Men of War: Assault Squad 2 PC

• Publisher: 1C
  • Release Date: Mar 20, 2014
6.0

1. Jun 20, 2014
    A mediocre patch for Assault Squad labelled as a sequel. It was quite obvious from the start given how little change there was announced. No improvements to skirmish at all, most of the updates are geared towards pvp and leaderboards.

If you are looking for a game against AI, don't bother all they did was rehash the old maps and game modes and and nothing meaningful to the game at all, the same pathetically limited set of units in player versus AI mode.

This game has the biggest unit selection of any RTS and they are all locked behind badly design game modes and the "realism" excuse, no sandbox.
  2. Feb 19, 2015
    The latest patch has messed up the game big time! The graphics whent down, the lag is unbearable now. They ask 10 euro's for a crappy dlc. Wargame gives their huge dlc for free! These devs promised real skirmish mode and couldnt deliver. They just couldnt do it. Go to COH 2 for a real skirmish game!

MOW AS 2's version of skirmish is crap! You have to do the same thing over and over and over and over again for each faction. They are all the same thing. Setup, scripted events. You cant do nothing your own! Crap!
  3. Jun 4, 2014
    I thing i have to say for this game "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" its really boring and its not even a improvement except the graphics over the original mowas3. The multiplayer simply SUCKS! And if you buy this buy it for only the campaings!
  4. Dec 31, 2014
    Less than suitable performance for sub standard graphics in 2014 gives the impression of a poorly optimized game. The so called Skirmish mode is not skirmish in any traditional RTS sense, and does not allow you to jump into dynamic battles on various maps in a way you would expect, but rather plays out as a campaign. Nor does it feature any co-op vs AI. To make it worse, the game does nextLess than suitable performance for sub standard graphics in 2014 gives the impression of a poorly optimized game. The so called Skirmish mode is not skirmish in any traditional RTS sense, and does not allow you to jump into dynamic battles on various maps in a way you would expect, but rather plays out as a campaign. Nor does it feature any co-op vs AI. To make it worse, the game does next to nothing to explain, or teach, its game-play. The community around the game also leaves a lot to be desired, with members quick to jump at people who bring up an opinion on the game that does not match their own. A regretful purchase and not one I would recommend to friends (or enemies). Expand
  5. Jul 21, 2014
    I have been playing the Men of War series since before it was MOW. I started with Soldiers, Heroes of World War 2.

I much prefer the small squad missions where you have to keep the single group of 10 men or less alive for the duration of the mission or campaign. Scavenging weapons and creating havoc on the battle field. This is NOT Assault Squad 2. Assault Squad 2 is just more

Assault Squad 2 is just more of the same from Assault Squad 1. It is basically 'select this squad throw them into battle.. select that squad throw them into battle.. select this tank, micro manage it so the damn thing doesn't drive out and sit in front of an AT gun rinse repeat *yawn*'

The Voice acting is attrocious. The Japanese appear to all have American accents!.. They didn't even TRY to FAKE an accent!.

Very disappointed.

Am goign to reload one of the older games I think
  6. Jun 8, 2015
    I waited more than one year before reviewing this game, as a sign of respect for its developers and to try write a complete and honest review. Now I think I gave them enough time to fix their game and to prove they care about their costumers, and I'am sorry but they failed...

What to say ? AS2 and its developers for me in 3 words ? .. A BIG DELUSION ! On AS1 I had lot of hours of

What to say ? AS2 and its developers for me in 3 words ? .. A BIG DELUSION !

On AS1 I had lot of hours of fun, even if to be sincere 95% of my hours on AS1 were spent with the German Soldiers Mod, a realism mod, so I give credits to DMS for making the basic game but if was not for Blubork's GSM and all the MoW modders, I'am not sure about how many hours I could have on AS1.

So in general from MOW to AS1 for me nothing big changed (not that other MOW titles brought bigger changes) if not improved graphic and other little details, main improvements arrived thanks to the evolving of the German Soldiers Mod and new models by MoW modders, but all in all I was happy with the AS1 platform, they even released free updates with new models, and from time to time I could have fun with the vanilla game too, even if nothing serious.

Main problems of AS1 vanilla for me were the artificial weapon datas and in general the lack of realism, not that MOW had more realism, for example regarding ranges AS1 was a step forward, but with AS1 in my opinion the gameplay went even more fast paced and more COH oriented, I always disagreed with the payback mechanic, I find helping a player losing its units totally unfit for Real-Time-STRATEGY.

