7.4

1. Mar 29, 2013
    Opening the door for creativity and absolute sandbox give this game a perfect score in my book. Gamers understand that sometimes the modding community can make the game so much more than its original developers... for for that This game will be forever entered into the hall of firsts. some times good graphics do not matter, as long as mechanics and fun exist. HINT HINT AAA developers.
  2. Mar 23, 2013
    Amazing game! Unending fun, addicting multiplayer, and the ability to be extremely creative make this one of the most memorable and maybe one of the best games of all time. You can put hundreds of hours into Minecraft and still have fun.
  3. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is amazing its endless fun and hard to stop playing. If you don't like the main game that's fine just check out some mods. If you don't like the graphics get a texture pack. Over all this is an amazing game.
  4. Mar 30, 2013
    Minecraft is probably the most popular Sandbox indie game in existence, with almost 10,000,000 users! which shows that for many, it's a very fun game! Minecraft obviously has some problems, some of which are just part of the game and are deliberate (i.e the graphics). Minecraft allows you to make or do anything that you wish, which can be very fun if you're a creative person, and if you find yourself to be a good builder in the game, you can begin to create great things Minecraft has mainly become famous because of it's popularity on Youtube, especially from the Yogscast group.
    As well as this, minecraft's multiplayer option has made the game ever-more addictive, with easy interaction and chat with other players (which also causes some problems). I personally find multiplayer fun because of the competition offered by many servers; which is greatly improved when the server is modded to have extra abilities and features added to the game, like shops and skills. In short, some people will either love the game, or get bored after about 10 minutes; if you're really put off by the graphics, either don't bother getting the game, or get it and improve the graphics with texture packs, which can make the game look quite sophisticated indeed, presuming that your computer can handle it.
  5. Apr 6, 2013
    I don't really know what to write in here. Minecraft is just awesome. If you are creative, you'll never get out of work and fun! To describe it very short: Minecraft is THE game, I would take to a lonely island!
  6. Apr 14, 2013
    Honestly, Minecraft is the best game I have ever played. There's something in it for everyone. Yeah, singleplayer vanilla may get boring after a while, but there's a practically endless assortment of awesome mods to choose from. And multiplayer, in my opinion, is really the great part of this game. For me, if I can find myself a relatively small server with a good community, I'm in heaven. Although many would disagree with me, I think the graphics work perfectly for the game, and even if you're unhappy with them there are plenty of great texture packs (one I would recommend is John Smith). The price point may look a little high, but when you compare it to a generic FPS that may be 20 dollars more with a 6 hour campaign and unimaginative gameplay, its a steal. Expand
  7. Apr 17, 2013
    You Absolutely would not guess how many hour i have sunk into this game, and it is simply the most innovating game and one of the best games i have ever played, a well earned 10 is what this games gets. it has flaws of course, but every game does. for example, there should be more purpose to exploring places like the nether and the end( but it is also satisfyingly rewarding) like nether chest. i would complain that there should be level for mining but they have fixed that. a harder game mode would be nice, hardcore is scary but mobs can be killed very easily. and finally, just add herobrine. it would give a little bit of fear into the game. if they did this, i would try to convince metacritic to make and 11 out of 10 option Expand
  8. Apr 20, 2013
    Minecraft is one of these very controversial and heavy opinionated games. I my personal opinion it's one of these games that have a huge impact in the gaming world Never have I seen a voxel based game improve over time as this game If you really look at it for what it's done as a game done to it's players it has brought back the creativity in all of us reviving people's imagination and If you look at it as the game it self well that's your own opinion but it is easy one of those game the I will mention of years to come. It well deserves this praise and if you tell me if this game is unfinished well that's the best thing about it because it your imagination the finishes it. Expand
  9. Apr 21, 2013
    Minecraft, what can I say? It probably has more freedom than any other PC game, and can keep you addicted for hours on end. Singleplayer is good enough to be a game by itself, but there's also multiplayer, which is even better when it isn't lagging. Minecraft lets you do whatever you like, with an optional final boss. However, Minecraft doesn't add a whole lot new to PC gaming, beside block-based everything. The more you play Minecraft, the more you realize it's just the same thing over and over. Mods can help to add more to the game, but vanilla is the same thing repeated many times. Overall, very, very good, but not enough variety. Expand
  10. Apr 27, 2013
    I've been with the game since a few days before the update to BETA 1.2, back when "Wow beds that set your spawn!" Was a huge game changer. The game has taken a big place in my heart, and even though I grew bored of single player after a few weeks and made myself create a new world which I got bored of a little quicker again I did drift from the game. As it's popularity increased though more servers became available and more people and friends got the game and a community was born, possibly the greatest game community of all if you pretend Little Big Planet doesn't exist (That's a compliment to both games)

The multiplayer is a lot of fun and although building a village, town or city with friends eventually you run out of things to do, UNLESS you challenge yourselves, think of something and don't stop until you've achieved it. After that, install some mods, play some adventure maps and join some game servers like survival games and spleef arenas and parkour. The game has unlimited possibilities all thanks to it's players.

The only thing I dislike about the game is with each coming update it looses some of the original charm that it had in the beginning. Even though it makes a better game with more things to do, I find myself upset to remember that the days of being impressed by beds is behind us. That may just be me however.

