7.4

1. Oct 24, 2014
    I can't understand all these Minecraft haters... Hey asswads! No game is perfect! Get that through your thick skulls already! Anyway, Minecraft is one of the best, if not THE best, 3D sandbox game ever made. And before you call me a mindless fanboy, i'm not. I just like the game. If you don't like it, fine. Just don't keep pushing more and more crap talk out of your ass if you don't like the game. Sheesh. Expand
  2. Oct 23, 2014
    A truly wonderful game where you are the creator and you can build anything you want this game has been around for 5 years and its till only getting bigger. People are making YouTube Channels about his Twitch accounts. People are making mods, toys, phone cases, clothing, and its only getting bigger. They even have they're own convention. Over all this game is going down in video game history.
  3. Oct 20, 2014
    This game is simply awesome and the most unique. I've been playing minecraft pc for 3 years and i bought the ps3 edition last year. This game requires a good brain. You have to dig your way to diamonds, fight the ender dragon...enchant ur diamond stuff then fight the wither. Even multiplayer server are awesome. I donated to 2 of them. It's simply awesome. All i want is to make minecraft reals for free. Enjoy the unique Minecraft Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2014
    This is definitely high on my favorites list, this game is great not only because of the game itself, which is an 8 out of 10 on its own, but the mods for this game. This game has so many mods, it's only beaten by Garry's mod itself.

The main game works like this, You have three game modes: Survival, Creative and Hardcore. The ones you need to know are Survival and Creative.
    In
    Survival mode, the main goal is to collect resources during the day to be able to defend yourself at night against the enemies or "Mobs" that spawn in the middle of the night, whether that involves building a shelter, creating weapons, or just running away from them through the forest as I did my first time playing. After awhile, you can collect enough resources to learn the more advanced mechanics of the game. Like farming, potions, alternate dimension travel, and more advanced mobs.
    In Creative mode, you have every available block or item available in survival mode plus more. With the ability to create anything you want.
    In Hardcore mode, the mechanics are the exact same as in survival mode, but with exceptions. The difficulty of the game is raised to even harder than hard. If you die once, be prepared to say bye to your world, because that's all you get, one life.

the game has glitches, which everyone forgets that every game has. but I have never had anything that I couldn't fix by reloading the world.

The overall game itself is 8 out of 10, but with the mods that come out,varying to adding a new item to the game to complete overhaul of the game mechanics themselves, I'll give it a 9 out of 10.
  5. Oct 13, 2014
    Very simple. One of the greatest games ever made. Simple, unique and one of the few games out there where anyone can find something to love about it. No matter what else comes out that may have had higher production value or better graphics, minecraft is a constant that will someday. if not already, be known as the single greatest open world and survival game to ever be made.
  6. Oct 1, 2014
    This game has so-called terrible, blocky graphics that creates its unique atmosphere and feeling, no clear instructions of what to do because there's only your way to play it. You say it's just all about placing and breaking blocks and after few hours of play, there's nothing more. But that's not true. Minecraft is like mathematics. You dig more about it, and you'll discover more about it. There's endless beautiful possibilities. Even if you don't like survival, you can go creative. Redstone, complex buildings, and clever contraptions or trickeries... Literally endless. Expand
  7. Sep 26, 2014
    Best Sand Box Game ever :) you can create your own world, your own imagination, nothing stops you, no quest to take. no one can tell you what you cannot cannot do. beat the ender dragon, make shelters, Breed cows,chickens,pigs.. , survive the night. and don't go near the creepers .
  8. Sep 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed this game.................................................................................................................................alot.. Expand
  9. Sep 12, 2014
    As much as I hate what Minecraft has done for the gaming industry,there is no reason why you shouldn't play it.Ive spent more hours then I can count on this game,and every time I think I'm free of its clutches,I feel the need to mine one more block
  10. Sep 7, 2014
    It has infinite options for gameplay, expansion with mods for every more variety, and a social aspect via server play. What more can you want from a game? This game will define a generation.
  11. Sep 7, 2014
    [RUS]Игра нормальная, графика пиксельная, если шейдеры установить , то будет нормально. Поддержка 3D-анаглифа это заставляет почуять другую реальность. Игра была бы отличной в России, но школота захватила и её. Особенно это Mr.Lololoshka и Frost окончательно сделали её мусором. И моды на неё тоже сделали эффект мусора( по крайней мере в России).
    [ENG]The normal game, the graphics pixel,
    if the shaders are set , you will be fine. Supports 3D anaglyph it makes you smell different reality. The game would be great in Russia, but almost captured it. This is especially Mr.Lololoshka and Frost finally made it garbage. And fashion, it also made the effect of garbage( at least in Russia). Expand
  12. Sep 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spawning in a world, punching wood, surviving the night... too destroying the ender dragon! This game is arguably the best game ever (so far) the fact that you don't just explore a world, you explore... And edit the world amazes me, and many others, that is why I give this a ten! Expand
  13. Sep 3, 2014
    Minecraft seems hard to get used to in the first place since there's no tutorial, but when you know what to do to survive in the wild, the game becomes an unforgettable experience which encourage you to do whatever you like, especially when your imagination's big!
  14. Sep 1, 2014
    according to me is minecraft the most fun and best game ever made! it's no means perfect but i have played it for more than 2000 hours and for more than 99% of the time i have had a fun time. this may not be a "game" to some regards but i have been playing this with most of my friends. the best part of the game according to me is the creative mode and me and a couple of my friends had a server dedicated to just building.

