PlanetSide 2 PC

7.0

1. Jul 30, 2017
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  2. May 4, 2017
    This game is pretty harsh with beginners, it doesn't matter how much they pay: you really have to know what to do to survive in those large scale battles, special equipments can't save your ass in most situations, and most of the time you feel like cannon fodder, like everybody else...so, harsh as a real combat should be. But I'm ok with it: I like challenges, and I was bored with standardThis game is pretty harsh with beginners, it doesn't matter how much they pay: you really have to know what to do to survive in those large scale battles, special equipments can't save your ass in most situations, and most of the time you feel like cannon fodder, like everybody else...so, harsh as a real combat should be. But I'm ok with it: I like challenges, and I was bored with standard fps. Planetside 2 is a new interesting fps experience, you really have to try it if you like the genre. Expand
  3. Feb 6, 2017
    This should never get above a 5 out of 10. I am giving it a 1 out of 10 as pay2win is NOT OK IN THIS CURRENT ERA OF THE INDUSTRY!!!! Veteran players/subscribers have a very distinct advantage over regular players, and it does affect the game in a HUGE way. Now I am willing to subscribe to a game if I feel its good enough, but frankly, planetside 2 features broken gameplay mechanics,This should never get above a 5 out of 10. I am giving it a 1 out of 10 as pay2win is NOT OK IN THIS CURRENT ERA OF THE INDUSTRY!!!! Veteran players/subscribers have a very distinct advantage over regular players, and it does affect the game in a HUGE way. Now I am willing to subscribe to a game if I feel its good enough, but frankly, planetside 2 features broken gameplay mechanics, weapons that take an ungodly amount of time to farm certifications for... or buy them outright for about 6-10 dollars a weapon... and a lot of other piss poor implementations. Its not so much a game about skill, as it is about making sure you fire upon an enemy who hasn't seen you as the person who fires first, without being seen, is always going to get a kill. Many of the vehicle weapons are too weak and anti-vehicle weapons are the worst offenders, they are too weak to consider even trying to use. It takes around 10 anti-vehicle hits to destroy a lightning (light tank), and enemy engineers can repair through 1 person trying to pelt it with anti-vehicle. The weapons on most of the vehicles are a freaking joke, too. Air vehicles have a terrible time trying to kill light vehicles. I took out a little buggy in a mosquito, the buggy destroyed my mosquito (air vehicle) in 5 seconds, whereas I only got him to half health... WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THAT??? A CAR WITH A MACHINE GUN, KILLS A VTOL WITH A MACHINE GUN, FASTER?!?!? Hell no, the game is garbage pay2win **** Dont waste your time, those giving the game anything above a 5, are liars or sheeple. Its BAD! And yes, it is pay2win, not freemium. There is no paywall to unlock certain features you cannot already have in the game by grinding an ungodly amount of time. You basically pay to get ahead, which is PAY2WIN!!!!! Developers, get out of the industry, you are failures! Expand
  4. Jan 3, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 86/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  5. Dec 25, 2016
    This game is a combination of a MMO, a FPS and a RTS. You can either play solo or in groups, and the core objective of the game is to capture continents for your faction. Very addictive game, interesting mechanics, lots of vehicles and modifications available. Do recommend.
  6. Nov 29, 2016
