics are just beautiful (Maxed out settings), the story is exciting, bullet time is just epic, the only thing i don't like about this game is terribly long unstoppable cut scenes. I actually never played Max Payne before, and i'm very excited for the next game. Expand
  45. Nov 8, 2013
    Rockstar really did his job with this...the game is just like the precedent titles I mean awesome...An wonderful gameplay and story.The graphics are cool and the title comes with a lot of new stuff and improvements and with the first max payne multiplayer.
  46. Nov 10, 2013
    Why do they say: "it's not Max Payne", "it's not the game but the movie", "it's boring"? Just why?
    It IS Max Payne like the previous parts, we have an angry gringo dealing with the whole army of enemies and not dying after infinite shots on him. We have our favourite PayneKillers, our Favourite Bullet Time, our favourite dismal hero who likes to comment his every step. And it is great, don't you think?
    Yes, it IS like a movie. And what about two previous parts? Especially MP2 was similar to a good film every time I played it. So now instead graphic novels we have cinematographic cut scenes which make all the game being like a movie and this movie is much more interesting than plenty of real movies. And it is interactive. It is just an evolution of previous parts, and it is well done. What's wrong with it? If you want just to shoot, go play Counter-Strike. Besides, I can play and replay MP and MP2 without any attention to the story: I can just skip novels and go on killing bastards. Here I at least know what was all this about.
    And now, if we're speaking about the story... Is it really boring? Or maybe previous plots were so amazing that if they are made as books their author will definitely win the Nobel Prize for them? No. If you think MP3 has the dull scenario just give up your grumbling and make a descent one.
    Oh, the gameplay, of course. Don't you think it is greatly improved? We have much more realistic weapons (and more of them, at last). An interesting and useful "last chance" mode. Max even started to use covers (awesome improvement) and enemies even have slim rudiments of AI. Add here a well done multi-player with many game types. Is it really so bad as you speak about it?..
  47. Sep 9, 2014
    I love this game. Not only is Max the grizzliest, most metaphorical detective to grace the gaming world, but his third game is amazing. Gunplay - fantastic; the tightest third person shooter I've probably ever played. Plot - gripping; seamless transition from gameplay to cutscenes, and a well-thought out political drama which Rockstar pulled off in the weirdest setting - Sao Paulo, Brazil.I love this game. Not only is Max the grizzliest, most metaphorical detective to grace the gaming world, but his third game is amazing. Gunplay - fantastic; the tightest third person shooter I've probably ever played. Plot - gripping; seamless transition from gameplay to cutscenes, and a well-thought out political drama which Rockstar pulled off in the weirdest setting - Sao Paulo, Brazil.

You have to play this on PC to get the full experience - 60fps and max settings make this a gorgeous, slick, and smooth as **** ride to get through. Seriously, I didn't even care about the complete linearity of the game, because I wanted to stay on the beaten track so much.

James McCaffrey nails it once again as Max Payne. 9.4/10.
  48. Dec 23, 2013
    In my opinion May Payne 3 was the best computer game in this genre. Because the graphics was very good (it was released in 01. Juni 2012) and the game play too. I liked the location in brazil a lot. Rock on!