this is a good game if you like to be creative but it's not good for someone that want the game to tell you what to do.
  15. Aug 21, 2014
    Does a game have to be perfect, to be rated '10'?
    Because as innovative, creative and original Minecraft is, it's certainly not without it's flaws. A lot of flaws. I will not go over them all, because most reviews allready do this quite openly.
    But does the game really deserves to be critiziced because of it? I honestly don't think so...
    Minecraft is whatever you want it to be. It
    provides you with a feeling of freedom that a lot of other games want to make you believe you have. It's not as simple as 'just a building game', it encourages you to reflect upon yourself and see how far you can take it.
    And that's where I believe the true magic of Minecraft shines. It's not about the game anymore, it's about showing yourself and the community how creative, artistic and smart you are just by using the same blocks everyone has and placing them in a way no one has thought of yet.
    It's a social platform.
    So yes, the game has it's flaws. It can feel 'choppy', chunks can ben slow when loaded and pigs seem to be spinning all over the place and climbing trees. Also, the developers make promises that sometimes can take a long time to actually fulfill. But none of this is actually 'gamebreaking'. Simply put, none of this matters..
    It doesn't matter, because what the game does is providing you with a sense of accomplishment, all on your own. Not your ordinary 'If you complete this challenge, you will be rewarded with this' accomplishment, but the same proud you felt when you we're a kid, playing with lego's and wanting to share your creation with your parents.
    If it's a full sized replica of the Enterprise. If it's a functional working HDD. If it's an underground city where the entire community is being provided with food, shelter, safety and entertainment. You created this, you are a part of this.
    People who don't play this game will think you're wasting your time. People who do play this game will understand.
  16. Aug 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I say this is the best game ever.

The Aim Of The Game is to survive or to create masterpieces with infinite blocks and flying.
    The Survival Is Amazing. No Comment.
    The Creative Mode Is Amazing.
    I haven't tried the HARDCORE mode but I watched videos of HARDCORE mode Survival.

I say MOJANG has made the Best Game Ever, No 1 in my BEST game list.
  17. Aug 16, 2014
    Es muy bueno ya que puedes hacer casi todo!, es malo jugar solo... pero si juegas con amigos es lo mejor muy entretenido y divertido 100% recomendado :D xD :,3
  18. Aug 10, 2014
    First of all it's very lonely game. I am talking about single-player, of course. You can't get this sense of loneliness in any other game. And for me it's very enjoyable.
    Secondly, it's beautiful game. Not talking about graphics, but style. Rain, snow, night - everything is really well-made.
    And thirdly, feel of discovery is awesome.
    Its a great game and you should at least try it.
  19. Aug 8, 2014
    Minecraft is the only game that truly has created an immersive atmosphere, and really can familiarize the character with true freedom. Minecraft is a playground, a very large playground that is waiting for you, arms wide open. And, trust me, you will NOT want to leave this playground for a long time.

Blocky, though memorable graphics will make it hard for the user to not be able to spot
    the sight of a dirt block or a diamond sword. And the sounds of breaking blocks, and the beautifully nostalgic, yet for some reason melancholy soundtrack will be stuck in your head for hours.

Minecraft is that game that comes out once in a decade. That game that truly separates itself from all others, despite how many clones may attempt to mimic it. It is a game that isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and that just makes it that much better.

20. Aug 3, 2014
    When I first heard about minecraft I was then playing Total Miner: Forge and thought to myself- This is the coolest creation game I have ever seen. After browsing for a while trying to determine whether or not I wanted another Total Miner lookalike I bought the beta copy of Minecraft and started playing. Within the first ten or fifteen minutes I was blown away by the size and capacity that Minecraft delivers, and awe-struck when presented with all of the builds and creatures that killed me the first night. It was amazing. Now that the complete version has been around for some time, and after quite a few add-ons and updates, its no problem for me to say that as an arcade game Minecraft will stay number one for as long as it pleases, and as for a PC game, well, it sets the bar for all open world creator genres, and has easily distinguished itself to me as being one of the top ten best video games of all time. Expand
  21. Aug 3, 2014
    If the ratio between money paid and time spent ingame was a standard for deciding if a game is good... Minecraft would unequivalently be the best. I've easily spent over 1500 hours in the MC world. The rather easy access to modding tools, MC is java based, has made the minecraft modding community a real big place. The creativity of the modders is endless. Thus making Minecraft my number 1 game for at least another year to come. Expand
  22. Jul 29, 2014
    Why does this only have a user score of 7.4??? This is a very fun game with loads of replay value. As for the graphics, they are unique and memorable (AND SUPPOSED TO RESEMBLE 16-BIT YOU IDIOTS THAT IS THE POINT). The combat is very basic but that is not what this game is about. It is about creativity. End of story.
  23. Jul 27, 2014
    Holy god, I haven't played a game this good in quite a few years. I first played the game in March, and got hooked in June this year. I must say, this is a truly remarkable game, and I say it replaces New. Super Mario Bros WII. for the spot of 2nd best game of 2009, with Plants vs Zombies at 1st. Within the game, you can gather resources, slay animals/monsters, mine, craft, and most importantly: BUILD. Also, if you find the game too easy or hard, just lower/raise the difficulty level, as there are many to choose from. Great game, and people who don't like it due to lack of SHREK are truly dumb. Expand
  24. Jul 21, 2014
    Minecraft is a great sandbox survival game in single player mode and one of the best multiplayer experiences ever which can be modded to enhance its greatness enough said, buy it now
  25. Jul 20, 2014
    Arguably, Minecraft is the best video game of all time. The idea is so simple yet so brilliant. A 3D block-based game. in which you can survive, and build anything you could possibly imagine. I find it brilliant because it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you perform the most mundane of tasks, like when you smelt your first iron bar, all the way to defeating the Ender Dragon. Obviously, the game is always better with friends, which gives you the option of making combat and adventure maps for you and your friends to enjoy. A lot of people say the game has gotten worse as updates have occurred, but I believe it has just increased the game's depth. Minecraft truly holds a place in my heart, simply for how undeniably spectacular it is. Expand
  26. Jun 28, 2014
    Innovative, educattional and original, Minecraft is seen by many as one of the best PC games in existence. As I am relatively new to Minecraft, - having joined the community just after the 1.3 update - I have noticed how it has grown and, because it is constantly in development, how it has improved since my starting moments. Being a nerdy type of person, I enjoy playing with the game's coding, as it is extremely educational. However, for the less computer knowledgeable people it is very user-friendly and easy to use but hard to master. In conclusion, Minecraft is a great game and I strongly recommend that you buy it. Expand
  27. Jun 22, 2014
    A great survival game, although the graphics are not high quality, graphic is not everything in a game is an infinite game, you have to make some achievements, but you be creative, and you can even create a goal to win.
  28. Jun 22, 2014
    How could you call Mine craft not fun? When I first tried it out, I never knew that using your imagination and putting it into a game could be so much fun. From there, I wanted to learn more: how red stone works, how to build a TNT cannon, etc. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you know what you're doing, Mine craft is extremely addicting. Also to add on to the fun are mods and server plugins. They make Mine craft just very addicting, like a chewy cookie. This game is underrated by so many people, don't listen to them: they don't know what a good game is like. Expand
  29. Jun 15, 2014
    If I could only play 3 games for the rest of my life. Minecraft would be 1st. It is without a doubt a top of the world game! You have endless possibilities. Endless. I've been playing Minecraft for 2 years, And I'm still not done. When I showed my brother Minecraft he was convinced he would hate it. Now he plays 24/7 (Just like me.) My 3 sisters, 1 brother, Uncle, And ALL my friends have been introduced to Minecraft by me. And LOVED it. This is THE game. Expand
  30. Jun 11, 2014
    Minecraft is pure enjoyment packed in a pixelated world. The fact that you can explore an endless world, and build almost anything, out of anything, is a wonderful thing.
  31. May 31, 2014
    Good things: insane modability provides a great amount of content, multiplayer on MMO-scale on some servers, total creative freedom, entire worlds to explore and conquer with friends/enemies
    Bad things: It does get stale after a long time of playing it, the combat system sucks

