Planescape: Torment PC

9.3

1. Feb 9, 2016
    Planescape Torment is worth checking classical rpg. Major flaw of the time is lack of companions that we can actually choose. You can't, even though they're very easy to like I was expecting the same I had gotten from Baldur's Gate. Beside that, it's very fun to play.
  2. Oct 28, 2015
    I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great,I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great, but far too much.
    Of course this game offer great elements: The setting is amazing, it is sad, that there are not so many studios, that are really creating new worlds like PS:T.
    But overall I quit the game after 2/3 more or less, what happens very rare. This game is like reading a book instead of playing it. Therefore BG2 is still my king.
    Edit: The ratings here are manipulated btw. look at all the average scores, they re getting bad rates and the many 10s with only good ratings
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    is it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in theis it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in the version I played..it was like bad nintendo platform at times..not to mention the musack you have to listen to. Expand
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is fun but I have never been able to get into it like I had hoped. The characters are great and the story is good, but the controls and combat are slightly frustrating.
  5. Mar 8, 2011
    I'll start by saying this is my favorite video game of all time. The story in unarguably the best out of any video game, and better than the average stories in many other medias. The game does have its faults, mostly in slow combat / gameplay and bugs. But they are all negligible once you get engrossed in the story and characters, which are truly great. Every quest has multiple ways ofI'll start by saying this is my favorite video game of all time. The story in unarguably the best out of any video game, and better than the average stories in many other medias. The game does have its faults, mostly in slow combat / gameplay and bugs. But they are all negligible once you get engrossed in the story and characters, which are truly great. Every quest has multiple ways of beating it, and its one of the few RPGs that allow you to play a mostly passive character if you wish (with only a handful of 'required' battles in the game.) This game does require a lot of reading, so if your in the mood for fun gameplay look elsewhere. But if youre looking for a truly remarkable role playing experience, you would be hard pressed to find any better than this. Collapse

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.