7.0

1. Oct 30, 2014
    I am not a fan of MMOs or FPSs, but this combines the two to create something awesome, although I would appreciate it if I didn't have to keep entering my username and password. Just do a login through Steam.
  2. Oct 28, 2014
    Ruined my life.

Highly Recommended.

One of the most intense, insane and challenging games you will ever play.

My advice, spawn, look for cover and discover how to play your own way.
  3. Oct 15, 2014
    I have just over 2,500 hours logged in this game. The honest truth is this: The game has a VERY steep learning curve, the system requirements are very high, experienced players will easily farm new players. That being said this is the best FPS i have ever played. It has such a steep learning curve because it is so COMPLEX and deep. Every class is a different play style, and every gun within that class is a whole new experience. Flying, Tanking, Infantry, Infiltrating are all unique and engaging in their own way. The battles can be small fights or ramp up into MASSIVE 3 way battles. The reviews about "pay to win" are very misleading. There is very little "pay to win", if any at all. I leveled to br100 without spending a single penny. Some of the best weapons in the game are default "starter" weapons, the differences are in their role and not direct upgrades. It is like saying a shotgun is better than a sniper rifle, or vice versa. They are just two different things. Player skill/experience are the real dividers. If you have a computer that can handle the game, and the patience to get through the "learning phase", you will be greatly rewarded with perhaps the best FPS you will ever play. Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2014
    The learning curve is tough, and the periodic updates may make the game crash, but the improvements and eventual fixes that have evolved in this game are amazing. A highly engaged community keeps balance improvements and new content coming. If you haven't played since 2012, they've added tutorials, a full scale shooting range, objective and achievement improvements, a 4th continent, 3 new vehicles, and countless weapons. Play it for the giant scale, the huge 200+ player battles, and the nearly endless strategies one can employ. Just try and resist the urge to buy camouflage from their store. Expand
  5. Oct 8, 2014
    This game is absolutely fabulous. The scale of the battles is unprecedented in the gaming industry. The outfits and platoons really bring a huge level team work that a majority of other games just don't have. This game does have a large learning curve, but it is entirely worth it. After sinking about 400 hours into this game, I have no regrets.
  6. Sep 28, 2014
    I have been playing Planetside 2 since beta and it had some growing pains along the way with performance and other development issues. It now runs smoothly and gets better and better after many hours of hard work from SOE. While most first person shooters rely on scripted scenes with jets and tanks in the background, this game has the same feeling of being in a war but it is ACTUAL people. The scale of this game is immense and extraordinary and is a game that I would fantasize about as a child. I find myself coming back to this game again and again in between and during playing other games. It is great to jump in and play for an hour or sometimes 4-5 hours. I recommend playing with friends and to play in platoons but you can play independently as well. If you tried this game and were frustrated by poor performance before give it a chance, it truly is a 10/10 game now and it is simply one of the best games I have ever played. It is a free to play game and the free to play weapons are good; however, you will want to buy some essential weapons like the second burster (anti air) for the MAX unit and a secondary weapon for the tank. I don't mind spending some money to support the game as they do require funds to keep the development going. However, I am glad it isn't a subscription based game as I refuse to partake in such game/ funding models. You can buy a subscription and it does help with experience and moving between continents, especially during "alerts", but it is not necessary. The game is just extremely fun and satisfying to play, especially when you blow up a vehicle carrying 6 people inside and you get all these "exp" numbers jumping up on the screen. I love the feeling of turning the tide of battle, sneaking up on a cloaking sniper and C4ing a MAX unit. There are so many memorable and incredible memories in this game that it really deserves a lot more credit. It is unfortunate that games receive most of their ratings in the first few months of existence as the development team has steadily made this game better and better and better. It just "feels right" now. I can see myself playing this game for years to come. You owe it to yourself to give this game a try and to join in on the battlefield of Planetside 2. Expand
  7. Jul 17, 2014
    Planetside 2 dwarfs other games, at least in terms of shear size and capability. You can find yourself fighting in battles ranging from only a few players to hundreds, perhaps even thousands of players. However, Planetside 2 being so big comes at a price: Performance.