    There are people who dislikes this game for game being hard. But doesn't mean game is bad. Game is VERY VERY entertaining and sometimes very funny. And about game does not teach you a thing it just throws you to war, there is quick tutorial about basic game controls like changing classes(just a basic overlook?). And atleast the players are not as toxic as CS:GO, yes there are salty playersThere are people who dislikes this game for game being hard. But doesn't mean game is bad. Game is VERY VERY entertaining and sometimes very funny. And about game does not teach you a thing it just throws you to war, there is quick tutorial about basic game controls like changing classes(just a basic overlook?). And atleast the players are not as toxic as CS:GO, yes there are salty players but they dont scream to mic like crazy. Game itself may seem hard at the start, gaining "certs" to buy weapon for your tanks, planes and such. But while you are playing ou realize something: Sure some weapons are better than others in some occasions but there is no such a thing as best, different weapons mean different play types. And if you can find a good outfit or "clan" you can enjoy the game for a long time. And yes this game is something that you respawn you fight you die... but the joy you get from balanced fight is something you guys have to feel. Expand
  7. Nov 23, 2016
    Well well... it doesn't happen often that I change my opinion on some game so drastically, but I didn't expect this game to get so much better than before. I'd been playing this game in 2014 and it was quite crappy – lot of flaws and unbalanced as hell. I was looking for some FPS this year to play instead of battlefield series, that are getting worse and worse and I checked PS2 too. IWell well... it doesn't happen often that I change my opinion on some game so drastically, but I didn't expect this game to get so much better than before. I'd been playing this game in 2014 and it was quite crappy – lot of flaws and unbalanced as hell. I was looking for some FPS this year to play instead of battlefield series, that are getting worse and worse and I checked PS2 too. I decided to give it another go and what-the-hell! This game got much better – there are new gaming elements such as building bases and new weapons, the balance of the game got considerably better and lot of flaws has been removed/repaired. Definitely an improvement and kudos to the developers for listening to players, unlike lot of others. You have proven worthy of Vanu's legacy! Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2016
    Impossible to contact support if you should ever get locked out of your account. I used to pay to play and when I forgot my password the game would not authenticate no matter what credentials I provided. There is literally nobody on the support team to help with any account issues whatsoever. Only play if you are willing to tattoo your password on your arm, otherwise you can lose all yourImpossible to contact support if you should ever get locked out of your account. I used to pay to play and when I forgot my password the game would not authenticate no matter what credentials I provided. There is literally nobody on the support team to help with any account issues whatsoever. Only play if you are willing to tattoo your password on your arm, otherwise you can lose all your progress and money spent on items at any time. Expand
  9. Sep 28, 2016
    Everything that's wrong with Planetside 2:
    It's made purely to attract players by showing off max settings graphics during mass battles at night.
    What it doesn't tell you: -it's designed with a softened up pay-to-win system which means paying or not - all have access to the same gear but not paying takes a multitude of time amount required to unlock and upgrade the same gear compared
    Everything that's wrong with Planetside 2:

