Mirror's Edge PC

8.1

1. Jan 29, 2017
    Mirror’s Edge is a first-person platformer with heavy parkouring elements. An obvious inspiration to the adoption of such elements in numerous subsequent games, you can wall-run, climb up to higher edges, kick off of walls, swing across bars, and similar things.

The core of the game is running across rooftops and through buildings and construction sites, jumping around, often while running away from enemies. These sections can be pretty exciting early on, when they’re still fresh, but the game itself suffers from one major flaw:

You see almost everything it has to offer by the end of the first level after the tutorial.

The game has pretty limited variety, and there’s very little in the way of elements to mix up the parkouring elements. Thus, after just a few levels, the game starts to feel rather samey, with only one real element added to the game after the start – heck, the final leap of faith to a helicopter is done first in the first post-tutorial level.

Sadly the game’s story is just as flimsy – while you’re introduced as a runner, someone who secretly acts as a courier for information in a post-futuristic police state, in the end this element basically is only made use of in the very first level. Instead, you spend the game doing a classic “rescue your family member and deal with those who wronged you” (mostly in cutscenes). Sadly, the characters in the game have little, well, character, so there’s little sense of connection to the character’s plight, care about the character you’re saving (the protagonist’s sister), care about your various allies and enemies (some of whom betray you and each other, pretty much pointlessly as you don’t really care about them to begin with), and a standard “corrupt politician bumping off his rivals and controlling the city” plot.

All in all, meh.

The only real bright spot are the graphics, which are clean and intuitive. While not amazing by modern standards, they still hold up reasonably well and don’t look ugly even in 2017, despite the game being nearly a decade old at this point.

I beat the game in under four hours, though I didn’t go out of my way to collect collectibles; that being said, I felt no compelling reason to collect said collectables, which seemed pretty pointless anyway, as they just incremented a X/30 meter (I found six without much effort). And sadly, even at that length, it still felt too long for what it was. While the core idea is okay, the combat is meh, the story was meh, there weren’t enough twists and turns to the gameplay to keep it fresh, and there wasn’t enough environmental variety to make it really interesting.

While it is vaguely intellectually interesting to see the game that made everyone want to include wall-running in their game, after an hour or so of gameplay you’d be well and done with it. My advice? Skip it and play something that made better use of these mechanics.
  2. Dec 12, 2016
    This game is fantastic and have a great potential! The parkour feel great and rewarding. I love the look of the city, It's unique and It's clean. It's still look pretty, even in 2016! My biggest concern are the combat, which is pretty limited and the guns aren't good and doesn't fit the character. Also, beware that this short. You can the campaign in 5 hours! You can collect the hiddenThis game is fantastic and have a great potential! The parkour feel great and rewarding. I love the look of the city, It's unique and It's clean. It's still look pretty, even in 2016! My biggest concern are the combat, which is pretty limited and the guns aren't good and doesn't fit the character. Also, beware that this short. You can the campaign in 5 hours! You can collect the hidden bags and do speed run, but that pretty much it in terms of content. It's also linear. The story isn't interesting either. But for all his flaws, there only a handful of games that got parkour right like this, and for the price it is now, you should give it a shot, you won't regret it! Expand
  3. Oct 28, 2016
    Mirror's Edge is one of my most enjoyable first time play throughs and a game i fell in love from the first minutes. Its a very short yet very special game. Before Catalyst there still was nothing quite like it. For newcomers it might be frustrating game to master, but once you do its a pure joy to use your skills and wit to traverse the environment in ways you didnt think at first.Mirror's Edge is one of my most enjoyable first time play throughs and a game i fell in love from the first minutes. Its a very short yet very special game. Before Catalyst there still was nothing quite like it. For newcomers it might be frustrating game to master, but once you do its a pure joy to use your skills and wit to traverse the environment in ways you didnt think at first. Biggest draw back this game has is its weak combat that is being forced on you at times, but mostly can be avoided all together. Minimalistic art style, ambient and at times action packed soundtrack by Solar Fields help Mirror's Edge stand out from nearly all games, sights and sounds are a big part of what makes this game so great. After finishing the game you can get sucked into getting best times in dashes, but going online is pointless, since leaderboards are filled either with cheaters or those who use game breaking exploits to fly across maps, literally. Yeah this game has massive amount of bugs and glicthes, that dont affect your enjoyment, but give unfair advantage to players who use them if you wanna compete for best times in those dashes. Expand
  4. Oct 18, 2016
    This game SUCKS. It fails on everything, worst character ever, **** story ever, graphics, textures are bad even for the time it came out, glitchiest game ever. Its suposed to be a game made for parkour but it even sucks at that, the parkour is super glitchy she will sometime not grab to obvious objects even if you are looking straight at it. Dying light has a much better parkour system andThis game SUCKS. It fails on everything, worst character ever, **** story ever, graphics, textures are bad even for the time it came out, glitchiest game ever. Its suposed to be a game made for parkour but it even sucks at that, the parkour is super glitchy she will sometime not grab to obvious objects even if you are looking straight at it. Dying light has a much better parkour system and its not even a game specially made for parkour. It is a unfinished low budget piece of **** Its the worst game i have ever played dont waste your time and money on this piece of **** Expand
  5. Aug 15, 2016
    This is one of the best EA Games. Graphics is very beatiful for 2009, awesome parkour, storyline is interesting, gameplay is funny and big city, you can fight with security and standard people. Game is very interesting and funny, I think this is one of the best game of 2008. Amazing Game, very good.
  6. Aug 11, 2016
    Mirror`s Edge have fun gameplay, great graphic style and design. But first, is a rare example of innovative game with original idea that is finished successfuly and smoothly. I want more games like this, more with unique art style and gameplay and atmosphere. So for that 2 points more
  7. Aug 10, 2016
    Mirror's Edge is fast, stylish, and filled with heart-pumping moments, but it's not great, and definitely not perfect. The game gives you a mind-blowing experience, but not a good story, decent voice-acting and enjoyable combat.
  8. Jul 1, 2016
    Oh, wow. How boring can a game be?

High rating is due to 10 year old kids than haven't managed to get many thousands if hours into playing games, and have no clue they can get the same from any action game, that allows jumping and climbing ladders as as playing Mirror's Edge. I'm baffled at the reception of this game. You can get all the thrills this game has to offer in any other
    Oh, wow. How boring can a game be?

You can get all the thrills this game has to offer in any other game, that's not just a big parkour playground, and offer so much more other that the jumping and climbing this game offers.

My god, mind-numbing boring.

As for my 5 rating. I'm taking into consideration that it was probably very good for it's time (2008). I assume the freedom of movement it provided was unparalleled with any other game at the time. It looks good, very cool with it's almost monochromatic aesthetic. That's it. That's what this game had to offer.
  9. Jun 22, 2016
    2/13/2012: I initially passed over Mirror's Edge, but I was always curious. I recently received it as a birthday present and was surprised by an actual innovative and unique game experience, something I would have thought EA and DICE incapable of. The game is exceedingly stylish and flows well, though I can see why some complained of disorientation and even nausea- it might well have been2/13/2012: I initially passed over Mirror's Edge, but I was always curious. I recently received it as a birthday present and was surprised by an actual innovative and unique game experience, something I would have thought EA and DICE incapable of. The game is exceedingly stylish and flows well, though I can see why some complained of disorientation and even nausea- it might well have been better off as a third-person game. I love the animated cutscenes and the use of stark color contrasts, and Faith herself I think is one of the more competent female protagonists I've seen- the game does not draw attention to her being female. She simply is. The game strikes a precise balance of style and believabillity. While I will be the last guy to emphasize the importance of realism in a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ videogame, Mirror's Edge does feel "possible", given how awesome parkour actually is, which I think enhances the experience at some level. Expand
  10. Jun 18, 2016
    Awesome concept, horrible execution. I really hate super negative reviews and I really really appreciate that the game tries to be unique in an environment where creativity is a rare sight in most AAA studios. Not only in its gameplay, but in the art style as well, it's great.

What isn't great is the level design. On top of the far too many trial and error moments, the levels are very confusing, especially in the indoor sections where everything is cramped together. You are going to need to do a lot of looking around in a very tiny space which leads to awkward camera angles at times; this can get disorienting and in my case even lead to a few instances of motion sickness. Take regular breaks if you want to avoid the sickness and headaches. I have no problem with the game dropping off small puzzles at times, but it's executed in a bad way forcing you to stop for far too long in what is otherwise a pretty fast paced game.

To counterbalance this the devs made it so things you need to go to are marked in red, and there's a button that turns you in the direction you need to go to. But in my opinion this clashes with the concept of parkour/freerunning, which is to find your own unique creative ways to go to your destination. On top of that I became far too reliant on it, leaving me directionless in cases it didn't gave me a concrete direction the very second I needed it. Especially annoying when you're chased by cops shooting at you, at which point every second counts.

The platforming sections, hooh boy. The trial and error mentioned before really is a big problem. You will die a lot because of your character performing wrong moves, sending you back to the last checkpoint. Now there are a lot of these, but there's noting fun about playing a certain section over and over again just because you can't make that last jump. The window for error may be very small, you don't know if you're doing something wrong or the character flat out won't do what you want her to; either way these problems pop out more often than they should. I'm sounding more negative then necessary here because this doesn't happen all the time, but when the level design is frustrating it's really frustrating.

Am I being overly negative here? Of course. The game is not bad but it could do without the frustrating parts. I'm not really a fan of the controller's button layout but it works fine enough. The soundtrack is decent, nothing outstanding, and the graphics are nice. Art style is amazing giving a great color palette that's very pleasing to the eye. The story isn't all that interesting but that doesn't really matter for a game like this. Voice acting is good too.

