8.9

1. GangoM
    May 8, 2009
    I thought it was shit, fucking slow paced as hell and dull. 10 bucks fair enough, but still for 13 quid I can get Killing Floor and it'll probably be a much better experience. This lasted my friend about 20 hours. He didnt even buy it, he got through 26 of the levels and then said to heck with it.
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    2D sidescrolling tower defense game. It's a bit too easy but there's lots of extra stuff to do. Nothing remarkable about it and not much replay value but it's cheap enough and you'll get a good 20 hours out of it.
  3. MarcusA
    May 15, 2009
    I just can't believe what sells for $20 these days. This game is slow-moving, and has just about the minimum possible work put into it. I smell a rat.
  4. JayH
    May 7, 2009
    Simple gameplay and very unappealing graphics. I got bored quick.
  5. Czar
    May 7, 2009
    Nice game slightly better than average flash type game. I was already starting to get tired of the concept after 15 minutes and switched it off to go an do something else. I am annoyed to realise two days and I haven't bothered going back to it. