7.4

1. Mar 14, 2016
    I love minecraft, don't get me wrong, but the community... it's so horrible, it's just full of little ddosing kids, screaming immature kids, and also people who claim that Minecraft is the best game (No problem with them), the people who I have a problem with is the people that try to TELL you that it's the best game, they'll make this stupid list of stuff like "10 reasons Minecraft isI love minecraft, don't get me wrong, but the community... it's so horrible, it's just full of little ddosing kids, screaming immature kids, and also people who claim that Minecraft is the best game (No problem with them), the people who I have a problem with is the people that try to TELL you that it's the best game, they'll make this stupid list of stuff like "10 reasons Minecraft is better than (Insert game here)", or "10 reasons why (insert game here) sucks." Expand
  2. Mar 11, 2016
    This game is so poorly made, and somehow addicting at the same time, its had an actual negative impact on my life. Seriously. Minecraft is the only game that has made me legitimately angry with how bad it is. It has so much potential, but the developers have zero idea what to do with it.
  3. Feb 9, 2016
    Minecraft is a game that receives much praise and adoration for being an intuitive and ground-breaking game, despite the lack of actual gameplay present. Many people defend the game saying that it is a bastion for creativity and design, yet everything Minecraft related that I ever see is "[insert already existing franchise] Minecraft version!"

The big selling point of the game is that

The big selling point of the game is that you can do anything you want, except play a functional game. Essentially, Minecraft is an early-access game under the guise of a fully developed game.
  4. Dec 16, 2015
    It doesn't feel finished, nor polished. Not even after years. There's hardly any conveyance for the player to have a sense of progression and it takes less than 2 hours to achieve most relevant things in the game. The rest of it is so niche that almost nobody will do it. Yes, building is fun, but the game doesn't test the worth of your building skills whatsoever. In fact, the only valueIt doesn't feel finished, nor polished. Not even after years. There's hardly any conveyance for the player to have a sense of progression and it takes less than 2 hours to achieve most relevant things in the game. The rest of it is so niche that almost nobody will do it. Yes, building is fun, but the game doesn't test the worth of your building skills whatsoever. In fact, the only value your builds have is purely subjective and set by players, because the game doesn't reinforce it's own strengths. If voxel based builders are tools to create art, then Minecraft is equivalent to Microsoft Paint, and we're in a long road to reach something on the level of Adobe Photoshop or Paint Tool SAI. Expand
  5. Dec 7, 2015
    Before complaining i have to say, the original concept of this game is just phenomenal,
    it could have become one of the best games of all times but there are a few important
    problems, or should I say one big problem (because all the problems that are currently in this game come from this major issue), namely the develloper, Mojang, after having a great idea, and realizing it in a very
    from this major issue), namely the develloper, Mojang, after having a great idea, and realizing it in a very good
    way with the possibilities that they had back then, has become very rich, and since then it seems that he didn't
    invest more in his game, just the strict minimum (if the minimum is at a very low level), it seems that he just
    counted on some free-to-employ modders to add some content and fix all the problems. Because there are plenty of problems. First the content. The only enjoyable gamemode is the survival (or the creative, it depends)
    , the singleplayer mode. But there after sometime it can become very boring because of the lack of content,
    besides the basic content ( that i don't have to explain to you, I guess), there have been a few contents that have been added to, in these years after the launch, but you have passed around them very quickly, I'll give you
    an example : one of the major additional contents that have been added are the villages, they've been made
    to bring a little bit life in the game, but they only consist of some sandstone blocks with glass windows and
    wooden doors, and the only life fulling it are the npc villagers whose only utillity is to exchange things with the player ( in a very simplistic way, I assure you), this and the other contentless content cannot keep on your
    interest for a very long time, and I want to add this, I find the world very small, not in it's lenght of course, but in
    it's maximum height (or in it 's depth if you see things from the sky) and in the structures generated.
    The other main problem is a technical one, a game with so basic programming and such a lack of content
    that is all generated randomly (procieding after one six numbered seed), and I have to add, VERY, VERY **** GRAPHICS, is destined to work perfectly, even on the **** computer or gameboy. But that's not
    the case (the opposite is the case), and if you want to have acceptable, basic graphics you need a very strong
    computer, for example, my computer can run any game with the highest settings perfectly (whitout minecraft).
    So I have to conclude, and say that I regrett that I bought this game rather than cracking it on the internet,
    because I find it very inacceptable that people won millions with a game, whith not so many work on it, and while earning more and more millions, spitting on people's face with successively adding some half-ready content to make a very poor beta version. I find this game should be given to proffesional developpers (people who know how to programm a game that runs properly) to make it a good game by making it bigger better and funnier (there are plenty of ways to do this). Then maybe I see some hope for this game, and it should be considered one of the (hundred) best games of all times.
  6. Nov 20, 2015
    this game is bringing the gaming experience back to 1970 . dont even try to play beacouse then you will feel mad for wasting 10mb from your pcs harddrive
  7. Nov 9, 2015
    Boring as can be alone, Minecraft is a bad game to play alone or with random people.
    The only way to make it fun is to play it with good friends.
    Minecraft is very repetitive because all you do is a circle (spawn, cut wood, build a house , dig and dig and dig some more, kill a badly designed dragon and do it forever and ever) If you somehow find it enjoyable enough it is kinda a good
    The only way to make it fun is to play it with good friends.
    If you somehow find it enjoyable enough it is kinda a good time waster.
    Minecraft is kinda fun with your friends but there are a lot of games that are more fun.
    My conclusion Minecraft isn't worth to buy for even 10$ but if you somehow still want to check the game out try to get it so cheap as possible.
  8. Nov 7, 2015
    This is probably the best game ever made in my opinion. So you're probably wondering why I rate it a big fat ZERO when my opinion of the game is so high. Well to be frank the community is ruined beyond repair and you will never find a decent server that actually lasts. The average age of Minecraft players is around 10, and even if there are a few older players most of those are reallyThis is probably the best game ever made in my opinion. So you're probably wondering why I rate it a big fat ZERO when my opinion of the game is so high. Well to be frank the community is ruined beyond repair and you will never find a decent server that actually lasts. The average age of Minecraft players is around 10, and even if there are a few older players most of those are really immature or vapid. For example I met one guy in his late twenties and all he did was build box houses.

Which leads me to my main quarrel with the community; nobody actually builds things anymore. It is a shame that the ultimate sandbox has been turned into a cheap survival/PVP game by stupid brats. Most servers are p2w now, the last one I played on gave full protection 4 armor to players who "donated." I consider myself a builder, I made really nice things in this game, and was made staff on a few servers because my builds were so high quality. It was immensely frustrating to me because no one else seemed to even try and servers ended up full of ugly box houses no matter how much the server's staff stressed the importance of good building.

Mojang is not enforcing their EULA and taking down servers that violate it by selling overpowered items. They will not even take the time to reply to your report apparently. What really grinds my gears though is they've put the last year of development into making a "PVP update" that basically caters to the same PVP crowd that has turned Minecraft multiplayer into a p2w PVP fest. Mojang could easily go after the few websites that allow players to set up these "donation" shops but I suspect those websites have bribed them into looking the other way by giving them a portion of the profits.
  9. Oct 23, 2015
    I Absoulutely can't believe i gave 10/10 to a game like this before...
    oh what a stupid child i used to be...
    And such stupid reviewers too, 10/10? really? 9/10 but 4/10 to Silent Hill Downpour? really IGN?
    The game is still fun.

If played on Parkour maps with friends, but the game itself? ****, its just Overrated.
    Overall Score (without actually reviewing it): 4/10
  10. Aug 4, 2015
    マインクラフトは大人気のゲームで、多くのゲーム機に移植されています。そのため、プレーを楽しみにしていました。しかし、結論として、非常につまらないゲームでした。期待が高かっただけに残念です。

このゲームは、[何でもできる] というよりは [何にもできない] といったほうが正しいでしょう。一般的に、ゲームの楽しさといえば以下です。 ・まだ見ぬ世界を旅して、新しい土地、新しい人たちに出会い、新しい敵と戦います。 ・強い敵に何度も倒されながら、プレーヤー自身の操作技術の向上によって敵を倒します。 ・苦労の末に目標を満たし、達成感を獲得します。 しかし、このゲームには、これらの全部がありませんでした。その上、マニュアルもヘルプも何もありません。要するに、このゲームでできることは、[非常に解像度の悪い 10年前のゲームのような画面の中を無意味にうろつくこと]

このゲームは、[何でもできる] というよりは [何にもできない] といったほうが正しいでしょう。一般的に、ゲームの楽しさといえば以下です。
    ・まだ見ぬ世界を旅して、新しい土地、新しい人たちに出会い、新しい敵と戦います。
    ・強い敵に何度も倒されながら、プレーヤー自身の操作技術の向上によって敵を倒します。
    ・苦労の末に目標を満たし、達成感を獲得します。

しかし、このゲームには、これらの全部がありませんでした。その上、マニュアルもヘルプも何もありません。要するに、このゲームでできることは、[非常に解像度の悪い 10年前のゲームのような画面の中を無意味にうろつくこと] だけです。これでは、おもしろいはずがありません。

ほかの欠点として、以下があります。
    ・非常に小さいウィンドウでしか遊べません。ウィンドウを広げたり最大化したりしても、全体が拡大して粗くなるだけです。
    ・このゲームには昼と夜がありますが、夜は暗すぎてよく見えません。
    ・常に マインクラフトのウィンドウがアクティブでなければ、ゲームは一時停止します。一見 親切に見えますが、夜の間は暗くてプレーしづらいため、あさまで ほかのことをして待ちたいのです。しかし、マインクラフトをアクティブにし続けなければいけません。非常に退屈です。

----------------------------------------

Minecraft is very famous game. Therefore, Minecraft is being transplanted to many video games. Therefore, I pleasantly waited for playing Minecraft. However, Minecraft was very dull and foolish game for me. Minecraft disappointed me very much.

