8.6

1. Apr 18, 2014
    Best experience with nice rig and some high end gpu, at night with headset and you will get in the world of Metro Last Light. Hours will pass and you will still want to search for more, few games keep me playing them for hours no end and even after finishing them going back to the start and setting difficulty up and chasing achievements.
  2. Apr 18, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is one of the most gorgeous, realistic, and overall enjoyable games I've ever played but it's needless to say that many things could have been greatly improved. Let's start with the voice acting. The accent of the Russians is so stereotypical. Though people say that you shouldn't play in Russian if you aren't, I would with your language's subtitles enabled. However, I do enjoy how you can hang around NPCs and listen to their conversations. Nice touch. The combat is silky smooth and seamless, and I rarely had problems shooting up mutants and Reich. I love how they let you shoot your way through or go stealth, and both are usually valid options. The story isn't half bad, but the beginning hours are INCREDIBLY LINEAR. You follow someone or are holding hands with the game for those starting hours. However, even with these flaws, M:LL is a masterpiece, with great gunplay, gorgeous visuals, incredible environments, and realism that is unmatched in the genre. Expand
  3. Apr 4, 2014
    Even for a "rail shooter" this game is still mildly fun, especially with the stealth element. It's not very often that a game can blend both stealth play and traditional shooter play, Metro does not do this well, but it does do it better than others. The stealth aspect is very important to maintain because without making a headshot, you might as well be firing spitballs at the enemies. There are serious issues with balance when it comes down to it. Most of the guns just plain suck, they do pretty much close to zero damage, except the revolver of course. If you don't stack 3 of them as your weapons then you're basically putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. Grab 1 revolver for each; stealth, long-range, and short/mid-range, and you'll be set for the entire game. Besides the guns, there are numerous "thrown" items that you can use. You won't though, because that damn revolver dwarfs everything. It's always quicker to just shoot, even if you have to reload first. Besides the throwables, you also have the ability to knife. DO NOT EVER USE THE KNIFE. It is completely broken and horribly implemented into the game. You'll never stab where you're aiming; You'll always hit left or right of where you actually aimed, leaving the enemy free to ruin your face. Along with that, the animations for the stabbing are so jerky and sporadic that there is a curve to get used to the games horrible animations, just so you can used to the knifes horrible aim. I repeat, do not ever knife in this game unless you are stealth-killing someone.

The story and dialogue are, well, I can't comment on the story in full because the lack of play testing (or so I assume) is keeping me from completing the game. I'm stuck at the armored were-beast thing down in the catacombs with 1 good gun (the revolver), and two piles of sh!t (shotgun, and the so-called "best and most sought after AR in the Metro"), along with all the other useless weapons at my disposal. I carefully spend my time putting upwards of 300 bullets into the bosses face, only to be left to use my throwables, only then to be left to stab. Always resulting in my death. Again, this game has some serious balance issues. Bad as the issues are, I still want to complete the story and find out what the deal is with the overly affectionate Dark One that seems to have a boner for Art. As far as the dialogue is concerned, it's pretty bad. You remember back in grade school, when you had to read a paper in front of the class? And everyone always did it as quick as possible with absolutely no emotion? Yeah, the voice "acting" is that bad. The mouths don't even attempt to line up with the words coming out of them, but that's nothing new for video games.

The environments in the game are actually really good. Whether you're in the metro or above ground, there is an innate sense of immersion that they achieve. When you're crawling around underground you really feel like it's a subway; tight spaces, open exposed pipes, and bugs, TONS of bugs and webs really help bring the atmosphere to life in the otherwise droll grey colors in the metro. Above ground, there's a sense like at any moment the wrong footstep could unleash hell on your unsuspecting ass. Whether you're in the grasslands, the marsh, or wherever, the above ground environments really project a sense of desolation in a ruined world. The enemies above ground are great too, if only the guns did more damage. 8 shots to the face with a shotgun and you're still charging right for me? Give me a break, that's entirely unrealistic, even for fiction.

So what's the verdict? If you can get it for free or borrow it, definitely give it a try. I wouldn't pay any more $20 for it though.
  4. Mar 31, 2014
    This game has everything that a FPS should have- an excellent story,loads of shooting action,bit of stealth and a few features that makes you feel more involved in the game (such as wiping the blood off your mask etc). The game is worth the time and money you spend for it.
  5. Mar 27, 2014
    The 0's in this are a lie, meta critic is a lie in itself without needing to try to. It's too easy to write a negative review without needed to prove you own the game, so you end up having people that give the game a low score for the sake of it. Which defeats the purpose. If hey gave it a bad score but could link to own the game, then that's a different story and I respect that opinion, anyways onto the game
    Metro returns underground for a fascinating sequel to what I thought was easily better then most of the game that came out last year for me personally. This game has everything that made 2033 great and expanded on it in new ways. How new? More mutants. More guys with guns more weapons and more of everything. It essentially was my personal game of the year
    Without spoilers I can not go into the story,but for the most part it was well done and had some memorable sequences.
    The gunplay which was a huge criticism of the first game has been tweaked and feels better then ever in terms of how the guns feel and all that. There are also several new upgrades to weapons and the store system is in my opinion improved along with the return of the military grade bullets made it a blast to shoot people. But why shoot when you can stealth? The stealth has also been improved in this game with a light indicator on your watch to tell you how much time is left on your gas mask and if you are in the light or not. You can now also either kill people or knock them out, which leads to some interesting sequences later down the game but for spoilers I can not say.
    The world is also more vibrant now, if you thought 2033 was very brown and grey then this game is also very brown and grey but with some more colours in some sequences to make it stand out.
    The amount of new mutants in this sequel is also great as you now have to deal with light weakened spiders, giant shrimps and many more as well as some old friends who always want a bite of your flesh. The same can also be said about the humans who the Ai in this game is not quite as realistic but still nice, though some may disagree.
    There is also a degree of imagination that comes into play here because of how you can walk into a room full of dead people and imagine what has happened to them, kind of like being with Khan
    Speaking of khan he and several other characters are back form the original plus several new people who are also very interesting
    One final point is that this game is sad, and that they try to drown the sadness in boobies and strippers, but this game is rated R18 so no problems there
    Overall there is soo much done right here it is really hard to not recommend it. You should buy this now, right now and prepare for the time of your life
    On a side note, please play 2033 before as you would have a better understanding of the story
    Pros
    - everything from 2033 is here and improved
    - better guns and stealth
    - new and interesting mutants to come across
    - a more vibrant world with some cool affects
    - new and interesting characters that are funny and cool to be around
    - new and improved shop
    - story is a blast to play through
    - Generally scary and has great Atmosphere

Cons
    - Some may not like the sex scenes and Boobies that are present in one part of the game
    - I really wanted to play a 20 hour campaign (which means it was so great I wanted more)
    - Some sections the Ai do disappoint
    Playtime main game + Dlc: 22 hours
    Main game in one play though 13 hours but an extra 3 for playing certain missions again, but I can always replay again and again, and I will
    Dlc review is gonna be a separate review took me 6 hours but same as above
    Stay tuned for more review by me :)
  6. Mar 21, 2014
    **** gameplay, very poor story (and I liked the first one), slightly making up for it with some decent immersion.
    Still not enough to make it a good game.
  7. Mar 20, 2014
    Out of nowhere, Metro Last Light became one of my favorite games. I thought Metro 2033 was ok, but had too many bugs and other problems. In Metro LL, all that is fixed and improved and the game is simply incredible.

The graphics are outstanding. This game makes screenshots look like drawings. Very sharp, detailled textures, great lighting and shadows. Rain drops run down your gas mask
    (until you wipe the mask) and sunshine reflects in the rain drops. There's a really great atmosphere in the dark places, because of the realistic lighting. Even your watch is a light source that reflects off walls... and it displays your local time! Talk about love for details, the developers showed a lot of that. The character animations look better than in any other game I've played. I often just stopped to look at the beautiful surroundings.
    Surprisingly, the performance is also really good and the gameplay is very fluid without any loading times for textures or something like that, even on my average PC. The graphics engine is very, very well optimized.
    The highest graphics settings (especially SSAA) make little visual difference and require a lot of performance, so you can run the game on normal or high without missing anything.