Check this game out, play it at a friends house or try our the demo and watch a few videos. I promise you will want to be throwing your money right at it because I would have happily payed triple the price for this game that has given countless hours of entertainment to me, and counting.
  11. Apr 30, 2013
    I've bean around since alpha and have sill bean playing it so about 1 year of me Sitting at my computer playing, That's allot of game-play and its a very small file No pay DLC the updates are free! with new things and That's what i love about it
  12. May 7, 2013
    Minecraft is a GREAT game. I can't for the life of me figure out why some people give minecraft 1 or 0 or whatever. When i first saw it i thought what kind of graphics are these? Then i realized they were actually really good (on my opinion though,) and the game play never ever gets old. NEVER. There is always something to do like redstone contraptions,building humongous buildings and playing it with honest, fun people. It actually really lightens it up. I do have to say it needs some more updates. (lazy staff.) Expand
  13. May 15, 2013
    Minecraft is brilliant! The game is about placing blocks and surviving. Although it might sound weird, it is really worth a try. I've put hundreds of hours in this game, and it never gets boring!

The game is regularly updated and there's always new things to play around with. The only limit in Minecraft, is you. Just imagine how much you can achieve with an unlimited world and tons of
    blocks to build with. If that's not enough, there's a lot of mods and modpacks for the game. Many people are against the new updates that added features like enchanting or leveling but I personally don't have anything against these. These are survival elements that makes the game more fun. Minecraft will mainly always be about creativity and building so it doesn't really matter. Expand
  14. May 15, 2013
    This game is a Masterpiece in all ways. You can play Singleplayer which is really enjoyable if you play it with mods, but without it still nice to play, and you can play Multiplayer which is really the most awesome thing ever. The graphics are good to a game that has infinite possibilities in an infinite world (anyways, you can install LOTS of texture and graphic mods). The sound is nice too. You can do everything in this game! it's probably one of the best RPGs ever, it's very simple to play but you can do in this game the most complicated things ever and you can develop and test your creativity. It's like a LEGO infinite world and infinite odds, hell I think this game is infinite in all ways. There are a lot of free updates and improvements every month, that make the game bigger and bigger.

I have to say that the best way to play this game is installing mods or/and playing multiplayer with friends, if you play singleplayer without an idea you could get little bit disappointed, because it's simple to play, but difficult to learn (this game has a lot of things). But if you give to this game an opportunity, and you play with friends/mods, it's a Masterpiece.

Sorry for my english. Download this game, and if you like it you can buy the game, but it's not 100% necessary (I bought it because I wanted to contribute the developers).
  15. May 22, 2013
    Mine craft is just the best experience you can get on pc at this moment, it is what ever you want it to be, the game offers a lot of mods with can be very easily installed via launcher, which adds a whole wide of possibilities it will always stay fresh and if the graphics get old to you, you can simply change them with a texture pack, this game is truly something special and anyone who has a creative mind with just indulge them self in this game Expand
  16. Jun 7, 2013
    Almost perfect game, gives you the option of fully what you want, from amazing buildings to calculators, through games, but it has a very grave problem, the huge amount of bugs it has.
  17. Jun 2, 2013
    Minecraft, to me, is an amazing game. But I'm not going to make this statement without backing it up. I first started playing minecraft after a friend showed it to me. Back then, it's freedom, pixelated beauty, and atmosphere of mystery and exploration drew me like a magnet. It was a beacon a lighthouse illuminating the horrid state of the games I was playing. I bought the game almost immediately after and right away fell in love. As I was then a newcomer, the community welcomed me. More so than any mainstream multiplier-capable game I've ever played. Instead of rejecting me, treating me like something to be laughed at, I was assisted by other players. Minecraft drew my attention to other great indie games. Far better that the mainstream shooters could ever hope to be. I looked back on the games I had once played with scorn and (mainly) regret. I've found games in the Indie community that can out match any game run by a large company. Some of these games include Kerbal Space Program, Ace Of Spades Classic, Terraria, and much more. I see minecraft as not only a game, but the prominent and most well-known game among the indie game community. I'm sick and tired of on-rail games. They're a thing of the past. Steam has the greenlight service for a reason. I'm among the group of gamers who are tired of games in which the only people that have freedom are the creators, and in which the players are penalized for not adhering to the game's brutal story line of the game. And what if I don't want to fight in an endless and arbitrary war? On-rail games often depict an extraordinary world, yet confine the players to a battlefield often no bigger than that of an airport- and those are the biggest maps I've seen. They offer no degree of freedom, individuality, or creativeness. Minecraft and some other games I've seen in the indie community can often, in my opinion, be classified as art. That is much much more than could be said about some shooters. And when you hate and just can't stand minecraft's pixelated textures, get or make a texture pack. If you get bored of the game play, install a mod or make your own. Minecraft, after all, is only limited by your imagination. Expand
  18. Jun 2, 2013
    No matter what gaming mood I'm in, Minecraft is playable everyday. I love this game. It's so fun by myself and with friends. It takes a creative mind to build spectacular things. You literally can't go wrong with Minecraft people.
  19. Jun 10, 2013
    An amazing game, but multiplayer sometimes fails. I've been trying to play multiplayer with my friend and its keeps shutting down when we attempt. I started to play back in Beta and have been havin fun collecting diamonds and killing squids and sheep n' stuff. This game is great way to express imagination through building.
  20. Aug 21, 2013
    Minecraft is a very special game like no other. It is revolutionary and inspired game developers to create more sandbox like games. Its very great to play the game while constantly being updated with new things.
  21. Aug 31, 2013
    Honestly this is the game I've played and enjoyed more.
    It has a myriad of game options, not only to build, is to survive, have fun with friends, play the Hunger Games, counter strike, play adventure maps (my favorite part), in order to shorten it's great.
    The most people think they have bad graphics but is that the secret of this game, blocks make it unique and the first in a series of
    prints like minecraft cheap because no are two. Perfect. Expand
  22. Jun 21, 2013
    I have played Minecraft for over 2 and a half years now, and I am still no were close to getting bored. Part of that is because of its awesome community and all the mods and adventure maps they have created over the year. You can literally play the whole portal 2 campaign with the right combination of mods and maps!
  23. Jul 3, 2013
    Minecraft is an amazing game. And it is a game. Not a toy. Although the updates added in some annoying features(like maps automatically filling themselves up as soon as you craft them) the updates have improved upon the original game. Minecraft is still a wonderful game.
  24. Jun 24, 2013
    One of the most open-ended & fun games I've ever played. I'm a very loyal fan to this constantly evolving and extremely addictive masterpiece. Minecraft is worth every minute of my time and has paid for itself 100 times over (and counting).