Many people say [Minecraft can do everything]. However, actually, Minecraft cannot do anything. Pleasures of video games are below.

- Players can travel uncharted place, and meet many people, and battle strong enemies.
    - Players are defeated many times by evil enemies and mysteries, and difficult traps. Then, players practice many times, and get many information and techniques. Finally, players defeat evil bosses.
    - Finally, players achieve the goal, and can get the feeling of achievement.

However, this game has nothing. Moreover, this game does not have any manuals. This game can do only one thing. It is that [player can wander the world with very bad resolution without any goals, without any adventures]. Therefore, I hate Minecraft.
  11. Jun 23, 2015
    Very overrated game, you can do alot and build alot but then you're done cause there is still no point to anything of it. The only value it holds for me is that it is virtual legos.
  12. Jun 1, 2015
    They worked harder upon its trailers and its franchise than they did upon their own game. The opposite could have been true.

P.S. Trust me when I say that I have played this game.
  13. May 22, 2015
    i think its not a very good game because of its bad graphic but its a real open world game as i seen ever before
    another negetive notice of this game is that we cant use mods easily its hard to work.with the mods
  14. May 9, 2015
    This game was good before 1.8 beta, with people making amazing pixel art and there were amazing vanilla servers.
    Now it's just a couple of 12 year old kids trying to be funny on the internet by playing on extremely modded servers that make completely no sense, griefing and hacking.
    If you dislike this review than you're a 12 year old kid yourself.
  15. Apr 26, 2015
    Most of people likes the game, and its ok, but the game is not very good in my opinion, WHY??

THE COMMUNITY: A lot of bad players and people that wants an original account of the game (they play it pirate) to play in servers "premium" and play with their "GODS" (more sarcasm, but in some chases true) GRAPHICS: graphics of 1993!! CONCLUTION: I PLAYED THIS GAME SINCE 2012, BUT THE

GRAPHICS: graphics of 1993!!

CONCLUTION: I PLAYED THIS GAME SINCE 2012, BUT THE GAME LOSED CUALITY AND ITS NOT THE SAME, SINGLEPLAYER IS VERY GOOD!!
  16. Apr 9, 2015
    minecraft is the most overrated thing ever. the game is so boring I fell asleep went I played it it's that boring I know a lot of people like this game but I fought it was boring.
  17. Mar 25, 2015
    the game keeps getting worse and worse they are trying to make it a rpg simlator witch i dont like and the controls feel like a bad inde game the game used to at least functional without mods
  18. Mar 20, 2015
    Minecraft is the dumbest game in the universe and is full of angry kids too. The price is expensive. 30 dollars for a stupid game. Mojang is trying to make money by selling a stupid game. Terraria is way better.
  19. Mar 18, 2015
    Decent for 8years olds i dont like minecraft cant believe somebody watching minecraft omgomg look its SSundee but anywaylets get back to game
    Bad Stuff:
    -No Story
    -Whats The point building? There is no point building.
    -Looks very old.

-Good things:
    -Mods make the game a bit better
    -1.7.2 Version improoved the game.
  20. Mar 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The most overrated game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  21. Feb 24, 2015
    Well, Minecraft was great game until little kids found it and ruined it... So It's I would not say it is worth the 20€... And I know this is suppossed to be 16bit, but looks terrible... And "da physics... It's not too detailed and the gameplay sucks...
    + Point of the game
    - Graphics
    - Physics
    - I thought that chicken is duck
  22. Feb 23, 2015
    ****
    no storyline
    **** like graphics
    servers full of morons
    have no good sides
    realism is ****
    only good side is creative
    worthless piece crap
    game boring out a hell
  23. Feb 6, 2015
    this game is SO REPETITIVE IS KILLS MY BRAIN. you start a survival game get wood build a house, get stone, get iron and get diamonds. then it just gets really boring. also its for 9 year olds
  24. Dec 16, 2014
    Overrated game, I actually don't get why those "critics" have acclaimed this game, it's monotonous, boring as hell, graphics suck, time consuming, not rewarding as you get little input after lots of effort and time for building something, it has no gameplay whatsoever and you're just there in the middle of nowhere and have to waste time building something that will look terrible anyway.Overrated game, I actually don't get why those "critics" have acclaimed this game, it's monotonous, boring as hell, graphics suck, time consuming, not rewarding as you get little input after lots of effort and time for building something, it has no gameplay whatsoever and you're just there in the middle of nowhere and have to waste time building something that will look terrible anyway. The graphics are so horrible that give me headache, I'd rather play the originals Doom or Hexen instead of this sh*t with crappy design. Overrated at all. Expand
  25. Dec 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I personally think this game could have been way better.

First I will talk about the pros of the game.
    Yes, Minecraft encourages creativity and gets us to use our imagination, and this is appreciated. However, if you do singleplayer creative, it gets boring after a while, and if you do creative on a server, you will run into endless encounters of being griefed, trolled, etc. However with thg future updates being released, Creativity is probably Minecrafts true aspect to play this Game. Creative mode is greatly appreciated.

Well, to be honest, that's all I can really think of when talking about the pros of Minecraft. I don't believe Minecraft is good enough to be a Survival, or PVP game. What am I talking about? Well if you play survival, you build a house and survive the night. Maybe do some other things. It just feels like the updated don't really do anything to benefit Survial mode, the updates are just added for the sake of being added. It's like you play for a while, get bored, then play when new update comes out, get bored play when new update comes out etc. I really find it a pain in the @ss when playing Survial mode (and no I am not a noob at Survival).

I also believe that PVP is by far the WORST aspect of Minecraft. Firstly Diamond Armour (Enchanted and Non enchanted) really ruins the whole purpose of PVP as it is FAR better than the other armors. Minecraft PVP is not dynamic at all. It's literally people whacking each other repeatedly non stop. I dare to say that Call of Duty has a better PVP experience than Minecraft. (And Call of Duty is a piece of **** There is absolutely no dynamics to Minecraft PVP is literally people whacking each other repeatedly.

Enderpearls really ruin the aspect of PVP as well. Why? Well you can fight someone and almost kill them, then they just teleport away and you can't do anything. Enderpearls really defeat the **** purpose of Skywars (A game type on multiplayer).Enchantments add to the unbalance of PVP because they are way too overpowered, and give the user a massive advantage.The last reason why PVP sucks in Minecraft is well....LAG

Lag is one of Minecrafts biggest issues, and it's unfortunate that Mojang made Minecraft in Java. Java is probably the worst thing to code a game in, because it causes Lag as explained, and it's also easy for hackers to edit the coding to their liking and cheat. So when you get killed by a hacker in Minecraft PVP, remember that hacker probably wouldn't be a hacker if Minecraft hadn't written the game in Java.

The Next issue I want to point out is the Graphics of Minecraft. Many people say, "Oh the graphics of a game don't really matter". REALLY??? would you Play games like Skyrim if they had the same graphics as Daggerfall? Would you play GTA V if it had the same graphics as GTA San Andreas? I don't think so...

Another big factor deteriorating the game is the Community. Hackers, Greifers, Trolls, 12 year old homophobics, 6 year olds who whine and complain, people who think that they're all that, and Stupid and Biased server owners and admins really makes up Minecraft servers and the Minecraft community in a nutshell. In other words, 95% of the people who play minecrap are pieces of ****!!!

Ok so maybe you stopped reading my review after I said that, but YOU KNOW it's the ugly truth. Minecraft could have been such a better game if Mojang actually knew what the **** they were doing. But it's ok, I forgive them for being Nooby developers.