The sounds and music support the graphics perfectly. When you're standing in a warehouse and it's raining, you can hear the rain falling on the corrugated iron and it feels like out of a movie. The music is sometimes slow and sometimes fast and always great, especially the guitar tunes.

Metro LL is oozing atmosphere. I was totally immersed in the game the whole time I played. I don't think there are two places that look the same. The environment keeps changing as you go through the story and it always looks great and fits the dark theme perfectly. Some of the locations will certainly give you the creeps. The levels are usually very linear, but often with different routes. Last Light is relatively short (about 15 hours), but that's much better than a longer game with repeating levels and content. These 15 hours will probably be among the best you've spent in a game and I already know that I'll play it many more times.
    During the game, you will also meet one of the most awesome and strange characters, but I don't want to spoil anything.

The game also runs natively on Linux and it's probably the best Linux game available so far.

It should be clear by now that Metro: Last Light is a fantastic game and I highly recommend it. If you haven't played it, switch off the lights and go play it now.
  8. Mar 18, 2014
    After purchasing Metro: 2033 almost a year ago and never actually completing the game due to its poor optimisation and constant frame rate problems, I was sceptical about buying Last Light. However, I can safely say after completing the game just minutes ago, Metro: Last Light is well worth your money and one of the best titles I've played this year.

I'll start off by saying that this
    game is probably at the peak of any list for 'most atmospheric' games, and I genuinely felt like I was in the Metro tunnels myself when playing it. With the gorgeous textures, lighting, animation and sound effects, it feels like a horror movie at times, you cannot beat the theme of this game. Although I was forced to play with PhysX off, 'normal' textures and low anti aliasing (even using a GTX 780), the game was still amazing in terms of visuals. Compared to Metro: 2033, the optimisation seems much improved, although there were times I had major frame rate drops and I did have to follow some YouTube tutorials to fix things like field of view and switch the game to DX9 for better performance. Inside tunnels and 'smaller' areas I was getting around 60-100fps, but outside in the stormy weather conditions it could drop to around 30-40fps, still playable however.

In terms of the storyline, this was also surprisingly captivating and beat my expectations. The game does follow directly from Metro: 2033, so it's worth either playing that game or at least reading up/watching gameplay for what happened at the end of it. I won't spoil anything, but I can at least say the game captured me emotionally and I ended up playing Metro: Last Light through the night, that's how eager I was to find out what happens with the story. There are many storylines for FPS games that are often repetitive and tedious, but this game with its creepy atmosphere and incredible immersiveness will not leave you bored. The game also offers multiple ways to approach each mission, whether you go in all guns blazing or use stealth. I'd highly recommend taking the stealth route though, you'll save on ammo.

As far as negatives go, there are a few issues with the game. As I mentioned earlier, the game does cause frame rate drops and will definitely eat up your GPU if you're playing on PC. I own a GTX 780 myself which is a very expensive GPU, and even I struggled at times to run this, so I feel sorry for anyone using a lower end GPU. The game also felt at times like it was too easy. I played the game on 'normal' difficulty so I wasn't expecting it to be impossible. However, at times I was standing right in front of an AI enemy and apparently I was completely hidden from sight. There was also an abundance of ammo laying around as well as gas mask filters... not once did I run out of equipment or ammo. Last of all, I would have also liked to see some additional settings in the options menu. For such a highly graphical game on PC, it stupidly lacks things like a FOV slider, or a button to turn off motion blur... in general the settings lacked so much depth.

Overall the game is a definite buy if you're an FPS fan or just want something to immerse yourself in for around 10 hours. I definitely look forward to another game in this series, hopefully with better optimisation next time!
  9. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is awesome: great visuals, top-notch gameplay, super responsive controls, immersive story and universe, tons of achievements, high replay value. Just got glued and intend to replay to get the alternate ending, more achievements and complete the various side missions that came with the DLCs. A must.
  10. Mar 17, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is a satisfying first person shooter; yet it is way too much on rails to be a stellar game. It sort of reminds me of Bioshock Infinite; a great story, so-so game play, and the cutscenes takes over too much in order to progress the story. Still, there is something satisfying in enter a room in the cover of darkness and dispatching the enemy off one by one; a la Batman. However, that is in the underground where it is safe to breath. The missions above ground forces you to scrounge for extra filters for your gas masks (or you'll die very quickly), and fending off several versions of mutated beasties that come at you continuously. This gameplay is more stressing than fun. Further, the amount of creatures that you deal with can be overwhelming. At one point, while waiting for a ferry, I set the difficulty level to easy because the horde of creatures coming at me had me dying about six times before I said enough was enough. A better menu system in switching your bombs and claymores would have been appreciated. The encounters with these creatures are less than satisfying than compared to the human enemies. Still, Metro gives a better number of different enemies to fight than Bioshock Infinite. Again, a good game that satisfy the shooter urge. Just expect a storyline on rails that takes over a bit too much. Expand
  11. Mar 16, 2014
    Beautiful and Deep history...waiting next game from 4K games. Great Stealth, solid gameplay. A great mixture of dark fantasy(not horror). If wanting some good FPS or Stealth(if you prefer), Metro all way up.

One of beatufiul good looking game up to now, great texture, on max settings its really amazing.
  12. Mar 16, 2014
    Как я только запустил игру,мне сразу всё стало понятно, (в плане геймплея).Иногда в игре были проблемы с физикой И.и.Игра очень атмосферна, есть хорошие и плохие моменты.Графика айс играл на ултра настройках всё понравилось, только бы полигонов побольше.С сюжетом тоже,всё ясно и понятно только я не увидел в игре развязку.ставлю девятку, только из за физики и багами со стрельбой.
  13. Mar 13, 2014
    This a better game than it's predecessor, specially in it's gameplay. The combats are much more realistic now, if you shoot to the head your enemies are definitely going to die, and the monsters are much easier to kill, which doesn't mean that the game has become easier. Now, we have a more vary selection of weapons, which can be upgrade with different types of scopes, silencers, extended barrels, lasers sights, etc. The grapich system has improved a lot, it's better optimized and you can personalize the grapichs options, but the grapichs quality remains the same. The game has lost something very important, it's essence. Metro is known for being a survival-horror/ psychological terror game with few Call of Duty moments. Now, Last Light, is more focused in the action moments than in making the player feel scare and tense. The storyline is worst than Metro 2033. We spent most of the time killing Nazis or Communists. And again the game is very lineal, we can't explore all the beautiful scenerios that the game offers. It could have been a great game but the designers forgot that this game is a survival-horror, not a Call of Duty game Expand
  14. Mar 11, 2014
    Escribi una critica mas larga, pero no me la acepto y la perdí... Así que Simplemente sublime!!
    En todos los sentidos, sus errores no alcanzan para quitarle brillo al que para mi es el mejor FPS que he probado desde el Half-Lif 2 (salvando las enormes distancias obvio), porque me hizo rejugarlo incansablemente... Buscando el final bueno, aunque son muchos requisitos para desbloquearlo,
    juro que los voy a logar!!

Saludos y jugarlo y discfutarlo en PC...

La jugabilidad pulidicima! Los gráficos bestiales (dicen que iguales o mejores que Crysis, no lo probé por sus bajas notas) y un apartado sonoro enorme, con sus fallos minimos, pero enorme y muy variado...

Un 10!
  15. Mar 4, 2014
    I accidentally stumbled upon Metro 2033 in a sale and instantly fell in love. Since then I have been waiting impatiently for the sequel. I just got a chance to pick up and play Last Light over the weekend, and I love it as much as the first, although for different reasons. I'll try to be as vaguely specific as possible as to not spoil the first or last game for anyone, but you should be able to look up what I'm talking about with the details I've provided.

