7.4

1. Dec 1, 2013
    Minecraft is a great game, it has excellent gameplay and sure, the graphics aren`t top but ever heard the term "gameplay is better than graphics". This game completely describes this...Ill give you an example, would you want to play a 8-bit game like Legend of Zelda or Mario or play a game which is high def but is a game about Justin Bieber. You think about it.
  2. Dec 10, 2013
    Minecraft deserves a good score. It may be made out of blocks, but it's still a good game. Minecraft is a perfect example of gameplay over graphics. There is tons of things to do. There is not limits to what you can build. Some people think that all you do in Minecraft is mine. But really, there is so much more. Hunting, crafting, building, and of course, mining. With over 1,000,000 sales,Minecraft deserves a good score. It may be made out of blocks, but it's still a good game. Minecraft is a perfect example of gameplay over graphics. There is tons of things to do. There is not limits to what you can build. Some people think that all you do in Minecraft is mine. But really, there is so much more. Hunting, crafting, building, and of course, mining. With over 1,000,000 sales, this game really get a high score on lots of people's lists. The only major problem is the multiplayer servers. Big servers tend to have people and even staff that don't follow the rules, and makes it T or M rated instead of 10+, so I do suggest your child that may play this, have caution.

This game deserves my 9 out of 10 and a place on my top 3 games list. Don't pass this up people. you won't regret it.
  3. Dec 14, 2013
    This is a game that I can't even begin to say how amazing it is. While bringing back the good old pixely graphics, if that's a word, you can make whatever your mind thinks of. Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, you name it. This game has infinite possibilities and with a creative mind, this game CAN'T go wrong. Also, the online multiplayer is just flat out AWESOME! You can play with a thousandThis is a game that I can't even begin to say how amazing it is. While bringing back the good old pixely graphics, if that's a word, you can make whatever your mind thinks of. Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, you name it. This game has infinite possibilities and with a creative mind, this game CAN'T go wrong. Also, the online multiplayer is just flat out AWESOME! You can play with a thousand people at a time! If you get this game, it will be extremely hard to not say: Just one more block. Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2013
    This is one of, if not THE best game I've ever bought, i know single player gets really boring unless you have mods, but playing with your friends is what keeps this game going, multiplayer is really good as well but there are some lag issues depending on your connection and this is one of those games where lag can get you to rage quit, a really good sandbox, you can make some greatThis is one of, if not THE best game I've ever bought, i know single player gets really boring unless you have mods, but playing with your friends is what keeps this game going, multiplayer is really good as well but there are some lag issues depending on your connection and this is one of those games where lag can get you to rage quit, a really good sandbox, you can make some great structures on there, i think the only reason why people don't like it is that they look to the negatives, they haven't tried the good servers
    over all, great game, i recommend you try it out, look for mods you may like and some good servers.
  5. Dec 20, 2013
    Is one of the best games i ever played. The graphics are pretty nice but the gameplay is the center of the game. IT'S AWESOME. But there is a problem in this game: there are a lot of 5-6 years old kids playing this game bad players. The updates are really heavy
  6. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is a really great game, but is a tad overrated. The features are excellent and gameplay is fun, but can get boring when in survival mode. While it's a great game, people glorify it too much like it's the Messiah of not just sandbox games and indie games, but as the video game industry as a whole. Fun for the whole family.
  7. Dec 28, 2013
    Been playing Minecraft since Alpha and continue to enjoy it. This is a game that will never stop evolving. The developers are constantly adding new things and I have never gotten bored of the build-box gameplay. Are you creative? You can literally build anything. Are you an adventurer? The randomly generated maps are huge and offer tons of things to explore. One minute I'm building myBeen playing Minecraft since Alpha and continue to enjoy it. This is a game that will never stop evolving. The developers are constantly adding new things and I have never gotten bored of the build-box gameplay. Are you creative? You can literally build anything. Are you an adventurer? The randomly generated maps are huge and offer tons of things to explore. One minute I'm building my farm, the next I'm spelunking in a cave system that seems to never end and is rich in ores and materials. The survival element just adds icing to the cake, having to fend of the likes of skeletons and zombies to stay alive at night. Fun for all ages! Expand
  8. Dec 30, 2013
    Minecraft is one of the best if not the best game I have ever played. It has a vast world to explore and plenty of weird and interesting mobs (animals). Although it did get a tiny bit repetitive, Minecraft has me so addicted that I can't stop playing.
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    I have played Minecraft since the early Alpha stages, and the game is amazing and has been all the way through my experience. The people who do not call this a full game do not know what they are talking about because as far as i know over 13 Million people think it is. (that's how many have bought the game) It's classic, it's creative and it's a great way to spend a rainy day or a wholeI have played Minecraft since the early Alpha stages, and the game is amazing and has been all the way through my experience. The people who do not call this a full game do not know what they are talking about because as far as i know over 13 Million people think it is. (that's how many have bought the game) It's classic, it's creative and it's a great way to spend a rainy day or a whole holiday! It's great fun alone or with friends. The only thing that i can complain about is how it became after it's release, the game was at it's top around the Beta 1.6 time. Expand
  10. Dec 31, 2013
    Very good game, Indeed it was.Very good game, Indeed it was. Its is one of the best games I've ever played. Expand
  11. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my favourite game! I think I've been playing this since 2012 and I have enjoyed every single second of it. Games don't need fancy graphics to be fun. THANKS MOJANG!

