7.5

1. Jul 11, 2012
    Minecraft... It's spread like some plague. Every kid on the block now loves Minecraft. diamond pickaxe this an' Yogscast that. At one point, I was one of those people but now, I've lost interest.
    With update after update Mojang put in little things, from TESTIFICATES (thats what I call them now :P) to new biomes, but to be honest, It isn't enough!
    If you don't know what Minecraft is,
    If you don't know what Minecraft is, you've probably been living under a rock, but for those 3 people...
    Minecraft is an open-ended experience where you wander around a bright and colourful world composed of blocks: this is a major characteristic of Minecraft because the game allows you to break the aforementioned blocks with tools to get materials. You can then use these materials to do whatever you feel like. At first glance it looks like a boner-fide lego clone, but then you see a skeleton ride a spider, then the lego comparison goes out the window.
    The game has you survive the dangerous night-time. monsters tend to spawn in darkness so when it gets dark, they come in packs. This is where you usually start to dig undergound to find important ores like iron and coal. If you're lucky you may find lapiz lazuli of even diamond. This gives Minecraft an addictive edge. You want to find diamond, but it's rare, so you gotta dig deeper and deeper and... deeper... ugh.
    since the official release the game now has mines and strongholds underground which gives a bit of spice to going down-under: you may find labrynthene, albeit very repetitive structures that you can explore and... not much else. they are just there, with not much of a purpose.
    The graphics are simplistic, but not distractingly so. true they can be a bit boring at times, but you can always just download a texture pack to resolve that. The music is great, full of atmosphere, but I do wish that there were more tracks. what's there though is fantastic.
    Y'see, I should like this game, but after a while, I start to get really REALLY bored. there's only so much building, wandering and scouring the undergrouth for materials I can do before it really wears on me. If it didn't for you, great but Minecraft in my opinion is WAAAAAAAY over-rated. the official release doesen't have enough new content to really call it a finished game.
    I know i'm not gonna change anybody's mind, because you have already dicided: you either love or hate the game. I fall somewhere in between.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    This is a very unique and fun game. I had quite a bit of fun with it. The only real issue I have with it is that it is JUST a sandbox game. There's no true goal. There are no rewards or punishment for performance. I still like it, and I still log in and play for a while every update, but after a while there's just not much more to do. It looks like there are some planned updates thatThis is a very unique and fun game. I had quite a bit of fun with it. The only real issue I have with it is that it is JUST a sandbox game. There's no true goal. There are no rewards or punishment for performance. I still like it, and I still log in and play for a while every update, but after a while there's just not much more to do. It looks like there are some planned updates that might change this in the future though. I say buy it and play it, just don't expect it to be a game you play forever (Unless you REALLY like building things.) Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    I am a serious gamer, i play games that fulfil all game mechanics - characters, storyline, gameplay etc. And when i sat down and played this game, i thought why am i playing this. It has no storyline, no campaign, no real characters. So how can a game that defies all of these aspects even sell 1 copy. I eventually found myself enjoying making something out of mined pieces, but only forI am a serious gamer, i play games that fulfil all game mechanics - characters, storyline, gameplay etc. And when i sat down and played this game, i thought why am i playing this. It has no storyline, no campaign, no real characters. So how can a game that defies all of these aspects even sell 1 copy. I eventually found myself enjoying making something out of mined pieces, but only for about 17 minutes. For those with simply entertained minds i would reccommend this game, however for serious gamers, you may as well have a go at it, but i would not reccommend purchasing it. Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2011
    This game doesn't deserve more than a 9 from users or reviewers. Its digital lego, something that it will bore you in a couple of hours, not to forget the horrific graphics. If you want to play this game, then buy real legos.
  5. Nov 24, 2011
    I'm really disgusted by the obvious bias among the critics. Minecraft is certainly a revolutionary game having rocketed the procedurally-generated voxel based world to a place in history. However, it hasn't progressed past its first steps. The game, if you can even call it that, hasn't really developed into anything lasting even though its been in development for almost 2 years withI'm really disgusted by the obvious bias among the critics. Minecraft is certainly a revolutionary game having rocketed the procedurally-generated voxel based world to a place in history. However, it hasn't progressed past its first steps. The game, if you can even call it that, hasn't really developed into anything lasting even though its been in development for almost 2 years with more feedback prior to official release than probably any other game.

It doesn't take very long with the game to encounter any one of its numerous faults: buggy features (even with a revisit, the mine carts have numerous problems), incomplete features (achievements are basically filler and the nether was a waste of development time), a complete lack of multiplayer server browsing, stupid AI, and to top it all off the game is essentially over within a few hours - you can obtain all of the items and see all of the sites and enemies in one sitting. This all assumes that your computer will even run the game as many systems encounter memory leaks that guarantee crashing with just a few minutes of play. It upsets me that the critics completely overlooked these many short comings as though the game is perfect. The worst part is that many of these problems have existed for months and there is still no indication that they'll be fixed anytime soon. Without providing the proper feedback, Minecraft may never actually get the serious attention it requires to earn the grade it has received. There is just so much potential in a voxel engine and Minecraft hasn't even begun to tap it. It's just a matter of time before someone else comes along with a better product because Minecraft simply doesn't deliver.
  6. Nov 26, 2011
    I think it would be a very good game if it had a multiplayer element. Right now, the only way to multiplay is by joining a someone's game through their IP address. At least, that's what you do for the PC version...
  7. Nov 26, 2011
    The games brilliance is with the possibilities. The random worlds are wonderful and beautifully generated, but the creatures are un-balanced, bland and lack soul. Creative mode provides an outlet for art or good slapstick humor. Survival mode feels incomplete, lacking content and balance, but provides a very open ended area for adventure and exploration. Minecraft is the brain, but theThe games brilliance is with the possibilities. The random worlds are wonderful and beautifully generated, but the creatures are un-balanced, bland and lack soul. Creative mode provides an outlet for art or good slapstick humor. Survival mode feels incomplete, lacking content and balance, but provides a very open ended area for adventure and exploration. Minecraft is the brain, but the user created mods and support is the heart and soul. Expand
  8. Nov 28, 2011
    If I were reviewing this game based purely on its potential then it would get 11 out of 10; however, given that it has now been officially released at full price, I have to say that this is one of the most incomplete, buggy, and patently rushed titles I've ever played. Yet despite this, the fact that I am still able to award it a score of 6/10 is testament to the fundamental fun factor ofIf I were reviewing this game based purely on its potential then it would get 11 out of 10; however, given that it has now been officially released at full price, I have to say that this is one of the most incomplete, buggy, and patently rushed titles I've ever played. Yet despite this, the fact that I am still able to award it a score of 6/10 is testament to the fundamental fun factor of the voxel-based gameplay.

Minecraft has predominantly two main gameplay styles: lego sandbox creativity and first person survival. Both of these elements complement each other nicely. Want to build a log cabin? Then first you must go out to gather wood, battling any monsters you might encounter along the way. Want to increase your chances of survival? Then you might want to dig out an underground fortress with easy access to ores and resources. Both aspects have an almost symbiotic relationship. This raw Minecraft gameplay is great, allowing you to build whatever your heart's desire, and thankfully hasn't really changed much since the game was in the alpha stage. However, there has been a gradual shoehorning in of a third gameplay style -- the RPG -- and with it has come a lot of the bugs and rushed features now plaguing the game.

Firstly, let's get one of the main problems out of the way -- NPC villages. These are, to put it bluntly, terrible. The village buildings are passable, but the villagers themselves have absolutely awful character models, almost zero AI, they don't speak, they don't react in any way (even if you attack them), and don't seem to serve any purpose whatsoever.

Secondly -- experience orbs. These are glowing orbs that drop after you kill a monster which can be used as a kind of enchantment currency. A very strange and seemingly rushed experience system. Rather than have a dedicated skill tree which might be spent on extra mining speed or other useful attributes, the points are used to apply a completely random enchantment on an item. Because of this randomness, the system adds a horrific level of slot-machine grinding as you waste a lot of time struggling to get a half decent enchantment. ** Spoilers in this paragraph ** Thirdly -- the End. This new other worldly dimension was added to give the game a final level and a proper ending. In theory it is not too bad an idea, but the implementation is poor. The End is really just a very dark and uninteresting boss arena populated by Endermen monsters, a few pillars, and a dragon boss. The dragon boss has minimal AI, no phases, doesn't breath fire, but does have a gargantuan energy bar which makes for a very tedious end boss fight. After successfully defeating the dragon you then get an incredibly long-winded pseudo-philosophical text narrative that seems to come out of nowhere, which is at its best hollow and at its worst cringe-worthy. You are also rewarded with a dragon egg that can't be picked up, but which teleports a few squares away from you when you hit it... ? **End of spoilers **