If you buy it check out multiplayer, this is what pumps up the score, survival is only a small part of this
    delicious cake. Expand
  32. May 27, 2014
    Minecraft is a combination of a game and a basic 3D modeling tool. The possibilities are literally endless here, and that's what makes this such a success.

I'll talk about the "Game" part of it first. Some people on Metacritic have criticized the game's Survival mode for being "forgettable". Those people definitely didn't play multiplayer. Minecraft, in any mode, is way more fun with
    friends. Either host your own game server, which you can download from the game's website, or join one of the many public community servers. Most of these servers are multi-world and offer a little bit of everything Minecraft has to offer. Setting up a server takes a bit of tech knowledge, but it only gets confusing if you're trying to run the server with mods or plugins.

The combat in Minecraft is very basic. This part definitely could have been better. No matter what the enemy's preferred method of attack is, the combat of the player in Minecraft is nothing but "hit it with a sword until it dies", which can still be surprisingly intense when you're defending your home from the infamous creepers- silent, stealthy enemies that approach the player and explode, damaging the surrounding environment.

And of course, that's the entire point of Minecraft- the editable environment. You craft tools and use them to dig or mine blocks, which can be blocks of dirt, stone, and even man-made or crafted materials like wooden planks and glass. The survival mode requires you to use tools to break blocks, while the game also features a creative mode, where players don't have to worry about enemies, and can access infinite amounts of any block and break them instantly, using this mode to create massive intricate building designs. Some even create pixel art using the various colors of wool block.

The game's controls and mechanics- the inventory system and hotbar- are easy to learn on-the-fly. You'll be mining and crafting within minutes of creating your first world. Crafting in Survival is lacking something very important, however, and this is something that's bugged me about Minecraft since day one- there is no crafting tutorial! Games that use crafting systems usually tell you what items you need, but in Minecraft, not only do you have to know what items you need to craft, but you also need to know how to arrange them- a fact that's completely ignored by the game. Someone who's picking this up for the first time either experiments and screws around until he/she finally learns how to make a crafting table, or looks on the wiki for crafting recipes.

The game is still constantly being updated and new content is being added. Bugs are still present, though they fix loads of them in every update and none of them are game-breaking. All in all, if you've got a creative mind and haven't picked up this game yet, you really should. It'll suck away hours of your time, but it's totally worth it.
  33. May 16, 2014
    Best game ever! This game is amazing! I love that you can play on servers, yet play alone. You really need to play Minecraft. It is an amazing game that I love, along with my friends. I play it on PC & PS3. GET MINECRAFT! You won't regret it!
  34. May 15, 2014
    its 10/10 because of this: i know many games have the same, but if you think Minecraft tried to copy, NO! they copied minecraft. Imagination, a thing all human needs to learn. in here you can do MAAANY **** for example: so much **** i don't know how many but its amazing, you have to play a few weeks until finding something amazing, some reviews says: nothing useful for now. the game has a story, but its not the point, the "un-useful" is what you need to set your imagination free. more fun playing at Multiplayer, servers:
    Hide N Seek (Prop Hunt without Shooting)
    Hot Potato (RUN FROM THE GUY THAT HAS A EXPLODING POTATO!!! he will hit you, and it stays with you, you cannot drop it, if it explodes in someone, well **** if you exploded, YOU LOSE!)
    Parkour (THE MOST RAGING THING and one of the most fun ones of Minecraft.)
    and many others.
    Mods are made for....
    Additional Things, so you can set your imagination even more free.
    Garry's Mod will set your imagination free at maximum, but Minecraft is Imagination for Childs, and Garry's Mod for Adults. i recommend it, and hey "MINECRAFT HATERS HO ONLY PLAYED 10 **** MINUTES" well, play it more and you will enjoy it, i hope you will.
  35. May 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. for 2 years this game has been in development. For years i have been waiting to play this game and just last year i finally got the chance to do so. When i first played it i found it to be very addictive and very fun. The ability to get past the limit is amazing. In DBZ you cant leave your fighting area but in this game you can. In Sonic you cant build a house but here it is the opposite. The free roaming and how you have to find things is really fun and i recommend this game to anyone who is looking forward to play a game that takes place in a forest. That is why my final verdict for this game is a 99 out of 100. Expand
  36. Apr 29, 2014
    Had this game since Alpha, and it truly is a masterpiece. I've sunk many hours into this game, as each time you play it, it's a different experience. The amount of things you can create and explore are uncountable. A true work of art. Simple yet efficient.
  37. Apr 23, 2014
    This game is good, because its unique.