Let me say, right off the bat, you need a good PC to play this game. Even some top of the line rigs can have trouble
    playing this game on the lowest of settings. However, recently, SOE has been working specifically to improve overall game performance, but still don't expect to play this game on your grandmothers laptop.

Despite the performance issues, Planetside 2 is a very enjoyable game, once you get the hang of it. You may find that the first couple hours you play the game, you might find yourself frustrated. But once you learn some of the basic tactics/strategies, you can become a very good player. But even after you get the hang of it, the learning curve is still quite large, and you may find yourself playing the game for a REALLY long time. I have been playing Planetside 2 for over a year and a half, and I am barely halfway through. However, assuming you can get past that, I'd definitely recommend giving Planetside 2 a shot. It still has plenty of growing room, (I think the developers have a 10-year development cycle!) and as is, there are plenty of great features to be explored.
  8. Jul 7, 2014
    Once you get into this game it if a fantastic amount of fun. The battles are on such a massive scale. Graphics are not as good as some other shoot em up platforms but am sure its done like that to be able to run massive servers.
  9. Jun 28, 2014
    Gorgeous. Even if this was a Pay-To-Play game, i would give more than enough to play this masterpiece! Perfect tactics that you must play to advance your squad/platoon and storm the front You do need to give it at least 2 hours to get used to the controls of it, when you do it is amazing. Graphics are top-notch! Game-play is fresh and new! Sounds are clear and great! Play this game!!!
    but you do need a good rig to play it.
  10. Jun 7, 2014
    I need to start this review informing you that I HATE free to play games.

But, this is the only one other than league of legends that I find somewhat fair in their model. - My only gripe about this game is when they release a new weapon.. they make it super awesome so everyone buys it.. then after a week and the sales start to slow down.. NERF! .. ask anyone when the shotgun first came
    out compared to now.. or the phoenix rocket launcher.

For the game play, 10/10... Love it!

Battles are legendary! The sheer size and scale of the armies that siege your fortress or bio-lab are amazing!

Guns are pretty balanced and each faction has unique art styles and few play styles that differentiate them for the others.

I like the pace of combat way more than COD and battlefield and the system of how you can upgrade your gear is a nice touch.

overall, I will be playing this game for many years to come.
  11. May 26, 2014
    Pros: Fast gameplay and epic battles. You really can't ask for more out of a free to play game. Great game community. Can be addictive as your job is never truly done in game. No single weapon dominates in all fights. Fight on the ground as one of 5 classes or take to the air in one of 3 types of air units or grab one of several ground units from a two person four wheeler to a 12 person personal carrier. There is now lack of vehicle options in game.

Cons: Suffers from a lack of Meta game. You will find far to many people grinding kills instead of attempting to gain continent control for your faction. This can be frustrating for the true team player yet does not affect solo play as much. Game updates often feel untested prior to launch but are quickly repaired. Learning curve can be a little high so It is recommended to group up with one of the many outfits in game for a helping hand.
  12. May 23, 2014
    Best Free to play FPS in this moment.
    Not for everyone tho. It rewards only the patient players (to get through all that overwhelming information), they can really enjoy what this game offers.
  13. May 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. YES!!! I was in a battle at the crown with a grand total of 500+ people!(I am Vanu, and we only had ~50 people there, and the graph showed we were 10% of the people there. Btw, you need a really good computer to play. I use a amd fx 8350 and a gtx 760. I play ultra settings, but the LAG when you have hundreds of people. A** kicking fun when you just see chaos XD) (Btw, smoke grenades and emp grenades=TROLOLOL in these situations...you mess up hundreds of elmos and smurfs(TR and NC) Expand
  14. Apr 23, 2014
    1st, WTH are people ripping into the game for? saying there is no character devleopment? so? on BF and COD, i dont remember character development besides perks and weapons, this isnt an RPG game, its a game where you kill 200 of the other enemy on 3 different maps.