I'm a very big (3D) platformer enthusiast and I'm glad I gave this game a try. But I was surprised to see me having such a hard time, expecting my experience with the genre to pull me through comfortably (that sounds more arrogant than meant). It's very much a breath of fresh air in gaming as a whole, but the bad level design and tedious, frustrating segments make it so that the game doesn't click with me.
  11. Jun 14, 2016
    I had really fun time despite my relatively negative approach at first. I was really eager to play again every time I must have ended. Demanding, sometimes irritating engine isn't the best the game offers but there's certainly lot of work put and idea of PK that was surprisingly addictive. Major flaw is the length of gameplay. Barely 6 hours including countless deaths from me.
  12. Jun 7, 2016
    Maybe this is one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay is awesome, the visuals are very good, the story... regular, but still being an unforgettable experience. Well done DICE and EA!
  13. Jun 7, 2016
    Great everything pretty much with music, action and other stuff the only gripe I really have is the Combat and the story which is lacking at most but still 10/10
  14. Apr 2, 2016
    The gameplay is indeed repetitive and can be sometimes frustrating that you have to find your way by trial and error, but the design and art direction...Just wow. This is one of the most beautiful video game I've ever played and everything you see is art. Totalitarian government behind such a clean and bright futuristic cityscape. Who would've thought that? I also love how the whole gameThe gameplay is indeed repetitive and can be sometimes frustrating that you have to find your way by trial and error, but the design and art direction...Just wow. This is one of the most beautiful video game I've ever played and everything you see is art. Totalitarian government behind such a clean and bright futuristic cityscape. Who would've thought that? I also love how the whole game is about contrast: dystopia vs utopia, colour vs colour, rooftop vs ground level. Thank you DICE for making the most original game of recent years and Solar Fields for composing the memorable music, especially the Introduction theme. My score: Gameplay 7/10, Design 10/10, Music 10/10 Overall 9/10 Expand
  15. Dec 13, 2015
    Scenario is quite bad, looks like from low-budget TV show, but gameplay and universe make it up. You definitely feel the dynamic of Faith's movements and you are often forced to take decisions very fast thus feeling of parkour is awesome. Cyberprep design is great and combination with soundtrack make you really feel that utopian atmosphere in the city.
  16. Nov 28, 2015
    I can imagine what kind of great ideas led to the production of this game, but the finished product is dull and frustrating. Good idea, bad execution. It was fun for just a couple of hours.
  17. Nov 18, 2015
    Can't even run the game after installing on Steam!

Why is it that I have no problem running The Witcher 3 but can't even get Mirror's Edge to start?!

PC gaming at its worst!

Steam, give me my refund!
  18. Nov 1, 2015
    Probably one of the most unique FPS games out there. EA totally delivered a new style for FPS. Mirror's Edge is full of exciting gameplay moments. Even though the story is generally bad and nonsensical, the gaming experience is what makes Mirror's Edge stand-out.
  19. Jul 14, 2015
    The game is not complicated and very beautiful, walkthrough is quick and natural. Innovative gameplay, quality graphics and stylish music the main ingredients for success. Uninteresting storyline somewhat disappointing, but still played well. Overall Mirror`s Edge, of course, not a revolution in the genre, but such projects refresh the gaming industry
  20. Jun 17, 2015
    this game is uniquely fun. it makes you feel the adrenaline and gives the atmosphere of the dystopian future you play in. and whoever's idea it was to make this game 1st person, he/she deserves a medal.
  21. Jun 10, 2015
    This game features amazing soundtrack, gorgeous visuals, and great parkour mechanics.

But it suffers from mild story. Faith, the main protagonist, must clear her sister's name for murder she was framed of. And that's about it. The in between animated cutscenes are great, but that's the only context you will get out of the game's story. Voice actings are excellent, though. This game

This game also has gauge direction of where to go. There is a button to auto look at where you are suppose to go, but how you are suppose to go there can be really unclear sometimes.
  22. Mar 11, 2015
    Mirror's Edge is generally unpolished with temperamental controls, inconsistent use of runner-vision, Merc's often crucial audio being drowned out by combat, bright colours being used for both guidance and decoration which often left me confused as to where to go and what to do. The game should have been cut in half if not more with a much greater emphasis on 'flow' and retailed for $20.
  23. Mar 1, 2015
    -Snip-
    ...............................................................................................................................................
  24. Feb 2, 2015
    A unique story, nice graphics and GREAT gameplay!

Storyline I never expected this story to be so much fun. You are a free running package deliverer being chased for information. The story is dynamic and fun, nothing like a regular game. You unravel a mystery that is haunting your character through the game. I really got dragged into the story, into the character and her emotions.
    A unique story, nice graphics and GREAT gameplay!

Storyline
    I never expected this story to be so much fun.
    You are a free running package deliverer being chased for information.

I really got dragged into the story, into the character and her emotions.

Gameplay
    If you like free running, this is the game for you. I'd recommend this with mouse and keyboard, for it requires some fast response and turning.

Although the par-course often is very clear, it can be very challenging (especially if you try to get the maximum score). You sometimes have to puzzle, sometimes you have to rush and sometimes you can go through on an easy pace.

Graphics & Audio
    The graphics are great, it gives you a great feeling when running or falling really fast. Tutorial graphics and the red "help" flashes are very clear and implemented very well.

This game gives you a great feeling overall, with audio matching the running and fighting.
    Creating tense moments when you are being chased and staying relaxed when you are just running around.

Conclusion
    Overall this is a great game to play.
    I recommend this game because of it's great story and gameplay.
    The replay value is ok, if you are an achievement whore and want to get the fastest time on every map :).

9/10 points!
  25. Jan 1, 2015
    A good and highly original game nearly ruined by unforgiving controls and sparse checkpoints, resulting in frustrating trial and error gameplay.
    Graphics are nice, and I liked their ultra clean urban vibe. Environments are well designed and look more realistic than in many other games. The music is minimalist and fits well. The story is fairly short, but well presented and I liked the stylised cutscenes. Most of the story has you running away from a police manhunt, and reminded me of some of the story in HalfLife2. Gun combat is basic, but not bad, and this game is not about combat anyway.
    The first person view can make it difficult to keep your bearings, but is fairly well implemented and refreshing in a market saturated with 3rd person views. The controls are a good concept and quite nuanced, but difficult to master, and can feel very inconsistent. You are either someone who quickly "gets it" and then is free to enjoy the game, or like me, you are not quite able to master them. In my case this is also partly because the parkour is inconsistently realistic and arcade at the same time (only someone with a Crysis style Nano-Suit would be able to do those wall running jumps etc). I think many gamers with perfectly normal keyboard/controller talent will still struggle, like I did. I found some segments a bit too difficult and the scripted events were harsh, also resulting in many frustrating re-attempts. The checkpoint save system is a pain if you are struggling with a segment, and in that respect, it renders this game inferior to something like HalfLife2 which has an excellent manual save system. I had so much trouble at times, that I had to look up some youtube walkthroughs for help. It would have helped if there were more advanced training tutorials. Maybe the random loading screen tips could also have helped, but I have a fast SSD, so never got to read them. Parkour controls in Assassin's Creed may be a bit too simple and forgiving, but at least it is a lot less frustrating most of the time.
    Annoyingly, there is no way to pause or reload cutscenes, as it is easy to accidentally skip them. This game is a fairly good port to PC, with no mouse accel or lag, and rebindable controls. Fortunately, no Origin account is needed with the steam version.

It is such a pity this game has serious flaws, as it is otherwise quite good and I would have really enjoyed it. I look forward to Mirror's Edge 2, hoping the devs will have ironed out the issues without dumbing the game down.

