7.5

1. Dec 6, 2011
    Minecraft is a genre in its own and manages to make tedious gameplay fun and exciting with a cool original look. Also its free if you download it, don't make an account, and play in offline mode :P
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most addicting games EVER. I have not stopped playing this game since it came out in beta. with the new 1.0.0 update this game is better than ever with potion brewing and a new realm with a final dragon boss to fight. I have also bought this game for the Ipod, which works like creative mode. This game is one of the best I have ever played. 10/10 Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is brilliant at what it does. If you expect current gen graphics or are overly concerned with how the game looks, this is not for you. If you didn't play with legos or like you games with set goals that tell you what you need to do, this game is not for you. However, if you have a love of creating things and play game that is what you make of it, then minecraft is for you. ThisThis game is brilliant at what it does. If you expect current gen graphics or are overly concerned with how the game looks, this is not for you. If you didn't play with legos or like you games with set goals that tell you what you need to do, this game is not for you. However, if you have a love of creating things and play game that is what you make of it, then minecraft is for you. This is not a traditional game, it is a simplified 3d rendering program done in a game theme. While some may argue your time is better spent actually learning how to use the real programs, minecraft is simpler and cheaper. You literally have the freedom to create whatever your imagination can come up with using 1 meter cubed blocks. The game is simple in appearence, and wonderfully complex at the same time, its simply a matter of how play it. I myself have recreated the Temple of Artemis, a football stadium, an ancient city, Wayne manor....... I've seen people do Enterprises, AT-AT walkers, hell go to youtube and search minecraft, you'll see a near endless list of things people have done. And then there is the modding community that creates some wonderful modes that enhance the gameplay, like the planes mod for example. And while the game is really fun solo, it is even more amazing when playing with a group of friends, the stuff my friends and I have created is amazing and alot of fun to do. Remember the game is what you make of it, so have fun. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    Amazing. Only word that can describe this game to its fullest. Do you want free world and do-what-you-want style of gameplay? Do you want endless fun? Do you want quality spent time? This game is just what you might be searching for! When I first played it, I was not very impressed in any part. But after youtube-ing some videos and playing it for few hours, I got mildly addicted. Now, 1Amazing. Only word that can describe this game to its fullest. Do you want free world and do-what-you-want style of gameplay? Do you want endless fun? Do you want quality spent time? This game is just what you might be searching for! When I first played it, I was not very impressed in any part. But after youtube-ing some videos and playing it for few hours, I got mildly addicted. Now, 1 year later, I have spent more than 750 hours playing the game, and hell, it was well worth it. Buy it. Only thing that really needs to be said. Magnificent! Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    Mojang's "Minecraft" is the Electronic Age's LEGOs, there is simply no other way to state it. It heavily (yet subtly) encourages the less objectively-good things in humanity, such as beauty, creativity, and teamwork, all while maintaining the guise as a "survival adventure" game. In reality, Minecraft is less about crafting and more about creating; a simple 1x2 mud hut can keep you aliveMojang's "Minecraft" is the Electronic Age's LEGOs, there is simply no other way to state it. It heavily (yet subtly) encourages the less objectively-good things in humanity, such as beauty, creativity, and teamwork, all while maintaining the guise as a "survival adventure" game. In reality, Minecraft is less about crafting and more about creating; a simple 1x2 mud hut can keep you alive through the night, but no one builds that (except out of desperation!)...the players of this game build towering monstrosities of castles, Nordic keeps, 1-to-1 scale replicas of Star Trek ships and Hogwarts castle. Not because they MUST, but simply because they CAN. This is the game of our generation. Expand
  6. Nov 21, 2011
    I love Minecraft. It's a great game, and it's ensnared me for almost as much as some of The Elder Scrolls games. It's gotten me through boring calculus lectures and has inspired my Halloween costume. With Minecraft finally being "released", it's interesting when you look back at what it was like when you started. I am going to review this in three different sections: Single Player,I love Minecraft. It's a great game, and it's ensnared me for almost as much as some of The Elder Scrolls games. It's gotten me through boring calculus lectures and has inspired my Halloween costume. With Minecraft finally being "released", it's interesting when you look back at what it was like when you started. I am going to review this in three different sections: Single Player, Creative Mode, and Multiplayer.

Single Player:

I started in the early-middle Beta (around Beta 1.3). It was a fun game, building a house to protect yourself from the horrors at night, mining deep down in to the earth to find iron, gold, or, if I was lucky, diamond. I died quite a bit from experimentation (Hint: Don't dig straight down. That lava is nasty stuff.) but I always kept playing. It's addicting. Even now, it's still great. Since I started, they've added new mobs (for those that don't know, mob is short for mobile), new enemies, new blocks, and new concepts. Instead of only caves to explore, there are now strongholds, abandoned mine shafts and more. It's a blast to play, trying to discover that next cave to explore and mine. The experience system is rather shallow and pointless (enchanting weapons is the only current purpose for those damn green orbs) and I prefer the days of no food bar, where you could simply eat food and your health healed depending on what you ate.

I have a few minor gripes with the single player, but they are easily overlooked. SP is, in my opinion, the best part of Minecraft.

Creative Mode:

Think of this as your canvas to build whatever you want. You have unlimited access to all the blocks and you can build to your heart's content. A castle, a giant Mario, an underground dungeon...it's all up to you. This is a fun, albeit rather boring at times, mode. It is good to experiment with, however. Creative mode helped me finally refine all the redstone circuits (complicated electrical stuff) and has helped me tap in to my inner Minecraft engineer. It's a good mode, but not something that can be played constantly. Multiplayer:

Everyone's experiences with multiplayer depends on what server you play on. I ultimately found it to be kind of boring, no matter if I was on a strict survival server, an RPG server, or just with some of my friends. There is only so much to do in multiplayer and, if you are on a server that is inhabited by many different players, it is likely someone else has already mined that cave you found, or has griefed (destroyed) your house while you were offline. This is the only reason I really gave Minecraft a 9.

Overall, Minecraft is a great game that will take your life away. You'll be obsessed with finding diamonds, caves, or beating that dragon. You'll find yourself crossing oceans just to find a wolf to follow you around. It's a great game that everyone should play.
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft is a great game. Its not perfect, but a step in the right direction. everyone trolls about this game having bad graphics. It doesn't. Its a game of blocks. the textures are pixilated, but there's plenty of texture packs to fix this problem if your really worried about that sort of thing. the game plays well enough, tight controls and excellent crafting, but combat is veryMinecraft is a great game. Its not perfect, but a step in the right direction. everyone trolls about this game having bad graphics. It doesn't. Its a game of blocks. the textures are pixilated, but there's plenty of texture packs to fix this problem if your really worried about that sort of thing. the game plays well enough, tight controls and excellent crafting, but combat is very awkward. the main thing i actually have a problem with is the games bugs. there's a lot of them, and most are simply overlooked. but i cant say that these things have actually annoyed me that much. when your constantly basking in the game's beauty, you not worried about these things. you're thrust in this new world of mystery, you wake up, knowing nothing about the world around you, and you have to figure out whats going on. how to survive. once you do this, you'll be spend endless hours building in the infinite space that the game has. you'll know that the problems are there, but you wont care about them. you'll create your city, your empire. you'll find many ores and go to the nether, and once your done there, you discover the "End". and you'll realize the evil that this beautiful world has under its surface. and once you sit through the incredible and unique credits, you come back wanting more. Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2011
    I have been playing Minecraft from about the 1.5 Beta stage. At first it was quite boring, but as the game progresses, you uncover a world full of wonderful things. From the first time you find diamonds to finally creating a house made up of all the stuff you can successfully scrape together off the ground, it is an unusually addictive game. But what makes this complete is the community.I have been playing Minecraft from about the 1.5 Beta stage. At first it was quite boring, but as the game progresses, you uncover a world full of wonderful things. From the first time you find diamonds to finally creating a house made up of all the stuff you can successfully scrape together off the ground, it is an unusually addictive game. But what makes this complete is the community. From the amazing mods that improve the game so much, to the fan made maps and community on YouTube, this is one of the greatest games of all time, and with it expanding to the 360 early in the new year, I cannot wait to play it on both my PC and 360 with all of my friends and family, because of course, it is a family game. Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    Probably the best game ever made. There is a goal to the game, although it isn't obvious at first. Minecraft's weakest point would have to be the fact that it can get boring after a while. However, starting afresh usually helps.
  10. Nov 22, 2011
    I would give this game a solid 10/10 for starters the game itself has a solid gamplay which leans more toward a sandbox/RPG type game but thats good because it gives you freedom within the world to do as you please.Then on to the graphics sure there pixely but thats what defines this game as is and if you don't like the graphics you can just get a texture pack. Now onto its multiplayerI would give this game a solid 10/10 for starters the game itself has a solid gamplay which leans more toward a sandbox/RPG type game but thats good because it gives you freedom within the world to do as you please.Then on to the graphics sure there pixely but thats what defines this game as is and if you don't like the graphics you can just get a texture pack. Now onto its multiplayer mechanics it's multiplayer is well defined and makes a mark for itself just look at the immense servers sprawling with creations requiring tons of people. Lastly Minecraft isn't a game much more its a genre because now you have games popping up like Terraria, FortressCraft, and alot of other games. So it's well worth that $26.95 for admission to such a diverse game with endless possiblty and it has so many mods to content people who are getting bored of the vanilla gameplay. Expand
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft isn't a perfect game, but it is a great game. As some of the professional reviews have stated, it is a difficult game to sum up. It is a game that gives you a lot of freedom; you can build whatever you want out of (usually) cube-shaped items, fight a variety of monsters, craft potions and item enchantments, and/or explore a variety of randomly generated biomes, ruins, evenMinecraft isn't a perfect game, but it is a great game. As some of the professional reviews have stated, it is a difficult game to sum up. It is a game that gives you a lot of freedom; you can build whatever you want out of (usually) cube-shaped items, fight a variety of monsters, craft potions and item enchantments, and/or explore a variety of randomly generated biomes, ruins, even villages. Generally speaking, you can choose some of these activities and ignore others, or engage in all of them. The world technically has a limit, but it is so vast (eight times the surface area of Earth) you are extremely unlikely to ever hit the limit. Even if you did, you could simply generate a new world and start anew (without losing anything in your original save). There are currently two game modes: Creative and Survival. Creative gives you all of the materials and lets you freely build, while in Survival you have to worry about maintaining your health and manually collecting items. Regardless of mode, this is a game that is easy to find something to do, whether you only have a few minutes or a few hours. There is both single player and multiplayer available. If you are put off by the default graphics, there are many user-made texture packs available allowing you to choose a look you like. If you are looking for more features, there are also many mods available. Also, as of this writing, Mojang plans to continue releasing bug fixes and new content. It is also pretty friendly to lower-end computers compared to most high-profile games.