9/ 10 because you can skip the cut szenes.
  49. Dec 3, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creoEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el arco argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  50. Mar 30, 2014
    The best Third Person Shooter i've ever played. It was kinda hard to complete some parts of the game but thse story, graphics and controls are just awesome! I really recommend this game (Even if you haven't played other "Max Payne" games.
  51. Mar 10, 2014
    Loved it, nice action, nice graphics, story is good, it's like a movie, forget about been super realistic, it's more like a novel, loved it. Also as a multilingual person, I loved how Portuguese sounded through the whole game, much like Elite Squad, Spanish was ok, but that gave the game an extra touch of immersion. Very nice game, totally recommending it.
  52. Oct 31, 2014
    It a very good game, but not the same fun as GTA series. I did not even finish it, it started to become boring. Maybe I just love to drive a car like in GTA :)
  53. Mar 19, 2014
    Very nice and moody graphics. But not the graphics is, what I'm rating. MP3 is a movie, but you have to press buttons and click your mouse to proceed. Looks like there's lot of work put in this product, but what's the most important, what made previous Max Paine great game is disappointing.
    Yes, I regret spending 7€ on this piece of software.
    Go get some of previous versions of this game
    Yes, I regret spending 7€ on this piece of software.
    Go get some of previous versions of this game and have some fun.
  54. Sep 21, 2014
    For the second time, I played through several chapters and saved, shut the game down, and came back later only to find that much of my progress had been wiped out. Again: I didn't go back to a specific chapter and I allowed the game to save as you are supposed to. I don't "have read-only enabled" or any other stupid **** I just played the game as intended, and lost half my progress.For the second time, I played through several chapters and saved, shut the game down, and came back later only to find that much of my progress had been wiped out. Again: I didn't go back to a specific chapter and I allowed the game to save as you are supposed to. I don't "have read-only enabled" or any other stupid **** I just played the game as intended, and lost half my progress.

**** Rockstar for **** all over the PC versions of their games. This will be the last Rockstar title that I buy.
  55. Apr 14, 2014
    This game is pretty godamn good. The best thing is that it's like modern games but it stays true to the series. The shooting is solid and also the cover system. The Bullet Time is cooler than ever but the **** annoying video affects shouldn't be in the game even if they wanted to show that Max is in hangover. This game is very good and you should buy it.
  56. Aug 12, 2014
    Great graphics, story, and gameplay. I would normally give this game an 8 out of 10, but giving it a 10 to offset stupid reviews that give it a 0 just because it wasn't a game you assumed it was. A 0 should only be given to a game that is completely unplayable, aka it doesn't run at all and you couldn't play a single minute of the game.

Game has excellent action and storyline. Has a

Game has excellent action and storyline. Has a lot of cut scenes and a lot of action. Very enjoyable.
  57. May 27, 2014
    Egyszerűen remek játék volt. Történet persze ismerős lehet de a játék dinamikája és a hangulata oda szegez a géphez és nem enged... A fő szereplőt a lehető legjobban találták el, azonosulni pedig 1-2 ember biztos fog (köztük én is) majd vele. A zenék pedig zseniálisak itt ott noir de ez miért lenne baj... Remélem lesz Max Payne 4 is...
  58. Jun 6, 2014
    I really miss the old style 'noir' in previous games, but without affecting nostalgia, is a quite acceptable sequel and a very good shooter. (oh! and the music its just perfect)
  59. Jun 24, 2014
    not really like the original good Max Payne 1 and 2.
    I really tried to like it...but i couldn't!
    Max Payne 3 is like a Trippe A cutscene, railroadshooter... You are forced to do Railroad like missions, you can't move like you want in missions (and you could move where ever you want in the good old max payne games, like in the hotel mission or the other crazy cool missions). Now you are
    not really like the original good Max Payne 1 and 2.
    I really tried to like it...but i couldn't!
    Max Payne 3 is like a Trippe A cutscene, railroadshooter...
    Now you are forced to walk in one direction and if you fail, reload at checkpoint and try again.
    There are also VERY ANNYOING Railroad missions, like you are sitting in a helicopter and you are forced to shoot enemys...if you fail, do it again WTF? I want move with Max payne and kill the enemys on my way!
    This is the worst thing they could do with the max payne series.
    I had not fun with the new max payne...the multiplayer was is okay, but the singleplayer isn't good...
    Like AVGN would say "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"
    Please go back to roots!
  60. Jun 25, 2014
    Este juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el angulo argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadasEste juego demuestra que un Thirth Person Shotter puede tener una historia larga y profunda, jugablidad excelente, y lo que mas me gusta el angulo argumental tanto de los protagonistas como los P. Secundarios, teniendo en cuanta que llega ha haber una conexion con cada personaje, la narrativa de comic se reemplazaron por un estilo mas "moderno" de un orden colores y palabras resaltadas creo que el cambio de narrativa refresco el juego el cual lo necesitaba y los escenarios estan MUY bien elaborados.