What it doesn't tell you:
    -it's designed with a softened up pay-to-win system which means paying or not - all have access to the same gear but not paying takes a multitude of time amount required to unlock and upgrade the same gear compared to one who pays
    -this doesn't just affect weapons, it also affects defense and equipment - you serioursly have to unlock and upgrade your armor, too; also heavy soldier shield or medic heal etc.
    -you're USELESS and a soldier for the MEAT GRINDER with your lack of gear at the start, examples: You'll need a lock-on launcher to be able to destroy non-retarded aircraft, C4 is immensely helpful at destroying tanks, so are anti tank mines etc.; Also you'll seriously have to unlock and upgrade the same type of armor for all of the infantry classes individually per class even though they're all exactly the same and working the same just for the sake of taking long and many points; the only class shared item in the game is the medkit for some reason. Other than that you'll constantly have to repeat the same unlocks and upgrades per class, for vehicles / aircraft even per turrert slot.
    -The game is designed as a point farming simulator to unlock and upgrade stuff and thus is a player farming simulator, not the future shooter that it first advertises itself as. This shows in two critical areas:
    1) Story: There is none. After the initial basic training no story mission(s) exists, no text, not even a single line hinting to any context about the current conflict. Nothing. No one bothered to that day to add any story within the game for any faction and that shows what kind of people work on that game: People who don't care...
    2) Futuristic: So you might expect future gameplay but that doesn't exists. There are exactly 3 things futuristic in this game: shields, real stealth and one faction's hover tank. Everything else is of a worse equipment standard than the current time military, especially rocket launchers which are a **** joke only because the devs didn't bother putting any actual tactics and gameplay into the game.
    -Combat: Except for area effect damage, the Phoenix rocket launcher and some ballistic weapons it's all about line of sight = line of fire. The game has no artillery, no interesting gameplay mechanics as they could've been recycled from any strategy game and even lacks things of other fps titles.
    -Infantry classes: The classes all just got one special ability and sometimes 1-2 additional items aka are not diverse enough. Medics are an utter failure by design as it's faster to resurrect a dead person from 0% to 100% than to heal an injured one from 1% to 100% and also the correct aiming is almost impossible if multiple players stand in another or very close because none of the devs ever bothered to auto-select the lowest health target in pointed direction instead of a full health that's in the way. Other design flaws exist for other classes. Classes have been given generic items to equip mostly instead of largely class specific gear that really alters their gameplay.
    -Vehicles / Aircraft: The ESFs (Empipre Specific Fighter) need to be pointed out as special. They're a mix of jet and helicopter and can hover in place as well as fly forward or dash sidewards. They're unique to the game, odd to control, vulnerable and can be outfitted to be effective against everything. Aside from that most vehicles are boring by design. Mostly low potential and nothing but armor and blast damage, most don't need a crew to operate at full potential. See PS2 wiki for details.
    -The problem with this game are the devs who believe it's best to keep the unlock + upgrade cancer system alive instead of trashing it to implement good gameplay mechanics, the devs who also don't care for story or don't get it that a future shooter should have future equipment and not just the topic slapped onto the game and all we get are mainly shields and one faction with pew-pew laser weapons; If the devs don't wake up and at least copy & paste some good stuff off other games PS2 is doomed ! It won't persists as the player farming simulator that it is. Hint: You can't always have mass battles you like to show so much as these are stalemates UNLESS you do it like Dota for examples does it: Auto generates waves of AI units directed towards the enemy main base(s); That'd work without player farming
    -Planetside 2 uses clientside hit detection which means your PC tells their server when you hit who how, an invitation to aimbot hacking and players lagging like hell being able to shoot you dead long after you're actually already somewhere further away than on their laggy client - this whole thing doesn't promote the ideal of trying to have a good connection at times
    -the game is poorly optimized, you'll most likely experience less fps than expected
  10. Aug 10, 2016
    I've played a lot of multiplayer combat games and this is my favorite by far. It's as easy or complicated as you want to make it, the developers have kept it fresh and updated, I can't say enough good things about PlanetSide 2, play and see for yourself.
  11. Apr 3, 2016
    The best massive multiplayer ego shooter with vehicles on large scale landscapes ever. If you are looking for epic battles with hundreds of player and a strategy atmosphere there is no way around PS2!
  12. Mar 11, 2016
    Though the game has decent graphics, it primarily sucks for the most part, Alot of cheating, Hackers etc.. Overall the game is dismal at best, to much killing and pretty much nothing else... Over all i'd give the game a 1 tops.. Not worth the time. can play other games that are far better... a true waste of time!
  13. Jan 15, 2016
    Once you go mmofps you can't go back to regular vanilla FPS.

