5.8

1. Sep 24, 2014
    It is the first game in the series in which you take legal racing. Honestly to say ... First time I was a little disappointed, but the game is pretty good.
  2. Aug 23, 2014
    Fun game which mixes street cars with closed circuit racing, it's less emphatic in streets and mixes them together to create some sort of hybrid simulator.
  3. Dec 5, 2013
    -:boring cars
    -:waste of money
    just not good at all
  4. Nov 1, 2013
    Ok, so this one was a big thumb down for EA. We like NFS on the streets, where we have real adrenaline and some awesome landscapes... If I want closed circuits, I could choose DiRT, GRID, etc. After Most Wanted 2 noted with a 4, this one is the second, noted with a 5.
  5. Aug 24, 2013
    most people expected different from this game, thus they dont like so much, but its great job. good game to multiplay and show your driving skills. of corse the scores at this time 2013 show up worse than they would because people naturally compare to the level of the games of this time.
  6. May 31, 2013
    I think that this game is brilliant. It just suffered from the inappropriate title, because that's what most people seem to be focusing on. If it was called "Pro Racing" or something like that, it would've been seen in a different light.
    Nonetheless, this game strikes the perfect balance between arcade and simulator. It's nice seeing a car act more realistic in a NFS game, compared to the previous titles.
    It kept the best parts of the previous games the customization options and got rid of the annoying ones the cars don't act like plastic gravity-defying chunks anymore.
    Also the graphics are very good, even today in 2013 they still look beautiful on the highest settings.
    If you like arcade-simulators I strongly recommend this game.
  7. Jan 3, 2012
    The Need for Speed series has always been delivering, in my opinion. Ever since I first played the first game on PC, on an admittedly shoddy port, I felt Need for Speed has always valued its fans and does everything possible to cater to their tastes. I mean, sure, Carbon wasn't exactly gaming Platinum, but the Underground series remains on my PC to this day, and I STILL consider MostThe Need for Speed series has always been delivering, in my opinion. Ever since I first played the first game on PC, on an admittedly shoddy port, I felt Need for Speed has always valued its fans and does everything possible to cater to their tastes. I mean, sure, Carbon wasn't exactly gaming Platinum, but the Underground series remains on my PC to this day, and I STILL consider Most Wanted to be the greatest racing game the PC has ever seen. Then.... This came along.

I don't know many people the developers sacked to employ utter monkeys in their place, I don't know how many thousands of dollars worth of DOWNgrading the company did, but this game.... It is not a game. It a banal, unsophisticated slap to every gamer's face, an attempt at milking the series for cash and more cash that's so obvious, Paris Hilton's attention whoring seems hidden like an honest lawyer in a courthouse in comparison. Let's start with the mechanics: They're dreadful. Right from the get go, when you're plopped behind the wheel of a Nissan 240SX, you have to realize: This is just wrong. The Nissan itself sounds like a poor, oil-deprived twostroke scrambler, it steers like an El Dorado from the sixties, and it plays like any racer's worst nightmare. And this stupidity is not only limited to the SX - every other car has been abused like this. The iconic Viper sounds right, but surprising it manages to slide around even more than its real-life counterpart - it's even the only car in the game that has torquesteer; the only car that will magically twitch to the sides regardless of whether you pressed the arrow keys.

The soundtrack seems to have been worked out by old timers who've been listening to Bach and Mozart for their whole lives, taking each song on the setlist and thinking: "Beeps, check. Bass, check. Nonsensical Lyrics, check. So people MUST like this song; let's throw it in, shall we?" The voice acting - of which 90% is the overhead announcer - is absolutely dreadful, especially when he's commenting on my "sixty-nine Dawdge Chawrger", among other things. My other complaint lies with the opposition, the "A.S" or "Arificial Stupidity". Well, three points, at least. One: the starting A.I is ludicrous. Try drag racing and you'll have a margin of at LEAST three seconds between you and the 2nd place driver. However, try a Grip Race (That's New-Era Stupid for "Circuit Race") and watch as a simple Chev Cobalt blasts past your fancy Viper as though it's a joke. Two: The "Kings", who, in this case, deserve to be called "Jesters" instead. The Speed King's Pontiac GTO can be shamed by something as meager as a Lotus Elise, and the Grip King's E92 M3 is hardly a challenge against a Golf GTI. Three: Ryo Watanabe. I'm sorry, I fail to see how an Evo X can beat a Mustang dragster, an RX-7 drifter, a Pontiac GTO speed racer and an E92 M3 Circuit Car at their own games. I fail to see that. That is all.

There are only two upsides to this game, really. Vastly improves visuals over Most Wanted and Carbon give you something pretty to look at while your car is sliding around like a boulder on mud, and the Drag Racing, in all seriousness, is a blast - especially the wheelie competitions. Other than that, this game has NO redeeming features whatsoever. The physics are awful, the sound is dreadful, and the overall gameplay has the same enjoyment factor as a game of tic-tac-toe to adults. If you're new to the series, and instantly want to be blown away by every other racing game to follow this one, by all means, go buy it. If you're a long-time fan of the series, however, I recommend keeping your distance - this game causes sanity slippage and very, very dirty language.
  8. Jul 27, 2011
    this game is interesting......i played it on PS2 and a little on a Wii... It really pushed the limit on the PS2s graphics capabilities, and i had a brand new model. the best parts are the music, and about that: i dont know why everyone hates on the soundtrack, its not that bad. i like the "race days", a feature you dont often get in games like this, where you compete in a series of racesthis game is interesting......i played it on PS2 and a little on a Wii... It really pushed the limit on the PS2s graphics capabilities, and i had a brand new model. the best parts are the music, and about that: i dont know why everyone hates on the soundtrack, its not that bad. i like the "race days", a feature you dont often get in games like this, where you compete in a series of races and your points are compiled. the bottom line, its an okay game. im not sure of the original retail price, but this game should be around $15, just because of the amount of content. Expand
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    Easy the worst NFS in the series, mediocre music, disgusting handling, although the graphics are really good, but is not all the fun. So is a pretty game that is gonna bore you in about 5 minutes
  10. Dec 5, 2013
    most boring game i have played so far really don't advise it
    +:you can give it away
    -:boring gameplay
    -:boring races
    -:boring cars
    -:waste of money
    just not good at all

But it's that wholly rebuilt, almost-a-sim physics engine that propels ProStreet to such heights. Tossing these weighty sedans and exotics around, knowing you're connected to the road by just four distinct contact points, then late braking into a turn and riding the very limits of adhesion through it, is ungodly fun -- and darned challenging.
  2. ProStreet is a solid racing game, but it has some performance issues and is missing most of what made the previous games in the series interesting.
    A disappointing effort in a franchise that has generally been rather solid. It sort of feels like EA is starting over again, leaving the open-world aspects to other games like its own Burnout Paradise, but is seems like Black Box didn't know what to do with what was left.