There are some notable shortcomings. There is no formal in game tutorial; you will probably want to get some help from other people or the Minecraft Wiki when trying Survival mode. Some features are only partially implemented at the moment; notably, the NPC villagers found in the villages cannot be interacted with currently. Multiplayer offers neither an in game server browser or matchmaker, meaning you will have to go through several steps you may not be used to to play with others. Modding isn't very user friendly either, and this is something that had been promised a long time ago. Mojang claims, however, that they still intend to address this. Even in the current release version (1.0.0), crashes are reasonably frequent for me; thankfully, the game does a good job of saving right before the crash and it is fairly painless to boot up the game again and re-enter the world. Perhaps the biggest criticism I have seen, however, is the absence of any formal goals. Some people have gotten bored of the game pretty quickly. Mojang has addressed this concern somewhat, but to get the most out of the game you will still need to set your own goals.

If you think you are at all interested in Minecraft, give Minecraft Classic a try. It is basically an outdated version of Creative mode you can play for free. It will give you some idea of what to expect. If you like it at all, I would encourage you to try the full game. I have enjoyed the game over much of the past year and I expect I will continue to enjoy it for some time to come.
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft is not a game. Minecraft is more of a creativity toy. Of course, with the recent addition of experience points and the hunger meter it's now steering towards the game portion. But still, Minecraft is and (hopefully) will always be about creating rather than surviving. Without a real in-game goal, the player is given free reign to whatever they want to do. They can sculpt a giantMinecraft is not a game. Minecraft is more of a creativity toy. Of course, with the recent addition of experience points and the hunger meter it's now steering towards the game portion. But still, Minecraft is and (hopefully) will always be about creating rather than surviving. Without a real in-game goal, the player is given free reign to whatever they want to do. They can sculpt a giant hand flipping the bird if they really want to, or create a scale model of the Enterprise. Or they can build a castle, a dungeon, a maze... Minecraft lets the player build almost anything they want.

Of course, a game without clear goals will bore some people and turn them off this game. The blocky graphics as well, while ideal (more or less) for a game of this kind, would probably turn some people away, especially with the ongoing "prettier is better" thought process that seems to be spreading in the industry. Minecraft is still fun though, and with some creativity can last you a very long time.
  13. Nov 22, 2011
    This is definetly worth a purchase, one of the best game I have played and I have played a fair bunch. Hard to get bored, I bought while it was still in Alpha mode and i still play it all the time.
  14. Nov 23, 2011
    I wandered through the woods, killed skeletons, spiders, zombies. I discovered deep canyons and high mountains. I dug deep into the soil to find ores of iron, gold and diamonds. I built a palace made of glass surrounded by waterfalls that keep the creepers away. I built a rollercoaster, a chicken farm, a musical gangway. On our server I can travel by cart to a Cathedral built a friend orI wandered through the woods, killed skeletons, spiders, zombies. I discovered deep canyons and high mountains. I dug deep into the soil to find ores of iron, gold and diamonds. I built a palace made of glass surrounded by waterfalls that keep the creepers away. I built a rollercoaster, a chicken farm, a musical gangway. On our server I can travel by cart to a Cathedral built a friend or to the depths of Moria built by another...

There are so many adventures, crafting recipies... possibilities!
    The music is so awesome and inspiring, I bought and d/l'd some C418 CDs so I can hear the music while I'm working. Minecraft is a phenomenon that I'm happy to be part of.
  15. Nov 23, 2011
    What to say the only game that I play ATM than its awesome. There are bugs but Mojang is fixing them and the bugs aren't like that you can't play the game properly, you can be creative than there are no limits in our creativity only our mind.
  16. Nov 23, 2011
    With the variety of play modes, Minecraft makes itself attractive to more than just one type of gamer. Not only can one choose between "Classic" or "Adventure mode, but when playing the latter, one can choose to focus on being either a miner, explorer or adventure seeker (or why not just a little of each).
    With the new update (leaving beta), a whole new world of possibilities has opened up letting the player even choose to completing the game by going after the end boss.
    The only thing I'd want to see in Minecraft is more use of experience and level points, and also a bigger variety to what one can craft. Like why can't I make pizza?! ;-) And i'm looking forward to more game modes like CTF or Adventure (where one doesn't build, but runs through a pre-made level).
  17. Nov 23, 2011
    At its core Minecraft is the ultimate game, simple yet elegant, and infinitely re-playable. From when i started playing while it was in alpha to now the best part is the multi-player being able to create literally whatever you want from things you find while exploring. Its infinite plain and simple like Lego when i was growing up this recreates a part of my life i desperately needed again
  18. Nov 23, 2011
    Minecraft is the most addicting game I've ever tried. I have been playing it since alpha, and i will continue to play for the next many years to come.
  19. Nov 23, 2011
    Truly an amazing game. You can put in hours upon hours and still have fresh gameplay. I totally recommend you on getting this amazing fantastic family friendly game that has no curse words at all!
  20. Feb 11, 2012
    A fun adventure/build/survival game. I played since fairly early Alpha stages before the game even had health, and on until mid beta stages. The openness - the level of customization in your creations only limited by the square shape of the game's blocks gives you an intriguing way to approach a landscape you can completely remove and mold to your liking. Want to build a town? Turn theA fun adventure/build/survival game. I played since fairly early Alpha stages before the game even had health, and on until mid beta stages. The openness - the level of customization in your creations only limited by the square shape of the game's blocks gives you an intriguing way to approach a landscape you can completely remove and mold to your liking. Want to build a town? Turn the world into a crater? A gauntlet of monsters? Farm chickens? Explore caves? All open options. I dumped many hours into this game. The only thing that keeps me from playing it now is the lack of stability in terms of servers being wiped, or updates requiring server wipes, corruption, etc. I wish I could still have all of my original creations and to have just continued to build on top of them. It's really disheartening losing out on old creations, but playing on the same server without ever needing a wipe/rebuild, the server going defunct because the person no longer wants to host it, massive game changes making it a near requirement to restart your server to be able to take advantage of the new content, and not being griefed in some capacity is pretty unlikely. It's a fun game, regardless. I just can't find myself playing it any more because I need 2 things - the ability to play with friends, and the ability to not have my creations thrown to the wind. But it seems you have to pick one or the other. If Notch can find a solution to this, I'll stick around. Perhaps a powerful map cut-and-paste type utility for you to transfer things from one server to another? A small file that can simply be opened and loaded into another server's map file, for example. That would be wonderful. Expand
  21. Nov 23, 2011
    Minecraft.I thought what the hell is this when i first heard that name.Minecraft is a game for people with an imagination,If you cant make fun out of it you cant really understand the game.Minecraft is an unlimited sandbox survival game with great controls, adequate content, And below Par graphics. First of all the controls are wonderful. The W A S D keys mouse and space bar work perfectMinecraft.I thought what the hell is this when i first heard that name.Minecraft is a game for people with an imagination,If you cant make fun out of it you cant really understand the game.Minecraft is an unlimited sandbox survival game with great controls, adequate content, And below Par graphics. First of all the controls are wonderful. The W A S D keys mouse and space bar work perfect for this kind of game. The content is unfinished, Even though the official release was passed the game is still in need of quite a few updates, Which Markus Persson (Founder) has said are coming. The graphics are great for this style of game BUT there are quite a few lightning glitches and invisible block glitches that come with the game. This is why i am giving the game an 8, Its still not done! and i do think the game can be improved a lot.But even though Minecraft is a great game, Any undecided gamer should definitely buy it. Expand
  22. Nov 24, 2011
    An amazing game and technical achievement that is sure to inspire the industry for years to come. There is an impressive amount of things you can do in Minecraft yet there are times where you can get bored of building something and have nothing else to do. I want to give it 10 but the lack of alternative challenges makes me quit the game all too often out of boredom.

