• Publisher: IonFX
  • Release Date: Nov 28, 2012
7.7

1. Jan 5, 2013
    The game is pretty and mysterious, and I like that. But the recommended hardware on Steam needs to be reevaluated, my computer is a lot better than what they listed but I still got a kinda choppy fps. It's not a huge deal though. The main reason I give it a 7 is that the game is incredibly slow and easily becomes boring. Other than that, it's fun to look at and explore around the island.
  2. Gua
    Apr 6, 2014
    It's not perfect and pretty hardcore. But I love graphics in it. I love open world exploration and atmoshere in it. In Miasmata I really feel that I'm in woods. Probably someday I will finish it once more.
  3. Jan 2, 2013
    I turned the graphics down and such, so that's all fine. But my only problem is that the camera is constantly slowly moving to the left. I don't know why it's doing that, and even if I unplug my mouse, it continues to move left.
  4. Dec 10, 2012
    To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing,To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing, collect plants. As another person said, it IS literary a bush walking simulator. However it does have it's shining points. I applaud the graphics for two people and design. A lot of the scenery is beautiful and it does get you thinking about the islands previous inhabitants. If you do not mind the snail like pace progression and the repetitiveness of it and know that all you really do is just walk and walk and walk through an island, then you should pick it up. A major downfall is the price and the system requirements. Expand
  5. Dec 11, 2012
    Pretty weak game, over all. I'm a pretty big fan of survival adventure games and this one definitely falls far below both expectations and standards. The graphics are abysmal, as are the textures. You can make out the tiles in the ground, and squirrels look like a cluster of polygons. The gameplay is tedious, where most of your time is going to be spent walking around or readingPretty weak game, over all. I'm a pretty big fan of survival adventure games and this one definitely falls far below both expectations and standards. The graphics are abysmal, as are the textures. You can make out the tiles in the ground, and squirrels look like a cluster of polygons. The gameplay is tedious, where most of your time is going to be spent walking around or reading notes/books, which wouldn't be so bad if the pacing weren't so slow and dragged on. There is no real atmosphere or music to speak of, so the game depends purely on it's environment and a powerful imagination to draw you in. Is it impressive that two people made this game? Not...Really. It's more like it's impressive two people pushed out a game, but this game in particular really has nothing going for it. With the sudden surge of adventure games coming out of steam these last few months, I can't think of a reason why you'd pick this one up. Unless you're just hurting that badly for a "survival" adventure fix. The game gets a 3, 2 points for each person that worked on the game, and 1 out of generosity. I may have given it a 4 or even a 5, if it had run even remotely well on my machine. I can run Skyrim on max graphics with 20+ texture mods, at 50+ fps, but I can't run this Miasmata higher than 15, so you could probably chalk up "poor optimization" as another flaw. Collapse

1. Mar 17, 2013
    Miasmata is definitely a unique experience, and as the work of two people it’s actually a hell of an achievement. It’s a game with ambition, which should be rewarded even if it occasionally falls short of the goals it set for itself.
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    A unique and engaging game of exploration, that manages to be challenging without any real combat or puzzles. It can also be quite tense and scary, as you're being stalked by a lone, but very dangerous, predator.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    Miasmata is a great survival horror, bold enough to drop the player in a peculiar and deep game experience, built around suspense and fear. The contrast between the bucolic atmosphere and the sensations of dismay is so peculiar that every fan of the genre should give it a shot.