The "big companies" need to pay attention to this game: I challenge any one of them to come up with a title this successful. Good luck!
  25. Jul 5, 2013
    Minecraft is a unbelievable game with so much great game play. You can build whatever you want and battle monsters and go play with friends. Not to mention modding and the crazy server mini games like on the shotbow network. There's no end to what you can do! I find it hard to get bored of it!

With it constantly being updated, also being one of the highest selling pc games of all
    time, Minecraft is one hell of a game, and is worth the money! Expand
  26. Jul 8, 2013
    I'm telling you now, it doesn't get better than this. This will always be my favorite game for what the developers have given us. Any argument against this game is either "what's the goal" or "the graphics are terrible". The goal is to do whatever you want, because as soon as you generate a new world, that world belongs to YOU. No one can tell you what you are going to do in this fantastic game. I'm not the type of person that thinks that realistic graphics means good graphics. I love the way Minecraft looks and the blocky feel of it that makes it so easy to get into, yet also easy to be really advanced at. There is absolutely no logical reason to give this game anything less than an 8, because this really is quite possibly the best game to ever exist. Expand
  27. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is one of the greatest things god has ever gave us on the PC period. It just blows my mind with all the blocks you can use to build amazing things! if your reading this I recommend this game hard core get this game right now. Trust me you will not be disappointed.
  28. Jul 17, 2013
    this ma be one of the best games i ever-played mods creativity a key survival feature online mini games however i'm not ratting for this but their are allot of whana bees
  29. Jul 21, 2013
    Minecraft is a totally objective free game, do whatever you want, explore, invent. This is a game in development so you are never going to ran out of content. Build huge castles, underwater bases, sky fortresses, an underground mine, almost infinite possibilities. Despite the bug this is a perfect game, very enjoyable with friends. It has a huge mod community. Very recommended game.
  30. Jul 23, 2013
    I have played this AFTER the iOS edition. Worth 20 bucks. The only annoying stuff is whenever I search "Portal", it'll show the portalgun mod for Minecraft. I have owned this game since 1.2.4, and 1.6.2 sucks. The new villager noises stink.

Pros: Gameplay, sounds, mods, resource packs, and redstone.

Cons: Villager sounds, ghast sounds, rain (rain is so laggy)
  31. Aug 10, 2014
    First of all it's very lonely game. I am talking about single-player, of course. You can't get this sense of loneliness in any other game. And for me it's very enjoyable.
    Secondly, it's beautiful game. Not talking about graphics, but style. Rain, snow, night - everything is really well-made.
    And thirdly, feel of discovery is awesome.
    Its a great game and you should at least try it.
  32. Jul 27, 2013
    When I first time saw game called Minecraft, I didn´t like it, NO, I hated it Blocks WTF But in 2012 I downloaded it, because my friends did not wanted to stfu about it. And it was amazing. It´s super fun, building anything you want, creative is super fun, same as survial mode.
    Only negative HUGE negative is price, 2011 game for 20 euro NO! 10-15 eur OK Not !
    Minecraft alone 7/10

