Need for Speed: ProStreet PC

5.9

1. Nov 17, 2015
    One of the best game in Need For Speed franchise. All game features is amazing. I am still play this game. Totally worth to buy this even today. I'm rate this 10/10 !
  2. May 15, 2015
    Less bad than the rest of the nfs, but this yet always cheapo.
    Nothing his alley to the cars, but even to the wheel.
    Throughout easy.
    On the last orbits hayagaya kukimuki to give birth speed run cheats on competitions the game.
    Not good, only the rest of the need for speed wrong.
    Horrible bugs.
  3. Sep 24, 2014
    It is the first game in the series in which you take legal racing. Honestly to say ... First time I was a little disappointed, but the game is pretty good.
  4. Aug 23, 2014
    Fun game which mixes street cars with closed circuit racing, it's less emphatic in streets and mixes them together to create some sort of hybrid simulator.
  5. Dec 5, 2013
    most boring game i have played so far really don't advise it
    +:you can give it away
    -:boring gameplay
    -:boring races
    -:boring cars
    -:waste of money
    just not good at all
  6. Nov 1, 2013
    Ok, so this one was a big thumb down for EA. We like NFS on the streets, where we have real adrenaline and some awesome landscapes... If I want closed circuits, I could choose DiRT, GRID, etc. After Most Wanted 2 noted with a 4, this one is the second, noted with a 5.
  7. Aug 24, 2013
    most people expected different from this game, thus they dont like so much, but its great job. good game to multiplay and show your driving skills. of corse the scores at this time 2013 show up worse than they would because people naturally compare to the level of the games of this time.
  8. May 31, 2013
    I think that this game is brilliant. It just suffered from the inappropriate title, because that's what most people seem to be focusing on. If it was called "Pro Racing" or something like that, it would've been seen in a different light.
    Nonetheless, this game strikes the perfect balance between arcade and simulator. It's nice seeing a car act more realistic in a NFS game, compared to the previous titles.
    It kept the best parts of the previous games the customization options and got rid of the annoying ones the cars don't act like plastic gravity-defying chunks anymore.
    Also the graphics are very good, even today in 2013 they still look beautiful on the highest settings.
    If you like arcade-simulators I strongly recommend this game.
  9. Jan 3, 2012
    The Need for Speed series has always been delivering, in my opinion. Ever since I first played the first game on PC, on an admittedly shoddy port, I felt Need for Speed has always valued its fans and does everything possible to cater to their tastes. I mean, sure, Carbon wasn't exactly gaming Platinum, but the Underground series remains on my PC to this day, and I STILL consider MostThe Need for Speed series has always been delivering, in my opinion. Ever since I first played the first game on PC, on an admittedly shoddy port, I felt Need for Speed has always valued its fans and does everything possible to cater to their tastes. I mean, sure, Carbon wasn't exactly gaming Platinum, but the Underground series remains on my PC to this day, and I STILL consider Most Wanted to be the greatest racing game the PC has ever seen. Then.... This came along.

I don't know many people the developers sacked to employ utter monkeys in their place, I don't know how many thousands of dollars worth of DOWNgrading the company did, but this game.... It is not a game. It a banal, unsophisticated slap to every gamer's face, an attempt at milking the series for cash and more cash that's so obvious, Paris Hilton's attention whoring seems hidden like an honest lawyer in a courthouse in comparison. Let's start with the mechanics: They're dreadful. Right from the get go, when you're plopped behind the wheel of a Nissan 240SX, you have to realize: This is just wrong. The Nissan itself sounds like a poor, oil-deprived twostroke scrambler, it steers like an El Dorado from the sixties, and it plays like any racer's worst nightmare. And this stupidity is not only limited to the SX - every other car has been abused like this. The iconic Viper sounds right, but surprising it manages to slide around even more than its real-life counterpart - it's even the only car in the game that has torquesteer; the only car that will magically twitch to the sides regardless of whether you pressed the arrow keys.

The soundtrack seems to have been worked out by old timers who've been listening to Bach and Mozart for their whole lives, taking each song on the setlist and thinking: "Beeps, check. Bass, check. Nonsensical Lyrics, check. So people MUST like this song; let's throw it in, shall we?" The voice acting - of which 90% is the overhead announcer - is absolutely dreadful, especially when he's commenting on my "sixty-nine Dawdge Chawrger", among other things. My other complaint lies with the opposition, the "A.S" or "Arificial Stupidity". Well, three points, at least. One: the starting A.I is ludicrous. Try drag racing and you'll have a margin of at LEAST three seconds between you and the 2nd place driver. However, try a Grip Race (That's New-Era Stupid for "Circuit Race") and watch as a simple Chev Cobalt blasts past your fancy Viper as though it's a joke. Two: The "Kings", who, in this case, deserve to be called "Jesters" instead. The Speed King's Pontiac GTO can be shamed by something as meager as a Lotus Elise, and the Grip King's E92 M3 is hardly a challenge against a Golf GTI. Three: Ryo Watanabe. I'm sorry, I fail to see how an Evo X can beat a Mustang dragster, an RX-7 drifter, a Pontiac GTO speed racer and an E92 M3 Circuit Car at their own games. I fail to see that. That is all.