***

Well on A positive note, Minecraft is unique from any other game that's out there (both in good and bad ways), and If you are Lucky, can find a server where these issues are at a minimal. Speaking of servers, there is pretty much a server for just about every feature of Minecraft which is greatly appreciated.
  26. Nov 22, 2014
    If you happen to have a time machine handy, go back to 2010. Minecraft was at its best then. Now, in 2014, the game is flooded with content. So much so, that it's as thinly spread out as a jar of peanut butter over the Atlantic Ocean. It has too much going for it, which kills the game as a whole. It only stands up for the complete stupidity of the "vanilla" or original mode with itsIf you happen to have a time machine handy, go back to 2010. Minecraft was at its best then. Now, in 2014, the game is flooded with content. So much so, that it's as thinly spread out as a jar of peanut butter over the Atlantic Ocean. It has too much going for it, which kills the game as a whole. It only stands up for the complete stupidity of the "vanilla" or original mode with its absolutely MASSIVE modding community. But, if your game relies on mods to attract a crowd, you might as well head on over and sign up for Roblox, you illiterate ****
    TL;DR: A depressingly **** game that killed itself over time by saturating its content to the point of complete boredom. I can't go longer than 10 minutes playing this before I realize just how interesting my ceiling looks, a sign of true boredom. Consider this a platform to hold up mods, rather than a game and you can give it a solid 6/10. But, since this is a game, 2/10, you **** RIP Minecraft, an excellent game killed by oversaturation of content and a community that somehow beats out Call of Duty in the category of ****ty **** for ****s.
    Good if you need your spoiled ****face 10 year olds to shut up, otherwise, don't recommend. Want a real sandbox? Go play DayZ or something.
  27. Nov 5, 2014
    this gaem iz praty fin. it maiks me madd slumteims becuase piople break my hosues. its fun too kuill animals tho. i like makyng houses 4 powple cuaz i maek them owt uv drit
  28. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    I've finally fond a website where my school friends won't kill me because this game is the worst me I've ever played! Horrible game design with the lack of any tutorial, no graphics worth a damn and no character what so ever! I feel robbed of the £15 I spent on this turd!
  29. Oct 19, 2014
    Si su estética y su desarrollo fuera dirigido hacia un público mas adulto sería de agradecer. Con una cierta edad, a uno le da vergüenza jugar a esto. Los objetivos son repetitivos y aburridos, para crear algo decente hay que dedicarle demasiado tiempo.
    ¿Muchas posibilidades? Puede ser. Pero si el juego se hace aburrido pronto de que sirve.
    Un juego así pero con un enfoque adulto y real
    Un juego así pero con un enfoque adulto y real podría estar bien, pero no, Minecraft es un mundo de cubos aburrido e infantil. Una pérdida de tiempo, algo así como LBP pero peor.
  30. Oct 8, 2014
    Not worth the purchase at all! The game is full of bugs and glitches! It wouldn't download on my PC either. The controls were easy. I don't recommend Minecraft to anybody!
  31. Sep 24, 2014
    Fun at first, fun for youtubers, overrated as hell, eventually only mods and plugins will make it fun. Servers if you're lucky. But guess who DOESN'T get paid? Mod, plugin and server devs. Actual game devs are lazy idiots who ride off of the success of the community and sell it to microsoft, before walking out claiming they can't handle it.
  32. Aug 19, 2014
    The game was fun at first.Now it turned into a map making tool.They dont even listen to their fans.Almost all servers are p2w.On pvp servers if you kill someone you get called out hacks and the person starts raging.There havent been any "fun" uptades for a while just snapshots.
  33. Aug 13, 2014
    This "game" is way too overrated for what it really is. First of all, the price for the PC version is ridiculous - for the same amount of money, you can get a big hit game with a lot more content, better quality and better support.

Even though the price seemed too much, I wanted to give it a try. After all, I've played for quite some time the mobile versions of the game (Android and iOS), which were enjoyable - but priced more accordingly. I've bought the game from their online store, paid using PayPal but never got the game.

It turns out, their customer service is terrible. It took them more than a week to reply to my support request - and when they did, I got a blunt reply back. This is not the way to treat a customer.

Yes, Minecraft is a unique game - and it has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the people behind it seem to be more focused on the profits right now than on the quality.

I've only managed to play the demo version on PC which seems quite average. The graphics are nice at first, but they become annoying after a while - luckily there are plenty of mods to fix this. The performance is average - games with better graphics run a lot better on the same machine.

Despite having a very large modding community, it does not have an open API. Considering the plans for expanding into a MMO style setup (Minecraft Realms), I'm wondering what's the future of modding in a setup like this.

Conclusion: Until they decide to improve the quality of the game, to implement a better customer support system (and fix their payment service), I really cannot recommend this game, unless you're looking for trouble.
  34. Aug 7, 2014
    Personally I tend to the negative side of the game. Not because of the game itself, the gameplay is fine, but the childish community of the game can be very annoying. Since the game is made by straight out java (as I know), it does not allow advanced managing method of the game though Minecraft allows some simple mods. Players can destroy other's creations easily and thus you can see howPersonally I tend to the negative side of the game. Not because of the game itself, the gameplay is fine, but the childish community of the game can be very annoying. Since the game is made by straight out java (as I know), it does not allow advanced managing method of the game though Minecraft allows some simple mods. Players can destroy other's creations easily and thus you can see how grieving is so common in this game. I understand that freedom is the main aspect of sandbox games but I think the situation may become a bit too far for multiplayer in Minecraft. Expand
  35. Aug 7, 2014
    Why? Why would you play a game with so little effort? No replay value? No "Gameplay"? A game that rips off so many great games. don't buy this game! this is nothing more than a novelty item that became over hyped. if you want a game where you can unleash your creativity try the sims or simcity or an city building game for that matter. I know that all you fanboys out there are going toWhy? Why would you play a game with so little effort? No replay value? No "Gameplay"? A game that rips off so many great games. don't buy this game! this is nothing more than a novelty item that became over hyped. if you want a game where you can unleash your creativity try the sims or simcity or an city building game for that matter. I know that all you fanboys out there are going to shred this review to pieces but I don't care. get a life. Expand
  36. Aug 2, 2014
    Нудная, неинтересная игра которая по непонятным мне причинам очень популярная среди школоты и (что очень странно) среди казалось бы адекватных взрослых людей.
  37. Jul 29, 2014
    **** **** GAME! overpriced for bad graphics and quality. MY CONNECTION KEEPS GETTING LOST FROM THE SERVERS WHEN IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME AND I SPENT ALL DAY JUST TRYING TO CHANGE MY **** SKIN. I GAVE UP TOO CAUSE IT DIDNT WORK AND NOW IM STUCK WITH A STUPID STEVE SKIN. I TRIED TO LOG IN ON THE WEBSITE BUT IT KEPT SAYING USERNAME OR PASSWORD WRONG. WHEN I RESET THIS PASSWORD IT KEPT**** **** GAME! overpriced for bad graphics and quality. MY CONNECTION KEEPS GETTING LOST FROM THE SERVERS WHEN IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME AND I SPENT ALL DAY JUST TRYING TO CHANGE MY **** SKIN. I GAVE UP TOO CAUSE IT DIDNT WORK AND NOW IM STUCK WITH A STUPID STEVE SKIN. I TRIED TO LOG IN ON THE WEBSITE BUT IT KEPT SAYING USERNAME OR PASSWORD WRONG. WHEN I RESET THIS PASSWORD IT KEPT SAYING THE SAME THING. FOR **** SAKE, PS3 IS WAY BETTER, PC IS A LOAD OF UNEEDED STRESS!!!! MOJANG SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  38. Jul 14, 2014
    **New Review**