It is really a game

It is really a game that get better the more people you are playing with as when team work and cooperation are involved it adds a lot to the gameplay.
  23. Nov 24, 2011
    Simply, in my opinion, the best PC game ever. Endless possibilities and all it asks for is your creativity! (And time, lots and ltos of time!) Everytime there is a new patch there is loads lore featues and things to discover! Just an excellent gaming experience!
  24. Nov 24, 2011
    MineCraft is truly a great game, it has something for almost any age group. With the addition of creative mode, MineCraft has opened up to all those players who just want to build (like Garry's Mod). MineCraft can be modified and is a large COMMUNITY game which I think give it a huge thumbs up.
  25. Nov 24, 2011
    Minecraft is an amazing Sandbox-Game. You need to play it and get into it, in order to understand it. If you think this Game is silly, ugly, or old, you probably haven't tried it yet.
  26. Nov 24, 2011
    Very fun game, start in a world with nothing and build it into your own.
    Fight, play or build. Learn new skills and improve your red stone circuits to make some awesome things.

A****
  27. Nov 24, 2011
    I bought Minecraft in alpha, and it has been one of the few games i have hatched on like a slug

I started out in singleplayer, and as a lot of other people say, it gets boring after a while.

THAT is where Multiplayer comes in. I joined Super-Earth, and ever since, the game has delivered more entertainment than you could get for a 1000$
  28. Nov 24, 2011
    An amazing game. I haven't seen another game do anything like it (before this was released). There is an infinite amount of things you can do. A randomly generated world, with caverns, mines, towns, mountain ranges, swamps, you name it. It has many different modes but my favorite is survival. Cook food, hunt, build shelter, etc. My friend and I built a giant tower, a stone keep, a trainAn amazing game. I haven't seen another game do anything like it (before this was released). There is an infinite amount of things you can do. A randomly generated world, with caverns, mines, towns, mountain ranges, swamps, you name it. It has many different modes but my favorite is survival. Cook food, hunt, build shelter, etc. My friend and I built a giant tower, a stone keep, a train station, and much more. Build whatever you want, go cave exploring to find materials. Whatever you want to do, you can do. You'll never be bored. Expand
  29. Nov 25, 2011
    Amazing game. In fact the first one I bought since the 80:s, and the only one I still play after about a year buying it. The possibilites in the game makes every new world unique, and the Hardcore-mode makes dying very less desirable.
  30. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft have it's flaws.The total lack of a tutorial and a better guidance for the player certainly can put some gamers lost in the vast world before them. However, what we have here is the birth of a new game genre which inspired other game developers to create similar games (the most famous is Terraria). Despite the blocky and pixelated graphics (or better saying: Voxels) Minecraft isMinecraft have it's flaws.The total lack of a tutorial and a better guidance for the player certainly can put some gamers lost in the vast world before them. However, what we have here is the birth of a new game genre which inspired other game developers to create similar games (the most famous is Terraria). Despite the blocky and pixelated graphics (or better saying: Voxels) Minecraft is another proof you don't need a PS3 or DX11 graphics to make a game good and entertaining. Sure, sometimes you get lost and bored when you don't know what to do, but as long you have a goal to do in this game it'll never get boring. Be building (or reforming) a home, crafting new items, spelunking the caves searching for rare minerals, wandering in the vast world or just creating or recreating a mansion or whatever you want to do in the Creative Mode.

Also despite the blocky graphics, Minecraft CAN scare you. Specially when you're venturing in the mines. Nothing more scaring than digging for minerals in a mine when suddenly you hear a "sssss" right behind you before you're victim of a explosion (and dies) or when you turn around a dark corner just to see a big and furry spider lunging at your face.

In the end, Minecraft is a game for creative and intelligent gamers who can see what lies behind a world made of blocked and "ugly" grafics. In my most honest opinion, if this game don't deserves a 10. Then no other game deserves it.
  31. Nov 26, 2011
    This game is very cool. Some people say the graphics sucks, but I think that's one of the special things, which makes minecraft so interesting. Only thing I hate is the missing mod-support.
  32. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft is amazing. Too many people are rating Minecraft Alpha version or Beta version. But Minecraft is now in 1.0.0. And now, it's even better. Do what you want. REALLY what you want. Not like other games.
  33. Nov 30, 2011
    Bought the game during its development when the offer was play now and get the full game on release, at the time the building was quite amusing but that was as far as any fun went, the combat and actual gameplay elements other than the building were reminiscent of some very early 8-bit games and poorly implemented. I stuck with the game a while as these elements were said to be improvingBought the game during its development when the offer was play now and get the full game on release, at the time the building was quite amusing but that was as far as any fun went, the combat and actual gameplay elements other than the building were reminiscent of some very early 8-bit games and poorly implemented. I stuck with the game a while as these elements were said to be improving as the game neared release. Roll on to a few versions near before release and still the gameplay was primitive but some new features had crept in and the final version started to sound like it had promise from what was being told, I started to gain more interest in the game again which I had left alone for months. A few weeks back and the final 1.0 is announced so I try to log into minecraft (bear in mind the login name still persists in its entry box of both my windows PC and linux notebook so I know they are correct and I have the details written down and kept somewhere safe) and I get an error message - login failed. I have since tried to get the game to work again - lost password, lost account, hack request, etc have no effect on the main site and it looks like my account has vanished, my emails to mojang go unanswered for weeks, I even tried an attempt to tweet the developer but no answer. Sorry but I cannot rate a game higher than 0 that is not playable in any shape or form, and for them to lose/wipe my account details after having paid is shocking and it looks like it will go unresolved. If you pay for the game I hope you dont have this happen to you, but I know for one I wont being giving mojang any more of my cash. Expand
  34. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft is an amazing game which has become huge over the last 2 years. It's massive user base and support from it's community. The only thing I will say is that the game is not made for single player and without plugins it is very standard to be called anything more than a 'lego-ripoff' As a game it is a very original idea, as a concept it's essentially lego put from real life into theMinecraft is an amazing game which has become huge over the last 2 years. It's massive user base and support from it's community. The only thing I will say is that the game is not made for single player and without plugins it is very standard to be called anything more than a 'lego-ripoff' As a game it is a very original idea, as a concept it's essentially lego put from real life into the computer. It's worth the money though and I recommend it to ANYONE and EVERYONE. My kid sister is 6 and loves the game, I'm almost 19 and love it, and my father is almost 60 and loved it. Expand
  35. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft is an amazing game, for all of you whining about how it barely has anything in it and has bad graphics, shut up and play something that has "good graphics", and for all of you saying how it barely has anything in the final release, it still has upcoming updates, this is just going out of the beta stage. I've been playing since alpha and have never lost interest do to graphics orMinecraft is an amazing game, for all of you whining about how it barely has anything in it and has bad graphics, shut up and play something that has "good graphics", and for all of you saying how it barely has anything in the final release, it still has upcoming updates, this is just going out of the beta stage. I've been playing since alpha and have never lost interest do to graphics or how it doesn't have any of the promised features yet, it takes time to code a game, and if you get bored of the vanilla game, the community has tons of modders and the forums have a mod section full of great mods. Get bored of singleplayer with mods? Try multiplayer, and if that doesn't interest you enough, TRY MULTIPLAYER WITH MODS! I hope this review gets through to all of you. Expand
  36. Nov 26, 2011
    Minecraft is one of those revolutionary titles. Starting with a blank page to build your world is great. Graphics are not the best. there texture packs to help ease the eyesight. Multiplayer is sorta unfinished and i could use some work. The Game kinda changed from survival to RPG with element such as enchanting and leveling up. All in all this is one of the best indie games of all time.Minecraft is one of those revolutionary titles. Starting with a blank page to build your world is great. Graphics are not the best. there texture packs to help ease the eyesight. Multiplayer is sorta unfinished and i could use some work. The Game kinda changed from survival to RPG with element such as enchanting and leveling up. All in all this is one of the best indie games of all time. Well it was an in game. Expand
  37. Nov 27, 2011
    I got minecraft in the early beta days, and up to now it remains to me addictive and entertaining. The pric e of the game is excellent for the amount of hours of gameplay you get from it. Even if you get bored of the vanilla game, there is a enormous modding community that will satisfy all your wants.