I will start off with probably my biggest disappointment, and something that nagged me the entire game, something I had a really hard time coming to grips with: if you gathered enough moral points from the first game to get the alternate "good" ending, that did not carry over to Metro LL. In LL, it is assumed you got the standard, or "bad", ending in Metro 2033, the ending you get if you collect no moral points. As someone who tried very hard to get the moral points and get the alternate ending, the plot for Metro LL went on as if I did the bad ending. People talked to me as if I did the bad ending. The little one talked to me as if I did the bad ending was particularly painful. To someone who didn't want to do the "bad" ending in Metro LL (and didn't!), this bothered me the whole game. There are certain points in the game where they really tried to make you feel guilty about the "bad" ending in Metro 2033. This was especially irksome because I went through the work to get the "good ending". As a programmer I understand how much extra work would have went into essentially programming two separate dialogue and paths through the game based on choices from the previous game, but I somewhat feel that if you go through the trouble of building in a moral point system to encourage players to really think about their decisions, you're sort of throwing out all your work if you ignore the influence of the player's decisions in the next game. Again, this may not bug you as much as me, but as someone who really gets into games, this bothered me.

Other than that, this game had mostly positives. Probably the most positive was learning about Artyom before the nuclear war, and the general fleshing out of the Metro universe.

Probably the most improved aspect of the game in my opinion was the stealth gameplay. The addition of a takedown as well as the easier stealth maneuvering (on normal mode) really made the game more enjoyable for me. I'm a stealth gameplay novice and I could never seem to get the sneaking around down in Metro 2033. I had no problems this time around. Perhaps this will seem like less of a challenge for some, but this really improved my gaming experience.

Another thing I enjoyed was the morality points system. I play games to enjoy the story and interaction, and I feel like the morality points made a lot more sense this time around. I still played through with a morality point guide, but things like trying not to kill people and exploring to flesh out the story get you moral points this time around. It is, what I think, the moral point system was supposed to be: try to make moral decisions and try to learn as much as you can. I felt like Metro 2033 had a lot of weird ways to get moral points that I would never think of on my own. I feel confident I could play through LL again next time without a moral point guide and still get the good ending because the point system makes much more sense than it did in Metro 2033. YMMV, of course.

I enjoyed the filter system a lot more in LL (gas mask filters were much more plentiful), and I liked the minimal HUD system (no readout of remaining ammo in clip, etc). Limited ammo reserves for the Thiar were a pain because I love that gun, but overall I enjoyed the other upgrades to the weapon system (carrying a pneumatic weapon and shotgun weapon, for instance).

I enjoyed some of the more adult content in Metro LL, but not all of it. At some times there was bouncing and other movement that looked unnatural and was distracting.. in a bad way. I am no prude, and I love vice and debauchery as much as the next guy, but I am on the fence about sex in video games. I feel it can add a lot if done correctly, but it can be in very poor taste and distracting if not done correctly. I feel like there was some of both in LL. 4A definitely deserves credit for trying because in today's gaming landscape it's still a risky move. Some of the things were pretty over the top by US standards (though, they would be just after primetime television in some European countries), and the ones that were done tastefully added a ton of value to the game (when Anna talks about "feel[ing] alive", for instance).

Overall, I really enjoyed the game play of Metro LL. Ignoring the decisions of the first game will always be a stumbling block to me enjoying the game fully. I just hope there will be another Metro game that continues the moral ending of Metro LL.
  16. Mar 3, 2014
    I am 5 hours into the game and I am playing a Stealth playthrough. There isn't much challenge at all. The AI doesn't seem to notice me if I am 2 feet away from them and they are staring at me, it's only if I turn on my lighter that they can see me. I shoot out the lights in a room behind 2 guards while they are patrolling and they don't take notice of the noise of the light bulbs breaking, when they turn around when patrolling back and the lights are shot out they don't take notice.

It is way too easy to get a stealth kill. You just wait until there is no light shining directly on you and that is it, just press V while directly behind the soldier. As I said earlier, it doesn't matter how close you are to the soldier; no light shining right on you, you've got yourself a kill. You could be in a big room with 12 soldiers in it, all armed to the teeth. You go to the fusebox, which is easily accessible and turn it off; now most of the lights are gone. Stealth kills galore. All enemies dead without firing off a shot, your knife does the job.

I have passed 4 such rooms, where there are 10+ enemies, but I didn't find a challenge; period. After clearing the first room I restarted the game and selected Normal-Hardcore difficulty (from Normal-Normal) because I wanted a challenge, but I don't find the game more challenging. The only challenging parts are when you are above ground and you have fight to fight some of the dark ones (and other enemies). But these moments are rare.

I give the game 3 points for it's atmosphere, graphics and a good story from what i've seen of it. But I don't feel like completing the game because I have found no difficulty so far. I know I can choose to play guns blazing and then the game could be difficult, but I prefer a Stealth playthrough. That is why I want out of the game and so this is how I am reviewing the game.
  17. Mar 1, 2014
    A great, highly polished FPS. Beautiful graphics and amazing game play/story. A must have for FPS fans, you will not regret it. You can pick it up on sale at the Humble Bundle Store, so get it cheap while you can!
  18. Feb 21, 2014
    Beautiful, interesting game. If you`re wondering if the DLCs are worth of buying - just skip them. GRAPHICS This game has its moments, some even make you believe you`re watching the real thing. The best effects are smoke and lights, the actual textures aren`t that good, It might be the prettiest game I ever played I think. MUSIC and STORY Where Metro : Last Light shines is the story. The player comes close to his protagonist and stays with his adventures. It`s not the best there is, there are some copy and paste moments but that didn`t dissatisfy me. It`s very creepy underground aswell as in the city blocks. The monsters look great and give you goosebumps. All of it creates this dense atmosphere if danger and death everywhere. You are just a human crawling through tunnels, running from monsters, trying to survive. All of the maps are good and some of them, especially on the outside make up for some very powerful moments.
    Unfortunately the ending of the story is very weak and unsatisfying but I could live with relatively bad 30 minutes of what otherwise was a great believable world and story. I never was bored for a moment.

GAMEPLAY
    It has some rough edges here and there. I beat the game in the Ranger Mode, so I didn`t know how much ammo I had, the interface was just too coarse. Other times I died not because of lack of skill or concentration but because I was meant to. There are some moments for example where you have to lookout or you fall in the green water - it was really iritating. There are some scripts that I don`t like but nothing that would kill the gameplay. Overall it is nice, much better than in Metro 2033 but sometimes I felt that the game was too rough on me. Nonetheless the savegame checkpoints are well positioned so the troublesome moments went away fast so I could enjoy the story.
    I have to say that the stealth gameplay is too fantastic - the AI is just too stupid for that. You stand in a shadow and AI acts like nothing ever happened. Other times in shootouts it just stands or crouches in one spot and waits until you kill it. Not too bad but not great either.
    Because of the gameplay I couldn`t give the game anything more than 8/10.

It has to be said that my singleplayer campaign I went through in nearly 11 hours which is above average nowadays.

The DLCs are uninteresting and make no good additions to the core game which however is very good on its own.

So to sum it all up, I think it is a great game that falls short in some areas so it`s not a GOTY material. Maybe next Metro.
  19. Feb 15, 2014
    Where to start with this game... Graphics is really badly obtimized. AI is dumb as hell. User Interface is screwd up, what game forces you to pause the game to be able to throw a granade?? The stealth system is **** up, just stay in a shadow and no one can see you, even if you stand right in front of them. EVERYTHING is coded to happen, you can stealth around, and when you reach a point, everyone suddenly reacts to you...
    Exploration is useless, there are no exploration. Everything is on tracs from A to Z. What you find in the different rooms is.... wait for it... Nothing. Maybe a few bullets, but you dont need them. You get enough from people you kill.
    The acting is just subpar, but I will accept it. The story is Ok.
    The shooting is subpar, bad feedback and uninteresting.

Only buy this game on sale. And even then, only forr the interested.
  20. Feb 14, 2014
    La continuacion de un libro fabuloso
    si te gusto el Metro 2033, a que
    esperas necesitas este juegaso.

Buena historia,buenos controles,
    graficos sorprendentes y un
    physx que te dara unas fisicas
    sorprendentes.

