6.4

1. Sep 27, 2012
    I've enjoyed this game alot. Its darn funny! All these references and humor and great music make it a "must have" game. Main campaign is kinda short (about 2 hours) but i hope DLCs will fix that.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    McPixel is like raw high fructose corn syrup for your brain. Some people will enjoy the sugar rush, but most people will be overpowered and nauseated by it. Levels in this game are 20 seconds long and completed by exhaustive point-and-click search.
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    After playing through the story mode, I still don't quite understand what I just experienced. Nothing makes sense, and nothing is funny. In fact, there is no fun to be had at all while playing this game. It feels like something that was meant only for a very specific group.
  4. Oct 8, 2012
    This game maybe simplistic and not overly long but I guarantee you will laugh.....alot.

This game has so much humour and its fun to see how Mcpixel will save the day for each level.

Honestly, everyone should play this game.
  5. Sep 26, 2012
    un juego flash sin sentido ni realmente especial en el que hay que pagar , hay miles de juegos mejores en cualquier sitio realmente no merece la pena
  6. May 28, 2013
    I, being weird, would normally enjoy a random and funny game like this. But McPixel goes too far, to the point where it's just stupid. Most of the levels don't require you to think, but more so require you to click randomly.
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    All these negative reviews only show that 99% of the jokes in the game just went right past them. The ending makes the game. My friends and I sat on the couch and played this game on the big screen, and were laughing non-stop through the game in all of its gags. And the ending? Priceless.

Game dinged because the soundtrack does get a bit grating when trying to go for all golds.
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    I enjoyed this game. The graphic style is meant to supplement the ironic humor, which I think it does well. Though, much of the humor is very low-brow, immature, and slapstick, with a bit of potty humor thrown in.

The puzzles are fun and often wholly unintuitive - which makes for a surprisingly fun twist in difficulty. Solving puzzles involves some very off the wall thinking. The 'obvious' solutions are not obvious, and failures often result in something so absurd and over the top that I found myself pursuing solutions that I knew would not work simply to see the often hilarious consequences.

If you are a fan of over the top, immature, mindless fun, then this game is worthwhile.
    If you saw the trailer for this game and thought that any of it was funny, then pick it up. You'll enjoy it.
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    In McPixel you play a guy in a red shirt who has to disarm a bomb within 20 seconds. Each level is a small scene with a few items to click on, you have to find the right item or combination of items to make sure the bomb doesn't explode. At first I thought this may be fun, but unfortunately it is not. Due to the horrible 'retro' graphics (aka graphics made by a lazy dev who lacks the skillIn McPixel you play a guy in a red shirt who has to disarm a bomb within 20 seconds. Each level is a small scene with a few items to click on, you have to find the right item or combination of items to make sure the bomb doesn't explode. At first I thought this may be fun, but unfortunately it is not. Due to the horrible 'retro' graphics (aka graphics made by a lazy dev who lacks the skill to create good looking graphics and now pretends it is some kind of 'art') that would have been considered bad even on a C64 often you can't even see what exactly it is you click on. And even if you do, it doesn't matter. Because the levels are totally random and in almost all cases it's simply trial and error. You click on a trash can and a small goblin appears with a bomb on his head...*bam*, try again. Yeah...right. There is of course some humor in the game because of this silly randomness, but it's always the same idiocy and gets boring quick. Would have been ok for a quick laugh if it was a free Internet flash game, but I can't imagine how anyone would want to spend money for this, no matter how cheap the game is. Expand
  10. AWG
    Jul 12, 2013
    McPixel wants to be witty and alluring but ends up being a random and wild click-fest. Humour is not so hilarious and gags are often lame but once you learn you can skip all the cut-scenes it's not so terrible.
  11. Jul 26, 2013
    Phitt's review on 13/07/2013 makes a lot of good points. I had no idea what I was doing in the game, as there are no real instructions or any guidance as to what your character's purpose is bar 'save the day'. For the first three levels or so, I didn't even know it was about a bomb disposal expert.

I've never been one to judge a game by its graphics: to me, they are there to convey the game-play the developers wanted to express. However, when the graphics are so poor and chunky that you cannot tell a hypodermic needle from a Concorde plane, something is wrong. It could possible be due to the fact that C64 graphics look terrible on new monitors? Whatever the reason, there is no excuse for it.

There is little logic to the puzzles, and you are forced to cycle through each group of six 'scenarios' or levels in order. So if you think you have one solution, you could wait up to five turns to try again. Personally I found this very irritating.

Controls are okay, bar the escape button not working to bring up an exit menu. Six presses eventually got it working, but the menu quickly disappeared again. I had to end the game in Task Manager.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but this game made my eyes hurt just looking at it. I've never had that with a game bar one where the POV needed tweaking in the console.