So when AS2 was announced I went on AS2 forum and asked personally to devs if AS2 was going to be a more realism oriented game, not a sim, just more realistic, and they put there the fact that they were going to implement realistic weapon datas, I also asked them if they were planning to implement a territory mode like I suggested in the past and again they answered me that something was coming to satisfy this thing too.
    So as I'am a positive person and I like to help who deserve it, I was super happy and I decided to help in the funding of their future CTA title too, even if I was not really interested in a post WWII era MoW.

Then the big day to try AS2 arrived...

...and this sadly was my first reaction after trying it (was obviously in italian but I'll try to translate it : ) )

"What the ♥♥♥♥ ?? are you kidding me"

Yes, it can sound rude but this sincerely was my reaction when trying AS2 for the first time.

Performances were terrible (but it was beta so at that time I still had hope here), improvements compared to AS1 ? little to nothing , but what's worst....

Ranges were reduced and the gameplay was damn fast paced, maps had a terrible artificial arena look and were damn small, nothing like my suggested territory mode, instead an extreme battle zone mode that had nothing to do with what I suggested, even the realistic weapon datas were not that realistic as the Tiger tank could "360 non scope" in one second with its famously and historically known SLOW turret traverse.

So for the vanilla game was a total delusion, however the full steam implementation was a nice thing and my thought was that performances could improve as promised and once GSM was released then I could just play that so the COH like gameplay was not an huge problem, even if having to always rely on mods to enjoy a game to be sincere is quite annoying.
    No less I even created an AS2 thread on the most famous Italian tech forum, I was still supporting the devs despite the problems and failed expectations.

After months of waiting I realized I passed more time on the AS2 hub than in game as the game performances were terrible and the vanilla game gameplay a total rush and grenade spam that I was unable to enjoy.
    Again, I tried to stay positive and give my best to stay present on the AS2 hub and give suggestions, I invested my precious time there but what I discovered was just that, even with their community the Devs were doing a terrible job, threads locked, people banned, not a sign of listening to player suggestions, even Devs replying to suggestion in a quite arrogant way or over-defending their product and vision of the game at all costs, making you feel like a ♥♥♥♥ and totally impotent toward the series future.
    I was speechless and deluded, I was no more able to recognize the devs I used to like and I h
  7. May 20, 2014
    I write this view from the perspective of one of the highest ranked 1v1 players in the game. This review is not on singleplayer, as I do not play single player in MOW, because I find it very boring, I would not recommend this game for singleplayer.

Just like the first assault squad I see myself putting 1000+ hours into Assault squad 2. Their is no other multiplayer experience that is nearly as fun, or replicates the strategy and gameplay. I would never play another RTS after playing this one.

The reason I am not giving this a 10 is because of a number of issues with the development and design choices. This game is nearly the exact same as the first assault squad. There are only a handful of new maps, there is less than 10 new units, there isn't really anything new. On top of that they have made a number of questionable decisions, such as adding in units that you need to unlock. However, many of the units that are locked for players are ones that are needed to win the game.

Almost all the design time seems to have gone too doing back end improvements, things that don't really affect the gameplay. The game actually looks worse than the first assault squad in multiplayer because almost all players are forced to play on low settings, because all the new graphical and engine improvements have not been optimized.

The only real notifiable improvement over the first Assault squad is using steam instead of gamespy for mutliplayer. If you played the first one you will know how big of an improvement this is. However, with barely any other additions, and some steps backwards, I only give this game a 6.