-James
  12. Jan 14, 2014
    if you know all the things you can do in this awesome game... its the most free world game in history and also includes the possibility of make your own mechanism whit redstone, in creative or in survival.
  13. Jan 15, 2014
    Minecraft is often criticised for not containing guns, unless modded. this is no reason to let your opinion go sour. The game itself is very versatile; it is playable on Pc, Xbox, Apple, Android, Ps3, Ps4, and has many spin-offs. whichever version you choose to play, minecraft has the same drift; you have a character, usually customisable, who spawns into a seemingly endless world ofMinecraft is often criticised for not containing guns, unless modded. this is no reason to let your opinion go sour. The game itself is very versatile; it is playable on Pc, Xbox, Apple, Android, Ps3, Ps4, and has many spin-offs. whichever version you choose to play, minecraft has the same drift; you have a character, usually customisable, who spawns into a seemingly endless world of cubes, with only your imagination as the limit. It is a great game for people of all ages, from children to elderly, as it stimulates different parts of the mind, especially creativity.

It's really quite remarkable.
  14. Mar 12, 2014
    Everyone saying this game is terrible is completely missing the point of the game! Most of the negative reviews here either mention the "bad graphics", or how the game seems to be "un-finished" or "lacking features". The game is meant to be blocky with simple graphics, that is a major part of what makes the game special and unique! If you still feel the need for great graphics, go onlineEveryone saying this game is terrible is completely missing the point of the game! Most of the negative reviews here either mention the "bad graphics", or how the game seems to be "un-finished" or "lacking features". The game is meant to be blocky with simple graphics, that is a major part of what makes the game special and unique! If you still feel the need for great graphics, go online and download one of many, many, many free user-created HD resource packs! And the game seems unfinished because it is!! The game will NEVER be totally finished, as the game developers have said many times in the past.
    If you're looking for more features or more interesting gameplay, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of 100% free player-made modifications (mods) and custom-made worlds creating various challenges, puzzles, and adventures. The awesome Minecraft community is what really makes the game - without all the custom-made user material, it would not be nearly as popular!
  15. Mar 19, 2014
    I give Minecraft an 8/10 for a number of reasons. It resides as one of my absolute favorite hobbies as I use it for a creative outlet.(Yes, a hobby, as playing it feels more like a past-time than an actual "video game") The amount of potential that this game holds is beyond belief. It is not without it's faults, unfortunately, which keeps me from giving this wonderful game a perfect 10. II give Minecraft an 8/10 for a number of reasons. It resides as one of my absolute favorite hobbies as I use it for a creative outlet.(Yes, a hobby, as playing it feels more like a past-time than an actual "video game") The amount of potential that this game holds is beyond belief. It is not without it's faults, unfortunately, which keeps me from giving this wonderful game a perfect 10. I will also admit that Minecraft is not for everyone. I see a lot of contradicting reviews, and feel that it is best for me to be perfectly honest about the game.