Conclusion:
    Whether you will enjoy this game depends entirely on how good you are with your keyboard/controller, and how much trial-and-error gameplay you can tolerate.
  26. Nov 12, 2014
    This game really is amazing. Music in the game is superb, the atmosphere, everything. I think it is actually for sure is one of the best games played by me.
  27. Oct 19, 2014
    There was so much potential, but with worthless gameplay mechanics and horribly stiff linear format it hardly shines. The concept alone(first person parkour) should have had them strive for greatness instead of settling for the mediocrity that was basically "jump in this specific way on this specific wall to get to this specific platform or you die, and the respawn but have to wait 20There was so much potential, but with worthless gameplay mechanics and horribly stiff linear format it hardly shines. The concept alone(first person parkour) should have had them strive for greatness instead of settling for the mediocrity that was basically "jump in this specific way on this specific wall to get to this specific platform or you die, and the respawn but have to wait 20 seconds for the elevator to open to try again". It's not like the challenges were imaginative, just frustratingly strict, which made me quit after jumping at the same wall 15 times and only once getting to the goal. It is basically Portal with no puzzles and letting you wall run instead. Combat is almost as atrocious as the voice acting and plot, which might have had any of those as a saving grace. Not to mention that the controller setup, which you can barely modify, is nothing like any first person anything so it made initial play buggy. The only reason it got 1 point was because I luckily only paid $2.49 for it and felt I got about that much worth of gameplay out of it. Save you time and money. Expand
  28. Rem
    Oct 5, 2014
    I truly adore the art style of Mirror's Edge as the primary colors strongly contrasts with the white wash totalitarian architecture. But don't be fooled, this is no place anyone wants to live in, but that's up to Faith to fix. What really caught everyone's eye was the first person platforming which to say has been a disaster up to this point. Mirror's Edge really makes you feel as ifI truly adore the art style of Mirror's Edge as the primary colors strongly contrasts with the white wash totalitarian architecture. But don't be fooled, this is no place anyone wants to live in, but that's up to Faith to fix. What really caught everyone's eye was the first person platforming which to say has been a disaster up to this point. Mirror's Edge really makes you feel as if you're in Faith's shoes running as the camera follows and shows her contextual body parts as she rolls, kicks, climbs, and ledges her way to the next red object. However, while this delivers some truly immersive platforming, the game ends all too quickly and without much closer, but it wasn't that interesting to begin with. However with the upcoming sequel, I feel this idea cannot be expanded on rather than just giving it an open world, but I'll wait to be proven wrong again by DICE, who keeps surprising me. Expand
  29. Oct 4, 2014
    Me acabo de pasar el juego, así que, si hay algún error al hablar de la historia pues es mi culpa. No entiendo como puede sacar un score de 8 en metacritic por críticos y usuarios. El juego es corto. Compre el juego por 5 dolares pero cuando salio valía mucho mas y eso me inquieta, el juego dura de 4 a 7 horas como máximo. La historia es simple de hecho es promedio o mediocre. En un futuroMe acabo de pasar el juego, así que, si hay algún error al hablar de la historia pues es mi culpa. No entiendo como puede sacar un score de 8 en metacritic por críticos y usuarios. El juego es corto. Compre el juego por 5 dolares pero cuando salio valía mucho mas y eso me inquieta, el juego dura de 4 a 7 horas como máximo. La historia es simple de hecho es promedio o mediocre. En un futuro no muy lejano la humanidad... pues esta igual pero la seguridad de la ciudad avanza a un punto que la gente casi no tiene privacidad en la calle, un grupo de gente protesta y pues matan a muchos, después de las protestas los que aun quieren la cuidad como solia ser contratan a "Corredores" una especie de mensajes que hacen parkour y entregan mensajes por dinero. A mi me interesaba eso de los corredores saber como operan como funciona y saber mas del mundo, sin embargo, al final todo se enfoca en una chica llamada Ege o algo así y su hermana fue secuestrada. Tienes que limpiar su nombre y eso es en lo que se enfoca el juego. Los personajes no están bien desarrollados de hecho seguro que se te olvidan rápido, no me interesan sus vidas para nada, el único que me llamo la atención es el que te ayuda por todo el juego. Aquí harás parkour por todas partes y esta bien echo aun que aveces falla, en ocasiones darás un salto bien pero el personaje no se agarrara a la pared donde debía sujetarse y morirás. Aun que debo admitir que es divertido, pero el combate es... no se, no es bueno pero casi malo, en el combate la detección fallara amenos que lo hagas 100% perfecto. Es difícil pelear y las balas parecen balines, no hay sangre, en este juego sangrar es de mala educación al igual que mover un cadáver. De echo no hay diferencia entre alguien muerto y alguien noqueado. Los niveles son muy muy lineales, no hay rutas alternas ni nada, tienes que ir directamente por un lugar te guste o no. Los gráficos son buenos de echo todo se ve muy similar, haz visto caricaturas y ves que hay cosas mas coloridas y detalladas que otras? pues bueno también sabes que lo no detallado no sirve, que no se moverá. En este juego todo tiene la misma calidad gráfica así que te hará usar la cabeza. Bueno eso solo si lo juegas en difícil, pero solo se puede desbloquear difícil después de jugar fácil o normal, entonces tu ya medio sabrás por donde ir y odio que no este libre la dificultad difícil desde el inicio, esa decisión fue simplemente estúpida. Y si juegas en normal el juego te dirá siempre por donde ir, !!pero no cuando de verdad necesitas ayuda!!. Hay una zona en donde debes ir están en rojo pero cuando estas en una habitación y tienes que salir no aparece el indicador rojo NUNCA. Es como si el juego te ayudara cuando no lo necesitas y nunca te ayudara cuando si lo necesitas. Aparte de las misiones de la historia principal no hay nada mas, hay un modo carrera pero es lo mismo pero con la excepción de un cronometro que te dice tu tiempo. Hay solo 1 coleccionables en todo el juego, maletines, el juego en steam no tiene logros así que al menos a mi no me dan ganas de re-jugarlo. Seguro suena que odio el juego, pero no es así. (solo algunas cosas que estuvieron mal hechas/pensadas) Puede que en el lejano 2009 esto fuera muy bueno, pero en el 2014 no es la gran cosa. la ultima cosa de que me quejo es el final. Es malo, no nos dicen que paso con que personajes, no dicen nada sobre por que este se volvió bueno/malo solo paso y listo, tal ves una secuela lo hubiera arreglado, pero no hay secuela después de 5 años de espera. A pesar de eso el parkour es exquisito, de no ser por lo extremadamente lineal del juego me darían ganas de volver a jugarlo por que de verdad el parkour esta bien hecho. Hay rumores de una suecuela en 2017, si es verdad, espero que hagan algo mejor. Le doy un 06/10 casi decente. (enfoque en "CASI") Expand
  30. Sep 25, 2014
    A good experimental game. The parkour is good and the visuals are good. However, the game is REALLY short like i almost beat it in one sitting (Game is roughly 3-4 hours). But overall its worth getting on a sale.
  31. Sep 2, 2014
    Mirror's Edge is a master piece, it's game different from every game that i have played before, is soundtrack is amazing and it's playability is very precise and easy to catch.
    the levels and the entire design of the game remind me of science fiction movies.
    maybe the weakest part of the game is it story and it's poor use of the characters. still it's an awesome game, and a strongly
    still it's an awesome game, and a strongly recommend that every gamer.
  32. Aug 18, 2014
    Although Mirror's Edge brings something fresh to the table, the way it is executed, makes this game mediocre in the end. It is sad because this is a game that is truly inventive unlike many of the copy-and-paste games that we are used to in AAA.

Pros: The art-style and unique world of Mirrors Edge is very uniqe and cool The movement system is in many regards good. You can do many

Pros:
    The art-style and unique world of Mirrors Edge is very uniqe and cool
    The movement system is in many regards good. You can do many types of movements that are absent in typical adventure games.
    The animations are really good considering the game was created in 2008.

Cons:
    The gameplay is generally very tedious - you mostly learn from dying.
    The cut-scenes are cartoony and looks very cheap and stops one from being drawn into the plot.
    You can't save so you have repeat stuff over and over again until you finally reach a checkpoint. This makes the game very boring.
    The plot is thin and uninspiring - it lacks interesting NPC's.
  33. Jul 30, 2014
    I was pleasantly surprised by the game. More pirated version twice passed, then STEAM bought also twice passed) So I really liked the game. Unambiguously worth taking.

pros: -The graphics are gorgeous while, but even now the picture looks very cheerfully -Gameplay so awesome -Sound so good. What else to say about the sound I want, in general it is not a shooter, but the weapons can

pros:
    -Gameplay so awesome
    -Sound so good. What else to say about the sound I want, in general it is not a shooter, but the weapons can sometimes pick up (although you can complete the game without killing anyone-that's also a plus), so that's a real sense that these weapons, cannons roar, be healthy, ears lays) returns sickly, and of flame from the muzzle chic "traced")
    -Manage. Nothing superfluous and confusing. Play comfortably
    -The setting. I do not know how to say, but the game feels a certain freshness, even the "liveliness". Around the world really live.

cons:
    -You could say that the game is short, a couple of days passes.
    -Present online table of records, but she firmly ruined cheaters
  34. Jul 24, 2014
    The concept of a game where you get to run across rooftops parkour-style while combating bad guys is great. However, this game is absolutely infuriating. You die. Again and again. Which isn't helped by the save games being miles away from where you just died. I presume that they want a level to appear fluid and effortless but that assumes you know what you're supposed to do. Which youThe concept of a game where you get to run across rooftops parkour-style while combating bad guys is great. However, this game is absolutely infuriating. You die. Again and again. Which isn't helped by the save games being miles away from where you just died. I presume that they want a level to appear fluid and effortless but that assumes you know what you're supposed to do. Which you don't. So you get shot, or fall to your death, or reach a dead end.

I gave up after chapter 4. It's simply not enjoyable and the storyline is poor. Hence during chapter 4 I found myself asking "Why am I playing this?". I couldn't come up with an answer. I realised I didn't care, at all, about the outcome. So I quit and uninstalled it.
  35. Jul 16, 2014
    I don't get the appeal of this game. I can see that it's relatively well made, but it's just not fun. For a running game, the running speed is very slow and almost feels like walking. It's not fast-paced at all. The controls are mediocre at best and the save points are horribly placed. Way too often, you have to try and die to find the right way and it becomes boring incredibly fast.
  36. Jun 10, 2014
    Un buen intento pero se queda corto a lo hora de conseguir el gran videojuego en primera persona de plataformas. Aún así es interesante probarlo ya que hay momentos de mecánicas y experiencias interesantes.
  37. Jun 9, 2014
    Mirror's Edge is a great game with beautiful visuals and fluent gameplay, but it still has flaws. For one, it's frustrating. The game requires perfect timing with jumps and slides, and the enemies only add to the irritating situation. Another thing is the slim to none amount of replay-ability. While you are provided with time trials and speed runs to do, there is absolutely noMirror's Edge is a great game with beautiful visuals and fluent gameplay, but it still has flaws. For one, it's frustrating. The game requires perfect timing with jumps and slides, and the enemies only add to the irritating situation. Another thing is the slim to none amount of replay-ability. While you are provided with time trials and speed runs to do, there is absolutely no customization to the character meaning there is pretty much no difference between play-throughs. However the lack of customization also works towards the game's favor. It allows the player to simply focus on moving forward and not have to worry about searching around every corner and making decisions. Another thing is the story, which is interesting at first, but in the end becomes a little too cliche. Overall, this game is enjoyable, while a bit frustrating, on the first play-through, but makes some serious mistakes. Expand
  38. May 27, 2014
    Having sped my way across the rooftops trying my best to keep the momentum going in this outstanding and underrated game I think to myself "Why won't more people play games like this?" This game is stylish with great music and setting.
  39. May 25, 2014
    Very experimental, very ambitious, very "new concept" gameplay.

Very experimental, very ambitious, very "new concept" gameplay.

