4.8

1. Jul 25, 2013
    When I played NASCAR THE GAME 2013 for the first time, I must admit I was greatly disappointed. The game plays nothing like a racing simulator. You can't even do your own pit stops or restarts. The AI is awful regardless of the difficulty level. Real fans have waited since 2003 for an updated NASCAR racing simulator, and I had great hopes that this would be it. Instead it's just another arcade game no different than any other. People prefer a racing simulator as opposed to an arcade game. If you make NASCAR games in the future you should take this into consideration and create a true racing experience for players and not just another bad game. Expand
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Absolutely terrible game! Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of crazy F1 fans who hates NASCAR. It's just the game... It's just a silly arcade game with good graphics. 10 years old game "NASCAR Racing 2003 season" is still better than this.
    First of all, AI is terrible and it crashes all the time.
    Secondly the physics are so unrealistic and forgiving Making a 180mph turn in
    Atlanta/Chartlotte with full throttle? Sure, why not... still without spinning the car. Of course I'm talking about "realistic" mode with all aids turned off.

There are only two cool things about it when we compare "NASCAR: The Game 2013" to NASCAR Racing 2003 season Career mode and proper rules like: GWC finish, double-file restarts and so on.

To sum up, don't buy it. Play NR2003 or iRacing if you like racing online.
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    Graphics of Nascar haven't changed much car voices are awful the difference between cars are just speed and very little things AI is awful opponents are dumb in medium difficulty and they cause crashes
  4. Jul 24, 2013
    The AI in this game is absolutely awful. They constantly cause crashes (every 1-4 laps from what I've seen so far) that barely lets you get any race time in. I spent 1 hour restarting a 5-lap game over and over, trying to get 1 race without an AI-caused caution, and couldn't do it. I eventually had to turn cautions off to make the game playable, and even then they normally cause about 1 red-flag per race (doing 2-5% length races).

In terms of gameplay I've seen many instances where I can secure the pole by a hefty margin, but when put into the actual race every single car will out-accelerate my car, even off the start. It makes it feel like the game has shifty biases to try and make it feel like it is more challenging, when really it's just frustrating.

I rate at a 3 hoping that multiplayer without AIs will have some saving graces, but how terrible the AI is makes single-player unplayable for me.

I would love a refund on this game if I could get one, and I don't think I've felt that way about a game ever before.
  5. Aug 5, 2013
    I'm a huge racing fan, and play mostly racing games. This one is just garbage. The mechanics are solid, and running practice and qualifying rounds are fun, but as soon as there is any AI racing against you the game falls apart. The AI will crash you, themselves, your mother-in-law, any planes flying overhead, anything and everything.

50 lap race on Bristol, 47 run under caution while I
    was involved in maybe 3 wrecks. I had pole position on Texas, and did 15 restarts in a row trying to get a first lap without a caution but it never happened. The AI would wreck each other before the first corner every single time. Also, if you're lucky enough to get through the first few laps and let the field spread out a bit, the AI will wreck you for no reason.

Save yourself some money and steer clear of this game.
  6. Nov 24, 2013
    I'm re-reviewing this game. It is so colossally crap it's almost beyond belief. My car actually stops turning whenever I'm leading the pack. It literally just starts going in a straight line through the turn. What a pathetic game. The dev team ought to be ashamed of themselves. The AI crashes EVERY chance they get. In fact, if you're trying to get away from a crash, the AI just drive directly into you with ZERO braking. And if cars crash, there's a 99% chance your car will get turned around and around while other cars drive into you without even trying to brake. 50% of the time it crashes after a race. It crashes EVERY time after Texas. It now crashes after EVERY race where I get first place, which means it never saves the position and I have to try and get any position other than first. What a s#$! game. Expand
  7. Feb 20, 2014
    I hoped for a great nascar game but we received a piece of junk that will fast be forgotten. I bought this on sale just when 2014 was released, so for 4.99 $ i wasn't ruined. Well I love Nascar and been playing a lot of seasons on NR2003 and been playing on Iracing... but I miss careers So I hoped for a bit of joy....... wrong very wrong... The game is just undrivable, I have tried for hours finding a good wheel g25 setup without success to have a good feeling, but i insisted and tried to get used to bad driving. So I went to my first Race, Daytona. I use 0 assists and was able to qualify as 1st! Great so the race started... Euh no Pace Car, no green flag adrenaline? The computer have control and release you on the line and then comes the worst You are in pole but your car seems sooooooo slow that they all catch you and don't seem to care a lot you are there so they bump you all sides and you crash. So you star 43th from pole....