There are only two upsides to this game, really. Vastly improves visuals over Most Wanted and Carbon give you something pretty to look at while your car is sliding around like a boulder on mud, and the Drag Racing, in all seriousness, is a blast - especially the wheelie competitions. Other than that, this game has NO redeeming features whatsoever. The physics are awful, the sound is dreadful, and the overall gameplay has the same enjoyment factor as a game of tic-tac-toe to adults. If you're new to the series, and instantly want to be blown away by every other racing game to follow this one, by all means, go buy it. If you're a long-time fan of the series, however, I recommend keeping your distance - this game causes sanity slippage and very, very dirty language.
  10. Jul 27, 2011
    this game is interesting......i played it on PS2 and a little on a Wii... It really pushed the limit on the PS2s graphics capabilities, and i had a brand new model. the best parts are the music, and about that: i dont know why everyone hates on the soundtrack, its not that bad. i like the "race days", a feature you dont often get in games like this, where you compete in a series of racesthis game is interesting......i played it on PS2 and a little on a Wii... It really pushed the limit on the PS2s graphics capabilities, and i had a brand new model. the best parts are the music, and about that: i dont know why everyone hates on the soundtrack, its not that bad. i like the "race days", a feature you dont often get in games like this, where you compete in a series of races and your points are compiled. the bottom line, its an okay game. im not sure of the original retail price, but this game should be around $15, just because of the amount of content. Expand
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    Easy the worst NFS in the series, mediocre music, disgusting handling, although the graphics are really good, but is not all the fun. So is a pretty game that is gonna bore you in about 5 minutes
  12. AnonymousMC
    Mar 4, 2008
    I really enjoyed it actually. The physics are definitely much improved, and the removal of rubber-band AI is a godsend. The graphics and damage modelling are beautiful, but above all the game drives really well, especially when turning off all the driving helps. That said, the drift and drag modes are trivially easy and quickly get boring, especially with all the cinematics surroundingI really enjoyed it actually. The physics are definitely much improved, and the removal of rubber-band AI is a godsend. The graphics and damage modelling are beautiful, but above all the game drives really well, especially when turning off all the driving helps. That said, the drift and drag modes are trivially easy and quickly get boring, especially with all the cinematics surrounding them that cannot be skipped over. The high speed races don't add very much either except for a wonderful sense of speed, but the basic track races are actually well done and tweaking the chassi is actually usefully implemented even though it's nowhere near as realistic as more serious racers. The "story" adds nothing, so in this respect there is less value than in Most Wanted for instance. Expand
  13. ChrisMontany
    Jan 28, 2008
    Bloody hell who designed the physics on this codewad? I've been trying to play games that help me stop swearing every 8 seconds... this game surely isn't it. The cars and tuning are fun and technical enough, the drag racing is a blast, and in certain situations the graphcis are actually worth taking a screenshot. But there is NO character development, the announcer needs to beBloody hell who designed the physics on this codewad? I've been trying to play games that help me stop swearing every 8 seconds... this game surely isn't it. The cars and tuning are fun and technical enough, the drag racing is a blast, and in certain situations the graphcis are actually worth taking a screenshot. But there is NO character development, the announcer needs to be drug behind my 936BHP STi so he'll stop talking, and the physics need to be reworked to be more realistic. This is a surly beast for PC's to handle as well. My rig can max it out, but just barely. Expand
  14. JohnC.
    Dec 28, 2007
    When I picked up this title I expected a street racing game (like the title implies) I was disappointed to find it just a normal racing game. The announcer was annoying, but the racing was fine. If you are looking for a regular racing game you might enjoy this, But for the fan of the previous street racing games, This is not for you.
  15. RyuujinR.
    Dec 7, 2007
    What's good: - Graphics. - Performance damage in car from NFS: High Stakes is back. - Wide variety of cars from many brands. - Tuning variety only bested by NFS Underground 1 and 2. - Performance tuning improved but still less than NFS Underground 2 - Normal difficulty. - Most realistic NFS of all times. (management and driving experience especially) What's bad: - No more free What's good: - Graphics. - Performance damage in car from NFS: High Stakes is back. - Wide variety of cars from many brands. - Tuning variety only bested by NFS Underground 1 and 2. - Performance tuning improved but still less than NFS Underground 2 - Normal difficulty. - Most realistic NFS of all times. (management and driving experience especially) What's bad: - No more free roaming. - (For many) No more cops. - Somewhat boring progression of story and completely unrelated to the previous NFS. - Unability (as in NFS Carbon) to make ANY car as good as other. (Blame on tier division and performance packages that should improve any car to the maximum) - Too many beginner guidance (thank god it can be removed) My view point is that (as many other companies) EA went too far in graphics and visuals and didn't really care about a goos story. Still I congratulate them for achieving the most realistic car response I have ever seen. I don't bother that they have made the story "legal" but it lacks the "illegal" touch that the 4 previous NFS had. Expand
