7.4

1. Apr 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game which brings back memories from the 70's-80's. This game has revolutionized gaming. This game started off with noone playing it but now nearly everyone plays it. Players have modified it with Mini Games which is great. It has also given many Youtubers lot's of money including BajanCanadian etc. The multiplayer is really fun with 1000's of people owning servers there's shortage no choose from. Also the singleplayer is pretty fun too! I would recommend this game to anyone who is imaginative. Overall I give this game a 9/10 for a load of fun mini games and for being very addictive! Expand
  2. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am ANGRY at all you negative reviewers out there, you overlook the influence on culture these days of Minecraft, comparing it to other games (BTW I am looking for the perfect game which you will find my Qualifications in the Profile) This has by far been the Crown Jewel of My PC games, It is near my perfect game standard and it is the closest one there. Also about it's influence on culture, this game has truly defined the true basic principle of open-ended games, I believe it even has created it's own genre. And other than that I believe you negative reviewers never even tried to venture within the game itself, you didn't even bother to look at the wiki, it may be buggy however it 's Success overshadows it's flaws. And by the way did you even care to look at modding this game? This game for me, has an almost infinite number of mods out there, so the game is extremely flexible. And by the way have you seen Terraria? If you like the game and you review this negatively, then you know what? Terraria was inspired By MINECRAFT. So in my view this game belongs with the great historic games, which have forever changed the world, and if you ask me, Minecraft has begun it's own gaming generation CONVERSATION OVER, PERIOD. Expand
  3. Apr 13, 2014
    This game can be very fun at 90% of times but when it is not it gets kind of boring, but like I said It is a very great game with all the new mini games and other things. I will say this I miss minecraft back then by back then I mean 1.2 after 1.2 it kinda went down by minecraft will always be a special game to me and it was 1 of the first pc games I bought and played even to this day I still play it and there graphics are pretty decent, so this game deserves a good rating! :) Expand
  4. Apr 10, 2014
    Minecraft is a great game that never ends. You can be building houses in creative mode or trying to slay in ender dragon in survival. The possibilities are endless. My favourite part has to be making houses in creative mode though.
  5. Apr 7, 2014
    Minecraft is by far one of the greatest indie game ever invented. And I sure gives the inventor (Markus "Notch" Persson) a hell of a point. This voxel based sandbox game that is really fun to play. It increased people's creativity to create, explore, and other things you can imagine surviving with a more intense world. From the ALPHA phase, Minecraft was still nothing. But in the BETA phase, it already broke some records. First record, it was awarded the most popular game in BETA. The next record, shows that this game is the best sandbox game yet. Exploring the unlimited possibilities in the endless world of cubes. Crafting, Surviving, and Thriving. Making huge creations and make differences in this world. They also update the game eventually sometimes in 2 months time. And by my very critic, this game deserves a wonderful score of 10. Some people may say that this game is a waste of time. Well, it's actually a very great game to KILL some time. Some of the users/players of this game says that it lacked of gaming and it's made out of pixel. Some say it's the worst. The game is actually pixelated, but it's actually pixelated using cubes and blocks. That's why it seems so 3D. You can create endless creations and everything you want. But my surprise of this game it the multiplayer feature. It is really fun and enjoyable playing beyond the community and have fun by playing minigames. Or just doing a survival together with your friends. A 3D sandbox with a multiplayer feature? That's really fun for players that doesn't like being alone. I picked the three best servers so far, and the three of them keep amaze me anytime I go there. The best server so far is Mineplex by my opinion. The second is the Hypixel Network. And the third is The Hive. I really don't judge these servers because they are all good-to-play servers and all that, but in those critic, I'll judge them because this IS a critic. Apart from all of that, this is a wonderful game. I honored the creators of this game, which is TeamMojang, and I appreciate this kind of games. Indulging and exciting. Expand
  6. Apr 6, 2014
    The ones who say the graphics are bad, well, its your own fault for buying it. Always look at reviews and videos first. The game is meant to be full of pixels like that, its how Mojang intended it to be.
    Anways, this game is great, hours of play. You can say its a sandbox game, but it is not a sandbox, its a toybox! Lots of fun with it!
  7. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  8. Mar 29, 2014
    Minecraft is an amazing game. I remember hearing about it online and looking at what you can do in this game and when I finally got the game I was not disappointed a bit! I love the gameplay in this game both in survival and creative mode. I love survival because it gives me that feeling of exploration of going to build and craft things, fight monsters, go mining and when you complete hard tasks it can feel very rewarding. I also love creative mode because it's the opportunity to go around a create things that are huge and beautiful with almost no limitations; some things in creative do take a long time to make but when I am done they are very rewarding as well. I also love the music in this game and some of the atmospheres; however I will warn you that there are some really creepy things in this game. Overall, Minecraft is a masterpiece! I really wish people wouldn't bash this game just because they may call it too "mainstream" or something like that. The game is great, It also great to come back to this game after not playing it for a while. Trust me, I started playing this game back in 2012 and I am still playing it a lot today in 2014. Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2014
    After a while it grows on you a bit, plus everyone was telling me how great the building aspect of it is when I'm more into the adventure and mining of it. Although it still seems like the fans are the ones that carried this game...
  10. Mar 26, 2014
    Minecraft is a very good game because undergo frequent updates even with the final version. Is also a sandbox ie is INFINITE! Only flaws of the game is its weight and its price is $ 26.95.
  11. Mar 15, 2014
    Was my favorite game for a long time when I was younger. I played 500+ hours.
    Its so much better with mod pack. if you have played it a fair bit get a mod pack. The best ones are from Technic or FTB.
  12. Mar 14, 2014
    Minecraft is a flawless game, though I do have a few suggestions for future updates.