I'll leave the criticisms of the new RPG mechanics there, but the overriding feeling you get is that it would have been better if instead of working on adding these rather slap-dash features, the developers should have been refining and polishing the existing gameplay. There are still a lot of things that could have been addressed before the final release. Stuff like: no water life, no wool regrowth, oppressive void fog, ugly swamp transitions, no mod API, no path-finding AI, game-breaking terrain generation bugs etc. To sum up, if the game was still in the alpha stage with the cheaper price tag, you could easily overlook the current bugs and missing features, but as a final release it is severely lacking the necessary polish required to give it a rating it could potentially deserve.
  9. Dec 2, 2011
    I bought this game October last year, and it was really really fun. Not a lot of people were playing it, i found it entertaining and it chewed up a lot of my time. I was obsessed for about 6 months, and it was a really good ten bucks well spent. Now though, it seems to have lost its appeal. I enjoy it for a few minutes then think this is pointless, and play something better. Now at a newI bought this game October last year, and it was really really fun. Not a lot of people were playing it, i found it entertaining and it chewed up a lot of my time. I was obsessed for about 6 months, and it was a really good ten bucks well spent. Now though, it seems to have lost its appeal. I enjoy it for a few minutes then think this is pointless, and play something better. Now at a new expensive price, i dont think the game in its current stage is worth it. The programmers were a little lazy with the final release, and almost all the content can be found within three or four hours. When this game introduces a tutorial, more mobs, better AI, more EVERYTHING, then it would be worthwhile. Minecraft has the potential to be an amazing game, but lacks the muscle to wow anyone and is nothing more than the start of something new. Also, thank god for mods. Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2012
    The game isn't horrible, but for 30 dollars this isn't worth it for the average person. Survival becomes incredibly boring once you're done making your house with all your friends(this game is horrible unless you play it with friends). Unless you can sit for hours and build crazy things with your friends, this is a no go. Setting up your own server isn't hard, but the lack of a serverThe game isn't horrible, but for 30 dollars this isn't worth it for the average person. Survival becomes incredibly boring once you're done making your house with all your friends(this game is horrible unless you play it with friends). Unless you can sit for hours and build crazy things with your friends, this is a no go. Setting up your own server isn't hard, but the lack of a server browser is a major detriment to the game, the multiplayer is the only good aspect, me and my friend bought the game when it was $15 and have played it a lot, but it has a sizable amount of problems as everyone else has explained. The game is good if you and your buds can sit around building crazy stuff, but don't expect a 10/10 amazing experience that critics promise. Expand
  11. Dec 31, 2011
    Minecraft was definitely made for playing with a few friends, or if you're feeling a little adventurous, complete and total strangers. Single player is enjoyable, but only for a couple of days. I'm giving this a low score because of the price increase. Why the price increase? This official release seems no different from the beta. If it was still $10 I would have given this an 8 or even aMinecraft was definitely made for playing with a few friends, or if you're feeling a little adventurous, complete and total strangers. Single player is enjoyable, but only for a couple of days. I'm giving this a low score because of the price increase. Why the price increase? This official release seems no different from the beta. If it was still $10 I would have given this an 8 or even a 9! Minecraft has SO much potential, but Team Mojang seems like they're too busy trying to figure out the fastest and easiest way to funnel money into their pockets rather than fixing old bugs, or implementing some of the more popular mods into the game itself. Without player created mods, this game would have died out a lot faster. Expand
  12. Jan 6, 2012
    The survival mode is fun the first night, when you have literally nothing but your bare hands and a small hole in the ground you dug up to hide. After that, its downhill. The game never gets harder and the enemies never get smarter. Your complex set of booby traps, amazing rail system to your escape bunker, and stores of supplies you've gathered to "weather the storm" are overkill. That'sThe survival mode is fun the first night, when you have literally nothing but your bare hands and a small hole in the ground you dug up to hide. After that, its downhill. The game never gets harder and the enemies never get smarter. Your complex set of booby traps, amazing rail system to your escape bunker, and stores of supplies you've gathered to "weather the storm" are overkill. That's when you realized you are tired of playing this game. That's when you realize you wasted quite a bit of money. Here's hoping that a future update will improve the survival mode! Oh wait, Notch says his "lawyers" say he can't guarantee our purchase covers future content. Good game... Expand
  13. Jan 9, 2012
    now if you haven't bought minecraft already you need to NOW...but to those that have bought minecraft and not installed any mods, can't you help but feel like this game after a while gets tiring? the vanilla game after not to long gets tedious and the search for diamonds seems too elongated to have a glorified success after the first 1-2 times but with mods installed this game is a 10 butnow if you haven't bought minecraft already you need to NOW...but to those that have bought minecraft and not installed any mods, can't you help but feel like this game after a while gets tiring? the vanilla game after not to long gets tedious and the search for diamonds seems too elongated to have a glorified success after the first 1-2 times but with mods installed this game is a 10 but i cant give the vanilla game as much its just too plain. Expand
  14. Mar 10, 2012
    This game lets you be very creative. You can build pretty much anything your imagination limits you to, out of any material that you like. However that's pretty much it. There is no real stategy to combat you just mash the attack button, and you don't even need to move during combat, your attacks have a knockback effect so they can't touch you. The only exception is skeleton archers, butThis game lets you be very creative. You can build pretty much anything your imagination limits you to, out of any material that you like. However that's pretty much it. There is no real stategy to combat you just mash the attack button, and you don't even need to move during combat, your attacks have a knockback effect so they can't touch you. The only exception is skeleton archers, but it's not very hard to move forward while bashing the attack button either. The graphics are bad, but in a sort of nostalgic way. For some reason, it still requires a top end computer though, because I still have framerate issues from time to time.

online play is the worst. It is literally filled with absolutely nothing but griefers.
    I have been on 10 different servers all claiming to have no griefers and yet, every single one I have been on does.

Offline play quickly becomes boring though. Once you create your masterpieces, you have no one to show it to and the game is just repetitive after a short while.