Good game ,but there is TEKKIT, best mode in history, adding more and more sh*t into the game, For this I woould pay 20 euro !!
    Minecraft Tekkit 10/10
  33. Jul 28, 2013
    This game is awesome.You can do anything you want build anything you want a big house or a huge castle is just awesome.I know the graphics are lame but just play it.
  34. Nov 4, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the most revolutionary games out there. The open worlds are AMAZING. There is so much to do now with 1.7 just came out. It is so worth the cash. Go get it now.
  35. Aug 10, 2013
    minecraft SUCKS! no just kidding its a really well made game with the need to make whatever you whant but this really good but i need to start on the battleblock review so 10-10
  36. Aug 12, 2013
    Minecraft is a fun sandbox game. This game has no purpose except to build in creative and to survive in survival mode. There are 2 bosses one called the Enderdragon, the other called the Wither Boss. the only thing you have to get over is the bad graphics. this game is very fun and I recommend you get it every update is free after you have bought the game. the gameg current price is 27.95$
  37. Aug 15, 2013
    First of all I am a very harsh critic on almost everything and personally I think that minecraft goes down as one of the best games of all time and it is a sandbox its just amazing that Mojang came out with a sandbox that most people like based on 60% of gamers playing games like call of duty or battlefield
  38. Aug 17, 2013
    Minecraft is my favorite game of all time. Haters gonna hate because they are too retarded to think that callofduty is the best game known to man. minecraft is awesome.
  39. Aug 25, 2013
    Minecraft is a beautiful game. The whole idea of your imagination being the limit is extraordinary! The game deserves a 10 out of 10 because of everything to do with it. Definitely buy this.
  40. Aug 31, 2013
    One of my favorite games ever. And the reason it has low score is because of all the haters that don't like minecraft who either haven't played it but think it's stupid, or have no imagination. So all I can say is, haters gonna hate! Thanks for listening!
  41. Sep 22, 2013
    You guys seriously HAVE to play this, this is the most addicting and fun game ever, who cares about graphics? more options come soon and you should know that! Jeb and Dinnerbone are working their but's off to give the perfect game to you, act like a champion.
  42. Sep 17, 2013
    This is simply the biggest thing in game design that has happened during the last 10 years. In a time were most games were just plain stupid, unimaginative and uncreative there came minecraft and saved the market. This is not only an absolutely genius game with a wonderful concept, great atmosphere and beautiful music, this is a revolution for the game market.
  43. Jan 26, 2014
    Now these are my words coming from my mouth. This is my opinion review. I gave Minecraft a 9/10 because Jeb was put in charge. Minecraft was better when Marcus "Notch" Pearson was in charge. Jeb turned Minecraft over to it's "darkest zone". The only good thing about all of this is that Jeb put a down grader in the launcher. I love Minecraft, but am disappointing in what Jeb has done with Minecraft. I wish that Notch would come back and Jeb would be co assistant. Notch, please come back and fix Jeb's "new game". Expand
  44. Sep 19, 2013
    Minecraft it's a great game. There are lots of stuff to do: Mining, fighting, going other dimensions... In my opinion it's one of the best games I ever played.
  45. Oct 7, 2013
    This game is just insane. I started playing this at the Alpha stage, just after Multiplayer was added. Before i bought the game i played the free version (A friend of mine had a server and made me OP). We made some nice stuffs n' that, but it got quite boring quite fast, and i decided to give the full game a shot. I just really loved the unlimited possibilities in the game, and today it's probably my most played game with approximately 1.000 hours played, if not more.
    Another thing i really love is that when im out of ideas and the game starts to get boring, then i've most likely been able to take a break from Minecraft (a few months) to get new ideas and so on. When i get new ideas it's like playing a whole new game every time because of all these possibilities.
    Some people also complain about the graphics considering it's a game from 2011, but to me it just makes the game truly unique, and i also think that was what Notch wanted to obtain with this kind of graphics.
    All in all i really love this game, and after so many hours of fun, i feel like the least i can do is to give this game a 10 of 10!
    PS: I would not recommend to judge this game, if you've only played the free version, go buy the full game and try it instead. It's so much better!
  46. Sep 25, 2013
    One of the best video games you can play right now. There's so much you can do with this game. You can create, you can build, you can survive the possibilities are immense.
  47. Sep 30, 2013
    This is an excellent game. You will never run out of stuff to do. If you get bored with the default vanilla, try a mod or a custom map.
    There are tons of really awesome mods and custom maps out there. There are custom servers too, with games like Bow spleef, Survival games, The Walls, Super Craft Brothers and a LOT of others.
    Some claim Minecraft is a bad game, because there is not a lot
    to do in vanilla survival. I do admit, that it does get boring. But the point of Minecraft is not just to play vanilla survival. The point of Minecraft is to try mods, custom maps and servers.
    The speciality about Minecraft is that more stuff gets added every few months. Of course you might claim that a lot of games add new purchasable content every month, but Minecraft gives every update for free.
    Those, who claimed that Minecraft is bad in 1.0 (the official "Release"), should try again. Minecraft is never going to be actually "Ready", as more bug fixes and features keep getting added all the time!
    Some claim the ending sucks. The ending of Minecraft is not the main point. It's just a tiny little part of the game.
  48. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is awesome!!! You can build anything in this game in the creative mode, and the survival mode is quite addicting, and you can play with other players too!!
  49. Jan 6, 2014
    I can't even begin to describe how enjoyable this indie game is. I will always know Minecraft to be the game that invented infinite worlds. No matter what you do in Minecraft you'll never get bored. Because, as previously mentioned it has infinite worlds! Multiplayer is extremely fun, and you can also have LAN worlds so you can play with you're friends who are on the same network.
  50. Oct 7, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the indie games, that were ever made. In contrast to other games, Minecraft contains no story, that means you can invent one. It haves no interesting environment, that means you can build one. This game let you invent your game and with the periodical updates it will never be boring and you can always achieve something.
  51. Oct 7, 2013
    Minecraft is not a game its a building block its something that leads to something that leads to something. Theres hundreds of things to do in Mincraft build a house, kill zombies and other monsters roaming around the world or go exploring in giant caves or go into creative mode and let your imagination run free theres so much to do and thats just the single player. multi players is the best part of Mincraft in my opinion and theres so many servers and so many games in those servers. spleef, hunger games, TNT run just to name a few to sum up this game i say its its computer legos, it gives you the power to do anything you want that barley any games are doing now in days. get this game if you have a pc its worth the 20 bucks Expand
  52. Oct 8, 2013
    I've been playing the game for years, and to this day still find enjoyment in this game. While it has continued to grow over the years, so has Mojang's popularity. The company has continued to hire more people to help out on the game, and to help make it better. Despite there being some slight graphical glitches, the game continues to play very well on my rig. The game play is extremely immersive, and the script is highly malleable, as shown by the thousands of mods created by the fans of the game. I have been playing the game since the Halloween update way back in the late Alpha's, and the game continues to feel like a strong part of my life. It has inspired me to build things with my hands, and be more creative in general with my projects. Despite lacking any real graphics, the game itself is fantastic, as it isn't the graphics that make the game, but more so the game play. It has been the one game that has kept me coming back for more, keeping me saying "just one more block" every time. Expand
  53. Oct 18, 2013
    This game is amazing. There is nothing you can't do, and if you get bored with whatever you are doing. Go and look at the bazillion mods that are out there for it. The will never be 'finished' as it is constantly getting updated with new blocks and features. Like in the latest snapshot, there is a cell shader that is basically if your character was to take LSD, who doesn't want that. All the bastards who give this game a score. Clearly haven't played the game, and if they did then they didn't play it properly.
    - LachoHunta
  54. Oct 21, 2013
    Minecraft is a good game. Go play it now and be creative. Create your own world and do whatever you want with your blocks and items. It's just... awesome.
  55. Oct 21, 2013
    Minecraft gives you so many options on what you want to do. You can choose the creative side and build your masterpiece, or you can fight with friends and compete in mini games.
  56. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is the best game of all time in my opinion, from the Alpha which was back in the day a fantastic game alone, it just kept on getting better through Beta and now in full release it is still being updated and content being added which is just one of the reasons this is the only 10/10 I have ever given. All the mod packs and mods which have been made from this game such as Technic and Feed the Beast have just added so much more replayability. The moving soundtrack fits absolutely perfectly with the game and is still being added to. The soundtrack is slow, calm and has a fantasy element to it like no other. That was just the singleplayer the multiplayer servers add even more, with custom plugins and game modes such as survival games or just mining and building with friends the multilplayer greatly increases the playtime. There is much more to add such as the enormous amount if mobs neutral and hostile and the immersive day to night cycle which really fits in with the game. The only problem with this it was quite hard and still is to set up a server for your friends to play on but that has gotten allot easier. This is the only game Xbox 360 & PC combined I have spent 1000+ hours on playing. Expand
  57. Nov 22, 2013
    Don't even get me started with Minecraft PC Game Legends loves Minecraft and we are addicted to playing it you'll have to be crazy not to like this game on all platforms mainly PC and Mac. I love every thing about the game the mobs, the imagination and the fact that there are no rules an you can do what ever you want to do with out any one saying you can't. This game gets a perfect ten without a doubt. Expand
  58. Oct 29, 2013
    Well I am simply going to say this, Minecraft is the most outstanding game ever, it has created a whole new world of gaming, in multiple sences, you are free to do what ever you want, construct an enormous kingdom, model anything you wish, create your own mods and texture packs, even uphold your very own server for other people world wide to join you. By far worth your money, I almost feel as if i'm stealing from them because it is so cheap, especially to new games coming out, this is by far the best choice! Expand
  59. Oct 29, 2013
    Truly awesome, epic and wonderful, Minecraft is like the boredom buster on my life and I will not stop from playing this first-person sandbox creative game! Minecraft is certainly the best game I've downloaded from my computer, has cute mobs like ocelots and cats, evil mobs like blazes and ghast, bosses like Wither and Ender Dragon and has awesome texture design!
  60. Oct 29, 2013
    Minecraft is a great game, where you could really build anything (with some creativity, of course). The game is always expanding, with more and more things being added. You can do anything you want. And for those who want to expand it, modifications are free and legal to download and use. I, personally, don't use very many mods, but I've seen them and tried a lot. Minecraft is fun when you are bored, or even if you aren't. Expand
  61. Nov 6, 2013
    This is going to be the most non-biased and detailed review you are going to read. I will talk about Minecraft, a pixelated, blocky, survival themed sandbox RPG that consists of creation and destruction.