1: Like most people on the MC forum, WE WANT FLOATING ISLANDS!
    2:In a past update, "The Biome Update" many new "biomes" are added to the massive sandbox. Some examples are, Savanah, Canyon and a Roofed Forest. I believe, there should be certain "mobs" (Creatures existing in the world) for each biome.
    Some examples are, Lions, Elephants,Heiynas etc. for the Savanah. I also have some suggestions for the Jungle biome, some being, Jaguars,Tigers,Monkeys,Snakes etc. Thank you for reading!

Herbertlives
  13. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is a really great game, but is a tad overrated. The features are excellent and gameplay is fun, but can get boring when in survival mode. While it's a great game, people glorify it too much like it's the Messiah of not just sandbox games and indie games, but as the video game industry as a whole. Fun for the whole family.
  14. Mar 12, 2014
    Everyone saying this game is terrible is completely missing the point of the game! Most of the negative reviews here either mention the "bad graphics", or how the game seems to be "un-finished" or "lacking features". The game is meant to be blocky with simple graphics, that is a major part of what makes the game special and unique! If you still feel the need for great graphics, go online and download one of many, many, many free user-created HD resource packs! And the game seems unfinished because it is!! The game will NEVER be totally finished, as the game developers have said many times in the past.
    If you're looking for more features or more interesting gameplay, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of 100% free player-made modifications (mods) and custom-made worlds creating various challenges, puzzles, and adventures. The awesome Minecraft community is what really makes the game - without all the custom-made user material, it would not be nearly as popular!
  15. Mar 12, 2014
    An amazingly addictive building game! The graphics almost made me ignore this game but a friend let me try it. Sometimes simple is the perfect formula. With the mountain of mods and texture packs out there you're sure to be able to customize the game any way you like!
  16. Mar 11, 2014
    Minecraft is truly a revolutionary game, its simple, yet you can do anything in it, people have taken it so far. The way they add new things all the time, for free of charge. Is so generous of the Swedish company. Its a very creative game. Anyone who would play Minecraft would know that its a game of a 1000 games. Anyone can play it young or old. There are plenty of servers. Many blocks and mods to keep you building. Also Minecraft has survival to survive the night and defeat the wither and the EnderDragon. It has to be the indie game that changed the gaming industry for a long time. The mechanics arent much, but its easy to learn. If you don't like the small blocky graphics there are resource packs that change the sounds and textures. It can go from around 3x3 per block/item, to 5012x5012! Its a great game to keep your kids away from shooting and violent games. Its very cheap and you dont need much to play the game. It runs on Mac, Windows, Linux. You need at least 2gbs of RAM and around a few MegaBytes of space. I highly recomend the game, its fun to bring friends and family closer. :) Expand
  17. Mar 8, 2014
    Este juego es la prueba de que un buen juego no necesita los super graficos realistas, circulos o esferas ni mucha complicacion solo un par de pixeles, cubos, redstone, minas y CREEPERS!
  18. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the game its multi player is endless and the creations never stop it just keeps going I see so much more of this game in the Future and the mods just make so sophisticated and in single player you can experiment and find new strategy's to do some specific thing and conquer the game in a year its awesome and I love it Expand
  19. Mar 6, 2014
    Minecraft is one of my favorite games of all time and i can explain why, first the graphics. Though the graphics are blocky they have a certain charm to them that can not be explained. The gameplay is a lot of fun taking different twist to sandbox games unlike games like GTA and Saints Row instead of running around killing people you create buildings which can take up a lot of my time. The music is great especially the piano pieces. and the multiplayer is my favourite part of this game with the community creating several games modes which is fun for all. Overall, Minecraft is a wonderful game that every PC gamer should experience once in their lives 10.1/10 Expand
  20. Feb 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. +Nice Gameplay+
    +Great Graphics+
    +Magnificent Open World+
    +Great Visuals And Design+
    +Fun Multiplayer Mode+

Minecraft is not only nice, it's marvelous game and perfect to build and create with your own freedom. Minecraft is pleased for people to play with.
  21. Feb 21, 2014
    sweet! I got a Minecraft Upgrade Code and I can't believe it actually worked! Hit up http://minecraft.cardcodes.net

