8.5

1. Jan 22, 2012
    Got this game cheap (very cheap), and embarrassingly being an adult, I enjoyed it! It is a young person's story (as you expect from the books), I would recommend it to the 8 to 10 age bracket, since it is short, clean, polite, fun, nice music, and easy puzzles for an adult, but a kid may have to think more on it. I assume the whole series is like this one, and will not give them a go myself, but playing one out of curiousity is worth the 2-3 hours, and this one is fun. As I said, would be happy to buy this as a present for younger kids, and would recommend it so if ever needing to go that route. Expand

1. The mystery is intriguing and the puzzles interesting to figure out. Kids will have a good time using their brains to decipher lots of clues.
  2. A fun adventure title with some interesting puzzles. However, the rigid control scheme and lack of in-depth interaction detracts from what could have been a much better game.
  3. The tightness of the game’s construction, plot and location mean that the game is pretty short. This is not a complaint. Nancy Drew books aren’t long, and it wouldn’t make sense for the games to be epics, either.