Its good because of its creativity, it goes on forever, you can build whatever you want, or even build multiple things, making this game fairly time-consuming and a hell-of fun. It never ends, so you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Also, Multiplayer is also fun, as people make great and fascinating games to play with plug-ins,
    commands, and more. making MineCraft endless fun.

The only bad part about it is the community, which isn't even the game's fault, but kids are rude all around in the MineCraft community, making the game have a semi-turnoff.

Besides that I have fun with the game. It is addicting and time and is a joy to play!
  38. Apr 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game which brings back memories from the 70's-80's. This game has revolutionized gaming. This game started off with noone playing it but now nearly everyone plays it. Players have modified it with Mini Games which is great. It has also given many Youtubers lot's of money including BajanCanadian etc. The multiplayer is really fun with 1000's of people owning servers there's shortage no choose from. Also the singleplayer is pretty fun too! I would recommend this game to anyone who is imaginative. Overall I give this game a 9/10 for a load of fun mini games and for being very addictive! Expand
  39. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am ANGRY at all you negative reviewers out there, you overlook the influence on culture these days of Minecraft, comparing it to other games (BTW I am looking for the perfect game which you will find my Qualifications in the Profile) This has by far been the Crown Jewel of My PC games, It is near my perfect game standard and it is the closest one there. Also about it's influence on culture, this game has truly defined the true basic principle of open-ended games, I believe it even has created it's own genre. And other than that I believe you negative reviewers never even tried to venture within the game itself, you didn't even bother to look at the wiki, it may be buggy however it 's Success overshadows it's flaws. And by the way did you even care to look at modding this game? This game for me, has an almost infinite number of mods out there, so the game is extremely flexible. And by the way have you seen Terraria? If you like the game and you review this negatively, then you know what? Terraria was inspired By MINECRAFT. So in my view this game belongs with the great historic games, which have forever changed the world, and if you ask me, Minecraft has begun it's own gaming generation CONVERSATION OVER, PERIOD. Expand
  40. Apr 13, 2014
    This game can be very fun at 90% of times but when it is not it gets kind of boring, but like I said It is a very great game with all the new mini games and other things. I will say this I miss minecraft back then by back then I mean 1.2 after 1.2 it kinda went down by minecraft will always be a special game to me and it was 1 of the first pc games I bought and played even to this day I still play it and there graphics are pretty decent, so this game deserves a good rating! :) Expand
  41. Apr 10, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game that never ends. You can be building houses in creative mode or trying to slay in ender dragon in survival. The possibilities are endless. My favourite part has to be making houses in creative mode though.
  42. Apr 7, 2014
    Minecraft is by far one of the greatest indie game ever invented. And I sure gives the inventor (Markus "Notch" Persson) a hell of a point. This voxel based sandbox game that is really fun to play. It increased people's creativity to create, explore, and other things you can imagine surviving with a more intense world. From the ALPHA phase, Minecraft was still nothing. But in the BETA phase, it already broke some records. First record, it was awarded the most popular game in BETA. The next record, shows that this game is the best sandbox game yet. Exploring the unlimited possibilities in the endless world of cubes. Crafting, Surviving, and Thriving. Making huge creations and make differences in this world. They also update the game eventually sometimes in 2 months time. And by my very critic, this game deserves a wonderful score of 10. Some people may say that this game is a waste of time. Well, it's actually a very great game to KILL some time. Some of the users/players of this game says that it lacked of gaming and it's made out of pixel. Some say it's the worst. The game is actually pixelated, but it's actually pixelated using cubes and blocks. That's why it seems so 3D. You can create endless creations and everything you want. But my surprise of this game it the multiplayer feature. It is really fun and enjoyable playing beyond the community and have fun by playing minigames. Or just doing a survival together with your friends. A 3D sandbox with a multiplayer feature? That's really fun for players that doesn't like being alone. I picked the three best servers so far, and the three of them keep amaze me anytime I go there. The best server so far is Mineplex by my opinion. The second is the Hypixel Network. And the third is The Hive. I really don't judge these servers because they are all good-to-play servers and all that, but in those critic, I'll judge them because this IS a critic. Apart from all of that, this is a wonderful game. I honored the creators of this game, which is TeamMojang, and I appreciate this kind of games. Indulging and exciting. Expand
  43. Apr 6, 2014
    The ones who say the graphics are bad, well, its your own fault for buying it. Always look at reviews and videos first. The game is meant to be full of pixels like that, its how Mojang intended it to be.
    Anways, this game is great, hours of play. You can say its a sandbox game, but it is not a sandbox, its a toybox! Lots of fun with it!
  44. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  45. Mar 29, 2014
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I remember hearing about it online and looking at what you can do in this game and when I finally got the game I was not disappointed a bit! I love the gameplay in this game both in survival and creative mode. I love survival because it gives me that feeling of exploration of going to build and craft things, fight monsters, go mining and when you complete hard tasks it can feel very rewarding. I also love creative mode because it's the opportunity to go around a create things that are huge and beautiful with almost no limitations; some things in creative do take a long time to make but when I am done they are very rewarding as well. I also love the music in this game and some of the atmospheres; however I will warn you that there are some really creepy things in this game. Overall, Minecraft is a masterpiece! I really wish people wouldn't bash this game just because they may call it too "mainstream" or something like that. The game is great, It also great to come back to this game after not playing it for a while. Trust me, I started playing this game back in 2012 and I am still playing it a lot today in 2014. Expand
  46. Mar 27, 2014
    After a while it grows on you a bit, plus everyone was telling me how great the building aspect of it is when I'm more into the adventure and mining of it. Although it still seems like the fans are the ones that carried this game...
  47. Mar 26, 2014
    Minecraft is a very good game because undergo frequent updates even with the final version. Is also a sandbox ie is INFINITE! Only flaws of the game is its weight and its price is $ 26.95.
  48. Mar 15, 2014
    Was my favorite game for a long time when I was younger. I played 500+ hours.
    Its so much better with mod pack. if you have played it a fair bit get a mod pack. The best ones are from Technic or FTB.
  49. Mar 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a flawless game, though I do have a few suggestions for future updates.