Read more at http://minecraft.cardcodes.net/#8fLBLbTJgYXC1Hsg.99
  22. Feb 14, 2014
    A great educational and creative game that allows the players to do and build whatever they want in a virtual infinite space. But be warned: if you are not a creative person, you'll get bored really fast.
  23. Feb 4, 2014
    This game is one of the best games of all time. It provides so much variety that constantly people are coming out with mods and texture packs to make this game great. And they update it occasionally too to keep the gamers playing the game and to have new people start playing.
  24. Jan 28, 2014
    Having played this game since it's alpha stages, I can tell you they have done a good job of updating and keeping the game a little different. The possibilities are pretty much endless; you can play any genre you want on this. Of course, unless you download a texture pack, it all looks the same. But for being able to play any genre there has got to be some disadvantage right? Yes, of course there is. If in survival, you must collect and build, but in creative you just have to build. So if you want a puzzle game, you have to make. And if you want a fighting arena you have to make it. Luckily there are multiplayer servers that you can play on that build all these things for you to play at. Another cool thing about minecraft is it's ability to mod it so easily. The game was designed to provide ample entertainment without mods, but with them you can get anything you want out of this game. As some have said, you don't really have a goal, as you are stranded in the middle of no where. But at first, there are goals. Build a house, collect materials, craft cool items, etc. Also, achievements get you something to work for. Also, the Ender Dragon is most peoples ultimate goal, and it takes a very long time to get to have a chance against it. Afterwards though, they leave it up to you to decide what happens next. Luckily with rather frequent updates you can explore new areas and meet new creatures. So if you like a very very unrestricted game, Minecraft is the way to go.And for only around 30 dollars, you can't really go wrong. For a sandbox game, Minecraft is the top choice. Expand
  25. Jan 27, 2014
    I know, I know, I am incredibly late on this one. I've played Minecraft for years now, and it is not only a game that revolutionized the Gaming Industry and especially the Indie industry. It is one of the most addictive, rewarding experiences you will ever play.
    If you haven't play Minecraft, what the hell are you waiting for? And trust me, the PC version is the one you want. First,
    almost every computer in the world runs it, you don't need a megalodon with high-tech specs to run the game. Second, don't **** about graphics. Minecraft is a beautiful game. It's blocky art stile is charming, and seeing a sunset for the first time with the eclectic piano music behind is just mesmerizingly beautiful.
    The objective in Minecraft is to survive. Or at least it is in "Survival" mode. As you progress through the game, you will progress in things like building a house, hunting monsters or going to hell. Everything can be for nothing in a blink of an eye (When you are dead, YOU ARE dead). You must orientate yourself in the random generated world, find shelter and food, and protect yourself from the creatures of the night. At moments it is thrilling, at moments scary, at moments funny. You never know what is going to happen in a typical Minecraft day.
    Then you have "Creative" mode. In this mode, you can do whatever you want with the blocks you want. Build a giant diamond mansion, and why not shape it like a yatch? How about farming zombies? The limit is literally your imagination.
    Minecraft also offers a multiplayer service. You can either play with friends or join a server to play something with the community. Want to play Hunger Games, Block Hunt and many other games with people from all around the world? Then the multiplayer experience is perfect for you. The variety of things to do and see is amazing.
    Minecraft is easily one of the jewels of this generation and of gaming history. It isn't ambitious and still, it feels like the biggest-scaled game ever made. It is always updating, expanding to keep things fresh, and it truly is the Indie Game that revolutionized the industry.
  26. Jan 26, 2014
    Now these are my words coming from my mouth. This is my opinion review. I gave Minecraft a 9/10 because Jeb was put in charge. Minecraft was better when Marcus "Notch" Pearson was in charge. Jeb turned Minecraft over to it's "darkest zone". The only good thing about all of this is that Jeb put a down grader in the launcher. I love Minecraft, but am disappointing in what Jeb has done with Minecraft. I wish that Notch would come back and Jeb would be co assistant. Notch, please come back and fix Jeb's "new game". Expand
  27. Jan 15, 2014
    Minecraft is often criticised for not containing guns, unless modded. this is no reason to let your opinion go sour. The game itself is very versatile; it is playable on Pc, Xbox, Apple, Android, Ps3, Ps4, and has many spin-offs. whichever version you choose to play, minecraft has the same drift; you have a character, usually customisable, who spawns into a seemingly endless world of cubes, with only your imagination as the limit. It is a great game for people of all ages, from children to elderly, as it stimulates different parts of the mind, especially creativity.

It's really quite remarkable.
  28. Jan 14, 2014
    if you know all the things you can do in this awesome game... its the most free world game in history and also includes the possibility of make your own mechanism whit redstone, in creative or in survival.
  29. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my favourite game! I think I've been playing this since 2012 and I have enjoyed every single second of it. Games don't need fancy graphics to be fun. THANKS MOJANG!

