8.2

1. Erki
    Oct 20, 2003
    Hockey at it's best! Most realistic sports game I ever played!!! Awesome!
  2. FredricN.
    Oct 20, 2003
    Best hockey game ever made.
  3. TimH.
    Oct 9, 2003
    Really good. Just a couple quirks. Dynasty mode is pretty sweet. The music gets old fast. Shya.
  4. MaxL.
    Jan 2, 2004
    I like the songs,the gameplay is great,and i love the dynasty mode.
  5. JF
    Oct 26, 2003
    Best hockey game ever!
  6. ShawnJ.
    Oct 7, 2003
    It's awesome.
  7. GeirK.
    Oct 8, 2003
    Just want to say this game has it all. And i haven't started the dynasty mode yet :)
  8. JoelB.
    Nov 19, 2003
    I purchased this game thinking it would be an amazing update from past NHL games from EA which I greatly enjoyed. This one however let me down tramedously. The actually part where you play hockey was really good, however, but the commentating honestly lowered it. I felt like I was being told the rules by the idiot color commentator and just felt like EA made NHL 2004 as an educational I purchased this game thinking it would be an amazing update from past NHL games from EA which I greatly enjoyed. This one however let me down tramedously. The actually part where you play hockey was really good, however, but the commentating honestly lowered it. I felt like I was being told the rules by the idiot color commentator and just felt like EA made NHL 2004 as an educational program for learning the game of hockey. The Menu has a bad structure (NHL 2002 had a much better and easier to use menu structure) and it was just generally awkward and the music during the menu cannot be altered unless you manually switch the names of the music menu files. Needless to say, I started to hate certain songs and the bands that performed. This game was a disappointment unfortunately. If I could, I would ask for my $20 I paid for it (Yes, I found an amazing deal, but it still wasn't worth it.) Expand
  9. AndreasS.
    Oct 15, 2003
    The game is the best ice hockey game ever. And I like the Dynasty mode but, the game dont take so much of the computer It worked on my 3 years old computer, I also think that it was good that they finaly toke with Elitserien, SM- Liga and the German league. The way they move is much more real and the goalie learn where you use to shoot.
  10. SamiF.
    Oct 8, 2003
    Really nice game!
  11. ChristianA.
    Sep 15, 2003
    I have no idea if Dynasty mode can play online or multiplayer in un computer or peer to peer IP. If the Dynasty mode is one single player I'll rate this game 3/10. If I can play with more user in Dynasty mode i'll rate this game 10/10. If you can help me with this just email me for NHL 2004 PC version.
  12. NIDDA
    Mar 18, 2004
    This game was said to be the best of the series and guess what i agree this is the only time ive seen ea nhl have a good dynasty mode ...though the music could be A LOT better.
  13. NIDDA
    Mar 18, 2004
  14. OglethorpO.
    Aug 29, 2004
    Best sport game ever! The Dynasty mode is fantastic! Only minuses are that the game is too easy after playing it constantly for almost a year alraedy. And the music could be a lot better. But still I'll give it 10 points!
  15. Prefy
    Sep 12, 2004
    I think that this is a great game. i really like the gameplay and i think that the dynasty mode is great. But there are some definate downfalls to this game. I think the PC interface of NHL 2003 was far better then that of 2004. You could actually tell when a player was injured without having to search for it. Another thing that majorly dissapointed me was the online play. Dont get me I think that this is a great game. i really like the gameplay and i think that the dynasty mode is great. But there are some definate downfalls to this game. I think the PC interface of NHL 2003 was far better then that of 2004. You could actually tell when a player was injured without having to search for it. Another thing that majorly dissapointed me was the online play. Dont get me wrong i would recomend this game to anyone but i think that it could have been better. Expand
  16. AntiBob
    Nov 11, 2003
    The hockey part is exceptionnal: players' realism, gameplay, fighting, etc. On the other side, there are some downs: the music (oh! so very bad), lack of games' summaries, the trading process is obscure, etc. Overall, it's a great game, EA is on the right track.
  17. MikkoAntikainen
    Nov 4, 2003
    Awful. Just awful. How the hell people are so blind and spend their money every year on EA´s shite? Every year same game with different musics and gui , rest is the same dogs poo. Worst game I ever played, same goes for other EA's games. Quit bugging us EA and start making games fFs!
  18. Bob
    Oct 17, 2003
    I thought the game play was decent. Dynasty mode could use a bit of tweaking. Anyone who had played any of the madden games and the franchise option with that game would be a little let down with this dynasty mode. They could have done more with it.
  19. DanD.
    Sep 22, 2004
    Awesome!!!!
  22. KuunoK.
    Nov 19, 2003
    Awful game. EA has lost their ability to make games, every year they release the same boring awful sport series. But what can you do, people buy EA's bad products instead of boycotting the whole company. EA , give us some value for our money, START MAKING GAMES!
  23. Apr 30, 2013
    It's 2013 and this is the best hockey game made for PC so far! Completely rebuilt graphics, wide and active on-line community, superb gameplay. Absolutely perfect!

1. Hockey enthusiasts will absolutely love NHL 2004.
  2. While non-hockey fans can blag their way through the main game, Dynasty mode is a whole different puck game. It takes a real hockey buff to know what's going on with the different team lines, strategies, player trading and draft picking.
    Expanded fight controls include grappling, punch selection and the ability to pull off the gloves whenever rink rage overcomes you. [Oct 2003, p.37]