Pros

*If you like sandbox games, this one is certainly worth a try. The limit is the sky. With each and every inch of the land at your disposal. The whole world is your play pen. Ive seen people create things from mighty fortresses of doom to beautiful cities to quirky pixel art.
    *If you like survival and exploration games, you might want to give this one a try. From spelunking for resources and raising livestock to exploration and fending off undead, the game does well in immersing the player in its 3d environment.
    *Multiplayer! I feel that this game is best experienced with others, wither you are working on a group creative project or exploring that dark and creepy cavern. I feel that Minecraft has a very personal feel to it, so what is better than being able to adventure with your friends or show off your greatest creations?
    *Minecraft has a vast modding community. If you feel that certain types of content in minecraft is lacking for your tastes, then you can probably remedy that with your choice from thousands of different mods created by the player base.
    *Visuals and sound. The landscape and biome generation can make for some absolutely stunning visuals. The music and dynamic sounds significantly add to the games wonderful immersion.

Cons

*First and foremost, Minecraft is created in Java. The engine is heavy, and very clunky. The game can take it's toll on even some of the best systems. Getting your fps higher than 60 can be nearly impossible without having a beast of a computer, which seems quite unnecessary for a game of this type.(Although performance does seem to have improved since the last major overhaul patch) It also tends to have its share of icky bugs.
    *There is absolutely no story, what-so-ever. If you are looking for a thrilling plot, then minecraft may not be for you.
    *survival will start to get a bit dull after a while if you aren't playing with mods or others.
    *A good portion of its online community is made up of children, and as such you will run into a lot of immature players who feel no remorse for destroying your progress. It takes quite a bit of effort to find trustworthy players online.
    *Progress in the game's development is there, but extremely slow.
    *Minecraft's default textures and graphics are very low res and blocky. While some may feel that it adds on to the game's individual style, others may not be to happy about it. (note that the textures can in fact be changed, as many players in the community have created some really stunning and interesting texture packs of all resolutions.)
  16. Mar 26, 2014
    Minecraft is a very good game because undergo frequent updates even with the final version. Is also a sandbox ie is INFINITE! Only flaws of the game is its weight and its price is $ 26.95.
  17. Apr 5, 2014
    The open world, and the idea on this game is fresh.
    The simulation is great.
    But dont hope for a great graphics.
    Play for the gameplay.