Ok my race is set to 50% of real time so 100 laps I managed to do 60 laps in a row and was 1st again! (that would never happen in real life) after a pitstop (well there is none the computer controls it again, and it's horrible) but then by passing a slow car he hits me and create an accident (pretty bad to my car) but no problem my car restarts 15th! 15th? why? you don't know because while you are crashing it suddenly cuts the action and you are in restart line. In the restarts they crashed me 3 times. I did repairs and restarted 43th again. 2 laps from the end i am 2nd again! (yeah jimmy looks like trash compared to my driving skill :) ) an what happened again another idiot ai crashed me again, and restarted 41st I was able to finish 38 in the 2 last laps. I was disgusted by the way things went. But I went to phoenix, and there my car barely can brake and handling get's absolutely impossible. So stop i give up keep your crap and I will replay 2003 with mods. 10 years and not one freaking descent Nascar game I am amazed.

Oh and by the way where are the Truck? where are the Bush series? at least in Nascar 2009 they had that and was playable even if it was to arcade. And then they hope to sell you some dlc's with paints... really? how about making a playable game, pitting, pace car, no auto start, Trucks and bush series.... nope Paints at 5,99, it says all about the devs! and 2014 is what a patch from 2013 at full price... Great great attitude!

The only positive thing is the career mode with sponsors an so on but not being able to go far enough to enjoy it. The game is an overall frustration.
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    The game itself has several modes. A career mode, a single season mode, and even a testing mode. That cannot take the fact away that this game is very buggy. Replay camera bugs, sound bugs, so on, so on, and so on. At some point, it makes the game unplayable.
  9. Oct 3, 2013
    Good game overall, however certain things most likely included to make the races more difficult like the fact that in a short race of 15 laps within 7 laps, 5 of the actual race length, the tires wear out and the car ceases to preform.
  10. Nov 30, 2013
    This game lacks both the realism to be a simulator and the intensity and fun to be a good game.

The graphics don't look very good for 2013, they look like 2007 (give or take) graphics.
    The gameplay is just about getting a better car and hit the accelerator, if you choose any other difficulty than the hardest it won't be a hard game, but the hardest mode is just impossible to compete at
    the start of the career.
    The racing usually goes into a dull car train, no crashes, no cars trying maneuvers, just driving around a track at max speed, really boring.
    The crash physics are astonishing bad both realistically and graphically, I mean, if you cant make a good racing game, at least give us some eye candy. I chosen full damage options, even then I stop my car in the middle of the track, I get a car to slam into me at 300km/h and the damage on my car was a partially damaged frontal suspension... seriously? seriously?
  11. Dec 26, 2013
    This game is bad Graphics are spot on tracks are spot on but the physics are not, I cannot use my Fanatec wheel and pedal or even use my Lighting SRT shifter at all.I tried to use my controller Logitech Dual Action but the car keeps moving right forcing me to correct steer, Making my car spin this game is not suited for pc at all. With no dedicated servers people will lag, With no modding support this seems like a get ritch scheme for the devs. The physics were the issue for the Console and now its the same.Pc version should have dedicated server and wheel support along with shifters very poor game go back to Rfactor or NR2003 hell even Nascar Heat smokes this. Expand

1. Oct 1, 2013
    For some, it may be enough to simply have a new Nascar experience, but as a game, it’s not going to hold an appeal for anyone beyond those who simply want a straightforward replication of the sport.
  2. Aug 23, 2013
    Despite a lot of content, Nascar: The Game 2013 is lacking in almost every gameplay aspect. Please let someone more talented do the Nascar series in the future.
  3. Aug 14, 2013
    If you are a casual racing fan or someone who has not played a racing simulation with any regularity, NASCAR 2013 is not the game for you. The lack of a comprehensive tutorial pretty much prevents you from gaining any sort of entertainment out of it past the first hour or two. But, if you are a fan of NASCAR and its simulations, or if you have plenty of experience with racing simulations, I think you will be able to look past the obstacles and find a relatively enjoyable game within.