Me and most of the competitive community feel this way. We will still play this game for thousands of hours, only because there is no other game out there that provides similar gameplay. Assault squad 2 was a wasted oppourtunity to improve on an already great game.
  8. Jun 9, 2014
    THIS REVIEW IS AIMED AT NEW PLAYERS OF MEN OF WAR
    THIS REVIEW IS AIMED AT NEW PLAYERS OF MEN OF WAR
    Oh so you enjoyed Company of heroes but was failed by the second version, and now you want something harder, more realistic and detailed? Well attach extremely to all of those adjectives and you now understand why this game, (as cool as it looks) has a 6 user score average, of course we cant forget the extreme frustration. At first, controlling each unit seems cool, they all have their own name, and it really simulates the battlefield nicely, they have their own ammo, and their own inventory so whether there in a tank and have to hop out to repair it, or part of a squad, every man counts. But this slowly maims the game, each soldier has poor Ai, and while "sometimes" they will throw a grenade on their own at a tank when its in range, or maybe a gernade at a group of infantry; usually, for 75% of the time they will stand in position firing their gun, reloading, until they run out of ammo and your forced to take time to find that unit some ammo for his gun (remember that inventory system you thought was cool, well its biting you in the ass now). So what happens when you have 30 different infantry units on the battlefield, that YOU have to put in cover, that YOU have to find ammo fore, that YOU have to avoid being obviously flanked, that YOU have to move away from grenades and tanks and falling buildings and trees that are on fire, basically you get overwhelmed. I don't like having to baby units through the most simply of tasks like throwing a grenade in cover instead of running out in front of an enemy tank to do it.
    Now thats just the basics, campaign is appalling, literally just a list of skirmishes that you have to do in order for each faction, and while they are different maps, most of them are the same layout of the mission each tier. But honestly, i bought this game to play competitive, and that's what brings me to multiplayer.
    First of all, of all the games ive ever played, this has the worst, i'm talking 99 cent barely out of beta games have better matchmaking. Then of course the fact that at any time there's only about 8 matches that u can join, and half of them are operating with 200-300 ping. So when you finally do find a match, (Do not do co-op, its pathetic) with good ping, and enough players you will be introduced to an immense learning curve. Seriously, if u cant easily beat the computer on hard in skirmishes, don't do versus multiplayer, im talking units 30 yards away are invisible in the "fog of war". You have to be able to micromanage each soldier very good, because I guarantee the first half of the match is who can throw grenades the best and where you put your AT guns. There are no ranked matches, so you will have to deal with the community of mostly vets by yourself, deal with the public chats of insults and criticizing your moves 3 minutes into the match. It would take another 1000 characters to fully explain the annoyances of multiplayer and the unit AI, and the other things, so I will leave it at this. DO NOT BUY THE GAME TILL ITS AT LEAST 15 dollars, because it for sure is not a 30 dollar one.
  9. Jun 28, 2014
    I have been extremely disappointed in the unprofessional and, in my opinion, very underhanded treatment of the purchasers of Digital Mind Soft's (DMS) Assault Squad 2 (AS2). The game had been advertised as a pre-order for a sequel to their first Assault Squad game with a lot of promised features. Myself and many other players purchased this pre-order under the assumption that DMS intendedI have been extremely disappointed in the unprofessional and, in my opinion, very underhanded treatment of the purchasers of Digital Mind Soft's (DMS) Assault Squad 2 (AS2). The game had been advertised as a pre-order for a sequel to their first Assault Squad game with a lot of promised features. Myself and many other players purchased this pre-order under the assumption that DMS intended to meet this expectation. In order to be brief, DMS has fallen very short of their advertisement. They even went as far to change their game type from pre-order to "Early Access" when they failed to meet their release date twice. Suffice to say, we the customers are very upset and wish to share our disgust. The developers at DMS have chosen to bring on a community manager who makes it his business to completely remove any/all comments posted which even hints at disappointment in their decision to change the game to being "Early Access" at the last second. They have even began censoring all comments, reviews, or chat, that expresses any dissatisfaction in their product at all! Please take an administrative interest in the AS2 Steam forum. Like I said, many customers like myself feel that it is completely unethical for DMS to exercise this level of censorship. We are justified in being dissatisfied and have an obligation to voice this dissatisfaction to deter DMS from completely ostracizing the AS2 community. DMS is clearly showing a complete lack in ability to plan and execute the launch of their new product, including proper risk mitigation. It's a wonder that 1C can continue to support their fly-by-night software development practices. This game barely has all the features that the first game had and is extremely glitchy and unplayable. Stay away, you've been warned. Expand
  10. Aug 23, 2014
    This game feels like a rehash of Assault Squad. Not worth the money when you can get 1 for cheaper (when its basically the same) in my honest opinion stick to the 1st one
  11. Aug 15, 2014
    Just as others have mentioned, MoW: Assault Squad 2 does not feel like a full sequel to the previous Assault Squad title, but rather MoW:Assault Squad 1.5, but I'd be hard pressed to even call it that.
    The differences between this game and the first Assault Squad are minuscule - the same maps, the same models, mostly the same audio, and many of the same glitches. There are a few changes, like small visual improvements and changes, but they aren't much.