If you feel inclined to try this game, pick it up at 85% off or look for it on great disciun. My perception of this game is that, although it boasts 100 levels, it isn't worth the eye-strain to explore them all. It's possible, that the game could be better on the Big Screen setting Steam offers, and played on a television from a great distance. My setup is a regular PC.

I've given a mark of 3/10 because a hundred levels takes dedication. I really wish I could have given more, and hope I can raise this mark when it sorts out the issues it currently has.
  12. Oct 23, 2013
    Quite simply the worst 'game' I have ever played. Your time will be spent doing these three things in order of frequency (most often to least):

1) Looking at McPixel logos between "levels" 2) Randomly touching things on the screen for a few seconds 3) wondering where the last 10 seconds of your life went and waaay behind in last place, you'll spend a precisely equal amount of

1) Looking at McPixel logos between "levels"

2) Randomly touching things on the screen for a few seconds

3) wondering where the last 10 seconds of your life went

and waaay behind in last place, you'll spend a precisely equal amount of time doing each of these:

4) having fun

4) laughing

4) feeling remote any sense of accomplishment

4) being Batman (in real life)

4) releasing a miracle cure for cancer (in real life)

The developer of this game is the kind of person who makes be believe in bringing back the death penalty.
  13. Oct 6, 2013
    This game is horrible. A 30 second long soundtrack that would not be out of place in hell repeats over and over as you play (click on stuff). Please don't take my word for it, though: I'm biased by my sense of hearing. Also, for some reason it is designed to be hard to exit. To summarize: foothold trap for your ears. Vaguely funny sometimes, always tedious.
  14. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is fun and I really enjoy it. It just becomes boring once you beat everything. I realize that SOS works hard at getting more DLC, but after everything is beaten, there's no fun in endless mode. Fun game, but you hit a brick wall after you play every level and find every solution.
  15. Nov 20, 2013
    I thought this was going to be quirky and fun, but it was just absurd... I can't really recommend this title with regards to gameplay, perhaps if there was more logic behind the choices you make rather than just having to randomly click on something to see what obscure or downright bizarre events are going to take place… For me that's the biggest problem with it... So when you haveI thought this was going to be quirky and fun, but it was just absurd... I can't really recommend this title with regards to gameplay, perhaps if there was more logic behind the choices you make rather than just having to randomly click on something to see what obscure or downright bizarre events are going to take place… For me that's the biggest problem with it... So when you have completed the 4 stages in around 2 hours there will be no return visits to play this game… If you want a weird and illogical game which is basically a bizarre timed adventure game with puzzle light elements then perhaps this is for you... However, it’s still not a very good game! Expand
  16. Aug 16, 2013
    I recommend to everyone who likes nonsense humor. I highly recommend to play in a mobile device (android, iOS), pc is not as fun and a bit too simplistic.
  17. Apr 14, 2013
    Very cool game! I recommend to all. Simple graphics, which has its own style. An interesting and enjoyable gameplay. Zagrywałem at it for hours. this is one of the most interesting items of this type.
  18. Jul 13, 2013
    McPixel is a point-and-click adventure game with a very simple premise: in each stage, prevent a bomb from exploding within 20 seconds. The gameplay usually consists of interacting with various things on the screen and figuring out what the solution is, usually by deduction (there aren't that many possbilities per stage). If you lose, no problem. The pace is pretty quick, so you'll be backMcPixel is a point-and-click adventure game with a very simple premise: in each stage, prevent a bomb from exploding within 20 seconds. The gameplay usually consists of interacting with various things on the screen and figuring out what the solution is, usually by deduction (there aren't that many possbilities per stage). If you lose, no problem. The pace is pretty quick, so you'll be back in the action soon enough. It's definitely a refreshing take on the genre, sort of like Half-Minute Hero.

A major part of this game is the crude humor. There's a ton of it. This is the sort of game that a 13-year-old boy would love to play but probably shouldn't. That said, I enjoyed the humor quite a bit. When you interact with something, the character normally tries to be a huge jerk. The default interaction with people is to kick them in the groin (male or female). If you're holding something, you'll probably hit them in the face with it too. McPixel rarely does what you expect him to, and that's a lot of what's so funny about the game.

