8.8

1. PaulB.
    Sep 17, 2008
    Like most of introversion's games, this smashes the borders between genres. Truly innovative.
  2. Dec 24, 2010
    Like its Single-Player brother game Darwinia, it proves that story and game-play matters not graphics. Not only that, but this game has new units and features that aren't in Darwinia.
  3. SC
    Oct 10, 2008
    This game is simply awesome. A is always short, but always intense. It must be recommended to any player which like tatical games without having to know odd technology trees or to numerous and useless unites !
  4. IanD.
    Oct 15, 2008
    Wow, it's nice to see a game focus on MACRO-strategy for once, and do it so WELL! Best part are the bite-sized gameplay portions. Even though the longest games are around 20 minutes, you still find yourself playing for hours! HUGE variety in game modes as well! Somehow, Introversion has outdone itself, again!
  5. MikkelE.
    Oct 9, 2008
    One of the most unique RTS games, which ever has been made. Although it feels like to play a beta version, yet, is it still playable AND recommendable! 9/10!
  6. EF
    Sep 22, 2008
    Simply, compelling and hilarious. It's the best of RTS in a easy to play game, yet also fairly deep.
  7. TomM.
    Oct 11, 2008
    Quick, visceral, strategy which is hugely satisfying in short bursts. Not a game for epic gaming sessions, but rather one you can come back to regularly for months to come. This really is an essential game for LAN parties!
  8. FloydW.
    Oct 12, 2008
    Multiwinia is a blast...a pick up and play RTS with surprising amounts of depth, as you'll find out when you get annihilated by some of the better players out there. Don't listen to those who say it's just moving units around and waiting for a powerful power up...there is an art to arranging your units effectively. Forget the single player and dive straight in to multi Multiwinia is a blast...a pick up and play RTS with surprising amounts of depth, as you'll find out when you get annihilated by some of the better players out there. Don't listen to those who say it's just moving units around and waiting for a powerful power up...there is an art to arranging your units effectively. Forget the single player and dive straight in to multi player mayhem, the only place to develop your skills. With fantastic retro artwork from Darwinia and in your face sound effects from the battle ground, you have something very rare in gaming today...an original, fun game you'll not grow tired of playing. Expand
  9. RobinB.
    Oct 15, 2008
    Only at first glance a multiplayer add-on to Darwinia, Multiwinia soon surprises with lots of new, wonderfuly chaotic mayhem, that thoroughly expands on the ideas presented in Darwinia and thus justifies its position as a separate game easily! Normally I don't buy multiplayer only games, but boy, I'm sure glad I got this gem!
  10. AnthonyC.
    Sep 19, 2008
    IGN called it Darwinia turned into Worms as if that was a bad thing. This game is not strategically deep - it's just a hell of a lot of fun. It's not designed to be up there with the big RTSes - it's a 15 minute experience of pure epic psychedelicism. About as close to drugs as games get.
  11. JohnC.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Good fun, quick and enjoyable. The games are quick and intense, for some good rts arcade action.
  12. JL
    Sep 25, 2008
    An awesome short-game RTS. Pros: Short, action packed games. Simple gameplay Much purer strategy that most games... only a couple unit types. Cons: UI is a little on the simple side.
  13. RichardS
    Sep 25, 2008
    Quite fun, interesting and thoughtful. A lot of consideration has been poured into this game and the warplay is quite in depth. Because there aren't any leaderboards it doesn't matter much whether you win or lose. Even if you get wiped out you can still have an enjoyable time watching the game progress and occasionally intervening with your once a minute retribution. There are a Quite fun, interesting and thoughtful. A lot of consideration has been poured into this game and the warplay is quite in depth. Because there aren't any leaderboards it doesn't matter much whether you win or lose. Even if you get wiped out you can still have an enjoyable time watching the game progress and occasionally intervening with your once a minute retribution. There are a few problems however with the retail. There have been synchronization issues in-game causing servers to freeze for a period of time, there isn't any chat in the lobby, and some modes are quite imbalanced. These things all need a good tweak and patch to be fixed. Introversion has a good history of supporting its games. I give it a ten. Expand
  14. DanielM
    Jan 6, 2009
    A different kind of RTS, multiwinia makes for excellent fast paced games that are rare in the genre. At first the game may appear slightly too hectic and perhaps the strategy somewhat simple. However, don't be fooled, this game has a suprising amount of depth that becomes apparent the more you play. There are vast amounts of fun had while maintaining command while being on the brinkA different kind of RTS, multiwinia makes for excellent fast paced games that are rare in the genre. At first the game may appear slightly too hectic and perhaps the strategy somewhat simple. However, don't be fooled, this game has a suprising amount of depth that becomes apparent the more you play. There are vast amounts of fun had while maintaining command while being on the brink of utter chaos and entertaining crate pick ups (including nukes, powerups and turrets) make sure that stalemates come to an end. Class game! Expand
  15. MarcT.
    Sep 24, 2008
    It is such a great feeling to know I am playing this RTS for 5 or 10 minutes. Since getting married and children I have never been able to enjoy a RTS until now. The game is quick and simple. I am a little concerned on the balance of luck and crates in some of my battles I had enemies gain 7 crates to my zero since they fell right on their base camp. Also some of the map placements are It is such a great feeling to know I am playing this RTS for 5 or 10 minutes. Since getting married and children I have never been able to enjoy a RTS until now. The game is quick and simple. I am a little concerned on the balance of luck and crates in some of my battles I had enemies gain 7 crates to my zero since they fell right on their base camp. Also some of the map placements are uneven, but!!! I love the fact that you can still effect the game after you have been eliminated. You basically get to use super powers on the map every 45 seconds. Funny how this will work down the road. You don't want to be a jerk to the person you just rolled over or else they will spam you with bad bad things. + Fast Furious RTS Action + Time Limit Games allow game play for people on a busy schedule +FUN -No voice chat - - - No chat in game launch lobby prior to launch -Uneven maps and crate drops. Expand

Multiwinia makes most other RTS games look like bloated, honking walruses.
  2. For fans of Darwinia, this game is an instant purchase, but I’d recommend waiting on the Arcade version for online play. For anyone on the fence, pick up the demo, and here’s hoping it gets the reaction on consoles it deserves.
  3. Multiwinia is, in a two words, chaotically fun.