**New Review**

Okay hmm, where to start. Well, minecraft is a fun, openworld game with lots of possibilities. Server developers and modders seem to do more work than the actual game developers. The AI is laughable, because modders can make massive, scaly dragons or gigantic pumped zombies. The supposed 'creator' of this game spends more time on vacation than he works. I myself own a MC annual 2014, and the mojang people have a pinball machine which they spend more time on. They think themselves cool but really their not. Minecraft is a amazing game, which has skyrocketed in sales. But "Notch" promised things he couldn't deliver, such as a CTF. After the game was released, he basically dumped the game on Jens (or Jeb). The only reason I play this game is because of the mods and servers people make. Minecraft Singleplayer gets incredibly boring. While minecraft mod makers can produce a mod in two days, BAM you have massive dragons, fire breathing trolls, a brand new varirety of weapons, food, tools, ores and even a portal gun! But the developers keep us every time we log onto minecraft staring at that same screen, the same screen all the time. The only ever updates they produce are bug fixes. They promise a amazing "1.8" but they just keep adding and adding and most people won't be able to support their game. Surprisingly, you need a pretty good computer to run the good parts of minecraft, such as Amplified, servers and a Custom World. If you want to have a bit of fun, then I would defiantly recommend this game. But for the hardcore gamer, this isn't for you.
  39. Jun 27, 2014
    I have very mixed opinons about this game. when I first got it, I got sucked into server play. then I tried the singleplayer and I got thru 1 hour before falling asleep. this game has amazing multiplayer because of servers and stuff but I never play splayer. and I got bored of the game . after a few months. now I only play it because of mods but that doesn't count as the real game. if youI have very mixed opinons about this game. when I first got it, I got sucked into server play. then I tried the singleplayer and I got thru 1 hour before falling asleep. this game has amazing multiplayer because of servers and stuff but I never play splayer. and I got bored of the game . after a few months. now I only play it because of mods but that doesn't count as the real game. if you don't have minecraft then I'm fine with that and I only recommend it for the mods and the multiplayer servers. also if you want a fresh take on a mining game (that is not nearly a rip-off of minecraft) you should try terraria if you can enjoy a 2D game. oh yeah, also minecraft only has 2 bosses which gets really old quick. mojang please add more to this game to make it be worth 28$. or just lower the price. Expand
  40. Jun 11, 2014
    Ehh i have to say this game was PERFECT until 1.8 patch. The added all RPG and **** stuff wich completly destroyed the feeling of minecraft. It was a great, simple and FUN game. Now? It's stupid, boring and completly not fun game..
  41. Jun 6, 2014
    They are wasting my time, as a server owner, trying to get all my plugins ready for the UUID change, they have been planning this for over 2 years now, and it takes 2-3 months, and there is no update still, the community is also falling in the gutter.
  42. May 27, 2014
    Possibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think thisPossibly the most overrated game of all time, it has nothing new ever, it has boring gameplay, stupid AI (even for a game that kids can play) and the same thing that is the opposite of fun Mining and Creating, it is the same all the time, if you want to draw create or whatever just draw with pencil and paper instead of £17 of boredom, also GMod is way better than this, if you think this has lots to do, it hasn't compared to GMod (Garry's Mod) Expand
  43. Apr 27, 2014
    It's EXTREMELY OVERRATED. It's REALLY freaking boring. The only time I have ever played is online and it gets boring after a couple of hours. It's really a crappy game.
  44. Apr 4, 2014
    My computer hyperventilates more often playing Minecraft than it does Mirror's Edge. My brain can't stand to have the same activity repeated every time I start up the game. I can't stand the community,"YOLO SWAG! YOU HACKER! STOP HACKING! STRAFING IS A GREAT STRATEGY! I HAVE NO LIFE! BUTTER IS GOLD! I'M SUICIDAL!" Worst of all, my friends ONLY have Mindcrap, so they beg me to play.My computer hyperventilates more often playing Minecraft than it does Mirror's Edge. My brain can't stand to have the same activity repeated every time I start up the game. I can't stand the community,"YOLO SWAG! YOU HACKER! STOP HACKING! STRAFING IS A GREAT STRATEGY! I HAVE NO LIFE! BUTTER IS GOLD! I'M SUICIDAL!" Worst of all, my friends ONLY have Mindcrap, so they beg me to play. Survival games. "PVP." The only two activities they enjoy on this game. Most people only like Minecraft because it's the only game they have. I got my friend Garry's Mod, AND HE NEVER PLAYS IT! WHEN HE DOES, HE DOES FOR FIVE MINUTES, THEN GOES AND PLAYS "SURVIVAL GAMES"! I could rant and rave all day about this game, but I'm tired and going insane from my Minecraft player friend. Expand
  45. Mar 29, 2014
    Wow, this game really restricts your creativity. I mean, all you can make are giant penises. I haven't jerked off in about two years because I'm so sick of seeing penises. I'm even afraid of my own penis now. I haven't changed pants in about ten years. Well, I guess I'm gonna go play some DickCraft. See ya big boy.
  46. Feb 23, 2014
    Useless. Just one word to describe it. Is a game that can entertain you for 3/4 hours before that you realize that your life can go on without build cubic virtual houses in mud and crap.
  47. Feb 22, 2014
    Ah, good old Minecraft... I honestly don't know where to start with this one. Discussing Minecraft in a negative manner is extremely dangerous thanks to the amount of drooling drones that will defend this game to their last breath. Hmm... Well, let's break this review up into multiple categories.

1. Graphics This is a very subjective and sensitive topic to elaborate on. It all comes

1. Graphics
    This is a very subjective and sensitive topic to elaborate on. It all comes down to your personal opinion. Some people like Minecraft's 'retro' graphical style, and some people say it's disgusting. But games aren't all about the graphics, right? Well, maybe for some people... Don't worry though, the vast modding community surrounding the game has come up with many fantastic texture mods to suit your needs. Hell, you can even make a texture mod yourself if you wanted to. Personally, I think the original textures look bland and boring, but I digress...

2. Sound
    The sound design for Minecraft is nothing short of a masterpiece. Whether smashing a block, or listening to the game's soundtrack, you'll instantly be satisfied. I haven't found one person that doesn't like Minecraft's vast soundtrack. It has a calm and soothing tone to it. Sometimes you'll hear creepy cave wind sounds when mining, or hear running water when near a stream. It's definitely one of the better things about Minecraft. There are many different sounds modifications as well.

3. Gameplay
    Minecraft's simplistic nature is what makes it so easy to pick up and play. Well, when you learn the different crafting recipes of course. But this fact is also it's greatest downfall... After you've conquered every dungeon and cave, found every mineral and treasure, and built your own little town, there's not much left to do. The game has no plot or purpose, it's just kind of there for you to paint your own world on the canvas of your own choosing. I'm simply saying after doing this same process over and over, it starts to grow on you. It becomes less and less exciting for every diamond or rare goodie you find. Don't worry though, there's tons of mods to keep you interested, right? Eh, most of the mods are focused on making the game even easier than it already is so... it's a mixed bag. It all comes back to your own opinion.

4. Community
    This goes without saying... Minecraft's community is horrible. Lemme give you some insight on what kinds of 'people' I've come across.

A. Extremely immature children that think they know everything and anything about the world.
    B. Teenagers that have no life outside of coming home from school and sitting on their computer.
    C. Adults in their 30s and 40s that haven't quite grown up yet.
    D.(EXTREMELY RARE) All around good people that respect fellow players and the game itself.

So yeah, another mixed bag... Eh, this topic is pretty pointless. It'll only serve to get more mindless drones to thumb down this review because they can't accept the truth.

Conclusion...
    All in all, this game is not horrendously bad... It has it's flaws, but let's be honest... The only thing that has kept this game afloat in recent years is the vast modding community that adds new content regularly. The original developers, Mojang, have become greedy and lazy, and are just letting the community do their work for them. The only thing they seem to add to the game are more bugs and glitches. I am appalled at the childish behavior by the main developers on social media sites... But the matter of the fact is, money changes people. It makes them evil. That's a fact we can all agree on...

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate you taking time out of your day for my review. To all the mindless drones, go ahead and thumb this down into oblivion. I really don't care.

-Starkiller94
  48. Feb 16, 2014
    A once fantastic game, Minecraft over the time has hit a sudden decline every since certain things were added, removed, and changed. Some for the better, and for the worst. Some like it, others do not but I'm in the middle, a decline from when I first played it---which was a 9.
  49. Jan 26, 2014
    The game started out fine, don't get me wrong. But as it updated more and more and more, it became clear that this game is just a cash cow. There is nearly no actual new content in these updates and it's pretty horrible, really. The only good thing about this game is the building aspect. To say that Terraria is a shameless Minecraft ripoff is an insult to humanity.

This is without a

This is without a doubt the most overrated game of all time and if you want an actually, you know, FUN game, check out Terraria. It's cheaper and still better in pretty much every aspect, except that it's 2D except of 3D but that isn't necessarily bad.
  50. Jan 25, 2014
    I loved Minecraft 2009-2011, but then the community peed on me. On me and a lot of other players. It got demolished by these "youtube stars". Stars, but about to go supernova. Please, stop, its disgusting. About the game, it was fine until you play a lot of it, not its so horrible. Best was around 1.8, then it was ****
  51. Jan 22, 2014
    How this crap is getting such scores. It doesn't have plot, graphics are **** (I mean really ****), don't know about soundtrack (if there is any), but **** me, there is only gameplay. I am giving 0/10 just to bring the balance, it should have 60/100 score.
  52. Jan 5, 2014
    Minecraft is an unoriginal game that made millions. I mean, what game have you NOT seen that evolves placing blocks? The combat is broken, with you having no hands, no polished feel to it (all you do is spam the left click button), and the AI for enemy's is retarded. All they do is walk up to you and do damage with no animation, and if you place a block in front of them, they just stayMinecraft is an unoriginal game that made millions. I mean, what game have you NOT seen that evolves placing blocks? The combat is broken, with you having no hands, no polished feel to it (all you do is spam the left click button), and the AI for enemy's is retarded. All they do is walk up to you and do damage with no animation, and if you place a block in front of them, they just stay there stuck. Another thing bad about Minecraft is that if you want to host a server, YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A SEPARATE PROGRAM. You have to download the java server file, and drag and drop and make folders... IT'S SO HARD TO MAKE A SERVER! Why didn't Notch the fat man just put the server maker in the game? Also, with the Minecraft multiplayer, ALL Triple A servers BEG YOU to pay VIP which can cost to about $20-$50.
    With VIP, you gain an overpowered advantage to player who play free, by getting overpowered weapons, overpowared armor, that stuff. BUT. If you are VIP, you are allowed to KICK somebody OFF the server so you can join! Fat pigs.
  53. Jan 4, 2014
    Minecraft gets really boring after a few hours. Without any objective given, you quickly lose interest in playing. The developers don't even care about the game and the community has to make mods in order to give it some variety. Also, the combat is horrible, you can't talk to NPC's, enemy AI is garbage and building structures becomes tedious after a while.

