8.5

1. Apr 26, 2015
    That's where it all started bros.
    That's where it all started bros.
    The great downfall of FPS into Modern Military Shooters for dumb masses. That's it. If you want to know why does nowadays shooters mostly suck and go by one model of dragging player along a path - launch AA and dive into the sea... No, a sewer canal of bad ideas that ruined shooters forever. It's all here. Compass, abysmall level design, and dragging you by your hand.
    There are medpacks and it's not too easy (but it ain't hard, by no means), sure; but they were quickly eradicated to make shooters compelling to 8 years olds, who forced their parents to buy crappy modern military shooters.
    That was the moment shooters went downhill pretty fast.
  2. Dec 24, 2013
    Still the best of the series in my opinion. Great graphics. Long missions/game, but not tedious, and not unrealistically difficult. Not the type of game making you wish you had the quick save feature either. The D-Day mission made me feel like I was there, and that's a rarity for me. It's just that well done. Linear game, but not a game that feels like it needs a sandbox feature. Still itStill the best of the series in my opinion. Great graphics. Long missions/game, but not tedious, and not unrealistically difficult. Not the type of game making you wish you had the quick save feature either. The D-Day mission made me feel like I was there, and that's a rarity for me. It's just that well done. Linear game, but not a game that feels like it needs a sandbox feature. Still it was exceedingly linear, and there was the occasional ridiculous AI bug, so it's not a perfect score. I still think the series is trying to recapture the magic that this game exhibits. Expand
  3. Aug 24, 2011
    I grew up with this game... still is fun after all these years. its basically what really started it all, the MoH series is what started the craze in War FPS games back in the day. though the last good MoH game was AA... the original AA had its share of problems, one of them was the x-ray-teloscopic vision the AI had, along with them all having aimbot, but they fixed that in the expansionI grew up with this game... still is fun after all these years. its basically what really started it all, the MoH series is what started the craze in War FPS games back in the day. though the last good MoH game was AA... the original AA had its share of problems, one of them was the x-ray-teloscopic vision the AI had, along with them all having aimbot, but they fixed that in the expansion packs, I loved Breakthrough the most. though the thing that AA is probably best known for is the level "Sniper Town", and if you have played it, almost any other FPS game wont be able to annoy you with difficulty... Expand
  4. May 17, 2015
    Still great game ! Great story in single player, excelent sound and music which was awarded. Game worth reminder. Too bad, multiplayer doesn't work now.
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 10/10
    Music 10/10
  6. Jan 3, 2012
    Got this game since I love MOH games. Played it years ago and thought it was great. Played it recently and thought " This is unbelievably insane!". The AI is freaking overpowered, their almost 100% accurate, and they spawn constantly. Example: When I fire a rifle shot to their head and they shake it off, thats **** Then the rifleman fire at me while I'm jumping and running and zigzaggingGot this game since I love MOH games. Played it years ago and thought it was great. Played it recently and thought " This is unbelievably insane!". The AI is freaking overpowered, their almost 100% accurate, and they spawn constantly. Example: When I fire a rifle shot to their head and they shake it off, thats **** Then the rifleman fire at me while I'm jumping and running and zigzagging and they hit me every time! Then when i clear a area, step into a certain part and bang!, ten soldiers appear behind me and kill me. Ten years ago this game was great, now its a piece of **** that favors the AI. Don't play this unless you like to die, like to get angry, or love to get raped by the constant respawning AI. Expand
  7. Jan 28, 2013
    The grand-daddy of the WWII-shooter genre! It may not have all the frills of some of the newer additions to the FPS genre, but it's still got it where it counts. Somewhat counter-intuitively, however, this war-drama more often than not has you sneaking about completing secret missions rather than joining up with and protecting a squad of teammates. This lone-gunman style is perhapsThe grand-daddy of the WWII-shooter genre! It may not have all the frills of some of the newer additions to the FPS genre, but it's still got it where it counts. Somewhat counter-intuitively, however, this war-drama more often than not has you sneaking about completing secret missions rather than joining up with and protecting a squad of teammates. This lone-gunman style is perhaps somewhat unrealistic, but no less fun. Expand
  8. Jul 21, 2012
    An excellent game that needs to be promulgated to the masses of gamers who play COD. Single player has never been more compelling. Weapons are amazing. Game is a challenge in itself. I admit as my first pC game I had trouble getting used to controls. But that didn't bother me, it just added to the challenge to the game, which makes it even more interesting to revel in its glory.
  9. Nov 26, 2013
    At first, it start as a casual fps, but further you go, worse it will go. Enemies see your movements through walls and sometimes they will start even shooting at you before you are at drawing distance. Later part of the game will really ruin your day, but the difficulty level was pretty normal for it's time. But if you are used to play modern fps, don't expect fun and easy moments, butAt first, it start as a casual fps, but further you go, worse it will go. Enemies see your movements through walls and sometimes they will start even shooting at you before you are at drawing distance. Later part of the game will really ruin your day, but the difficulty level was pretty normal for it's time. But if you are used to play modern fps, don't expect fun and easy moments, but quick loading and saving every other second. There is some other annoying things: jump is useless, it will make player much slower at game doesn't even exploit it much. Second is that you can't switch your weapon during reloading and this will make you very vulnerable. Other than that, this game delivers variety much and ambience is awesome. Especially winter missions and those dogs barking... Expand
  10. Mar 5, 2011
    The game that started it all.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is actually the forgotten precursor to the modern day Industry leading (in terms of sales) Call of Duty games. Developed by 2015, a group of developers fed up with their monolithic and notorious publisher EA Games were forced to abandon their studio and street cred as they fled to Activision to form a new studio called Infinity
    The game that started it all.