A matar mutantes!!
  21. Feb 11, 2014
    Its really great game. best fps game i have ever played. Metro Last Light has great Story. its heart touching. and also musics and graphics awesome. it makes feeling we are actually living in metro.
  22. Feb 9, 2014
    Just my Opinion: Graphics 5 from 10 (first time see so bad optimisation, many games with MUCH better graph needs less resources and run smoothly) Game play 7 form 10 (nothing special) Atmosphere 6 from 10 (it's more poor try of Doom...) Story 7 from 10 (nothing special) And again too way EASY... I don't know how this takes 8+, it gives nothing new, nothing special, not optimised at all, glitched graphics, heavy on resources, too way easy, standard story, standard game play, standard atmosphere (more copied from DS and Doom) atc... Shortly nothing special. 5-6 from 10 maximum for this.
    Bad it's impossible to refund this... (if it's possible to call it game at all)
    Maybe someone will like it, but I can't recommend it.
  23. Feb 8, 2014
    Я не любитель постапокалиптических вселенных, но вторую часть Метро прошел с нейтральным интересом. Отчасти пришлись по вкусу стелс-элементы, дескать, возможность тактично пройти определенный момент игры. Куда больше же понравилась чисто русская атмосфера подземок, а вместе с ней и узнаваемые московские пейзажи. В остальном игра типична для шутера среднего уровня. Всё это мы уже видели.
  24. Feb 6, 2014
    The intense and unique atmosphere brought by the dark metro seen like never before along with a great written storyline and apocalyptic landscapes of the ruin of Moscow makes of this game a truly masterpiece.Graphically this game looks amazing.Also sounds can be very creepy at some points.Metro Last Light and 2033 are not just two simple FPS games, they are pieces of art.
  25. Feb 2, 2014
    This game is literally EPIC ! Wayyy better than Metro 2033. Locations are great and much more diverse than it was in first game. Soundtrack is awesome, voice acting is great with 2-3 exceptions. Graphics are......speachless. But what is truly breathtaking in this game, is lighting. Best I ever saw in a game. I was o-O" The end worth every minute spent in the game. Don't miss this gem !

Respect developers ! Buy this game and support developers that a put soul in their games and not only desire for money.
  26. Jan 17, 2014
    Anybody who has actually played this game and given it a score of 6 or under is probably a little insane, or they didn't get enough love from their mother when they were young. This game, as well as Metro 2033, get the highest score I've ever given out --- a 9. I can't give it a 10 because as pointed out, some of the AI is a bit off and there are a few inconsistencies ... plus I would have loved to see a "lean" mechanism for stealth. Still, for atmosphere, story, immersion, shooting mechanics graphics (awesome detail),etc. it would probably rate a 10. When you stop and consider the budget and the conditions under which these guys worked under, especially in Metro 2033, you just can't help applaud what they've been able to create. This game will suck you in, chew you up and spit you out and the larger gaming companies could really take note as to what makes a game good --- and it isn't MONEY. I ran the patched version for AMDs with the FOV tweak, I crashed 3 times total in the game and experienced no other bugs, maybe I was just lucky but this game was actually the least buggy game I played in 2013. As far as I'm concerned, this is my GOTY for 2013 ... yes, easily over bioshock infinite. You really have to wonder about who is slipping who money when it comes to "critic" reviews, because they rarely seem to have a clue. Expand
  27. Jan 16, 2014
    This is definitely the Ultimate First person shooter Experience.... We Wait for Call of Duty for a lot of time and what we get is garbage...... this is the only game that gets you involved in it... the story is just too well made... can't say much about the graphics and sound... etc its well.... good enough . you should prepare yourself for this one..... i was very disappointed to finally finish the game.... just too stunning. a Must play for all gamers Expand
  28. Jan 13, 2014
    Great game. I liked Metro 2033 more, but this one is also good.

+graphics,gameplay, atmosphere, story

-too many cutscenes

Next Metro game need more open world/sandbox exploring of the ruins of Moscow.
  29. Jan 12, 2014
    I have been playing games for many years and in a world of dime a dozen fps games, the metro series does not disappoint. The characters and story is fresh and sucks you into the world that has been so beautifully crafted with wonderful attention to detail. I loved playing every second of last light and is definitely part of myall time greats. I eencountered one or 2 bugs in the game regarding cut scenes and stalled Ai, but they can be forgiven due to o everything else being great.

If you have some time and a nice rig that you can run it on maxed out, then I'd highly recommend last light, it is a roller coaster ride and will keep you begging for more
  30. Jan 7, 2014
    Standards for game criticism are very very low. When I see that this game has an 80/100, I can't believe it. But then I realize that gamers generally have bad taste, which is why they are gamers in the first place. If you work at an IT job in Minnesota, eat Taco Bell and drink Mountain Dew every free hour you have instead of make a life for yourself, I can guess that your powers of analysis are pretty poor. So it makes sense that you people pretty much disregard the terrible voice acting, which made anyone passing by my computer laugh. You seem to think that this game was any sort of challenge; the AI both human and mutant were idiotic as well as lacking diversity. Lack of diversity usually makes things tedious, if you didn't notice. Was no one paying attention to the story? Easy, because there wasn't much to pay attention to, not to mention such a rushed, lackluster ending. A lot of the important details are revealed through journals and not in the main dialogue. Did I mention that the dialogue is spoken in the most stereotypical accents imaginable. It is so poorly developed, and essentially any big reveals, twists and developments are inconsequential. And to call this game original is to completely forget a game that was far superior, Fallout.

