8.6

1. Nov 22, 2014
    Bought it in 2010, still playing. That says something, especially if you have a gaming PC which can run any other game too. This **** has such an addicting multiplayer
  2. Nov 21, 2014
    GOG you got me..........free Mount and Blade download.....played for 10 hours and absolutely hooked. "Had " to buy Warband because it was better...........well played.....this is what they do to kids....give the kids the drugs for free...and then boom they are hooked.....

Amazing game. Two hours into the game Tundra Bandits stole my horse. Fifteen hours later and over 300 bandits

Amazing game.

Two hours into the game Tundra Bandits stole my horse. Fifteen hours later and over 300 bandits sold to the Ransom broker.....still no sign of my horse.

What I Love:
    If I get swarmed by two or more enemies I get killed.
    Two javelins to the face and I am out.
    Made a bad decision and lost my horse and weapon....all I had left was my bow and some dried meat. It took me close to four hours to get back to where I was.
    Decisions....who do I help....who can I trust.....how much can I afford......
    Fighting mechanics....directional blocking and hitting......
    The sound effects when I make contact with my two handed ax from my horse.
    Helping villagers.
    Caring about my Warband and all the time I put into training them.
    Reading a book takes longer than just pushing a button.
    Weapon skills are advanced by using them.
    The emotions of seeing a village you helped getting looted by a 200+ army and not being able to do anything about it.
    Feeding my Warband butter.
    Not going on a game wiki and discovering new things....
    On going destruction and sense of despair....smoke rising from looted villages.

My first battle with 7 new recruits against 12 bandits....pure mayhem!!!! We got slaughtered.....
  3. Nov 17, 2014
    Got the game with all DLCs and expansions for €20 off steam, definitely worth it, probably the best medieval game i have played after AOE2. Played over 15 hours and just become a vassal and got 2 castles, as a normal mercenary doing the tasks was fun but had to run away from big armies, now Im capturing forts without aid, Amazing
  4. Oct 30, 2014
    i like this game except the repetitive quest and battles and some map bugs. Really unique from all other medieval or rpg games i played. There are still work to be done in strategic aspects. Like in Crusader Kings II where you have many choices that can impact the outcome of your dynasty and not repetitive quests and battles.
  5. Oct 29, 2014
    Mount & Blade: Warband is frustrating game because at the heart it has a great idea, but in practice it is poorly implemented. The game reminds me a bit of that old game Lords of Midnight, that combined role play game aspects with a war game mechanism.
    At first the game looks promising. You start out with only a few weapons, a horse and some money and you take it from there. You do some quests, recruit some troops, invite some npc heroes and slowly improve your small army.
    A first you are involved in dealing with brigands, ruffians, looters and deserters. Nothing that would bring down the wrath of some local lord on you. Eventually you join one side or another as a mercenary so you have an idea of how combat with regular troops works.
    Once you have done some battles you will be eventually involved in a siege.. either as the assaulting party or as the defending party.
    It is all exciting at first.
    At first..
    But after a while this game starts to bore. It bores because it doesn't offer much more than this,
    There is no story line. Conversations with characters have at the best three options and are quickly explored. Once you start your own empire you find out that diplomacy has only four options: declare war, ask for a truce, submit to an adversary or say hello.
    Handling the affairs of you own empire is equally rudimentary implemented. Taxes you have no control over. Handling your lords comes down to giving them a fief, which will increase your influence with them, but decreases your influence with all your other lords. This limits the amount of lord you actually can handle to below ten.
    There is a kind of romance system, which I didn't explore.
    There is a rudimentary trade system, which is useless. Useless because it involves you in buying goods at town a to sell them at town b for a small profit. But given the limited inventory, the limited amount of goods at town a and the fact that town b always is at the other side of the map and thus takes a long time to travel to, it hardly makes give you enough profit to even cover the expense of the army you need to protect you.
    The only other economical thing you can do is buying a factory.. only one per city. The factory brings in money and you have almost no control over the production.
    And that is about it.
    The game then excels in boring repetition.
    Sieges are probably the worst aspect in the game. You can't let the AI handle them as your losses will increase tenfold, so you have to do every siege of every castle and town yourself. These sieges come down to shooting matches which go on until the enemy has no more people left of so few you can ask them to surrender. Which only happens when you have around five time the troops. Consider this: at the max you have around 150 men. The usual castle has around 150 to 200 men. To get them to surrender you have to kill around 130 to 170 men.
    Cities are even worst, some have like 400 men and even more if a lord is also defending that city.
    What is even worse is that these lords regenerate troops very fast. I once had to assault a town containing 5 lords.. and when I marched off to get new troops I found upon returning that they had regenerated fifty troops.. including some elite troops.
    The fact that things look refreshing from a 1st/3rd person view at first and that each castle and city seem to be unique doesn't make the boring tedious sieges any better to bear.
    Recruiting is another woefully boring part in the game. You will be needing a lot of troops to man your castles and towns and you get most of them by recruiting them from the villages. This involves you in travelling around the map recruiting villagers and then transport them to a town or castle to garrison them. Since the amount of villagers you can recruit is limited you will be doing a lot travelling around the map. The game has no automated mechanism to handle recruiting.
    The AI also never gives up. Once you have conquered almost all the cities and castles of an enemy you might think he will surrender, but no way. They all go on until you have capture everything he owns.
    So the game thus boils down to doing sieges and more sieges and even more sieges. Perhaps do some battles in between before doing more sieges and even more sieges. And once you have captured enough castles you have to recruit and recruit and recruit to collect a garrison to protect them.

So if you like to sit through dozens upon dozens of battles and sieges, most of which are totally irrelevant but which you have to do yourself because the AI is to inept to handle things well, than this is the game for you.
    If you are looking for a game with a good story line, interesting conversations and a involved background - the things that you associate with a good role play game- than this is definitely not the game for you.
    All in all a mediocre warfare game that gets boring fast.
  6. Oct 25, 2014
    Mount & Blade: Warband is by far the best medieval battle simulator. It is not like other battle simulators where you command a bunch of minions to attack eachother and watch closely how your troops die. No, it is not. You will actually be fighting yourself. Take a bow, sword, pike, crossbow; mount yourself to a horse or fight on foot; command your troops to attack with you or stay backMount & Blade: Warband is by far the best medieval battle simulator. It is not like other battle simulators where you command a bunch of minions to attack eachother and watch closely how your troops die. No, it is not. You will actually be fighting yourself. Take a bow, sword, pike, crossbow; mount yourself to a horse or fight on foot; command your troops to attack with you or stay back while you will be the hero. All of this is possible in this wonderful game. But that's not all; it is not just about fighting. You can recruit your own swordsmen, mercenaries, archers, pikemen - level them up, garrison them into your freshly won castle, or even a town. Ride around the Calradia, be a part of politics, trade commodities, look for the love of your life, and eventually marry her. Yes, you can even marry in this game.
    And if you get bored of slaughtering your enemies alone, you could join one of the many multiplayer servers. The skill cap is insanely high and you will always be able to get even better. Also there are many mods with multiplayer features also to keep you entertained.
    So, what are you waiting for, GO and get that game. You won't regret it!
    ------------
    Carp Ra
  7. Sep 24, 2014
    Good rpg for novice in this grade. But I think there is not enough things to do for longer play. So game is exciting for first 20 hours, later you must download mods or get fun on cheats.
  8. Sep 11, 2014
    This game is a bit rough around the edges, but this kind of gameplay is something I really haven't found with anything else. A fitting description for this game might be "Medieval simulator" or something like that. It is EXTREMELY addictive and I can't see myself putting it down anytime soon despite my already countless hours. Would highly recommend to any strategy or Medieval lover.
  9. Vel
    Aug 31, 2014
    This game is a prime example of how a good idea and solid gameplay can trump graphics and polish. It's basically a combination of strategy/RPG. You start out by yourself, but will quickly recruit an army and travel from town to town, performing various quests, fighting bandits, etc. The world map is huge, with a variety of towns, villages, and castles.

The good: - An open world truly

The good:
    - An open world truly gives you the ability to do just about anything (although some activities are encouraged over others)
    - Troops you recruit are fairly unique, and can be upgraded to different classes
    - There is a real sense of accomplishment, with the ability to go from a random guy with a sword to lord of a town and some surrounding villages

The not so good:
    - The graphics are a bit dated, and some of the combat can be a bit repetitive
    - The menu's and options are a little haphazard in their layout.
    - Unfortunately, creating your own kingdom can be a real nightmare, and absorb way too much time.

