Miasmata PC

• Publisher: IonFX
  • Release Date: Nov 28, 2012
7.7

1. Jan 5, 2013
    The game is pretty and mysterious, and I like that. But the recommended hardware on Steam needs to be reevaluated, my computer is a lot better than what they listed but I still got a kinda choppy fps. It's not a huge deal though. The main reason I give it a 7 is that the game is incredibly slow and easily becomes boring. Other than that, it's fun to look at and explore around the island.
  2. Gua
    Apr 6, 2014
    It's not perfect and pretty hardcore. But I love graphics in it. I love open world exploration and atmoshere in it. In Miasmata I really feel that I'm in woods. Probably someday I will finish it once more.
  3. Jan 2, 2013
    I turned the graphics down and such, so that's all fine. But my only problem is that the camera is constantly slowly moving to the left. I don't know why it's doing that, and even if I unplug my mouse, it continues to move left.
  4. Dec 10, 2012
    To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing,To be honest, I did not expect much from this but I actually got more then I expected. For something that was made by only two people it is a mile-stone in achievements as graphics go, as it is a completely new engine. The idea is original and the story is simple. Sadly however, I cannot stress enough at how slow you progress throughout the game because you are only doing one thing, collect plants. As another person said, it IS literary a bush walking simulator. However it does have it's shining points. I applaud the graphics for two people and design. A lot of the scenery is beautiful and it does get you thinking about the islands previous inhabitants. If you do not mind the snail like pace progression and the repetitiveness of it and know that all you really do is just walk and walk and walk through an island, then you should pick it up. A major downfall is the price and the system requirements. Expand
  5. Jan 28, 2013
    3/10 for effort. This game has a good premise and a really interesting environment. I don't really consider it to be a "game" though certainly not a "survival game". It's more of a short walk through someones landscape painting. A few things that didn't really make sense to me and made the game feel unfinished. Why give me a knife and have animals running around and then not allow me to3/10 for effort. This game has a good premise and a really interesting environment. I don't really consider it to be a "game" though certainly not a "survival game". It's more of a short walk through someones landscape painting. A few things that didn't really make sense to me and made the game feel unfinished. Why give me a knife and have animals running around and then not allow me to kill them for food? To survive in this all you do it seems is drink water and take medicine to avoid your growing fever. You arn't require to hunt and eat at all despite the presence of all these slow moving animals and insects. The animals and insects play no part in your research either so it's plant collection only. Very strange. Almost has a feeling of they wanted to let you do all that but didn't have time to finish the game. For that reason I had to drop the rating because you shouldn't release something this unfinished for money. Needs way more depth to be considered a "game" in my opinion. Avoiding "The Creature" by simply getting out of it's line of sight then stumbling (literally stumbling) from point A to point B while collecting plants simply doesn't cut it in my book. I'm disappointed because I wanted to love it and think it could have been so much more had it been finished. Collapse

1. Mar 17, 2013
    Miasmata is definitely a unique experience, and as the work of two people it’s actually a hell of an achievement. It’s a game with ambition, which should be rewarded even if it occasionally falls short of the goals it set for itself.
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    A unique and engaging game of exploration, that manages to be challenging without any real combat or puzzles. It can also be quite tense and scary, as you're being stalked by a lone, but very dangerous, predator.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    Miasmata is a great survival horror, bold enough to drop the player in a peculiar and deep game experience, built around suspense and fear. The contrast between the bucolic atmosphere and the sensations of dismay is so peculiar that every fan of the genre should give it a shot.