Minecraft is terribly

Minecraft is terribly overrated and Youtube is polluted with videos of little kids making Let's Plays of this game in hope to earn a quick buck from subscriptions. A shameless ripoff of Infiniminer and doesn't do anything original or interesting to be considered worth playing.
  54. Jan 3, 2014
    This is a game the same way lego is a game- meaning, it isn't. This is a building simulation which is ultimately the most overrated game of the decade. Graphics, controls, and UI are all absolutely horrid- but it's an indie sandbox, so naturally that's enough for those who hate anything made by a big company to love it. If this game was made by EA, every person praising it would instead beThis is a game the same way lego is a game- meaning, it isn't. This is a building simulation which is ultimately the most overrated game of the decade. Graphics, controls, and UI are all absolutely horrid- but it's an indie sandbox, so naturally that's enough for those who hate anything made by a big company to love it. If this game was made by EA, every person praising it would instead be talking about how horrible it is. Too bad this era's of gamers are more interested in gaming politics than they are in actual games.

And queue the flood of terrible but cheap or free indie games.
  55. Nov 1, 2013
    This is the most overrated game I have ever played. It quickly got boring after a while. I swear, this is not where creation games should go. And the fanbase of this game is worse than the fanbase of CoD hating on every person who gives even the smallest disliking to this game. And worst of all, the terrible YouTube channels like SkyDoesMinecraft make this game worse.
  56. Oct 27, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game. I mostly play games single player though, and I feel that the single player experience is Minecraft's biggest weakness. Exploring is fun at first, as is mining minerals and getting better gear, but this quickly becomes repetitive because there is not as much to find. Building grand structures and complex mechanisms (the highlight of the game) is notI really wanted to like this game. I mostly play games single player though, and I feel that the single player experience is Minecraft's biggest weakness. Exploring is fun at first, as is mining minerals and getting better gear, but this quickly becomes repetitive because there is not as much to find. Building grand structures and complex mechanisms (the highlight of the game) is not much fun in a world where you are the only one to appreciate it. Combat is another big weakness. There are essentially only two ways to attack enemies: melee attacks and bows. All weapons in the game have the same "attacks" so combat is the same formula throughout the game, you just don't have many options. This all might have been tolerable if the game had a pleasant atmosphere, but with graphics that I personally don't think look good, and a lack of good music, the game is not fun to spend time in. If it had better physics, more combat options (like magic), and more "progression" the game would be fun for single player, but as it is now it's really just a sandbox building game with some survival, exploration, and combat elements tacked on. Expand
  57. Sep 29, 2013
    This game is horrible, let me first start by saying the graphics are just HORRIBLE, and the game is way too overpriced. The only thing you can do in this game is place stupid blocks. Combat is also boring, there are no animatons and the sound effects are horrible. 0 out of 10
  58. Aug 29, 2013
    Ugh, just terrible. Sure, good graphics doesn't mean a good game, but this game was bad in every aspect. What is this game? What exactly is the purpose of this game? It's not about creativity, it's not what the game developer aimed for. The game is terrible and deserves this nil. As another person suggested, this is merely Lego on your computer screen, and yes, the Minecraft communityUgh, just terrible. Sure, good graphics doesn't mean a good game, but this game was bad in every aspect. What is this game? What exactly is the purpose of this game? It's not about creativity, it's not what the game developer aimed for. The game is terrible and deserves this nil. As another person suggested, this is merely Lego on your computer screen, and yes, the Minecraft community consists of under aged immature kids. Expand
  59. Aug 27, 2013
    The game is HIGHLY overrated. The gameplay is repetitive and not very exciting. The concept of endless building is great, but you can also have the same amount of fun by playing with Legos. Minecraft is loosing respect fast by older fans, and the developers should do something to win them back.
  60. Aug 17, 2013
    Now my old review for Minecraft I gave the game a 5/10 now it get's a flipping 0/10 for being one of my most hated games. First of all what makes Minecraft suck are the developers. Notch the original creator of Minecraft made many promises about things he was going to add to Minecraft. He fulfilled 1/100 of those promises and than gave it to Jeb so he didn't have to take the blame for it.Now my old review for Minecraft I gave the game a 5/10 now it get's a flipping 0/10 for being one of my most hated games. First of all what makes Minecraft suck are the developers. Notch the original creator of Minecraft made many promises about things he was going to add to Minecraft. He fulfilled 1/100 of those promises and than gave it to Jeb so he didn't have to take the blame for it. Than we have the new owner of Minecraft Jeb. Jeb completely ruined the game by adding all this new stuff that made the game look and feel worse. Everything went downhill from 1.8 and Jeb has only made it fall at a rapid rate. The game was not complete when released. It had little content and looked horrid compared to what it use to look like. Now we get rare updates that add more adventure qualities to a CREATIVE game! Look at the new update for example it added horses and that's about it and how long did it take them like an entire 2 months. This game is a sorry excuse for a game and I wish to see it burn! Minecraft is now a PvP game with terrible combat! 0/10 Expand
  61. Jul 31, 2013
    I hate how biased critics are now. They give everything a good review. And this is one circumstance where it deserves nothing. This is probably the most overrated game of all time. It's boring and every person who thinks it's good has either no taste or is under the age of 13. I don't care if the graphics are bad, that's a dumb thing to care about in a game, but Minecraft is so boring andI hate how biased critics are now. They give everything a good review. And this is one circumstance where it deserves nothing. This is probably the most overrated game of all time. It's boring and every person who thinks it's good has either no taste or is under the age of 13. I don't care if the graphics are bad, that's a dumb thing to care about in a game, but Minecraft is so boring and repetitive, I can't even play it for more than 10 minutes without being bored. There really is no point to playing the game. It's weird. A game without a purpose for playing. Notch got lucky with this game. If he put it out 10 years ago it would have gone nowhere. It's overrated and not worth anyone's money. Expand
  62. Jul 31, 2013
    When I first started playing Minecraft back in the Beta, I didn't like it. I didn't understand what you had to do first, and I wasn't impressed at all by the gameplay. After a while, when I learned the game, I started to like it more. I knew how to survive the first night, and how to craft things. I really got into the game and I was addicted to it. But after some years I got bored by it.When I first started playing Minecraft back in the Beta, I didn't like it. I didn't understand what you had to do first, and I wasn't impressed at all by the gameplay. After a while, when I learned the game, I started to like it more. I knew how to survive the first night, and how to craft things. I really got into the game and I was addicted to it. But after some years I got bored by it. I installed many mods because the alpha was just too boring with lack of content. Because of all the updates Minecraft got, I just didn't saw much improvement and most of the popular mods didn't got updated anymore. Also installing them became harder. I gave up on Minecraft, just because it's lack of weapons and armor, unoriginal enemys besides the creeper... It's boring. If Mojang just could add many things from the popular mods, it would be so much better. Expand
  63. Jun 27, 2013
    Minecraft has inspired many good even great games from the indie community, certainly including Terraria (which was actually a game). However, if we're going to judge this as a creative toy rather than a game, well there are many far-superior games which come with extremely powerful world-editors, unit-editors, etc. So why are you guys building a replica of the Enterprise instead of aMinecraft has inspired many good even great games from the indie community, certainly including Terraria (which was actually a game). However, if we're going to judge this as a creative toy rather than a game, well there are many far-superior games which come with extremely powerful world-editors, unit-editors, etc. So why are you guys building a replica of the Enterprise instead of a great new WC3 or SC2 custom map, or new animations, characters, or UIs? Maybe you want to create flying dragons for Skyrim, or just new music? There're a ton of moddable games out there people want to play in, but not necessarily create for, and it's generally pretty simple to mod games, even when script editors are involved. Particularly for Blizz games (and I haven't touched SC2 modding due to Activision/Blizz rules, on top of their DRM), the modding tools are powerful enough to allow you to create whatever kind of game you want, faster, simpler, prettier, and just more fun than possible to do in modding MC. For music, use something like Fruitloops why limit yourself to the extremely simple, and unwieldy tools in Minecraft? To that extent, I just don't get it and as a game alone, Minecraft just doesn't have much content. If I thought there were going to be massive monthly updates like we see in games like Don't Starve, I'd stick around but Minecraft's just too barren this late in. It was all hype, and it showed a ton of promise (mostly because it was actually being developed), and then.... it pretty much stayed the same.