1: Like most people on the MC forum, WE WANT FLOATING ISLANDS!
    2:In a past update, "The Biome Update" many new "biomes" are added to the massive sandbox. Some examples are, Savanah, Canyon and a Roofed Forest. I believe, there should be certain "mobs" (Creatures existing in the world) for each biome.
    Some examples are, Lions, Elephants,Heiynas etc. for the Savanah. I also have some suggestions for the Jungle biome, some being, Jaguars,Tigers,Monkeys,Snakes etc. Thank you for reading!

Herbertlives
  50. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is a really great game, but is a tad overrated. The features are excellent and gameplay is fun, but can get boring when in survival mode. While it's a great game, people glorify it too much like it's the Messiah of not just sandbox games and indie games, but as the video game industry as a whole. Fun for the whole family.
  51. Mar 12, 2014
    Everyone saying this game is terrible is completely missing the point of the game! Most of the negative reviews here either mention the "bad graphics", or how the game seems to be "un-finished" or "lacking features". The game is meant to be blocky with simple graphics, that is a major part of what makes the game special and unique! If you still feel the need for great graphics, go online and download one of many, many, many free user-created HD resource packs! And the game seems unfinished because it is!! The game will NEVER be totally finished, as the game developers have said many times in the past.
    If you're looking for more features or more interesting gameplay, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of 100% free player-made modifications (mods) and custom-made worlds creating various challenges, puzzles, and adventures. The awesome Minecraft community is what really makes the game - without all the custom-made user material, it would not be nearly as popular!
  52. Mar 12, 2014
    An amazingly addictive building game! The graphics almost made me ignore this game but a friend let me try it. Sometimes simple is the perfect formula. With the mountain of mods and texture packs out there you're sure to be able to customize the game any way you like!
  53. Mar 11, 2014
    Minecraft is truly a revolutionary game, its simple, yet you can do anything in it, people have taken it so far. The way they add new things all the time, for free of charge. Is so generous of the Swedish company. Its a very creative game. Anyone who would play Minecraft would know that its a game of a 1000 games. Anyone can play it young or old. There are plenty of servers. Many blocks and mods to keep you building. Also Minecraft has survival to survive the night and defeat the wither and the EnderDragon. It has to be the indie game that changed the gaming industry for a long time. The mechanics arent much, but its easy to learn. If you don't like the small blocky graphics there are resource packs that change the sounds and textures. It can go from around 3x3 per block/item, to 5012x5012! Its a great game to keep your kids away from shooting and violent games. Its very cheap and you dont need much to play the game. It runs on Mac, Windows, Linux. You need at least 2gbs of RAM and around a few MegaBytes of space. I highly recomend the game, its fun to bring friends and family closer. :) Expand
  54. Mar 8, 2014
    Este juego es la prueba de que un buen juego no necesita los super graficos realistas, circulos o esferas ni mucha complicacion solo un par de pixeles, cubos, redstone, minas y CREEPERS!
  55. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the game its multi player is endless and the creations never stop it just keeps going I see so much more of this game in the Future and the mods just make so sophisticated and in single player you can experiment and find new strategy's to do some specific thing and conquer the game in a year its awesome and I love it Expand
  56. Mar 6, 2014
    Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time. The music is great especially the piano pieces. and the multiplayer is my favourite part of this game with the community creating several games modes which is fun for all. Overall, Minecraft is a wonderful game that every PC gamer should experience once in their lives 10.1/10 Expand
  57. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Nice Gameplay+
    +Great Graphics+
    +Magnificent Open World+
    +Great Visuals And Design+
    +Fun Multiplayer Mode+