Once you go mmofps you can't go back to regular vanilla FPS.

The only Pay2Win items you can buy are camo skins which can be a minor advantage if you say buy white camo and on Esamir snow planet it would be harder to spot. But when you've got a red triangle over your head when someone else spots you it really doesn't matter. And vehicle horns can only be bought with money. Mostly camo skins and vehicle horns are used to troll so if you're a free player your trolling opportunities are limited.

Everything else is upgraded with XP you earn in game. I haven't spent a penny, and I'm a mediocre player, and I'm BR100.
  14. Dec 27, 2015
    Game could be called Graveyard of Hopes II. Planetside 2 is a paragon of bad design. Devs just ignore most issues, even game breaking, completely. ZOE MAX insane damage? It took them 6 months to fix it, Striker overpowered, with noclip roctets? Well, let's leave it for months. Awful geodata, you could struck in a mound but still climb like in skyrim on near 90 degree mountains. Text isGame could be called Graveyard of Hopes II. Planetside 2 is a paragon of bad design. Devs just ignore most issues, even game breaking, completely. ZOE MAX insane damage? It took them 6 months to fix it, Striker overpowered, with noclip roctets? Well, let's leave it for months. Awful geodata, you could struck in a mound but still climb like in skyrim on near 90 degree mountains. Text is unreadable and too small? Just ignore it. But devs have a lot of time for selling and shoving decals and various honks and festive decorations for the game. It's a milking machine, with a bunch of devoted players who constantly buy new decals and membership. Game with insanely huge potential ruined by lazy design and inability to balance things out. Expand
  15. Dec 26, 2015
    A good game ruined by, once again, gamers and kids. Why I say that? Because people run and gun blind into battle with CoD and Battlefield skills, it just doesn't work here. This game would be so much better if gamers focused more on teamwork than worrying about their KD ratio and score. Then you have the idiots that teamkill or ♥♥♥♥ around the main spawn area doing nothing but annoy you.A good game ruined by, once again, gamers and kids. Why I say that? Because people run and gun blind into battle with CoD and Battlefield skills, it just doesn't work here. This game would be so much better if gamers focused more on teamwork than worrying about their KD ratio and score. Then you have the idiots that teamkill or ♥♥♥♥ around the main spawn area doing nothing but annoy you. When this game first came out, people actually used tactics, teamwork, etc. because the gamers were mature then the kids began to flow in and, well you know the story.

So it's unfortunate that it was ruined again by ♥♥♥♥ing idiots - just another one to add to the pile.

Nothing against the game or anything, it's great. It plays great, looks great, everything is great about it (aside from the microtransactions on everything.) I recommend the game but expect to be disappointed with your teammates, oh and get constantly get ♥♥♥♥ed by the enemy teams and OP veteran players that can kill you by looking at ya. Have fun.
  16. Nov 12, 2015
    My first review was unfair because my CPU wasn't powerful enough, and the game wasn't optimized for AMD CPUs when I tried to play. They've had a lot of patches since then, and I've heard it has been optimized for AMD, and it's not single core bound. I don't have a desire to play at this time, but I'll rate it highly because my friends who play enjoy it.
  17. Sep 13, 2015
    Great game, great graphics, it has good physics and the game seems like a good mix between MMO and FPS unlike many failures that are just click-target.

The problem is that DBG (Daybreak Games) the actual administration/developers of this game are totally asses. You may get banned for no reason, you may get banned while trying to purchase something, you may get banned if someone jerks

You may get banned for no reason, you may get banned while trying to purchase something, you may get banned if someone jerks in a similar location as yours.
    There's no way to ask information or to get a decent evidence show and accurate reasons to prevent account ban. Mods and GMs will only say "we can't do anything about it", and then you get ignored forever.

Sometimes you're not going even be able to log in because you are banned before even creating account.
    Great game gone to garbage because of the worst administration I ever seen,
  18. Aug 19, 2015
    Well, the controls feel like a greased hog running down a hallway. Grindy yet unrewarding. Terrible people playing with you. Nothing redeemable. Sorry, fanboys.
  19. Jun 30, 2015
    This is easily one of the best games of a generation, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved and it has only gotten better with time.

Whilst its easy 'Rage Quit' and blame lack of balance on your poor performance, I myself have played all factions too level 100 and whilst population makes a big difference there should always be something to do even when your faction is loosing.

A excellent mix of ground, air and heavy Armour vehicles as well as tactical and casual squads means this game offers something to everyone, Battlefield and COD simply look a generation behind this. Whilst it does take a bit longer to learn.

It hard to believe this game is now 3 years old, it was way ahead of its time and deserves an install on your computer.

Id urge people to play for fun, not worry about there K/D ratio especially as its free to play.

My one criticism is that maybe the K/D ration should have been left out and this leads to some classes feeling they are not 'performing' and leaving all that to those that want to install the the fantastic 'recursion tracker'.