This game contains tons of hours of play.
    And its a very very good game for your children creativity.
    Even adults build a working old flip flop computer simulator on this game.
  18. Apr 7, 2014
    Minecraft is by far one of the greatest indie game ever invented. And I sure gives the inventor (Markus "Notch" Persson) a hell of a point. This voxel based sandbox game that is really fun to play. It increased people's creativity to create, explore, and other things you can imagine surviving with a more intense world. From the ALPHA phase, Minecraft was still nothing. But in the BETAMinecraft is by far one of the greatest indie game ever invented. And I sure gives the inventor (Markus "Notch" Persson) a hell of a point. This voxel based sandbox game that is really fun to play. It increased people's creativity to create, explore, and other things you can imagine surviving with a more intense world. From the ALPHA phase, Minecraft was still nothing. But in the BETA phase, it already broke some records. First record, it was awarded the most popular game in BETA. The next record, shows that this game is the best sandbox game yet. Exploring the unlimited possibilities in the endless world of cubes. Crafting, Surviving, and Thriving. Making huge creations and make differences in this world. They also update the game eventually sometimes in 2 months time. And by my very critic, this game deserves a wonderful score of 10. Some people may say that this game is a waste of time. Well, it's actually a very great game to KILL some time. Some of the users/players of this game says that it lacked of gaming and it's made out of pixel. Some say it's the worst. The game is actually pixelated, but it's actually pixelated using cubes and blocks. That's why it seems so 3D. You can create endless creations and everything you want. But my surprise of this game it the multiplayer feature. It is really fun and enjoyable playing beyond the community and have fun by playing minigames. Or just doing a survival together with your friends. A 3D sandbox with a multiplayer feature? That's really fun for players that doesn't like being alone. I picked the three best servers so far, and the three of them keep amaze me anytime I go there. The best server so far is Mineplex by my opinion. The second is the Hypixel Network. And the third is The Hive. I really don't judge these servers because they are all good-to-play servers and all that, but in those critic, I'll judge them because this IS a critic. Apart from all of that, this is a wonderful game. I honored the creators of this game, which is TeamMojang, and I appreciate this kind of games. Indulging and exciting. Expand
  19. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am ANGRY at all you negative reviewers out there, you overlook the influence on culture these days of Minecraft, comparing it to other games (BTW I am looking for the perfect game which you will find my Qualifications in the Profile) This has by far been the Crown Jewel of My PC games, It is near my perfect game standard and it is the closest one there. Also about it's influence on culture, this game has truly defined the true basic principle of open-ended games, I believe it even has created it's own genre. And other than that I believe you negative reviewers never even tried to venture within the game itself, you didn't even bother to look at the wiki, it may be buggy however it 's Success overshadows it's flaws. And by the way did you even care to look at modding this game? This game for me, has an almost infinite number of mods out there, so the game is extremely flexible. And by the way have you seen Terraria? If you like the game and you review this negatively, then you know what? Terraria was inspired By MINECRAFT. So in my view this game belongs with the great historic games, which have forever changed the world, and if you ask me, Minecraft has begun it's own gaming generation CONVERSATION OVER, PERIOD. Expand
  20. Sep 12, 2014
    As much as I hate what Minecraft has done for the gaming industry,there is no reason why you shouldn't play it.Ive spent more hours then I can count on this game,and every time I think I'm free of its clutches,I feel the need to mine one more block
  21. Apr 23, 2014
    This game is good, because its unique.

Its good because of its creativity, it goes on forever, you can build whatever you want, or even build multiple things, making this game fairly time-consuming and a hell-of fun. It never ends, so you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. Also, Multiplayer is also fun, as people make great and fascinating games to play with plug-ins,
    This game is good, because its unique.

Also, Multiplayer is also fun, as people make great and fascinating games to play with plug-ins, commands, and more. making MineCraft endless fun.

The only bad part about it is the community, which isn't even the game's fault, but kids are rude all around in the MineCraft community, making the game have a semi-turnoff.