But it didn't help save the terribly unintuitive level design, the lack luster visuals, and the "stylistic" cut scenes. Experimentation releases like this aren't bad, they just show us what didn't work the first time around. Should their be a sequel to this game? Of course. Will it sell better? Who knows. Will it play better than the first? Definitely. Companies at EA's level can afford to lose a little bit of money on new gameplay concepts or new IP's. I just wish they (and other big name developers and publishers) did it more often.
  40. Apr 27, 2014
    FPS games are the most realistic. Mirror's Edge shouldn't be better in 3rd Person Shooter. It's a fantastic game, and it feels really great, but it becomes quite boring after about 2 hours of gameplay.
  41. Apr 2, 2014
    Mirrors Edge is a pretty good Parcours Game with nice Graphics. The Design of the "white City" is awesome! I really enjoyed playing this game and i really recommend it!
  42. Jan 9, 2014
    Fun, addicting, and overall great in nearly every aspect. I loved the beautiful graphics, soundtrack (I couldn't stop singing Still Alive!) and detailed sound effects and first-person view. Once, a critic said the game was "poetry in motion." He's right. Everything I like about the game is nothing compared to the experience no gamer before 2009 ever had. It was the feeling of rhythm andFun, addicting, and overall great in nearly every aspect. I loved the beautiful graphics, soundtrack (I couldn't stop singing Still Alive!) and detailed sound effects and first-person view. Once, a critic said the game was "poetry in motion." He's right. Everything I like about the game is nothing compared to the experience no gamer before 2009 ever had. It was the feeling of rhythm and joy. However, I do concern the blurry textures in the game sometimes, creepy character models, bad combat, short and complex story, and ruthless gun aim (why is it SO PRECISE!?)

But overall, I just love this. Worth the price. Any reviews with a rating lower than this should be ignored. If you don't have this game and you are a game addict, it's sad you don't have it. Seriously, this game has got to be played.
  43. Jan 1, 2014
    If you like running and jumping from building to building this is the perfect game for you. The gameplay is good, with good graphics. A must have game!
  44. Nov 24, 2013
    Mirror's Edge is one of the most unique games I have ever played. The music puts you in a trance and helps with your adrenaline rushes as you progress and while the feel of the controls take a little time to get used to, it's worth the buy. The only downside to this game is that the story is really short and you're left feeling like you just finished a game downloaded on a smart phone. SoMirror's Edge is one of the most unique games I have ever played. The music puts you in a trance and helps with your adrenaline rushes as you progress and while the feel of the controls take a little time to get used to, it's worth the buy. The only downside to this game is that the story is really short and you're left feeling like you just finished a game downloaded on a smart phone. So with that said, it's entertaining if you buy it for a smart phone application price. I look forward to seeing what Mirror's Edge 2 will bring. Expand
  45. Nov 17, 2013
    A visually stunning game with a very unique concept. However, this game is more of a really long demo. The game mechanics make it almost impossible to not get frustrated while falling hundreds of feet over and over again. The first hour was very exciting but after that I felt like the game was on repeat. I must give the developers credit for trying something new and creating a very uniqueA visually stunning game with a very unique concept. However, this game is more of a really long demo. The game mechanics make it almost impossible to not get frustrated while falling hundreds of feet over and over again. The first hour was very exciting but after that I felt like the game was on repeat. I must give the developers credit for trying something new and creating a very unique world. I just wish it was shorter and cheaper (at the time of its release).

The game play itself is extremely basic and extremely repetitive. Nothing substantial ever actually happens. The story is sorta interesting but not interesting enough to keep the game afloat.
  46. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is absolutely awesome, and you'll have a great time playing this game.
    First of all I should say that I've played Mirror's Edge about 100 hours, although the Singleplayer is not longer than about 3-4 hours (and if you are really good you can complete the game in less than 1 hour).
    Mirror's has the best Design I've ever seen in a Video Game. I spent many hours marveling the buildings, and I'm still fascinated, when I see this great architecture. The Music is absolutely perfect, and and fits to every scene.
  47. Nov 15, 2013
    This game has so much promise, but doesn't really deliver. The mechanics take a while to get used to, and the training level could have been better integrated into the game. It would be nice to practice without falling 100 feet to my death over, and over, and over again.

Much of the game boils down to either falling to your death, over and over x 50 or getting shot to death. The plot is weak, the characters are weak, they seem like they were put there to satisfy some sort of 'plot' demand.

The core mechanic has potential though! I love running, jumping, climbing! And the graphics are great, the aesthetic is pretty darn good, with minimal colors, and red objects guiding the player.

But so much of the game is thin. Super trigger happy cops EVERYWHERE who very quickly forget you when you pass through the right door. Great idea, poor execution. Did I say that already?
  48. Nov 15, 2013
    Mirror's Edge is definitely a production different from any a game combining FPP with platform game. Visual style and design environment has been well-designed. The overall gameplay is good but combat system should be better. Playing the story mode enough for about 8 hours.
  49. Oct 26, 2013
    This is not a bad game. Actually, the first hours were nice. But once you've done all the different actions 20 times, you get bored. Then you realize that the game offers very little options and you have to follow a given path without much difficulty. You finish the story mode just in case there was a good story.
  50. Oct 13, 2013
    This game... This game was the only game that's ever fully sucked me in. Ever.
    No other game made me emotionally invested into a game, thought about it past "This is a game."
    ... I think that this kind of city is what the current administration in the US wants... But not what the People want.
    Like Faith said. "Good doesn't always mean right."
  51. Oct 8, 2013
    Deserves praise for trying something new, but what begins as a novel idea quickly becomes a frustrating, irritating exercise. The controls feel unresponsive and the game does not do a very good job of telling the first-time player where they need to be going, marking usable surfaces red only goes so far without the use of peripheral vision, first-person does not lend itself well to judgingDeserves praise for trying something new, but what begins as a novel idea quickly becomes a frustrating, irritating exercise. The controls feel unresponsive and the game does not do a very good job of telling the first-time player where they need to be going, marking usable surfaces red only goes so far without the use of peripheral vision, first-person does not lend itself well to judging distances. Bloom can lead to white-out which makes seeing ledges, etc. difficult/impossible to see. These issues come together to make the whole running part redundant (instead of free-running I found Faith scrabbling at walls like a panicked cat). The majority of game time is spent trying the same jumps again, and again, and again, and again, made all the more aggravating when SWAT teams and attack helicopters are shooting at the player. Expand
  52. Oct 3, 2013
    It's a game about running.. yyyaayyy... I bought this on sale for $5, and now I wish I had bought a cheeseburger instead. The controls are blocky, frustrating, and often non-functional garbage. I normally worship any game that takes advantage of NVIDIA PhysX, but this is entirely offset by the fact that everything in the game looks exactly the same, and only three colors ever appear onIt's a game about running.. yyyaayyy... I bought this on sale for $5, and now I wish I had bought a cheeseburger instead. The controls are blocky, frustrating, and often non-functional garbage. I normally worship any game that takes advantage of NVIDIA PhysX, but this is entirely offset by the fact that everything in the game looks exactly the same, and only three colors ever appear on your screen at one time. Also, this game isn't supported by Geforce Experience anyways. The first person view actually makes the game much less playable, as most of the jumps have to be made at the last possible moment. That means either you jump too early and miss the ledge, or you jump too late and fall. All because you literally cannot see your own feet and aim your jump at the same time. Be prepared to fall to your death pretty much nonstop.

But no, seriously... This is literally a game about running, with some jumping in between, and very limited amounts of shooting. Actual running in real life is more satisfying than playing this game.
  53. Sep 30, 2013
    When I first learned about Mirror’s Edge, its basic premise of a first-ever first-person 3D parkour game, that you can outrun your enemies rather than outgun them, caught my attention immediately. Because in Mirror’s Edge, just as in many other games, you are set against an army of faceless, nameless, and merciless drones who are “just doing their jobs and following orders”. But in ME youWhen I first learned about Mirror’s Edge, its basic premise of a first-ever first-person 3D parkour game, that you can outrun your enemies rather than outgun them, caught my attention immediately. Because in Mirror’s Edge, just as in many other games, you are set against an army of faceless, nameless, and merciless drones who are “just doing their jobs and following orders”. But in ME you don't play as a dogged, cynical, serial killer ready to mow down everyone in their path, you play as Faith Connors, a young female runner with sharp wits and some sense of morality about her. I find it much cooler to disarm or knock down some of the policemen in order to flee the rest of them, rather than killing them in dozens.

When I started playing, I was impressed by the clean-cut visuals and architecture of the City, which captured the futuristic dystopia flawlessly. The main part of the gameplay is running around parkour-style. While playing in first person, you can see your arms and legs and there’s a real sense of momentum, weight, and gravity. It is very rewarding to chain up multiple acrobatic moves to dash through the environment and over various obstacles quickly and seemingly effortlessly.

Few words about sound; the voice acting is done very professionally for main characters and the psy-trance soundtrack provided by Solar Fields fits the gameplay just perfectly.

Not everything in the game is this stellar though. The story campaign is quite short and kind of sloppy, with cut scenes done in cartoonish flash animation. The campaign is also a little too heavy on gunfight towards the end and overall does not carry a lot of replay value. I still mostly liked it but it must be said it is probably the weakest part of the game.

But there’s the trial mode; you can race through various tracks in campaign maps with no enemies around, just against the time. Shaving off seconds and figuring out new paths from checkpoint to checkpoint for faster run-throughs kept me entertained for many hours after beating the game.

In conclusion, I applaud the developers for taking the risk with this mostly uncharted game design territory and wish them best of luck with their new Mirror’s Edge game, which was announced in June 2013.
  54. Sep 13, 2013
    One of the most unique and intriguing games I have played in my lifetime. I truly think that the critics have underscored with this one. I am so looking forward to the sequal!
  55. Sep 10, 2013
    I've really enjoyed this game so far. It's very different than most other stuff out there. The combat is pathetic, the guns look and feel horrible, but the running and platforming is really good.

Don't try to play the game like a shooter, it's almost like a rhythm game with how silky smooth it feels to hit every jump perfectly.
  56. Aug 20, 2013
    We step into the running shoes of Faith, a runner in this fast paced, acrobatic game, which is one of a kind. There aren't many games that combine the action adventure platforming with the first-person genre. The concept is well executed, too bad the game falls short in other areas.