Overall, definitely worth getting if you enjoy RPG's and medieval combat.
  10. Aug 20, 2014
    I've managed to play over 600 hours on this game getting all the single player steam achievements. I highly recommend using Diplomacy Mod or any other mod with Diplomacy built in. I sucked hard at low levels, but kept at it until I ruled all Calradia. This has been one of the few games I've bought recently where I know I got my money's worth.
  11. Jul 26, 2014
    The amount of attention a game like Mount and Blade has received has been both positive and negative, but strangely, even years after its release, its still positive. Having barely attempted the Multiplayer aspect or many of the overhaul gameplay mods available, I strictly turn my attention over to "vanilla" Mount & Blade: Warband and its singleplayer campaign- if you can honestly call itThe amount of attention a game like Mount and Blade has received has been both positive and negative, but strangely, even years after its release, its still positive. Having barely attempted the Multiplayer aspect or many of the overhaul gameplay mods available, I strictly turn my attention over to "vanilla" Mount & Blade: Warband and its singleplayer campaign- if you can honestly call it that. You are dumped in a world known as "Calradia", and after a rather brief role playing game configuration character screen, you'll pick skills that will effect how you'll play, how you'll fight, or how you'll manipulate the economy or control your band of would-be-rent-a-warriors throughout the experience. Trouble is, their is only but so much you actually need to get through Warband as far as the actual "game" is concerned. Strictly speaking, you should either be a melee character i.e. swords and shields, an archer i.e. crossbows or bows, or an intelligent merciless mercenary i.e. medic skills or being (at times hard to believe) immensely influential over various NPC's- which is apparently a skill a person can "level up" as well. First things first, if you don't trade, build enterprises or loot, you will be fighting all manner of bandits till the end of time. Nord bandits make the most money, hand out the most experience, and ultimately produce the most valuable loot to sell off to various city markets. You can easily a quire ten or so Knights from any faction (aside from the Nords and Rhodoks) and commence this endless harvest of Denars, (the games term for "gold" or money) experience and some of the best armor and weapons in what I'd like the call "the mid-game" period. After this, you simply become a mercenary for a faction, help out here and there and "poof" you can join up and become a semi-permanent addition to a kingdom. This is where the game crawls to a halt. If you're not at war, you will be scavenging for money and loot, if you are at war you will be scavenging for villages to plunder and enemy lords to battle. If you're not doing any of those things, than it means you were trying to protect the many fiefs, Castles or cities that have suddenly been given to by your King for likely being such an awesome person or maybe he just thinks your a swell guy/ gal for having more renown and honor than any other lord in his cabinet. Politics aside, Mount & Blade is fun. Its "simulation" fun, its "babysit army" fun, its tedious battle fun, but it has a combat system not seen since "Dark Souls" and it does having a learning curve. That's more than a lot of titles can claim these days. However, once you've effectively broken the game, this skill ceiling literally collapses under the weight of an antiquated engine, terrible artificial intelligence, and a random sequence of events that can suddenly cause two even three kingdoms to declare war on yours and wreck everything you've been working towards in a matter of weeks. To "break" this game, all you need are all the major medic skills and your intelligence up to 30, once this is complete, you can commence leveling up your Charisma and begin to drag around hundreds of men to do whatever you need at that point. After this, battles become a breeze (even your armies configuration hardly matters) and near one hundred Swadian Knights, for instance, suddenly become your best friends in all the world. This strategy also works with Rhodoks infamous "Sharpshooter" crossbow infantry. Who, as long as they have a hill to perch upon or any elevation whatsoever, are practically invincible and tear apart armies double yours. The true failing of the game, is that after awhile, money stops mattering, skills you once thought about investing in become pointless as you already have enough men to fight without you ever being involved. It eventually does become "babysitting" and no their isn't a better way of putting it. Their is supposedly an automated battle system that is very poorly programmed and tends to output miserable losses on your side, so it best not ever be used unless you have no choice obviously. However this brings up an even worse problem for when you have the ability to heal your army in a matter of half a day the NPC lords are suddenly not particularly scary. Even if you "lose" and "leave" a battle, but take no losses of your own you can march right back up that same enemy army and annihilate them as they've been unable to recover from their losses as quickly as you've been able to. This works for Castle sieges, 2-1 battles, and even looting villages. I understand the game is old, but the developers need to consider putting more effort into a singleplayer experience that is actually fun, not tedious or repetitive and ultimately easily abused. Its a shame, as most of the game is quite well designed even for not having an actual goal to work towards or a story to follow. The more you play the sooner things begin to stagnate. Expand
  12. Jul 24, 2014
    Jogo bom não pega em nenhuma aspecto, quem não gosta é porque não sabe jogar, sinto falta apenas de poder criar um reino, mas de resto acho muito bom.
  13. Jul 14, 2014
    It's annoying that some of these reviewers are rating the game 10/10, when they even admit that there are some pretty bad flaws in this game. Yes, the game has huge potential. Does it live up to that? No.
    Mount and Blade: Warband is what you would get if you mixed a crappy version of Dragon Age Origins with an even more crappy version of Skyrim, and then threw in a broken version of Chivalry. Map movement is slow and bland. Combat is broken and stiff. Movement is yawn worthy. Overall gameplay is weak. The only saving grace is that it's addicting, but even then, you just hate yourself for being addicted to this broken mess of a game.
    There's a lot of potential with this game, but it ultimately went to waste when the developers decided to take a huge **** all over their game.
    I'd normally give it a weak 6/10, but since people here are exaggerating their positive reviews, I'm evening the field with 3/10 . . . and that's not even a far stretch.
  14. Jul 11, 2014
    One of the best medieval fighting games ever made. Multiplayer is addiktive and gives more feel and options than most bigger titles. Single player is fine too with so many mods, Mount & Blade series allways had huge and great modding community.

Ever dreamed of playing multiplayer map defending helm's deep against horde of individual enemies? Then this is your game. Mount and Blade

Mount and Blade (2): Bannerlord, Im waiting you!
  15. Jul 6, 2014
    Mount & Blade: Warband - WOW, was my first reaction playing this game. Although the graphics are not awesome, it doesn't even mind. It's the "most sandbox" game I've ever played. True, you cannot run through cities and visit bars, clubs etc., cause it's medieval game.
    You start as a yourself-created person looking for a new life in a land called Calradia. I'm not gonna tell you what you can do in this game, because you can do everything. Here are at least the main aspects:
    •RPG System - As you fight, complete quests you earn experience which helps you to wear new armor, weapons, horses, allows you to lead bigger army and MANY other advantages.
    •Battles - The fighting system and horse riding is incredibly fun and awesome. It's very realistic so it mostly depends on your skill. You can even defeat many enemies self if you are skilled enough.
    •Factions - You may help one faction to earn respect, improve your relationships (which is very important) or help other factions as well, fight against enemy lords, help villagers, get married etc. Later you can also create own faction and possibly conquer other factions and the whole Calradia!

Problem is, the game is easy to learn, OK, but very Very VEry VERy VERY HARD to master.

9/10 - Warning! Game might ruin your life.
  16. Jun 29, 2014
    This game is a little bland on its own, it doesn't have much in the way of story, but for a medieval world game, it hits spot on with the gameplay, the controls can be a bit hard to get used to, but once you do the game is very enjoyable, it just lacks a decent story.

Luckily the modding community have managed to make some truly great mods for it. I am currently playing a mod based on the George R. R. Martin book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" called "A clash of kings", the title of the second book in the series. And I am having a hard time stopping sometimes.

If the game had the story that some of the mods provide in the unmodded game, it would be a solid 10 for me, but even without it it is still a great game, and the mods are available, just difficult to find sometimes.
  17. Jun 5, 2014
    An awesome game that is unfortunately quite ruined thanks to an very unrealistic and crude political system whereas monarchs won't "recognize" you or even sue for peace when they are inches away from dying because you lack a magical "Right to Rule" stat.. Which is gained from doing stuff like making peace.