Survival and creation are the two main aspects of minecraft. In survival mode you gather resources and shelter your self from the evil of the night, monsters such as creepers, skeletons and zombies will ambush you throughout the game and you will need weaponry, defence and protection to fight back the threat. With enough resources, you can make anything you can imagine, following a isometric system that doesn't fail to dissapoint.

Creative mode is more of an extra feature, allowing you to build whatever you can think of. it doesn't give the ammount of satisfaction that survival gives, but is a great passtime and great for displaying creations to your friends and the community.

Dimensions in both modes add more depth to the game. The nether is a hellish hostile world with special resources necessary for projects such as glowstone, blaze rods and netherrack. The end ( also known as the Ender) is... well let me not ruin that for you ;)

Multiplayer is even better. it takes a while to get it running, and with bad connection servers can be quite laggy but playing with a friend is a new experience on itself.

The only issue i really have with minecraft is that i feel as if notch is making it feel a bit too constrained. In alpha and early beta, nothing really mattered and you just were there, but now it makes me feel as if i'm forced to follow a set amount of goals every time i start up a new world.

Still, minecraft doesn't fail to dissapoint me and millions of others. Minecraft is more than just a game. Its an experience and nothing is more satisfying than setting yourself a goal and achieving it.

I give minecraft a 9 for

+1 a lot of items and collectivity
    +1 ton's of replayability
    +1 Great bang for your buck
    +1 Redstone
    - 1 for feeling a bit forced to do things now.
  38. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is a great example of how a game does not have to be complicated and with fancy graphics to be good. The game is very fun in creative, survival and in multiplayer. The only down side about this game would be that, on vanilla, this game can become rather boring. But Minecraft created a great community that started to create wonderful mods, texture packs, custom maps, adventureThis game is a great example of how a game does not have to be complicated and with fancy graphics to be good. The game is very fun in creative, survival and in multiplayer. The only down side about this game would be that, on vanilla, this game can become rather boring. But Minecraft created a great community that started to create wonderful mods, texture packs, custom maps, adventure maps and more. Making Minecraft a game you can play for years. Expand
  39. Nov 27, 2011
    I love this game! Its a great block based game that allows the player to build up his world and survive. Or cheat you way threw it. Which is fun to!!!!
  40. Nov 28, 2011
    I really, really love this game. It is without any doubt the best game I ever played. It gives you so much freedom to do whatever you want to do. Do you want to blow up the world? Go ahead!
    Do you want to make a huge castle? No problemo.
    Do you want to fight monsters? Sure thing!
  41. Nov 28, 2011
    MineCraft is my favourite PC game of all time. It out plays elder-scrolls, diablo, fallout and all others. you can play Minecraft forever and never get bored. MineCraft will be one of those games that people will play in the decades to come.
  42. Nov 28, 2011
    OK. I'm going to give this wonderful game a 10 which it truly deserves. The critic reviews are all great, but as usual the user reviews don't exactly know what they are reviewing, so let me get this straight, Minecraft is supposed to have simple graphics and if you don't like them, get a texture pack! Great glad i got that over with. Minecraft is a simple, yet exciting game. You can buildOK. I'm going to give this wonderful game a 10 which it truly deserves. The critic reviews are all great, but as usual the user reviews don't exactly know what they are reviewing, so let me get this straight, Minecraft is supposed to have simple graphics and if you don't like them, get a texture pack! Great glad i got that over with. Minecraft is a simple, yet exciting game. You can build in a unlimited world, you just need your imagination. One thing people forget is that this game is not over with, they will keep updating it every week and add mod support which will be great, so to those people out there giving this game a terrible review just because "game play is repetitive" there are updates so don't give this wonderful unique game a 0 because of that. I respect mojang and people really seem to forget they are indie developers, I'm grateful notch keeps up with the community which most developers don't do. And one of the greatest things about this game is that there really is no goal, yeah now there is the end, but still use your imagination. I love the graphics of this game, funny how people call it 70s like graphics i wouldn't like the game if it had a more real approach to it. This is the most unique game i have ever played, hope you love it like mostly every one does! P.S. this is from someone who actually PLAYED the game. ;D Expand
  43. Nov 29, 2011
    no game has unleashed the creativity of it's players like Minecraft has, the amount of things you could build is endless and when you add multiplayer into the mix building with friends has never been so fun. Top Notch game.
  44. Dec 1, 2011
    I love this game, on its own its not a 10/10 but when you add in the great community and user made content this is about the best game you can get for 30 bucks. My advice, buy it, unless your like 10 yearrs old 30 bucks wont be a huge dent in your wallet and you most likely won't regret it unless your creativity is a bit lacking.
  45. Dec 3, 2011
    Minecraft is a sandbox game. You're the creator of your own amusement. Entering a new world without ambitions will leave you bored in about 5 minutes. You decide what you want to do and you decide how long you want to do it.

This game is incredible in my opinion. But it would be nothing without the community. Some of the mods you can get for this game is absolutely incredible and with a combination of let's say 10 mods you can spend hundereds of hours in one world exploring, constructing, building, mining and developing. It's like being ten years again building your Lego. Without inspiration or imagination you won't get far.

There's still room for huge improvements such as easier installations of mods and genrally implementing alot of stuff from the mods themselves in the vanilla game.

I am giving this game a rating 10/10 because of it's value with modding. As I said without the mods this game is not half as interesting. So to all the mod developers out there, I aplaud you. And Notch, start buying peoples creations. In my opinion the most valuable mods so far is "Buildcraft" and "Industrial Craft".
  46. Dec 2, 2011
    Minecraft is the most diverse game I have ever played, it allows you to be creative! People who take Minecraft down are the people who saw the textures and said "no". Even in textures you are free to do anything. From pigs to the hideous creepers and ghasts. And from dirt to obsidian. Minecraft is a game that can not bore you; as soon as you get bored, you just add a new mod or two and youMinecraft is the most diverse game I have ever played, it allows you to be creative! People who take Minecraft down are the people who saw the textures and said "no". Even in textures you are free to do anything. From pigs to the hideous creepers and ghasts. And from dirt to obsidian. Minecraft is a game that can not bore you; as soon as you get bored, you just add a new mod or two and you will see an entirely new side of the game.