I simply don't get it. With a game so tedious, uninspired, and lazily written, how could anyone find this entertaining. I finished it out of sheer duty and because I paid for it. I sincerely wish that gamers take their games more seriously and demand more out of their favorite past time, because if they don't, they'll continue to be spoon fed crap like this. Now, I can go back to hibernating until Half-Life 3 comes out.
  31. Jan 5, 2014
    Currently, Metro Last Light is the best game I have ever played. Everything flows good and it is such an addicting game. The game has a great story, a variety of weapons to chose, and a great atmosphere that sends chills down your spine, but there is some cons of this game. The game is very short, with me beating it within 8 hours, which kinda sucks because its such a good game, but there's DLC for the game which adds more campaigns to it, and that's awesome. If you're into stealth First Person Shooters, then you should definitely pick this game up, you won't regret it. Expand
  32. Jan 3, 2014
    Great atmosphere and awesome storyline. The shooting mechanics have improved greatly from 2033 although there are some parts where you'll find yourself completely out of ammo. You'll be forced to melee in stupid scenarios but that's the only issue I had with this game. Not worth removing a point because the overall game was outstanding.
  33. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I had bought this game sooner. To enhance the game's experience, play this at night and be sure to turn the brightness down in the game. Play the game on the hardest mode possible, even on regular difficulty the ammo is too abundant and you could easily play through the entire game guns blazing. Expand
  34. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly? It's a fantastic game. The developers have created an immersive, creepy atmosphere accompanied by likeable characters (the few you meet) in a hostile environment. With danger lurking around most corners, it's important to stay on your toes as if you are caught unaware you may end up, well, dead.
    As for the story line, to match the atmosphere it is also very immersive. You get to know your character, and even though what he finished in Metro 2033 was wrong, you don't know that until the end of Metro: Last Light. The entire journey is enlightening and when it all ends it is truly heartbreaking, knowing that you'll never get to play as the character you've learned to like over the course of two games.
    All I can say now is that if you are looking for an immersive, atmospheric game that will surely creep you out (and even scare you), look no further than Metro: Last Light.
  35. Dec 29, 2013
    I am glad I waited before buying this for 16$. It is unbelievable the amount of scripted/linear gameplay. There is no exploring at all (reviewers blatantly lied on this one), the economy mechanic is pointless and hardcore mode is joke (monsters are not hard to beat mostly stand still and the AI does not even see me when I am clearly in their line of sight). A very poor game which the average gamer/reviewer will be hypnotized by the great graphics. Expand
  36. Dec 22, 2013
    Good game but all darkness and cinematics are boring.. lighter is useless.. darkness is too bad..i cannot find a way because of darkness..............
  37. Dec 15, 2013
    Excellent game. Fantastic graphics, sound and voice acting it top notch, controls are easy to pick up and master, great weapon customization system that's a huge improvement over the first game, and the story keeps you going. The atmosphere Metro: Last Light has created is one of the best post-apocalyptic settings I can ever remember (fallout 4 I hope you're taking notes). I can't for the life of me understand why people would give this a 0 rating, besides just being a troll. Picked it up on the steam black friday sales for less than $10 and couldn't be happier. Expand
  38. Dec 11, 2013
    Pretty impressed, actually. The game has the right combination of atmosphere, ideas, scare and balanced difficulty that makes it fun to play, plus I liked the plot and the characters. The only thing I didn't like is how tough combat sometimes gets, if you're not very careful and let enemies storm on you, you get quickly overrun, it's impossible to see the attacks and fight back because your vision gets blurred and cracked, your character just isn't capable of running properly, and you get killed off in moments. The weapons aren't helping because they are excruciatingly slow to reload and on some monsters it's like shooting void, but I think that's intended. You just have to be careful in fights and aim good, or you're fried.
    Overrall I wouldn't call it a work of genius, but it exceeded my expectations, it's one of the few games I actually replayed after I finished it.
    p.s. And it has sex cutscenes!!!
  39. Dec 8, 2013
    I was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apo and FPS games, this one is for you! Expand
  40. Dec 8, 2013
    Really cool setting and interesting characters. The gameplay is really fun and shooting is an absolute pleasure, great graphics and soundwork all around. One of my top 5 games of the year
  41. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing graphics, atmosphere, sound, and storyline. Some of the best I've ever experienced for that matter. If the game were less linear, and the AI a bit smarter, I would have given it a 10.
  42. MrZ
    Dec 7, 2013
    This is an awesome story-driven shooter. The story is compelling, and the game play unique. If you're looking for a game that will give you a good story and some FPS action, this is definitely the game to buy. After playing it, It is now one of my favorite games. I would most certainly recommend buying it.
  43. Nov 21, 2013
    I enjoyed Metro Last Light however I feel that it could have been an expansion for Metro: 2033 because both the gameplay as well as the graphics are almost the same. There are a little too many cutscenes where the game holds you hand and just lets you watch or maybe tells you to rapidly press a button. I feel as if there are more of that compared to the original Metro 2033. You can make a few smaller choices of strategy and customize your weapon load out but that's it. All in all the game is exiting even though, like I said, it's very linear. It's also beautiful to look at given your PC can handle it. Expand
  44. Nov 17, 2013
    Very good story and combat is fantastic, but some parts of the game are unnecessarily hard, and ammo unreasonably scarce
    Needs a few improvements, but still quite a good game
  45. Nov 16, 2013
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Great game, graphics, story, everything. I can find no fault in this game at all.
    You should defo try this game. Also Metro 2033 is also brilliant and you should really try that one first just to lay the grounding. Unless you've read the book that it. But 2033 is well worth a play.
  46. Nov 13, 2013
    This is a great game. Don't listen to those rating low because it's on rails, so what. The combat is great, the story is nothing amazing but relevant. Just lock yourself up and play in a dark room with headphones on, its really nothing short of a top notch gaming experience. Gameplay is weak at the start due to the backstory slowly being revealed, but picks up great after the 2 hour mark. I did enjoy the "on-rails" segments though, as you can listen in on hundreds of conversations and interact with many objects for some entertainment.
    And for those criticizing the game because it is on rails. Not all games should give players complete freedom, considering this game is following a BOOK, it makes sense that exploration elements are limited. The devs are focusing on creating a strong engrossing story driven game and there is NOTHING wrong with that.
  47. Nov 13, 2013
    THE BEST FPS GAME OF 2013. This game finally changed the landscape of FPS games... Every graphic, every sound, every gameplay, and the story are well-crafted to become unique...
  48. Nov 11, 2013
    This was one of the most graphically demanding games I have ever played. Not to say that it does not play well, but a high end GPU would definitely compliment this game. I was overall very impressed with the graphics. I did not play Metro 2033 so I cannot compare the two in gameplay or story, but imo the story could have been better, much better. I did like the gameplay, for me the style of movement and shooting seemed original and not just another generic FPS. I was not impressed with some of the AI considering how much effort went into the graphics. There was just weapon attachments to make the few weapons you do get seem attractive. So other than the fantastic graphics I would give the rest of this game between a 6 and 7. Expand
  49. Nov 11, 2013
    Great game, a true masterpiece, if you are looking for a FPS like COD, this is not for you, but if you are looking for a deep and fantastic story then this is the game for you, the only issue i have with it is the fairly easy difficulty, it is far easier than 2033, which I feel is not a benefit to this game, part of the gaming experience should be the feeling of beating a challenging portion of the game. Otherwise a solid 9/10. Expand
  50. Nov 7, 2013
    Just buy and play this game, definetely a good game. I would rate it 95 even if the quality is not high end as Bioshock Infinite or Games like that. It managed to create an awesome atmosphere and gameplay. I had a lot of fun with this one.
  51. Nov 6, 2013
    The developers of this game have paid much attention to details. Graphics are simply amazing and I'd say among the best you can get at the moment. It also supports 3D Vision, making it even more immersive. Combat/gun play, feels very organic. Sound effects are great. Sneaking (including silent take-downs with melee or throwing knives) instead of just shooting is possible too most times.
    I
    can't say anything bad about this game, except maybe that sneaking was too easy. If you liked Metro 2033 you'll like this too. Expand
  52. Nov 6, 2013
    I gave the game 9 and that's only because i never give 10, but this game just get it and you are on for a ride that you'll never forget, ever, true art on all levels
  53. oso
    Nov 5, 2013
    Technically the most impressive game i have played for years. Gameplay factors like sneaking options and gunplay have improved and feel quite realistic. Atmosphere is dense as it should be, sadly the story is not as good as metro 2033s. Have to admit that the 'Ranger Mode' and other DLC crap for extra cash is a goddam joke and should not be tolerated so at launch i was quite pissed of and waited with purchase for the game price to drop. Expand
  54. Nov 5, 2013
    The gameplay and graphics are good but not special. The great thing about it is the story which is immersing and intense. The atmosphere is dark and pure terror. This alone makes the game worth buying.
  55. Nov 4, 2013
    This is the most beautiful and immersive first person campaign I've played in years. Plug in a controller, sit back in the couch and enjoy this game on a large TV. Highly recommended!
  56. Oct 29, 2013
    The game has proper story. The ending is quite powerful, but leaves some question.

I really like the concept of the game, especially about how damage can damage your mask, and how you can't stand for long in open terrain and have to search for filters and better gas masks. This game would be so much better if it is open terrain, and have random weather effects, as opposed to scripted
    weather effects.

The weapons of this game are great, though some of it are useless. 90% of the fight are done indoors in close range, you will never use those long rifles, in my opinion. The mods used to the weapons are also good.

The enemies are only divided to two types mutants and humans. The humans are lousy shooters, the mutants put up a much better fight, not to their skill but due to their much better durability and the lack of your ammunition. I can tell that the challenge of this game is not to kill your enemy, but how to kill your enemy with as low ammunition as possible, hence one of the game's advices is "Try stealth approach"

Stealth approach is also rewarding. Violent approach is NOT easier, because ammunition is really hard to get. This game gives two options, but heavily favors the stealth approach. I don't like that. But in the end, a great, near-perfect game.
  57. Oct 28, 2013
    Pretty sure the positive reviews are fakes. Or else I'm completely lost. Just ignore the +s review. Story is terrible. Characters are terrible. Gameplay is terrible. Environment atmosphere is decent.

Game-play shooting at blob-things until they fall over. Unbelievably bad boss fights. Unbelievably bad last fight. Best part about this game is the cover art.
  58. Oct 28, 2013
    I dont quite understand why anyone could give this game low ratings, the storyline is immersive and interesting, the stealth is fun (although at times a tad bit easy) the combat is good on ranger mode but feels too easy on regular, and the game is highly addictive. I have heard some say they are angry its not free roam but this is a ridiculous reason not to like a game. Half life wasn't free roam and open world and i loved it. Plus metro isn't S.T.A.L.K.E.R so stop trying to make it be. One word of warning though, THE SPIDERS ARE FRIGGING RETARDED. aside from that its a great game especially in today's age of generic shooters. Expand
  59. Oct 27, 2013
    I rarely write reviews, but Metro last light has compelled me to do so. I hope perhaps one other player may play this great game as a result, or one of the developers (who labored in awful conditions apparently to make this) takes heart that someone else really appreciated their efforts. It isn't perfect, but it is really worth taking the time to play. Its' greatest achievement is giving you an incredible sense of play, the metro world is so rich, not since the original bioshock have I enjoyed being in a game world so much. Wiping rain off you gas mask, pumping your flashlight to charge, and other such features really make you feel as if you are in this post apocalyptic future. Characters are good, with a few good twists, and the bad bits (falling into water, mutants a bit lame, so balance issues) are far outweighed by the good. Give it a go! Oh, and for me it was unplayable until I found the vsync option. Expand
  60. Oct 26, 2013
    This is one of my favorite 2013 games.