I am going to start of with the graphics. I know it may look dated and pixelated, though the sheer idea is in a way, genius. No one ever thinks to make a pixelated 3D game, for one.
    There is like a line of separation between pixelated 2D and polygonal 3D. This makes it memorable. Secondly, it reduces lag. You claim it's a buggy mess. I tell you it's really not that bad. The bugs that are there are minor and being fixed by constant updates. You may think it was because they were indie developers and so they couldn't, or they were too lazy, but I tell you it wouldn't of been too hard to make it super polished. Still, you can choose whether you want to love it or ate it. You can add texture packs if you really dislike it, though you'd need a super computer for some of the better high-res ones.

Now, about the world. It's fully destructible. It's made of cubes. The former is the cause of the latter, because these were indie developers. I'm not saying they couldn't of, but they didn't. It definitely works, and makes exploration workable. They don't have Assassin's Creed type character movement, but the destructibility makes it workable. It means there is a type of strategy to what you do, and let's you get creative. The creation is good for the most part, but since it's made out of cubes, and they all have to exist on this 3D grid, it definitely creates spatial problems. For example, making a car like object is impossible, even though you can use minecarts, which needs to have rails placed before hand. In the end, it's still brilliant. You can create and destroy in Minecraft, as well as create functional things with redstone, Minecraft's electronics equivalent. This makes Minecraft the most creative game ever made, while letting you use strategy.