Multiplayer has also unfortunately turned into a "Who can spin around and swing

Multiplayer has also unfortunately turned into a "Who can spin around and swing abuse the most". But still singleplayer is great fun with some mods.
  18. Jun 4, 2014
    best game i've played, good graphics when you are in very high settings, good playability, good sounds but no speaking characters, there is no history, but you can create you own story.
  19. May 28, 2014
    Not bad, not bad at all. You get a decent combat animation thing, a whole lot of decisions that could either bring about good things or bad, and not too easy.
  20. May 17, 2014
    Truly great game, will definitely go down as a classic.
    From a great battle engine that allows you to engage in combat realistically, to use of differing items such as horses, shields, bows, swords etc., you really do get a great feel for the game and the kit you buy/capture.
    Truly great game, will definitely go down as a classic.
    This is far superior to the shambles that is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, as you get used to attacking and defending with different weapons, and it actually works rather well; you will become accustomed to timing in a more intuitive way.
    The map is impressive, whilst the missions make up for some entertaining outcomes!
    This game had the feel of Elite (to all those old 80's/90's gamers!), open ended, and allowing you to progress at your own rate.
    What made this game particularly special though, were the sheer amount of modded gaming engines available to download. I played the Roma Bellum mod, and the only description I can give is superb.
    Makes not for hours of play, but weeks and months, as the open ended nature of the game allows you to tackle your goals in any way you desire.
  21. Mar 20, 2014
    By itself, a solid 8/10 game that will provide numerous good hours of entertainment.

But what really makes this game great is the outstanding mod community and DLC. The Napoleonic Wars DLC in particular is worth every penny (especially with its challenging yet legitimately rewarding melee combat system). Get it, join a regiment (one of the numerous player clans that have banded

But what really makes this game great is the outstanding mod community and DLC.

The Napoleonic Wars DLC in particular is worth every penny (especially with its challenging yet legitimately rewarding melee combat system). Get it, join a regiment (one of the numerous player clans that have banded together and host numerous amazing events ranging from fun period-style linebattles to epic sieges all with up to 200 players in game).

If you want it, there's a mod for it. Ranging from Lord of the Rings to Game of Thrones to feudal Japan, there's countless mods to fit your needs/desires. The modding community for this game is simply outstanding.
  22. Mar 18, 2014
    the graphics are **** controls suck...and for the love of god there is no voice acting. Its 2014 I shouldn't have to read every thing an NPC says in a game....
  23. Mar 7, 2014
    Mount & Blade: Warband is an extremely entertaining game. While starting off as an adventurer, and being able to work yourself up to higher than a king. The game allows you to do things your way and doesn't set a specific path for you to follow. I have played for over 50 hours on this game, and am still playing it quite commonly.
  24. Feb 27, 2014
    A really great game. The graphic (real-time-battles) isn't very good, but the battles are epic and fast and so it doesn't matter. The graphic of the "strategic" map is also not very good, but good enough for a map and after all very detailed. Every other things in M&B Warband are just awesome, The RPG-part is very deep and you have a lot of different ways of skilling your char. the battlesA really great game. The graphic (real-time-battles) isn't very good, but the battles are epic and fast and so it doesn't matter. The graphic of the "strategic" map is also not very good, but good enough for a map and after all very detailed. Every other things in M&B Warband are just awesome, The RPG-part is very deep and you have a lot of different ways of skilling your char. the battles are just epic. a lot of Units, massive cavalry attack, archers, everything that a medieval-game Needs. And there are hundreds of items, from Food to weapons, nearly everything. you can Play as a Bandit, an Lord or king or as a merchant, and every way is funny and difficult. and you can Play this game hundreds of hours and Play it again and again, every single start is unique. Expand
  25. Feb 19, 2014
    Well, this game pretty much changed my life. I'd say it has better replay value than Tetris and Smash Brothers put together. The multiplayer mods are amazing and the game can be challenging and funny if you want it to be.
  26. Feb 7, 2014
    Fantastic!

Mount and Blade Warband is a precious hidden diamond. Along with some of the best mods, it becomes simply irresistible. One of the most addictive games ever. I am talking about hundreds of hours of game-play, that's most certain.
  27. Feb 2, 2014
    Тупое дерьмо, эта игра сосет член.Мне дали квест пойти и освободить сына одного пиздюка и я тихо пробрался в замок подхожу к темнице ну и там стоит стражник его надо уебать и взять ключи, но у него меч и броня пиздатая,а у меня палка и броня и олений кожи,а все потому что в замок с крутой броней и мечом нельзя зайти потому что тебя с палят ну и этот пиздюк тебя убивает все время.Тупое дерьмо, эта игра сосет член.Мне дали квест пойти и освободить сына одного пиздюка и я тихо пробрался в замок подхожу к темнице ну и там стоит стражник его надо уебать и взять ключи, но у него меч и броня пиздатая,а у меня палка и броня и олений кожи,а все потому что в замок с крутой броней и мечом нельзя зайти потому что тебя с палят ну и этот пиздюк тебя убивает все время.
  28. Jan 29, 2014
    This is the best single player game I've played in the last 10 years.

If you struggle with complex games in which proficiency takes time, you may not enjoy this like I did. After a few hours, you'll say "this is pretty good". After 10 hours, you'll say "this is really good". After 20 hours, you'll say "I am only just now beginning to see the true brilliance of this game." Just
    This is the best single player game I've played in the last 10 years.

Just check the /played time on steam reviews. There isn't another game in the catalog that CLOSE to compares with how devoted players are to this game.

TLDR: If you're a hopelessly mainstream gamer with a short attention span - don't bother. If you tend to enjoy games that take effort and learning and reward that effort, you'll love this.

Suggestion: Once you've played the vanilla game, play some mods. My personal favorite is Prophecy of Pendor.
  29. Jan 27, 2014
    Brillant game, one of my favorites, recommendable. Wonderful multiplayer, great community of players, nice maps, a lot of fun. Real medieval times, no dragons, no magic. Of course fractions are imaginary but based on real. We have a lot of mods, I recommend Floris Mod Pack - significantly expands game for single player, game gets even better and more extensive.
  30. Jan 7, 2014
    It's not an RPG basically it's a different type of ingaming and I naming it now as "Medieval Whirlwind".
    First you really cannot find that fighting system anywhere and any game and the fighting and warfare ,s really pretty and it seems they going to improve it in Taleworlds' sequel to Warband: Mount&Blade Bannerlord.
  31. Jan 6, 2014
    This game amazing. Epic and engaging multiplayer with a addicting single player. Amazing combat with a sense of fulfilment when you start to get good at it. Almost as good as Cory in the house.
  32. Dec 29, 2013
    One of my favourite games of all time. There is no other game anything like this. This game is unique. The combat requires skill. Great singleplayer mode, great multiplayer. I have spent hundreds of hours playing this game.
  33. Dec 17, 2013
    Good sand Box game in medieval setting. What really makes it shine is the replay value in the many fan made mods. Game play tweaks as well as total Conversions. How does being a noble holding fief for King Robb of the North sound? Well before the red wedding I may add.
  34. Dec 5, 2013
    Mount & Blade Warband is a positive experience, one that I routinely go back too, even if just for a battle.

The singleplayer experience is quite fun, but, being a pure sandbox game, gets boring and very repetitive quite fast. To best enjoy the singleplayer sandbox one has to play without exploiting the numerous exploit possibilities, otherwise instead of becoming a challenging experience it turns into repetitive grinding and soon after unbearable boredom. So I would say that this game is better when you set some rules for your game. For example, when a warband loses a battle and I your player is made prisoner, the game setback is to remove a few ingame money from your purse and sometimes one item from your inventory, what I do in my games is to remove randomly 50% of my gear so that defeat has a big impact, this keeps my sandbox experience alive and challenging for a longer time.

The mutiplayer experience is fun, but be prepared to run against players who know all the exploits and tricks, making the game far from the "realistic" setting you may hope for.

Finally, there's lots of amazing mods, both multiplayer and singleplayer mods, some are very detailed and open lots of possibilities, others are simple and change some game mechanics, this mods keep the game alive for much longer and they get to the point they are much better than the vanilla game, much better.

