9.0

1. Han
    Aug 12, 2010
    Here we have one of the best adventure games. The story is engaging and hilarious, the characters are all fascinating, the music is catchy and it looks beautiful. The puzzles remain hard but the introduction of a hint system really helps you when you are in trouble and the ability to swap to classic view is a real treat. The added voice acting and how you are now able to use them in theHere we have one of the best adventure games. The story is engaging and hilarious, the characters are all fascinating, the music is catchy and it looks beautiful. The puzzles remain hard but the introduction of a hint system really helps you when you are in trouble and the ability to swap to classic view is a real treat. The added voice acting and how you are now able to use them in the classic view is also a welcome edition. A must buy. Expand
  2. Apr 28, 2011
    Re-live the classic adventures of Guybrush Threepwood from yer childhood in MONKEY ISLAND 2 SE!
    New graphics, voices, and then to add to it, you can hear the developers talk about certain scenes mid-game... It's great fun!
    The later generation of gamers may or may not like this game though, but that's just taste. For what this game does, it does VERY well. For anyone who has not played

For anyone who has not played an point and click adventure game like this, you should maybe check out youtube first and see if it interests you or not. - mixes adventure with puzzle.- I guess, never had to explain what a point and click adventure game was but.. hey , it tells a great story, makes you think (ie, how to cheat your way into winning competitions), and provides you with a few good laughs all the way!

If you had this on your Amiga, or PC already (the original versions)- this surprisingly is still a worthy buy for the extras it provides. From the new graphics (a ton better than the SE of MI1), to the commentary tracks available when you demand them whilst you play.

uhm...
    Its a good'n!
  3. Sep 3, 2010
    I was not pleased with the first remake of this series but THIS one.. is GOLD

The directors talking the switching from classic to new.. just superb.
    If they do this to all the old classics.. they will make a mint

its about all I can say other than.. its about time lucasarts.. its about time.
    (thank telltale games for jump starting all of this fellas)
  4. Oct 23, 2010
    This has to be the worst game I have played. It is so childish and full of lame tasks. The humor that gets tossed into the story line is very elementary and perfect for a very young child, but I'm not a young child. I can't believe the ratings it has received (a 9.2 user score???) because I was so bored and so frustrated by playing it, I wished I could have returned it. I have played manyThis has to be the worst game I have played. It is so childish and full of lame tasks. The humor that gets tossed into the story line is very elementary and perfect for a very young child, but I'm not a young child. I can't believe the ratings it has received (a 9.2 user score???) because I was so bored and so frustrated by playing it, I wished I could have returned it. I have played many games for years with this being the lowest on the list. It is so linear that I was bored in about 15 minutes. The puzzles should drive anyone mad because they are very silly. This might be good for a child between the ages of 8-10, but other than that it is a complete waste of time. I bought the game because it was rated so highly. ONLY buy this game if you are under 10 and like cartoons with puzzles and corny jokes or if you like really old fashioned games that had no excitement. The biggest thrill I received was when I uninstalled it. Thumbs down for LucasArts and Monkey Island. Expand
  5. Oct 31, 2010
    This was a fantastic game then, and they really updated the art nicely to still stay true to the original game. I love the feature that to switch between old/new graphics. This game is well worth it.
  6. Apr 22, 2011
    The original was my first computer game (5 1/4" discs, yeah!) I bought this one because I wanted to know if it's still funny and worth being played - and yes, it is! :)
  7. Jul 11, 2011
    MI2 is one of the best adventure games ever made and this is one great remake. The puzzles are some of the most memorable of all adventure games, the atmosphere both moody and funny, the story is good and the characters are fantastic. Guybrush Threepwood would perhaps be my favourite video game character that this remake has enhanced everything thats great about him. This sequel certainlyMI2 is one of the best adventure games ever made and this is one great remake. The puzzles are some of the most memorable of all adventure games, the atmosphere both moody and funny, the story is good and the characters are fantastic. Guybrush Threepwood would perhaps be my favourite video game character that this remake has enhanced everything thats great about him. This sequel certainly has some weird moments, and some strange decisions were made to the direction of the story, it also has probably one of the most unexpected and awkward endings to a game for good and for bad. But all in all this undoubtable its a true and solid remake. HIGHLY recommended to intelligent gamers. Expand
  8. Jan 25, 2012
    Hey, i was never there when this was originally released. Glad i tried it. A lot better than most modern games i have played, going next to skyrim in my games.
  9. Mar 3, 2012
    This special edition of Monkey Island 2 is not as well polished as the first attempt and MI2 always had a bit of a lacklustre ending, but once again, another classic adventure game is reborn!
  10. Jun 15, 2014
    I loved the Secret of Monkey Island remake because I played the first game as a kid, but I don't have the same nostalgia for the Monkey Island 2 remake, which is quite bad if you experience it for the first time as an adult. The in-game production commentary is good, but not enough to carry the game as a historical piece.
  11. May 13, 2012
    That's the best old-school point-and-click adventure game remake that I've seen, waaaaay better than The Secret Of Monkey Island: SE and better than both "renovated" parts of Broken Sword.
  12. Dec 15, 2012
    The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition was a nice remake of a great game. LeChuck's Revenge manages to make even better. Graphics, interface, music, almost everything is better in this remake of the second episode in the Monkey Island series. Add a hilarious storyline to this and you get one of the greatest adventure titles in video game history, at least in my opinion. This gameThe Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition was a nice remake of a great game. LeChuck's Revenge manages to make even better. Graphics, interface, music, almost everything is better in this remake of the second episode in the Monkey Island series. Add a hilarious storyline to this and you get one of the greatest adventure titles in video game history, at least in my opinion. This game isn't the slightest bit serious, and people who whine about it should gather more information before blindly buying the game just because it has good reviews. LucasArts games have always been hilarious, with lots of humor, unlikely situations and crazy puzzles. But this is the reason why LucasArts games worked so well and are now considered as classics. And this remake is no exception. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2014
    Still one of LucasArts best point-and-click adventures. The writing is sharp, the puzzles are clever and funny and the art is fantastic even to this day. The variety of islands to explore make this a vibrant, colorful and lively world to play in. Overall I find this to be superior to the original and in my opinion the highlight of the series. Character design wise this is also ourStill one of LucasArts best point-and-click adventures. The writing is sharp, the puzzles are clever and funny and the art is fantastic even to this day. The variety of islands to explore make this a vibrant, colorful and lively world to play in. Overall I find this to be superior to the original and in my opinion the highlight of the series. Character design wise this is also our protagonist Guybrush Threepwood's best "look" (the following entries returned him to the dopey white-shirted look of the original game). The Special Edition adds new graphics and voice overs but like with the first SE, this doesn't add much to the experience. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And even after over 20 years, ME2 is far from broken. In fact, it's a gold standard for adventure gaming. Expand
  14. AWG
    Jul 7, 2013
    I was 11 when I played "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge" for the first time and I immediately felt in love with it. Now I'm 31 and I'm playing it again, with modern graphics and sounds, with the same love.

1. Just as LucasArts took the fans' complaints into consideration in regard to the briefness of the first title of the series back in '91, they have now proven that they're able to listen twenty years later as well. The main complaints towards the first title were the unworthy graphics of a contemporary remake and the lack of voice work in the classic game version. Which essentially means that they fixed the problems and polished this new sequel to the border of perfection.
  2. Stunning graphics and excellent voice acting. [Sept 2010, p.86]
  3. So whether you're a newcomer or a LeChuck's Revenge veteran, it's definitely worth taking the trip back to the world of Monkey Island.