Its hard to go back to small maps and limited game play after spending so long playing with the scale and openness of Planetside 2. Even if sometimes it feels you are being farmed.
  20. Jun 4, 2015
    GMs are corrupted/dont care, there is team-killing left and right, no balance, full of hackers, no team work. This is a deathmatch. Bugs, no upgrades, abandoned game.
  21. May 26, 2015
    Best game to use cheats on and it's free. Love to use esp, aimbot and teleport. When I get banned I just make a new account. Players get mad and send me private messages saying they reported me. As if that's gonna work. Keep them coming boys.
  22. May 20, 2015
    A mediocre FPS that due to recent changes, offers newer players a chance to be useful early on. The biggest flaw- and it is a game breaking one for an FPS: poorly implemented client side hit detection. In a game full of spam and zergs, there is nothing more enjoyable than being behind cover, but dying to bullets as your enemies see you getting a back massage out in the middle of a field.A mediocre FPS that due to recent changes, offers newer players a chance to be useful early on. The biggest flaw- and it is a game breaking one for an FPS: poorly implemented client side hit detection. In a game full of spam and zergs, there is nothing more enjoyable than being behind cover, but dying to bullets as your enemies see you getting a back massage out in the middle of a field.

If you can get past this huge flaw, the game offers a decent amount of customization options, vehicles, guns, and to a slight degree- classes. The last is really only useful if you plan to play full support or are in a large, coordinated squad. Otherwise, all classes- skill being equal, are vastly inferior to heavy assaults. Due to their overshield mechanic, they simply take more bullets to kill, with no mobility loss or disadvantage. In a game where bullets indeed kill, this makes for boring options.

As for strategy and enjoyable fights, I'd say Planetside 2 ranks last when comparing it to other mainstream games like the BF and COD series. Most fights merely consist of being outnumbered, or doing the outnumbering, to take relatively pointless bases, while 75% of the map is not able to be contested. Due to this, it really removes the ability to harass and annoy larger factions on a continent, as you could in Planetside 1. Again, this simply emphasizes the benefit of players zerging whenever possible. Not my style, but perhaps it's yours.

If you enjoy FPS games, check it out, but don't get sucked into spending a lot of money, as the game is just okay.
  23. May 16, 2015
    I have put a lot of time into this game. It's probably one of the greatest FPS games to ever exist. The scale of the battles will spoil you away from games like Battlefield. There's just so much going on and even though you are just one person, you are an asset to one giant push on an enemy base.

If you are a new player and checking reviews to see if this game is alright. Let me tell you this. I came from battlefield. I played a lot. PS2 is very overwhelming at first. You have a lot of options and the tutorials are sub par even after all the new updates. It still Instant Actions you at the end, and I don't think they should do that. PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS. GET THEM TO PLAY ITS **** FREE. I cannot emphasize that enough, start a small squad, go to the warpgate, get in a gunship, and find your nearest 100 v 100 battle. You'll have a lot of fun that way.
  24. Mar 22, 2015
    This game is pretty much addictive in any aspect.
    It got vehicle combat, air combat and infantry all in a combination that really does feel complete.
    When you add inn the VAST ability to upgrade just about anything, you got 20 weapons per class which in turn are upgradable with 5 addiotns( Scopes, grips ++) And there are numerous additions in there, You can upgrade AND choose armor
    This game is pretty much addictive in any aspect.
    You can upgrade AND choose armor type, and utilites( C4, anti tank mines, medkits and much more)
    These items are also upgradable to get a better effect..

And then vehicles are upgradable, and have different main weapons and passenger guns to be upgraded and changed into different types. (Anti vehicle, anti air, anti tank in different fashions)

So what can be wrong with this game, obviously kids and people who are really bad at playing it start crying and boohooing about the GRIND and the P2W.. And oh its unplayable i crash all the time..
    Cant be much more than their own fault for not having skills, not being able to do anything but rage because again they dont have skills and their computer is faulty or just they plain suck and actually have nothing else to do then rage some more because if they die, its the games fault :-)

No lag, no crashes at all for me ever even now or back 2 years when i played it as well..