It's difficult to really score this, though. Objectively, especially. I mean even though the base game is more-or-less unsupported at this point, the modders are still going full-steam and dramatically increasing the usability, flexibility, and enjoy-ability of the game. It's just a bad game (which was very promising) without good tools to help the modders out. So... I give the base-game alone 2/10, but 4/10 considering the current mods.
  64. Jun 22, 2013
    Boring game without any interesting updates. We have a promise from Mojang about new Mod API, new animals, adventure mode etc but we didn't get any new features apart from useless horses. It was revolution before, but now Mojang broken their nice game to something which is rubbish and boring.
  65. Apr 29, 2013
    The worst game ever created. The graphics: must I explain? They are lazy and terrible beyond the appropriate words I am going to use in this review. The combat sucks. The building is decent at best. The enemy AI is horrible. The friendly AI is horrible. The developers spend more time using their ocean of money and playing April fools jokes than updating the game. What does this godThe worst game ever created. The graphics: must I explain? They are lazy and terrible beyond the appropriate words I am going to use in this review. The combat sucks. The building is decent at best. The enemy AI is horrible. The friendly AI is horrible. The developers spend more time using their ocean of money and playing April fools jokes than updating the game. What does this god forsaken game have? The answer is simple: Nothing. Play a much better copy, or better sandbox games like ROBLOX and Terraria. This hellhole mess should be destroyed on sight. Expand
  66. Apr 10, 2013
    Horrible. The gameplay is decently entertaining with friends (but only for 2 days every 6 months or so.) The graphics are complete crap and the developers try to pass this off as attempting to be "retro" while if you look at actual retro games, they look much better than this. Even with these terrible graphics, Minecraft fails to run well on lower-end PCs because the developers areHorrible. The gameplay is decently entertaining with friends (but only for 2 days every 6 months or so.) The graphics are complete crap and the developers try to pass this off as attempting to be "retro" while if you look at actual retro games, they look much better than this. Even with these terrible graphics, Minecraft fails to run well on lower-end PCs because the developers are terrible at optimizing the game. The AI in general is terrible and you can hardly consider it AI at all. Zombies run at you and attack you with no pattern. Skeletons shoot you and do nothing else. They have no death animations. You can hardly interact with villagers. Infact, villagers were pointless from the beginning, as when they were added they just came with some randomly spawned village that you couldn't do anything to but destroy or modify. They don't talk. All they do is move around a little and stare at you. The fact that this game got a rating almost as good as Bioshock Infinite makes me sad. The fact that this game got more than a mixed rating makes me sad. Expand
  67. Mar 29, 2013
    i have played the game, OH YEA i have played this game. it was fun. FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES. i liked modding and the game overall was pretty decent. till now. almost nothing useful has been added, only some serious useless no body's interested of. and this is an overrated piece of garbage anyway, so i say you mojang and your STUPID, OVER RATED trash. period!
  68. Feb 14, 2013
    minecraft is a fun game to dip into a few times but it lacks the depth of other games for example after 30 minutes of exploring you realise that there is not much to it and i guess after that it just becomes boring
  69. Feb 1, 2013
    I was always hearing my friends say "oh minecraft is so awesome i love it" so I figured it couldn't be THAT bad if everyone said that BOY was I wrong, I started out trying survival mode I got bored of that in 5 minutes and the crafting system was so different that i had to look up how to craft things because there was no tutorial or anything to tell you ANYTHING about the game.then iI was always hearing my friends say "oh minecraft is so awesome i love it" so I figured it couldn't be THAT bad if everyone said that BOY was I wrong, I started out trying survival mode I got bored of that in 5 minutes and the crafting system was so different that i had to look up how to craft things because there was no tutorial or anything to tell you ANYTHING about the game.then i decided i would try creative mode and make some stuff and it is not a bad game if you want to do that but i went back to terraria in 40 min because that actually has good combat also i couldn't play with my friend because it was so hard to figure out his REAL IP address and join it all in all i wish i could get my 20$ back Expand
  70. Jan 20, 2013
    Over hyped and designed carelessly, Minecraft may be an icon to the indie gaming industry, but it is not gaming perfection by any means.

Part sandbox game. Part strategy. Part... clicking over and over until your mouse button is worn and your finger hurts. As more Minecraft clones appear, to bank in on the game's success, we see copy-cat developers actually better certain aspects of the game in their own redesigns. Even now, the developers behind Minecraft seem to be blindly throwing in new ideas hoping to improve the game by adding to the pile of so-so concepts.

Minecraft certainly wasn't the first block-building indie game, and still not the best. But its combination of monsters, mining, and crafting seems to have hooked a hit with the gaming crowd, in a burst of luck and overexposure through social media. Minecraft has its moments of fun, but is a complete bore without multiplayer interaction. The construction system is reasonably lack-luster and the mining system very much feels like a mind-rotting chore than a fun gaming experience. The crafting system redeems the game, barely holding game play together.

The visuals, though cute, also feel too basic. Is the pixel style an intentional design, or just a half-baked cover up for cheap 3D graphics?

Its too expensive for what it is, and as a sandbox game is reasonably lackluster. Exploration and crafting seem to be the best aspects of Minecraft. Everything in between is a fragile experience.
  71. Jan 14, 2013
    5sec played, and deleted! BAD game with bad graphic! Also Bad AI( "While this game is fun at first, it quickly loses it's steam" good word bro! Good idea...but... bad(
  72. Dec 30, 2012
    I baught this game about 2 years ago. I loved every secound of it, i could never wait to get out of scool just to play it! i wanted to do everything, collect every block, kill every zombie, sheep, spider, craft everything, build a cool house and i did! but there was something that allways made me stop playing. something that made me loose intrest. I ussaly started a new game every time iI baught this game about 2 years ago. I loved every secound of it, i could never wait to get out of scool just to play it! i wanted to do everything, collect every block, kill every zombie, sheep, spider, craft everything, build a cool house and i did! but there was something that allways made me stop playing. something that made me loose intrest. I ussaly started a new game every time i played but i never knew why... now i know. this game is pointless. there is no point in anything you do. you can kill all the zombies collect all the blocks build as many houses as you want but it will now feel rewarding in any way. it seems that most people look at the ultamate goal of this game to collect damounds. and what do you do with them? MAKE A FREAKING DIAMOUND PIC? and what do you do after that? look for more diamounds. that's all there was to this game just collect stuff. there was little no notheng you could do with all the most rare things like gold, iron and diamounds besides buiding more tools to get more diamounds. but they've updated the game a lot but it fells like every update has made the game easier! the hunger gave you regenerating hp the sprinting made it possible to run from spiders the armor update made the armor last at least 10X more and the list goes on. even with all these updates there is still notheng to do in this game. all you do is collect rare items. it's sad rly that this game is so popular. i'm gona talk about some of the updates: the enchantment table interduced an rpg element to the game where by you kill enemys and anamals and get ep to gain levels. you use the levels to upgrade you weapons and armor but this is so pointless it's sad. the only way to level up is to grind zombie after zombie, skellaton after skellaton ec. and what do you get fro this grind? better gear. what's the point? you are able to defend your self just fine without enchantments and there is not rly any monster you need to fight. keep in mind it's hard to explain why this game is so bad and i'm trying to explain it as best i can. there is also multyplayer but that's just as pointless. in multyplayer you are just doing the same pointless thinks with a friend. you can build a house and collect diamounds but that's pointless. it feels like minecraft doesn't know what kind of game it is. is it a survival game? is it a fighting game? is it an rpg? is it a building game? it is all and none of those things. it does not know what it is suposed to be and these "updates" are making the game worse if anything. i think that the thing i tought the most when playing the game is "what should i do now?" i never knew what to do because there is no goal! the game is pointless! there are bad games out there many worse than this one but they all have a point where you start, something you have to do, and a point where you end the game and win. i know there are mods for the game and i've moded the crap out of minecraft many times but even with them the game still feels emty. you can get a mod that adds more monsters to fight but there is no reward for fighting. you can get a mod that lets you create a mineing mechene but there is no point in mineing you can get a mod to give you airplanes to fly around and explore the worl. but there is no point in exploring! THIS GAME HAS NOOOO POINT! NO REWARD FOR DOING ANYTHING! they would have to do a lot to make this game fun for me witch i dubt they will do, now they're trying to relese this pointless game on more platforms to get more money. what do they do with it??? they have so much money! how can they not make this game better when they have soooo much money?!!? one last thing, there is also potion making but that only involves grinding the nether for some crap for hours only to get some potion witch you have no use for since the monsters are rly not that hard to kill. this game is pointless if you don't agree with me feel free to tell me why, i want to hear what you have to say. sorry for the typos. Expand
  73. Nov 13, 2012
    This is just a lego game simulator, this "game" is really boring even on multiplayer, and costs 20$, I know that the pixel graphics are "normal" but they are incredibly bad.
  74. Oct 18, 2012
    Who the heck releases a game in it's unfinished state which such hype behind it. I'm not talking about the alpha and beta releases(all of which i played), i'm talking about the 1.0 version of the game.
  75. Aug 29, 2012
    I honestly think this game is grossly overrated. It's just an aimless Sandbox, and unless you look up a guide or have friends helping you, you've got no way of knowing what to do. And it's pretty costly, at around $30, you can get Terraria, basically a 2D version of this game on Steam for about 10 dollars.
  76. Aug 20, 2012
    The developers sat around a table one day and made a bet.
    The developers sat around a table one day and made a bet.
    One guy said to another «Hey! I'll bet you $100 that I can come up with a really STUPID IDEA, CHEAP RETRO GRAPHICS, REPETITIVE GAME-PLAY, LACK OF CONTENT, LIMITED ACTION video game title that will entice millions of idiots to play it as if it were the next best thing to sex with 4 women at a time! I bet you that people who can't tell the difference between a good RPG and a dog turd will LOVE my game and hype it up to no limits, getting other weak-minded individuals to play it endlessly! I bet we could overprice it, under-develop it, sub-maintain it and no one would give a crap! I bet you that the graphics could be SO BAD that it will make ASCII based games on the TRS-80 in 1981 seem like next-generation DirectX 11 games! I'm willing to bet you that NO ONE will figure out that we're basically laughing our asses off at them to liking it! I bet you we'd be able to MINE their pockets and CRAFT a real piece of dung title!»
  77. Aug 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A terribly boring game. It's like playing legos online. Not with the 20 bucks. The swede who made this piece of **** racked in at least 20 million dollars off of this terrible block game. Expand
  78. Aug 14, 2012
    this game is near the top of my most hated games uv all time! its so stupid and its graphics suck so bad that my eyes threw up. its horrendous and it has terrible gameplay, and its stealing my favorite PC game's thunder, Spore! Spore FTW
  79. Jul 28, 2012
    its is very boring and uninterseting. I like the idea of being able to do whatever you want and it is a very original idea that strays away from traditional ideas for what a game can be.
  80. Jul 20, 2012
    I'm not enjoying this game. It's nothing against the plot of it (Mining/building) It's just that I don't like the graphics. Large pixels and 3D games aren't my thing. I also don't like the lag that the game gives me. I lag, and I've got a really nice computer.