Minecraft is not only nice, it's marvelous game and perfect to build and create with your own freedom. Minecraft is pleased for people to play with.
  58. Feb 14, 2014
    A great educational and creative game that allows the players to do and build whatever they want in a virtual infinite space. But be warned: if you are not a creative person, you'll get bored really fast.
  59. Feb 4, 2014
    This game is one of the best games of all time. It provides so much variety that constantly people are coming out with mods and texture packs to make this game great. And they update it occasionally too to keep the gamers playing the game and to have new people start playing.
  60. Jan 28, 2014
    Having played this game since it's alpha stages, I can tell you they have done a good job of updating and keeping the game a little different. The possibilities are pretty much endless; you can play any genre you want on this. Of course, unless you download a texture pack, it all looks the same. But for being able to play any genre there has got to be some disadvantage right? Yes, of course there is. If in survival, you must collect and build, but in creative you just have to build. So if you want a puzzle game, you have to make. And if you want a fighting arena you have to make it. Luckily there are multiplayer servers that you can play on that build all these things for you to play at. Another cool thing about minecraft is it's ability to mod it so easily. The game was designed to provide ample entertainment without mods, but with them you can get anything you want out of this game. As some have said, you don't really have a goal, as you are stranded in the middle of no where. But at first, there are goals. Build a house, collect materials, craft cool items, etc. Also, achievements get you something to work for. Also, the Ender Dragon is most peoples ultimate goal, and it takes a very long time to get to have a chance against it. Afterwards though, they leave it up to you to decide what happens next. Luckily with rather frequent updates you can explore new areas and meet new creatures. So if you like a very very unrestricted game, Minecraft is the way to go.And for only around 30 dollars, you can't really go wrong. For a sandbox game, Minecraft is the top choice. Expand
  61. Jan 27, 2014
    I know, I know, I am incredibly late on this one. I've played Minecraft for years now, and it is not only a game that revolutionized the Gaming Industry and especially the Indie industry. It is one of the most addictive, rewarding experiences you will ever play.
    If you haven't play Minecraft, what the hell are you waiting for? And trust me, the PC version is the one you want. First,
    almost every computer in the world runs it, you don't need a megalodon with high-tech specs to run the game. Second, don't **** about graphics. Minecraft is a beautiful game. It's blocky art stile is charming, and seeing a sunset for the first time with the eclectic piano music behind is just mesmerizingly beautiful.
    The objective in Minecraft is to survive. Or at least it is in "Survival" mode. As you progress through the game, you will progress in things like building a house, hunting monsters or going to hell. Everything can be for nothing in a blink of an eye (When you are dead, YOU ARE dead). You must orientate yourself in the random generated world, find shelter and food, and protect yourself from the creatures of the night. At moments it is thrilling, at moments scary, at moments funny. You never know what is going to happen in a typical Minecraft day.
    Then you have "Creative" mode. In this mode, you can do whatever you want with the blocks you want. Build a giant diamond mansion, and why not shape it like a yatch? How about farming zombies? The limit is literally your imagination.
    Minecraft also offers a multiplayer service. You can either play with friends or join a server to play something with the community. Want to play Hunger Games, Block Hunt and many other games with people from all around the world? Then the multiplayer experience is perfect for you. The variety of things to do and see is amazing.
    Minecraft is easily one of the jewels of this generation and of gaming history. It isn't ambitious and still, it feels like the biggest-scaled game ever made. It is always updating, expanding to keep things fresh, and it truly is the Indie Game that revolutionized the industry.
  62. Jan 26, 2014
    Now these are my words coming from my mouth. This is my opinion review. I gave Minecraft a 9/10 because Jeb was put in charge. Minecraft was better when Marcus "Notch" Pearson was in charge. Jeb turned Minecraft over to it's "darkest zone". The only good thing about all of this is that Jeb put a down grader in the launcher. I love Minecraft, but am disappointing in what Jeb has done with Minecraft. I wish that Notch would come back and Jeb would be co assistant. Notch, please come back and fix Jeb's "new game". Expand
  63. Jan 15, 2014
    Minecraft is often criticised for not containing guns, unless modded. this is no reason to let your opinion go sour. The game itself is very versatile; it is playable on Pc, Xbox, Apple, Android, Ps3, Ps4, and has many spin-offs. whichever version you choose to play, minecraft has the same drift; you have a character, usually customisable, who spawns into a seemingly endless world of cubes, with only your imagination as the limit. It is a great game for people of all ages, from children to elderly, as it stimulates different parts of the mind, especially creativity.

It's really quite remarkable.
  64. Jan 14, 2014
    if you know all the things you can do in this awesome game... its the most free world game in history and also includes the possibility of make your own mechanism whit redstone, in creative or in survival.
  65. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my favourite game! I think I've been playing this since 2012 and I have enjoyed every single second of it. Games don't need fancy graphics to be fun. THANKS MOJANG!