I didnt have to P2W to be good at this game. if your good at BF and COD then you will be good on this game. yes at 1st it
    drops you into the middle of a battle but unless your not looking when you die, you can pick to respawn in a different area or even the HQ(which is also a safe area and no fighting) which constantly has land vehicles or air vehicles picking up people and going off to battle. besides that you can spawn your own land or air vehicle to fly off in, the only problem with this is if you log in when the game is slow, then your driving or flying off on your own.

some people were moaning that you cannot heal "heavies" you can, its called repairing like you would a tank, they are mechanical and so you cant be a medic and heal them but you can repair them like a tank.

also no objective? it has more of an objective then BF and COD, instead of mindless killing which is fun, you also need to take over bases and mindlessly kill, with tanks, 4 wheeler things, troop transports, airships, air jet things, or on foot.

there is friendly fire and that makes a chaotic battle a mess if you have a bunch of foot traffic and tanks rolling through, happens on BF, so it seems all the people who gave this game a 4 or less havent played those other games i mentioned(call of duty and battlefield) since they cannot handle this game.

you had to spend 60$ to get those games but can play this for free, so dont expect to get every single weapon for free but i have seen that i can get most weapons by getting the points from playing the game on my own, and i didnt have to pay to win to be good at this game.

the only time i didnt like playing this game was when it was slow and no one on my faction was hardly on, i still found it fun harassing the bigger army and just taking over random stuff. also the other bad point, if your comp isnt up to snuff like mine, then it will be super laggy or unplayable, so im waiting on it to release to PS4, atleast i hope it will, otherwise i will have to upgrade my comp so i can play it.

its a fun game and worth trying out, its not P2W, it does have things you can pay money and get the items or some weapons faster but when you have 2 dozen of the other faction running at you, then that rifle you spent cash on is not gonna help you and as i said you can get the weapons with the points you earn from killing, defending or taking over positions, so its fun and not grinding to earn the weapons on your own and unless you get into a 1 on 1 battle(lucky you if you do) i dont think the weapon they have will matter too much.

also remember to those that are not familiar with this game and are thinking about it for the PC or PS4 when it comes out, this is where you have 3 different very big maps, and 1,000 or more peiple on each server which each has the 3 maps, so your gonna have on each map normally 100 or more of each faction, that means 100 people helping you fight, while you have 200 or more of the other factions fight you( there are 3 factions in all) so 3 armies all trying to take over big and small bases all over the map, and there are no rounds, just constant fighting. i have experianced myself 1 battle over a big base lasting for 3 hours, so no one won until enough of the other faction had to log off or give up, if you love constant fighting then you will enjoy this game, its non-stop.
  15. Apr 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic. In my opinion, it's better than EA's garbage child - BF4. I actually played this game awhile back. Back when it was in it's **** condition. You know, poor optimizations and stuff. I hopped into it again, and was surprised on how much the performance improved. Which is amazing! Now I can enjoy the game fully.

THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN BF4 OR BF3!
  16. Apr 9, 2014
    easily one of my all time favorite games. no other game keeps me coming back like planet side 2. constant updates with new guns and features, and after the optimization update the game runs really well for me. i would agree that guns are a bit pricey, but after i got a membership that includes a 50% boost, certs (in game currency) were no longer a issue for me. and i was free to upgrade and buy as many new guns and abilities as i wanted. i will say that a big factor of enjoyment in this game for me is the community. devs listen to player feedback, and players are nice and helpful in game and in the forums. i would suggest checking out the planetside subredit and the official forums to see more about the game. the game does have a learning curve i will admit, i would suggest checking out some you tubers if you want to see game play or want to understand how to play the game. the you tubers in no order are: stl youngblood, wrel, zoran the bear, drathamus gaming. my closing statement is this, it is a free game you will lose nothing by downloading it, trying it, not enjoying it, and deleting it. but if you give the game a chance you may find a beautiful game full of player progression and endless hours of fun, supported by a helpful and positive community. at least that is what i found. go to www.planetside 2.com or steam and download the game, who knows what adventures will await :) Expand
  17. Apr 3, 2014
    Amazing game. Huge battles including 200 soldiers on one side and 200 more on the other side. There is a lack of tutorial ingame but you can find a lot of helpful videos in youtube. Every update makes this game even better.
  18. Mar 27, 2014
    Planetside 2 used to be a bit hard to get into but with improved tutorials and better objective setting, I'd say this is my favorite massively multiplayer game at this point. If you're interested in something with a bit more complexity and a bigger scale than the recent battlefield installments: go with this.
  19. Mar 26, 2014
    This game really deserves some more appreciation. It's been a while since its release, and many problems including the existence of bugs, performance issues, and a lacking introduction are fixed. This is NOT a p2w, as everything other than aesthetics can be unlocked using certification points earned from game-play. It does indeed deliver truly amazing graphics on an epic scale (even on my middle class laptop), and all weapons are balanced. Expand
  20. Mar 6, 2014
    Very good game its better with friends but if u dont have strong PC dont play because u will have some lags!!! This is best FPS game i have ever played in my life its all about skills. Players please stop using tanks and aircraft so muck because u ruin the experience of the game.
  21. Feb 3, 2014
    I created an account to write this review. I am normally an anti-fps, anti-competitive type gamer because of the awful community it attracts and that 'twitch' skill requirement in order to compete. In PlanetSide 2 you can start off playing a support role as an engineer or medic and stay in the rear of the fight. Be sure to keep an eye on your mini-map for enemy positions and surround yourself with friendlies (green dots). Doing so will extend your life expectancy significantly until you are comfortable leading the assault.

