NHL 2005 PC

4.5

1. SergeyK.
    Sep 29, 2004
    Very good game! But you must learn to play it, for a while.
  2. TerryB.
    Apr 1, 2005
    This game delivers a non-stop, action packed hockey. It includes the best features of EA's NHL series of the last 5 years. Yes, it even has the speed of 2001 and faster. The only reason i docked 2 points is because on game cube there is no Create Player.
  3. DM
    Dec 4, 2009
    Like the pace, the physics, and the fact that you have to keep moving your feet and thinking one step ahead, just to be able to put it all together once in a while, just like the actual game of hockey at a high level. I don't care about 'create a player', get over yourself already, I would like to see player stats for the league overall not just team x team and had a Like the pace, the physics, and the fact that you have to keep moving your feet and thinking one step ahead, just to be able to put it all together once in a while, just like the actual game of hockey at a high level. I don't care about 'create a player', get over yourself already, I would like to see player stats for the league overall not just team x team and had a problem with theoff season team management, never did get my rookies signed and free agents on my team had outrageous demands,. Also it would've been nice to have the AHL teams included so you manage your farm team to. Overall though, despite some menu probs especially when manually changing lines, the gameplay is real good, I liked it alot! Expand
  4. JimH
    Dec 4, 2009
    The gameplay and graphics are very good. Yes the AI is very aggressive but with a little practice you can learn to control the puck in the zone and make plays. Don't care about Create A Player, and think it's a little (or a lot) pathetic so many do, BUT would like to see league wide stats and that song title thing is annoying.

1. games(TM)
    This is EA's take on NHL action as it's always been, rejigged with improved animations and new moves so it's inevitably the best version yet. [Nov 2004, p.119]
  2. This is still a solid game of hockey, but it isn't the most realistic or best-playing NHL title out there, and as such, it shouldn't be your first choice for one.
  3. While the game's is an improvement over the 2004 edition, it's still not quite up to snuff.