I don't like it, personally, but I can really see how it appeals to a lot of people! If you are a fan of 3D games, get this!
  81. Jul 3, 2012
    this game is intriguing but fall flat for several reasons. One of these being the limited customization of your character. Your are limited to 4 armor sets ARE YOU JOKING. and don't give me this bullcrap that they are indie producers if you can't produce DON'T MAKE YOUR GAME! The graphics and music do nothing for me. if I want to play a sandbox survival game I will play TERRARIA a muchthis game is intriguing but fall flat for several reasons. One of these being the limited customization of your character. Your are limited to 4 armor sets ARE YOU JOKING. and don't give me this bullcrap that they are indie producers if you can't produce DON'T MAKE YOUR GAME! The graphics and music do nothing for me. if I want to play a sandbox survival game I will play TERRARIA a much better game. The only thing this game is good at is it's replay ability witch rates very high for me. You will spend thousands of hours messing around with the crafting table and the various items you can create. Graphics: 4
    Sound: 5
    Game mechanics: 6
    Replay ability: 9
    Intelligence: 2 Bugs: 5
  82. Jul 1, 2012
    Well, this is one of the best games i have ever played! Its nothing like other games where you have to pay for membership every month just to play... No this game is a 1 time payment, and you are free to do whatever you want to the game. You can modify it and get cool NEW things that the game didn't have originally. You can change the textures of the items in the game! Its very openWell, this is one of the best games i have ever played! Its nothing like other games where you have to pay for membership every month just to play... No this game is a 1 time payment, and you are free to do whatever you want to the game. You can modify it and get cool NEW things that the game didn't have originally. You can change the textures of the items in the game! Its very open source. Unlike other games where you cant do anything but play it *cough SONY cough*. Its an endless sandbox in which you have 2 modes. Creative, and survival. Creative, allows you to build anything you could imagine! You can make things from houses to castles, computers to gadgets, (yes you can make computers). Survival, is a mode in which you start out with nothing, and have to collect resources to survive. It can be a little scary so beware of that, but you can set your difficulty on 4 different modes, peaceful is one that doesn't have monsters or scary music, and you die from less explicit things like hunger, and falling. There is no blood in this game either, and you don't necessarily have to kill EVERYTHING you see... They add new things to the game all the time too! Which i think is really cool.
    There is one, bad thing about this game though. It is extremely addictive. I can hardly ever stay away from this game. Thats how fun it is! But its bad that i spend a lot of my time on it.
  83. Jun 26, 2012
    Minecraft was a really cool idea when it first came around. The whole concept had literally endless potential. At the $10 price for the alpha it was great and even at $20 I think is fair enough despite it's shortcomings. It is now $30 which is too much for an incomplete product. I stopped paying it during the Beta and went back for 1.2.5 only to find that almost nothing changed. The gameMinecraft was a really cool idea when it first came around. The whole concept had literally endless potential. At the $10 price for the alpha it was great and even at $20 I think is fair enough despite it's shortcomings. It is now $30 which is too much for an incomplete product. I stopped paying it during the Beta and went back for 1.2.5 only to find that almost nothing changed. The game still had the same inherent limits and problems due to poor core coding on Notches part. The game still lacked proper modding support (which was promised), lacked optimized graphics for low end systems. Still ran poorly on Java (Java is fine but you have to optimize). The part that blows me away is that Mojang made so much money from this small game that you would think they could hire 1 guy to add content and even create proper DLC. The survival mode is still stale and only fun for a several hours until you realize that there is nothing to do once you built your home, mineshaft, and farm. What amazes me is the amount of nothing coming out of Mojang, several modders take time out of their day to provide all the basics that the game is missing via mods and what does Mojang do? Release a patch to break over half of them. The funniest part is how long it takes them to put something out after Notch says he "likes the idea". I remember reading a tweet about the fence doors which took months to get released meanwhile a modder had already made one in about an hour. I don't blame the whole company for dropping the ball on Minecraft, I think what it is is the code they worked with was so bad (Notch) that it was extremely difficult, time consuming, and probably had to be hacked in anyway to get anything added. Notch probably decided to spend more time/money on a new project (Scrolls, which will flop) instead of spending 10x the time to implement something in Minecraft for free. Overall, fun game that had a lot of potential but fell in the lap of someone who lacks creativity and vision. Sure he made a lot of money but if he was more careful and invested a little bit more into Minecraft it would have been a timeless platform for selling DLC packs and official "Mods" for years - think space, crazy dimensions, Heaven, etc). Expand
  84. Jun 22, 2012
    Way too overpriced. Simply put. The interface is boring, and the players are simply way too biased. Rate it for what it is. Not for what you think it is.
  85. Jun 15, 2012
    A lot of the reviewers here are complaining about the flaws of Minecraft. We should all know that Minecraft will never really be finished. It is constantly being updated; whether Mojang is revamping the mob AI or adding a new block, they're doing something that can potentially change the game each update. A lot of the updates created last year are so irrelevant, considering it is a lotA lot of the reviewers here are complaining about the flaws of Minecraft. We should all know that Minecraft will never really be finished. It is constantly being updated; whether Mojang is revamping the mob AI or adding a new block, they're doing something that can potentially change the game each update. A lot of the updates created last year are so irrelevant, considering it is a lot different than what it was then. You can now change texture packs with ease, for those who have too much swagger for the default. You can try a survival mode and get the blocks yourself, or try a creative world and have them from the start. It is too repetitive for some people, but many of them lack the creative spark it takes to enjoy it. Many architects and non-gamers play this religiously, because it gives them the chance to express their creativity in a way no other game really could. The singeplayer mode by itself does get boring after a while for most players, which is why the multiplayer mode brings some players back. You can play on a server with your friends, and play from the beginning with your friends. You could spawn 1000 mooshrooms in a hole and blow them up, or race to the top of a ladder by killing everyone else on it (invented by the Mindcrack dudes). The possibilities are endless, and will be as each update comes. Your opinion may have changed since alpha. It has for a lot of people. Many different mods allow you to play it the old way, or some which make it even harder. Instead of complaining that it's overrated, you can play an unknown indie game to make yourself feel better. Minecraft will hopefully have updated several times before you come back. Expand
  86. Jun 10, 2012
    When I started playing this game it was fun for a little but then I noticed so many flaws i mean whats the point of having a sword when there is absoulutly no point of killing an enemy i mean that there is no strategy when killing them u just hit them and hope you dont die. This game will also get boring as F u c k when you realize your just getting stone and building **** that will getWhen I started playing this game it was fun for a little but then I noticed so many flaws i mean whats the point of having a sword when there is absoulutly no point of killing an enemy i mean that there is no strategy when killing them u just hit them and hope you dont die. This game will also get boring as F u c k when you realize your just getting stone and building **** that will get exploded. I cant belive that this game cost money i mean if you watch gameplay you would think that its free from its ****ty graphics but no they want you to pay 10 bucks for it. If your going to buy this game just save the 10 bucks for a real game or buy Terria or however you spell it. Expand
  87. May 16, 2012
    Over-hyped trash with no point. A big lego sandbox with horrible AI, poor controls and a clear lack of vision.