If you want to avoid the chaos of close-quarters combat and slow down game some, you can be a tank or apc driver or man the turret. Just don't advance alone and be weary of aerial bombers. Park under trees or near some rocks so you don't get spotted so easily. Coordination and teamwork is very important in this game. These support roles, team play, and RPG elements makes this FPS more than a mindless shooter. I've only played the game for three days, but it's very addicting. My favorite memory so far is running with 100 other infantry, tanks, apcs, under air support across a relatively flat desert towards an enemy fortress while under enemy tracer and mortar fire. As one of the few medics, I saved a lot people that day. It was epic.
  22. Jan 25, 2014
    Planetside 2 is an intriguing mix of FPS, open world tactics, ATV driving madness. The game is very fun and the battles are gigantic, but it falls short on its "Pay to Win" pathways. Just because you've spent weeks on the game trying to get enough certifications to buy the next cardboard box doesn't mean you stand a chance against a level 1 who used real money to get the gold-plated cardboard box with a scope. That aside, the action is fast-paced, classes and factions are mostly well balanced and all around it's a game about teamwork, which adds a refreshing element to modern online FPS games. Expand
  23. Jan 22, 2014
    palnetside 2 is not other FPS, it not other big f2p game that everyone will forget, this is one of the bigest games ever, from the amzing grhapic to the huge maps, with the massive number of players and massive battles you cannot forget that kind of game, even so it really hard in the start cuse of the game just trhow you to battle without you even know waht to do, you proboly going to spend you first hours in the game try to understand wtf you need to do, but in the end you found out this amzing game, if it wasent free2play i could easy see it sold in 60 and I was even pay 70$ for it, but no it free so thank the dev team and play, of course you cant play alone this game ment to be play with at least 5 friends cuse alone you not going to do much, so find good team and play. Expand
  24. Jan 2, 2014
    This game wow, 9/10. Always have an absolute blast when I play this game. Game is admiringly beautiful and freakin' huge. Only thing I don't like about this game is the progression speed, takes way to long to unlock a new weapon, not only that but none of your gun progression can be used in other classes which kind of sucks. There is a payment option to quicken that or buy other stuff like armour. But this game isn't a pay to win. All guns and classes are perfectly balanced. Nothing is OP in this game, if there is, thank god I wasn't abused by it. Overall, great game, it's free so why not Expand
  25. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this Game. The epic battles ars so awsome, and its freetoplay its so nice. The Grapic ist not the best but for an freetoPlay game its amacing. when physx is on its so beatyfull. It makes lots of fun so i rated 10 points of 10 Expand
  26. Dec 20, 2013
    I have written a different review about a year ago but since then the game got faster, better, and much more balanced.
    Planetside 2 is now the dream of OC gaming at it's finest hundreds of players on lag free servers, inside a real war run all by people, not AI.
    It. Also runs much better, and I am now able to Max the game on my mid range rig (core i5 650@4.5ghz, MSI gtx 760@1280mhz,
    6750mem and 8gb 1333mhz RAM).
    It only has 1 downside, and that is you need at least 4gb of RAM.
    If you have a fair PC you will be able to enjoy planetside at it's full potential.
    Also, I haven't paid a dollar and I never felt underpowered- it's not pay to win.
    I highly recommend.
  27. Dec 19, 2013
