4.0

1. Oct 13, 2013
    First of all the games sure comes with an interesting atmosphere. You really feel lost, sometimes the rain falls and it's getting harder to see stuff. That's nice but then 'Montague's Mount' pretty much fails in terms of storytelling and game design! Besides there still are a few game-crashing bugs can that kill the fun. Sometimes the game fails to tell you why you really need to do that. At some points it tells you, you can't go there because there's some other task you have to complete first but it doesn't explain what that was again. Then there are pages all over the island explaining how to control the game. You can't take those, you have to read but on a small screen you'll have to go pretty close and might still have troubles reading what's on it. And it really doesn't make sense to explain the controls that way. Really... it doesn't! Also I could use the xbox360-controller only to move around. To interact I had to use the mouse and keyboard. Not ideal too but only a small problem. Maybe the developers should have given the game more time and polish. There is potential and it actually does have some scary moments but 'Montague's Mount' doesn't seem able to make any use of it! Expand
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    It's not the worst cause I have seen worse although I haven't finished this and cannot continue for I am stuck on the part where you line up the orientations using your compass, I have tried at it for atleast 5 hours or more now and had shut down the game twice and then lost the progress so I would need to start from beginning of that part again. Graphics wise is bad, lots of darkness and blurriness, eyes can't focus too well when trying to concentrate. So many bugs in this game, had to restart the game 5 times because i either got stuck or camera was where i can't see anything after activating something and the gameplay path would not come open. I feel like a turtle after doing so much walking around in this game, atleast unlocked an achievement for walking 10 kilometers. I would'nt recommend this game since I can't even finish it due to the orientations looking so funky, graphics blur and dark and getting around so slow. I want to continue but just don't feel I should cause the game is full of bugs anyway. Expand
  3. Dec 5, 2013
    Tons of bug, not running fine most of the time, game crash and lost my saves twice! There's absolutly no communication at all, not even PR. Had tons of potential but cannot deliver!

1. Mar 5, 2014
    At first I was delighted with the dark atmosphere, but it’s not the story of madness that drove me crazy, but pixel hunting, repetitive objects, weak character models and slow movements of the protagonist. [03/2014, p.73]
  2. Feb 24, 2014
    I could bring up a dozen more problems, major and minor, with the game, but what's the point? Montague's Mount doesn't have interesting puzzles or a structure that ties them into a coherent work about mental illness, despite its heavy-handed announcement of that intent. I respect the aim, but the execution is terrible.
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    Montague’s Mount has a fantastic atmosphere, but is too slow to get really creepy. With a mysterious tone, you’ll want to discover it more and more. However, it has too many flaws to be memorable.