6.3

1. Oct 10, 2013
    Not better than Black Edition more on par with Overdose. Basically it gets a lower score than the 1st Painkiller as the Devs have used most of the levels and boss fights out of the 1st Painkiller. Yeah better visuals in H&D but still a unoriginal copy and past job mostly. Plus the sloppy tacked on story is a made out to be a sequel and not just a full remake of the 1st Painkiller. Short game plus with all the DLC on sale makes me think they Devs/Pubs chopped up the game on purpose. Also having to use a third party app to fix the broken gamepad does not help. Expand
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    This must be one of the dullest, most boring and most repetitive games I've played in a long time. Even so I'll very seldom give a score under 5 unless it's technically broken in some way. And Hell and Damnation is: occasionally the magic pentagram save point jobbies don't appear leaving me having to slog through the same boring stage again.

Beyond some pretty screenshots this game
    leaves little to recommend. Even the boss fights are bland. Expand
  3. Jun 16, 2013
    This is a real shame.False advertising.
    One playthrough of the original game took about 8-9 hours,and this took me 2 hours and 40 minutes.The coop mode is more than useless,and has nothing to do in a game like this.
    The multiplayer is not really interesting,and the survival mode is not much better,
    You are basically paying for an incomplete game filled with DLC.
    Don't buy it.Get the
    original instead. Expand
  4. Nov 6, 2012
    A very simple review with the pros and cons, First, the pros : it bring backs the classic old shooter which we have been missing in the recent games like swarms of enemy coming together, no auto generated health etc, various weapon types r pretty fun..specially the electric shocker and flame shooter are absolute fun to kill a group of enemies..also there r varied types of enemies which r fun to kill but on the negative side: first the story is not at all interesting and very predictable, uneven difficulty makes u furious at times , seems impossible to play at hard settings and u r bound to die many times in medium difficulty while the easy is too easy again, next the graphics, well, the graphics seems very old and the new gen graphics lover wont like it at all, but the good thing is that people with low config can play it easily without any problems, next i i was not satisfied with the level designing though some maps were quite huge, also the game play was not much appealing, like the souls appear much after an enemy dies and the given compass is not d perfect way to find the way when u r lost...these small things makes an interesting concept dull...so, if u have played d original painkiller u r not going to like it 4 sure, but if u haven't played d original one then u can give it a try... Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    I had not played a Painkiller game ever. And i swear I never will again. I used to like Doom 1, Wolfestein and Duke Nukem Total Meltdown, but those games were fluid. This game is like: get it the room, stuck in there until you kill 40 enemies, go to the next room, same, next room, same. Come on, Duke Nukem TMD was far better. Jetpacks, Holos, interactive content, FAST action. In its defense, I can say pretty visual style, nice sound, nice physics (like bodys falling in the right direction) and nice Bosses (different sizes at least). Edit: I think Gameplay is everything for a game, so this deserve the 1 point I gave. Expand
  6. Nov 2, 2012
    The low 75 degree default FOV simply breaks the game for me, and tweaking it in the config file causes enemy melee ranges to be off. Everything looks zoomed-in with the default FOV and I get headaches even after playing for a short while. It says it all that Nordic Games released a fast-paced and supposedly old-school FPS while allowing this type of consolization.
  7. Nov 3, 2012
    I'm disappointed and I regret buy this more than any other purchase I have made in my life so far (not because of the price, but because by giving them money I support this crap). There's 2 reasons to play this game as opposed to Black Edition: a new gun and shinier graphics. However, the graphics don't make it look that good compared to the original and the new weapon you can do without, especially considering they cut out levels and the ones that remain have slightly different enemy placement and some new enemies that don't really do much for the "game". I'm using quotes because this feels more like a mod for UT3 by some guys that liked Painkiller, lacked imagination to make their own maps and didn't know how to code AI (example, the mini boss in the Cathedral doesn't even do his shake-the-building move, he just follows you around, getting stuck in the columns, while trying to melee you).

The whole 20 dollar price doesn't even hold it up if you think that Serious Sam HD was sold for the same amount AND it had the whole game AND it had nice little touches done to it AND re-coded AI.

This is garbage. A big smelly pile of garbage. All these lazy greedy mod makers can do is find excuses such as "oh it's a re-imagining" "oh it has coop" (which is LAN so you need a program like hamachi or tungle to play over the internet) "oh we didn't have time". Don't make it if you can't deliver then.

There is no, zero, reason to play this when you can get Black edition and enjoy a 10 times better game.

Painkiller had enough nails in its coffin. There was no need to anyone to try and stick another one in there. This is a lazy,greedy money grab that's so obvious it's a mystery how they expect people to be so stupid as to buy into their crap.

Garbage.

1. Mar 15, 2013
    Despite its shortcomings, Painkiller is well worth it.
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    Enemies run towards you and you shoot them over and over until they die. Shallow and dull. [March 2013, p.79]
    Great visuals. Wooden stick launcher. Dull and short campaign. No-brain enemies. Boring multiplayer. Cons and pros accounted for: not worthy. [Jan 2013]