So ignore the crybabies who obviously dont know how to play a game other than being a bad looser at it and then bashes the game instead of theirselves who are childish enough to not see the fault is at their hands either a unstable computer, Unable to play without raging or just sucks.
  25. Mar 7, 2015
    In sometime in 2013/2014 i got this game, it was awesome and all but it lagged my laptop to death. Now 2 years later I come back with a semi-descent PC to see the only optimizations they've made is lower texture res, I genuinely think it runs slower than it did 2 years ago. They abandon the PC for some stupid PS port. Don't play this plague.
  26. Feb 27, 2015
    Not the best game ever, it has a lot of glitches, requires a decent pc, and a lot of death... and also low population from time to time

But i love the game and this is the game i have played most of in my entire life i think, and if its free so there is no reason why should not check this game out, well unless you have a problem with getting wrecked and die a LOT and/or have a pc with a bit older specs
  27. Feb 14, 2015
    If you like FPS, then this game is for you. This will make CoD and Halo looks like child's play. An entire planet for you to dominate your opponents on.
  28. Feb 2, 2015
    Game is good if you like vehicles. Playing infantry on this is a lost cause. Getting shot at and killed by 15+ people, none of whom you can see on your screen BTW, while you're tying (and failing) to kill 1 guy as he glitches through a wall or just get out of the spawn area is not my idea of fun. Not to mention the rampant amount of aimbots - there's no way EVERYONE is capable of doingGame is good if you like vehicles. Playing infantry on this is a lost cause. Getting shot at and killed by 15+ people, none of whom you can see on your screen BTW, while you're tying (and failing) to kill 1 guy as he glitches through a wall or just get out of the spawn area is not my idea of fun. Not to mention the rampant amount of aimbots - there's no way EVERYONE is capable of doing noscope headshots from 50m, sorry. There's a huge "cash grab" with item store, etcetc. I give it a 1. Expand
  29. Jan 26, 2015
    This game is totally undemanding. One of the worst games i have ever tried.
    Has a good concept, but they failed it as much as it is possible.
    You are just thrown in to the game with no instructions, and if you have enough patience to learn how to play, you will realize the fact: You can be skilled, but since this game is PayToWin as f**k, the best players are also just creeps.
  30. Zoc
    Jan 21, 2015
    Simply amazing and I'm afraid far too addictive. Ok so I have been gaming 20yrs or so since a young age starting with ZX Sinclair and Streets of Rage etc. I have lost countless, hours, days, months into a huge variety of games ranging from Metal Gear's, Gran Tourismo's, Guild Wars 1&2, Aion, Assassins Creed's, Supreme Commander, Dawn Of War series and numerous more. This game is by quite aSimply amazing and I'm afraid far too addictive. Ok so I have been gaming 20yrs or so since a young age starting with ZX Sinclair and Streets of Rage etc. I have lost countless, hours, days, months into a huge variety of games ranging from Metal Gear's, Gran Tourismo's, Guild Wars 1&2, Aion, Assassins Creed's, Supreme Commander, Dawn Of War series and numerous more. This game is by quite a long shot my all time favourite game. It has so much depth which when you consider that in essence all it is, is a large shooter. By depth I mean there are so many different paths I can take on my personal journey not to mention 3 factions to do it with. I can take to the skies in a number of aircraft, I can speed across enormous maps in a choice of vehicles. When I decide to get some exercise I can choose a multitude of professions to add to my PS2 experience from Engineer to Infiltrator and then each profession has numerous ways of playing and different styles. Even after a year I find myself asking (mostly on the newest of all the maps).. 'Not sure I've been here before' ! Then there is the graphics,... ok its a 2yr old game but the excitement is so easily captured mid battle with the glorious scenery along with a huge array of bullets and weapons filling the skies with luminous glows of various colours.... This game is quite simply a game all true gamers must try. Yes it is frustratingly hard for a long time when you first log in, but give it time and you will soon feel the buzz this game consistently offers. And to top it all off its free to play. Yes you can choose to spend your hard earned cash but all it really does is give you visual customisation and if you decide to, a head start on weapons rather than earn them the hard way. Cash is not needed to appreciate this game whatsoever, to prove this one factions default Light Machine Gun is I think one of the best in the game (Orion). Finally one more word on the scale of the game, its huge, really really huge. I often find myself relatively high on the leader board on whichever area I'm engaged in yet I recently found myself number 300+(forgot the exact number), meaning in the small section of the gigantic map I was playing on, there was at least 300 people battling for control across three (but most likely two) factions (factions meaning playable race's TR, NC & Vanu)....... Epic. Expand

1. May 10, 2013