Even with the small changes, the game runs poorly on my pc, which can run most games very well (even Men of War's competitor, Company of Heroes 2). I'm also really disappointed with the unit unlock system that keeps units locked from use until a higher player ranking is achieved. This means I am playing virtually the same game from a few years ago, but with less units at my disposal at the beginning...

Admittedly, the first Men of War: Assault Squad was the first Men of War game I played, but I loved it. And I know MoW:AS2 is still a good game because it's almost exactly the same as the first.

(There is some debate about whether this is a better game that the games in the Company of Heroes franchise. I think they are both great. Company of Heroes is much more polished, and gives a much greater authentic/cinematic presence of the war than Men of War. Company of Heroes is also much more visually engaging as units move more realistically and the camera is zoomed in more so the combat is right in your face. I also think the suppression fire is done perfectly in CoH.

Men of War, even with all of it's faults, can outshine CoH, especially in multiplayer. The frailty of all of your units and their flexibility in combat means small lapses of judgement can cost you the game. The tank combat in MoW is also much more realistic in their firing range and armor protection/penetration.)
  12. May 29, 2014
    Enough ! Really enough of this "codish" sequels, this franchise is great i love it but it neeeds a huge change in the form of engine change. Unity, UE4 or Cryengine these engine starts at quality and level where GEM engine can only dream of.

1C, Best Way and DMS should really wake up and make something with it. Its the same game as Faces of War just with "engine updates" which you can

1C, Best Way and DMS should really wake up and make something with it.
    Its the same game as Faces of War just with "engine updates" which you can hardly see in game.
    This will not help this title to get better at all.
  13. May 20, 2014
    i loved the men of war francise i really do but this time they have gone too far this game is the same as the last one down to every mission the difference is only at unit texture and other small thing. gameplay is the same, mission is the same, map is the same.what the hell there is no different beetwen this and the latest men of war assault squad update
  14. Aug 20, 2014
    This is probably the most broken game I have ever played. I have been following and playing multi-player in this game since it first released to the public almost 8 months ago, constantly waiting for it to be fixed, but now I have given up. I loved the first assault squad, but this game is just too broken to play, despite its awesome gameplay.

First of all, the game has experienced

First of all, the game has experienced basically no fixes since the first assault squad. Known problems such as path finding, annoying resupply system, and unbalanced units were not fixed. Even worse, maps that the entire MP community agreed were unbalanced were ported into as2 completely unchanged, even though it only takes a few minutes in the editor to fix them.

As far as new content there basically isn't any. There is 3 or 4 new playable MP maps, and a couple new units. Graphics were very slightly improved at the cost of a HUGE increase in system resource demand. The graphic changes are incredibly unoptimized! The hosting also changed from gamespy to steam which should be an improvement. Unfortunately the new netcode is really bad and this change has caused MP to verge on being unplayably laggy.

Two of the biggest advertised changes were matchmaking and a new 8v8 game mode. 4 months after release now, and NEITHER OF THESE ADDITIONS WORK. Due to poor netcode and optimization the game only allows 4v4 to be played, even though there is 5v5-8v8 maps in the game. Meanwhile matchmaking is ruined by exploits, an idiotic and unbalanced new unit locking system, and unbalanced maps. Average wait times to find a matchmaking game are 30min+ because nobody uses the broken system.

This game is also now way behind other games. Standard features for years in other RTS games are missing in this game. There is no AI skirmish mode, No lobby chat (removed since AS1), and there is textures from 2006 still in the game! A supposed main selling points of this game (first thing on steam store page) is multicore support, which its competition (COH) has been offering since 2006! The devs are still only talking about adding in dx10 support and 64 bit support. Even worse there is no dedicated servers! The game in 2014 still runs on peer to peer! This means the game only runs as fast as the slowest computer in the game. With poor optimization, high system resource demands, and bad netcode this means a huge portion of all mp games are incredibly laggy and usually unplayable.

The MP gameplay in this game is the best in any RTS without a doubt. However, the game itself is so incredibly unpolished, lacking proper balance and standard features that it is one of the least enjoyable gaming experiences I have ever had. The MP community is a ghost town with a huge portion of the vet community having left the game months ago, average wait times to find a usually incredibly laggy game are 20min+.

Meanwhile the devs are just awful. Since release they have been censoring negative opinions on their forums while denying they do so. They have basically stated they do not care about the veteran community. They constantly promise fixes, which never come (over 1 month since last patch, even though key features of the game are still broken). They also release patches that either make the game more laggy or do not fix what they are suppose to fix, and then do not roll-back the patch.