PROS: Amazing graphics, varied environments, good story and spectacular atmosphere. It actually makes you feel that you live the life of a metro citizen.

CONS: Some AI issues and stealth problems

This is a must own game
  61. Oct 25, 2013
    Okay I'm gonna level with you guys I was holding tight to my controller because its so scary really I have never seen a game this immersive and after the disappointing review from IGN I wasn't expecting much well I was wrong and for the second game by a Ukrainian developer I hope metro becomes a full fledged series.
  62. Oct 22, 2013
    Definitely a must have!!The story is great graphisms are awesome I want more!!!!!
    A long time I wait for a game like this one I hadn't take so much pleasure from Half Life 2!!!
  63. Oct 22, 2013
    This is like the biggest letdown of a game in years. I'm glad I didn't bother giving you one red cent for it, after 10 minutes of play, I can see the way you described the game was a total lie. Most linear crappy game I've played in quite some time. Even more disappointing than Final Fantasy 13 for the xbox, and that's really saying something. 4A games should just shut down if they are gonna pump this type of poorly textured crap out. How dare you compare yourselves to an awesome game like Fall out for sales. I've seen classes at my college produce better looking and better playing games. Expand
  64. Oct 15, 2013
    I would say this game barely, barely makes the cut, certainly worth it if you can find it for under $10 but otherwise, don't bother. Game play is short and the overall experience is uneven. There are simply too many moments spent trying to figure out what the level designers are trying to get you to do to move through a section, too many over-powered opponents for no good reason, and too many moments where the game takes over to move you on rails to the next event. All of that absolutely ruins the game by pulling the player entirely out of the experience and that's a real shame as the graphics are stellar, the voice acting adequate and the atmosphere foreboding. But invariably, every time you start to get drawn in by the story, the art and the action, something happens to pull you right back out. It's unfortunate. I think the best test for me of what separates a great game from a mediocre one is this: would I go back and play it again, even just part of it? No chance for Metro: Last Light; while it does have a few flashes of brilliance, the game play is ultimately just too disjointed. Expand
  65. Oct 12, 2013
    I finished this in a week. It is the best looking PC game I have and I didn't mind that it railroaded me everywhere. I played through on Ranger mode because that is the way it is meant to be played and it really is a great experience, so far my favourite game for 2013.
  66. Oct 11, 2013
    I love the setting of Metro games. But I can only say Last Light is a notch above average. Visually it's looks good, the sound quality is well done, and the story is fantastic. But it really breaks down in gameplay. This is more of a game where the devs want you to see how good looking they made this game instead of "Hey, we want you to have a ton of fun!". Going through out this game is both extremely linear and extremely slow paced. While I get that an underground subway system is supposed to be linear, even on the surface the path is incredibly narrow. Much of the story is told, as in the first, from a companion that travels with you through the majority of the game. You follow them through the tunnels of surface areas as they guide you along delivering whatever part of the story they're meant to convey in a precise and deliberate manner. These slow paces are broken up but closed area combat sequences that play out more like a multiplayer match then a single player shooter. You take your slow pace through the tunnels to an area full of enemies, you pretty much have to kill em all to progress (some you can sneak around, but task requires a lot of patience..to much for a game touted as a shooter, tho it it is a necessity at higher difficulty levels), and then it's back to more tunnels. Some of the combat instances are pure arena style, you in a small space forced to fights hordes of enemies and often one big boss. Sadly this slow tunnel travel then fast paced arena gun battle just doesn't work for me. It's deliberate and there';s nothing that offers a balance between the two the entire game. Expand
  67. Oct 9, 2013
    After playing half playthrough on Metro 2033 I concluded it have potential because of nice atmosphere, but gameplay was pretty dull so was not worth to play whole game. When Metro Last Light was announced I was really excited and hardly wait for release because I hoped they made game with same atmosphere but improve everything bad from 1st game! OH! What a mistake. They created bad atmosphere this time and made bad gameplay even worse. Do not believe good reviews here because most of 10's and 9's are from people with only this 1 review. Somebody was busy opening MC accounts. So, do not check metascore. Try before buy rather!!! Expand
  68. Oct 7, 2013
    Linear. Corridor. Shooter. Onrails. Scripted. Easy. These are some of the words I'd use to describe Metro: Last Light. However, none of those words necessarily mean you're going to have a particularly bad or boring experience, if done correctly which these developers have clearly done. This is a notable improvement on the first game, with more satisfying gun-combat, and an incredibly well-presented murky world, that in my opinion is not far off the attention to detail you see in something like Bioshock Infinite. The story arc was a bit tough for me to follow, being that I never finished the first game, but still you don't need to worry as Artyom narrates the basics through the loading screens and there are notes you can access to catch up. Add that to a rich amount of NPC conversations you can eavesdrop on, and there's certainly more to this shooter than just shooting at monsters. Actually, that's one of the areas that I wasn't satisfied with. The monsters you fight are far less fun that when stealthily trying to take out guards or goons. Mostly, the monsters just charge you very quickly, you fire some shotgun rounds and they're dead. The only other thing to raise issue with, is the major lack of freedom there is to either make any kind of meaningful decisions, or to move about. It's literally like being on a beautifully-crafted fairground ride, more so than other games in this genre. Had the player been given slightly more freedom to explore or do things off the beaten track then this game could have been a 9+. Still, I heartily recommend checking out this game that is if you like your action served onrails. Expand
  69. Oct 2, 2013
    Too bad a good game was ruined by the lack of ammo and filters.Sorry metro but I am not that guy who redo the whole chapter after almost completing it ,due to silly things like the lack of ammo and filters.I have completed about 65% of the game,it is about 7/10 until I reached chapters with the problem I described above.This why I deleted it and gave it only 5/10
  70. Oct 1, 2013
    Just as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've had in a long time.

The graphics on a high-end machine are superb. The best FPS I've ever seen, even besting Crysis 3. Gameplay is really a lot of fun. Only bad point is the story is extremely disjointed an really hokey in some points. I don't know if there was something lost in translation, but some of the dialogue is really corny, and full of non-sequetors. Some of the technology and plot devices are pretty unbelievable, but this is post-apocolyptic video game, so I'm not going to quibble.
  71. Sep 29, 2013
    It's a lot like the first Metro, both in redeeming qualities and in flaws.

Its story-telling ability is strong. At least one major surprise motivates Artyom's views on the competing factions in the game, and grabs the player's sympathy. The trouble is the various factions Artyom deals with are not really believable. As characters, they're too cartoony and not well-motivated. This wasn't
    as much a problem in the first game, but in this one it's more central to the plot, which is a problem. I would have preferred for the lore to paint a more morally grey picture.

The graphics are much better, and the bleak setting is oddly beautiful. A lot of effort went into the map design. I wish they hadn't added background music to the combat, as that takes away from the atmosphere. It would have been better to leave the odd radio running in the distant room like the first Metro did.

The combat is a bit more fluid than the first one, but also much easier. I beat the game once so far, and I switched the difficulty to hardcore early in my playthrough because normal was too easy. Even on hardcore Artyom can withstand a grenade blast and more than twice as many hits as enemy humans. Your worst enemy in the game is, as usual, lack of gas masks. IMO, they're a little bit too scarce, and you can't stop to enjoy the scenery when you're running towards the next filter.