-James
  30. Jan 6, 2014
    I can't even begin to describe how enjoyable this indie game is. I will always know Minecraft to be the game that invented infinite worlds. No matter what you do in Minecraft you'll never get bored. Because, as previously mentioned it has infinite worlds! Multiplayer is extremely fun, and you can also have LAN worlds so you can play with you're friends who are on the same network.
  31. Jan 4, 2014
    This is one of the best games I have ever played, period. It is true that plain vanilla may get boring after a while, but this is where the amazing community, mods, and servers come in! There is truly infinite possibility in this game, and I would definitely recommend it for anyone willing to give it a go.
  32. Jan 3, 2014
    Ahhh, Minecraft... you know... all those gamemodes, all those epic constructions, the amazing comunity out there. All that stuff is really awesome. And you can just play with one or two friends on a server made by YOU. Minecraft is an amazing game for 10 years old guys or even for 30 years old men (and woman). It's obviously worth the 19,90$. The only reason I give 9 as score for this game is because of the development. The game has lots of bugs that the developers know about (their all around minecraft forums). And they just update the game when the discovered bugs reach a critical state. Expand
  33. Jan 3, 2014
    This is an entertaining, very casual game. There are few limits on what you can do with this game and an Internet connection. Even without the on-line parts of the game, the game can keep you occupied for a long time. The controls are easy to learn, and the game is easy to understand. You are only limited by your imagination.
  34. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is the best game of all time in my opinion, from the Alpha which was back in the day a fantastic game alone, it just kept on getting better through Beta and now in full release it is still being updated and content being added which is just one of the reasons this is the only 10/10 I have ever given. All the mod packs and mods which have been made from this game such as Technic and Feed the Beast have just added so much more replayability. The moving soundtrack fits absolutely perfectly with the game and is still being added to. The soundtrack is slow, calm and has a fantasy element to it like no other. That was just the singleplayer the multiplayer servers add even more, with custom plugins and game modes such as survival games or just mining and building with friends the multilplayer greatly increases the playtime. There is much more to add such as the enormous amount if mobs neutral and hostile and the immersive day to night cycle which really fits in with the game. The only problem with this it was quite hard and still is to set up a server for your friends to play on but that has gotten allot easier. This is the only game Xbox 360 & PC combined I have spent 1000+ hours on playing. Expand
  35. Dec 31, 2013
    Very good game, Indeed it was. Its is one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  36. Dec 31, 2013
    I have played Minecraft since the early Alpha stages, and the game is amazing and has been all the way through my experience. The people who do not call this a full game do not know what they are talking about because as far as i know over 13 Million people think it is. (that's how many have bought the game) It's classic, it's creative and it's a great way to spend a rainy day or a whole holiday! It's great fun alone or with friends. The only thing that i can complain about is how it became after it's release, the game was at it's top around the Beta 1.6 time. Expand
  37. Dec 30, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the best if not the best game I have ever played. It has a vast world to explore and plenty of weird and interesting mobs (animals). Although it did get a tiny bit repetitive, Minecraft has me so addicted that I can't stop playing.
  38. Dec 30, 2013
    The game is very fun to play and can become additive spending hours and hours playing it and it never gets boring, get a friend and start building your own world of blocks
  39. Dec 29, 2013
    I love Minecraft, I love it for how open it is and how much you can actually do. I'm more of a fan of the creative and the building side of things. This game is great for that! With free upcoming updates every few months increasing the features, items and blocks. People who tend not to like minecraft usually do not play for long enough. You have to build to a certain level until you cannot stop and admire your creation. Minecraft also carry's what other of its followers do not. The ability to create various contraptions using a redstone system (A wiring type of system) alongside rails and other tools to help you implement uses into things you make. I already give this a 10 just for that. That isn't all, it includes survival and multiplayer in which is huge with it's own game modes, RPGs and survivals. I'm sure I haven't covered everything but from my experience it is one of my favorite games. Expand
  40. Dec 28, 2013
    Been playing Minecraft since Alpha and continue to enjoy it. This is a game that will never stop evolving. The developers are constantly adding new things and I have never gotten bored of the build-box gameplay. Are you creative? You can literally build anything. Are you an adventurer? The randomly generated maps are huge and offer tons of things to explore. One minute I'm building my farm, the next I'm spelunking in a cave system that seems to never end and is rich in ores and materials. The survival element just adds icing to the cake, having to fend of the likes of skeletons and zombies to stay alive at night. Fun for all ages! Expand
  41. Dec 22, 2013
    Highly original, massive fun with high replayability and an amazing modding community. Whilst the game may lack visuals, a storyline and contains numerous bugs, it is still massively addictive and fun. The fact that it makes up for these shortcomings (that would be big negatives in any other game) proves that the degree of enjoyment is truly extraordinary.
  42. Dec 20, 2013
    Is one of the best games i ever played. The graphics are pretty nice but the gameplay is the center of the game. IT'S AWESOME. But there is a problem in this game: there are a lot of 5-6 years old kids playing this game bad players. The updates are really heavy
  43. Dec 19, 2013
    This is one of, if not THE best game I've ever bought, i know single player gets really boring unless you have mods, but playing with your friends is what keeps this game going, multiplayer is really good as well but there are some lag issues depending on your connection and this is one of those games where lag can get you to rage quit, a really good sandbox, you can make some great structures on there, i think the only reason why people don't like it is that they look to the negatives, they haven't tried the good servers
    over all, great game, i recommend you try it out, look for mods you may like and some good servers.
  44. Dec 14, 2013
    This is a game that I can't even begin to say how amazing it is. While bringing back the good old pixely graphics, if that's a word, you can make whatever your mind thinks of. Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, you name it. This game has infinite possibilities and with a creative mind, this game CAN'T go wrong. Also, the online multiplayer is just flat out AWESOME! You can play with a thousand people at a time! If you get this game, it will be extremely hard to not say: Just one more block. Expand
  45. Dec 12, 2013
    The PC version of "Minecraft" is fantastic. It's a brilliantly designed 3-D game. You can play by yourself and construct houses, explore caves and fight mobs. You can also play online and build together with your friends, PVP with other online players, or just explore the beauty of Minecraft together with friends. Definitely a recommended game for young and old.
  46. Dec 10, 2013
    Minecraft deserves a good score. It may be made out of blocks, but it's still a good game. Minecraft is a perfect example of gameplay over graphics. There is tons of things to do. There is not limits to what you can build. Some people think that all you do in Minecraft is mine. But really, there is so much more. Hunting, crafting, building, and of course, mining. With over 1,000,000 sales, this game really get a high score on lots of people's lists. The only major problem is the multiplayer servers. Big servers tend to have people and even staff that don't follow the rules, and makes it T or M rated instead of 10+, so I do suggest your child that may play this, have caution.