In the unknown dystopian city, where crime virtually doesn't exists the Runners are the only ones that disturb the peace achieved by the totalitarian regime. It's a small group of anti-government individuals who can do one thing very well: run... and climb pipes and do acrobatic jumps, but that's (and committing crimes) part of the life style. Our protagonist is one of them, whose sister (a cop on top of that) is caught in political crossfire and arrested for the murder of the mayor candidate. From now on it's on Faith to discover the secrets that lie below the surface.

Unfortunately there are no hearth stopping, breath taking moments in the story. It's pretty plain and simple, nothing we haven't seen somewhere else (1984 Orwell). Likewise the length and scope of the game doesn't allow the story to get to deeper levels. The game can be finished in a mere 4-5 hours. On the other hand the cartoony cut-scenes are a nice touch and the characters are believable thanks to the great voice acting.

Mirror's Edge consists of 9 chapters. In every chapter you have to get from point A to point B to complete an objective. It doesn't get any deeper than that, but at least the time spent between the start and finish is fun. The controls are responsive and you can take alternate routes to get an advantage over the riot police or just to be quicker and more efficient. In almost every level there is at least 1 point where you'll find yourself dying in 10-15 seconds after the checkpoint loads. Over and over again until you find the correct route or you can execute your jumps perfectly. These parts are pains, but the most frustrating thing in the gameplay are the gunfights. It's simply not meant to be there. Disarming guards and policemen, then shooting others feels off balanced, weak, and frustrating over all.

Faith's story has its flaws, but the game is at its best when you have to do what it's created for: platforming, wall running, jumping from pipe to pipe, rolling, sliding and so on. When you learn the levels and you become more proficient in spotting out the best routes it feels like you are a panther capable of anything. Unfortunately if you aren't in for the challenge of finding the best routes in each map there is not much else the in the game that could keep it installed on your computer for a long time. After finishing the story mode you can jump in and do some time trials, but as I said there isn't anything else beside that (if you don't count the bags which can be found in the story mode 30 in total).

Rating: 68/100; Replay Value: 2/5; To Beat: 5 hours; Played on: normal.
  57. Aug 19, 2013
    It's a bit overrated with the jumping. I've counted more elevators, air-vents and getting shot than actual jumping and free running. The parkour elements are very well done, whole 30 seconds of them, because you spend next 2 minutes in 2 by 2 meters rooms and corridors following pre-defined path.
  58. Aug 18, 2013
    Really clean,slick and beautiful design is flawed deeply by a rather uninteresting story and a game filled with annoyances. As much as it is fun to perform really slick continuous flow of parkour, the disappointment of this game comes when you aren't. Filled with confusing paths and annoying cops, this game pulls some if not chunks or hair from your scalp. Great idea, poorly executed.
  59. Aug 16, 2013
    Simply Awesome. Its fun to see new creative games. The story is "meh" but the parkour is really fun. Can get slightly repetetive and boring at some points tho.
  60. Aug 9, 2013
    A very cool runner gameplay and really nice design of the world. Only downpoint for me was the story, they could have made more. But i got anticipation for Mirror's Edge 2.
  61. Aug 7, 2013
    A horrible story line that fails to grab my attention, but what makes this game good is the superb, and fun gameplay.The combat is a little lacking, and the voice acting could be better.The graphics are really good for it's time.Overall the game could be better by providing a better storyline, and improving it's voice acting.
  62. Aug 1, 2013
    this game is epic it is amazing in every aspect i had fun from the beginning to the end while playing this game the visuals and the art style are amazing the game play is fun amazing and fluid the only thing i could say that it was bad about this game is that combat with soldiers can be frustrating sometimes and that it is short but it is a great game and new experience that everythis game is epic it is amazing in every aspect i had fun from the beginning to the end while playing this game the visuals and the art style are amazing the game play is fun amazing and fluid the only thing i could say that it was bad about this game is that combat with soldiers can be frustrating sometimes and that it is short but it is a great game and new experience that every one should definitely try Expand
  63. Jul 26, 2013
    What can I say that others haven't?

What can I say that others haven't?

This is a very well styled visually striking game with some pretty big flaws. None of these flaws destroy the experience, but some of them are pretty glaring. The cut-scenes look like cheap cartoons, so the story bits told between levels are just terrible to watch. They feel like they don't belong or are unfinished concepts, and they really go against the otherwise visually impressive game.

The game plays pretty magnificently, though not without issue. Platforming is hit or miss, especially when you are required to jump precisely between points. This isn't a shooter, and elements that push you to use guns only shows all too well that Faith, the game's protagonist, isn't Rambo. She's a runner, and that's where this game shines. The sense of agility and speed in this game is fantastic, nimbly skittering between crates or along rooftops feels so deeply rewarding and unlike anything else I've ever played. Skill and patience will be rewarded, and believe it or not trial and error and experimentation will be rewarded.

This game is a challenge, it isn't for the meek, the ability to avoid violence is a welcome change from the normal "shoot everything that moves" kind of fare we see a lot in our games now. Barring a few pretty serious production and platforming issues, this game is a sweet experience I recommend to anyone that genuinely feels themselves skilled enough to take it on.
  64. Jul 8, 2013
    Good game but it lacks a more deep history and better secondary characters (altough i loved Faith). Im certain they will correct their flaws in this one and make a memorably game with mirros 2.
  65. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. EPIC GRAPHICS FOR 2008!! AND ALSO CURRENTLY! I just loved the game and the graphics when I play! There is almost no kind of error or lack of something. It is simply magnificent, the game. Much love to do Mirror's Edge 2 in the future. But as I say, is incredibly EPIC GAME! Expand
  66. Jul 3, 2013
    MIght as well have given it 10..., my only qualms with it is that it's too damn short and after you master all the moves you may as well complete the game in an hour an half. Other than that it's a perfect synthesis of story, atmosphere, gameplay, graphics, music, sound design and what not. Superb.
  67. Jun 25, 2013
    Mirror's Edge has a fantastic concept. It's a shame the final project is so... mediocre. The concept is that of a free-running game over city rooftops, which is unfortunately where the game almost immediately begins to waver. The level design, filled with an entirely too bright art style, is designed to appear open while remaining linear; this is done a bit too well. Most of the time it'sMirror's Edge has a fantastic concept. It's a shame the final project is so... mediocre. The concept is that of a free-running game over city rooftops, which is unfortunately where the game almost immediately begins to waver. The level design, filled with an entirely too bright art style, is designed to appear open while remaining linear; this is done a bit too well. Most of the time it's hard to figure out where you're supposed to go next, and when you figure that part out the method you need to use to get there is often completely unintuitive. The fact that your character will sometimes simply not grab onto things that she really should have doesn't help the frustration. Many times you'll be stuck for quite a while only to discover that the first thing you tried was right and you were just off to the side by an inch or two. Later on, the game throws the running thing to the side and basically tries to become a shooter, and while with one exception it's theoretically possible to play through the game without ever engaging in combat, in reality you're unlikely to be successful if you were to try that. Even considering the inevitable delays and numerous restarts, the game still clocks in at under eight hours of gameplay. To top it off, the game's attempt at a plot falls horribly flat, throwing you into the middle of it too soon and ending rather anticlimactically, complete with characters that we are given no chance to gain interest in and "plot twists" that would make M. Night Shyamalan cringe. Expand
  68. Jun 18, 2013
    Disappointing. A brilliant idea that had so much potential. For a game that immerses you in the idea of running the rooftops of the city, the game is much too linear. This is the type of game that requires an open world, not a 6 hour linear snooze fest. The idea was great, but they failed to execute well in every aspect. Poor story, short, bad gameplay, bad FPS sections. I really believeDisappointing. A brilliant idea that had so much potential. For a game that immerses you in the idea of running the rooftops of the city, the game is much too linear. This is the type of game that requires an open world, not a 6 hour linear snooze fest. The idea was great, but they failed to execute well in every aspect. Poor story, short, bad gameplay, bad FPS sections. I really believe this franchise has what it takes to be revolutionary. Sadly, Mirrors Edge 2 is just a side project rushed out by Dice and EA. This game is worth buying for $5 though. Expand
  69. Jun 9, 2013
    Easily one of the greatest games I've ever played. I'll try to leave any plot points out of this one so I can avoid putting any spoilers.

In terms of visuals, Mirror's Edge was definitely appealing. The unique colour scheme and shaders are what made the game really stand out in this respect. Everything looks bright and futuristic and the atmosphere is absolutely breath-taking. On outdoor levels there's always a huge cityscape to be seen with the utmost attention paid to every detail. The models were reasonably well-detailed and the textures were on the same level. The addition of the PhysX engine was a nice touch, but it seemed to only add to the cosmetics of the game, little gimmicks; outside of broken glass and ragdoll physics being dramatically improved.

In terms of gameplay, what is there not to like? It's incredibly refreshing and innovative. Never have I played a game that pulls off free-running so well. If it wasn't the first to do it, it's certainly the best to date. The mechanics are simply perfect and only rarely has there been a mistep in what I intended Faith, the protagonist, to do and the action performed, but that's understandable in certain situations where many obstacles are being traversed quickly. The sheer amount of free-running techniques implimented in the game is astounding and more often than not, they're performed in a way that makes her seem human, rather than posess super-human strength; you can feel her straining to perform some of the moves, but a few others, like wall-running she seems to perform without much effort at all and she can run on the wall for an awfully long time. It is expected though since some of these moves have to be exaggerated in order for them to be useful within the game. The minimalist HUD was a nice touch to add immersion and realism to the game, only adding the center reticle to prevent the player from gettin motion sickness as well as to indicate that your "Reaction Time" is ready, this being a slow-motion feature in the game which is handy when in a tight spot.

The controls are incredibly simple and intuitive. It is a unique control scheme and yet I found this game to be one of the easiest I have ever had to pick up and play. Within half an hour, the controls should feel like second-nature.