Emotionally I would give this game a 9, but I don't believe I can rate a game just for the good moments it provided me, so taking into account the repetitive and boring nature of it after a while, some bugs and some game mechanics I don't think are particularly very well done, I think a 7 is a good score, but keep in mind, this game will give you lots of remarkable moments, totally worth it.
  35. Dec 3, 2013
    Quite simply one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics leave a lot to be desired and the learning curve is steep, but the combat and rpg elements are exceptional, and if you set goals and roleplay you'll find yourself completely immersed in a narrative you created yourself.
  36. Nov 26, 2013
    An unique experience unlike any other that is available. If you're looking for a medieval combat simulator, there is simply no other choice. It's a huge and imaginative game that is well worth the money. Unfortunately it has numerous glaring flaws. The graphics are not good. They get the job done, but they aren't nice to look at, especially the campaign map. Serious works needs to be doneAn unique experience unlike any other that is available. If you're looking for a medieval combat simulator, there is simply no other choice. It's a huge and imaginative game that is well worth the money. Unfortunately it has numerous glaring flaws. The graphics are not good. They get the job done, but they aren't nice to look at, especially the campaign map. Serious works needs to be done to fix the graphics in a sequel. The AI is terrible. They will often ignore you or leave themselves wide open to be attacked. During siege battles you will often see enemies simply standing in place staring into oblivion for no reason. The diplomacy and relations part of the game is very poorly fleshed out. As a ruler, it is impossible to stay in good standing with your vassals. There are like a million ways to lose relation, but only about 3 ways to gain it. These flaws are huge, but they don't prevent the game from being a enjoyable experience. Expand
  37. Nov 26, 2013
    The idea of this game is really great. Real-time first-view medieval fight, exciting. And you can play it with joy for a while. Then it starts to get boring. The main problem: 1. No plots. Because that's something which can keep you playing. 2. Repeated wars, fights, duals with no new things coming up. 3. The graphics... 4. I don't see a new version of this game coming...
  38. Nov 19, 2013
    It is one of the best games i have ever played.
    I liked the Singleplayer because of building an empire and don't be bound to follow a storyline and because you can do what you want.
    But most of the time playing Mount and Blade iam playing the Multiplayer because i like this medieval setting and this action based combat mechanics. I think this is the best opportunity for people who like
    It is one of the best games i have ever played.
    I think this is the best opportunity for people who like this genre.
  39. Nov 10, 2013
    This game kind of reminds me of minecraft, there's no real goal and you get what you make of it. I love this games its so fun choosing a faction, supporting it, making friends and enemies, being rewarded your own castle and villages and a real economy!!! Example: I go where there is a lot a iron(so its cheap) and I sell it where there is none (the marketer buys it for a lot of moolaThis game kind of reminds me of minecraft, there's no real goal and you get what you make of it. I love this games its so fun choosing a faction, supporting it, making friends and enemies, being rewarded your own castle and villages and a real economy!!! Example: I go where there is a lot a iron(so its cheap) and I sell it where there is none (the marketer buys it for a lot of moola because no one has any) this is just a part of what this game has to offer but there are a few problems. Examples: I got the quest to break someone out of an enemy prison the king said he would cover up to $3000 on ransom charges but you cant pay ransom there is no way at all, so I snuck it the castle killed the guard with the keys, and went in the prison the person I had to save was in a cell (and there's no way to open cells) so I lost some of the kings trust and lost a chance to gain trust from the prisoner and I went a cross the map for nothing overall good game but unfinished I fell the sequel has a lot of potential. Expand
  40. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is just amazing. It has a large island with different kingdoms. Each kingdom has relations with each other, resulting in wars and alliances. You can mess with this system, or ignore it and make money alone. You can become whoever you want, be a lone traveler, be a merchant, be a leader of an army, or be a notorious bandit. The combat system and commands for your party makes thisThis game is just amazing. It has a large island with different kingdoms. Each kingdom has relations with each other, resulting in wars and alliances. You can mess with this system, or ignore it and make money alone. You can become whoever you want, be a lone traveler, be a merchant, be a leader of an army, or be a notorious bandit. The combat system and commands for your party makes this feel even better, and alone is enough to justify the fairly dated visuals. Expand
  41. Nov 1, 2013
    Warband added some cool things, and some not cool things. The first thing I have to point out is that they destroyed the charge system on horseback. In some scenarious I am trying to poke an enemy with a lance or spear but fail to do so because of the horrible charge timing(how fast the player swings), it might just be my skill, but the original game play on horseback(charging etc.)wasWarband added some cool things, and some not cool things. The first thing I have to point out is that they destroyed the charge system on horseback. In some scenarious I am trying to poke an enemy with a lance or spear but fail to do so because of the horrible charge timing(how fast the player swings), it might just be my skill, but the original game play on horseback(charging etc.)was better. I like that there are a little more units. I don't like that whenever I am in a arena, everyone charges at me. The enemies could be running next to each other, but they are running at me. I feels like 2 guys are just constantly spamming hits at you, you really just die at that point. Expand
  42. Oct 30, 2013
    This is a fantastic, fantasy sandbox game. Emphasis on the sandbox. PROs: the modding community is absolutely fantastic, it's what makes the game so great. Fun combat, very immersive, distinct factions, cool battles and sieges, mounted combat. Graphics are ok. There are patches that really make them great. CONs: it's sandbox, you have to largely make your own adventure which some peopleThis is a fantastic, fantasy sandbox game. Emphasis on the sandbox. PROs: the modding community is absolutely fantastic, it's what makes the game so great. Fun combat, very immersive, distinct factions, cool battles and sieges, mounted combat. Graphics are ok. There are patches that really make them great. CONs: it's sandbox, you have to largely make your own adventure which some people might find difficult. Starting out your guy is pretty weak and you have to play a while to be able to field a large army. Its a great game and its on sale often. Go grab it. Expand
  43. Oct 30, 2013
    Game is totally broken. No servers load so I can't play. I tried to fix it by turning off firewall and changing the ini but nothing works. Don't buy this broken game you will be wasting your money, it's broken and unplayable.
  44. Oct 28, 2013
    Better game that I thought it would be and even better with the best mods in place. I played it for about 50 hours without mods before finally giving in to see what it would be like with them... and wow I've already spent close to 200 hours in this game (and I've yet to conquer all of Calradia haha, and in my defense, it's harder than it first seems). So much variety in what to do and withBetter game that I thought it would be and even better with the best mods in place. I played it for about 50 hours without mods before finally giving in to see what it would be like with them... and wow I've already spent close to 200 hours in this game (and I've yet to conquer all of Calradia haha, and in my defense, it's harder than it first seems). So much variety in what to do and with what happens based on what you do. Also a good amount of units, tactics, and equipment.

I honestly am not a big fan of the fighting aspect because its rather rough and could use more polish and fluidity in my opinion. Again, mods help improve this aspect of the game along with most other gripes I originally had (such as more variety in towns/taverns/castles maps since in vanilla they're mostly carbon-copies of one another)

Without mods this would be a 9/10 for me, but with mods it's definitely 10/10.

Literally a choose-your-own destiny type of game that gives you the freedom to do whatever the hell you want. Recommended!
  45. Oct 22, 2013
    It could be said that the game doesn't add a lot to the original Mount & Blade.

There are some minor graphical changes, a new faction, a marriage system and multiplayer. Though I played a lot of the original Mount & Blade and gave it a 10/10, I've barely touched single player since I bought Warband. Multiplayer is a huge addition and a completely new and different experience,
    It could be said that the game doesn't add a lot to the original Mount & Blade.

Though I played a lot of the original Mount & Blade and gave it a 10/10, I've barely touched single player since I bought Warband. Multiplayer is a huge addition and a completely new and different experience, showcasing the beautiful combat system that could be largely ignored in the original.

There are a lot of ways to play and while many of them have a steep learning curve, it's easy to be competitive with just the basics.
  46. Oct 21, 2013
    While the game may not be the prettiest one around, it still one of the games with the most variety. You can make your character go from a lowly street beggar to the king of the continent. The game allows you to do whatever you want whenever you want, sure it may not have an intense story like TES but the game play is just wonderful.
  47. Oct 12, 2013
    mount and blade warband would be a 10 if it was a little more polished with a few bugs but other than that if you are patient, like RTS/ACTION/MEDIEVAL types of games then this is a definite pickup i would pay for this game three times over
  48. Sep 27, 2013
    best game I have played in years, bought it for £5 in a steam sale, played nearly 200hrs in just over a month, no other game since UT2k4 have I played for hours on end and not been bored or sick of it at all.