This game deserves my 9 out of 10 and a place on my top 3 games list. Don't pass this up people. you won't regret it.
  47. Dec 7, 2013
    Graphics 9/10
    Blocky but that's what makes it great
    Replay ability 10/10
    Infinite world, infinite hours of gameplay
    Gameplay 9/10
    You do whatever you want within the games limits
    It's a sandbox game
  48. Dec 5, 2013
    Pros: ● Infinite Worlds, wander endlessly, break or place anything, whenever you want, wherever you want. ● Always receiving updates, (new stuff being added), thus never becoming old. ● Great Graphics for its genre! ● Challenging in certain aspects. ● Suitable for any age. ● Easy to create a multi-player server and play with friends/ family. ● Plenty of building options ● Unique from other games, has no story, you make your own story.
    ● Very easy to download and install.

Cons:
    ○ Consumes too much resources on your PC.
    ○ Render Distance is too short.
    ○ Redstone creates lag. (i7 Intel Processors are the best for handling Redstone)

Copy and paste the link in your web browser to download and play the demo:: https://minecraft.net/
  49. Dec 1, 2013
    Minecraft is a great game, it has excellent gameplay and sure, the graphics aren`t top but ever heard the term "gameplay is better than graphics". This game completely describes this...Ill give you an example, would you want to play a 8-bit game like Legend of Zelda or Mario or play a game which is high def but is a game about Justin Bieber. You think about it.
  50. Nov 28, 2013
    A really great game! I have had this game purchased in 2012 Spring, and I still play it! The graphics are the style of the game! Plus you can change the textures of the graphics by getting texture packs/ resource packs, if you would like a more realistic theme.
  51. Nov 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While Minecraft is everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory. minecraft has 3 awesome versions: pocket edition,xbox edition and the best of all,minecraft pc. Expand
  52. Nov 22, 2013
    Don't even get me started with Minecraft PC Game Legends loves Minecraft and we are addicted to playing it you'll have to be crazy not to like this game on all platforms mainly PC and Mac. I love every thing about the game the mobs, the imagination and the fact that there are no rules an you can do what ever you want to do with out any one saying you can't. This game gets a perfect ten without a doubt. Expand
  53. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is great, if you don't have it, why not? It's legos for adults. Not only is it fun to build and create, they constantly add more content to the game. Minecraft has been a game that I constantly go back to and find myself engrossed in days and weeks of crafting and building.
  54. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is amazing, with new updates every few months, that get rid of some old bugs. People complain about graphics, but there's more to enjoy, because you can do almost, or a lot of things that you normally wouldn't be able to do in any game you'd find.
  55. Nov 20, 2013
    I love minecraft good for building having fun and is way better then roblox and in minecraft it is all fun and no stupid ads always poping up and I love playin with my pals is the best game ever
  56. Nov 17, 2013
    A fast and fluent endless world to build and create. Cheap price with no membership (as of this date), where you rightfully get what you paid for. An aspect of the game that was difficult to grasp was the multiplayer, which I feel is a big essential for "not getting bored" during a never ending game play experience. Of course, servers and what not have been well understood by many long-term players, but newer players (i.e. Me, when I first played) don't understand the server concept well enough to actually know how to connect themselves in other worlds. Mojang is aware of this, and rumors of implementing a new, easier to understand multiplayer system is in play. I think people of all ages should give this game a go, as it might be worth your while. Expand
  57. Nov 16, 2013
    This game gives to you total freedom: Play as you like, do the "job" finishing the game, or simply explore the world building big and strange houses! You'll love it, if you loved Lego years ago. It's an enormous and very fun sandbox game, that represents the top of Indie Games. VIRTUALINN.IT
  58. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is amazing and revolutionary. It changed the world. there has never been any game like this one before so I am giving it a 10. this is one of those games that you can play forever and never get sick of.
    highly recommending
  59. Nov 6, 2013
    This is going to be the most non-biased and detailed review you are going to read. I will talk about Minecraft, a pixelated, blocky, survival themed sandbox RPG that consists of creation and destruction.

I am going to start of with the graphics. I know it may look dated and pixelated, though the sheer idea is in a way, genius. No one ever thinks to make a pixelated 3D game, for one.
    There is like a line of separation between pixelated 2D and polygonal 3D. This makes it memorable. Secondly, it reduces lag. You claim it's a buggy mess. I tell you it's really not that bad. The bugs that are there are minor and being fixed by constant updates. You may think it was because they were indie developers and so they couldn't, or they were too lazy, but I tell you it wouldn't of been too hard to make it super polished. Still, you can choose whether you want to love it or ate it. You can add texture packs if you really dislike it, though you'd need a super computer for some of the better high-res ones.

Now, about the world. It's fully destructible. It's made of cubes. The former is the cause of the latter, because these were indie developers. I'm not saying they couldn't of, but they didn't. It definitely works, and makes exploration workable. They don't have Assassin's Creed type character movement, but the destructibility makes it workable. It means there is a type of strategy to what you do, and let's you get creative. The creation is good for the most part, but since it's made out of cubes, and they all have to exist on this 3D grid, it definitely creates spatial problems. For example, making a car like object is impossible, even though you can use minecarts, which needs to have rails placed before hand. In the end, it's still brilliant. You can create and destroy in Minecraft, as well as create functional things with redstone, Minecraft's electronics equivalent. This makes Minecraft the most creative game ever made, while letting you use strategy.