To make a long story short: of all great games out there, Minecraft has the best price-quality ratio. Buy it today!
  47. Dec 3, 2011
    2nd On My Top 3 List Awesome Always New Updates Hold Up I Need My Creeper Cap *Puts On Hat* Anyway This Is Such Worth The Money You Can Build Survive Craft Sprint Dragons Potions The End The Nether Creeper Notch Heorbrine And Much More Buy It Now
  48. Dec 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OK!So we're here to talk that overrated game: MINE CRAFT...
    The game is not bad but its not good either, people call some MINE CRAFT sh*t "art".How is that possible?
    Jesus Christ if that's art Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci is what?God made?
    The game is not boring,the music is normal and HELL! For an online game the players aren't like call of duty players, yes the game has no 12, 13 year old morons calling you noob or other things (well there's got to be but its rare...)
    So yeah for now the game is a 5/10..What can save or kill this game for me?
    the game play saves it...Like I said earlier in the review the game is not boring because of its gameplay,but remember i don't like building many things, just destroying and going to dungeon server looking for this.
    So i'll give the game a 8/10.
  49. Dec 4, 2011
    Minecraft is not merely a game, it is a tool for which modern audiences can express their creativity with as little effort as possible. The creator of the game, Notch, has taken a huge idea and compressed it into the limits of Java. There are 2 general ways to play Minecraft; survival, and creative. Survival focuses on building a shelter, crafting tools, killing enemies and mostMinecraft is not merely a game, it is a tool for which modern audiences can express their creativity with as little effort as possible. The creator of the game, Notch, has taken a huge idea and compressed it into the limits of Java. There are 2 general ways to play Minecraft; survival, and creative. Survival focuses on building a shelter, crafting tools, killing enemies and most importantly staying alive. Creative focuses on building, whether it be making a huge castle or an 8 bit computer or giant pixel art, creative Minecraft lets your dreams become reality block by block. Possibilities are endless, I love this game! Expand
  50. Dec 4, 2011
    Throw out the clearly biased low scores who have some sort of hatred against the deveolpers (judging by reading the reviews), and the high ones. You get a score around 7. I say it is an 8. Is it worth the full price tag of around $28.00? Probably not. I bought it while indev, and I still think that was a bit steep for the game. But it's an oddly fascinating game. Created from independentThrow out the clearly biased low scores who have some sort of hatred against the deveolpers (judging by reading the reviews), and the high ones. You get a score around 7. I say it is an 8. Is it worth the full price tag of around $28.00? Probably not. I bought it while indev, and I still think that was a bit steep for the game. But it's an oddly fascinating game. Created from independent developers...complaining about the development time and graphics....well what do you expect? Mojang and Notch hit above their weight with this game. The purpose was for the community to create something out of it. That purpose has been fulfilled. Just look at the mods out there. Don't hate on the developers, they achived what they set out to do. Expand
  51. Dec 5, 2011
    To everyhone who wants Minecraft, or hating on it:
    To everyhone who wants Minecraft, or hating on it:
    Firstly, to all of you reviewers giving Minecraft reds, you do not understand the game and the 'complete' side of things. I have played minecraft since the first release of alpha, and have loved it all the way. The graphics that some people call s*** make the spirit of the game, and actually make it better. Without these graphics, Minecraft would not have its charm and would not be Minecraft. The building side of MInecraft is amazing, being able to construct everything you dream of. Survival mode pits you against monsters that come out at night, and all in all is REALLY FUN.

The developers are not lazy, as many have said. They work there butts of every day to make new content and add what fans want, constantly making the game more fun and exciting. Multiplayer is extremely fun, espacially with bukkit and plugins adding factions, npcs, and other great things to MInecraft. The reason why this game is so popular is that you can do anything you want, as the Yogscast have shown us, even make a gigantic sprawling story with twists and turns!

Graphics - 10/10 (Without them Minecraft would not be Minecraft, and it would not be good)
    Gameplay - 10/10 (Very fun and keeps yoy coming back and thinking about it throughout your day)
    Story - 10/10 (You make your own story, and can do anything you want on your own or with friends)

Extra:
    Singleplayer - 9/10 (Very very good, but can get boring after 250 hours of play)
    Multiplayer 10+/10 (Best multiplayer experience I have ever player, and I have played A LOT!)
  52. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is perfect in every aspect. Awesome gameplay, Nice, clean 8-bit textures and lots of lolz and fun if you have friends to play with. I'm so addicted to Minecraft. It's the perfect game if you want to test your creativity. You can build anything you want in it, from the smallest house to the biggest epic fortress and if you are playing multiplayer, priceless fun.
  53. Dec 5, 2011
    Shut up about the grapics. this game is so good that it completely doesnt matter. its that fun. addicting, charming, exciting, AMAZING modders and so many add ons made by fans that there is are uncountable ways to play it. whether it be custom maps, adding new goals to the game, mods, adding awesome possibilities and heights to the fun, servers where you can survive with friends or live inShut up about the grapics. this game is so good that it completely doesnt matter. its that fun. addicting, charming, exciting, AMAZING modders and so many add ons made by fans that there is are uncountable ways to play it. whether it be custom maps, adding new goals to the game, mods, adding awesome possibilities and heights to the fun, servers where you can survive with friends or live in a minecraft multiplayer universe, or even texture packs changing the atmosphere of the game in a way you wouldnt expect. without the pixal like graphics, almost none of this could be seriously done. take skyrim mods for example. skyrim is awesome but mod for that compared to minecraft are very far behind. why? graphics and difficuly modability. and mojang has been working day and night to get you all the new updates for Gods sake. LOOK AT THE ENDER DRAGON! it looks awesome. the game is addicting and an awesome game, especially for an indie game. Expand
  54. Dec 5, 2011
    I probably enjoyed this game so much because I always liked making my own maps in other games, like Age of Empires. When I started hearing about a game where you could build anything, from a small cabin to a gigantic castle in hell, I immediately wanted it.You have to admit, Minecraft is not just a game any more; it is also a genre. Sandbox games have risen in popularity due to theirI probably enjoyed this game so much because I always liked making my own maps in other games, like Age of Empires. When I started hearing about a game where you could build anything, from a small cabin to a gigantic castle in hell, I immediately wanted it.You have to admit, Minecraft is not just a game any more; it is also a genre. Sandbox games have risen in popularity due to their open-ended nature. I have played at least 100 hours on Minecraft over 10 months. I love sandbox gameplay in general: build what you want, do what you want, it is your world to make. Minecraft revolutionized the genre and caused a host of games inspired by or copies of it due to its simple, yet addictive gameplay. I personally want to say I like building, but I always end up killing all enemies within 1000 blocks of my house. My only problem with Minecraft is that its combat system is too simple. While simplicity is one of the major positives of the game, I found combat lacking. Make a sword and that's it; easy enemies to fight. This is why I prefer Terraria, another great sandbox game people have mistaken;y called 2-d Minecraft. This one problem aside, Minecraft has to be one of my favorite games of all time, providing endless hours of gameplay (quite literally), nostalgic graphic style and the ability to craft your own world. Minecraft has taken the world by surprise, selling millions of copies with absolutely no real advertising. If you are on the fence on whether to buy this game, buy it. It is worth every penny. Expand
  55. Dec 17, 2011
    Minecraft rocks. it has bad graphics but is still a good , it gives lots of fun and entertains me for a long time. it actually has a point, unlike most games. hopefully the paid version will be even better
  56. Dec 6, 2011
    **** Awesome game and a success for Indie game developers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  57. Dec 6, 2011
    Minecraft is what you make of it. If you enjoy building, exploring and trying creative/interesting things out, then you will fully enjoy this game. Simplistic game play. But it's one of those easy to learn, difficult to master type of games.
  58. Dec 7, 2011
    the best game ever! thats it. i have been playing this for around a year or two, and it is my favorite (currently) game! notch is my awesome idol, i got to meet him at minecon, thus game is amazing. everyone should have this game
  59. Dec 7, 2011
    Although not high on graphics, this game offers a pleasing aesthetics that contributes to the theme of simplicity and tranquility of the game. Although it is a rather old genre, this title breathes new life into the sandbox genre, adding the element of adventure. Furthermore, the ability to apply mods and texture packs are a delight to any gamer. Utilizing the two main elements ofAlthough not high on graphics, this game offers a pleasing aesthetics that contributes to the theme of simplicity and tranquility of the game. Although it is a rather old genre, this title breathes new life into the sandbox genre, adding the element of adventure. Furthermore, the ability to apply mods and texture packs are a delight to any gamer. Utilizing the two main elements of "mining" and "crafting", Minecraft is a unique and suits all types of players: builders, explorers, or even a hybrid of the two. Expand
  60. Dec 8, 2011
    Minecraft is an amazing game playing solo and is very enjoyable as of the full release. It even has a sort of way to "beat" the game in a way by collecting items and defeating a ender-dragon. But where Minecraft really shines is in it's multiplayer. Despite its graphics, and code work, and indie roots. It's multiplayer is something I could keep coming back to. The community is what reallyMinecraft is an amazing game playing solo and is very enjoyable as of the full release. It even has a sort of way to "beat" the game in a way by collecting items and defeating a ender-dragon. But where Minecraft really shines is in it's multiplayer. Despite its graphics, and code work, and indie roots. It's multiplayer is something I could keep coming back to. The community is what really makes this game more than a score of 6. Find a great server to play on and start enjoying the endless possibilities. Be the Founder of a city, become mayor, organize hunting parties, dungeon clearings; your imagination and the social structure of your server is the limit. If you have not jumped on this bandwagon you need to get on it now while its still fresh and new Expand
  61. Dec 10, 2011
    This game has provided me with hours of fun with my friends and by my self. Its normal game play is fun, and with the use of red stone, one can achieve awesome computers and calculator.
  62. Dec 12, 2011
    This game is what you make of it, creativity is fully utilized. I personally love this game and had since the alpha. While others may get bored of just building- it's not just building, it's so much more! Endless fun and creation. It may get boring if you don't have the right imagination or maybe it just isn't 'action packed' enough for you, and if that's the case, go on survival mode, pitThis game is what you make of it, creativity is fully utilized. I personally love this game and had since the alpha. While others may get bored of just building- it's not just building, it's so much more! Endless fun and creation. It may get boring if you don't have the right imagination or maybe it just isn't 'action packed' enough for you, and if that's the case, go on survival mode, pit it up to the highest difficulty, and enjoy surviving the hordes of enemies! I would of given it a solid 10/10 of it wasn't for the bugs and glitches that come up every so often, but it is definitely worth playing! I have had hours of fun already on minecraft and plan to have may more. That is my review for minecraft, and I'm going to go play it again now. Expand
  63. Dec 13, 2011
    This game is the best game for computer it is awesome !!!!!! I play it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is totallty worth playing!!!!!!
  64. Dec 13, 2011
    Minecraft is literally the epitome of video games. This game is in my top 3 favorite games of all time. So simple and yet so elegant in its gameplay that it keeps you hooked for hours on end. With the massive community development of mods for this game, it looks like we will be playing Minecraft for a long time to come.
  65. Dec 14, 2011
    At first, while looking at the screenshots, you may think : "What is this pixelated and blocky piece of crap! How can people POSSIBLY like this game!?". That was my first reaction to this game. But once you do decide to give it a go, you'll find it's much more than a pixelated game.