-James
  66. Jan 6, 2014
    I can't even begin to describe how enjoyable this indie game is. I will always know Minecraft to be the game that invented infinite worlds. No matter what you do in Minecraft you'll never get bored. Because, as previously mentioned it has infinite worlds! Multiplayer is extremely fun, and you can also have LAN worlds so you can play with you're friends who are on the same network.
  67. Jan 4, 2014
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, period. It is true that plain vanilla may get boring after a while, but this is where the amazing community, mods, and servers come in! There is truly infinite possibility in this game, and I would definitely recommend it for anyone willing to give it a go.
  68. Jan 3, 2014
    Ahhh, Minecraft... you know... all those gamemodes, all those epic constructions, the amazing comunity out there. All that stuff is really awesome. And you can just play with one or two friends on a server made by YOU. Minecraft is an amazing game for 10 years old guys or even for 30 years old men (and woman). It's obviously worth the 19,90$. The only reason I give 9 as score for this game is because of the development. The game has lots of bugs that the developers know about (their all around minecraft forums). And they just update the game when the discovered bugs reach a critical state. Expand
  69. Jan 3, 2014
    This is an entertaining, very casual game. There are few limits on what you can do with this game and an Internet connection. Even without the on-line parts of the game, the game can keep you occupied for a long time. The controls are easy to learn, and the game is easy to understand. You are only limited by your imagination.
  70. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is the best game of all time in my opinion, from the Alpha which was back in the day a fantastic game alone, it just kept on getting better through Beta and now in full release it is still being updated and content being added which is just one of the reasons this is the only 10/10 I have ever given. All the mod packs and mods which have been made from this game such as Technic and Feed the Beast have just added so much more replayability. The moving soundtrack fits absolutely perfectly with the game and is still being added to. The soundtrack is slow, calm and has a fantasy element to it like no other. That was just the singleplayer the multiplayer servers add even more, with custom plugins and game modes such as survival games or just mining and building with friends the multilplayer greatly increases the playtime. There is much more to add such as the enormous amount if mobs neutral and hostile and the immersive day to night cycle which really fits in with the game. The only problem with this it was quite hard and still is to set up a server for your friends to play on but that has gotten allot easier. This is the only game Xbox 360 & PC combined I have spent 1000+ hours on playing. Expand
  71. Dec 31, 2013
    Very good game, Indeed it was. Its is one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  72. Dec 31, 2013
    I have played Minecraft since the early Alpha stages, and the game is amazing and has been all the way through my experience. The people who do not call this a full game do not know what they are talking about because as far as i know over 13 Million people think it is. (that's how many have bought the game) It's classic, it's creative and it's a great way to spend a rainy day or a whole holiday! It's great fun alone or with friends. The only thing that i can complain about is how it became after it's release, the game was at it's top around the Beta 1.6 time. Expand
  73. Dec 30, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the best if not the best game I have ever played. It has a vast world to explore and plenty of weird and interesting mobs (animals). Although it did get a tiny bit repetitive, Minecraft has me so addicted that I can't stop playing.
  74. Dec 30, 2013
    The game is very fun to play and can become additive spending hours and hours playing it and it never gets boring, get a friend and start building your own world of blocks
  75. Dec 29, 2013
    I love Minecraft, I love it for how open it is and how much you can actually do. I'm more of a fan of the creative and the building side of things. This game is great for that! With free upcoming updates every few months increasing the features, items and blocks. People who tend not to like minecraft usually do not play for long enough. You have to build to a certain level until you cannot stop and admire your creation. Minecraft also carry's what other of its followers do not. The ability to create various contraptions using a redstone system (A wiring type of system) alongside rails and other tools to help you implement uses into things you make. I already give this a 10 just for that. That isn't all, it includes survival and multiplayer in which is huge with it's own game modes, RPGs and survivals. I'm sure I haven't covered everything but from my experience it is one of my favorite games. Expand
  76. Dec 28, 2013
    Been playing Minecraft since Alpha and continue to enjoy it. This is a game that will never stop evolving. The developers are constantly adding new things and I have never gotten bored of the build-box gameplay. Are you creative? You can literally build anything. Are you an adventurer? The randomly generated maps are huge and offer tons of things to explore. One minute I'm building my farm, the next I'm spelunking in a cave system that seems to never end and is rich in ores and materials. The survival element just adds icing to the cake, having to fend of the likes of skeletons and zombies to stay alive at night. Fun for all ages! Expand
  77. Dec 22, 2013
    Highly original, massive fun with high replayability and an amazing modding community. Whilst the game may lack visuals, a storyline and contains numerous bugs, it is still massively addictive and fun. The fact that it makes up for these shortcomings (that would be big negatives in any other game) proves that the degree of enjoyment is truly extraordinary.
  78. Dec 20, 2013
    Is one of the best games i ever played. The graphics are pretty nice but the gameplay is the center of the game. IT'S AWESOME. But there is a problem in this game: there are a lot of 5-6 years old kids playing this game bad players. The updates are really heavy
  79. Dec 19, 2013
    This is one of, if not THE best game I've ever bought, i know single player gets really boring unless you have mods, but playing with your friends is what keeps this game going, multiplayer is really good as well but there are some lag issues depending on your connection and this is one of those games where lag can get you to rage quit, a really good sandbox, you can make some great structures on there, i think the only reason why people don't like it is that they look to the negatives, they haven't tried the good servers
    over all, great game, i recommend you try it out, look for mods you may like and some good servers.
  80. Dec 14, 2013
    This is a game that I can't even begin to say how amazing it is. While bringing back the good old pixely graphics, if that's a word, you can make whatever your mind thinks of. Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, you name it. This game has infinite possibilities and with a creative mind, this game CAN'T go wrong. Also, the online multiplayer is just flat out AWESOME! You can play with a thousand people at a time! If you get this game, it will be extremely hard to not say: Just one more block. Expand
  81. Dec 12, 2013
    The PC version of "Minecraft" is fantastic. It's a brilliantly designed 3-D game. You can play by yourself and construct houses, explore caves and fight mobs. You can also play online and build together with your friends, PVP with other online players, or just explore the beauty of Minecraft together with friends. Definitely a recommended game for young and old.
  82. Dec 10, 2013
    Minecraft deserves a good score. It may be made out of blocks, but it's still a good game. Minecraft is a perfect example of gameplay over graphics. There is tons of things to do. There is not limits to what you can build. Some people think that all you do in Minecraft is mine. But really, there is so much more. Hunting, crafting, building, and of course, mining. With over 1,000,000 sales, this game really get a high score on lots of people's lists. The only major problem is the multiplayer servers. Big servers tend to have people and even staff that don't follow the rules, and makes it T or M rated instead of 10+, so I do suggest your child that may play this, have caution.

This game deserves my 9 out of 10 and a place on my top 3 games list. Don't pass this up people. you won't regret it.
  83. Dec 7, 2013
    Graphics 9/10
    Blocky but that's what makes it great
    Replay ability 10/10
    Infinite world, infinite hours of gameplay
    Gameplay 9/10
    You do whatever you want within the games limits
    It's a sandbox game
  84. Dec 5, 2013
    Pros: ● Infinite Worlds, wander endlessly, break or place anything, whenever you want, wherever you want. ● Always receiving updates, (new stuff being added), thus never becoming old. ● Great Graphics for its genre! ● Challenging in certain aspects. ● Suitable for any age. ● Easy to create a multi-player server and play with friends/ family. ● Plenty of building options ● Unique from other games, has no story, you make your own story.
    ● Very easy to download and install.

Cons:
    ○ Consumes too much resources on your PC.
    ○ Render Distance is too short.
    ○ Redstone creates lag. (i7 Intel Processors are the best for handling Redstone)

