5.2

1. May 23, 2012
    For being a free game on steam, this game is actually not too bad. While it could use some polishing up, it is really a nice and smooth game set it space. Simple, yet quite enjoyable; and a great, free multi-player game.
  2. May 25, 2012
    This game is underrated! It's one in his kind and a good one too.
    It's fun to play once a day a few round. Just mindless shooting at enemy spaceships.
    Its also good balanced and free!

Not P2W (pay-to-win) but free!

And for people who whine that there are only 3 modes on 3 maps: Its a new game. Don't expect hundreds of maps to play just in a few days.
  3. May 25, 2012
    When I first played Moon Breakers, I thought that it was just going to be another freemium game out to grab your money. While that might be true, the game seems to bring a spark to people and want them to work together towards the three objectives. Also, since the recent update (24th May 2012), there are now free ship rotations allowing people to try out specific ships before they choose whether to buy them, and a lot of bugs have been squashed. I am sure that given enough time, Moon Breakers could become a brilliant dog-fighting game. Expand
  4. May 18, 2012
    Only 3 boring game types on 3 almost the same maps, but to get a decent spaceship you must play over and over again for days, so it is impossible for a sane person, who does not want spend his time playing same matches for 1000 times to get a new ship and play these matches again... but on a new ship.
    BTW ships are almost the same too.
  5. Jul 27, 2012
    Been looking for a game like this for a long time! Loads of fun and the small, but dedicated dev team is always listening to your feedback by adding requested features and tweaking for balance. Growing community & constantly improving social features are great, too.
  6. Jan 2, 2013
    It's free and you get what you pay for. I get tired of the junk that gets dumped into the hole left by Tie Fighter and Free Space 2. Bad physics, and it seems to punishes people that have good Internet connections. As for the reviewers below that try to explain other's negative reviews. I built a Pentium 75MHz computer in 1994 to play wing commander 3. I know flight and space sims and this doesn't hold it mustard. Expand
  7. May 11, 2013
    I have played a couple of flying and space simulators, but this just really doesn't hold up to its implied promise that it's as good as those simulators, although this is a F2P game, so maybe I was expecting too much. I do think that if you want a realistic experience, you would want to get those simulators, but I do understand that a game has to be at least moderately realistic in order to be successful. I was rather surprised at the lack of players on servers, but once 8 or more people joined the game, it became hectic and addictive, as everyone tended to gather in front of a base and dogfight. I was rather disappointed at the ships available. The default ships are just not maneuverable enough for my FPS-addled brain, and prices are, well, pricey. The higher-end ships that actually work cost way too much for people who just want to try the game out. I think Uber Entertainment would get more people to play this if they had free trials for certain ships every once in a while. Once you get the hang of it, though, the rather slow movement is ignored most of the time; prediction takes over as you have to accurately guess where your opponents are moving, as projectiles do take time to go places. The lack of variety in game types and maps are a major ding to the game, however; I can think of craploads of more game types, and I hated most of the maps to the point of trying to blast apart the random asteroids scattered in my way. As for the prices, once you get into the hang of it, you start reaping SO MUCH CRED. I'm serious: I started out forgetting how to play these kind of games (for some reason; I am notorious for forgetting stuff, so I guess it's not that much of a surprise), and after only 2 hours or so, I pretty much was on the top of the scoreboard. I guess the reason why I enjoy this game is because I'm a casual gamer; I rarely play hardcore games (except for Battlefield). If you want to play this game, I suggest watching some game footage before downloading. Expand
  8. Jul 5, 2012
    This game is bad. The main menu and all content of the game are *****. Bad space war simulator.
  9. Feb 9, 2014
    It's easy to create an account and get into space combat for a death match or capture the flag. Maneuvering around asteroids to dodge or surprise your opponent feels awesome. The two starting ships were just fine. Like Parzival said, it gets more exciting when there's more players on the server. On the other hand, the user interface design feels outdated and occasionally the game will randomly crash. But for a free game, can't complain! Expand
  10. Feb 16, 2013
    This game makes me want to throw up. I played 2003 mods of Star wars: Jedi Academy that were better space battle experiences. This is not up to the standards of even free-to-play games, and the pricing model is shockingly abusive.
  11. Jul 2, 2012
    Game is pretty fun. Takes a while to unlock new ships but you get free ones so you can test out. Overall decent game to spend some time on. There are only a handful of maps and only a few game modes but there are plenty of ships and upgrades for each one.
  12. Sep 27, 2012
    While some of the issues brought up in the negative reviews are true I don't think they actually describe why some people dislike the game. This game has an extremely steep learning curve which in some cases leads to an unpleasant first experience, after which no second chance is given.

Also, if you're reading this please note that one of the negative reviews (Katana622) may have given
    the game zero points but he (she? they?) generally had very good things to say. While I can't speak for him/her/them I believe at least one zero point rating was by mistake.

I generally greatly enjoy this game, but there are just a few lingering issues that are keeping me from getting 100% behind it--a few balance issues, the steep learning curve, lack of map variety, and a few glitches I've run across.

The game play is a fairly straightforward red vs blue space combat game with a lot of high-speed dogfights and some very striking visual elements. (I'm honestly baffled at PC gamer's comments--I've certainly no complaint about how the ships handle, and teamwork actually is pretty important . . .)

TL;DR; I think you'll enjoy this game a lot if you can make it past the brutal learning curve.
  13. Jan 5, 2013
    It's a bit raw, but tremendously engaging. Dogfights In Space would be a much better description than Futuristic Combat Sim. A full round is only 15 minutes and it's very easy to jump in and out. Handy when you want to play but don't have hours to spend on a session. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's terrific.

There's zilch for instruction, so the first step is
    figuring out the game. If you're new to it, just look under Options to check out the keybindings. Then spend some time learning to fly and seeing how the games work. Get some credits, which all players earn, win or lose, tweak your ship with an upgrade or save up and buy a new ship. If you're trying to play through Chrome, it'll work, but it's kinda sluggish. Play it in Steam. You'll find your ship is a lot more responsive and no lost focus problems. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jul 12, 2012
    Right now Moon Breakers suffers: its ships handle like HGVs and it's a multiplayer game that doesn't actually require you to work with other players at all. [Sept 2012, p.61]