Minecraft is a sandbox game. There are no scripted objectives, no "go there and get me this and that". There are many RPG elements such as armour, enchanting, and potions, as well as the old hotbar. There's also the survival element (if you choose to play survival mode). But minecraft is more about doing it your way. You can choose any playstyle, not constrained by pesky quests or classes or objectives. There are no restrictions. You can feel free to do whatever you want. Want to make a giant LolCat picture? Sure, go ahead. Even open world games like Skyrim can't give you this amount of freedom. It's even better when playing with friends, building giant structures together. If building isn't your thing, you can go exploring for dungeons or monster hunting.

And of course, the modding and mapping community is basically what makes Minecraft one of the greatest games of all time. There are countless mods for almost anything you can think of. From advanced machines to cool magic and wizadry mods, mods make Minecraft have a limitless amount of replayability. Not the mention the plethora of custom maps and adventures that are like playing an RPG.
  66. Dec 16, 2011
    This game is very refreshing. You won't like it if you're just a run and gun, action gamer. You'll probably still like it, hours of gameplay in it. endless possibilities
  67. Dec 16, 2011
    Personally, it really annoys me that people rate and hate games due to their graphics, even if a main feature of the game is the aesthetics which are only made possibly by the graphics. One such game is Minecraft, and I'll tell you it's had me addicted from the beginning. The creativity it inspires in me genuinely shocks me sometimes, and I've been known to spend hours at a time making aPersonally, it really annoys me that people rate and hate games due to their graphics, even if a main feature of the game is the aesthetics which are only made possibly by the graphics. One such game is Minecraft, and I'll tell you it's had me addicted from the beginning. The creativity it inspires in me genuinely shocks me sometimes, and I've been known to spend hours at a time making a roller coaster, or a palace, or a city! The game has (as far as I'm concerned) infinite replay-ability, due to the very nature of the game. And I've seen people complaining that 'it has no story'. That's the whole point, everything is left for the player to imagine, including the origins of the world you just created if you so wish. This is not COD, this is not an action filled, heavily scripted, game where you can almost guess that somethings about to explode in your face. This is, along with a few other games, nearly completely unscripted. As for the ending, it is there not to explain the world you made and how it came to be, but to thank the modding community for all the support they have shown for the game. However, i have to say that the final release was almost rushed out, simply because people were growing impatient and wanted it right here, right now. The fact that some people would complain that Notch is ignoring the bugs is ridiculous, he originally wanted to completely iron out all the bugs, but the fanbase said he could do that over the next few updates. And Minecraft is still updating, it can only get, while there are a few things left to be desired, better. Expand
  68. Dec 16, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games made in the history of mankind. You wont see a game with this feeling in atleast ten years. The ability of being able to rule your own way of doing things is magical. Sure the latest updates are pretty bad, but the game for itself is amazing. He did a great job with the game. For a one-man project its really something. The new Mojang team have been helpingThis is one of the greatest games made in the history of mankind. You wont see a game with this feeling in atleast ten years. The ability of being able to rule your own way of doing things is magical. Sure the latest updates are pretty bad, but the game for itself is amazing. He did a great job with the game. For a one-man project its really something. The new Mojang team have been helping Notch with the game yes, but Notch managed the game all for himself for a whole year. I give this game a 10/10. Expand
  69. Jan 8, 2012
    Awesome game, it don't matters the graphics because that's the idea. A game which has no limits except your imagination. This awesome game deserves an awesome score. 10/10
  70. Dec 20, 2011
    The game does crafting great. Combat is very lack luster. It's the ultimate sandbox style game. If you want 30 meter tall statues littering the landscape, you can make them. Wants rivers mixing with lava runs, you can make that happen. Child safe game, especially if you set it to "peaceful."
  71. Dec 21, 2011
    Minecraft is a very original game, which is very easy to learn but still has alot of depth when it comes to building. After playing it for a few hours however, you start to wonder why you should build anything. There is no real goal, and in singleplayer is gets boring very quickly. Instead of building useless world in minecraft you could just aswell build a real map for some game (TF2 forMinecraft is a very original game, which is very easy to learn but still has alot of depth when it comes to building. After playing it for a few hours however, you start to wonder why you should build anything. There is no real goal, and in singleplayer is gets boring very quickly. Instead of building useless world in minecraft you could just aswell build a real map for some game (TF2 for example) and upload it. When it comes to multiplayer minecraft becomes much better since you constantly show your progress to others, but it still feels as a major waste of time. Expand
  72. Dec 21, 2011
    I made a few hundred dollars with a friend of mine by setting up a server, soliciting donations, and shutting it down a few months later. Minecraft is an A++ title for Ponzi schemes, as thousands of children will whip out their parent's credit cards on PayPal to get Admin privileges on your server, allowing you to rinse and repeat. Now my friend's FTP server has 8 terabytes of hard driveI made a few hundred dollars with a friend of mine by setting up a server, soliciting donations, and shutting it down a few months later. Minecraft is an A++ title for Ponzi schemes, as thousands of children will whip out their parent's credit cards on PayPal to get Admin privileges on your server, allowing you to rinse and repeat. Now my friend's FTP server has 8 terabytes of hard drive space. Thank you, Minecraft users! Expand
  73. Jul 21, 2014
    Minecraft is a great sandbox survival game in single player mode and one of the best multiplayer experiences ever which can be modded to enhance its greatness enough said, buy it now
  74. Dec 22, 2011
    MInecraft is one of the best sandbox games since Garrysmod and seems even more entertaining because of the shear experiences in Minecraft.But after a long time it does feel boring but its play-ability comes back when you get mods
  75. Dec 23, 2011
    Amazing game, had it since alpha and I still cannot get enough, best of its kind. Notch has done a great job with this game I hope him and Mojang keep bringing out the updates :)
  76. Dec 23, 2011
    MineCraft is really awesome game . You can sit all the day and play it . After few maps on singleplayer you will move to Multiplayer and after around few months you will get bored again . Then you will download some mod and you will be addicted again . minecraft is ultra fun game
  77. Dec 25, 2011
    how could you hate a game that lets you do whatever you want there is no downside if you dont like something mods are easy as pie and ill bet most haters dont play on a server with friends cause thats where the real fun is
  78. Dec 27, 2011
    I bought the game a few months back and really got into it. I was playing single player and the wide range of things you can do in the game is only limited to your imagination. Granted, the graphics are not that good, but with MODS, you can really visually play the game the way you like. After days of playing, I started to get bored, maybe that's just me. I tried a server, which you canI bought the game a few months back and really got into it. I was playing single player and the wide range of things you can do in the game is only limited to your imagination. Granted, the graphics are not that good, but with MODS, you can really visually play the game the way you like. After days of playing, I started to get bored, maybe that's just me. I tried a server, which you can play with other people, but it still was pretty much void of players. I think if you had a friend to play with, the game would be more interesting.