    Dec 3, 2007
    The physics engine is average. The music is VERY good. The graphics are nice. The gameplay is boring.
  17. LeonardoM.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Give my money and my time back. This is the Worst NFS ever. I've uninstalled it and returned to play NFS:most wanted.
  18. AnthonyC.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Well what do i say i love the nfs games but this one just left me wanting to go and get my money back. i was well desapointed that free roam had gone and they turned the game in so a driving sim like a F1 game boring as heck the game is now. but i like the damage part good to see the finally put that into the game. think nfs carbon is the best on they done up to date.
  19. TurtleKing
    Nov 24, 2007
    This is the LEAST FUN I have ever "had" in a "game". The graphics are jumpy, the cars are bland, the DJ is annoying as hell and everything that was ever any fun from previous Need for Speed games has been removed to leave only a dull, annoying, unplayable husk.
  20. MeukoM.
    Nov 23, 2007
    I think that this is the best need for speed since porsche.. ALL the nfs' have been waaay to arcadish for my tastes. This is a very good start for EA.. if they keep this up, they will rise the NFS series to the porsche level.. which has been the most realistic nfs yet!
  21. PKSJPKSJ
    Nov 21, 2007
    Awesome rendered graphics, A great physics W/Damage addition BUT.... the real kicker here is that they have introduced a politicall correct attitude IN the game and condone "real" street racing. They make the game a "legal race" game instead. I say screw that. NFS is all about being in the REAL STREET. I don't mind a disclaimer at the beginning of the game like they have done in the Awesome rendered graphics, A great physics W/Damage addition BUT.... the real kicker here is that they have introduced a politicall correct attitude IN the game and condone "real" street racing. They make the game a "legal race" game instead. I say screw that. NFS is all about being in the REAL STREET. I don't mind a disclaimer at the beginning of the game like they have done in the past, but basing the entire game on it is absolutly intolerable. 2 points for the graphics and physics. Oh one more thing. The cut scenes have people on the sidelines cheering you on and they look like they are rendered on a 1997 PC graphic platform. Expand
  22. DiegoF.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This kind of junk should never have been sold out of USA. Electronic Arts just do business, they are killing games as 'art'. Worst cars game ever.
  23. ShammyS.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I'm gonna give it a mid level rating.....although im not entirely impressed with the game initially...I think the new physics and damage is a good start for EA. The game features I wide range of cars which is a nice feature...on the flip, im disappointed that there isn't a free roam with traffic, because that is what everyday driving is about.
  24. PhutneyCreech
    Nov 5, 2007
    Just tried the demo, and WOW is this lame. You'd think EA would have playtested this with actual wheel controllers, not just gamepads. If your controller has separate axes for gas and brake, forget it.
    The menus are horrible as well. It uses any and all controllers for menu inputs, and there's no way to turn it off. So unless you're willing to step on your pedals halfway, center all your throttle quadrants etc, to get them all at half axis, the menus are unusable. You get to watch the menus go insane as all the controllers fight it out for control of the menu highlight.
    I think EA needs to hire someone who actually likes racing games.
  25. RalphCramdon
    Nov 4, 2007
    I'm quite disappointed with the newest version of the Need For Speed franchise "Pro Street". The game tries to hard to be a simulation, and where is the "street" aspect? The demo is played in the country. If you roll your car it's totaled? What's that about? It's not arcade or real life. I've bought the last 3 NFS games from "Underground 2", but this timeI'm quite disappointed with the newest version of the Need For Speed franchise "Pro Street". The game tries to hard to be a simulation, and where is the "street" aspect? The demo is played in the country. If you roll your car it's totaled? What's that about? It's not arcade or real life. I've bought the last 3 NFS games from "Underground 2", but this time I'll save my money. This demo doesn't do anything for me. Expand

But it's that wholly rebuilt, almost-a-sim physics engine that propels ProStreet to such heights. Tossing these weighty sedans and exotics around, knowing you're connected to the road by just four distinct contact points, then late braking into a turn and riding the very limits of adhesion through it, is ungodly fun -- and darned challenging.
  2. ProStreet is a solid racing game, but it has some performance issues and is missing most of what made the previous games in the series interesting.
    A disappointing effort in a franchise that has generally been rather solid. It sort of feels like EA is starting over again, leaving the open-world aspects to other games like its own Burnout Paradise, but is seems like Black Box didn't know what to do with what was left.