So many good mods, mount and musket, c-rpg, vikingr etc. always full servers, literally the best game around atm
  49. Sep 23, 2013
    Dated and a little rough/frustrating at times, but totally compelling. Superb combat mechanics, massive sandbox, infinitely moddable. A reliance on pointers in modern games can blind newer players to the level of agency they have in the world, there are no quest markers or breadcrumbs (just like the old days!) The often cited "lack of direction" the game has to offer is down to the lack ofDated and a little rough/frustrating at times, but totally compelling. Superb combat mechanics, massive sandbox, infinitely moddable. A reliance on pointers in modern games can blind newer players to the level of agency they have in the world, there are no quest markers or breadcrumbs (just like the old days!) The often cited "lack of direction" the game has to offer is down to the lack of imagination on the part of the player, simply put; Calradia is your oyster. Expand
  50. Sep 22, 2013
    While some might argue other similar games offer prettier graphics, none offer such a deep gameplay and the replayability M&B offers. Mount & Blade: Warband also comes with a plethora of interesting mods including some based existing lore like LOTR, ASoIaF heck even Star Wars while others are purely new like Prophesy of Pendor and Eagle and the Radiant Cross. Warband is the best in theWhile some might argue other similar games offer prettier graphics, none offer such a deep gameplay and the replayability M&B offers. Mount & Blade: Warband also comes with a plethora of interesting mods including some based existing lore like LOTR, ASoIaF heck even Star Wars while others are purely new like Prophesy of Pendor and Eagle and the Radiant Cross. Warband is the best in the Mount and Blade series and its smart, fast and fun combat mechanics will always have you coming back for more even months after you think you're done with the game! Expand
  51. Sep 11, 2013
    Awful combat, awful quests...graphics not too bad but not worth the money. If you like a game where there is no real goal and you keep having to repeat certain quests, this is the game for you
  52. Sep 11, 2013
    you might ask yourself is Mount & Blade Warband worth the money well i am here to tell ou that it is and heres why theres nice graphics (for a small game) great gameplay that never gets old amd of course you get to have your own bussiness in towns and make your own kingdom which you couldnt d in the previous game after playing for like 200+ hours i haven't found to many issues theres a fewyou might ask yourself is Mount & Blade Warband worth the money well i am here to tell ou that it is and heres why theres nice graphics (for a small game) great gameplay that never gets old amd of course you get to have your own bussiness in towns and make your own kingdom which you couldnt d in the previous game after playing for like 200+ hours i haven't found to many issues theres a few glitches here and there but nothing game breaking, however you can easily exploit the AI at certain points and you can get highly annoyed by bandit camps because when you leave them alone they get out of cotrol fast like i fought like 10 bandit groups of like 60 bandits that is crazy but they do help for leveling your guys like crazy. Multiplayer is ok not the best but ok so overall i would give this game a 9/10 oh and this is not an easy game it is very hard at first but when you understand it it makes sense and you just go around the map owning everyone Expand
  53. Sep 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lets get this out of the way right here and now, M&B Warband is NOT a game for everyone. Aside from a small quest line at the beginning of the game that can be finished in fifteen minutes, there is almost no story whatsoever, unless you count the odd jobs you get from the lords, ladies, occasionally kings, and if you a relatively decent person who cares about honor, the odd villager. Quests in M&B Warband basically boil down to fetch quests, bounties, sabotage (including the freeing of lords from prisons) and the odd mercenary contract. If that is completely unacceptable and are currently sending me spam for enjoying M&M, then you might as well close this review now. plain and simple, M&B Warband IS NOT STORY BASED, AT ALL. Aside from the odd bits of lore that you might pick up, virtually everyone in the world, excluding companions, has absolutely no back story whatsoever, unless your willing to look the lore outside the game. Even the companions, which are basically a NPC characters you can equip and level up, have a few pages of text for back story, and most of them have something to say if you take them to the right place on the map, but aside from that, there's not much to know about them. The Graphics are mundane at best and out right ugly at worst, this is not a game for you to admire grand views, its more of a game where you shrug, and occasionally wince when a character attempts a smile. Also, certain troop types are a little to clearly meant to counter one another, for example; The Rhodok Sargent, a heavy infantry unit, will trump any kind of cavalry if used correctly, where as the Nord Huscarl, will mop the floor TWICE, with absolutely anything that isn't a horse archer. Also, while the game gives you many options for a play style, and most of them work,(you can even be a merchant if you want) some are clearly more useful than others. For example, every faction in the game has, if not decent archers, than certainly guys with throwing weapons, that do massive damage if you don't a shield. As such, two-handed weapons (with the exception of the bastard sword) and polarms, are almost completely useless, unless you want to be a living pin-cushion. Now, that's all the bad things about M&B Warband, and, if your willing to forgive them, you will see why they really don't matter much. If Minecraft is the closest thing possible to a pure sandbox game, than M&B Warband is the closest thing possible to a medieval RPG, sandbox game. Plain and simple, you can do whatever you want. Sick of annoying bandits wandering around the map? Make it your goal to slaughter them all. Want to harass peasants and their livestock? Raid villages and steal from travelers. Want to become a the head of a fame mercenary company? Get a contract from one of the many squabbling kingdoms, and grab your sword and shield. Want to take over the world? You can do that too. Plain and simple, consequences for your actions aside, their isn't much, you can't do within the world of Caldria. "Build you army, call your allies, and make your make your mark on the world" barely cuts it with M&B Warband. You could spend hundreds of hours on this game's single player alone! And that's not even talking about multiplayer. M&B Warband, has multiple game modes for multiplayer, including, deathmatch, TDM, a last team standing type game mode, siege, and dual. And that's just in the main game. The modding community has been busy with this game, that is for certain. There are HUNDREDS of modifications to this game, and all are easy to get working, M&B Warband, actually has a modifications folder, that allows you to download new "modules" which are basically different games running on the M&B Warband engine. There are things I wish were better, sure. I have met rocks more intelligent than then the AI in this game, not that it really matters all that much, as the most complicated thing you are likely to do is a makeshift shield wall, and the sound track is repetitive, but shear content makes up for it by a mile and half. With a huge amount of content, a good combat system, large fan base, modding support, and hundreds of modifications to try out? You will be playing M&B Warband for years to come. And for twenty dollars, thirty if you buy the DLC, this game has conceivably has more value for money than all the Elder Scrolls games combined. Now that's something to brag about. If you are willing to get past its flaws, and intend to download mods, the only reason you should get his game, is if you don't have a computer that can run it. And if you don't steal one from you nearest store, and get this game NOW. Expand
  54. Jul 31, 2013
    I love this game, the artistic style, the combat, the scale of the war, and many other things. Although this game does have quite a few downsides, but they are mainly minor things, and I don't want to go into a detailed review, just go buy the game off of Steam or play the demo and enjoy!
  55. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is absolutely awful, boring, no direction, awful graphics for a game released in 2010, the gameplay is clunky and unresponsive. The game is an overall mess, even at £4 this game should not be brought.
  56. Jul 15, 2013
    I get near unlimited entertainment out of this game the combats done perfectly fun multiplayer. (Wish there was co-op but still doesn't take away from its overall glory) Near best single player i've ever had the experience to play so many amazing mods that you can never claim you don't get your moneys worth. Epic battles with over 200 players in them and the single player with mods hasI get near unlimited entertainment out of this game the combats done perfectly fun multiplayer. (Wish there was co-op but still doesn't take away from its overall glory) Near best single player i've ever had the experience to play so many amazing mods that you can never claim you don't get your moneys worth. Epic battles with over 200 players in them and the single player with mods has practically unlimited size if you can get 700 troops together then with the help of an easy to install mod you can have the most epic battle i've ever seen. The graphics may not be the best but this game but intuitive gameplay proves that graphics don't make a game the character customization isn't the best but there's certainly some variety although messing with most of the advanced options will create some pretty hideous sights. The story is one of the best parts for me theres no script its what you make they release you in this great world and then its up to you to make it it very organically creates a story from events you make happen or participate in whether or not you roleplaying. This game is must a buy. Expand
  57. Rem
    Jul 10, 2013
    Warband is a step-up from the original Mount and Blade, but it does not warrant enough for it to stand on its own. Once again it is a simulation type game with you traveling a world map doing quests or joining factions till you eventually become ruler of the land. It doesn't deter from anything more than that, but it sure is addicting. In the end the multiplayer is great if not for theWarband is a step-up from the original Mount and Blade, but it does not warrant enough for it to stand on its own. Once again it is a simulation type game with you traveling a world map doing quests or joining factions till you eventually become ruler of the land. It doesn't deter from anything more than that, but it sure is addicting. In the end the multiplayer is great if not for the intuitive medieval swordplay mechanic. A prettier update is nice, but I don't see much to convince of $10 when I can go back to the original and have the same experience. Expand
  58. Jun 30, 2013
    The multiplayer is where this game shines. If you have played the Total War games and always wanted to get in the mix in 1st/3rd person, then this is the game. 200 player maps and realistic medieval combat. I only reason I gave it "only" and 8 is because the graphics could be better, but they are not that bad for it's age.
  59. Jun 26, 2013
    300+ and I haven't lost interest in warband.

First of if you need good graphics to enjoy a game your wasting your time here, tbh the graphics are poor.
    If you look past this however theres an addictive game with brilliant combat mechanic's and decent multiplayer.