It is a great game for the creative mind type people, but lacks the social aspect of some other games out there.
    Overall, I would highly recommend this game to anyone who likes to create and has an artistic mind. It is allot of fun and should be a game to have in your library.
  79. Dec 26, 2011
    Bugs, content which could have been made in a different way, lower FPS as the game has developed and no real change between BETA and official release, but why care? Spending a first night stuck in a cave in the dark, wondering what that green depressing creature is outside is probably one the best experiences you can get from any game. After a mad dash to find shelter in the first day,Bugs, content which could have been made in a different way, lower FPS as the game has developed and no real change between BETA and official release, but why care? Spending a first night stuck in a cave in the dark, wondering what that green depressing creature is outside is probably one the best experiences you can get from any game. After a mad dash to find shelter in the first day, ignoring everything, you come out into the daylight and well, it's beautiful. The landscapes are randomly generated and sometimes very odd, but look as if they have been hand crafted, the animals just tempt killing sprees and who doesn't like punching a tree?
    Minecraft may not be perfect for everyone, but it has potential and ongoing development is sure to give us a few hidden suprises.
  80. Dec 27, 2011
    This game is for those that enjoy creating. If you do not like creating, you will instantly be turned away. Now, this game, as many have already pointed out, the graphics are not that great, but what you must understand is that the game was not built to host amazing graphics, and that it is an indie game. The game isn't an AAA game, and if you can't rap your head around the fact it doesn'tThis game is for those that enjoy creating. If you do not like creating, you will instantly be turned away. Now, this game, as many have already pointed out, the graphics are not that great, but what you must understand is that the game was not built to host amazing graphics, and that it is an indie game. The game isn't an AAA game, and if you can't rap your head around the fact it doesn't have good graphics, and you can't play it because of that, then so be it. You get used to the games graphics, and then eventually love it, and its uniqueness. This game is hands-down amazing. I started playing when it was Alpha, and it didn't even have multiplayer at the time. Back then, it was so much fun to play Single Player, because you had an entire world to explore and make a house impervious to enemies, find out all the tricks to the game and the like. I have played many games, and I must say, this game compels you strongly to build bigger houses, get better gear, find better ways of producing your resources, and the like. Then Multiplayer came out-- the game became wonderful! Sure, it had a few kinks here and there, but having friends to explore that world with, makes you feel like you were a little kid again exploring the world as a free soul trying to find cool things to do. The only problem was, after Multiplayer came out, Single Player was not worth playing to me anymore, because my friends couldn't use the things I made, therefore Single Player felt worthless.But, the game is wonderful: music that fits the atmosphere, gripping gameplay that makes you thirst for more, and graphics that gives it, its own style and spot inside your heart. As a side note, forget all those people that keep complaining about Notch and his choices; everyone makes mistakes and he has made a few, but he has still tried to make the game great, even more so great than it already is. Expand
  81. Jan 31, 2012
    A great example to use in the "Graphics don't make a game good" argument with its unhealthily addictive gameplay. Single player will last only as long as your imagination will let you and multiplayer is fantastic. A lot of multiplayer servers have their own little community that are friendly enough to welcome you in and help build if you don't have your own friends to play with and feelA great example to use in the "Graphics don't make a game good" argument with its unhealthily addictive gameplay. Single player will last only as long as your imagination will let you and multiplayer is fantastic. A lot of multiplayer servers have their own little community that are friendly enough to welcome you in and help build if you don't have your own friends to play with and feel that way inclined. To counter the low scores given by people, I'd have to say "Did you get your moneys worth?". Sure there is no multiplayer server browser (You need to use Google to find servers), the achievements are tacked on, the NPC A.I is barely there and Notch may have promised more than he delivered but £12 for what can easily turn into 50+ or even 100+ hours of truly enjoyable and fun gameplay makes it unimportant to me.

Did I get my moneys worth? Definitely.
  82. Dec 27, 2011
    Minecraft is the best game ever.The Grafik is nice and if you don't like it,insall a texture pack.You want to play even more and more.Buy it,20 â
  83. Dec 28, 2011
    Minecraft proved to be the great game independent of year 2011, Minecraft is a game that explores the infinite creativity and puts the games back at the top of survival.
  84. Feb 27, 2012
    Honestly, the user reviewers can be some of the most annoying people I've ever seen. Half of them are members of a fanbase who are angry because of one trivial thing the developers did. The only reason why this game doesn't bear the 10.0 user score it so rightfully deserves is because a bunch of fans got upset with some decision Notch made or something and so they spammed negative scores.Honestly, the user reviewers can be some of the most annoying people I've ever seen. Half of them are members of a fanbase who are angry because of one trivial thing the developers did. The only reason why this game doesn't bear the 10.0 user score it so rightfully deserves is because a bunch of fans got upset with some decision Notch made or something and so they spammed negative scores. It's bad enough that Spore, a great game, has a 4.6 user rating because people were upset that they didn't get the 2005 Spore. That being said, Minecraft is probably one of the most intuitive ideas for a game that I've seen in a long while. It's a good example of how a huge idea can derive from a simple concept. This is true art at its very finest. Expand
  85. Jan 3, 2012
    I cannot stop playing this game it is so much fun. The possibilities are endless, you can do and build whatever you can think of. I agree the graphics are not the best, but Notch has even said he supports texture packs. Notch has said he's not an artist. Me and my kids play it all the time. What other game can you make your own adventures up? Build whatever you want? I don't think theirI cannot stop playing this game it is so much fun. The possibilities are endless, you can do and build whatever you can think of. I agree the graphics are not the best, but Notch has even said he supports texture packs. Notch has said he's not an artist. Me and my kids play it all the time. What other game can you make your own adventures up? Build whatever you want? I don't think their are that many other games. When I first saw this game, I thought it was the worst game ever because of the graphics. Then i played 20 minutes of it and didn't want to stop it was so much fun. It is worth the $20. I can't see any reason to not like this game. Listen to the critics and play the game longer than 5 minutes so you can see how good the game actually is. Expand
  86. Dec 30, 2011
    This game is amazing. I gave this game an 8 because it's still very buggy and Notch had told us that Survival Multiplayer would be fixed before the full release. But don't get me wrong, the multiplayer is still great and worth buying on its own. I bought Minecraft while it was in mid-Alpha so i only paid around $13. But $27 is still worth the price of this game, that I've spent daysThis game is amazing. I gave this game an 8 because it's still very buggy and Notch had told us that Survival Multiplayer would be fixed before the full release. But don't get me wrong, the multiplayer is still great and worth buying on its own. I bought Minecraft while it was in mid-Alpha so i only paid around $13. But $27 is still worth the price of this game, that I've spent days playing with friends. That's one thing, you either need friends that have this game or a server to play with others. And I know people have said that the single player gets boring after a while, but this is another reason to buy it...mods. This game has one of the largest modding communities I've ever seen. There are tons of mods that do just about anything that you wished vanilla Minecraft had. I've probably played this game more than any other game that I own, and plan on playing it more. Expand
  87. Dec 31, 2011
    It really is hard to review Minecraft. Some people review it by how it is made. Some people review it by the concept of the game. I am going to review it by both. I am going to say it's a bad game if you think by how it was made. Many things aren't done yet, and there are still thousand of bugs. But it was made by 5 people, and they were being rushed by thousands. But I think that theIt really is hard to review Minecraft. Some people review it by how it is made. Some people review it by the concept of the game. I am going to review it by both. I am going to say it's a bad game if you think by how it was made. Many things aren't done yet, and there are still thousand of bugs. But it was made by 5 people, and they were being rushed by thousands. But I think that the concept of the game kind of weighs up that is was badly made. I have been playing it for about a year and a half, and I still enjoy it. The limitation really is your imagination. Most games give you the content. Minecraft gives you the tools. So people who wants to be served content shouldn't play this game. People who can give them their own content should play it. I'm gonna give Minecraft 9 in score, because I know how to play it. Expand
  88. Jan 2, 2012
    Although the others are right, as Notch has indeed become lazy and detached from the project, MineCraft is still a great game which can provide hours of fun. Although singleplayer loses its appeal after a while, multiplayer with friends is great and leads to a different experience every time you play. The random map generating system ensures you'll never play the same world twice. TheAlthough the others are right, as Notch has indeed become lazy and detached from the project, MineCraft is still a great game which can provide hours of fun. Although singleplayer loses its appeal after a while, multiplayer with friends is great and leads to a different experience every time you play. The random map generating system ensures you'll never play the same world twice. The graphical style looks old and quite ugly, but this can be overcome with the right texture packs. The 1x1x1 block system allows easy building. It's a great deal if you picked it up when it was in alpha. I'm not sure the current price tag is justified for a game that is not updated often anymore, though. Expand
  89. Feb 29, 2012
    Late December 2010 was the first time I played this odd-looking indie-game called Minecraft. I started with an outdated version and even that had me impressed and hooked. A couple of weeks later I got my hands on the beta and a whole new adventure started.