The environments are built perfectly to allow you to move from one obstacle to the next without having to awkwardly stop and it's unlikely you'll find yourself lost as they usually point you in the right direction in a subtle manner. There is a reasonable variety in levels and nothing is ever recycled as far as I can tell. There are indoor and outdoor levels, sewers, rooftops, sections on city streets, and inside of buildings with levels seamlessly progressing to new environments within the same level.

Levels are broken up by cutscenes done in an interesting 2D/3D animation style that play during loading times. These are the points where you'll have the majority of the plot explained to you including the backstory of the game and what happens between levels. Though not incredibly original, it is effective and gets the story across well without being forced and quite frankly, it's a lot better than staring at a loading bar.

The voice acting is done incredibly well, no lack of emotion and they sound very convincing. The voices also matched the characters well.

The only reason I give this game any shorter than a 10/10 is simply the plot and completion time. The plot was good, but nothing great and it felt a bit too shallow. There just wasn't enough substance there for it to really be perfect. But, the game did have great plot twists and kept it interesting enough to make me want to find out what happens next.

They did a good job making me empathize with Faith in making the audience feel the emotions coming off of her. She didn't feel too generic and did have a personality of her own and it's always nice to see a female protagonist.

Overall, it is definitely a must-buy and is pulled off perfectly in everyway I could imagine, only falling short in terms of plot depth and time it takes to complete. I find the game quite replayable simply because the gameplay is just that fun, so it adds some extra hours in that respect. They left it open for a sequel and I hope they follow the "more, but better" philosophy in the next one: longer game, better plot, but still the same core and gameplay.
  70. Jun 6, 2013
    a great concept and a great game. its to bad that the game is so short, and that some mechanics are bad.
    mirrors edges concept is done masterfully. there is a real sense of speed, and they really nailed this aspect. the parkour and tricks are great. the animations like rolling and climbing really upgrade the. the visuals are spectacular and the artstyle is really cool.
    the game does have
    the game does have problems though. the game is really short. the shooting mechanics and fighting mechanics are just bad. theyre slugish and they dont work properly. this mechanics arent used to much in the game, but sometimes its impossible without them, and then you see theyre flaw. the story is also dull. the cutscenes are really weird and are overall under average.
    still, the game does what it promised to do. while its a bit short, its still a really fun and unique game!!!!
  71. May 24, 2013
    OVERVIEW: first-person platforming
    STORY: (5/10)
    GRAPHICS: (8/10) The bold colors against mostly white buildings is a good look, and, as with cel-shading, it makes the graphics hold up fairly well years later. The use of red to highlight pathways also works really well. CONTROL: (6/10) No problems, but I use a joystick for pc games, not a keyboard. GAMEPLAY: (8/10) Mirror's
    OVERVIEW: first-person platforming
    STORY: (5/10)
    CONTROL: (6/10) No problems, but I use a joystick for pc games, not a keyboard.
    GAMEPLAY: (8/10) Mirror's edge is one of my favorite platforming games, and by far the best of the more realistic parkour simulators (The Assasin's Creed games don't even COUNT as "platformers" since they don't have a true jump button, you just hold down the action button and run and the game jumps for you). It would have been rated higher except the game isn't varied enough. It would have been nice to have levels where you are actually chasing other parkour characters, or are being chased by characters you have to outrun, but instead every level is just a get-from-A-to-B deal with the only variations being in the placement of obstacles like armed police-guards and platforms. It was fun enough for me to replay the whole thing twice more already, but I hope the sequel takes some cues from the wilder mario games and adds some new platforming challenges (rather than turning it into a shooter).
    GAME PLAYTHROUGH LENGTH: 6-8 hours.
  72. May 24, 2013
    DICE and Electronic Arts are like The Modern Touch with innovators. Mirror's Edge, made in 2009, has been negatively criticized because of it's gameplay: "An FPS where you have to rhn like a coward is like an FPS without the "S"...". Well, this is unfortunately the point of the game, and it's for me a great idea! The Story, sadly short, is really entertaining, full of action andDICE and Electronic Arts are like The Modern Touch with innovators. Mirror's Edge, made in 2009, has been negatively criticized because of it's gameplay: "An FPS where you have to rhn like a coward is like an FPS without the "S"...". Well, this is unfortunately the point of the game, and it's for me a great idea! The Story, sadly short, is really entertaining, full of action and revelations and I really love this post-modern city passed under silence -Yes HL², I was thinking of you! The very end let us think that there will be Mirror's Edge II -Listen carefully at the credits. No multiplayer, why? The rank system hasn't been optimized and there's only one additional map! Another bemol, graphics: not that bad, not bad at all, but need when set in "low", 2010 graphic card and for CPU, a 2GHz can hardly run it with 30 FPS.
    Worth 8 out of 10. Loses 2 points because of the optimization left apart and no multiplayer. But nice one DICE EA!
  73. sft
    May 22, 2013
    A mirror cracked

A mirror cracked

Never has a game given me such conflicted feelings. In many ways MIRROR’S EDGE is a great game, but in a few, significant others, it sucks big time. Firstly, it’s yet another buggy, console port, which is becoming par for the course, sadly, for us PC gamers. Despite this, however, the visuals are good apart from the character models, which are below normal PC game standards. But the most important aspect of the game is the gameplay. When you’re free-running through the city it’s a true joy to play. The recreation of parkour techniques is remarkable and DICE have created a truly immersive experience. But then you’re forced to fight, and that’s where the game fails miserably. The combat in this game is the worst I’ve ever encountered. It’s so bad at times that there isn’t room in a short review to detail the failings, suffice it to say it’s maddening, especially when you’re forced to replay a particularly tricky section because you have insufficient control of Faith when in combat, or because she transforms from a nimble athlete into a trudging hippo as soon as she picks up a gun. And yet, even though I wanted to throw my PC out the window many times while playing ME, I’m so glad I stuck with it because, at it’s best MIRROR’S EDGE is an inspired example of what computer gaming can offer.
  74. May 12, 2013
    This game is hard even on easy and insanely frustrating particularly chapter 8. You will die a lot. Fortunately the game is short. On the positive side I liked the music.
  75. May 7, 2013
    It has potential, but the frustration is just too much. You are going to die, a lot. And most of the times because of game's mechanics, where the protagonist just won't grab a ledge for some reason.
    I didn't play it all the way through but I think it's safe to say that the missions' guidelines are nonexistent.
    I just spent 30 minutes running in circle, being chased by armed guards,
    I just spent 30 minutes running in circle, being chased by armed guards, unable to figure out where am I supposed to go. I suppose I could keep trying, if I knew how to fight them. At least my copy of the game has a glitch: the tutorial mission stuck's at a certain point, keeps me trying over and over again the wall-jump thing and forces me to just start the story with no idea how to play properly.
    The soundtrack is one of the best I've heard and overall atmosphere is very very nice.
    I bet the game will kick ass on consoles, presumably without the tutorial-problem.
  76. Apr 23, 2013
    Faith is a great character, a good relief from every male protagonist in just about every game. Beautiful game, and can play organically like flowing water or clunky like a brick wall. After you get used to it, running gets really rewarding when you take guesses as to where to go and make all the right moves. Minimal gun play makes it tense and more of a survival game. Mesmerizing.
  77. Apr 21, 2013
    A great and original concept, but execution could be better. As others have stated the combat is awful and should've been left out entirely. The gameplay consists of mostly running and jumping, it does get quite tense when you're being chased, but after around the halfway point, conducting the same actions over and over again does feel a tad repetitive and tedious. The game is funnest whenA great and original concept, but execution could be better. As others have stated the combat is awful and should've been left out entirely. The gameplay consists of mostly running and jumping, it does get quite tense when you're being chased, but after around the halfway point, conducting the same actions over and over again does feel a tad repetitive and tedious. The game is funnest when you maintain momentum, but there were too many times where this momentum is lost and gameplay grounds to a halt. The story is nothing special and failed to entertain. The visuals however are really nice, love the colour scheme. Sound design is also quite good. Overall, a game that's unique and has a lot of potential, but falls short on some aspects. I'd be interested in a sequel that implements some more refinement and better writing and design choices. Expand
  78. Mar 25, 2013
    This one is a fairly hard one to explain. I'l start with my main issue(s) with this game. First of all, the fact that there's way way way way WAY too much shooting. Its horrible how the "masterminds" decided to let you pick up guns in the first place, considering that it ruins the game due to how poorly the FPS segments were designed. Okay, 4 pursuers, shoot half of them or just run andThis one is a fairly hard one to explain. I'l start with my main issue(s) with this game. First of all, the fact that there's way way way way WAY too much shooting. Its horrible how the "masterminds" decided to let you pick up guns in the first place, considering that it ruins the game due to how poorly the FPS segments were designed. Okay, 4 pursuers, shoot half of them or just run and take bullets to the back. I also did not care for the map design. It had some good points, like assorted cars you can see driving around and slightly varied buildings (not really though), but the map is the design equivelent of the FPS segments. But they ruined it by giving you too much or too little direction to go, you see, things light up red when you can use them for parkour, on one mission, you have to jump across a helicopter by the landing supports that are red, but its not hard too realize that that's where you have to jump, because its red, like pretty much everything else anyway. Expand
  79. Mar 2, 2013
    This game is not really fun.
    At the first beginning i had a little bit fun by jumping over skyscrapers. There was a little adrenalin kick...(just a little :P)
    After Level 3 the game sucked so hard. I Cant understand why this title is an AAA TITLE WTF. The KI is so dump. the Gameplay is really not mature and every level is like the level bevore. I Would prefer to play every tomb
    This game is not really fun.