However what really makes this game is the mods, there 100s of different conversion mods which keep gameplay fresh and exciting.
  60. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is great fun and possibly the best open world/RPG/Realistic games you will find as the singleplayer never ends and the combat is really well balanced and fun but unfortunately after a few days of playing the singleplayer it began to become repetitive so I moved onto the multiplayer which was far far better than I thought it was gonna be.

The multiplayer is well balanced and

The multiplayer is well balanced and the buying of equipment is an interesting way of dealing out weapons and armor. The multiplayer modes are very simple as you have your DM and TDM but all the real fun is in siege mode where one team defends while the other teams attacks, this is amazing due to fact you can have up to 100+ players. If you get bored of the singleplayer and multiplayer the fun goes on because Mount and Blade Warband is open to mods and there are thousands of high quality multiplayer and singleplayer mod.

The graphics are not amazing but there are some serious optimization options in this game meaning alot of people are able to run it without problems.

If you love open world RPGs and med-evil combat games your gonna really want to play this!
  61. May 30, 2013
    Ok, so, like many of you, I am a hardcore rager. I have snapped game disks, stomped on my x box and and eventully I broke my x box. And i got a gaming pc. With that said, unless you are a huge rager like me, avoid this review. So many times i have yelled. As loud and as long as i could until i couldent see through my eyes because dark spots appeared everywhere. This game did that. I thinkOk, so, like many of you, I am a hardcore rager. I have snapped game disks, stomped on my x box and and eventully I broke my x box. And i got a gaming pc. With that said, unless you are a huge rager like me, avoid this review. So many times i have yelled. As loud and as long as i could until i couldent see through my eyes because dark spots appeared everywhere. This game did that. I think i have broken 2 mouses because of this game. But for some reason i cant explain i keep coming back to it. Just recently I spent all the money i had in the game on armour. I lose a battle because this games combat is and i lose it. I smash my mouse, hit my desk as hard as i can 15 times, walk around making that typical rager yell while hitting everything i could find. And finally, i rage deleted the game like i have done many times. This game is complete in terms of graphics and combat. Along with no story and absolutly no depth. All writing is in text and the game dosent even have an ending. I would strongly reccomend you get this game. But if you like games that use logic and make sence, don't get it. And if you are a rager, by no means should you get this game. Expand
  62. May 27, 2013
    Possibly my most played and favorite game of all time, and I still haven't got around to having a career with all the factions (how I have no idea). This game is still roaring with fire as well thanks to the huge mod capabilities, there's a bunch of great ones out and some that I'm really looking forward to.
  63. May 27, 2013
    I have played 118 hours of Mount and Blade: Warband's single player. It is a basic concept, but the scale of the world, countries, and battles are enough to make me keep playing. For the price, this game is everything you could hope for in a single player game. The multiplayer, In my opinion is lackluster. I didn't even touch it until over 100 hours in. But I personally don't consider itI have played 118 hours of Mount and Blade: Warband's single player. It is a basic concept, but the scale of the world, countries, and battles are enough to make me keep playing. For the price, this game is everything you could hope for in a single player game. The multiplayer, In my opinion is lackluster. I didn't even touch it until over 100 hours in. But I personally don't consider it when reviewing this game. The fact that I can start my own country and obliterate the existing ones amazes me, but adding that is actually takes time and effort makes it that much more engrossing. Expand
  64. May 2, 2013
    This is clearly the best game that I have ever played. I`ve spent over 180 hours into the single player adventure mode. I will not spend time spoiling the amazing game play for you, just buy this game if you feel like an amazing middle evil experience. please help me to fill up the server list on the great 200 player multiplayer.
  65. Mar 31, 2013
    Great game, picked up for 10 euros and got way much than i expected. Played over 80+ hours and still loving it. Game is challenging and very fun at the same time.
  66. Mar 29, 2013
    without doubt a must-play for any medieval game lovers. come to talesworld forum there is tons of mods for you to try. like lord of the rings mod, a song of fire and ice etc.
  67. Mar 22, 2013
    A nearly FLAWLESS re-edition of an absolute epic cult classic game.
    Greatly improved. Almost bug free. It's a shame that it took 5 years to come out.
    A nearly FLAWLESS re-edition of an absolute epic cult classic game.
    The only downside that i can think of right now: The lack of new music and no improvements for siege artillery. Don't forget the try out Mods, MODS make this game the best game ever. There is tons of mods out there and it is certainly the best game ever.

you must download mods to turn it into the best game, without mods this game is nothing. Go to moddb to check out for warband mods, so many out there
  68. Mar 13, 2013
    Fantastic game, so much content, great user made modifications. Awesome Napoleonic wars DLC. I got so much fun out of campaign and multiplayer game play.
  69. Mar 2, 2013
    Mount and Blade: Warband beats it's predecessor and successors, hands down. Warband is the best of the series. However, in comparison to the original, Warband only adds a new faction and more varying missions. I feel that mounted combat in specific is worse here in Warband than in the original. Nonetheless, Warband will make you spend tens of hours playing.
  70. Feb 18, 2013
    Lots of lots of fun. The singleplayer is amazing! So chill :D many hours of entertainment! Unfortunately you'll notice while playing that it's not exactly a new game.
  71. Jan 20, 2013
    The online of this game its great but in my opinion you dont have help about learning.

The story its great like you have your own army, you work for kingdoms and that.

for me a 8.
  72. Jan 14, 2013
    This game was a pleasant surprise. For only ten dollars, it has provided me with hours of entertainment in what has otherwise amounted to a decade of vapid, funless, press-X-to-win video games created by soul-sucking mega-corporations. There is greatness hidden here, and I am looking forward to the sequel immensely.
  73. Jan 4, 2013
    Mount & Blade: Warband, in my opinion, is the most innovative medieval fighting game released in this year. This game uses mouse movement to control your players' attacks and defenses (unless otherwise toggled), unlike any other game in this genre (with the exception of the War Of Roses). The singleplayer and the multiplayer are two different experiences using the same combat system.Mount & Blade: Warband, in my opinion, is the most innovative medieval fighting game released in this year. This game uses mouse movement to control your players' attacks and defenses (unless otherwise toggled), unlike any other game in this genre (with the exception of the War Of Roses). The singleplayer and the multiplayer are two different experiences using the same combat system. Singleplayer is the more complete RPG exerience, with customizable armies, companions, nations, entirely open map, and an unforgiving, uncaring world. (Quite realistic.) Multiplayer is mostly combat, with the exception of a customizable avatar and what you bring into combat (essentially your loadout). This game almost reaches it's full potential if you're willing to modify it (singleplayer, anyways).

PROS: Extensive RPG experience, Original combat system, Singleplayer/Multiplayer, Large & active playerbase, realistic, Globally played, Difficulty is easily adjusted, Entirely Open Word, Decent price, Almost 2 games in 1.

CONS: O.K. graphics (This isn't Skyrim, folks), Tendancy to house Bugs, Glitches, and other Parasites, , Difficult to learn, Addictive ; )

In CONCLUSION, this game is worth picking up if you're a true RPG/Fighting fan.
    On Steam you can grab the entire series for $8-$15.
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is really special, its not just the original game play, its not just the amazing community, its the mods, do you want a harder game, got it . Do you want to be a samurai, cowboy, Stark knight, British Warlord , Roman Centurion, Napoleonic soldier, you can have it ,in all the amazing mods .
    But if you need nice graphics, this is not your game
  75. Dec 17, 2012
    I bought this game expecting nothing. It gave me everything. The single player is amazing. Multiplayer is the weak point. Single player is like a Medieval Times version of Grand Theft Auto. Do what you want. Get strong. Wreck people. Be a king.
  76. Nov 24, 2012
    I have literally played this game for over 300 hours after the initial purchase. The vanilla single-player, while lacking a tad, is amazing and quite unique. Becoming a Lord is no easy task and takes time, with becoming a respectable king/queen even longer. The multiplayer is an entirely different experience. The skill curve is higher than most games, and it takes quite some time to becomeI have literally played this game for over 300 hours after the initial purchase. The vanilla single-player, while lacking a tad, is amazing and quite unique. Becoming a Lord is no easy task and takes time, with becoming a respectable king/queen even longer. The multiplayer is an entirely different experience. The skill curve is higher than most games, and it takes quite some time to become like the pros. There are tons of mods, and the developers encourage modding their game which is something every developer should do for their PC launches. Graphics are 'outdated' but authentic and believable. Sounds are good. After playing several mods I wish the developers added more diplomatic features or more variety in terms of troop trees and locations. It's a great game, and is well worth more than the selling price. I cannot wait for Mount and Blade 2. Expand
  77. Nov 21, 2012
    This game is the biggest adrenaline rush ever! I still can not stop playing it, the modding community has made this game more alive then ever. It has a mod hosted at www.c-rpg.net that makes this game extremely fun! Nothing then a melee combat fight. :)
  78. Nov 13, 2012
    This isn't for anyone. It reminds me of the Total War series... for whatever reason I get addicted to this stuff like crack/cocaine. Sub-par graphics... yet, extremely rewarding for the nerdiest among us.

