Planescape: Torment PC

9.2

1. Feb 29, 2016
    Planescape Torment is worth checking classical rpg. Major flaw of the time is lack of companions that we can actually choose. You can't, even though they're very easy to like I was expecting the same I had gotten from Baldur's Gate. Beside that, it's very fun to play.
  2. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is fun but I have never been able to get into it like I had hoped. The characters are great and the story is good, but the controls and combat are slightly frustrating.
  3. Oct 28, 2015
    I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great,I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great, but far too much.
    Of course this game offer great elements: The setting is amazing, it is sad, that there are not so many studios, that are really creating new worlds like PS:T.
    But overall I quit the game after 2/3 more or less, what happens very rare. This game is like reading a book instead of playing it. Therefore BG2 is still my king.
    Edit: The ratings here are manipulated btw. look at all the average scores, they re getting bad rates and the many 10s with only good ratings
  4. Dec 17, 2012
    is it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in theis it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in the version I played..it was like bad nintendo platform at times..not to mention the musack you have to listen to. Expand
  5. Mar 30, 2012
    I haven't come across a game with more depth. The number of characters and the length of their dialogues are incredible. Laconic, touched, witty, smarmy and demented replies are all accepted, but not always given good marks. Your incarnation of The Nameless One, one of a vast number of permutations to make his way through the Planescape, meets other lost or downtrodden wanderers, amiableI haven't come across a game with more depth. The number of characters and the length of their dialogues are incredible. Laconic, touched, witty, smarmy and demented replies are all accepted, but not always given good marks. Your incarnation of The Nameless One, one of a vast number of permutations to make his way through the Planescape, meets other lost or downtrodden wanderers, amiable or suspicious enough to accompany him on his journey. Even these characters have vast ideologies and backgrounds to explore and will often grant you boons in return for your interest. The attributes system grants points to each character as they gain experience. These points are allocated among traits: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma. Each character will limit him/herself in various aspects: ability to wear armour types or wield weapons, carrying capacity, capability of combat styles, magical knowledge, casting adeptness, dialogue choices and persuasiveness. It's up to you to decide how useful or fitting these abilities are to fighters, mages, thieves or priests. The items picked up, stolen or crafted range from bog-standard to fantastical: weapons, armor or profound tattoos, that grant certain individuals additional attributes when worn; staple potions, radical medical curatives and pica chews; obscure artifacts, works of art and religious icons, usable only by certain theological alignments. Trying to comprehend how the game was written absolutely boggles the mind. A collection of interwoven worlds with plenty of obscure, tangential areas. Enough to stretch the length of gameplay to absurd levels. Collapse

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.