The graphics are bad, but still charming. The music is a little grating. The controls are simple and effective. Keep in mind that this is a short game. I finished it 100% in three hours. Overall, I'd recommend McPixel if you find it cheap, especially for adventure game fans. It's not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
  19. Oct 26, 2013
    I'm sorry, but this is not a game. This is an abomination and an ear assault, with horrendous music and a non existent gameplay. It is pointless and stupid point and click hoping you get it right. Avoid like the plague.
  20. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is exactly what it tells you it is. Watch the video before you buy.
    This game is exactly what it tells you it is. Watch the video before you buy.
    I picked it up for 1 dollar on Steam and am really glad I did. Though the game may not leave me with my sides splitting, it is packed with the most random and unpredictable humor ever. Trial and error point and click game. Just click on different combinations of people and objects until you finally figure out what saves they day.
    It is a humorous take on the old MacGuyver television series; the guy who will do things like use a toothpick, safety pin and stick of bubble gum to blow the 20,000 pound vault doors off an exitway.
    Due to the 5 dollar base price tag the game is slightly overpriced compared with content and playtime, so I hack a couple points off for that.
  21. Sep 25, 2013
  22. Sep 12, 2013
    very fun game and a cheap one too.
    the game is really short, but it comes with a lot of free DLC
    it has no replay value, once you beat all levels and endless mode it's just the same, with no interruptions i hope community keeps producing new levels. sometimes, the answer to the puzzles it's too dumb, buy, hey its the beauty of the game for the price, i recommended, specially if you
    very fun game and a cheap one too.
    the game is really short, but it comes with a lot of free DLC
    i hope community keeps producing new levels.
    for the price, i recommended, specially if you get it on a bundle or sale
  23. Sep 13, 2013
    So, I got round to playing McPixel today. It's not an easy one to review. I initially played for about 30 mins. And I immediately thought dafuq am I playing?

It's as mad as a sack full of badgers. Nothing seems to make any sense, there's no real logic or process to follow. What works on one level, you can be certain, will never work again. I initially found this frustrating and annoying. I soon gave up and had a bag of wheat krunchies and a cup of tea. I'd had my fill of silliness.

Then a strange thing happened. A few hours later I had an uncontrollable yearning to play it again. Except this time I was prepared. I knew what I was dealing with. It's not refined, in fact it's downright crude and uncouth, but I've certainly never played anything like this before. Once you get on board with how daft it is and you've come to terms with it's visual style and tendency to make absolutely no sense what-so-ever, it's actually a lot of fun.

Turn that noggin of yours off and submit yourself to silliness for a few minutes. You'll have a ball. And that ball will probably have to be inserted up an eskimo's bum.
  24. Jan 6, 2014
    Mcpixel seems fun and silly at first but after the first few levels the game becomes repetitive and boring. The once cool 8 bit music starts killing brain cells in a massacre of common sense and reason. You soon find yourself mindlessly clicking each individual pixel hoping one of them is right to get past the level. The only thing that will keep you sane is the onslaught of references andMcpixel seems fun and silly at first but after the first few levels the game becomes repetitive and boring. The once cool 8 bit music starts killing brain cells in a massacre of common sense and reason. You soon find yourself mindlessly clicking each individual pixel hoping one of them is right to get past the level. The only thing that will keep you sane is the onslaught of references and jokes.

Only buy this if it's in a sale or if you have a brain and want to try this yourself to conclude your own opinion, I'm just some idiot on the internet.
  25. Mar 18, 2013
    What in the world is going on with this game? 10/10
  26. Oct 29, 2014
    This is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life. I had to sit back an extra meter from my monitor to attempt to make out what in gods name was going on, it is was too f**king pixelated. Even after doing so I had absolutely no idea what the f**k was happening. There are no instructions. Nothing makes sense and a McPixel logo pops up every time after finishing a 3 second longThis is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life. I had to sit back an extra meter from my monitor to attempt to make out what in gods name was going on, it is was too f**king pixelated. Even after doing so I had absolutely no idea what the f**k was happening. There are no instructions. Nothing makes sense and a McPixel logo pops up every time after finishing a 3 second long level. When I say level I don't really mean level as what you do is click on an object, then click another object and some cr*p explodes. This game should die. Expand
  27. Nov 17, 2013
    I would rate this higher, but its not every ones piece of cake. Its fun and enjoyable for me, clicking things and seeing what they will do. Your job is to save the day in 20 seconds. Now this already feels like it a game about critical thinking, but if you call putting a chicken on someones head or dancing to mega Satan is going to solve anything...good luck. Your meant to save the day,I would rate this higher, but its not every ones piece of cake. Its fun and enjoyable for me, clicking things and seeing what they will do. Your job is to save the day in 20 seconds. Now this already feels like it a game about critical thinking, but if you call putting a chicken on someones head or dancing to mega Satan is going to solve anything...good luck. Your meant to save the day, but all you really do is click on the first thing you see, and maybe mix it with the next. Its more of an experimental game that is a ton of fun, but make sure you know what you're in for before giving it a shot. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2013
    It forces you to switch off the cause and effect mode in your brain and try most insane solutions. Fun! [CD-Action 02/2013, p.65]
  2. Nov 26, 2012
    It's not a big or clever game, but there's value in the small and stupid too, and there's something truly wonderful about it being Steam Greenlight's first release. [Jan 2013, p.69]
  3. Oct 13, 2012
    Dumb idea combined with retro outfitting is sure to meet it's goal. McPixel is a weird cross-over of WarioWare and point'n'click adventure. The game is so bizarre that you are bound to have some laughs. [Aug 2012]