- Summary: In Nether, players are thrust into a decimated, post-apocalyptic city where the remaining human population has degenerated into a chaotic state of lawlessness. A pervasive sense of evil looms over the land as people struggle to survive and rumors circulate of vile, demonic creatures thatIn Nether, players are thrust into a decimated, post-apocalyptic city where the remaining human population has degenerated into a chaotic state of lawlessness. A pervasive sense of evil looms over the land as people struggle to survive and rumors circulate of vile, demonic creatures that roam the cities to claim any souls still living. As one of the few remaining survivors, players must decide if they will Prey or Pray as they use skill and cunning to obtain food, weapons and other supplies necessary for existence while trying to determine whether or not to approach and trust other players or go at it solo.… Expand
Jun 23, 2014Nether is noticeably unfinished, and has a lot of work ahead before it resembles a solid game. But it has a discernible spark of life. There is potential for it to become a game worthy of attention. The environment it presents is huge, and the grayed-out portions of the map serve to tease you with even more areas to explore, and stories to create, in its bleak, abysmal, yet interesting world. If only it can learn to stop tripping over its own feet.
Jun 6, 2014Great game! I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of DayZ or Survival games. This game exceeds expectations at its playability, andGreat game! I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of DayZ or Survival games. This game exceeds expectations at its playability, and there are very little bugs other then with the dirt bike. Enemies are great and its online is just as fun as DayZ. 10/10… Expand
Jul 1, 2014Fanculo a tutti quelli che dicono che nether fa schifo, è fottutamente epico.
Potrà essere un gioco ancora in fase di sviluppo ma ha moltoFanculo a tutti quelli che dicono che nether fa schifo, è fottutamente epico.
Potrà essere un gioco ancora in fase di sviluppo ma ha molto futuro davanti a sè
Molti si lamentano che nether non abbia uno scopo principale, ma se è un multigiocatore di massa così ti aspetti di trovare un finale ?
L'ambiente di gioco potrà anche avere dei piccoli problemi relativi a bug vari, ma essendo un giocatore di questo titolo mi sono imbattuto in 3 bug dopo 30 ore di gioco.
I nemici sono innovativi e interessanti anche se, è questo è da ammettere, sono molto stupidi e facilmente li si può respingere ma con un po' di lavoro da parte degli sviluppatori di sicuro la loro intelligenza artificiale raggiungerà livelli buoni se non ottimi.
Per quanto riguarda il trovare gli oggetti, beh è relativamente facile e questo toglie molte ore di gioco in quanto trovare cibo e materiali è semplice come bere un bicchiere d'acqua.… Expand
Jul 31, 2014this game is a great game
i have had a bit of fun with it
it is still in beta as far as i know and it really is a good game on steam ithis game is a great game
i have had a bit of fun with it
it is still in beta as far as i know
and it really is a good game on steam
i give this game an
Apr 27, 2015Fillmore44
I have been playing Nether since early December, 2013, and currently have logged more than 1200 hours in the game. Through theFillmore44
I have been playing Nether since early December, 2013, and currently have logged more than 1200 hours in the game. Through the evolution of the beta version there was great transition and tribulation. Many players were dissuaded by the lack of support in curbing hackers from entering the game and putting regular players at a disadvantage. The outcry to curb the hacking and cheats fell on deaf ears and to this day the practice exists openly in the game with some players boasting about their hacks to the game. Many of us urged the developers to create a version where you were not killing other players, but focusing on the Nether only. The game did morph into a split version, one PVP and one PVE. There is a third game possibility called Last Man Standing which was an attempt to allow players to challenge other players in a version of "Who is the better killer."
Over time the development company has apparently sold the rights to the game to a third party, who in turn have failed even basic maintenance and have made no effort to enhance the game. Thus the number of players have dwindled significantly. Logging into the PVE servers is a major problem as many of us cannot connect to those servers. The Nether support is quite the joke. The web page technical support is blocked by IE 11 and Mozilla Firefox as unsafe. Forum discussions go unnoticed and basic upkeep of the game functions is lacking in almost all respects. Occasionally they will reset a server and things will work for short periods of time before dwindling into glitched Nether characters and lack of collectible assets. It is sad to see a game that was running upwards of two dozen servers to now having only a few and only a handful of diehard players, of which I consider myself one.… Expand
Aug 9, 2014Fun the first hours, absolutely horrible after that. I have spent nearly 100 hours to get good at this game. I knew it was hard to getFun the first hours, absolutely horrible after that. I have spent nearly 100 hours to get good at this game. I knew it was hard to get started, I could read it everywhere. But after 100 hours, this is what remains:
- You try to be friendly with your own tribe members, to get back stabbed.
- You try to do the objectives in the map, to get nothing on return.
- You try to progress in order to be decent at PVP, but you'll get shot by campers in the main leveling courses of the game.
- When you finally progress, you will die because of any bug. Mainly: a Nether will kill you with 1 hit despite you being full HP, or you will get stuck in any of the (poor designed) furniture around the map, or you will die from fall damage despite being flying with a glider, or you will die because you spawned near a Nether Swarm and a stupid popup dialog will come in your face blocking your UI...
- If despite everything of the before mentioned you manage to survive, a hacker will always do its job and finish you the more frustrating way possible. Despite of half of rightful community offering to be watchers, asking for spectate mode, asking for anything to be done with hackers, developers are still ignoring this problem that arose in mid february. 5 months later, the problem is worse because, guess what? Hackers know the game is abandoned, and they are more frequent than ever. You will even see some bragging about it. Then you will go to the forums, post a picture and BOOM! get your thread closed because you are prosecuting someone. hahahaha.
RUN FROM THE GAME! Don't buy it!! Don't buy any game from this developers, they don't know how to put together 2 lines of code to fix even the more elementary problems the game has.… Expand
Jul 7, 2014A sad The War Z clone that manages to be the biggest train-wreck performance failer I've seen for quite a while now, even surpassing Arma 3 asA sad The War Z clone that manages to be the biggest train-wreck performance failer I've seen for quite a while now, even surpassing Arma 3 as It struggles to render low-quality textures and some random sprays of grass at 20-30 shaking FPS with the default settings.
Besides that there's really not much else to say than to give you my whole-hearted recommendation to avoid this like the plague. The developers have showed time on and on again that they not only have no idea what they're doing but they also refuse to listen to the community and one shining example of this is how everyone on their forums and the steam community hub almost all agreed on that players are capable of moving far too quickly. What do they do in Patch 6? Why, increase the base walk speed!
And as you can probably see on the mindless 100/100 scores being splurted out like spoiled milk by Metacritic accounts that have no other reviews whatsoever, the developers are desperately trying to save the already ravaged public image of this flopping turd game at a daily basis while also eagerly censorshipping any and all criticism the game receives over at the Steam's community hub.
Short said, MEDIOCRE game with putrid people behind it, eagerly trying to cover up all the bad parts.… Expand