This game is hard to stop playing (in a good way). I am just playing vanilla (100+ hours) and have sampled the Floris mod (unrelated, but I don't like the overhauled tournaments in the floris mod).
  79. Nov 8, 2012
    This is a great game! Its one of the best medieval open-ended RPG's around, and you'll find you spend an easy 40 hours in-game before you even think of playing anything else. The improvements from the original Mount & Blade are all good, but there aren't really enough of them to call this a full sequel. If you're new to the franchise, I'd recommend starting here, but if you already haveThis is a great game! Its one of the best medieval open-ended RPG's around, and you'll find you spend an easy 40 hours in-game before you even think of playing anything else. The improvements from the original Mount & Blade are all good, but there aren't really enough of them to call this a full sequel. If you're new to the franchise, I'd recommend starting here, but if you already have the first Mount & Blade, there isn't really much reason to buy Warband, unless you're a real fan of the series, which I admit that I am. Expand
  80. Oct 23, 2012
    Warband has been such a huge breakthrough in medieval combat sims. This game runs great on any pc, has a sufficient open world campaign, and has an extremely fun multiplayer that requires skill. The graphics are decent, but the price is great. This game is a must buy for the genre.
  81. Oct 13, 2012
    Outstanding gameplay followed by hour's of enjoyment. For the money this game Knock's the ball right out of the park :) Would highly recommend this game, for it's age it still in my opionion outperfom's even the most recent title's such as war of the rose's that try and compete.
  82. Sep 28, 2012
    wow, where to even begiin? i just love this game so much! the gameplay, the possibilites, the multiplayer!! i would just say that this game is underated for some reason. 78? really? what were they smoking?
  83. Sep 23, 2012
    As was previously mentioned in a few other reviews, this game will either bore you or knock your socks off. The unmodded single player is one of the most addictive and rewarding experiences I've yet encountered in any video game. the multiplayer however is worthless... that is without the right mods (all mod content is free in case you were wondering) CRPG is the current mod of choice toAs was previously mentioned in a few other reviews, this game will either bore you or knock your socks off. The unmodded single player is one of the most addictive and rewarding experiences I've yet encountered in any video game. the multiplayer however is worthless... that is without the right mods (all mod content is free in case you were wondering) CRPG is the current mod of choice to turn this game's lack luster multiplayer into a something comparable to a medieval call of duty. Custom classes and equipment etc. Now what you should know are the most impressive points of this game:
    A blend of RPG and strategy that fill both roles flawlessly. Something that many games have tried and nearly always failed.

Exelent customization options for your character and troops. RPG style skils to aid you in combat or support your army, somewhat comparable to an elder scrolls game. Additionally each soldier in your army levels up and is upgraded to whatever you choose for the soldier to be. Lead a small force of elite knights and prevail using superior quality of soldiers. Or Recruit dozens of conscripts and send them in droves to swarm and overwhelm your opposing force. Or completely fill out a balanced army of archers, cavalry and a core of infantry to co-ordinate and out maneuver your opposing force.

thirdly probably one of the features that this game has that so many other games fail to deliver is the unlimited style of game play. You don't have to choose between swarms of cheap units or a few quality warriors. You can have your cake and eat it too. work hard enough and upgrade those conscripts to swarms of highly trained knights or hundreds of elite heavy infantry loaded to the teeth with heavy weapons and armor. There is no limit to how many soldiers you can control and upgrade so long as you manage them appropriately. Also no level cap (though it will become exceedingly difficult to level up somewhere near level 32) you can specialize in tactics and troop support skills, focus all your stats to mastering combat with the weapon in your own hand, or find a niche to split your skills with your companions (hero units) and be both that combat master and a perfect commander. The only limit is the soldiers that appear in individual battles at one time, but this is easily removed with the right mods.

and lastly just to top it off the controls re astoundingly innovative. Though to be fair it takes some adjustment, the controls can be awkward at first and somewhat complicated, but the steep learning curve is over shadowed by complete control of your character. With only a bit of practice the controls become familiar and user friendly. I haven't played any other game that lets you have so much immersion in combat than warband. Not even elder scrolls can come close to the combat system.

though there is a few thing this game fails to use such great potential for:

Yes the sieges are somewhat bland. Though just as action packed and exiting as feild battles, your soldiers will merely be headbutting in a continuous clash with the other army. More of a tug of war without any strategy to use.

Also with some work-arounds this game could have impalement a co-op to the single player that could be outstanding. There are mods to allow multiplayer co-op but cannot incorporate the strategic map.

The graphics are modest at best. A bit dated look the textures and models are well done but falling short of most modern standards. However the graphic quality is good enough to merely leave room for improvement, but do not present a major drawback.

If you are crazy about story lines and ingame lore, this game lacks much of a story. Don't misinterpret, the setting is spot on perfect and the world around you is very well in theme. There is no story line past the tutorial. The reason; to allow freedom for the player to manipulate and create the story as he or she goes,but don't expect to be on the edge of your seat for what happens next.