    I'm just wowed by people giving this bad reviews because of a learning curve or the "Pay 2 Win" aspects. You do know that almost every game now has a learning curve? Yes this is a semi-large one because it is such a massive game but it is actually pretty simple. Go to a territory, find A. B, C point and capture them and hold them for however long till it flips. Done. Want a vehicle? Go to a terminal. Want a new class? Go to a terminal. It is not that hard, you are just giving it probably 15 minutes then say "screw this" then pay 2 win? really? every single thing can be unlocked WITHOUT station cash besides camo and certain decals and such that don't even effect gameplay. Yes you have to put some time in effort to get the certs, but I played the game for a year without buying a single station cash or a membership and enjoyed every minute of it. Even Call of Duty or Battlefield have "good guns" which you have to progress to get. Guess what? Station Cash CANNOT be converted to certs and character abilities CANNOT be bought with Station Cash. So you cannot be level one with a fully certed Character, you can have a good gun if you decided to drop 10 dollars into the game just starting a character, but guns do not mean that much. I've seen people get 2 KDR with just starting weapons like the Gauss Rifle or SAW, you have to find a gun that fits your play style, and if you are dying a lot its because most likely you are using a ranged weapon for CQC or a CQC weapon for range. Its not that complicated of a game, I learned it in about an hour or two, and yes I died a lot, but as I played I got better, they don't hold your hand along like other games, and that's why I like it, most of you are adults, you don't need to be told every little aspect of something, learn it yourself by actually playing. Yes you do feel helpless when tanks come rolling over you as infantry because guess what, that's how it happens, if infantry could kill tanks easily then you wouldn't waste your time in a tank. Are you screaming at Battlefield when a tank cuts you down? So suck it up, this game is meant to be that way. Pull a heavy assault and shoot some rockets at it, or cert your guy up to get some C4. As you level up you get better equipment, you guys act like you've never seen this concept before, most FPS games are going for progression systems, high levels will beat you a lot, that's how it happens, and as you get better you will kill them. You can't just start a game and go killing BR 100s right off the bat because they've been in your shoes and know the game better and have had time and experience. The balancing is good, graphics are good, optimization is getting better, updated often. My only complaint with this game is it can get repetitive, but I have to tell myself to STOP playing it so I do not get bored of it because it is such a great game I can sit down for hours and play it. Unlike other shooters it requires some thinking, also the game is played better in a platoon, if you solo the game its fun for a while but you'll most likely be ghost capping and zerging your way along, outfits and platoons make the game a new level of fun. KDR in this game DOES NOT MATTER. Get that out of your head quick, a lot of the people I know that play are good players and still are under 1.0 KDR because this game is massive and especially as infantry if you come face to face with a tank you will probably die, that's how the game works, so get this whole CoD mentality of KDR out of your head when you play this game. Enjoy the massive fights and charges and taking over a continent with your faction. Teamwork makes this game fun, because a win over a territory and alert is more to brag about than a KDR. If you want a game that will entertain you and wow you then Planetside 2 is your game. It is massive, has progression, is one of the few free to play games that is not pay to win, if you put some time and effort into it you will probably get just as addicted to it as the large player-base the game has. Expand
  28. Dec 13, 2013
    The game is hard, i will start with that. It is very hard to learn. Having said that its time to look at it from the players point of view, the game looks amazing, the maps are enormous, and since its PvP, its going to be hard. I have read all these reviews of this game and were disgusted by the way people give it zero chance. You spawned once and got killed and you quit? I have been playing for a long time now and i will say right now that i have died a ton.. want proof? SerchAndDestry on the server Connery. Thats my name and where i am you can look me up. My KDR is 0.375. 3 months ago it was 0.185. You learn and you get better.