Worst sequel I have ever seen and worst devs i have ever interacted with. Stay away.
  15. May 26, 2014
    This game deserve to be called Assault Squad 1.5. The voice acting is still horrible, the AI, the explosions are the same as in AS1, which are bad. Graphics are the same, the performance is garbage too. This is so embarrassing, i dont even know how the developers can sleep after releasing such a piece of *** and they are asking $30 for it. They have no talent for videogames.
  16. Dec 2, 2014
    Since I like realistic game play ... This game is not realistic enough. Soldiers have a health bar .. which is not real. In real life, he can be alive, Injured or dead ... nothing else. It would be great this game was like the close combat series in terms of realism.
    These are the new features needed for the next release:
    1) Soldiers do not have a health bar. 2) Ammunition are counted
    These are the new features needed for the next release:
    1) Soldiers do not have a health bar.
    2) Ammunition are counted (Soldiers and guns should not be able to shoot for ever)
    3) Soldiers have morale (can surrender, become heroic, get pinned)
    4) Soldiers gain experience if they survive a battle
    5) Soldiers seek cover by themselves in the surrounding area

And please .. add a tutorial ...
  17. May 17, 2014
    no real improvement from the last game at all.

the graphics are okay but their way below 2014 standards. in fact their around the same as the last games, only with a tiny bit of improvement. i do like the multiple campaigns, which is the only reason i'm not giving the game a flat out Zero. is crashes like crazy, and runs poorly on my rig (which is a really good rig) it also stops
    no real improvement from the last game at all.

is crashes like crazy, and runs poorly on my rig (which is a really good rig) it also stops and goes when things are happening on screen, and when you move the camera around the map. kinda like a scratched DVD.

the game play elements are extremely identical. actually i can't find much of a change or improvement at all.

i don't recommend people buy this game unless their die hard fans of the men of war franchise. and even then you may be disappointed by the lack of innovation and improvement.
  18. May 4, 2014
    This game is basically Assult squad 1.2. Nothing else.
    Poor way to cash by devs on same game that they didnt changed from 7 years.
    Can somebody tell me whats the difference between Men of War and Assult Squad? Maybe bit improved graphics.. tiny gameplay changes..and nothing else. they keep re-doing this garbage for years. Most retarded system ever: You can play game against
    This game is basically Assult squad 1.2. Nothing else.
    Poor way to cash by devs on same game that they didnt changed from 7 years.

Can somebody tell me whats the difference between Men of War and Assult Squad?

Most retarded system ever:
    You can play game against computer with other people. But all points for reinf. are shared..so
    if you wont buy quick enough you wont get anything. And thats brings everybody buying inf cause its cheaper.
    And even if you manage to save for something more expensive then you may wont get it cause its randomly assigned to somebody else. How the **** you can do anything then? Who made this system?
    MOST retarded system EVER.

Dont buy this game. Even when its fro 5 euro. Dont dare to buy it.
    Hope they go bankrupt for this scam.
  19. Jul 7, 2014
    First off, this game is best described as a simulation RTS. The gameplay is so detailed you can edit individual soldier's inventories and pick up ammo/supplies from fallen friends of foes. Tanks have fuel, and they can get stuck. You can shoot the tracks off a tank, or you can shoot right through it with a Pak anti-tank gun. The realism is really what separates this game from other RTS's,First off, this game is best described as a simulation RTS. The gameplay is so detailed you can edit individual soldier's inventories and pick up ammo/supplies from fallen friends of foes. Tanks have fuel, and they can get stuck. You can shoot the tracks off a tank, or you can shoot right through it with a Pak anti-tank gun. The realism is really what separates this game from other RTS's, such as Company of Heroes. In COH, it takes about 5-6 shots to kill a single guys at point-blank range. In MOW, it takes 1-2 shots.

However, this game requires CONSTANT micro-management. You cannot send your troops to a position then forget about them. You need to manually put them in prone, crouched, and standing position. You manually must tell them to throw a grenade. With all the mm, it is very hard to manage multiple units.

As a WW2 simulation, this is the closest to reality you can get right now. As an RTS, it is painstakingly tedious to manage every one of your units, it truly is a burden. If you want to truly experience commanding war in a game, this is a great game, But if you want to send about a squad and forget about them, they will die and you will lose. Your units have no AI on their own and can't really do anything for themselves. It is really up to you everything they do.