Overall I don't regret my purchase, and I hope Deep Silver makes more of these games. However, I wish the game had a bit more RPG elements. A few side-quests would really add a lot.
  72. Sep 26, 2013
    Just when the I thought the graphics of Metro: 2033 was insane; Metro: Last Light does one better. Don't be fooled by the people who complain they can't get 60+ FPS with max settings. The developers have really pushed the graphics to next generation and it shows. The AI is vastly improved (still room for improvement) and the compelling story of the game continues. This game is a must have.
  73. Sep 23, 2013
    A phenomenal game the vastly improves on many of the flaws from the last game. The graphics are some of the best I've ever seen and the atmosphere is the best post-apocalyptic atmosphere ever. The story is also amazing. An excellent game.
  74. Sep 22, 2013
    I really appreciate its commitment to atmosphere, and it looks beautiful, but really its generic and predictable. Way too linear and it has this repetitive pattern of fight the reds, then fight the mutants. Also, the mutants are pretty dumb and uninspired. I like the attempt at plot but it also strikes me as pretty formulaic, man struggles to find a justification for survival. I was gonna give a 6 but I'm giving a three to counteract the fake reviews (Seriously, knock it off). Expand
  75. Sep 21, 2013
    Last light is a notable, if flawed, follow-up to 2033. It succeeds at giving more of what 2033 gave us but falls short on some of the more engrossing features. LL manages to suck you into it's world and keep you entertained, through the first play through anyway. After you've seen everything once it's hard to sit through the lengthy story-on-rails sections. Unfortunately you no longer see the blurry edge of your gas mask or night vision and we still can't move bodies which is a big hit for a stealth game.

All things considered, LL is a great game, but a little more polish and attention to detail could have gone a long way.
  76. Sep 20, 2013
    A good game, but in retrospect I would not pay 50$ for this title. It's more like a cinematic movie with linear levels that offer any real choice to the user. You do get to go all over ruined Moscow, but there's never any real fear the game does a lot of hand holding and on later levels even highlights enemies for you through walls. I was low on ammo in just one level, everywhere else, there's ammo stashed around every corner and in very obvious places. Gas mask filters all over the place. At the end of the game I racked over 40 minutes of gas mask free time.

For a very dark game, the stealth part is fairly lacking you get one shot kills with throwing knives, and can put a silencer on just about anything, even shotguns. Enemies don't camp, don't use night vision, even if it is in the models. So stealth one hit kills are not a problem. When the battle does break out, it's really short, because 90% of the enemies have headlamps. Shoot the headlamp, I think I racked more headshots in this game than in any other game ever. Just aim for the lamp. All together, I enjoyed the dark gritty atmosphere until the supernatural stuff started to pop all over the place. This felt just wrong.
  77. Sep 20, 2013
    TLDNR: A prettier HalfLife 2 with a grittier ambiance and much more mature/adult content.

Metro: Last Light was an impulse purchase for me, and I started my game experience rather dubious about its prospects. I had read reviews saying "inconsistent difficulty" and "poor AI", but also "strong story".

The tutorial and first level or so didn't impress me, but dear lord does the story
    and intensity ever ramp up! My first playthough has been on Hardcore, and it's earning the name. The gameplay is intense and immersive. It's been a long time since a game has raised my heart rate like Last Light does.

Pros:
    Involving, mature story with adult themes and lots of background detail.
    An amazing amount of custom voice acting and animation.
    Although linear, has solid level design and no "infinite bad guys".
    Intense "survival horror" combat mixed with standard CoD type combat.
    Pretty good enjoyable stealth implementation.
    Oh my God, they're not kidding with the "Mature" rating! NOT FOR CHILDREN

Cons:

Not particularly innovative in gameplay mechanics. Experienced FPS players will recognize everything that comes along. Familiar isn't necessarily bad, though.

Quite linear. More like CoD than Bioshock. Personally this doesn't bug me, but several other reviewers have complained that the world isn't sandbox. It's not that kind of game.

In order to get my heart thumping, the game does occasionally throw multiple strong and fast opponents at me, while I have poor visibility or sight lines. Some may call this "inconsistent difficulty". Personally, I find the intensity and challenge to be a positive quality.

Had to turn off "Advanced Physics", it was lagging the game out. If you're having massive slowdown, turn off the Advanced Physics option in the GamePlay menu!

78. Sep 18, 2013
    Great game, great sequel to Metro 2033, although it does not quite live up to it's predecessor, still better then Bioshock Infinite.

If you are into story heavy FPS, get it BUT 1st play Metro 2033 or it will get confusing with references to the past game.
  79. Sep 17, 2013
    If you're a big fan of playing through the tutorials and prologues at the beginning of a game.. look no further. 7 hours of clicking on stuff when you're told to with a few minutes where you're allowed to walk forward at your own pace. Completely on rails.

Your choices don't matter. It's all scripted. There's no customization worth mentioning. If you're after a juiced up version of
    "Stalker" then that's not what this is.

Basically, it's a movie you click on. With that said, it's a clean game. No glitching, bugs, or any of that. Story is alright
  80. Sep 17, 2013
    A vast improvement over Metro 2033. Runs great, perfect gun play, full controller support, improved gameplay, more realistic facial expressions, and naked boobies. The game is not perfect, but it's damn close.
  81. Sep 16, 2013
    I really liked the game until the last two hours where it turned into some Call Of Duty gunz blazing shoot um up. All stealth went out of the window and where did the metro go? I thought this game was about being in the metro but the last hours of the game you were in these boring environments with terrible modern FPS gameplay. Not to mention the game braking bugs, I had to restart the chapter three times because the game bugged out to the point where I couldn't progress anymore. I don't know what the devs were thinking, why would you change the gameplay to a COD game for the ending. Expand
  82. Sep 16, 2013
    This game grabs you from minute one. I have experienced a very polished gameplay. everything you do feels the way you want to. So if you are into shooter/survival stuff, this is your game. Then there's the story which is just very interesting in my opinion. Often stories in games bore me, this one didn't. So in general this game is a must have. However, there are few things that could have been made even more interesting.
    1. Length. I finished singleplayer on normal in 16 hours. That could have been a little longer.
    2. Choices. The game would have been even more cool if you had a little more freedom regarding movement, places to explore etc. and the choices made in game that could lead to different endings.
    But hey as long as it lasts, this game will enjoy you to the max.
  83. Sep 12, 2013
    It is a long time since a played a shooter this tight, this beautiful, this deep, this engaging, this immersive and this atmospheric. If you like playing games get it now, if you like shooters get it yesterday.
  84. Sep 11, 2013
    Before anything, i must say that im disapointed not only with this game but with critics that seem to know not how to match their score with their review... Thanks to that, i bought this game... good thing I had a good discount...

Plainly... If you are like me and like post apocalyptic games, you should check Fallout for RPG, Stalker series for action with rpg elements and Rage for
    fps... IF however you want to waste money, buy this brand new, unpolished, empty attempt of a game of this genre.

Im sad because not only i feel cheated by the 8+ score critics gave to this game, i feel cheated for coming from a marvelous fps post apocalyptic game from Bethesda called Rage... Maybe you played and didnt like rage, fine. BUT if you didnt like rage, dont even consider playing this... Thousands of empty strings are given, you pull and at the end... nothing. You will end the game and ask yourself, "wtf? thats it?" no feeling of "damn man what am i gona do now?" or maaaan this game... this game... was EPIC" nope none of that.

Do you know those games with inumerous doors and NPCs in a city but none actually interact with you? ok so if that isnt bad enough, this game makes it worst by making them SEMI interact... let me explain.
    NPCs will be taking care of their affairs, many small situations that you would think "oh this might lead to something!" but it doesnt... i saw 2 maybe 3 sub quests? and none with relevant rewards, animations or anything whatsoever. It feels so unfinished... like they started something that would be massive but settled with just the bones...

This game and its overrated score make me so irritated... I finished the game in 17 hours... 17 hours for a post apocalyptic game? and thats because i stayed afk thousands of times... i bet this game is max 10 hours... What irritates isnt the size of the game, but the fact that you see millions of possible interactions and none of them are real lol.... you follow stuff just to realize it meant nothing at all! I dont want to spoil (if you are willing to waste money that is) but i must say that once you give players a choice they expect an outcome... and no you wont see that here at all...

Metro last light... has no rpg elements in it, literally none... it deceives you by throwing out ilogical things like "oh press X button to clean your mask" or "press Y to replace filter"and thats it.... thats the most interesting and unique you will get from this game... And it will get you expecting more and more and thats the feeling you will have untill the end... a sorry expectation feeling...

Why do i give a 6? i give a 6 for the attempt. i give a 6 for the graphics which are ok. i give a 6 for the variety of weapons even though it doesnt mean much either. The main reason for a 6 is the fact that the combat is smooth, not glitchy or full of bugs or situations you would be stuck in.