Minecraft has no story. You make your own goals, but there are challenging areas and enemies that have been implemented to help you make them. Singleplayer is fun and will keep you hooked, but multiplayer is just great. You will have some trouble setting a server up if you want to play with friends, but after the setting up, it's fairly easy to start it again. You can create traps in Minecraft, and it's good in singleplayer to fight enemies (that need better AI, although being worked on), but it's best when you use it in multiplayer.
  62. Feb 14, 2014
    A great educational and creative game that allows the players to do and build whatever they want in a virtual infinite space. But be warned: if you are not a creative person, you'll get bored really fast.
  63. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is amazing and revolutionary. It changed the world. there has never been any game like this one before so I am giving it a 10. this is one of those games that you can play forever and never get sick of.
    highly recommending
  64. Nov 16, 2013
    This game gives to you total freedom: Play as you like, do the "job" finishing the game, or simply explore the world building big and strange houses! You'll love it, if you loved Lego years ago. It's an enormous and very fun sandbox game, that represents the top of Indie Games. VIRTUALINN.IT
  65. Nov 17, 2013
    A fast and fluent endless world to build and create. Cheap price with no membership (as of this date), where you rightfully get what you paid for. An aspect of the game that was difficult to grasp was the multiplayer, which I feel is a big essential for "not getting bored" during a never ending game play experience. Of course, servers and what not have been well understood by many long-term players, but newer players (i.e. Me, when I first played) don't understand the server concept well enough to actually know how to connect themselves in other worlds. Mojang is aware of this, and rumors of implementing a new, easier to understand multiplayer system is in play. I think people of all ages should give this game a go, as it might be worth your while. Expand
  66. Nov 20, 2013
    I love minecraft good for building having fun and is way better then roblox and in minecraft it is all fun and no stupid ads always poping up and I love playin with my pals is the best game ever
  67. Nov 28, 2013
    A really great game! I have had this game purchased in 2012 Spring, and I still play it! The graphics are the style of the game! Plus you can change the textures of the graphics by getting texture packs/ resource packs, if you would like a more realistic theme.
  68. Dec 1, 2013
    Minecraft is a great game, it has excellent gameplay and sure, the graphics aren`t top but ever heard the term "gameplay is better than graphics". This game completely describes this...Ill give you an example, would you want to play a 8-bit game like Legend of Zelda or Mario or play a game which is high def but is a game about Justin Bieber. You think about it.
  69. Dec 5, 2013
    Pros: ● Infinite Worlds, wander endlessly, break or place anything, whenever you want, wherever you want. ● Always receiving updates, (new stuff being added), thus never becoming old. ● Great Graphics for its genre! ● Challenging in certain aspects. ● Suitable for any age. ● Easy to create a multi-player server and play with friends/ family. ● Plenty of building options ● Unique from other games, has no story, you make your own story.
    ● Very easy to download and install.

Cons:
    ○ Consumes too much resources on your PC.
    ○ Render Distance is too short.
    ○ Redstone creates lag. (i7 Intel Processors are the best for handling Redstone)

Copy and paste the link in your web browser to download and play the demo:: https://minecraft.net/
  70. Apr 10, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game that never ends. You can be building houses in creative mode or trying to slay in ender dragon in survival. The possibilities are endless. My favourite part has to be making houses in creative mode though.
  71. Dec 7, 2013
    Graphics 9/10
    Blocky but that's what makes it great
    Replay ability 10/10
    Infinite world, infinite hours of gameplay
    Gameplay 9/10
    You do whatever you want within the games limits
    It's a sandbox game
  72. Oct 20, 2014
    This game is simply awesome and the most unique. I've been playing minecraft pc for 3 years and i bought the ps3 edition last year. This game requires a good brain. You have to dig your way to diamonds, fight the ender dragon...enchant ur diamond stuff then fight the wither. Even multiplayer server are awesome. I donated to 2 of them. It's simply awesome. All i want is to make minecraft reals for free. Enjoy the unique Minecraft Expand
  73. Dec 10, 2013
    Minecraft deserves a good score. It may be made out of blocks, but it's still a good game. Minecraft is a perfect example of gameplay over graphics. There is tons of things to do. There is not limits to what you can build. Some people think that all you do in Minecraft is mine. But really, there is so much more. Hunting, crafting, building, and of course, mining. With over 1,000,000 sales, this game really get a high score on lots of people's lists. The only major problem is the multiplayer servers. Big servers tend to have people and even staff that don't follow the rules, and makes it T or M rated instead of 10+, so I do suggest your child that may play this, have caution.