Mi calificacion 10/10
  61. Dec 3, 2014
    Too much cutscenes, boring playing and boring story. I literally haven't seen a game as overrated as this one. Waste of money. I am having hard time believing how people rate this game so high. It must be under 15 kids who never got the chance to play original 1 & 2. What a pitty. If you are a skilless kid who doesn't expect anything but shooting a gun and watching long videos from a game,Too much cutscenes, boring playing and boring story. I literally haven't seen a game as overrated as this one. Waste of money. I am having hard time believing how people rate this game so high. It must be under 15 kids who never got the chance to play original 1 & 2. What a pitty. If you are a skilless kid who doesn't expect anything but shooting a gun and watching long videos from a game, buy it. Otherwise, stay away. Expand
  62. Dec 15, 2014
    Max Payne 3 is the last game in the trilogy Max Payne, which is developed and published by Rockstar Games (R *). In Max Payne 3 continues the story of Detective Max Payne city New York City. Max begins a new life working private security and protection specifically for a family in the San Paulo, Brazil. When you put the target on the family clans, Max has no choice but to save their lives.Max Payne 3 is the last game in the trilogy Max Payne, which is developed and published by Rockstar Games (R *). In Max Payne 3 continues the story of Detective Max Payne city New York City. Max begins a new life working private security and protection specifically for a family in the San Paulo, Brazil. When you put the target on the family clans, Max has no choice but to save their lives. From what I know, the game stayed a lot of time in development, but, in my opinion, even a game came out so good that I take at least 10 hours related to PC. Animation and frameworks that have been used games give an air of film, which can sometimes feel like you're watching a movie.

Story 14/15
    Extra 4/5
    Replay Value 5/5

Last score: 96
  63. Nov 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Firstly, it makes no sense to see him so depressed about his family and Mona's death, if you finished the second one on the hardest difficulty she survived and came to terms with the loss of his family...
    Secondly, this games focus in on slomo gun-play, not narrative... and the comic book style of narrative delivery is replaced with long cut-scenes
    Thirdly, the focus Isn't on Max (and/or his relationship with Mona) it is on some rich snobs who employed him
    I could go on but, Its not a terrible game, assuming that you have NOT played the first two before otherwise itll be hard not to judge it harshly
  64. Nov 24, 2014
    I have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing hisI have tried out hundreds of games this year and finished none of them. But THIS was what I was waiting for! A truly magnificent game in every respect. Captivating story line, fantastic graphics and physics, and very enjoyable gameplay. I don't think I can fault this game. The detail in the little things gives this game great character. From the hilarious tv stations to Max playing his favorite tune on the piano before being thrown into yet another heroic gun battle. It not only kept all the charm of the previous series, but has managed to add so much more! Well done Rockstar for creating another piece of unforgettable video game history! Expand
  65. Dec 1, 2014
    I paid the game and the game got installed. It just didn't work on PC. Tons of people have issues with the Rockstar social club overlay.
    A few days after my purchase, I still can't play. The money I spent is not for entertainment. It was spent for doing quality assurance for Rockstar's social club.

1. Oct 13, 2012
    Max Payne 3 feels like a PC original, in a very good way. [Aug 2012]
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    Its deviation from the mood instilled by its predecessors might annoy some purist fans, but Max Payne 3's undisputed quality standards in all accounts will make them look the other way and enjoy the game as it is. [July 2012]
    Max Payne is god and it really doesn't matter that he is not the fair one. He is the most interesting action character these days and the game itself is one of the best you can get. [July 2012]