Without being a D!@$ i must say this game... if it were around 10-15 dolars i would give it a 8... but... it doesnt. lol

srry for the spelling, hope my frustration was easy to understand and thats it.
  85. Sep 10, 2013
    YOU MUST GET THIS GAME.IT IS A MUST. For the year of 2013 it is by far the BEST GOOD-LOOKING,STORY TELLING, POST-APOCALYPTIC GAME. YOU MUUST GET IT. You will not regret your decision~
  86. Sep 10, 2013
    "4A Games and Deep Silver has pushed the boundaries of a modern survival horror shooter. Highly detailed story telling and engine that pushes most advanced GPUs to its limits, highly recommended to those who wish to seek an adventure through the claustrophobic and dramatic tunnels of Metro." -the-epikninja
  87. Sep 8, 2013
    a few minor dislikes: hit detection is distracting and should be an option, very linear and almost on the rails, enemies are blind and death, paying for difficulty levels wtf. but i have given a 8 as it could of been amazing. imagine stalker with these graphics.
  88. Sep 8, 2013
    Like what they did ours, Class AAA game, a very worthy, but the revelation did not. Shooting better than in the first tube, but still so so sad AI opponents, a lot of ammo, money, too (that does not fit into the created world), NPS constantly shake heads and hands as heroin addicts during the break-up Of pleasant much more colorful world of surface plot, lots of fun, is not empty dialogue between NPCs that for me personally was the main highlight of the game in general. Some of the dialogue monologue (not related to the story line) lasts for a minute or more, each in its own interest, as tells about the hard life in the subway, on the personal experiences and the loss of its residents. It is in these more fully disclosed game, actually begin to sympathize, to experience the people living in the metro, forgetting for a while that they are stupid jerking their heads and opening their mouths at random bots. Expand
  89. Sep 4, 2013
    It was actually pretty difficult for me to not give this game a perfect rating. Aside from a few sexist moments, bugs, and "stand around and wait for the person guiding you to stop talking as he blocks the doorway" moments that keep it from achieving that score, this game is brilliant. First off this game is absolutely freaking gorgeous. This is one of the best looking games to date running on a high end PC, like mine. For a linear game it builds such a terrific dark and desperate atmosphere. Every moment is tense and exciting, and stealth is rarely done better. Stealth has been drastically improved since M 2033 to the point where stealth-ing the whole game is actually an option now (save the scripted moments). The world is unique and the story is gripping original and interesting. Combat is fun and fast, although the AI on lower difficulties can be brain-dead at times. This game is easily a contender for my choice at GOTY and i cant wait for more Metro. Expand
  90. Sep 3, 2013
    Metro Last light is atmospheric, dark and keeps you in suspense. It's also a improvement from Metro 2033 which was unpolished and sometimes frustrating. Practically every aspect is an improvement from it's predecessor.
    The AI is smarter and stealth isn't as frustrating (melee kills are quiet, same for silenced weapons).
  91. Aug 28, 2013
    This game does shooting, story, and visuals perfectly, but has some problems with AI behavior and difficulty. The ranger mode was too easy and many enemies behave like they have a down syndrome. This definitely took away some appeal, but every game has its flaws. It’s hands down the best linear shooter I ever played, so it deserves a perfect score. If the difficulty was ramped up and AI behavior was more realistic, I would give this game 15, it’s really good. Expand
  92. Aug 27, 2013
    Pretty awesome game for the gameplay but the story elements will leave you feeling disappointed. If you aren't a story guy but you enjoy a good shooter, then this is definitely a good pickup for you.
  93. Aug 27, 2013
    I have been really enjoying the game and pretty close to finishing it. The attention to detail in the level design is just awe inspiring. I haven't felt so drawn into a game until I started playing this.. especially in the swamp area and at night! Have a gaming headset on with 7.1 with the lights out and trust me.. you will feel like something is around the corner wanting to rip your head off and to me.. that's pretty cool. I enjoy the characters that you meet and the plot is pretty nifty with the different factions. My only complaint so far is the stealth combat in regards to the AI. If you stick to the shadows and pop head shots with a silencer.. you can pretty much take out an army without any problems. Over all I highly recommend the game. Expand
  94. Aug 26, 2013
    This game is so boring, no fun at all, from the fist 10 minutes until 1 hour in it, has so much hand holding, everything is so generic, its super generic, everything is predictable, bad story, upgrades are less fun then 2033 in this game you will always fund better upgraded weapon then the one you made, just hold your money for ammunition and filters and still in the end I had too much money, 50+ minutes of filters come on and this was on highers difficulty, bad bad bad Expand
  95. Aug 26, 2013
    Great game and more importantly a great sequel.

Does it have it's imperfections? Sure. But it more than makes up for them with a great storyline, immersive environment and realistic action. Ranger mode seems to take things to a new level since Metro 2033 and it was that much more realistic and nerve wrecking at times. The moral choice system is as subtle as in the first game which
    only adds to the replayability of the game.

My only complaint: I wish it was a lot longer. Not to say that the game was short, I just liked it so much that I wish it kept going :)

We need more games like this!
  96. Aug 24, 2013
    After finishing 2033 I new I had to get Last Light and I did it was the most amazing story ever I spent my whole day playing it almost cried at the end.
  97. Aug 23, 2013
    If this game ironed out a few flaws, it would be the best game of the year so far. I had my doubts, the first few levels have some stupid parts where they take every weapon from you but holy hell does it pick up. Never played a game that paces itself so well.

Please please please fix it so you can see inventory on ranger mode though. Its no a realistic touch, its just stupid. Make it so
    you just look down and see how many mags you have if you want, I don't care. I just didn't like not knowing how much ammo I had left especially since counting it is worthless since you can't see how much you pick up off of dead bodies.

The number one complaint is the AI but in hindsight, it probably is more realistic that there would be mass confusion if people started dropping so I can let that go. Bugs are being ironed out very quickly, it only took two days for the devs to release a fix for the AMD graphics glitch.

It was slightly disapointing that the specialized suits didn't make a return but it really wasn't that big of a deal. A much bigger drawback is the fact that the setup is based around controllers for consoles so secondaries (grenades, throwing knives, etc.) are more annoying to use for PC users (plus grenades can no longer be cooked).
  98. Aug 22, 2013
    Great game, one of the few times I think I actually like a sequel better than the original. Even some of the DLC has some good play time to it, and they kept Ranger mode in.
  99. Aug 20, 2013
    Metro 2033 was a good game; Metro: Last Light is better.
    The visuals are outstanding, even on low the game still looks great and better than most other games.
    The plot is good but you maybe won´t understand everything if you haven´t played Metro 2033 or read the books.
    Fighting in the game feels great, even if the stealth part feels a bit silly.
    Many levels are designed open and you
    can choose different ways to proceed and there are more variations of different and unique weapons than in Metro 2033.
    There are some survival aspects in the game, you still have to search the areas in the game for bullets, weapons and filters for your gas mask. Surviving the world of Metro: Last Light on higher difficulties like the Ranger Mode won´t be an easy task.
    The world the game presents you is full of stunning environments and creates a depressing atmosphere which can not be described easily.
    To keep it short: This is not a game. This is a experience.
    And everyone should have experienced it!
  100. Aug 17, 2013
    Compared to the first game and other games in a similar genre I find that this falls a little flat while still being an enjoyable game to play.

Action is the same as previous, graphics are great as well as the atmosphere. However it doesn't really bring any thing new and it feels a lot more linear and scripted than the first game.
    You also lose control a lot with scripted cut scenes
    which do take a lot of game time.
    The game has also been made a lot easier with a part near the end actually lighting up each part of an object you need to shoot.

Worth a go but definitely not quite as good as the original. Look for it on special.
  101. Jul 16, 2013
    I must say, this game would have easily been one of my favorites if it wasn't for the framerate drop bug.
    I've got a great system (Bioshock on Ultra? No problemo!) and many of the levels are simply splendid in this game. The game-play was great to. What rubs me wrong is that I dropped $50 on a game that has a graphical glitch that many other people experienced with Radeon cards. Some
    levels are just simply un-playable 2 frames per second or so. If they patch this issue, I'll re-do my review. Until then, I want my money back. Collapse

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013