This game deserves my 9 out of 10 and a place on my top 3 games list. Don't pass this up people. you won't regret it.
  74. Dec 14, 2013
    This is a game that I can't even begin to say how amazing it is. While bringing back the good old pixely graphics, if that's a word, you can make whatever your mind thinks of. Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, you name it. This game has infinite possibilities and with a creative mind, this game CAN'T go wrong. Also, the online multiplayer is just flat out AWESOME! You can play with a thousand people at a time! If you get this game, it will be extremely hard to not say: Just one more block. Expand
  75. Dec 19, 2013
    This is one of, if not THE best game I've ever bought, i know single player gets really boring unless you have mods, but playing with your friends is what keeps this game going, multiplayer is really good as well but there are some lag issues depending on your connection and this is one of those games where lag can get you to rage quit, a really good sandbox, you can make some great structures on there, i think the only reason why people don't like it is that they look to the negatives, they haven't tried the good servers
    over all, great game, i recommend you try it out, look for mods you may like and some good servers.
  76. Dec 20, 2013
    Is one of the best games i ever played. The graphics are pretty nice but the gameplay is the center of the game. IT'S AWESOME. But there is a problem in this game: there are a lot of 5-6 years old kids playing this game bad players. The updates are really heavy
  77. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is a really great game, but is a tad overrated. The features are excellent and gameplay is fun, but can get boring when in survival mode. While it's a great game, people glorify it too much like it's the Messiah of not just sandbox games and indie games, but as the video game industry as a whole. Fun for the whole family.
  78. Dec 28, 2013
    Been playing Minecraft since Alpha and continue to enjoy it. This is a game that will never stop evolving. The developers are constantly adding new things and I have never gotten bored of the build-box gameplay. Are you creative? You can literally build anything. Are you an adventurer? The randomly generated maps are huge and offer tons of things to explore. One minute I'm building my farm, the next I'm spelunking in a cave system that seems to never end and is rich in ores and materials. The survival element just adds icing to the cake, having to fend of the likes of skeletons and zombies to stay alive at night. Fun for all ages! Expand
  79. Dec 30, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the best if not the best game I have ever played. It has a vast world to explore and plenty of weird and interesting mobs (animals). Although it did get a tiny bit repetitive, Minecraft has me so addicted that I can't stop playing.
  80. Dec 31, 2013
    I have played Minecraft since the early Alpha stages, and the game is amazing and has been all the way through my experience. The people who do not call this a full game do not know what they are talking about because as far as i know over 13 Million people think it is. (that's how many have bought the game) It's classic, it's creative and it's a great way to spend a rainy day or a whole holiday! It's great fun alone or with friends. The only thing that i can complain about is how it became after it's release, the game was at it's top around the Beta 1.6 time. Expand
  81. Dec 31, 2013
    Very good game, Indeed it was. Its is one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  82. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Nice Gameplay+
    +Great Graphics+
    +Magnificent Open World+
    +Great Visuals And Design+
    +Fun Multiplayer Mode+

Minecraft is not only nice, it's marvelous game and perfect to build and create with your own freedom. Minecraft is pleased for people to play with.
  83. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my favourite game! I think I've been playing this since 2012 and I have enjoyed every single second of it. Games don't need fancy graphics to be fun. THANKS MOJANG!

-James
  84. Jan 14, 2014
    if you know all the things you can do in this awesome game... its the most free world game in history and also includes the possibility of make your own mechanism whit redstone, in creative or in survival.
  85. Jan 15, 2014
    Minecraft is often criticised for not containing guns, unless modded. this is no reason to let your opinion go sour. The game itself is very versatile; it is playable on Pc, Xbox, Apple, Android, Ps3, Ps4, and has many spin-offs. whichever version you choose to play, minecraft has the same drift; you have a character, usually customisable, who spawns into a seemingly endless world of cubes, with only your imagination as the limit. It is a great game for people of all ages, from children to elderly, as it stimulates different parts of the mind, especially creativity.

It's really quite remarkable.
  86. Jan 28, 2014
    Having played this game since it's alpha stages, I can tell you they have done a good job of updating and keeping the game a little different. The possibilities are pretty much endless; you can play any genre you want on this. Of course, unless you download a texture pack, it all looks the same. But for being able to play any genre there has got to be some disadvantage right? Yes, of course there is. If in survival, you must collect and build, but in creative you just have to build. So if you want a puzzle game, you have to make. And if you want a fighting arena you have to make it. Luckily there are multiplayer servers that you can play on that build all these things for you to play at. Another cool thing about minecraft is it's ability to mod it so easily. The game was designed to provide ample entertainment without mods, but with them you can get anything you want out of this game. As some have said, you don't really have a goal, as you are stranded in the middle of no where. But at first, there are goals. Build a house, collect materials, craft cool items, etc. Also, achievements get you something to work for. Also, the Ender Dragon is most peoples ultimate goal, and it takes a very long time to get to have a chance against it. Afterwards though, they leave it up to you to decide what happens next. Luckily with rather frequent updates you can explore new areas and meet new creatures. So if you like a very very unrestricted game, Minecraft is the way to go.And for only around 30 dollars, you can't really go wrong. For a sandbox game, Minecraft is the top choice. Expand
  87. Feb 4, 2014
    This game is one of the best games of all time. It provides so much variety that constantly people are coming out with mods and texture packs to make this game great. And they update it occasionally too to keep the gamers playing the game and to have new people start playing.
  88. Mar 12, 2014
    An amazingly addictive building game! The graphics almost made me ignore this game but a friend let me try it. Sometimes simple is the perfect formula. With the mountain of mods and texture packs out there you're sure to be able to customize the game any way you like!
  89. Mar 6, 2014
    Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time. The music is great especially the piano pieces. and the multiplayer is my favourite part of this game with the community creating several games modes which is fun for all. Overall, Minecraft is a wonderful game that every PC gamer should experience once in their lives 10.1/10 Expand
  90. Mar 8, 2014
    Este juego es la prueba de que un buen juego no necesita los super graficos realistas, circulos o esferas ni mucha complicacion solo un par de pixeles, cubos, redstone, minas y CREEPERS!
  91. Mar 12, 2014
    Everyone saying this game is terrible is completely missing the point of the game! Most of the negative reviews here either mention the "bad graphics", or how the game seems to be "un-finished" or "lacking features". The game is meant to be blocky with simple graphics, that is a major part of what makes the game special and unique! If you still feel the need for great graphics, go online and download one of many, many, many free user-created HD resource packs! And the game seems unfinished because it is!! The game will NEVER be totally finished, as the game developers have said many times in the past.
    If you're looking for more features or more interesting gameplay, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of 100% free player-made modifications (mods) and custom-made worlds creating various challenges, puzzles, and adventures. The awesome Minecraft community is what really makes the game - without all the custom-made user material, it would not be nearly as popular!
  92. Mar 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a flawless game, though I do have a few suggestions for future updates.