Terraria is about 9 times the game Minecraft is. Minecraft is a good idea, poorly implemented.
  88. May 16, 2012
    Ok, actually this game is bad. I starts funny, ok. But then.... later on it's just very, very boring. Ok, it's cheap. But this is the only good point at that game. Don't buy.
  89. May 15, 2012
    Minecraft had a lot of potential. I have been checking up with Minecraft since its alpha stages, back when the only player modes were some weird survival and creative, and zombies dropped feathers. People like to root for the underdog, and I understand. So, of course, people root for Notch. But if you separate yourself from the emotions and the novelty, you realize that Minecraft isMinecraft had a lot of potential. I have been checking up with Minecraft since its alpha stages, back when the only player modes were some weird survival and creative, and zombies dropped feathers. People like to root for the underdog, and I understand. So, of course, people root for Notch. But if you separate yourself from the emotions and the novelty, you realize that Minecraft is vastly unfinished upon release. Promises made by Notch, for example, included various game modes like capture the flag, and a fully-functioning NPC village, among others I won't even bother listing. Yes, I play this game. I do like it to some degree, which is why I'm giving it a 4 out of 10. But the reality is that, when you compare it to everything on the market, nay, just compare it to other indie games, and you realize just how hard Notch dropped the ball on this one. The graphics are atrocious, and the term "retro graphics" don't justify it. Chrono Trigger is "retro" and still a beautiful game, so calling something retro to justify it being plain and ugly is awful. The music is serene, but nice. The combat is unvaried and unfortunately dull when it comes to the majority of the game, but the brewing/potion system and enchanting added a little to the game. Shame your only two real weapons are swords and bows.

The strength in Minecraft's programming comes from Jeb and, guess what, people other than Team Mojang. It's the mods and add-ons that aren't from Team Mojang that make this game actually fun and entertaining, and people tend to forget that. If you mod the heck out of it, great, fantastic, good game. But stand-alone it's an incredibly monotonous, uninspired simulator.
  90. May 15, 2012
    A mediocre sandbox game with alot of potential that it never tried to live up to.
    The game lacks content instead giving you a bland sandbox to play in with nothing to do in the long term except play with lego blocks and find diamond.
  91. May 14, 2012
    I gaveMinecraft a zero not a ten :). So what I said before but this is actually what I scored it zero so hopefully I get a correct gamescore this time.
  92. May 2, 2012
    Minecraft, when in BETA, was an incredible fun start to bringing old graphics back into the world. It was actually fairly stable too. But now since it's become more popular, Java has turned bad on it and now all the modifications and the community have ruined how it works. It's just not Minecraft anymore. Sorry guys.
  93. Apr 30, 2012
    I'll admit, Minecraft is a great game, but it has many flaws. I remember when it was in 1.7.3, it was one of the largest updates to happen to the game, and it was great. That was when I got the game. I was addicted and really enjoyed playing it, but then it just lost it's appeal. Then came other weird and annoying gameplay things, such as hunger, or experience. It's frustrating to loseI'll admit, Minecraft is a great game, but it has many flaws. I remember when it was in 1.7.3, it was one of the largest updates to happen to the game, and it was great. That was when I got the game. I was addicted and really enjoyed playing it, but then it just lost it's appeal. Then came other weird and annoying gameplay things, such as hunger, or experience. It's frustrating to lose many levels from being killed, and the hunger meter depletes too fast, and always seems to go empty when I have no food on me. Another thing, when they said Minecraft was going to be finished in 1.0.0, I was SO excited. No more updates! No more waiting for mods that could barely keep up! I could get all the mods I wanted, and not have to worry about updates! Of course, that wasn't true, was it Notch? He began updating again. What the ****. He just couldn't stop updating the game! And these came faster and faster, 1 every week or two! It was insane! Most modders didn't even bother to try and update their mods, because the new updates were pouring out so fast. Not only that, but it started out extremely cheap, then got to about $14 to $15 by beta 1.7.3, and now, after the "finished game" was released, it's around $20+ dollars! I like the game every once in a while, but after playing for a while, it's really boring and it seems to be the same process every world you make. Expand
  94. Apr 26, 2012
    This game is creative and fun, but it's in Java and it's very poorly optimized. And I don't really think this game is worth 27$, that's really expensive for a game made in JAVA imo. Terraria is just most fun, have no performance issues, it's 10$ full price and it's on Steam.
  95. Apr 26, 2012
    Ok, I admit, I am a little bit bias against this game. Simply put, the plot failed to engage me. I felt very little relation to the characters, as the development of the story was very poor. The only thing this game has going for it is its ultimate realism. The graphics are ultra real, but this is another downside to the game, It requires a ridiculous system to run it at full settings.
  96. Apr 24, 2012
    Minecraft should be for free if you ask me. There was a website called minecraft for free whith you could play minecraft for free but however Notch ha to shut it down. God Notch now i'm glad I never ever buy minecraft. Minecraft is no fun and is so boring. Minecraft 4.2/10
  97. Apr 18, 2012
    Was EXTREMELY FUN at first, but the updates are terrible. They said they would make combat better, they didn't. They said they would make it more "adventurous" with an "adventure update", they didn't. What they did was make small village things with these creatures that do nothing, and I mean NOTHING. I wasn't too bugged by this though. The hunger is just an annoyance. Then they addedWas EXTREMELY FUN at first, but the updates are terrible. They said they would make combat better, they didn't. They said they would make it more "adventurous" with an "adventure update", they didn't. What they did was make small village things with these creatures that do nothing, and I mean NOTHING. I wasn't too bugged by this though. The hunger is just an annoyance. Then they added cats, which really pissed me off, not because I was mad about them adding cats, but because instead of fixing many of the GAME BREAKING BUGS (I'm serious, the game lags more than Skyrim) they added CATS. Also the golems, they also do nothing, there aren't any zombie attacks or anything to defend against. The game WAS great, best game I ever played, but that was before the useless updates and laziness of staff.

TL;DR: Was a great game, ruined by pointless updates and game-breaking bugs.
  98. Apr 16, 2012
    It started good. The alpha was great. Everyone's arch enemy was a creeper. Notch was awesome. But then... BAM! When the Full Version came out there was more bugs than the alpha and beta COMBINED. Notch got really famous and rich that he just left us behind. And when the Adventure update came, I thought it was pretty good. That was, until I found out the NPC to nothing at all but let youIt started good. The alpha was great. Everyone's arch enemy was a creeper. Notch was awesome. But then... BAM! When the Full Version came out there was more bugs than the alpha and beta COMBINED. Notch got really famous and rich that he just left us behind. And when the Adventure update came, I thought it was pretty good. That was, until I found out the NPC to nothing at all but let you trade with them. Then : Minecraft 1.0... WHAT THE **** This is nothing like minecraft! Hardcore? **** that! If you die by even FALLING off a cliff you have to start over THE WHOLE ****ING WAY.... I don't reccomend this game. Expand
  99. Apr 14, 2012
    The brilliantly simplistic and fun idea that powered Minecraft at the beginning of its creation is overshadowed by many, many flaws. The graphics are disgusting. Supposedly they are suppose to look "retro"; no retro game has ever looked this bad. It really hurst your eyes to look at it. The combat is very basic and boring. It basically comes down to who has farmed enough items and hasThe brilliantly simplistic and fun idea that powered Minecraft at the beginning of its creation is overshadowed by many, many flaws. The graphics are disgusting. Supposedly they are suppose to look "retro"; no retro game has ever looked this bad. It really hurst your eyes to look at it. The combat is very basic and boring. It basically comes down to who has farmed enough items and has spent enough hours playing the game to get the better loot. Multiplayer (without a whitelist) is absolute mayhem. Most of the server "owners" are 15 years old or a furry. (Usually both) This leads to you getting banned from servers because the owner was mad because he was picked on in school that day, you have a skin they don't like, or you killed an animal (and furries evidentally hate that). In conclusion, the game gets boring very quickly and a community that is full of furries, children and homosexuals makes it even worse. So, unless you are one of the above mentioned, you will want to steer far clear from this game as it will dillude your mind and pull you into those digusting and appalling fandoms. If you are one of the above mentioned, then by all means play the game and discuss your pathetic, freakish, loner lives together away from all the normal people of the world. Expand
  100. Apr 2, 2012
    93 metascore?Seriously93?This does deserve 50-60.No,i don;t care about the graphics,they are supposed to be bad anyway.I care about the gameplay,which is bad.REALLY bad.It gets boring very easily,after 2-3 hours it just becomes generic.Why play this when i have Skyrim to play with?
  101. Dec 30, 2011
    The critic ratings are too overrated despite the usage of decent graphics using javascript. This is a game I would afford to play in 2000 as a free indie game with unlimited possibilities of creating all kinds of stuff, but just not in this time when all Internet games use updated graphics with flash and java combined and they wind up better looking. Overall this game looks more like a DOSThe critic ratings are too overrated despite the usage of decent graphics using javascript. This is a game I would afford to play in 2000 as a free indie game with unlimited possibilities of creating all kinds of stuff, but just not in this time when all Internet games use updated graphics with flash and java combined and they wind up better looking. Overall this game looks more like a DOS game back in the old PC days. Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]