This game will be challenging at the beginning, regardless of personal skill of the game. When you are beginning you will face a harsh, unforgiving world before you finally can dominate even the weakest of opponents. I give this game a score of ten, and for a valid reason. This is a damn good game. Period. The drawbacks are overshadowed by the positives. I seldom speak this highly for anything less than an immaculate shining gem of a game.
  84. Aug 23, 2012
    Extremely unique and extremely fun. I have put more time into this than every other rpg for a long time. If you don't like sandbox games then you won't like the single player at all but if you like medieval warfare at all then you will love the multiplayer.
  85. Aug 8, 2012
    This game is easily the best first person medieval game i have ever played, not only does it have a great single player but also a highly addictive multiplayer. A must have PC game
  86. Jul 21, 2012
    This is more a review on the expansion Napoleonic Wars. Not only is dose this expansion take a certain prowess to play its that 'certain' prowess that also makes the game absolutely hysterical. for example: stalking an enemy fifer away from the heat of battle into possibly the most remote section of the map only to find that the first two notes into his patriotic whistling was metThis is more a review on the expansion Napoleonic Wars. Not only is dose this expansion take a certain prowess to play its that 'certain' prowess that also makes the game absolutely hysterical. for example: stalking an enemy fifer away from the heat of battle into possibly the most remote section of the map only to find that the first two notes into his patriotic whistling was met blissfully with the sound of my sword cutting through his poorly animated torso and the end of yet another enemy fifer.. (on till of course he re spawns in which case ill have to go searching for him again) or to join the bobbing session in the band of your alley bobbing frantically to the sound of the bag pipes on top of the fort we are so posed to be protecting.. only to be met with a thundering artillery attack obliterating the sound of our fortuitous quest to kick the arss of every french man in the enemy ranks thus splaying our corpses into a perfect star shape on the top of our crumbling fort and the end of yet another broken band.. there are endless moments of hilarity in this game and is undeniably a grate laugh. Expand
  87. Jul 18, 2012
    This was a unique game, but I will give this review to this certain expansion since it was the greatest.
    Mount & Blade offers a different way to play a real-time-strategy game. The graphics are above average, the soundtracks are fit to the themes and the mechanics are well-thought out. Instead of sitting back and watching your troops in a battle, you can immerse in the fight yourself, which is a mechanic rarely seen in an RTS game. This game focuses more on skill than equipment, and it actually takes precision to use a bow effectively. A good game which is perfect for people that love medieval warfare, and always wished to be that master bowman!
  88. Jul 15, 2012
    I've played this game for over 250 hours. This game is simply amazing, there's just so much to do! From traveling across open plains and helping foreign lords get rid of simple outlaws, to fighting massive battles alongside the greatest of kings and against the strongest of foes. Once you conquer your own castle, nothing can possibly deny your ascension to the throne! Revolt against yourI've played this game for over 250 hours. This game is simply amazing, there's just so much to do! From traveling across open plains and helping foreign lords get rid of simple outlaws, to fighting massive battles alongside the greatest of kings and against the strongest of foes. Once you conquer your own castle, nothing can possibly deny your ascension to the throne! Revolt against your overlords and rule Calradia from your capital! Expand
  89. Jul 6, 2012
    One of the best games I have played in years. Would absolutely recommend this game to anyone who enjoys medieval combat. There are so many ways to play. Trader, ambassador, warrior etc. I myself prefer commanding armies on the battlefield. Coming up with different troop formations etc. Its awesome. I'm not very good at the multiplayer admittedly & I think 2H weapons need to beOne of the best games I have played in years. Would absolutely recommend this game to anyone who enjoys medieval combat. There are so many ways to play. Trader, ambassador, warrior etc. I myself prefer commanding armies on the battlefield. Coming up with different troop formations etc. Its awesome. I'm not very good at the multiplayer admittedly & I think 2H weapons need to be balanced in MP, but other than that, a wonderful game. Expand
  90. Jul 5, 2012
    This game is a gem. It's single player campaign is highly immersive. In the Kingdom of Calradia there is 6 factions, each representing an area of the Medieval world (Italians, Arabs, etc) .You start as a individual with a backstory decided by you and a character who's stats and looks(to the nose and eyebrow size) are decided by you. Beginning as the leader of a small warrior band, yourThis game is a gem. It's single player campaign is highly immersive. In the Kingdom of Calradia there is 6 factions, each representing an area of the Medieval world (Italians, Arabs, etc) .You start as a individual with a backstory decided by you and a character who's stats and looks(to the nose and eyebrow size) are decided by you. Beginning as the leader of a small warrior band, your military grows in size as you seize control of towns and castles and train your peasant recruits into elite warriors that can tear through enemies like medieval tanks. Eventually you will be able to conquer Caldaria alongside your Noble King or start your own Kingdom and conquer the land yourself. Little touches like interactive companions with very interesting backstories and have complex relationships with your other companions increases the feel of immersion. The Multi-player is simply epic, especially with the Napoleonic DLC. The game has developed a community of "regiments" that partake in historical linebattles. These linebattles are heavily strategic and exciting as you are always given a single life. Melee combat is simple to learn but hard to master. You direct your weapon to body parts with the mouse and block with the mouse. Engagements are exciting and there is a huge variety of modes, from large battles, duels to even great sieges. The game's servers have high player limits, 64-200 leading to epic battles. A gem and considering the price, a MUST HAVE. The game's modding community is incredibly powerful allowing for an endless stream of new content. Expand
  91. Jul 4, 2012
    Very nice game. But make sure you immediately install a set of mods - like Floris. It's really a free-lance game: you start with a sword, and do whatever you want - either serve under a King, or become one yourself. All is possible. Some controls might require getting used to - but don't give up, give this game a go, and you'll enjoy it for several dozens of hours.
  92. Jun 17, 2012
    excellent gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  93. Jun 9, 2012
    After watching my cousin play M&BW on his PC, I eventually decided to seek out a copy. On paper, this game sounds brilliant: 64 players siege battles, variety of weapons and tactical combat. In execution though, M&B is merely a good game which is only let down by some glaring faults. The most predominant fault is the rather obnoxious imbalance of weapons; two-handed weapons swing at almostAfter watching my cousin play M&BW on his PC, I eventually decided to seek out a copy. On paper, this game sounds brilliant: 64 players siege battles, variety of weapons and tactical combat. In execution though, M&B is merely a good game which is only let down by some glaring faults. The most predominant fault is the rather obnoxious imbalance of weapons; two-handed weapons swing at almost exactly the same speed as one-handed weapons, making the multiplayer somewhat frustrating. Another problem is team marking: yes, I know that team mates have circles above their heads but wouldn't it make more sense to have the two teams colour coded so you don't keep killing yourself by accidentally attacking teammates. The graphics are dated, but that's not important, what is important is that Warband is still quite a good game which could become a proper classic if the balancing and gameplay were smoothed out a bit. Expand
  94. Jun 1, 2012
    Good game, spent about 30 hours in vanilla before I got bored and installed the Floris mod pack. With the mod pack, this game is easily a 9. Wouldn't recommend this game for casuals or people who aren't patient.
  95. May 31, 2012
    Love this game. A lot more added features compared to the original M&B and there's so much opportunities. I read the comments below and I must agree that the game is especially good in the matter that the Calardia will run by itself without the player. But The Player has a possibility to change it, like everyone else.
  96. May 18, 2012
    Takes 2nd place in my personal best games list, really absorbing game 5 - 10 hours pass like 5 - 10 minutes, that might be the only bad part of it, the graphics aren't that good and some animations weren't even finished but that just doesn't matter a bit compared to gameplay itself, i love the way you can choose to be some kind of noble knight serving your king, a bandit, a rebel, or evenTakes 2nd place in my personal best games list, really absorbing game 5 - 10 hours pass like 5 - 10 minutes, that might be the only bad part of it, the graphics aren't that good and some animations weren't even finished but that just doesn't matter a bit compared to gameplay itself, i love the way you can choose to be some kind of noble knight serving your king, a bandit, a rebel, or even an emperor yourself. I hate to spoil anything ... so i won't. Expand
  97. May 13, 2012
    A highly addictive "medieval knight simulator" (impressive blend of action, strategy and role-playing) with true in-game freedom (no storyline-imposed limitations whatsoever).
  98. Apr 19, 2012
    Ok i bought this hidden gem for 5$ on Steam sale and am convinced its the best 5$ ive ever spent. I didn't think mele combat could be done this well, and the archery and horseback physics are brilliant.
    80 hours in and still havent played the single player yet...lol

Try the crpg mod for multiplayer.....it effectively turns it into an mmo rpg.

BUY THIS GAME!!
  99. Apr 18, 2012
    This game has a very unique combination of RPG, Action, and Strategy elements that adds a nice fresh combination to the RPG genre. There are a lot of things to do in this indie game, and there are a lot of items you can receive. The game itself barely suffers from any glitches (surprisingly) and it's obvious that it took a lot of work to make this game. Most people get angry over theThis game has a very unique combination of RPG, Action, and Strategy elements that adds a nice fresh combination to the RPG genre. There are a lot of things to do in this indie game, and there are a lot of items you can receive. The game itself barely suffers from any glitches (surprisingly) and it's obvious that it took a lot of work to make this game. Most people get angry over the graphics of this title, but truth be told it's an RPG and with one as massive as this one I find graphics an excusable element, but for graphics I took '-1' off of the score. This game really is a 9/10 for me. I've had so much fun playing this incessantly and building my own kingdom with my own knights. Can't wait for the second game Expand
  100. Apr 6, 2012
    3/10 for the concept, the hitboxes are so terrible in this game that you cannot even hit anyone effectively. Several times I have shot arrows going straight through people with them taking zero damage. It's so buggy, and it doesn't seem like the developers intend on fixing the hitbox horrors. I wish a game like this existed with a similar concept but with proper execution.
  101. May 1, 2011
    Highly authentic medieval combat. The most unique gaming experience I've had in a long time. In 8 hours of this Action Adventure game I've trained in weapons, archery and horseback, fought in tournaments, searched for volunteers for my mercenary band, fought bandits and deserters, tracked down criminals, ran errands for lords, delivered ransoms, ransomed/sold prisoners into slavery, tradedHighly authentic medieval combat. The most unique gaming experience I've had in a long time. In 8 hours of this Action Adventure game I've trained in weapons, archery and horseback, fought in tournaments, searched for volunteers for my mercenary band, fought bandits and deserters, tracked down criminals, ran errands for lords, delivered ransoms, ransomed/sold prisoners into slavery, traded goods between villages, trained villagers to fend for themselves, delivered aid to said villagers, drove cattle, wrangled cattle, lost in battle and was captured several times.

I'm still a lowly mercenary and have yet to even become a vessel, let alone fight in a war or earn a fief and who knows what else.

This is NOT some text based RPG. I can't put it down and highly recommend this game to anyone who loves this era.

Although there is still room for improvement, Warband's excellent combat system, respectable multiplayer and a lifespan that will prove to be a total timesink means that the game is well worth the USD$29.99 price tag on Steam. Fans of the action RPG genre and medieval games in general would do well to pick this one up.
    All in all, Mount and Blade: Warband is a great game, even despite its flaws. The overall concept is satisfying, and with a more heavyweight publisher behind the team at TaleWorlds, this is one game that could be absolutely great.
  3. On the one hand, there are the open world and the freedom to do what you want to do, on the other hand, the world is lifeless. It's a great game for some people, but the opposite for most.