Besides that I have fun with the game. It is addicting and time and is a joy to play!
  22. May 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. for 2 years this game has been in development. For years i have been waiting to play this game and just last year i finally got the chance to do so. When i first played it i found it to be very addictive and very fun. The ability to get past the limit is amazing. In DBZ you cant leave your fighting area but in this game you can. In Sonic you cant build a house but here it is the opposite. The free roaming and how you have to find things is really fun and i recommend this game to anyone who is looking forward to play a game that takes place in a forest. That is why my final verdict for this game is a 99 out of 100. Expand
  23. May 16, 2014
    Best game ever! This game is amazing! I love that you can play on servers, yet play alone. You really need to play Minecraft. It is an amazing game that I love, along with my friends. I play it on PC & PS3. GET MINECRAFT! You won't regret it!
  24. Jul 20, 2014
    Arguably, Minecraft is the best video game of all time. The idea is so simple yet so brilliant. A 3D block-based game. in which you can survive, and build anything you could possibly imagine. I find it brilliant because it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you perform the most mundane of tasks, like when you smelt your first iron bar, all the way to defeating the Ender Dragon.Arguably, Minecraft is the best video game of all time. The idea is so simple yet so brilliant. A 3D block-based game. in which you can survive, and build anything you could possibly imagine. I find it brilliant because it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you perform the most mundane of tasks, like when you smelt your first iron bar, all the way to defeating the Ender Dragon. Obviously, the game is always better with friends, which gives you the option of making combat and adventure maps for you and your friends to enjoy. A lot of people say the game has gotten worse as updates have occurred, but I believe it has just increased the game's depth. Minecraft truly holds a place in my heart, simply for how undeniably spectacular it is. Expand
  25. Jul 14, 2016
    Playing Minecraft for the first time was one of my top 10 gaming experiences. Figuring out how to "punch wood" and craft some of the simplest weapons possible. Finding my first cavern and starting to explore deeper... and deeper.. until it was making me nervous. Find lava for the first time and treading aroudn it carefully, Funny how a seemingly simple retro 3D game can give you thatPlaying Minecraft for the first time was one of my top 10 gaming experiences. Figuring out how to "punch wood" and craft some of the simplest weapons possible. Finding my first cavern and starting to explore deeper... and deeper.. until it was making me nervous. Find lava for the first time and treading aroudn it carefully, Funny how a seemingly simple retro 3D game can give you that kind of angst. That's due to the fact that if you die, you will lose all of your loot and have to trek back to that location (and quickly) to retrieve it. This had me develop my own strategies to figure out how to explore this massive endless world. Some cave systems were so huge I would literally get lost and turned out. I used special blocks or torch patterns on tunnel forks to remind me which way to get home. I'd have to build little temporary platforms or carve stair cases into walls to ascend or descend deep ravines to get to the good ore. I love that Minecraft forced me to be creative in my thinking to achieve my goals. And when you are tired or exhausted of exploring, for the moment, then take some time to build on to your sprawling home complex. Bored after that? Try messing with redstone to build yourself a transportation system or a pair of automatic gates for your home. Still bored after that? Delve even deeper into crafting with enchantments and potions. Build a farm and raise livestock and grow food. There are sandbox games and then there is Minecraft. You are only limited by your imagination. Expand
  26. Sep 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed this game.................................................................................................................................alot.. Expand
  27. Nov 24, 2014
    This is the best out of all of the minecraft games. It is the original and it is always to usually the first one to get all the new updates. I say it only gets an 8 because I like games with stories and objectives and this is kind of like and endless sandbox game with difficulties and you are able to die. That's why I give it an 8 but don't get me wrong I still like this game but... IThis is the best out of all of the minecraft games. It is the original and it is always to usually the first one to get all the new updates. I say it only gets an 8 because I like games with stories and objectives and this is kind of like and endless sandbox game with difficulties and you are able to die. That's why I give it an 8 but don't get me wrong I still like this game but... I already explained it. Expand
  28. Nov 24, 2014
    Minecraft is the most creative game I ever played. In the game you can build anything anywhere and can chose creative or survive mode, and the game my look a little block but it makes it a charm. I hope Microsoft takes good care of our beloved game. It's my favourite game of all time.
  29. Dec 1, 2014
    Eye looove ettttt69, i love to ride pigs and eat pufferfish whilst exploring minecraft wiki. fam you will loooove et too if you get it, make everything even P3N1Ses
  30. Dec 7, 2014
    Mojang develop a very cool game about placing blocks.

- Leon Lozahic -

Pros :
    + Old School Graphics,very cool ! :D
    + Ton of blocks (and can add mods)
    + Very Realistic Biomes !
    + Sound effects is cool and realistic

Cons :
    - Bugs (logical)
    - Encoded with Java
    - Multiplayer is not easy to configure

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]