Missing: Since January PC

8.0

1. FuitilliumS.
    Jul 7, 2004
    A great game that's reinvent the notion of interactivity ! Play one time in it and it will swallow you. The story is amazing and complexe. When you think that it's finish... the real game starts !
  2. Apr 28, 2015
    It's hard to convey exactly how great this game was when it was still new-ish. Not only that, it was important in terms of scope and concept and was the first game I can remember to successfully blur the lines between reality and fiction. In fact I can't think of another game since that had such ambition and was actually able to pull it off. The story was engaging and made you feel likeIt's hard to convey exactly how great this game was when it was still new-ish. Not only that, it was important in terms of scope and concept and was the first game I can remember to successfully blur the lines between reality and fiction. In fact I can't think of another game since that had such ambition and was actually able to pull it off. The story was engaging and made you feel like you really were solving a real murder mystery by some very clever use of a Netscape web browser and true internet search engine, both built into the game and its story. I highly doubt it will run on today's newer systems, but if you can get it into compatibility mode, it's still worth a play.

I first played it a year after it had been out, so it's been nine years or so, and I still remember it fondly enough to write this review. Coming from a hardcore gamer like myself, that alone says it all.

1. A wonderful idea bogged down by lousy execution.
    The puzzles kept me intrigued for days, the storyline was irresistible, and the e-mails and Internet research were a joy. Sadly, the ending left me cold and put a damper on the whole story, and some of the puzzles were so annoying they ceased being fun long before they were complete.
  3. Something completely different; it is an original, innovative, interesting and witty game with a bunch of highly intelligent puzzles...However, Missing is also an example of how you can ruin a fantastic idea by throwing in tones of irrational and pointless mini-games and occult mumbo-jumbo.