I can see why people like the game for the ability to create things, but I think there are better games out there for that. It's quite expensive for the quality you get as well. I might consider it a 5$ purchase at best.
  15. Apr 8, 2012
    For me, I dislike this game very much. I can see the audience was dedicated to people under 12 years old which is fine but for people older than that it's going to be hard to like. Think LEGO but 3d world where everything consists of blocks - squares I mean. Even though it's not a final game and will probably never be it goes through continual updates, has a great and expansive communityFor me, I dislike this game very much. I can see the audience was dedicated to people under 12 years old which is fine but for people older than that it's going to be hard to like. Think LEGO but 3d world where everything consists of blocks - squares I mean. Even though it's not a final game and will probably never be it goes through continual updates, has a great and expansive community (with millions of vids on youtube) and a lot of mods! This is one of the few games that supports PC gaming and I like it for that. I might give it a low score but that's only from my perspective, my point of view based on my gameplay experience. It's in BETA still I think but for $20 and if you like creativity and building you'll be able to pick this up and enjoy it. However if your older and your only getting it 'cos your friends have it - DON'T, watch some gameplay or look at reviews and see if you'd like this game. It's very different I admit, simple albeit disappointing graphics but that's not what the game's all about and focused on, good games don't need good graphics but in 2012 there should be some improvement. On fast PC's it'll run average, the draw distance is not good and if you go somewhere too fast it'll slow down and load the rest of the area which is infinite really but it shouldn't need to, not on good PC's anyway. I think it was optimised poorly for modern day PC's and was taking old computers such as linux and XP so they'd both have a similar experience and not be disadvantaged when online - yes u can build together and destroy people's property but there's ton of hackers also which can be annoying. The fact is the game engine it runs on does not improve or run better on modern PC's it simply doesn't. Fan-made stuff is always, also good but all those new items and they can't make curved or round objects? I like squares but why not circles or spheres, also - that's the first thing that comes to mind and it needs, the game runs slow just on square objects loading, I thought that'd be added by now but all those updates and it hasn't come up - maybe they want it all square, fair enough. Right-angle camera at 90^o when turning can be annoying and some of the game loads slowly as mentioned prior to this sentence. Again textures sometimes look bad but with mods and seriously everything can be edited in this game it's just all possible but the game does hurt my eyes sometimes, I'll be honest. There are lots of things it can improve on and another would be a plot or setting or even storyline - not even, just a setting- not just a minecraft universe and something to add fan-made stuff in-game like Valve's (STEAM) own Garry's Mod - toybox mode where you can just instantly download objects and add them straight in or something. It is inventive, inituitive but does have some frustrating problems or things I see as detrimental to my playing experience or things I think shouldn't be needed to be mentioned to play. Still millions of people have claimed this game in alpha stage and once you pay your $20 at the Minecraft (MC) site you get the full game 'till it's fully finished and in it's final stage or release with all the bells and whistles - updates. To be honest this game is the best sandbox 'cos there's no boundaries, limits and you can build everything but you can't DO everything or anything for that matter. It does feel a bit akward to play sometimes and kind of a lost idea but it has been implemented brilliantly as a low-budget indie game and for what it's worth it can be fun for young gamers, it stays true to what PC games should do for fans and is a game I can't see (but is going to be) put on consoles as it's just too big and even on modern PC's has troubles because of the game engine - problem mentioned beforehand but maybe that'll be changed in the future. To make it short, this game is fun but can/can be and sometimes is over-rated. Again it's a good game and does deserve some credit for being an original game, allowing the user to create and explore and doing it in a fun and I guess some-what educational way. There's another game which has copied this design but with better graphics - sure it's good and I'd probably play it but I can't stand to see or support a game which has copied it's design completely, simply put. 'Nuff (enough) said. 7/10! Expand
  16. Mar 7, 2012
    When I first bought this game, I really enjoyed myself, and the development team was on the ball when it came to listening to their fanbase, but as time went on, less effort went into the game and it kind of became less than spectacular. Where the game is now, it is definitely lacking in some areas and leaves a lot to be desired, but it's still a good time for a while. I've enjoyedWhen I first bought this game, I really enjoyed myself, and the development team was on the ball when it came to listening to their fanbase, but as time went on, less effort went into the game and it kind of became less than spectacular. Where the game is now, it is definitely lacking in some areas and leaves a lot to be desired, but it's still a good time for a while. I've enjoyed myself building various forts and castles, reminding me of my younger days playing with Legos. Now that Notch has stepped down, the game certainly has more potential to expand, but it won't ever be quite the same. Expand
  17. Jun 18, 2012
    I don't like this game that much. I find that the mods are pretty bad. Most of the mods just try to make minecraft something else, like COD or left 4 dead. Thats a bad idea because 1. Minecraft is horrible with mods. 2. People can't make mods that well. Some mods are fun, but cand combine with others. Multiplayer is the only reason this game got anything over 1. Its hard to make your ownI don't like this game that much. I find that the mods are pretty bad. Most of the mods just try to make minecraft something else, like COD or left 4 dead. Thats a bad idea because 1. Minecraft is horrible with mods. 2. People can't make mods that well. Some mods are fun, but cand combine with others. Multiplayer is the only reason this game got anything over 1. Its hard to make your own server, but it is fun joining a server. Expand
  18. Dec 16, 2012
    Good game, but not technically. The game offers a nice gameplay for the first 4 hours. Then, it becomes boring and you have to play multiplayer. Multiplayer is good, and offers some plugins feature, but it can't be a very good multiplayer, since the game isn't that competitive.
  19. Nov 29, 2012
    This game never called me, just when a friend told me to give it a try i checked it out. At the beginning i got addicted to it but after playing some hours i got bored. This game at the beginning is fun, finding your first diamond but . . . it ends soon. The good thing in this game are the constant updates and the mods made by players. I think the game is expensive for what it is. TheThis game never called me, just when a friend told me to give it a try i checked it out. At the beginning i got addicted to it but after playing some hours i got bored. This game at the beginning is fun, finding your first diamond but . . . it ends soon. The good thing in this game are the constant updates and the mods made by players. I think the game is expensive for what it is. The graphics suck ba***. The first thing i noticed is the horrible graphics that almost made my eyes suicide when i saw people actually playing this but overall is not a bad game, maybe with a little more of story and more development it could have been a great game, who knows? Expand
  20. Mar 8, 2013
    I'll admit that Minecraft is a generally enjoyable game, but as a standalone title, it's a little underwhelming. The game almost relies on mods to stay interesting, whereas the base game honestly gets old pretty fast. The singleplayer "campaign" is rather dull, but the game's redemption comes into the light with the multiplayer avaliable. Plenty of servers are up 24/7, and I personallyI'll admit that Minecraft is a generally enjoyable game, but as a standalone title, it's a little underwhelming. The game almost relies on mods to stay interesting, whereas the base game honestly gets old pretty fast. The singleplayer "campaign" is rather dull, but the game's redemption comes into the light with the multiplayer avaliable. Plenty of servers are up 24/7, and I personally know 3 people who own their own. However, servers are still only interesting with mods, and as a base game, there's only so much you can do.
    In terms of standalone games, I'd recommend Terraria much more. However, if you're willing to put up with the installation of 30+ mods just to make the game better, I'd recommend this.
  21. Apr 2, 2013
    When I first started playing Minecraft it was AMAZING!!!! However, it quickly got boring due to the fact that there is no change. Survive the first night, expand during the day, hide at night, after about 2 months this quickly became repetitive and boring. It became interesting again when I started playing online with a few (3 or 4) friends, but again became very repetitive.
  22. Jul 12, 2013
    Minecraft has been a great game for all ages. You could Kill, build, and (for almost everyone) mod. The newest updates (1.6.1 & 1.6.2) have changed almost everything about this game. You need to do a lot more to mod it or add texture packs. Whatever Notch is doing he really needs to turn his act around before he crashes. I hope this turns out for the better.
  23. Jan 23, 2015
    *Graphics* No wonder so many Resource Packs have been created, being the graphics so bad. Whether such bad quality was for laziness or choice, the community had to supply what the developers didn't. Some people might like the retro atmosphere.
    *Sound* The soundtrack is just ambient music, which is seldom played, by the way. The noises monsters do are somewhat nice, and useful to recognize dangers. Sounds of crafting, mining etc. are appropriate
    *Game* Despite the continual updating and feedback, it's the community for the most part who creates what the game lacks. The absence of a tutorial of any kind forces to check the Wiki countless times; when not constantly checking the Wiki, I completely forgot that certain recipes even existed. The nice part is that one can modify the world as desired: (almost) every block is breakable, and reusable for whatever building you have in mind. Complex and bizarre mechanisms are possible thanks to the redstone components, and that's great.
    The success it had created a fervent community, but lazy developers. Overall, I would recommend the game if played on multiplayer and with the appropriate mods added.
  24. Oct 15, 2013
    While I enjoyed this game for its fun gameplay, great sandbox and creativity, it has it's drawbacks. When you first begin, you have to survive. You have to hunt, gather and create a shelter to avoid being killed. This is most certainly the best part of the game. However, after this you can just create. This is fun, but gets rather dull after a while. There is no real threat anymore. ThatWhile I enjoyed this game for its fun gameplay, great sandbox and creativity, it has it's drawbacks. When you first begin, you have to survive. You have to hunt, gather and create a shelter to avoid being killed. This is most certainly the best part of the game. However, after this you can just create. This is fun, but gets rather dull after a while. There is no real threat anymore. That is why I always play on the hardest difficulty. I think it is fun, but definitely overhyped in my opinion. Expand
  25. Oct 18, 2013
    i admit that minecraft is a original game
    it has an original gameplay
    but what can i say?
    minecraft its no for me
    i guess its not enought fun for me
    i dont see the interesting
  26. Dec 14, 2013
    it is the best sandbox open world game, however is far too complex and luck is required in the current version 12/12/13, it will most likely end up that you no life this game or die and restart over and over until boredom this game was amazing back in the day of 1.7.2 when it peaked.
  27. Dec 26, 2013
    Let's start by saying this game is pretty good. The building is easy and looks good. You can add mods to change parts of the game. Modding is very easy to do. Multiplayer keeps you playing for a long time. Generally, most of the mobs are somewhat difficult. It also allows for many different ways to play such as adventure maps, multiplayer custom gamemodes, and more. Anyone starting thisLet's start by saying this game is pretty good. The building is easy and looks good. You can add mods to change parts of the game. Modding is very easy to do. Multiplayer keeps you playing for a long time. Generally, most of the mobs are somewhat difficult. It also allows for many different ways to play such as adventure maps, multiplayer custom gamemodes, and more. Anyone starting this game would certainly enjoy it, and for a long time. But let's get to the bad.

Why this game is also pretty bad. First off, gameplay. When I am at the diamond age, what is there to do? Sure there is building, but making buildings gets boring after some time, and really doesn't do much. Sure there are bosses, such as the Ender Dragon (Boring: Swoops down every 5 minutes, and has the knockback of the devil) and the Wither (interesting, but the beacons just make the game more boring and easy: Pretty difficult to kill, gathering the materials needed to make the wither can be extremely annoying and boring), but the ender dragon barely gives you anything that is needed, and the Wither drops a star to make the beacon which makes a easy game even easier. Sure there is multiplayer, but seriously, it does get boring after a long time (Like all games do when you overplay them). Sure there are mods, but that isn't part of the game, and most make the game even easier. Sure there are new updates, which aren't very interesting, and add mostly annoying things to the game, and the developers aren't so nice/good. Take Jeb for example which says "If you don't like the game, then don't play it." Why is that bad to say? Because that means he doesn't care, and wants money since he already knows you bought the game. Then he takes bad community output from players who don't care for gameplay and want a game that is easy. I'm not even going to get into recent updates. Disgusting.

Overall, I enjoyed the game a lot, and it started a new style for gaming and graphics.
  28. Mar 17, 2014
    Minecraft is a very unique game, but does it deserve this much acclaim?

Pros:
    It gives you total freedom
    Nice LEGO style graphics

Cons:
    Dull combat
    Boring gameplay
    It's more of a toy rather than a game

Minecraft does have its moments, but it's not quite the game I wanted
  29. Dec 4, 2014
    Minecraft is a pretty good game. I purchased it around alpha-ish time.

It can be really fun, and building, while not particularly fun is satisfying. The main problem I have with it is that, after you've put maybe 10-15 hours, maybe 20, the game will get really stale unless you're really slow at the game or want to take it slowly. After that, the only thing you can really do to
    Minecraft is a pretty good game. I purchased it around alpha-ish time.

It can be really fun, and building, while not particularly fun is satisfying.

After that, the only thing you can really do to refresh it is either play with friends which is fun for a while or install mods.