Minecraft delivers a nearly endless world for you to mess around in. It throws some hostile spiders, skeletons, zombies and some explosive creatures called creepers at you at the same time. You have to survive and keep yourself out of danger, but at the same time you can dig deeper into the world and discover rare minerals and dangerous dungeons, all can be used to upgrade your amor, or obtain some rare blocks for that epic wizard's tower you're building.

The gameplay is basic; You can walk, sneak, punch, run and jump. To be honest, you don't need much more. It gives you the opportunities you need, and that's what this game is all about.

I've seen quite an amount of people complain about its graphics. Now, I really do like these fancy, shiny Fps-graphics as much as anyone, but even though they may seem sloppy and effortless, it works well with the rest of the game. There's even an opportunity to change all of your textures, even though you shouldn't have to mod your game to enjoy it.

The multiplayer; the heart and core of Minecraft. Even if you only decide to play some basic survival with a mate, or join a hardcore pvp-server, the multiplayer will be what really blows you away. You have ENDLESS possibilities, and that is exactly what makes this game what it is. It's what you and your multiplayer friends make it; amazing.
  90. Jan 3, 2012
    I was going to give this game a 10 but the block for 10 got blown up by a Creeper so it'll have to do with a 9+ A very fun game that is great for relaxing and planning vs the frantic intensity of an FPS or hack and slash of a dungeon crawl in Skyrim. This game is great for relaxing, and building something cool but also with the planning so your creation doesn't get destroyed. MinecraftI was going to give this game a 10 but the block for 10 got blown up by a Creeper so it'll have to do with a 9+ A very fun game that is great for relaxing and planning vs the frantic intensity of an FPS or hack and slash of a dungeon crawl in Skyrim. This game is great for relaxing, and building something cool but also with the planning so your creation doesn't get destroyed. Minecraft appeals to both the old school gamer and the new gamer, it's more of a thinking person's game but is also friendly to the casual gamer if you don't want to risk having your creations destroyed. All in all a fun and enjoyable game to play. Expand
  91. Jan 4, 2012
    Minecraft is game witch is some what hard to try to compare to any other and that is one of its greatest strong points. There have been games in the past that were some what based around the idea that Minecraft is built on, but where they failed Minecraft has managed to do it brilliantly. The massive and open world is a blank canvas for the gamer to build or destroy what ever they feel.Minecraft is game witch is some what hard to try to compare to any other and that is one of its greatest strong points. There have been games in the past that were some what based around the idea that Minecraft is built on, but where they failed Minecraft has managed to do it brilliantly. The massive and open world is a blank canvas for the gamer to build or destroy what ever they feel. Which give a feeling of great feedback towards the player. And has a re-playability way beyond anything that has been released to this date. It is a gaming landmark and an eye opener for other gaming developers around the world. Expand
  92. Jan 8, 2012
    Minecraft is a very good game where you can do a lot of things just with block... You can have a lot of fun... Notch is a pretty cool guy the game is really awesome.......................
  93. Jan 7, 2012
    A wonderfully balanced game. With all of the different mods and texture packs, you can never get bored. Multiplayer is awesome and I've sunk hundreds of hours. Definitely a 10.
  94. Feb 12, 2012
    *Virtual Lego's with bad graphics. That's all it is and it sells for over $25. It does nothing new, creative or original. I don't understand fads, never have and probably never will. What I do understand is people waste millions on them and later wonder what they were thinking. This is Minecraft.*

*This game is just terrible, its boring and it has the graphics of a calculator. I played games in the 80's that had better graphics than this. This is only a game for people who are sheep. Stay away from this Horrible, terrible game.*

Dear young gamers.
    Game's isnt about Graphics, they are for FUN.
    And why do you hate simply game where you can create massive building or something cool just because (nearly)everything looks blocks?
    Well, i gotta say this game gets boring after playing about 20hours and save(s) suddenly vanishes.
    This happened me 3 times, but i'll never gonna give up building!
  95. Jan 9, 2012
    I have played Minecraft since close to the end of Alpha, In the time between there and now it has changed quite a lot. For the good or for the worse is completely for you to decide. I'm fine with the way it wen't, From a building game of awesome to adding adventure elements to spice the game up it. A great Developer team who chat with the community all the time to some of the greatestI have played Minecraft since close to the end of Alpha, In the time between there and now it has changed quite a lot. For the good or for the worse is completely for you to decide. I'm fine with the way it wen't, From a building game of awesome to adding adventure elements to spice the game up it. A great Developer team who chat with the community all the time to some of the greatest support from the gaming community in a long time. I suggest that instead of reading these reviews you go over to YouTube and see what this game has to offer. As for myself, I will be playing Minecraft for a long, long time after this. Expand
  96. Jan 12, 2012
    If you look past the marketing and retro graphics and play the game for what it is instead of being critical from every observation, I promise you will be amazed
  97. Jan 13, 2012
    why the hell is everyone complaining?whoever paid for it is still receiving updates all the time,i love the game,and everytime an update comes out i go try it,to me?a solid 10,an excellent idea growing each day more and more,wait for the final version,most games you buy,you end them in 8 hours and they fall into oblivion because there is no new content on them and the ones which have newwhy the hell is everyone complaining?whoever paid for it is still receiving updates all the time,i love the game,and everytime an update comes out i go try it,to me?a solid 10,an excellent idea growing each day more and more,wait for the final version,most games you buy,you end them in 8 hours and they fall into oblivion because there is no new content on them and the ones which have new content are PAYED after you already BOUGHT the freakin game. this one?payed for it and still looks like a new one Expand
  98. Jan 14, 2012
    The game 'Minecraft' is one of those few games where it all depends on 1 thing: Your imagination. Now, before we get into that, let's start at the basics of the game: There are no goals, no rules, no limits, and no confinement of room. So, what will you do? You could create a mine-shaft, build a house, plant trees, and much more. But the underlined question that defines whether or notThe game 'Minecraft' is one of those few games where it all depends on 1 thing: Your imagination. Now, before we get into that, let's start at the basics of the game: There are no goals, no rules, no limits, and no confinement of room. So, what will you do? You could create a mine-shaft, build a house, plant trees, and much more. But the underlined question that defines whether or not you'll like Minecraft is: 'How far can you stretch your imagination?' If you aren't imaginative, the game can get quite bland very quickly. Whether it be because of the lack of a system of goals or no real 'ending' (Now there is as of Minecraft 1.0), the player's luster and determination to do things goes down pretty quickly. If you are imaginative and constantly think of things you could do, then you will LOVE this game. The possibilities are quite literally, endless. Multiplayer with friends is also a joy to behold! You can fight monsters in groups, set up a village, or do whatever you want! Minecraft is an all-around great game, as long as you have the imagination to cope with it. Expand
  99. Mar 3, 2012
    I have had this game for about 6 months now and probably 2 of those months have been consumed by minecraft. i bought this in the early stages of 1.7 and when i first played it i was a bit confused on what to do, after many hours of looking on youtube for guides and tutorials i finally had a grasp on what to do, and i started to create my own kingdom. this game appeals to everyone as theI have had this game for about 6 months now and probably 2 of those months have been consumed by minecraft. i bought this in the early stages of 1.7 and when i first played it i was a bit confused on what to do, after many hours of looking on youtube for guides and tutorials i finally had a grasp on what to do, and i started to create my own kingdom. this game appeals to everyone as the creating and building appeals to a younger audience whilst survival and mining appeals to an older audience.But the game is nit without it's faults firstly it is difficult to some people to make a server to play with their friends as you need to port forward or download different pieces of software.Also every update comes with more bugs which can be annoying.
    Overall its a really fun game that keeps giving if your willing to put in the effort.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]