I Would prefer to play every tomb raider or prince of persia but this title is really not good.
  80. Feb 23, 2013
    An amazing game.
    It was rather underrated in many places, but honestly, I belive this game is one of the most original and fun games I've yet to play.
    The story is very interesting, the world is beautiful and colourful, the soundtrack is wonderful and the gameplay is very fun and refreshing.
    Problem is it was too short for me :P
  81. Feb 16, 2013
    This is a terrible port of a great game. There are massive memory leaks, and it doesn't run very well in general. At one point when you walk into the subway, the game slows to a crawl; I know I'm not the only one, NerdCubed had the same problem. I have Portal 2 which looks better than this and runs better than this on my computer. Maybe its good if you have a high powered gaming computer,This is a terrible port of a great game. There are massive memory leaks, and it doesn't run very well in general. At one point when you walk into the subway, the game slows to a crawl; I know I'm not the only one, NerdCubed had the same problem. I have Portal 2 which looks better than this and runs better than this on my computer. Maybe its good if you have a high powered gaming computer, but you shouldn't need it for such a technically sub-par game. Expand
  82. Jan 12, 2013
    It's an original game; but running around, jumping over roofs, and disarming enemies just isn't my cup of tea - i find the gameplay boring, despite a descent story.
  83. Jan 11, 2013
    First, this is a great platformer, many of the levels are actually well designed and it makes you think a lot, the graphics and sounds are also top-notch and it has a great art style. Sadly there are a few cons to this game though. The storyline is questionable as you have a save a person who you do not feel connected with as she has not the necessary back-story let alone any realFirst, this is a great platformer, many of the levels are actually well designed and it makes you think a lot, the graphics and sounds are also top-notch and it has a great art style. Sadly there are a few cons to this game though. The storyline is questionable as you have a save a person who you do not feel connected with as she has not the necessary back-story let alone any real character development, this results in the ending being an "ok...it's over" thing without much emotion. In-fact, all the action and challenge in the game made me feel much more emotional. That would be a good thing if it was not for two certain problem which grinded my gears. AUTO-GRAB which you cannot turn off. AUTO-TARGET-LOCK which you cannot turn off. For what fun I had in this game, these two things f*cked me over and made me hate the game the longer I played it. Want to drop to your death! Oh, we'll just do auto-grab and make you waste your time. WHY DOES IT EXIST. IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK ALL THE TIME which makes it worse. When it does work, sometimes you end up jumping to your death or something which is another reason why it's f**ing stupid. Oh, and the last cut-scene looked horrible. I felt kinda sad to see the two characters embracing...at rather **** quality (this was the only bad-looking scene in the entire game)....what's more was it was....jittery. I just wish they hadn't ruined this great game over a few simple things. Expand
  84. Jan 10, 2013
    When you manage to keep your freerunning momentum in Mirror's Edge, it's an amazing game. Unfortunately, the action grinds to a halt when you stumble, and it becomes an exercise in frustration as you use trial and error to determine how to proceed. The controls don't really help, as they are clunky regardless of whether you use a controller or mouse + keyboard, and the hit detectionWhen you manage to keep your freerunning momentum in Mirror's Edge, it's an amazing game. Unfortunately, the action grinds to a halt when you stumble, and it becomes an exercise in frustration as you use trial and error to determine how to proceed. The controls don't really help, as they are clunky regardless of whether you use a controller or mouse + keyboard, and the hit detection seems to take a perverse pleasure in letting you miss seemingly easy jumps. The combat is also mostly trial and error. I feel bad saying this, but this game made me appreciate the hand holding, auto-grab stuff that goes on in Assassin's Creed. Apart from the controls and 'flow' though, Mirror's Edge has great graphics (AMD users turn off phys-x) and it's fun running around avoiding enemies. Expand
  85. Jan 8, 2013
    All the gameplay is running away from something leaping from one rooftop to another or climbing fences or ladders avoiding gunfire. It's a simple concept and that's literally all you do but it doesn't get repetitive or boring. The storyline is something you don't understand or you don't want to understand and that's great because you don't even have to understand. The cutscenes areAll the gameplay is running away from something leaping from one rooftop to another or climbing fences or ladders avoiding gunfire. It's a simple concept and that's literally all you do but it doesn't get repetitive or boring. The storyline is something you don't understand or you don't want to understand and that's great because you don't even have to understand. The cutscenes are something that really just go by because you don't really feel like you need to pay attention. The game doesn't feel any better if you do. Gameplay is very linear, there's very little freedom of where to go and how to get there. The characters are all just a waste of space, they really have no impact on the game. If it had been only Faith running with no destination the game would've been the same or even better. Mirror's Edge is very bright which sometimes gets annoying. The animations are fluid and they feel good. It's a fairly short game and there's really nothing that would want me to play it again unless I would be into time trialing and speedruns. The game is great in it's sheer simpleness, great for the one short playthrough and optionally for the time trials you're gonna do. If you're looking for a game you wanna sink many hours into, this is most likely not for you. Expand
  86. Dec 22, 2012
    There's now no reason why future FPS games should not include this level of freedom of movement and physical abilities. The execution of parkour style movement and abilities is not gimmicky, but very well simulated. This game has the polish without forsaking the game play.

Tip: Right click picks up a gun on the ground...didn't figure that out until way later. I realized that the game intended for you to know this.
  87. Dec 21, 2012
    In an age when new ideas are hard to come by in regards to video games it's always refreshing to see a bold and innovative leap into the unknown. This is probably how the concept for Mirror's Edge first came into existence, as you've probably never played anything like, and probably wont until a sequel is released. Free running in video games in not completely uncommon, as the likes ofIn an age when new ideas are hard to come by in regards to video games it's always refreshing to see a bold and innovative leap into the unknown. This is probably how the concept for Mirror's Edge first came into existence, as you've probably never played anything like, and probably wont until a sequel is released. Free running in video games in not completely uncommon, as the likes of Assassin's Creed have certain elements of it, but Mirror's Edge should never be compared to other games, simply because it's not like other games. The running completely takes place in the first person perspective making you feel more connected to Faith, the main protagonist. There's nothing quite like jumping of a rooftop in slow motion and landing on the adjacent building before wall running and rolling past bullets flying past the screen. This is the beauty of Mirrors edge but sadly in parts is also its downfall. The move set leaves something to be desired as once you see the exact same animations appear over and over again, you start to draw away from the game and feel like your just pressing buttons and nothing else. Unfortunately the game has many collision detection issues that have your character get caught on one foot rises in terrain and leave you hopping about looking foolish. The game seems to understand that it has these problems though and it looks like the developers tried to add more elements to keep things fresh but unfortunately not all of them work. The biggest of these problems is the combat, which is hard to pin down. I did genuinely get into some really cool looking situations where I'd disarm someone wielding a shotgun in bullet time before turning to his partners and sending them flying backwards with two shots directed to the chest. These moments are some of the finest I've experienced in a long time but for every well executed and cinematic move on your behalf there's bound to be 4 attempts in which you crucially misjudged the timing or fell victim to the wonky shooting mechanics draining your health significantly, but this is excusable as most of the combat is not only avoidable, but the game encourages you to do so, telling you to do so. The problem is when your forced to enter a firefight with your bare hands and expected to come out of it and continue like you haven't just been turned into a bullet sandwich with a side of broken mouse and keyboard. The combat isn't impossible and enemy placement usually doesn't feel cheap, but every now and then you'll just want to stretch your legs and jump on the roofs and instead are pushed kicking and screaming into a room which has 4 guards brandishing assault rifles aimed directly at your face. The story isn't much to write home about either, as it is mostly told through 2 dimensional clips where the characters are represented by paper cutouts of themselves. There is this scene later on that I truly got really excited about and the scene that followed was an epic escape through an environment that was suspiciously designed to have some of the coolest and free runner friendly scenery and architecture. These sections almost make me forget about some of Mirror's Edge's short comings but are few and far between. A huge point in the games favor is it's look. Wow, is probably the only word I can use for it. The graphics are good but what stands our are the colors and simplistic design. The game deliberately uses the color white over most of its buildings to emphasize the totalitarian government that restricts information and free choice and looks great as you wiz past it. Mirror's Edge is a stunning title, and whilst fumbling the ball on a few occasions, is note worthy because of it's fresh idea that has some seriously awesome potential, and also because of some great moments that make me want to return to it and see if I can get through some of the stages with an even better time on the clock. It's obvious that some of you might still be wondering if it's worth the incredibly cheap price on steam, especially during a sale, but one simple way of knowing is this: If you ever wanted to play Assassin's Creed in first person, then this is probably the closest you'll ever get for now, even if it doesn't have the whole assassinating part. Expand
  88. Dec 20, 2012
    (not my final review:) As a racing game, Mirror's Edge is incredible. Any second you gain, any shortcut you find, any improvement over past runs you make feel very rewarding. And Mirror's Edge is, indeed, a racing game!!! It is a game that you're supposed to play over and over, through speed runs, time trials or even new playthroughs, to become the fastest runner you can be. You don't play(not my final review:) As a racing game, Mirror's Edge is incredible. Any second you gain, any shortcut you find, any improvement over past runs you make feel very rewarding. And Mirror's Edge is, indeed, a racing game!!! It is a game that you're supposed to play over and over, through speed runs, time trials or even new playthroughs, to become the fastest runner you can be. You don't play it for the story, you don't play it for exploration, you don't play it as a casual game, you play it to beat it in less time than in your previous playthrough. Keeping momentum for as long as possible is difficult, and you won't be able to do it on your first play through (which will involve a lot of trial and error), but once you know where to go you can focus on it and then you're on for one amazing and unforgettable experience. Give it a shot!!! People complain that shooting and fighting is clunky - I agree with that, but this is not a game where you should stop to fight or shoot, you are a runner and you should keep running. Expand
  89. Dec 11, 2012
    Beautiful first person platformer that actually works. Despite the awkward combat and occasionally frustrating trial-and-error parkour puzzles, this is a very unique game with clean, sharp visuals that stand the test of time. I only wish it was longer... clocking in at around 6-7 hours with no replay value and no multiplayer, it's easy to see why this didn't sell well. Pick this up at aBeautiful first person platformer that actually works. Despite the awkward combat and occasionally frustrating trial-and-error parkour puzzles, this is a very unique game with clean, sharp visuals that stand the test of time. I only wish it was longer... clocking in at around 6-7 hours with no replay value and no multiplayer, it's easy to see why this didn't sell well. Pick this up at a reduced price or borrow from a friend if you can because it is really a one of a kind game. Expand
  90. Nov 27, 2012
    I saw this game on one of EA's holiday "sales" this year marked as $20 retail value and felt compelled to create a metacritic review for my very first time in a desperate attempt to set the record straight before hapless holiday shoppers waste a dime on such a hollow, contrived piece of garbage. I was willing to let the $2.50 I spent on it go down the drain without another ill word spoken,I saw this game on one of EA's holiday "sales" this year marked as $20 retail value and felt compelled to create a metacritic review for my very first time in a desperate attempt to set the record straight before hapless holiday shoppers waste a dime on such a hollow, contrived piece of garbage. I was willing to let the $2.50 I spent on it go down the drain without another ill word spoken, but it doesn't feel right to let other people get suckered. To be honest, I've never weighed in on any online review board, because I honestly feel like someone has always said about what I would have said already, and people have better things to do than read the same stuff dressed up differently.