Copy and paste the link in your web browser to download and play the demo:: https://minecraft.net/
  85. Dec 1, 2013
    Minecraft is a great game, it has excellent gameplay and sure, the graphics aren`t top but ever heard the term "gameplay is better than graphics". This game completely describes this...Ill give you an example, would you want to play a 8-bit game like Legend of Zelda or Mario or play a game which is high def but is a game about Justin Bieber. You think about it.
  86. Nov 28, 2013
    A really great game! I have had this game purchased in 2012 Spring, and I still play it! The graphics are the style of the game! Plus you can change the textures of the graphics by getting texture packs/ resource packs, if you would like a more realistic theme.
  87. Nov 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While Minecraft is everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory. minecraft has 3 awesome versions: pocket edition,xbox edition and the best of all,minecraft pc. Expand
  88. Nov 22, 2013
    Don't even get me started with Minecraft PC Game Legends loves Minecraft and we are addicted to playing it you'll have to be crazy not to like this game on all platforms mainly PC and Mac. I love every thing about the game the mobs, the imagination and the fact that there are no rules an you can do what ever you want to do with out any one saying you can't. This game gets a perfect ten without a doubt. Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is great, if you don't have it, why not? It's legos for adults. Not only is it fun to build and create, they constantly add more content to the game. Minecraft has been a game that I constantly go back to and find myself engrossed in days and weeks of crafting and building.
  90. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is amazing, with new updates every few months, that get rid of some old bugs. People complain about graphics, but there's more to enjoy, because you can do almost, or a lot of things that you normally wouldn't be able to do in any game you'd find.
  91. Nov 20, 2013
    I love minecraft good for building having fun and is way better then roblox and in minecraft it is all fun and no stupid ads always poping up and I love playin with my pals is the best game ever
  92. Nov 17, 2013
    A fast and fluent endless world to build and create. Cheap price with no membership (as of this date), where you rightfully get what you paid for. An aspect of the game that was difficult to grasp was the multiplayer, which I feel is a big essential for "not getting bored" during a never ending game play experience. Of course, servers and what not have been well understood by many long-term players, but newer players (i.e. Me, when I first played) don't understand the server concept well enough to actually know how to connect themselves in other worlds. Mojang is aware of this, and rumors of implementing a new, easier to understand multiplayer system is in play. I think people of all ages should give this game a go, as it might be worth your while. Expand
  93. Nov 16, 2013
    This game gives to you total freedom: Play as you like, do the "job" finishing the game, or simply explore the world building big and strange houses! You'll love it, if you loved Lego years ago. It's an enormous and very fun sandbox game, that represents the top of Indie Games. VIRTUALINN.IT
  94. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is amazing and revolutionary. It changed the world. there has never been any game like this one before so I am giving it a 10. this is one of those games that you can play forever and never get sick of.
    highly recommending
  95. Nov 6, 2013
    This is going to be the most non-biased and detailed review you are going to read. I will talk about Minecraft, a pixelated, blocky, survival themed sandbox RPG that consists of creation and destruction.

I am going to start of with the graphics. I know it may look dated and pixelated, though the sheer idea is in a way, genius. No one ever thinks to make a pixelated 3D game, for one.
    There is like a line of separation between pixelated 2D and polygonal 3D. This makes it memorable. Secondly, it reduces lag. You claim it's a buggy mess. I tell you it's really not that bad. The bugs that are there are minor and being fixed by constant updates. You may think it was because they were indie developers and so they couldn't, or they were too lazy, but I tell you it wouldn't of been too hard to make it super polished. Still, you can choose whether you want to love it or ate it. You can add texture packs if you really dislike it, though you'd need a super computer for some of the better high-res ones.

Now, about the world. It's fully destructible. It's made of cubes. The former is the cause of the latter, because these were indie developers. I'm not saying they couldn't of, but they didn't. It definitely works, and makes exploration workable. They don't have Assassin's Creed type character movement, but the destructibility makes it workable. It means there is a type of strategy to what you do, and let's you get creative. The creation is good for the most part, but since it's made out of cubes, and they all have to exist on this 3D grid, it definitely creates spatial problems. For example, making a car like object is impossible, even though you can use minecarts, which needs to have rails placed before hand. In the end, it's still brilliant. You can create and destroy in Minecraft, as well as create functional things with redstone, Minecraft's electronics equivalent. This makes Minecraft the most creative game ever made, while letting you use strategy.

Minecraft has no story. You make your own goals, but there are challenging areas and enemies that have been implemented to help you make them. Singleplayer is fun and will keep you hooked, but multiplayer is just great. You will have some trouble setting a server up if you want to play with friends, but after the setting up, it's fairly easy to start it again. You can create traps in Minecraft, and it's good in singleplayer to fight enemies (that need better AI, although being worked on), but it's best when you use it in multiplayer.
  96. Nov 4, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the most revolutionary games out there. The open worlds are AMAZING. There is so much to do now with 1.7 just came out. It is so worth the cash. Go get it now.
  97. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.1] Minecraft is what you make it and much more. An incredible idea that was executed flawlessly, Minecraft is the best of its genre and can easily rival major titles. Minecraft proves that while simplicity might be requisite in an indie game, it can be used to make something much greater. It takes a massive world, a player, and produces an infinite number of solutions. Exploration is always overlooked in video games. Developers focus on things like mechanics, challenge, variety, interactivity, and visuals, but don't realize that if given an environment that allows players to freely conquer each of those aspects, their work is done. All a player needs is tools and the internet, because someone will gain enough interest in a game to learn everything about it, and the resulting cascade is a devoted fan base. Expand
  98. Oct 29, 2013
    Minecraft is a great game, where you could really build anything (with some creativity, of course). The game is always expanding, with more and more things being added. You can do anything you want. And for those who want to expand it, modifications are free and legal to download and use. I, personally, don't use very many mods, but I've seen them and tried a lot. Minecraft is fun when you are bored, or even if you aren't. Expand
  99. Oct 29, 2013
    Truly awesome, epic and wonderful, Minecraft is like the boredom buster on my life and I will not stop from playing this first-person sandbox creative game! Minecraft is certainly the best game I've downloaded from my computer, has cute mobs like ocelots and cats, evil mobs like blazes and ghast, bosses like Wither and Ender Dragon and has awesome texture design!
  100. Apr 5, 2012
    Minecraft is best game for creative people. You Have there Creative mod And Survival. I hope there will be Adventure too. In every update there are new things. Its something like Life Simulation Because you must survive, and you have Hunger, Breath under water, On servers you can build with your friends or Fight them in PVP. I thinks that 304 dislikes of this game are people who envious of the success of the game.
    And earnings of Mojang

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]