- Summary: In Nether, players are thrust into a decimated, post-apocalyptic city where the remaining human population has degenerated into a chaotic state of lawlessness. A pervasive sense of evil looms over the land as people struggle to survive and rumors circulate of vile, demonic creatures that roam the cities to claim any souls still living. As one of the few remaining survivors, players must decide if they will Prey or Pray as they use skill and cunning to obtain food, weapons and other supplies necessary for existence while trying to determine whether or not to approach and trust other players or go at it solo.… Expand
Jun 23, 2014Nether is noticeably unfinished, and has a lot of work ahead before it resembles a solid game. But it has a discernible spark of life. There is potential for it to become a game worthy of attention. The environment it presents is huge, and the grayed-out portions of the map serve to tease you with even more areas to explore, and stories to create, in its bleak, abysmal, yet interesting world. If only it can learn to stop tripping over its own feet.
Jul 1, 2014Fanculo a tutti quelli che dicono che nether fa schifo, è fottutamente epico.
Potrà essere un gioco ancora in fase di sviluppo ma ha molto futuro davanti a sè
Molti si lamentano che nether non abbia uno scopo principale, ma se è un multigiocatore di massa così ti aspetti di trovare un finale ?
L'ambiente di gioco potrà anche avere dei piccoli problemi relativi a bug vari, ma essendo un giocatore di questo titolo mi sono imbattuto in 3 bug dopo 30 ore di gioco.
I nemici sono innovativi e interessanti anche se, è questo è da ammettere, sono molto stupidi e facilmente li si può respingere ma con un po' di lavoro da parte degli sviluppatori di sicuro la loro intelligenza artificiale raggiungerà livelli buoni se non ottimi.
Per quanto riguarda il trovare gli oggetti, beh è relativamente facile e questo toglie molte ore di gioco in quanto trovare cibo e materiali è semplice come bere un bicchiere d'acqua.… Expand
Jun 26, 2014I bought Nether relatively recently, and I've been playing it a lot. The gameplay is a fun and interestingly new take on the average zombie apocalypse game, but it lacks a few important features of a good game. It's pretty unstable, and often the main menu takes minutes to unfreeze to the point of usability, and collisions are pretty messed up. That said, I've being playing with a friend, and it's been one of the most enjoyable games for us to play together. It encourages teamwork and is difficult enough that achieving your goals actually feels like it's worth something. Overall, the gameplay is fun and engaging, and if the devs can get their **** together and fix the major bugs it would easily be the best post-apocalyptic game I've played.… Expand
Jul 14, 2014I would have given the game a 6 prior to the July patches. The loot system - Broken Hitboxes - Broken Hackers - Running rampant Servers - drop with no warning 3/4 are for EU - WEST
Environment - Collision issues, clipping, instant death water
Controls - sticks when walking forward at times, glider is unreliable… Expand
Aug 20, 2014This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is really buggy, even after various 3GB updates, that make more bugs than fix mind you, it is a disaster. As of right now when I typed this if you join a server, you will either 1 get an error that says you need to update the gold currency please try again later 2 not be able to join or get re routed back to the main menu 3 no servers in the server list or 4 if you can get a server and join you spawn with 999 max of everything, player kills, health, ammo, etc.. but remain still, can't move or exit, you need to either shift tab or kill the program to exit.
The devs made it worse by saying they turned over the game to another team in early July, and saying they, phosphor games, will have nothing to do with the game at this point, and all updates are to be don't by another group.
The last nail in the coffin was when they made their signature game currency, nether gold, available to all products, not just limited to buying only cosmetics and taunts, and upping the price of in game items through the roof. They even removed their previous statement set awhile back about only being able to buy cosmetics and taunts with in game nether gold. This is not nether anymore, just a pay 2 win train wreck scam full of bugs, broken hopes and dreams. On the upside no more hackers, considering they can't even use the game as well.
Don't buy the game, at this point I would recommend going for other games such as Day Z, Rust, TF2, or other fps/survival games.… Expand
Jul 5, 2014REVIEW AFTER THE FULL RELEASE-----------------------------
This game feels like an Alpha, run like and Alpha and didn't change too much in 9 months.
- key mapping is not complete (just some keys can be changed, to know what the rest of the keys do, you have to search in the forum for clues)
- To change settings (controlls, video, audio) you have to connect to a server !!!!! I'm serious
- Server browser don't show the servers ping or location (lag, desync, ecc ecc) and sometimes freeze the entire game.
- This is a huge pvp map, the Npc creatures are done well but the melee combact doens't feel smooth at all, the firearms action can be fun.
- Character animations are the same from alpha, they need a lot of work. (other players are actually fun to watch moving around the map).
- Characters costumization: almost none, some clothes and mask and they all looks terrible.
- bugs, bugs and more bugs (ex: invisible walls where the map isn't finished)
- Hackers, (due to the impossibility to see the server ping sometimes they are not hackers just people desynching so badly that you see them flying, passing trough walls , ecc ecc).
- The atmosphere of the game at least is good, I love the big teleporting monsters called Nethers.
It's a shame, this game could have been so gut but I don't see it going in other directions than a big death match map.
- The new way to find stuff by always open boxes, cases, it's really done bad.
edit: Good news everyone!!!! Now they are addings keys that you can buy with real money to open box inside the game to have good loot!
You can even play as a Nether, guess what? to do this you have to buy a potion on the store or buy a key to open a gold box that may have that postion... smooth!!!… Expand