Personally, apart from a few games, I feel mods can ruin a game. This is one of those games I feel is ruined by mods. It is just my opinion tho, so if you love mods whatever the game, go ahead.
  30. May 6, 2015
    + great sandbox game with unlimited creativity
    + simple and fun, lots of mods
    +great soundtrack, bought it on iTunes
    -most of the players play p2w minigame servers that destroy the point of the game (creativity! Not paying $70 for "UBER" armor)
    -trollz
    -playing in public attracts millions of 2-10 year olds
    -was more fun back in 1.9 beta when it was still not ultra popular.
  31. Dec 19, 2014
    By the end of 2012, I heard for the first time about Minecraft; People only had bad things to say about how blocky it is, as well as how it lacks graphical content. But what those people dont understand, is what the games they usually play are lacking which Minecraft has - Creativity and Fun.
    I'm a solo player, not by choice, but by extremely slow internet, and i tend to really enjoy a few hours of Minecraft every once in a while.
    Command blocks are something i havent touched yet, but i'm enjoying the creation of different factories and mechanisms with redstone.
    Exploration is also quite nice once you overcome the "i wont to break everything" phase.
    The main and only quest of the game, is to kill the Ender Dragon, which does not make any difference, if you do or dont.
    Minecraft is a great and fun game to play, but it's lacking a story line, quests, and role-playing.
    This is perhaps something that will be implemented in the near future, and it will bring in a much broader audience.
    Another huge issue i seem to have and cannot seem to get use to is the really, really bad animations that the mobs seem to have; They either walk straight, no bobbing, no attack animations, and make me wonder why im playing the game every time.
    Monster animations should be the main focus for a few months at Mojang, and Shaders are also another great concern. So based on visuals, animations and story-line, i wont be giving a great review for Minecraft. It's really good and has a massive community, but it needs a lot of work still, and fast.
  32. Jun 15, 2015
    Ah Minecraft. I loved this game early on for its capabilities for active multiplayer and the number of active servers that were available, engaging in many adventures with my friends. Now however, I don't even have the game downloaded due to the sheer lack of new stuff to do. Sure, mods solve this, but I really don't want to risk my computer's security to download stuff that would take theAh Minecraft. I loved this game early on for its capabilities for active multiplayer and the number of active servers that were available, engaging in many adventures with my friends. Now however, I don't even have the game downloaded due to the sheer lack of new stuff to do. Sure, mods solve this, but I really don't want to risk my computer's security to download stuff that would take the developers a few minutes to add. It is already out there, now just work with the developers of these mods and release an update with all sorts of bonus stuff. I would redownload the game if this were to happen.
    Secondly, this game also got boring, as the Single Player survival was extremely tedious after a while, the only fun coming in playing with TNT and Redstone. Also may I mention that this game is $27? You could almost get a used XBOX 360 with this money, but instead I spent my $27 dollars on a game I would end up deleting. This game held a lot of sentimental value to me, so I have very mixed feelings about it.
  33. Aug 12, 2015
    Back in the day i used to enjoy the game since 1.8 beta came out i stopped playing due game becoming not typical build/cooperating game now its all about hunger games and other things that makes the game very unsatisfying
  34. Jun 10, 2016
    Mine craft is not a bad game despite what the haters say, and even though fanboys worship this game like the second coming of Christ, and bloat the game's score beyond the reasonable amount, its not the best out there. Mine craft is an original and playful idea, with the whole world consisting of blocks. And sure, you CAN create anything, but for a player who isn't sparsely creative, andMine craft is not a bad game despite what the haters say, and even though fanboys worship this game like the second coming of Christ, and bloat the game's score beyond the reasonable amount, its not the best out there. Mine craft is an original and playful idea, with the whole world consisting of blocks. And sure, you CAN create anything, but for a player who isn't sparsely creative, and is a somewhat bad builder, this game gets boring quick. Mining and exploring is immense and fun, but gather enough ores, and explore the world entirely, there's just not much to look at. That's how many players feel. Modding is difficult and filled with shady websites, so its not a great option if you find vanilla boring. Expand
  35. Sep 20, 2015
    Let's face it, Minecraft had a lot of potential to be a GREAT game, but unfortunately the fandom ruined it completely. I'm not going to judge the game by it's fandom, but rather on my own experiences with the game. When I first played this game (summer of 2010), I had little to no experience, but that didn't stop me to enjoy the game. Back then until 2013, the game had a score of 8+ forLet's face it, Minecraft had a lot of potential to be a GREAT game, but unfortunately the fandom ruined it completely. I'm not going to judge the game by it's fandom, but rather on my own experiences with the game. When I first played this game (summer of 2010), I had little to no experience, but that didn't stop me to enjoy the game. Back then until 2013, the game had a score of 8+ for me, nearly perfect. But then, the raging [insert random age of young children here] came into play and ruined the multiplayer aspect of the game. But in Single Player it's still fun from time to time, but overall the multiplayer experience is almost NOT enjoyable at all. My final verdict to this game is a 6 out of 10. Expand
  36. Dec 27, 2015
    Minecraft may be fun at the start... but like every game in the world... after a while, it gets boring... like way too fast. It deserves a better rating from me but a 6 would do it. All you do is just basically build and fight to survive. Doesn't that sound fun? It does from the start.
  37. Apr 2, 2016
    Without mods this game it's not enjoyable. It's a mess to play with friends. But after all still been a good game to create your own world. If could be so much easier having this game on steam with a workshop.
    This game should be playing on free to play. Because will you pay u$s30 for only a skin and your name? Its not worth it. The community make this game so much batter than it is
  38. Apr 14, 2016
    maincrah mi amigo marcos burgos de chile juega maincrah todo el dia es una verdadera rata fanboy se sabe todos los mods y tiene un pc master race solo para el maincra.
    ma ma ma ma maincrah!!!
  39. Apr 18, 2016
    With my Minecraft experience, I put down a 6. You can definitely have fun with this game building forts and houses and visiting the netherworld. The game itself works and you can have lots of fun with friends and online. The possibilities are endless, but also pointless and repetitive too. The enemy mobs, while iconic, are worthless which can be easily avoided. This makes undergroundWith my Minecraft experience, I put down a 6. You can definitely have fun with this game building forts and houses and visiting the netherworld. The game itself works and you can have lots of fun with friends and online. The possibilities are endless, but also pointless and repetitive too. The enemy mobs, while iconic, are worthless which can be easily avoided. This makes underground exploring not very fun, and only a handful of structures are there to explore anyway. Ore mining is alright, finding diamonds is pleasant but not challenging. Some mechanics aren't thought out very well or are just unfinished. An example is potion brewing- it's pretty hard to access and the effects themselves are hard to craft, and are not TOO helpful. The game itself just seems dense from the surface, but once you dig in there actually isn't very much to see. Still, you can have some fun playing around making single player bases if that is what you really desire. The graphics and aesthetics are great which can be modified around, and the different biomes are empty inside but still pretty in their own way.

I could've easily given this game a 5 or even a 4, but since I rate games purely out of my enjoyment, I gave it an extra point. It's a decent game but I had some fun using redstone, playing with friends and joining online servers to PvP. It's still not a very fun game compared to its competitors. Minecraft is just the more popular, casual and dumbed-down sandbox version of other masterpieces.
  40. Jul 3, 2016
    I do not like multiplayer cause it's boring and has an annoying community. But the other things like realms, singleplayer, and other stuff I'm okay with but the game can get boring sometimes. I don't know if I would recommend it. Only if your really bored I guess.
  41. Jul 12, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a review of minecraft 1.10 on windows.

Minecraft is a game of pluses and minuses. Every time something good or special shows itself, something, usually from the fan base, pops up and ruins everything.

Minecraft, i find, is most fun with some friends in survival or creating something in creative. Single player survival can be boring after a bit. after issue is the online player base should you not have any online friends, as it's mostly 12 year old scum, 6 year old try hards, and 30 something people riding that youtube money train. Many of the mini game modes on it are empty on american servers, as survival games (think hunger games but worse) and factions (think some mmo with clans but worse) are the popular ones as of late. Voice chat would be nice, as way too many times have i and others been killed before we could speak.

Another thing is the nature of the game, as it runs off java, which for those 12 and under, was a basic programming code and a old 3d web browser game thing like flash was for 2d stuff. Java by this point has gone senile, a glitch randomly occurring which basically bricks your game, preventing little timmy from smashing his mother's acer facebook machine like a very colorful pinata... oh hell, that would still happen.

Honestly, if you have some friends and wait a bit for 1.10's java issues, minecraft would be a blast, but if you're looking for a fun single player or online with randos experience, looking elsewhere would be advised.
  42. Mar 1, 2017
    Minecraft is an extremely cancerous title, I cannot embrace how much negativity I have for this review (Espescially for the PC Version) let me start off by talking about the graphics, I wouldn't really **** on minecraft for having bad graphics IF it didn't have the optimization of a potato. I remember when I used to have an r7 240 minecraft at medium settings ran at 80FPS. Lets compareMinecraft is an extremely cancerous title, I cannot embrace how much negativity I have for this review (Espescially for the PC Version) let me start off by talking about the graphics, I wouldn't really **** on minecraft for having bad graphics IF it didn't have the optimization of a potato. I remember when I used to have an r7 240 minecraft at medium settings ran at 80FPS. Lets compare this to a game that actually uses graphics as an resource and actually looks better at even low settings. CSGO performs at high settings at 80fps. So how come a game revolving around blocks have the optimization that no other game should have? Simple developers were lazy as **** so they decided to just use a script for websites and phones instead of using a real game engine. I feel as if they should create minecraft on a completely new game engine (sort of like the Windows 10 version) however actually make it the EXACT same thing it is now. Another thing is the physics. They are stupid and actually dont make sense at all. The sense of creativity and exploration is the only good thing that brings me in. Mods and Friends are the only things that make this game even worth money. Minecraft creates a world which is easy to explore but annoying to play in.