Developed by 2015, a group of developers fed up with their monolithic and notorious publisher EA Games were forced to abandon their studio and street cred as they fled to Activision to form a new studio called Infinity Ward.

Forced to leave their IP behind, Infinity Ward created the WW2 shooter Call of Duty, followed shortly after by the substantial expansion pack Call of Duty : United Fronts, which brought vehicles to multiplayer.

Infinity Ward, looking to transfer to the more lucrative and less pirated console market, agreed to create yet another WW2 follow up Call of Duty 2, a PC and Xbox 360 exclusive launch title that legitimized the 360 as a full fledged next generation console at a time when Sony was emphatically claiming that 'the next generation doesn't start until we say it does'.

Call of Duty 2 was to the Xbox 360 what Halo was to the original Xbox, the killer app the platform needed to justify a purchase.

Activision caved in to Infinity Ward's demands, and in late 2005, the team began work on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, A modern day shooter with a fictional plot that would allow the developers to craft their own story and missions without the same historical restraints of the WW2 era.

Released in late 2007 on PC, PS3, 360, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare went on to sell over 10 million copies, seemingly overnight usurping Industry giants like Halo and Grand Theft Auto to become the Industry's biggest IP.

In 2009, Infinity Ward released the inevitable sequel, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which outsold it's predecessor, and every other game of this generation.

Shortly afterward, Infinity Ward's lead developers Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired, after refusing to begin work on Modern Warfare 3, and wound up going full circle, partnering with EA once again to create Respawn Entertainment. Over 35 developers would abandon Activision's Infinity Ward to join West and Zampella at their new studio.

No doubt hard at work, the developers at Respawn Entertainment have yet to announce their first game, but it all started with Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

- Why the history -

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is a wrongfully forgotten game. Released 25 days AFTER Christmas, it had a horrible launch window.

The game probably wasn't finished in time for Holiday 2001, and even if it was, it would have been competing with

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty
    Halo : Combat Evolved
    Grand Theft Auto III

All critical and commercial darlings, which in my mind took the limelight from Allied Assault.