1: Like most people on the MC forum, WE WANT FLOATING ISLANDS!
    2:In a past update, "The Biome Update" many new "biomes" are added to the massive sandbox. Some examples are, Savanah, Canyon and a Roofed Forest. I believe, there should be certain "mobs" (Creatures existing in the world) for each biome.
    Some examples are, Lions, Elephants,Heiynas etc. for the Savanah. I also have some suggestions for the Jungle biome, some being, Jaguars,Tigers,Monkeys,Snakes etc. Thank you for reading!

Herbertlives
  93. Mar 15, 2014
    Was my favorite game for a long time when I was younger. I played 500+ hours.
    Its so much better with mod pack. if you have played it a fair bit get a mod pack. The best ones are from Technic or FTB.
  94. Mar 26, 2014
    Minecraft is a very good game because undergo frequent updates even with the final version. Is also a sandbox ie is INFINITE! Only flaws of the game is its weight and its price is $ 26.95.
  95. Mar 29, 2014
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I remember hearing about it online and looking at what you can do in this game and when I finally got the game I was not disappointed a bit! I love the gameplay in this game both in survival and creative mode. I love survival because it gives me that feeling of exploration of going to build and craft things, fight monsters, go mining and when you complete hard tasks it can feel very rewarding. I also love creative mode because it's the opportunity to go around a create things that are huge and beautiful with almost no limitations; some things in creative do take a long time to make but when I am done they are very rewarding as well. I also love the music in this game and some of the atmospheres; however I will warn you that there are some really creepy things in this game. Overall, Minecraft is a masterpiece! I really wish people wouldn't bash this game just because they may call it too "mainstream" or something like that. The game is great, It also great to come back to this game after not playing it for a while. Trust me, I started playing this game back in 2012 and I am still playing it a lot today in 2014. Expand
  96. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  97. Apr 6, 2014
    The ones who say the graphics are bad, well, its your own fault for buying it. Always look at reviews and videos first. The game is meant to be full of pixels like that, its how Mojang intended it to be.
    Anways, this game is great, hours of play. You can say its a sandbox game, but it is not a sandbox, its a toybox! Lots of fun with it!
  98. Apr 7, 2014
    Minecraft is by far one of the greatest indie game ever invented. And I sure gives the inventor (Markus "Notch" Persson) a hell of a point. This voxel based sandbox game that is really fun to play. It increased people's creativity to create, explore, and other things you can imagine surviving with a more intense world. From the ALPHA phase, Minecraft was still nothing. But in the BETA phase, it already broke some records. First record, it was awarded the most popular game in BETA. The next record, shows that this game is the best sandbox game yet. Exploring the unlimited possibilities in the endless world of cubes. Crafting, Surviving, and Thriving. Making huge creations and make differences in this world. They also update the game eventually sometimes in 2 months time. And by my very critic, this game deserves a wonderful score of 10. Some people may say that this game is a waste of time. Well, it's actually a very great game to KILL some time. Some of the users/players of this game says that it lacked of gaming and it's made out of pixel. Some say it's the worst. The game is actually pixelated, but it's actually pixelated using cubes and blocks. That's why it seems so 3D. You can create endless creations and everything you want. But my surprise of this game it the multiplayer feature. It is really fun and enjoyable playing beyond the community and have fun by playing minigames. Or just doing a survival together with your friends. A 3D sandbox with a multiplayer feature? That's really fun for players that doesn't like being alone. I picked the three best servers so far, and the three of them keep amaze me anytime I go there. The best server so far is Mineplex by my opinion. The second is the Hypixel Network. And the third is The Hive. I really don't judge these servers because they are all good-to-play servers and all that, but in those critic, I'll judge them because this IS a critic. Apart from all of that, this is a wonderful game. I honored the creators of this game, which is TeamMojang, and I appreciate this kind of games. Indulging and exciting. Expand
  99. Apr 13, 2014
    This game can be very fun at 90% of times but when it is not it gets kind of boring, but like I said It is a very great game with all the new mini games and other things. I will say this I miss minecraft back then by back then I mean 1.2 after 1.2 it kinda went down by minecraft will always be a special game to me and it was 1 of the first pc games I bought and played even to this day I still play it and there graphics are pretty decent, so this game deserves a good rating! :) Expand
  100. Jan 13, 2013
    After playing minecraft now for more than two years, I can finally say that the game is beginning to take a turn for the worse. The game as completely changed, and into something most people don't enjoy. One reason I am being so critical here is the change in sound whenever you hit a brick. It just doesn't feel right to hear that sound instead of the one I used to know. I just don't see a point in continuing to try to change the game anymore than they already have, there is not much more they can add to improve the games mechanics and features at all. I enjoyed the days where minecraft was a game where you were not forced to eat almost all the time. Now they are making it more "realistic", which I can see makes the game more challenging. Realism also attracts more people to play the game. I am really tongue tied on this one, and I really don't have a clue what I want to say about this game anymore. It went from being excellent, to now it's starting to get boring. They need to improve it for the better instead of the worse, and they need to do it quick before they lose a lot of fans, and players. When I got a new computer, I had intentions of having a good time playing it. The worse had already happened though, it changed. I am going to give this a score that I just need to give, and I recommend giving it a try, but don't expect too much from what used to be the original minecraft. Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]