Verdict: If you like adventure games and exploring with friends, then maybe you should pick up Minecraft however this game is not worth its retail price as it is the exact same thing equivalent to tetris except its not optimized

Pros:
    Fun Exploration
    Online Play
    Mod Support

Cons:
    Worst Optimization ever
    Bad graphics *For Optimization Primarily*
    Community is worst then Call of Duty
    Milked from Bad Youtubers
  43. Oct 6, 2016
    Let me sum up why Minecraft should seriously try a little harder by showing you an example featuring one of it's rivals that it is frequently compared to - Terraria. Ok, so in Minecraft you have the bow. In Terraria you have 26 bows all with different powers. Plus Minecraft isn't on Steam, which sucks a whole bunch.
  44. May 5, 2017
    This is the only version worth playing. You can get maps, mods, and play on servers. Console edition doesn't have that (except mini game mode) It gets boring fast. I recommend this to kids and people who really loves sandbox games.
  45. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Either it was too nerdy and over my head or too boring. I stopped playing before I could figure it out. It probably just needs some hot cars with gold teeth explosions and a Disturbed soundtrack. Expand
  46. Nov 25, 2011
    Minecraft is... okay, especially with friends. But I don't think it has the appeal of a fully finished game. Notch did a terrific job of creating this environment in which people can explore, build, or fight, but I feel as if each part of the game is unfinished. Mods do a very, very, VERY good job of fixing this, and some of the mods I have used truly blow my mind with how good they canMinecraft is... okay, especially with friends. But I don't think it has the appeal of a fully finished game. Notch did a terrific job of creating this environment in which people can explore, build, or fight, but I feel as if each part of the game is unfinished. Mods do a very, very, VERY good job of fixing this, and some of the mods I have used truly blow my mind with how good they can make Minecraft. But Notch hasn't finished the Mod API, and even when he does it will be heavily restrictive. I think that if Notch wanted to, he could literally just leave everything to modders, and the game would improve drastically. Modders can create content for the game, for free, that is often of a higher quality than elements made by Notch. It's pretty much free labor by enthusiasts. Expand
  47. Feb 13, 2012
    I was born a hugely creative person. I focus on artwork, screenplays, and am trying to make headway in the film world. As either a screenwriter or possibly director. I am also a gamer, and have been seeking out creative games. I loved the old rpg maker, little big planet. Any opportunity I get to create something I take it. This game had a fantastic initial impression, It was far betterI was born a hugely creative person. I focus on artwork, screenplays, and am trying to make headway in the film world. As either a screenwriter or possibly director. I am also a gamer, and have been seeking out creative games. I loved the old rpg maker, little big planet. Any opportunity I get to create something I take it. This game had a fantastic initial impression, It was far better than I was expecting. I purchased it when it was in early alpha. And while it's a good game - it's not the game I want it to be. While it's very fun going onto peoples servers and looking at what insane rpg-like creations they have made - and it's even more fun creating underground worlds. In every way that I want this game to be more, it dead ends. It's great for spending a lot of time in, but like most mmo games. It leaves you hollow. In this case it's more noble than a mmo's purposeful time consuming-for-money content. It's simply the lack of evolution. To sum it up. This game is brilliant. It's just not as brilliant as it has the potential to be. And as a result I see nothing but limitations. Expand
  48. Nov 23, 2011
    The reason i give this game is because modders made the game so interesting yet notch just throws a half baked game at you. Notch is the founder of Minecraft btw. So basically its a good game, amazing idea, PERFECT execution. Why a 5 then? Cuz notch is now too busy getting laid and signing papers to care about the game anymore. There used to be HUGE updates, upgrading visual effect andThe reason i give this game is because modders made the game so interesting yet notch just throws a half baked game at you. Notch is the founder of Minecraft btw. So basically its a good game, amazing idea, PERFECT execution. Why a 5 then? Cuz notch is now too busy getting laid and signing papers to care about the game anymore. There used to be HUGE updates, upgrading visual effect and quality, more content....now they just fix bugs and leave it at that...i see modders who spend 2 days making a mod and BAM! we have small clay soldiers having a war, or a giant world where you and your friend have a all out war with skeletons and zombies with explosions eveywhere and upgraded combat algorithms! Yet Notch and his small team take a month to fix a bug where a monster accidently kills himself all the time cuz he touches water....like wow. So basically the game gets a 10, the developers now get a 0. So overall the package is a 5 because if you want to have fun you are going to mod. Thats the end of it. Expand
  49. May 2, 2012
    A fun game when I first discovered it; I was hooked for hours on end like everyone else. Then something strange happened; when the money began rolling in the updates began faltering and became more and more unimaginative. It seemed strange to me as you would think money would spur the developers on to create better content but it didn't. Unfortunately once the novelty had wore off I sawA fun game when I first discovered it; I was hooked for hours on end like everyone else. Then something strange happened; when the money began rolling in the updates began faltering and became more and more unimaginative. It seemed strange to me as you would think money would spur the developers on to create better content but it didn't. Unfortunately once the novelty had wore off I saw the game for what it really was; a shining gem becoming more and more dulled down when people (mainly the developers) lost interest in it. Expand
  50. Dec 22, 2011
    I don't get it, how can Notch release a game that is half complete and has loads of bugs in it? All the ideas and stuff Notch stole from mods like alchemy. Not worth more than £8 id say
  51. Feb 1, 2012
    In my opinion, Minecraft was fun and Notch was being a cool guy and listening to his fans and adding stuff on their opinions, however the fun stopped when the full game was released. The full game didn't have much news things then anticipated, just beta but with like 10 new things. Minecraft had its time in the sun at around beta when all was well and everything was fun however the "FullIn my opinion, Minecraft was fun and Notch was being a cool guy and listening to his fans and adding stuff on their opinions, however the fun stopped when the full game was released. The full game didn't have much news things then anticipated, just beta but with like 10 new things. Minecraft had its time in the sun at around beta when all was well and everything was fun however the "Full Game" was quite disappointing and that just made me think that it wasn't worth playing. I liked it for like 2 weeks but that's it; the game is still crawling with bugs and the promising "Full Version" was a complete let down. Expand
  52. Nov 23, 2011
    I'm one of Minecraft's earliest followers and players. It first came to my attention in the summer of 2009, and from the very first screenshot I knew this game has more potential than anything released in the past 5 years. It is such a shame most of the potential was wasted. The game was still on the right track in the first months of 2010, with /indev/'s release and the addition ofI'm one of Minecraft's earliest followers and players. It first came to my attention in the summer of 2009, and from the very first screenshot I knew this game has more potential than anything released in the past 5 years. It is such a shame most of the potential was wasted. The game was still on the right track in the first months of 2010, with /indev/'s release and the addition of crafting, fighting and resource-oriented gameplay. Unfortunately, from that point onward the game didn't change one bit. Sure, new blocks were added and mobs were created, but that is all just framework around the same shallow concept of building a shelter and mining for diamonds. If you enjoy legos, you'll probably enjoy Minecraft. If you seek a real GAME, or at least a decent resource collection and management game, you should look somewhere else, because Minecraft isn't for you. Expand
  53. Nov 24, 2011
    Summary: A quirky, unique indie game rocketed to popularity by Penny Arcade, run by a greedy bearded Swede with an over-inflated ego.

I've played minecraft since maybe a month after they first released SMP (multiplayer) mode. I wish I could say it's come a long way since then, but in reality, it hasn't. Markus Persson (Notch) who originally coded the game obviously has very little experience with actual game design and optimization in Java, and as a result, Minecraft will tax your computers resources more than its blocky voxelized graphics would lead you to believe.

Like other games to come before it, the mod community absolutely makes this game, and Notch is in complete denial about this fact. The game is still missing fundamental features and sorely needed code optimization, but instead Mojang insists on adding cake and dragons.

This game is in no way complete, finished, or polished and as such it is rather sad to see the metacritic score eclipsing the mirror-finish polished Skyrim. Don't let its "1.0" version denotation fool you into thinking this game is any less beta than before, it is still sorely lacking on features.
  54. Nov 17, 2011
    The game used to be a lot more entertaining back then, when it wasn't too popular. I remember when me, my brother and a couple friends played it. We were like totally addicted, but now it has just lost it's meaning. It's another game among many others, there's no signs of unique. It just reminds me of another zombie survival game. Repetitive and boring.
  55. Nov 22, 2011
    Minecraft is a game about moving blocks around. At its most basic, it's digital legos, but it also has monsters and a bit of a survival horror aspect to it. It's a fun and enjoyable way to blow some many hours, and it's a good deal for the price. But the fun wanes very rapidly, and the game has extremely little by way of content compared to other games that encompass the building genre,Minecraft is a game about moving blocks around. At its most basic, it's digital legos, but it also has monsters and a bit of a survival horror aspect to it. It's a fun and enjoyable way to blow some many hours, and it's a good deal for the price. But the fun wanes very rapidly, and the game has extremely little by way of content compared to other games that encompass the building genre, such as Dwarf Fortress and Terraria. This is the game that exploded in hype, mostly due to graphics and payment model, but it's not really the best of its kind. Expand
  56. Nov 22, 2011
    While the game is amazing, fun and very addictive, it loses it's "umf" quite fast.
    The game has and have so much potential, but the developers promise content but fails to deliver.
    So many good ideas have been up, but rejected again or just left alone not to be mentioned again. I have played quite a few hours though (a lot actually) and Mojang made a decent game. However, most of the

However, most of the fun i've had is from modders and mappers, creating stuff beyond belief.
    The community of Minecraft is partly why I play the game, it is so creative and helps to keep me interested.
    So to sum it up, Mojang laid the foundation and the modders built the house.

Which is also why I only deem it worthy of a 5.