Minecraft has no story. You make your own goals, but there are challenging areas and enemies that have been implemented to help you make them. Singleplayer is fun and will keep you hooked, but multiplayer is just great. You will have some trouble setting a server up if you want to play with friends, but after the setting up, it's fairly easy to start it again. You can create traps in Minecraft, and it's good in singleplayer to fight enemies (that need better AI, although being worked on), but it's best when you use it in multiplayer.
  60. Nov 4, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the most revolutionary games out there. The open worlds are AMAZING. There is so much to do now with 1.7 just came out. It is so worth the cash. Go get it now.
  61. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.1] Minecraft is what you make it and much more. An incredible idea that was executed flawlessly, Minecraft is the best of its genre and can easily rival major titles. Minecraft proves that while simplicity might be requisite in an indie game, it can be used to make something much greater. It takes a massive world, a player, and produces an infinite number of solutions. Exploration is always overlooked in video games. Developers focus on things like mechanics, challenge, variety, interactivity, and visuals, but don't realize that if given an environment that allows players to freely conquer each of those aspects, their work is done. All a player needs is tools and the internet, because someone will gain enough interest in a game to learn everything about it, and the resulting cascade is a devoted fan base. Expand
  62. Oct 29, 2013
    Minecraft is a great game, where you could really build anything (with some creativity, of course). The game is always expanding, with more and more things being added. You can do anything you want. And for those who want to expand it, modifications are free and legal to download and use. I, personally, don't use very many mods, but I've seen them and tried a lot. Minecraft is fun when you are bored, or even if you aren't. Expand
  63. Oct 29, 2013
    Truly awesome, epic and wonderful, Minecraft is like the boredom buster on my life and I will not stop from playing this first-person sandbox creative game! Minecraft is certainly the best game I've downloaded from my computer, has cute mobs like ocelots and cats, evil mobs like blazes and ghast, bosses like Wither and Ender Dragon and has awesome texture design!
  64. Oct 29, 2013
    Well I am simply going to say this, Minecraft is the most outstanding game ever, it has created a whole new world of gaming, in multiple sences, you are free to do what ever you want, construct an enormous kingdom, model anything you wish, create your own mods and texture packs, even uphold your very own server for other people world wide to join you. By far worth your money, I almost feel as if i'm stealing from them because it is so cheap, especially to new games coming out, this is by far the best choice! Expand
  65. Oct 21, 2013
    Minecraft gives you so many options on what you want to do. You can choose the creative side and build your masterpiece, or you can fight with friends and compete in mini games.
  66. Oct 21, 2013
    Minecraft is a good game. Go play it now and be creative. Create your own world and do whatever you want with your blocks and items. It's just... awesome.
  67. Oct 18, 2013
    A true gaming legend in it's late days glory.
    You won't find great graphics here, no robust voice acting, no storyline to follow and no rules to oblige.
    What you get is a limitless virtual sandbox, where you can mine resources with a pickaxe in one minute, just to jump into a multiplayer TDM modern guns fight the next.
    The vanilla experience in itself is great, but true strength of
    Minecraft lies in modability&multiplayer.
    There is massive amount of content provided by Minecraft's high modability (there are probably more mods to this than Skyrim and flexible multiplayer with dozens of different ideas for servers ranging from 10 player survival sandbox through medium RPG-themed servers to colossal 400 players (yes the number is right four and four zeroes) PvP faction servers.
    The creative aspect of this game is it's biggest perk just google "epic Minecraft buildings" if you want to see what I'm talking about here. Amount of user-created buildings and maps is so mind-boggling it hurts my brain to just think about it (check out planet minecraft there are tons) !
    While poor graphics may deter you at first, you will quickly learn to love it, as usage of such graphics allow the great freedom player has in Minecraft.