But this game changed that.

I got this game for an almost trivial amount of money, but that doesn't quite offset how ripped off I feel in regards to the value of my time playing it. I can honestly say that out of 50 or so games on Steam and hundreds played across all platforms since the 80's that this legitimately clocks in as one of my very short list of games I regret purchasing. In fact, I honestly couldn't find through any of my game libraries or childhood recollections another instance of a game that makes me shudder when I think about playing it. I struggled to finish what ended up being around a 4-hour run of the game to beat it. I didn't struggle because it was difficult. I struggled because it was awful to play. Almost nothing of what this game claims to do originally holds up to scrutiny, and even ignoring that, the execution also falls flat on it's face.

I can't understand why this game has such high reviews. Every negative review I read of this game was right on the money. It's a dressed up platformer with terrible controls and dolled up in a sleek presentation that ultimately feels like a spurious attempt at elegance when in reality it was corner cutting for GPU load. I can see how the initial idea generated the hype it did. From the female protagonist, futuristic design and art style, and other different-enough-to-be-neat aspects, it can be easy to let the hype gloss over reality quite a bit. But at it's core, in retrospect, I think we could probably all look back and agree that it wasn't quite the diamond in the rough it was promised to be. It was more like the piece of coal among other diamonds of the time. The fact is that I'm writing a review of the PC game years after the fact and hoping that someone like me runs across this and hesitates. It was that bad. Don't be a sucker. It's 2012. You have better games to play for cheaper, and it's been sold for $2.50.
  91. Nov 4, 2012
    This is a breath of fresh air from the common RPG or action game. The concept is so foreign to me, and yet so appealing that I just had to pick it up. It turned out to be a rather good decision as I couldn't put it down originally. It's incredibly fun at first, until you reach a point where it gets repetitive and boring. Some glitches or moments when Faith just doesn't feel like climbing.This is a breath of fresh air from the common RPG or action game. The concept is so foreign to me, and yet so appealing that I just had to pick it up. It turned out to be a rather good decision as I couldn't put it down originally. It's incredibly fun at first, until you reach a point where it gets repetitive and boring. Some glitches or moments when Faith just doesn't feel like climbing. I'm giving this game what it deserves in a 7/10 but I hope to see a sequel as it was a great experience nonetheless. Expand
  92. Oct 30, 2012
    While learning the ropes may be frustrating, Mirror's Edge is a very satisfying experience when it's all said and done. It challenges your gamer mettle. The feeling of overcoming those challenges is very rewarding. The game even manages to go out on a heartwarming note despite its ho-hum cliched dystopian setting. The complaints of length are accurate but we all know that while the valueWhile learning the ropes may be frustrating, Mirror's Edge is a very satisfying experience when it's all said and done. It challenges your gamer mettle. The feeling of overcoming those challenges is very rewarding. The game even manages to go out on a heartwarming note despite its ho-hum cliched dystopian setting. The complaints of length are accurate but we all know that while the value of most games is measured in time and how many gameplay hours you squeeze out of them, few others transcend that and are instead measured by the quality of the experience. Mirror's Edge is one such game. Expand
  93. Oct 2, 2012
    Amazing graphics capabilities on the PC. I was amazed by how beautiful they managed to make the game look and feel. Being in a city landscape, you also don't really see many jagged edges on game objects, such as buildings with the proper hardware, in other words, the game engine runs very smoothly. In some instances I was caught at the edge of my seat trying to flee from the scene, or getAmazing graphics capabilities on the PC. I was amazed by how beautiful they managed to make the game look and feel. Being in a city landscape, you also don't really see many jagged edges on game objects, such as buildings with the proper hardware, in other words, the game engine runs very smoothly. In some instances I was caught at the edge of my seat trying to flee from the scene, or get out alive. The mechanics of the game are also very well balanced. The only down side to this game, is that the characters didn't have a huge amount of depth, nor did the main story's reasoning. The relationship between the main character and her sister was felt, but other characters didin't have the same kind of outward depth to them. The storyline was purposely setup so that the gamer jumps into the story what feels like half way into the main story line. I really hope we get an part two of this game to elaboate. Expand
  94. Sep 1, 2012
    This is such a great game with superb production values! Got tons of action and excitement. keeps you wanting to push on until the end.. Not a very long game, which is how i like it...

Music: great (trancey techno, ambient, space, etc).. loved it Controls: excellent... takes a short while to get used to it.. also got a good tutorial level world design: excellent .. looks like a

Music: great (trancey techno, ambient, space, etc).. loved it
    world design: excellent .. looks like a pretty massive world..
    combat: excellent.. not too difficult, not too easy
    graphics: excellent.. however some sections had excessive colour saturation... story: pretty good, although I didn't follow the plot very well (probably me.. i confuse easily)

definite must-buy...
  95. Aug 26, 2012
    This is one solid game. Definitely, one of the most creative I have played in the last decade. The atmosphere and graphics are incredible, and the gameplay will be the only thing driving you to finish the game. The ONLY thing. The story in this game isn't anything special and is very forgettable, and that is the biggest fault in this game.
  96. Aug 25, 2012
    Style graphique très intéressant, musique collant parfaitement à l'ambiance. On prend plaisir à se balader sur les toits à faire les prince of persia. Malheureusement le jeu est trop facile et surtout court. La liberté de déplacement n'est qu'illusion une grand partie du temps. Ayant profité d'une offre spéciale sur Steam leStyle graphique très intéressant, musique collant parfaitement à l'ambiance. On prend plaisir à se balader sur les toits à faire les prince of persia. Malheureusement le jeu est trop facile et surtout court. La liberté de déplacement n'est qu'illusion une grand partie du temps. Ayant profité d'une offre spéciale sur Steam le rapport qualité prix plaisir est au top d'où ma bonne note. Expand
  97. Aug 23, 2012
    One of the worst games I've ever played, horrible carachter (luckily you'll never see her), terrible game design, sloppy graphics and colors, boring story, appaling and unplayable gameplay. This game costs today 2
  98. Aug 15, 2012
    This is the most innovative game I've played in quite some time. Unlike most most games in the First Person prespective, Mirror's Edge allows and encourages out of the box solutions to the challenges the game presents. My only complaint is that the main campaign is somewhat short (about 9 hours if you're a fast learner).

That said I'm eagerly awaiting any news of a sequel, if EA doesn't

That said I'm eagerly awaiting any news of a sequel, if EA doesn't saddle it with an Origin requirement I'd be a buyer on day one.
  99. Jul 23, 2012
    Funny at first, but it got boring pretty quickly. After you get used to the controls it is really cool running around and jump from roof to roof. It becomes "more exciting" when a bunch of police men starts shooting at you. And also a little frustrating, because it is not always instantly obvious where you have to go, especially when the game mechanic hinders your way and you think "OK,Funny at first, but it got boring pretty quickly. After you get used to the controls it is really cool running around and jump from roof to roof. It becomes "more exciting" when a bunch of police men starts shooting at you. And also a little frustrating, because it is not always instantly obvious where you have to go, especially when the game mechanic hinders your way and you think "OK, this must be wrong way" but actually it was the right choice. Happened a few times. Also the fact that you better should (or actually have to) run from everyone, instead of taking down at least one or two police men to get you some space, was quite disturbing. But in the end the most boring part was the repetitiveness of the levels. Running mostly on top of roofs, every level looks actually the same and the game does not much to alternate your experience. Expand
  100. Apr 1, 2011
    One of the best games I've played in the last decade. The visuals are absolutely stunning and the gameplay is incredibly fun. The escaping scenes are well choreographed and combined with the bobbing as you run and the leaning as you turn corners, it makes you feel like you're actually in trouble. I found myself leaning in my chair while trying to go around corners.

The game was so much

The game was so much fun that it actually made me pick up running again (something I haven't done in years). On the negative side, the campaign is a bit short, and they haven't released any level editors so using custom maps is not that easy. Also, the game isn't very tough (on the PC at least). Even hard mode without a reticle or runner vision is fairly easy to finish without firing a single shot (except for the one part where you're forced to in order to progress).

1. Mastering the game's in-body platforming is an urgent thrill, beaten down less violently here under the auspices of our old friends keyboard and mouse, and stands out from the homogenised interfaces of modern first-person and platform games.
  2. The beautiful visuals look even better on the PC and the controls are smart and responsive. There are some flaws, though, in particular the short play time, some stiff level design and the overall potential for frustration. But if you manage to go with the flow, you will find Mirror's Edge to be a thrilling and unique gaming experience.
    While its elegant controls, visuals and audio weave a dreamlike tapestry that its animated cut-scenes do their best to eat away at, the whole is an experience you'd be remiss to let fly by if you missed it on consoles.