How to survive your first month:
    1: Pick Infiltrator and HIDE. You dont know how to play, no shame in that, so what you have to do is get the infiltrator (sniper) and get away from the battle toward your color, (blue, red, purple). Sit on the edge of a battle and get your kills from long shots. As a Infil, you can go invisible. Plus the infiltrators are the only class that has a built in scope. Watch fights from safety while learning controls saving up certs for your other classes.

2: If you dont have an outfit, find a squad! If you look in your social tab there is a button for squads, find an open squad and join. They will give you objectives with waypoints and orders, which makes the game easier when you have a goal.

3: DO NOT FRIENDLY FIRE! Watch your shots, friendly fire is a hallmark of a noob.

4: Using your certs wisely. Certs are sometimes hard to come by. Your first 30 better go toward a sight for another class gun. If you are over being a sniper and are ready to get into the battle, Heavy or Light Assault are a great place to start, Heavys have massive machine guns and built in shields so you can take a little more shots and they have rocket launchers, its wildly inaccurate from far away but still deadly at medium range. Light has jet packs and Carbine rifles, basically the close combat bread and butter. Spend your 30 certs on a red dot sight for either of these classes and you have a platform to build on, plus guns upgraded on lights can be used on engineers as well. There are alot of options that only need 1 cert on the customization window, one wont break the bank so get it while its hot.

5: Everyone Dies. Really this is the thing you must remember, EVERYONE DIES! The guy that killed you? He was probably killed 3 seconds after killing you so dont get angry, get back in the fight and kill him back (extra points for revenge kills), its a way of life on Auraxis (the planet)

6: You cant Fly. Airplanes are hard as f*** to fly. Spend some time in the training room practicing before trying to do the Top Gun thing. You will just get shot down in 34 seconds and be butt hurt. Liberators and Galaxys have multiple seats with guns. You wanna fly? Be a gunner.

7: Pick your faction carefully! You like red? Who cares. Aside from the elaborate back stories for the teams, there are very distinct differences in the teams. Each faction has a color related to their team; the Terran Republic (Red) boast faster firing rates and chainguns, but are ugly as sin. Vanu Sovereignty (purple) are people who use alien tech so they have lasers which feature no bullet drop but damage drops significantly at range. But it doesnt mean you cant headshot someone from 1000 yds with a pistol. And the best for last The New Conglomerate (blue) The Rebels. We (as in im NC) have high damage weapons. Our tank is the most powerful weapon in the game, and our guns put out the most dps. Our firing rate is standard, our bullet drop is normal, but when you hit a target they will know.

Well I could go on with lots of things but really these are the most important things, Dont listen to whiners who can spend 1 day learning the game before they start crying over how many times they get killed. Because like rule number 5, EVERYONE DIES. So come try the game come to the NC on my server and add me, i will personally show you the ropes and help you in any way i can.
  29. Dec 13, 2013
    This game has kept me playing for so many hours... It has been many years I didn't play the same game for so long. It's hard, it's huge, it's free to play and absolutely not pay to win. Skill matters here, as much as strategy and tactics. You have so many choices you just can play in a different way every time you die (and it happens a lot but it's not frustrating since you can respawn quite fast). The dev team gives a lot of attention to the community and keeps releasing patches to make the game better and better. New features and patches will continue to be released in the next years, plans for this game are ambitious and really long term lasting.

I must be honest here, I play since Wolfenstein 3D and I never seen in my life this epic fights with infantry, vehicles and aircrafts. Visuals are simply great. Teamplay is wonderfully made up.

It's free. Try this game. It is an absolute must for every FPS player out there.
  30. Dec 11, 2013
    A brilliant game, smooth mechanics a good progression system and the best thing? one word SCALE it elevates the game to a epic level of brilliance. Also unbelievably it's FREE GET IT NOW
  31. Jun 6, 2013
    Rarely have i seen a game that is as unique as Planetside 2 is. Think Battlefield 2, 64 times bigger, with 3 Factions, and updated Visuals. That's pretty much what Planetside 2 is. Want a quick fight? Hit the Quick Action button, and you land RIGHT INTO the action. Strategic advancing with an Outfit or a Squad? Not a Problem either. It's FREE (you CAN pay for stuff, but you can get it by playing the game as well, so it's really fair).

+ They listen to the players.

1. May 10, 2013