Needless to say, not having a console counterpart hurt sales, especially with Halo basically restarting the console shooter trend that Goldeneye 64 began.

Medal of Honor as a franchise self destructed with 2015/infinity ward, and it's legacy is tainted with loads of EA's crappy spin-offs, in the same way that Call of Duty is now being destroyed by Activision with the Treyarch developed Call of Duty games.

But it all began here -

The signature last stand wounded animations, the Epic, massive team battles like D-day Omaha Beach juxtaposed with the stealth and sniping missions.

Clearly, you can see the roots of classic COD4 levels like Gillies in the Mist in the game's solo and sniper levels.

By the year 2011, there isn't much that this game did well that hasn't been done better a decade later, but the basic joy of shooting enemies is still fun, and more than vaguely reminds me of Call of duty: Modern Warfare.

Allied Assault is a forgotten classic. It belongs with Ocarina of Time, Halo: Combat Evolved, Goldeneye, Pong, and Super Mario Bros.

While it didn't bring halo's 2 weapon inventory system or regenerating health to the shooter industry, what it did bring was atmosphere, and incredible action set pieces.

It's what saving private ryan did for war movies, made them more intense and visceral, brought you into battle like never before, selling you an experience you couldn't get anywhere else.
  11. Jan 14, 2015
    the gameplay is bad the graphics horible same enemies same missions and its so hard and to me its horrible just horrible electronic arts why oh just why did you make this
  12. Dec 1, 2011
    Perfect game. I still play this with my friends sometimes:simple, not good quality but who cares??, very interesting for multiplayer... Interesting new complicated with perfect quality games dont live as much as this. People like simplicity. This is Great game
  13. May 20, 2013
    Fantastic shooting game that for some reason I first played it a few years ago. I have 1 criticism for the game, some levels can be annoying because the enemy can see through trees and you can't, but other than that this is easily one of the best fps games ever made.
  14. Aug 24, 2013
    This is my favorite FPS of all time, nothing beats this for me, the ambience, the sound, so well done, you should try it out, it is on Good Old Game for 9 bucks (optimized for high resolution and comes with the expansions). This is a 10/10 for me
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    User Interface 10/10
    Sounds 8/10
    Music 10/10
  16. Dec 12, 2011
    i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro,i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............i want try this game bro, TQ............ Expand
  17. Jul 22, 2013
    Literally one of the best games of my life (others being the other medal of honor games). This game is a must. It is just amazing. I literally have no words for it, thats it, No Words.
  18. Feb 26, 2014
    This deserves more respect in the history of video games than it generally gets recognised for. The single player was fantastic for its time, its treatment of DDay was better than any game had done before it, but it's online that this game shone far beyond anything else at the time, for me at any rate. The multiplayer maps are extremely well designed and as far as I know it was one ofThis deserves more respect in the history of video games than it generally gets recognised for. The single player was fantastic for its time, its treatment of DDay was better than any game had done before it, but it's online that this game shone far beyond anything else at the time, for me at any rate. The multiplayer maps are extremely well designed and as far as I know it was one of the earlier games to incorporate lean in multiplayer. The weapons are well balanced, with a strong emphasis on skill. Sure, go the SMG, spray your heart away, you'll get some lucky kills, but nothing feels better than nailing someone across the map, leaning out of cover, with a sightless Kurz. More than any other multiplayer FPS I have played it came down to how fast and how accurate you were. I pumped more hours in to this game online over a five to ten year period than I probably did all others combined. An amazing game. I only wish there were still active servers! Expand

1. If I ever need to make a war movie, I know exactly what it needs to sound like.
  2. The graphics are polished, the sound is atmospheric and helps create a realistic environment and if that wasn't enough the Artificial Intelligence is second to none (well maybe Halo).
  3. This is the kind of game that made me believe in the bright future of gaming, and at the same time, strengthened my belief that we're still far off from the level of professionalism needed to boost this form of entertainment to a more prominent cultural level.