What should they do for me to give them more than 5 ?
    Make more stuff ! there are so many brilliant promising modders out there who can really contribute to the quality of the game.
  57. Dec 8, 2011
    Minecraft, while being slightly entertaining, is almost completely pointless. The only value it holds for me is that it is virtual legos. Being a Voxel game, the graphics dont bother me. what does is the lack of objectives. While I know the game designer didnt want to be objectives, I feel like a guiding hand would have been helpful even if its a manuel in your inventory. Not only did theMinecraft, while being slightly entertaining, is almost completely pointless. The only value it holds for me is that it is virtual legos. Being a Voxel game, the graphics dont bother me. what does is the lack of objectives. While I know the game designer didnt want to be objectives, I feel like a guiding hand would have been helpful even if its a manuel in your inventory. Not only did the game seem to randomly start, it didnt give any instuructions. it simply was 'Here is the game, play it." Even giving directions on how to make a crafting table would have been helpful. Not only does "Virtual Legos" come without a manuel, it also is way over priced. I do not believe that minecraft is worth more than $5. It is possible for you to get a few good hours out of the game, but i would suggested not wasting your time. Expand
  58. Dec 19, 2011
    Meh...the graphics and game play looks like something that was produced in the 80s, sanbox or not , the windows paint program is more creative xP. Sims or for that matter Spore offers more exciting build features. But to each his own
  59. Jan 21, 2012
    The singleplayer is quite fun for awhile as long as you have imagination, but once you show off all your things to your friends, it starts to become boring as you no longer have a purpose of making things. The multiplayer would be awesome, but it just has too many trolls and griefers to show off your creations to the whole world because one you leave, and the next morning you get up andThe singleplayer is quite fun for awhile as long as you have imagination, but once you show off all your things to your friends, it starts to become boring as you no longer have a purpose of making things. The multiplayer would be awesome, but it just has too many trolls and griefers to show off your creations to the whole world because one you leave, and the next morning you get up and get on, your awesome creation would probably be destroyed and replaced with some crappy wood house. The graphics are bad, but its okay to live with, but in all, I don't think the game is worth $27, I bought GMOD for $10 and its basically a builder game too but with better graphics. Overall, an overpriced game that gets boring after awhile. Expand
  60. Jan 25, 2012
    Minecraft is fun when your first get it, it gives you an amazing feeling of solitude (before caveman squidwards were implemented) and then your entertained as you discover recipies and find your first diamond.

However if your like me, who likes goals in games, once you have everything what is there to do? Also not to mention there is a massive bug list for the game which have yet to be fixed. The players are the people that make minecraft fun by creating custom maps/skins and mods. It also seems notch is milking the cow a bit too much i mean look. minecraft lego? If they introduce DLC that'l prove my theory.

To the point - good game for a little while, but for the price you can get more entertaining games with less bugs and more fulfilled dev promises.
  61. Jan 27, 2012
    All you do in MineCraft is smack everything with whatever's in your hand.I'll only respect that retro gamers will like this game, but not much else...
  62. Feb 10, 2012
    Yeah it has some good stuff in it but after a few hours you feel like you want something .... lets say more!
  63. Feb 13, 2012
    I was hearing alot about this game being so much fun...bought it and was disappointed. The concept was cool but it got very repetitive and with repetition comes boredom.
  64. Feb 29, 2012
    Most overrated game so far.
    I can only wonder if today's reviewers are thoroughly corrupt, or retarded.
    Most overrated game so far.
    I can only wonder if today's reviewers are thoroughly corrupt, or retarded.
    It's not a bad game, but it simply isn't worthy of such a rating, it's rather simple and casual, little work was put into it; crude graphics; features left out, the developers are lazy and would rather pocket the millons than put any money into the title. Their greed even resulted in raising the price over time rather than lowering it.
  65. Mar 7, 2012
    If you like horror games like President Evil then you will like minecraft. You play as man trapped in strange land, where every night zombies and monsters try to kill him. you have to fight off the zombies until daytime, when they go away and you can find food to get health back. This game have fully destructionable terrain, which is thing i like, but there are no bombs or guns to blow itIf you like horror games like President Evil then you will like minecraft. You play as man trapped in strange land, where every night zombies and monsters try to kill him. you have to fight off the zombies until daytime, when they go away and you can find food to get health back. This game have fully destructionable terrain, which is thing i like, but there are no bombs or guns to blow it up so i don't really see the point. Also, i think the daytime last to long because it kind of boring after you heal yourself since theres no zombies and nothing to do. also this game is very hard since zombies come out of nowhere behind you, i don't no why people say this game is good for beginners. i give this game 5/10 because the grafics arent so good and it gets kind of repetive. Expand
  66. Mar 7, 2012
    I am going to give this game a 5/10 because it is a good game, but has shipped incomplete. Things have gotten better through patches, but the fact that it shipped incomplete is bad. My other issue with this game is that there is not a lot of enjoyment with single player, but most of the fun comes from playing with friends online. It has become an industry standard that a friends list isI am going to give this game a 5/10 because it is a good game, but has shipped incomplete. Things have gotten better through patches, but the fact that it shipped incomplete is bad. My other issue with this game is that there is not a lot of enjoyment with single player, but most of the fun comes from playing with friends online. It has become an industry standard that a friends list is included, however in this game it is not. A great game with some serious holes. Would recommenced this game to only people who I though would enjoy it. Expand
  67. Apr 9, 2012
    If you had asked me during the beta and alpha stage I would have given it an 8 or 9 but now? It lost its magic for me with the addition of hunger and experience and new combat and bigger caves and mine shafts, you get the picture. Somehow it wasn't that cute little game that I found out by Good Game. It had changed in a very subtle way and it wasn't until I updated to 1.0 that I realised,If you had asked me during the beta and alpha stage I would have given it an 8 or 9 but now? It lost its magic for me with the addition of hunger and experience and new combat and bigger caves and mine shafts, you get the picture. Somehow it wasn't that cute little game that I found out by Good Game. It had changed in a very subtle way and it wasn't until I updated to 1.0 that I realised, I don't love minecraft anymore. Yes it was "better" in the fact that it had more features but it wasn't the game I fell in love with in those alpha and pre 1.8 beta stages. I remember discovering redstone and having no clue what it was, having the game minimized so that I could look up the crafting recipes on the wiki, painfully discovering only 2 diamonds and never finding anymore and eventually getting so lost and deciding that I would never find my house again. So I deleted the world. I actually felt something, that I had lost everything I had done in that world and it really mattered to me. Looking back I realise that my water trench could have been better if I had used buckets and that my infinite water reserve actually didn't work, that I could smelt the cobblestone in my house to make it stone and make it prettier and I could have probably discovered more iron and diamonds if I had dug deeper. Now days I can't stop deleting worlds because "their not quite right". RIP Minecraft I loved you and I will treasure those moments we had together but now it's time to move on. I give it a 5 for the memories that I had, but the magic that it lost. Expand
  68. Dcy
    Apr 9, 2012
    This game is very entertaining at first, but next it begins to be boring and minecraft was better a long time ago, everytime they do a patch, minecraft is less minecraft
  69. May 24, 2015
    Minecraft is okay. I think it's good that this is influencing kids now more than things like call of duty. This game promotes creativity and teaches kids about the joys of things like survival, exploration, building, crafting, and various other activities. Sure, it may be annoying to hear about it all the time, but like it or not, Minecraft is going to pave the way for a better generationMinecraft is okay. I think it's good that this is influencing kids now more than things like call of duty. This game promotes creativity and teaches kids about the joys of things like survival, exploration, building, crafting, and various other activities. Sure, it may be annoying to hear about it all the time, but like it or not, Minecraft is going to pave the way for a better generation of gamers than the last. Expand
  70. Jun 10, 2012
    The game is overpriced and rated. You know, it's not nearly as good as it used to be. The community went from just small groups of PC players to 10 year old hackers and admin abusers. The developers aren't trying nearly as hard as they used to. I also don't complain or care about graphics but i got to say, sometimes it looks like **** The graphics doesn't make the game so it's not a bigThe game is overpriced and rated. You know, it's not nearly as good as it used to be. The community went from just small groups of PC players to 10 year old hackers and admin abusers. The developers aren't trying nearly as hard as they used to. I also don't complain or care about graphics but i got to say, sometimes it looks like **** The graphics doesn't make the game so it's not a big problem. 25$ is overpriced for a game that isn't very good but if you are getting it to play with a friend i recommend buying. I think the game should be $20 at most but not much you can do about it. Considering most of the PC community plays it, you should already have it but if you don't then plan on playing for a while to learn everything. Expand
  71. Syn
    Jun 10, 2012
    The first time I played Minecraft was when it was in the Alpha stage. At this time, it seemed like a very innovative and fun game; the voxel-based design along with the sandbox/survival game mode truly made the idea of Minecraft unique. Leading to Minecraft receiving critical acclaim, along with claiming the Indie Game of the Year award from IndeDB in 2010.