There is no other game like Minecraft it created it's own genre and legend. An absolute must-own.
  68. Oct 18, 2013
    This game is amazing. There is nothing you can't do, and if you get bored with whatever you are doing. Go and look at the bazillion mods that are out there for it. The will never be 'finished' as it is constantly getting updated with new blocks and features. Like in the latest snapshot, there is a cell shader that is basically if your character was to take LSD, who doesn't want that. All the bastards who give this game a score. Clearly haven't played the game, and if they did then they didn't play it properly.
    - LachoHunta
  69. Oct 15, 2013
    First of all, I think people who game this game a bad review on how Mojang is being lazy. They do their job. They release mini releases call SnapShots to give players an insight on the new update, these are released EVERY WEEK!!! Also, the graphics are not the best, This game was not intended to have the best graphics, Alot of bugs have been fixed. In 1.7 they are adding alot of new graphic modifing tools, If you dont like how it looks, Get a resource pack or make one. Expand
  70. Oct 8, 2013
    I've been playing the game for years, and to this day still find enjoyment in this game. While it has continued to grow over the years, so has Mojang's popularity. The company has continued to hire more people to help out on the game, and to help make it better. Despite there being some slight graphical glitches, the game continues to play very well on my rig. The game play is extremely immersive, and the script is highly malleable, as shown by the thousands of mods created by the fans of the game. I have been playing the game since the Halloween update way back in the late Alpha's, and the game continues to feel like a strong part of my life. It has inspired me to build things with my hands, and be more creative in general with my projects. Despite lacking any real graphics, the game itself is fantastic, as it isn't the graphics that make the game, but more so the game play. It has been the one game that has kept me coming back for more, keeping me saying "just one more block" every time. Expand
  71. Oct 7, 2013
    Minecraft is not a game its a building block its something that leads to something that leads to something. Theres hundreds of things to do in Mincraft build a house, kill zombies and other monsters roaming around the world or go exploring in giant caves or go into creative mode and let your imagination run free theres so much to do and thats just the single player. multi players is the best part of Mincraft in my opinion and theres so many servers and so many games in those servers. spleef, hunger games, TNT run just to name a few to sum up this game i say its its computer legos, it gives you the power to do anything you want that barley any games are doing now in days. get this game if you have a pc its worth the 20 bucks Expand
  72. Oct 7, 2013
    This game is just insane. I started playing this at the Alpha stage, just after Multiplayer was added. Before i bought the game i played the free version (A friend of mine had a server and made me OP). We made some nice stuffs n' that, but it got quite boring quite fast, and i decided to give the full game a shot. I just really loved the unlimited possibilities in the game, and today it's probably my most played game with approximately 1.000 hours played, if not more.
    Another thing i really love is that when im out of ideas and the game starts to get boring, then i've most likely been able to take a break from Minecraft (a few months) to get new ideas and so on. When i get new ideas it's like playing a whole new game every time because of all these possibilities.
    Some people also complain about the graphics considering it's a game from 2011, but to me it just makes the game truly unique, and i also think that was what Notch wanted to obtain with this kind of graphics.
    All in all i really love this game, and after so many hours of fun, i feel like the least i can do is to give this game a 10 of 10!
    PS: I would not recommend to judge this game, if you've only played the free version, go buy the full game and try it instead. It's so much better!
  73. Oct 7, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the indie games, that were ever made. In contrast to other games, Minecraft contains no story, that means you can invent one. It haves no interesting environment, that means you can build one. This game let you invent your game and with the periodical updates it will never be boring and you can always achieve something.
  74. Oct 2, 2013
    This game is awesome!!! You can build anything in this game in the creative mode, and the survival mode is quite addicting, and you can play with other players too!!
  75. Sep 30, 2013
    This is an excellent game. You will never run out of stuff to do. If you get bored with the default vanilla, try a mod or a custom map.
    There are tons of really awesome mods and custom maps out there. There are custom servers too, with games like Bow spleef, Survival games, The Walls, Super Craft Brothers and a LOT of others.
    Some claim Minecraft is a bad game, because there is not a lot
    to do in vanilla survival. I do admit, that it does get boring. But the point of Minecraft is not just to play vanilla survival. The point of Minecraft is to try mods, custom maps and servers.
    The speciality about Minecraft is that more stuff gets added every few months. Of course you might claim that a lot of games add new purchasable content every month, but Minecraft gives every update for free.
    Those, who claimed that Minecraft is bad in 1.0 (the official "Release"), should try again. Minecraft is never going to be actually "Ready", as more bug fixes and features keep getting added all the time!
    Some claim the ending sucks. The ending of Minecraft is not the main point. It's just a tiny little part of the game.
  76. Sep 25, 2013
    One of the best video games you can play right now. There's so much you can do with this game. You can create, you can build, you can survive the possibilities are immense.
  77. Sep 22, 2013
    You guys seriously HAVE to play this, this is the most addicting and fun game ever, who cares about graphics? more options come soon and you should know that! Jeb and Dinnerbone are working their but's off to give the perfect game to you, act like a champion.
  78. Sep 19, 2013
    Minecraft it's a great game. There are lots of stuff to do: Mining, fighting, going other dimensions... In my opinion it's one of the best games I ever played.
  79. Sep 17, 2013
    This is simply the biggest thing in game design that has happened during the last 10 years. In a time were most games were just plain stupid, unimaginative and uncreative there came minecraft and saved the market. This is not only an absolutely genius game with a wonderful concept, great atmosphere and beautiful music, this is a revolution for the game market.
  80. Sep 17, 2013
    Minecraft is simply amazing, create anything you want from blocks, or fight zombies, or gather resources, whatever you want to do you can!

I didn't want to buy this game, I got talked into it and I must say its some of the best money I have spent in gaming recently.

