- Summary: Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. They're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that they'd want to play themselves. It is designed around a strong barter-based online itemPath of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. They're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that they'd want to play themselves. It is designed around a strong barter-based online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win". [Grinding Gear Games]… Expand
Nov 18, 2013Hack’n Slay as its best. First you’ll think “this is just another diablo-copy”, but when you begin to get into the game deeper, you’ll be surprised. It has the most powerful and individual character-system you’ll ever see in an action-rpg so far. Moreover, all game-content is 100% free to play, no hidden “pay2win” in the shop.
Oct 25, 2013I can't say what their future holds as I'm not much of an economist (nor am I really a magpie). But I can say I've had many, many hours of fun in a game that still has much more to show me and which all of us, right now, can play for nothing at all. We're being spoiled.
Oct 5, 2013POE is the deepest aRPG slasher ever made. It uses some tested ideas while introducing highly innovative systems and end-game mechanics. ToPOE is the deepest aRPG slasher ever made. It uses some tested ideas while introducing highly innovative systems and end-game mechanics. To put it straight
Path of Exile is AAA+ game FREE of charge. No pay to win. Grind to win!
The game is quite polished already future announcements make you connected to Wreaclast even more. Devs give their best, the rapport is great and from what i've seen in the past year the were 25+ patches, constant tweaking with the mechanics, skill tree* and skills.
Dedication is the way Grinding Gear works. They way they introduce changes clearly shows how they care.
*The sheer size of the skill tree is a guarantee jaw drop if seen for the first time… Expand
Oct 28, 2013This game is amazing and I have a feeling it will only get better. Hopefully with the money they make through micro transactions they areThis game is amazing and I have a feeling it will only get better. Hopefully with the money they make through micro transactions they are able to make it even more amazing which I'm sure they will. Grats to grinding gears for making the real diablo 3. Thank you!!… Expand
Oct 26, 2013A great hack and slash game, with a great player base. Not only is the player base growing, but it also quite friendly. Another great thingA great hack and slash game, with a great player base. Not only is the player base growing, but it also quite friendly. Another great thing about this game, is that it not pay to win. Getting gear can be done by spending a decent amount time farming(the act to keep killing monster to find items). Some unique features that make this hack and slash different from others, is it skill system(it kind of like the one from Final Fantasy VII(7)), it currency system(Items base), and it passive tree(it kind of like the one from Final Fantasy X(Ten)). In all, Path of Exile is a great hack and slash game, but unless you are going to put a good amount of time, learning it rules and ways, I feel some players will be confuse or lost to what to do. Have a nice day.… Expand
Nov 1, 2013Diverging from most of the online micro-transaction games you find these days, Path of Exile takes a refreshing turn and opts to have a payDiverging from most of the online micro-transaction games you find these days, Path of Exile takes a refreshing turn and opts to have a pay system that is purely "Pay to Awesome" rather than "Pay to Win". That is the real money market is all about cosmetic upgrades and a few utility upgrades (such as increased storage and the like). It is refreshing to find that there is such an attitude in the online gaming community. That being said the game itself has a few issues. Most notably is the ability to connect and stay connected to the servers. I routinely have found myself "timed out" for no particular reason and then waiting in a queue of anywhere from 200-2000 people trying to get back in. High latency also can be an issue and as it is an ARPG such things can get you killed, this is a really big deal in the higher end Leagues where death is permanent or carries severe penalties. Aside from that is also the issue of graphical optimization. While the game runs great on a current gen PC (anything with 512MB video card and a decent CPU) it suffers on portable systems such as laptops with integrated GPUs (it even ran sluggishly on my laptop with an nVidia GTX 760M with 1GB dedicated RAM). This is only an issue for those who like to play on a mobile unit like a laptop, but the graphics settings are sparse with little in the way of "low quality" for graphical settings (the lowest texture package is medium). It is hard to draw a comparison from this game to Diablo 2 as much of the game seems to be taken straight from Diablo 2, especially the overhead map and Life/Mana bubbles. That aside it has a refreshing progression system that literally has hundreds of possible avenues of progression and with the socketed skill system the customization of a specific character is practically limitless. This alone makes the game endlessly fun.… Expand
Apr 14, 2014PoE is really what I expected as a successor to Diablo 2. The game is a bit late to the scene and did not have enough advertisement to make itPoE is really what I expected as a successor to Diablo 2. The game is a bit late to the scene and did not have enough advertisement to make it what it should/could have been. However it is amazing in it's own right.
Things it does right:
- Story line (The story line is complex and gives the character motivation for moving place to place)
- Intuitive design (it is very similar to most of the games in it's genre including the popular Diablo line)
- Skill tree (There is only one skill tree, each class begins at a different place, and there are many many choices and paths to take)
Things I'm not content with:
-the trade system (it is not coin based, each item is worth a type of base magic item [ident. scrolls, teleport scrolls etc.] and items are purchased from the vendor in the same sort of barter, it makes it difficult to flat purchase items and limits trade considerably, but this may have been their intent)
-The Grouping System (I feel it is a little clunky but if more players were to use it, it would be manageable, but the player base is not what it could have been)… Expand
Jan 30, 2015Pros:
+ Many ways to build a character
+ Tons of available skills and items to build around + Some very complex and deep game mechanics notPros:
+ Many ways to build a character
+ Tons of available skills and items to build around
+ Some very complex and deep game mechanics not seen in other popular RPG titles
+ The gameplay is fun and gambling with RNG can be very addictive
+ Regular updates with new content, races and cool prizes
+ Free to play
- Graphics and effects can feel a bit dated compared to some other RPGs
- Don't expect a breathtaking storyline with interesting dialogues and character development. This game is about building a character and hacking through piles of brainless monsters as efficiently as possible.
- Playing the same character gets boring after a while - once you acquire your end-game gear and level all your skills gems, there is not much left to do but farm maps and try to acquire more wealth.
- The level of micro-management and skill that is required in the combat is comparatively low (exceptions are a few end-game bosses).
- The RNG of drops or crafting luck can sometimes feel unfair
- Desync problems can be very punishing for some people
The pros in my opinion outweigh the cons. Definitely a game you should try if you like old school hack and slash RPGs such as Diablo 2 and its various clones. For me it took 2 years of playing to finally get bored and move on to something else.… Expand
May 11, 2014This game has poor optimization, it's laggy, outdated graphics for a 2013 product and on top of that isn't fun, stopped playing after a littleThis game has poor optimization, it's laggy, outdated graphics for a 2013 product and on top of that isn't fun, stopped playing after a little time.
Five points only because it is "free" (microtransactions inside).… Expand
- (209 views)
- (24 views)