However, within recent years,

However, within recent years, the game seems to have not developed as well as it could have done. The game (to date) is still quite buggy. Additionally, the 'hype' which builds up
  72. Jun 20, 2012
    Some interesting and fun concepts, but 27 DOLLARS! FOR 8 - BIT GRAPHICS. This game should be 10 to 15 bucks. At its current price it is a rip off. NO PS3 EDITION! this is simply unforgivable.
  73. Jul 5, 2012
    As a player, my feelings for this game are mixed. It was initially a fabulous game. But that was when Notch was actually doing what he said he would. This was initially an unfinished game under construction, but the construction has stopped for the most part. It takes the game devs months to come out with tiny updates, and those updates are almost always stolen ideas from the modding fanAs a player, my feelings for this game are mixed. It was initially a fabulous game. But that was when Notch was actually doing what he said he would. This was initially an unfinished game under construction, but the construction has stopped for the most part. It takes the game devs months to come out with tiny updates, and those updates are almost always stolen ideas from the modding fan base. If he's going to use the modders' idea, he should make a software that helps easily find and install good mods. Instead, he makes it as hard a possible to install a mod, for the sole purpose of stealing their ideas. Take a look at pistons. The pistons mod was out much earlier than the update. So many people are too blind to take off their nostalgia glasses and look at the reality of the game. Minecraft isn't a game. Is a foundation for the game. And the ones who are making the real game are the modders, who Notch steals from without crediting. The updates have stopped coming, he's deceiving his growing fan base, and committing theft against people who have tried their hardest to make their mark on the gaming community. Far too many people are patient with this game, though the updates don't come and it's but a shell, a skeleton yet to be fleshed out. This game doesn't even have it's basics down yet, the combat is a painful distraction to whatever you're trying to accomplish, yet the game feels empty without it. The reason for that is that the game is ,in fact empty, and the combat system is just a shroud for that. This game lacks the detail and content which thirty dollars is worth, and though I do play it, it is with many mods. This game is incomplete, yet tries to pass itself off as if it were a full game, which is nothing but horrible deception. The bias of the "Critics" is beyond demented, and it's like that for many games. Check the user reviews, understand that the critics are critics, not gamers, not players, but critics. This game is a plague on the community until Notch gets off his high horse and realises that Minecraft is still an incomplete piece of crap. Expand
  74. Sep 2, 2012
    Minecraft was a good game, when notch was developping it, he listened to fans and updated according to that, but now that he has left, he has let a drunk phyco run the game
    Really? emeralds? stupid annoying npc's and extreme lag even if the graphics are bad
    I'd say that if notch dosent get his fat- ass on that developer chair again, minecraft will go to a wonderfull and fun indie to a
    wonderfull and fun indie to a complete disaster
    im giving a 5 because of minecraft before
  75. Oct 2, 2012
    The FACEBOOK of level design. Facebook, and before that MySpace and web"blogs", made having your own 'webpage' available to everyone. Minecraft makes level or map design available to everyone. In the past this was limited to people who could understand the design tools for a given game. They've simplified it enough that everyone can create, and the people flocked to them, in some casesThe FACEBOOK of level design. Facebook, and before that MySpace and web"blogs", made having your own 'webpage' available to everyone. Minecraft makes level or map design available to everyone. In the past this was limited to people who could understand the design tools for a given game. They've simplified it enough that everyone can create, and the people flocked to them, in some cases not even sure why they loved this 'game' so much. Guitar Hero tapped in to that for music. The question we should each be asking ourselves is probably: what's the next creative activity that we can make so brain-dead simple, that we'll all want to do it? Because like my friend Thomas is fond of saying, "this isn't really a game, it's a system for tapping into a deep seated cognitive bias: that we all want to create."

Perhaps story writing can be simplified further. In a way, blogs, D&D, TheSims, Civilization, and Neverwinter nights have made that possible, but it isn't yet easy enough to link words, and music, and visual content. So are you going to be the next multimillionaire? Hopefully this will inspire someone.

(What shall we call it? Storycraft? BookBook? :))
  76. Apr 18, 2015
    It took me many attempts to actually somewhat enjoy this game in the end. It has a new type of gameplay (especially for the time when it was first released and before many of its clones came out). It's mostly about digging ores and then crafting items. Also some players (especially small kids) will be interested to build toy houses from blocks. Aside from the primitive survival andIt took me many attempts to actually somewhat enjoy this game in the end. It has a new type of gameplay (especially for the time when it was first released and before many of its clones came out). It's mostly about digging ores and then crafting items. Also some players (especially small kids) will be interested to build toy houses from blocks. Aside from the primitive survival and fighting mechanic, it's mostly just a Lego constructor. Terraria and Don't Starve are much better games because they add a purpose to the whole thing. Minecraft is very unfriendly to new players: for the recipes you have to go to online wikis, management of the inventory is tedious, and the graphics are ugly, especially those of the mobs. Still, even if it's a somewhat enjoyable game, it doesn't deserve the hype around it at all. Expand
  77. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Minecraft is a good game, but Terraria is better. What to do after you beat enderdragon? Sit around punching creepers with a stick? It is still a good game, but I prefer Terraria more... Expand
  78. Dec 7, 2012
    The best minecraft version is, hands down, 1.7. All versions above that suck. Mojang just ruined the game with RPG stuff and **** and released the game in a BUGGY STATE.
  79. May 28, 2013
    Minecraft was an Action/RPG/Sandbox game but they changed it to Sandbox/Survival game,i dont know if i recommende it, this game is an OPEN WORLD that load chuncks and i hate it beacuse it lags.
    If you an old,bad computer you wont run it so good with mods like Mo creatures.
    If you an old,bad computer you wont run it so good with mods like Mo creatures.
    The game is avarage for SP but i really recommend SMP(Survival Multi Player) i like Vanilia servers but Bukkit servers are the modded ones that have "Plugins" Plugins are like a mod my favorite plugins are the ones that allows you to protect your stuff i.e chest,personal door etc.
    This game has many items,2 bosses,many blocks and the 2 bosses are:Wither and Ender Dragon.
    Wither is a boss that gives you "Wither" effect that is like Poison but you cant see your hearts
    *WARNING THOSE PARAGRAPHS CONTAINS SPOILERS*Ender Dragon is the final boss that you must defeat when you defeat him you get 120+ levels for enchaments and 1 Ender dragon egg,to get the egg you must have a Piston and a lever.
    When the Wither patch was in minecraft the sky was darker when you didnt defeat
    Gameplay is not too great but it was their first game created
    Enchantments are terrible,i recommend to save your xp if you dont have too many bookselves beacuse level 30 is the good enchantment but still you get bad enchants so if you click 1-29 levels you get bad enchants.
    I recommend to play the Demo version
  80. Dec 22, 2012
    Is quite a bit of fun at first. Especially if played with friends but it gets old fairly quickly. Even with mods and creative mode, I didn't put any more than 20 hours with this game. I wanted to like it (many of my friends play it) but it seems the objective of the game is to build things just to look at them. That concept is fun for a while but won't keep you coming back for more
  81. Feb 3, 2013
    An interesting concept that comes with MANY flaws, and is as boring as hell.
    An interesting concept that comes with MANY flaws, and is as boring as hell.
    Minecraft is quite a revolutionary game that attracted tens of millions of players from around the world. Once you get past the fact that the graphics are absolutely terrible, Minecraft is actually quite an addicting game. In Minecraft, you can build just about anything. From a dirt house to a functioning Television, the possibilities are basically infinite. The multiplayer is extremely fun. Minecraft is a great way to hang out with friends online in a casual setting.
    However, Minecraft has terrible gameplay outside of building. You generally have no sense of progression, and reaching the "end game" only takes about a week to do. The minecraft community is terrible. I mean, i don't think i even have to explain that. The music in Minecraft is awful, and generally, It's really a boring game.
    The most points i can give Minecraft is about 6/10, but the fact that is is a complete ripoff drops it down to a 5 for me.
  82. Feb 14, 2013
    Minecraft was a very fun game. It quickly became boring during the full release phase. It just doesn't have that feeling of adventure and creativity anymore from recent patches. They didn't add much to the game.
  83. Mar 21, 2013
    At first I thought WOW!! Really? I can do anything." And when I did just that...I sat there. Bored, so what did I do? Went online to share it of course. Only to be greeted by obnoxious children, clearly brain dead from playing the game too long and arrogant administrators who just want your cash. While the game is creative it is also pointless and aimless, some of the things i've seenAt first I thought WOW!! Really? I can do anything." And when I did just that...I sat there. Bored, so what did I do? Went online to share it of course. Only to be greeted by obnoxious children, clearly brain dead from playing the game too long and arrogant administrators who just want your cash. While the game is creative it is also pointless and aimless, some of the things i've seen built are magnificent but a lot of them are just uninspired. You feel as if you've just been dropped somewhere and forced to do things, kind of like school really. The "mobs" are at first exciting but they soon become boring and you just don't care anymore. Obviously the graphics is bad and texture packs still don't make any difference but I don't care, its not a graphics reliant game. The "game" has no....gameplay, I would recommend you attend an oriental zen garden class rather than Minecraft, leave all the Minecraft players in their dark caves... Expand
  84. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is overrated. The mechanics themselves are poor. Of course you can spent a lot of time and be creative, but then its like a 3D-Paint programm. Of course you can make some funny things with red stones too, but honestly, i wouldnt pay over 10€ für a java written unpeformant game like that.
    Its a okay game, but nothing more. To less content and bad implementation for a higher rating.
  85. EGB
    Jul 27, 2013
    Minecraft has steered away completely from what it originally was. That original idea is far gone now. The game is now in a confused state where it does not know whether to be an RPG or a Sandbox game. The game is filled up with little useless content.