The micro-management is the worst part about this game, but it's realistic features still make it an amazing RTS that I recommend to hardcore strategy and war game fans.
  20. Jun 25, 2014
    Basically this game is trying to compete with company of heroes but fails hardcore.
    The graphics are ok but the game play is boring, I think what they're trying to do to be better than company of heroes is become more real but people need to understand that company of heroes is all about fast paced action with realism, so yeah pretty much this game sucks
  21. Apr 21, 2014
    Another mess from the team, game got improved that's for sure, but at its current state its unplayable - guess few more months work ahead... call me when its indeed ready
  22. Jun 11, 2015
    The power steam gave to the developers to regulate the community hub from trolls and racist is now used to ban people who don't see the same as they do. They ban free speech in their community hub on steam!!
  23. May 13, 2014
    Great game, only played skirmish so far and loving it!

You don't need to farm resources (like in COH) but instead you just deploy re-enforcements when you have enough "points".

The graphics and effects are very nice!
  24. Jan 11, 2015
    I Give 10, not because the game is perfect, but because this game is far the best in it's genre. The game is very realistic, you have limited ammunition at each unit, every unit has it's on inventory, you can loot the dead corps or disabled vehicles (vehicles has inventory as well) Because the game is very complex, to get familiar with controls of it takes some time and patient, but whenI Give 10, not because the game is perfect, but because this game is far the best in it's genre. The game is very realistic, you have limited ammunition at each unit, every unit has it's on inventory, you can loot the dead corps or disabled vehicles (vehicles has inventory as well) Because the game is very complex, to get familiar with controls of it takes some time and patient, but when you will get there, you will enjoy more this ww2 strategy game, than any other. Basically you have so many options you will never do the same thing in this game, you will always try something new... The single player mode is more like than an overcomplicated and extremely hard Commandos, which can be fun for some people, but the real juice here is the Multi-player, where you have to put some time into the game to feel your self competitive... I suggest to watch some tutorial videos online, before you give a shot, and try skirmish missions alone to practice what you've seen... I definitely recommend this game for buying, it is getting updates/patches constantly, so it will be just better, and the number of players are growing as well... Expand
  25. Sep 5, 2014
    This game should be rated way above COH people only voting it to low because they got early-access Alpha version of the game when it had all the old models sounds etc.. game has been massively improved now and is way better game than COH which is arcade-y and DLC crazy. Relic is not relic anymore.

its still being upgraded and will be the difinative Replacement version of the game for all true fans, and people that like realism of arcade.

this game deserives a 9 but gave it a 10 to balance out all the cry-baby reviews.
  26. Jun 5, 2014
    While in it's graphical form, there hasn't been * a lot* of chance. The engine has been mostly reworked to improve the quality gameplay it has to offer.
    When looking at SP. You're doing it wrong. Multi Player is one of the better things out there. And you'll find it a tonne more amusing.
  27. Oct 13, 2014
    I love this series, I'll agree there is not a lot of change from AS 1 but regardless it is still an enjoyable game. The Single player campaign is small but having the ability to add mods is a huge positive. I did finish the game a while ago but found Sir Hinkels mod and a realistic mod that completely change the game dynamics and I am hooked again.

If you are a fan of strategy games

If you are a fan of strategy games where you have to think how you do battle this is a must. Using cover and concealment is a must when attacking dug in troops, keeping you army filled with munitions so they are always prepared and utilising tanks and artillery support are just small parts of many this game has to offer.

If they ever released a sequel I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase it.
  28. Nov 10, 2014
    Playing a fully patched up version of MoW:AS2 is a joy compared to many other offerings in this genre. Action is good and fun. Missions are on the whole are well designed, although pretty samey with each nation.

Played it through twice in single player, which shows it has some re-playability. Some great Steam Workshop additions and missions to. Is it ground breaking or revolutionary?

Is it ground breaking or revolutionary? No. Graphically amazing? No. Still, its gameplay is fun and the range of units is good. Also the detail for units actions and resources like ammo, fuel, weapons make it the most interesting for me. Being able to battlefield scavenge anything from new weapons and ammo to repairing partially damaged tanks/artillery/APC etc make it really fun.

