- Summary: Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will offer fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state and rediscover all their favorite characters, fatalities and environments as well as relive some of the franchise’s most memorable secrets. In addition, this new collection will feature online play, leaderboards, achievements and trophies.… Expand
Jul 15, 2013Not too bad, I had issues with the sound while playing MK1 and it doesn't detect my logitic gamepad that well it reverses the Y axis so up goes down while down goes up so only a Xbox wired controller works but not good for fighting games. I also have to say use paint 2 for the quality and for some reason the gamma in the game is set to dark, might be the unreal engine. It doesn't come with MK4 like the console versions so just use MAME its more responsive and better emulation for years. Just buy it if you have a PS3 or Xbox 360 while stay away from the PC version since it's just a sloppy port with less settings.… Expand
Feb 13, 2012When this game was finally released for PC, after 5 months without news about the PC port, I was excited. I bought the game, downloaded it from Steam, and then the problems began. The game performance is awful, considering the games are from almost two decades ago, the game run slow on a mid-gamma laptop. Second, the control can't be customized. The controller support sucks hard. If you want to play with a friend, you NEED to plug 2 controllers. You can't play with keyboard + gamepad or Keyboard for 2 players. The game strangely have lag issues even on singleplayer modes, and that lags suddenly dissapears for some seconds after hitting the Escape button. Also, the engine forces the 1280x720 resolution, you can't change it in any way. The Multiplayer have horrible lag spikes, and also NetherRealm and Warner Bros. don't give support for the PC version. $10 to the waste. I hate how this bourgeois companies don't give a crap about the PC version, just launching crappy ports from Xbox, with 0 new features for PC. I could seriously consider to download emulated versions of the game with Kaillera instead buying this piece of **** Seriously.… Expand
Feb 13, 2012This release is as awful as it gets! Aside the fact that the games included in the collection are seriously dated, there are other major issues that just cannot be ignored. Controls can't be properly configured and require player to use only arrow keys. I'm not certain about joystick input since the game just won't detect any of my pads! Needless to say that this automatically makes vs mode inaccessible. Online is unbearably laggy and that's just something I can't understand! I mean, these games are, like, million years old! How hard can it possibly be to make them work properly online? Other flaws include lack of ANY bonus content and a very little number of achievements. The game was originally planned to be in HD but sloppy Netherrealm dudes decided that they don't give a damn to strain themselves. Bearing this in mind, it doesn't surprise that the final product is the way it is - quickly scrapped piece of amateurish junk thrown in the market just to milk a few extra bucks on account of recently released MK9. This 'collection' is a slap in the face to all MK fans worldwide and I don't believe that anyone in the right mind (apart from the Netherrealm employees) would reward this trash - and that's an overestimate - with a favorable review. If you own a MAME roms of MK one through Ultimate, play those and don't even think about wasting your money on this abomination. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I even rated this game 1... 0 seems more objective. Unforgivable crap.… Expand
Jan 17, 2013Horrible, horrible, Windows LIVE overlay makes it nearly impossible to play. From my Amazon review:
* Windows LIVE overlay pops up as soon as you try to play
* Requires that you type your username and password (if you use a password safe tool, it won't let you paste the password at all! My Windows LIVE password is a long, random string of letters, numbers and punctuation which I did not enjoy being forced to manually type 3 times during the install)
* If your account is old (mine was) or you never created one, it will fail and send you to a browser to create one.
* In the browser it will ask all sorts of personal info, and fail if you don't provide it!
* Once you create an account, it will tell you that it needs to update the Windows LIVE client and dump you back into the game, but there is no "exit the game" option until you're done with Windows LIVE setup! You have to force-exit the game from windows and re-start it to get Windows LIVE to behave
* On re-starting, it will tell you (after you manually type your password again, because the update threw it away) that your Windows LIVE account doesn't have a gamer tag (I didn't want one, but too bad), so you get thrown out to a browser again, only this time if you use a non-IE browser, it will subvert that and run IE, even though it didn't last time to create the account!
* Once you associate a gamer tag, you can manually tab back to the game and then you can log in (might have to restart game again).
* At this point you get a mildly passable port of MK.… Expand
May 28, 2012Pros: - classic MK games - best in series; - multi-player; - achievements; Cons: - Unreal engine (!) - lazy-ass devs; - laggy unplayable multi-player;
- unchangeable key-bindings;
- Logitech gamepad problem;
- inability to set player 2 controls on keyboard - necessity of XBOX 360 controller;
- lack of support;
- waste of money.… Expand