7.9

1. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is a fast-paced retro style first person shooter and it is AMAZING. I can't remember the time i had this much fun playing a video game and right now its only $5.99! It is a nice challenge and a very addicting one at that, and it thoroughly deserves a 10 out of 10 from me. If you are even a little interested in this game pick it up, you wont be disappointed!
  2. Apr 14, 2013
    Love this fast paced shooter, for the price this game is completely worth it. Hours of fun to be had and updates with new guns, enemies, rooms, levels and passive upgrades all the time. Really worth picking up if you like the old school shooter with arena style gameplay. Can't wait to see whats to come from this game!
  3. Oct 23, 2013
    I was excited when I heard this was like an FPS version of Binding of Isaac; but unfortunately, I got three floors in and got super-board. I was hoping for an at least mildly-entertaining roguelike: lots of cool powerups that work together in various ways, a large variety of enemies that require different strategies to defeat, etc. Instead, every room of every floor is the same: strafe in circles and shoot every enemy. The variety of enemies is also extremely small (at least on the first three floors). If you enjoyed Hard Reset or the original Quake, you might enjoy this game; but if you prefer the deeper, more strategical FPS games like Half Life or Deus Ex, you'll probably want to look elsewhere. Expand
  4. Sep 5, 2013
    Its a fast paced FPS with a Binding of Isaac feel. And for what it is its great. Its extremely fun and addictive and has a great amount of replay value. Every play through you will get a different floor layout which keeps it interesting. Another thing to add is that it is a hard game but you don't feel like it was the games fault like other games which are hard. Definitely wroth the price and now that it is on steam its a great time to pick it up. If you like Binding of Isaac or Spelunky then check this game out. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2014
    I picked up this game in the recent humble bundle, and I have to say I'm really pleased! The voxel-style FPS is really unique, and the controls are fluent and easy to use. I know this game is currently in development, and it does show in some places. Pros: -Easy to pick up and have fun with -Great graphics -Great controls -10/10 soundtrack Cons: -Enemies and gameplay get very repetitive after a while.

I give this a 9/10, because I know the game is in development, and new stuff is being added and fixed. Never the less, this is a super fun, challenging, rougelike, voxel based, FPS!
  6. Dec 22, 2013
    I have really enjoyed this game because of its style and music and for a game in beta it really works well. The reason it is 9 not 10 is because I think it is repetitive after playing many runs but this could be easily fixed in an upcoming patch with new weapons enemies and rooms.
  7. Jan 23, 2014
    this game is a awesome rogue like/ fps with nice pixel art graphic it a little like the binding of isaac but with guns... if you like rogue like games you cant go wrong with this one.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Feb 19, 2014
    Paranautical Activity is a game that tries to mix FPS and Rogue-like mechanics. There is a constant support from the developers, and the peculiar random maps give the game a potentially unlimited longevity. If this type of support will be maintained even after the official release, at the launch we will face a quality product that will do nothing but improve with time.