Not played multiplayer, which is where a lot of people say the game shines even more so can't comment on that.
  29. Aug 14, 2014
    I have mostly only done skirmish but I also tried multiplayer, pretty fun except at times it can get pretty boring at times but mostly it can entertain you for hours
  30. Oct 14, 2014
    I have thus far enjoyed playing Men of War: Assault Squad 2 to an alarming degree. Most of my fun however, is with the various well-made modifications and addon's for the original game, as well as the editor, which is absolutely superb. This is no Company of Heroes but it is an amazing platform for grown men like myself, to get away with playing a sort of virtual 'army men'. You can takeI have thus far enjoyed playing Men of War: Assault Squad 2 to an alarming degree. Most of my fun however, is with the various well-made modifications and addon's for the original game, as well as the editor, which is absolutely superb. This is no Company of Heroes but it is an amazing platform for grown men like myself, to get away with playing a sort of virtual 'army men'. You can take control of all the forces of Eisenhower's US, Hitler's Reich, Churchill's Commonwealth, Stalin's Russia, and 'Yes' you can play the French. These units are well detailed and simply pitting the AI against itself in a simulation of your own creation is part of the games main appeal. Think of this as a creative engine. If you desire, you can even speed it up 70 years and play as modern day forces. The possibilities and low price point, along with graphics that aren't too hard on the eyes, make this a fun experience with a large amount of replay value. Expand
  31. Jul 8, 2015
    The game has been transformed in some kind of test ape for DMS future product: Call of Arms. Features, which have little or no benefit for MOW, are rushed in a pre-alpha status and they have completely broken the game. Many people can not start the game, most of the people are suffering frequently crashes. Finishing a 2v2+ game is impossible because of an apparantly unfixable out of syncThe game has been transformed in some kind of test ape for DMS future product: Call of Arms. Features, which have little or no benefit for MOW, are rushed in a pre-alpha status and they have completely broken the game. Many people can not start the game, most of the people are suffering frequently crashes. Finishing a 2v2+ game is impossible because of an apparantly unfixable out of sync error.

After one year from release the game fundamentals, like stability and lag, are still broken and nothing let us think they will be fixed. I waited one year in the hope that items for which the game was sold would be fixed. But this is the status today:

- steam integration (to start the game you have to deactivate steam overlay)
    - improved graphics ( maybe a little on some machine)
    - steam multiplayer (lags as hell)
    - matchmaking (does not connect and if it does it does not match)

Half of the veteran community has been life banned on the forum for reporting problems. In the meantime DMS has abandoned the game, without fixing any issue and is focusing on Call to Arms.
  32. Dec 22, 2015
    Rehashed version of an old game, barely any additions or improvements and major red flags with current developer interaction/apparent abuse of power on Steam official channels to enforce a lack of criticism.
  33. oso
    Jan 7, 2016
    Solid RTS with some flaws which you can tolerate if you're really into the WW2 genre. We played CoH in MP for a long time until we tryed out MoW:AS2 and then finally switched to it because its much more detailed and realistic. For large scaled WW2 battles with demanding micro management there is currently no other game that offers nearly an comparable experience.
  34. Dec 26, 2015
    The only thing new in this game is that there's a few more maps. 10/10 IGN.

Oh and there's a few new features. *Game of the Year Award*

Buy this only when it's on sale ($10 or less) and don't bother buying this if you've already played Men of War: Assault Squad.
  35. Feb 4, 2016
    does it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it reallydoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs textdoes it really needs text Expand
  36. Feb 9, 2016
    Men of war 2 è il miglior titolo di questo genere su piazza, ben superiore ai vari Company of Heroes e giochi del genere, quasi una simulazione del campo di Battaglia.
    Io preferisco giocarlo in Single Player, con le sue tantissime MOD, GSM su tutte e sono arrivato oramai a 1.600 ore di gioco.
  37. Aug 29, 2015
    First: this is real-real time strategy game... I think this game is not for all players. This game is not same company of heroes. This game for realy realy hard strategy players İf you think this game like a C O H please not buy it Men of War is realistic game Men of war for patient players.

1. Aug 6, 2014
    A great entry point to the series for those who have not played it before and also makes a solid addition to the collections of all longtime fans as long as they have even the faintest interest in playing with other humans rather than only the Artificial Intelligence.
  2. CD-Action
    Jul 25, 2014
    Isn’t it high time to stop resurrecting this stale series? [07/2014, p.60]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 8, 2014
    Solid realtime strategy focused on multiplayer. You'll enjoy it - unless you've played the first one. Almost nothing new has been added.