If only Minecraft focused on adding more content, mechanisms, bug fixing, multiplayer stability, tools, modding possibilities. Notch,

Notch, you should have listened to yourself and made the game what you originally wanted it to be.
  86. Aug 20, 2013
    Not really even a game. Sure, it has bundles of entertainment value. Sure, the skies the limit when it comes to what one can do. Sure, it can be modded into the depths of Hades, but when it comes down to the brass tacks the game just lacks inherent substance. Much of the praise for the title comes from the idea that there is literally oceans of potential, potential that is left to theNot really even a game. Sure, it has bundles of entertainment value. Sure, the skies the limit when it comes to what one can do. Sure, it can be modded into the depths of Hades, but when it comes down to the brass tacks the game just lacks inherent substance. Much of the praise for the title comes from the idea that there is literally oceans of potential, potential that is left to the creativity of the player to attain. It's just a framework for the user to nucleate their hopes and desires. The developers haven't done enough to give a definite experience. There's almost too much freedom. It's like they just gave a peasant an empty plot of land and neglected to provide any instruction. Granted, the newly minted farmer can grow whatever they choose but I'm sure the majority of the impoverished would much rather prefer some stuff on it initially. I liken it to a three dimensional Microsoft paint in which the artistically inclined are unlimited in their scope whereas the majority of the uninspired will grow bored of it in an hour. Expand
  87. Aug 15, 2013
    I've been thinking about it for quite a while, but in the end I could not give this game the passing grade. Let me get this straight, this game has an awesome, innovative gameplay mechanic, and that's the reason I'm so upset to see it wasted so much. Once the game became popular things has just gotten increasingly worse. The medium "consumer" of minecraft now is a ten to fourteen years oldI've been thinking about it for quite a while, but in the end I could not give this game the passing grade. Let me get this straight, this game has an awesome, innovative gameplay mechanic, and that's the reason I'm so upset to see it wasted so much. Once the game became popular things has just gotten increasingly worse. The medium "consumer" of minecraft now is a ten to fourteen years old kid that wants everything right away, leading the dev to implement "stuff" just for the sake of it, without gaving it any real ingame purpose, balancement, or effort required in order to attain it. The real potential of the game has been ignored and rpg like features has been added to make it more commercial and appealing to the casual gamer. And the bugs. The game is just full of them and every release adds more than it solves. This is a real pity, but it almost looks like the devs doesn't even care about it anymore, Minecraft maked them rich, why should they bother? This game could have scored ten, and probably someone will soon make the game that Minecraft was meant to be, I'm looking forward to that while I watch another great game get beaten into commercial rubbish. Expand
  88. Dec 29, 2013
    Minecraft is probably going to be the hardest thing to review because sometimes the community pushes me to call it a horrible game but sometimes it can be addicting so well i'll give it a 5 because the developers are making horrible decisions with a game that has much potential. But it's not entirely the devs fault Minecraft is a 6 to 12 year old magnet and since the devs listen to theMinecraft is probably going to be the hardest thing to review because sometimes the community pushes me to call it a horrible game but sometimes it can be addicting so well i'll give it a 5 because the developers are making horrible decisions with a game that has much potential. But it's not entirely the devs fault Minecraft is a 6 to 12 year old magnet and since the devs listen to the people who don't actually know what their talking about we have a game that's aging very quickly for the people like me who have played it for 3 years. Expand
  89. Jul 30, 2013
    Well, as someone who played the game before it became a giant gaming staple, here's what I think:
    Minecraft is a good game, if you can call it that. It really is. It's fun, engaging, creative, and endless. However, Minecraft's many fallacies are covered up by it's community, who seem to worship Mojang as if they're gods.
    Fallacy number 1: It's not a game. It isn't. It's like playing with
    Fallacy number 1: It's not a game. It isn't. It's like playing with Legos. Sure, you can fight stuff, and fight bosses, but that doesn't make it a game. You can play with Lego figures and make them fight. That doesn't make Lego a game. It's a toybox/sandbox, and really nothing else. The gameplay is repetitive and gets boring after a while.
    Fallacy number 2: Updates. Minecraft's updates used to add new things that build onto the gameplay, not worthless things like more biomes and potions. Minecraft no longer progresses.
    Fallacy number 3 (the BIG one): Community. Minecraft's community sucks, plain and simple. It's full of moronic fanboys who bought the game because it's popular. The defend Minecraft and Mojang with their lives, despite Mojang being uncaring for it's fans.
    So there it is. You may not like it. You may have already disliked this review. I do, however, enjoy Minecraft once in a while. It's not the best game ever as some people say, but it's fun once in a while.
  90. May 17, 2014
    Now, let me make this clear, I don't HATE minecraft, as it is a VERY well made game!
    but the real problem lays within the community. Sure, the mods are fun, and I spent quite a while
    playing M.C.A. or minecraft comes alive But when XBOX players criticize a port thats NOT on XBOX for not being on XBOX (and not even trying it), and your community starts going on a rampage of calling everything a "ripoff" and not giving poor devs a chance, even if their game is very original or good in its own ways, I'm done. Minecraft is fun, and multiplayer CAN be fun, but I'm not so sure your game is safe when you have a pirated version out there donning the title "minecraftSP" for free, I have a bad feeling.
    5 OUT OF 10 FOR THE COMMUNITY, 8 OUT OF 10 FOR THE GAME.
  91. Nov 13, 2013
    this game is thought of as the best building game around by a lot of people but when you think about the fact that the graphics are bad you place down cubes and half cubes and its still thought of to be the best how low are you standards for a building game then.they have to be really low may be the best of its kind but its not a very good game still
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm going to come out of the Hedgerow of the gaming industry and really say the truth of what I think of this game, I don't like it I think it's boring I made a house out of mud, wow cool. I'm sorry They are blocks, I can easily make these 'Top' rated builds with my eyes closed, there's no still involved only placing of blocks and patience.

Mojang's games are terrible only Minecraft

Mojang's games are terrible only Minecraft managed to shine because it's 'okay' hell i don't think it is and before you strike me down everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I love multiple genres of games, this just doesn't shine off the dome I'm sorry, at-least i'm not getting paid to lie about how good it is.
  93. Jan 2, 2014
    minecraft is fun at first but gets way to repetitive after your first few times playing though it. trust me every time you start a world you chop down a tree look for coal then make your first base. it fun for the first time but after a few times it really turns you off of the game
  94. Apr 2, 2014
    Minecraft us a fun game, in the beginning after a while it really begins to loose it's charm. It also irritates me that Mojang (the creators of minecraft) could make an AWESOME game out of This by wedding simple bit fun changes (making blocking effective, more types of armor/weapons and USEFULL NPC's) but instead they add carpets....
  95. Oct 13, 2014
    This game used to be good back when Notch was in charge, but now it has gone over the cliff. A fun game single-player, but often repetitive and boring as all hell.
    5/10 - Ben Hazelden
  96. Feb 9, 2015
    In my honest opinion this game IS overrated , and i'm saying this after i had been playing it for the last year . When i started it was very fun , that's because you had absolutely no idea of what was going on , you didn't know how to craft things and what to look for when you start on a new world . At this point the game is a blast to play , many biomes waiting for you to discover them ,In my honest opinion this game IS overrated , and i'm saying this after i had been playing it for the last year . When i started it was very fun , that's because you had absolutely no idea of what was going on , you didn't know how to craft things and what to look for when you start on a new world . At this point the game is a blast to play , many biomes waiting for you to discover them , tons of mobs and generally you get the feeling of being defenceless while you have a constant urge to keep going and going until you discover something new . Until there really isn't anything you haven't discovered . Techically you can build anything you can imagine but after a while most people just don't get the same amount of satisfaction from it . To be fair this game is the king of this sandbox-type games genre but after a while you realise that it doesn't really offer you anything anymore . To this day , i still visit minecraft once in a while in hopes of falling in love with it again but i always end up leaving the game after 5 minutes . Nevertheless , Minecraft will have a soft spot on my heart as it was one of these games that i really enjoyed but in the day . Expand
  97. Jan 3, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 54/100
    Mein User Score = 5/10
  98. Jan 5, 2017
    I REALLY didn't enjoy a lot of my time on this one. I tried it out because all my pals said it was "cool" and "fantastic" and "flawless" and then I played it...I don't agree. The pixel art style mixed with 3D visuals reminds me a lot of mode 7 on the SNES and the music fits the atmosphere perfectly...but it all goes downhill from here. The gameplay I find repetitive. And creative mode isI REALLY didn't enjoy a lot of my time on this one. I tried it out because all my pals said it was "cool" and "fantastic" and "flawless" and then I played it...I don't agree. The pixel art style mixed with 3D visuals reminds me a lot of mode 7 on the SNES and the music fits the atmosphere perfectly...but it all goes downhill from here. The gameplay I find repetitive. And creative mode is surprisingly BORING. And since said creative mode is basically 1 out of 2 main gameplay modes this means I find half of the game BORING. Minecraft isn't a terrible game, by any means I do kind of recommend it for the graphics and sound and possibly the combat, but those who get bored easily and don't like games that have a fanbase comprised of obsessed 7 year olds are not going to like this gam Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    The 1.0 version of the indie phenomena is still obviously unfinished and flawed in many ways, but it's so easy to forget that when you're building your dream castle, exploring scary caves and vast mountain ranges and having a great time in its blocky world.
  2. Jan 30, 2012
    While Minecraft may not be everybody's cup of tea, I doubt anyone can deny that it's an important step into new territory.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 29, 2012
    A must-play title - as much a part of videogaming as it is anything else. [Issue#118, p.102]