Updates are frequent, but what really makes this game amazing is the modding community.
  81. Sep 7, 2013
    A fantastic idea. The game is well put together. There are lots of things to do, whether you're playing survival mode or creative mode. For me, the best thing about Minecraft is creating my own community, my house and farms. Definitely worth a 9/10.
  82. Sep 2, 2013
    Best game I've played in a long time. You really cant get more sandbox than this and its addictiveness is rivaled only by FTL. Anyone who though a game needs a story to be good just got proven wrong. Great soundtrack smooth graphics, great A.I and one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. Buy this game.
  83. Aug 31, 2013
    One of my favorite games ever. And the reason it has low score is because of all the haters that don't like minecraft who either haven't played it but think it's stupid, or have no imagination. So all I can say is, haters gonna hate! Thanks for listening!
  84. Aug 31, 2013
    Honestly this is the game I've played and enjoyed more.
    It has a myriad of game options, not only to build, is to survive, have fun with friends, play the Hunger Games, counter strike, play adventure maps (my favorite part), in order to shorten it's great.
    The most people think they have bad graphics but is that the secret of this game, blocks make it unique and the first in a series of
    prints like minecraft cheap because no are two. Perfect. Expand
  85. Aug 25, 2013
    Minecraft is a beautiful game. The whole idea of your imagination being the limit is extraordinary! The game deserves a 10 out of 10 because of everything to do with it. Definitely buy this.
  86. Aug 21, 2013
    Minecraft is a very special game like no other. It is revolutionary and inspired game developers to create more sandbox like games. Its very great to play the game while constantly being updated with new things.
  87. Aug 17, 2013
    Minecraft is my favorite game of all time. Haters gonna hate because they are too retarded to think that callofduty is the best game known to man. minecraft is awesome.
  88. Aug 15, 2013
    First of all I am a very harsh critic on almost everything and personally I think that minecraft goes down as one of the best games of all time and it is a sandbox its just amazing that Mojang came out with a sandbox that most people like based on 60% of gamers playing games like call of duty or battlefield
  89. Aug 13, 2013
    There is no story line to fallow. the only thing you do is create or survive. And they bought are prety. The reason I didn't gave this game 10/10 is that the game may not be enjoyable for a graphic fan. The game couldn't have more interactive. The only thing is the pirate version has almost everything the origina has 25 euros for changing your skin for multiplayer and premium only servers. How ever I suggest you to buy the origina version to support the developers. Expand
  90. Aug 13, 2013
    Minecraft is a really good game, not only is it the ultimate lego set and a great survival game, but there are so many mini games and mods. you can play cops and robbers, super craft bros, and the hunger games. also there is adventure maps like epic jump map and so many more maps.
  91. Aug 12, 2013
    Minecraft is a fun sandbox game. This game has no purpose except to build in creative and to survive in survival mode. There are 2 bosses one called the Enderdragon, the other called the Wither Boss. the only thing you have to get over is the bad graphics. this game is very fun and I recommend you get it every update is free after you have bought the game. the gameg current price is 27.95$
  92. Aug 10, 2013
    minecraft SUCKS! no just kidding its a really well made game with the need to make whatever you whant but this really good but i need to start on the battleblock review so 10-10
  93. Jul 31, 2013
    Minecraft is not a game for everyone and all the hasty negative user reviews reflect that. To play this game you need to be a creative person or you will quickly become bored as it feels like there is nothing to do. If you are a creative person who does not follow the directions that came with Lego sets, you will spend countless hours perfecting your builds. The successful Minecraft players are the ones that can think for themselves, which is in short supply these days. Even if you are not a very creative person you might find the social aspect of servers, which open up the possibility to explore and help other people with their builds rewarding. The default graphics are nothing special, but the game does have built-in option to change textures. Expand
  94. Jul 28, 2013
    This game is awesome.You can do anything you want build anything you want a big house or a huge castle is just awesome.I know the graphics are lame but just play it.
  95. Jul 27, 2013
    When I first time saw game called Minecraft, I didn´t like it, NO, I hated it Blocks WTF But in 2012 I downloaded it, because my friends did not wanted to stfu about it. And it was amazing. It´s super fun, building anything you want, creative is super fun, same as survial mode.
    Only negative HUGE negative is price, 2011 game for 20 euro NO! 10-15 eur OK Not !
    Minecraft alone 7/10

Good game ,but there is TEKKIT, best mode in history, adding more and more sh*t into the game, For this I woould pay 20 euro !!
    Minecraft Tekkit 10/10
  96. Jul 23, 2013
    I have played this AFTER the iOS edition. Worth 20 bucks. The only annoying stuff is whenever I search "Portal", it'll show the portalgun mod for Minecraft. I have owned this game since 1.2.4, and 1.6.2 sucks. The new villager noises stink.

Pros: Gameplay, sounds, mods, resource packs, and redstone.

Cons: Villager sounds, ghast sounds, rain (rain is so laggy)
  97. Jul 21, 2013
    Minecraft is a totally objective free game, do whatever you want, explore, invent. This is a game in development so you are never going to ran out of content. Build huge castles, underwater bases, sky fortresses, an underground mine, almost infinite possibilities. Despite the bug this is a perfect game, very enjoyable with friends. It has a huge mod community. Very recommended game.
  98. Jul 20, 2013
    The game was so fun and exciting due to it's endless adventure and creativity. The Survival Mode-was one of the most players play in minecraft because of the goals to achieve and learn some survival skills. The Creative mode-you can build what ever you like and share your creativity to the rest of the world. The Adventure mode-typically the adventure you will need a map to start the adventure.

The developers provide texture packs so users can customize the texture of the land of minecraft .You can also play online in this game with your friends and the players around the world with the amazing servers.The servers have their own commands and codes for their mini games and other stuffs that you didn't seen on single player.The game also have wild enemies that spawned at night and kill you and destroy your house.The game is almost complete it's update.
  99. Jul 17, 2013
    this ma be one of the best games i ever-played mods creativity a key survival feature online mini games however i'm not ratting for this but their are allot of whana bees
  100. May 17, 2012
    After playing this game for two years now, there is still so much to be done. If ever you had a moment in your childhood (or adult life) when all you wanted to do was build some cool stuff with Lego - now you can do it forever on your laptop/PC, phone, or xbox360. This game presents endless hours of fun, and possibilities - and is easy and open enough for even the youngest of players - with no blood/graphic scenes to worry about. Truly a AAA game by an awesome team. For the price you pay - the value is out of the park (I'd put it above the Orange Box when they first came out). Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]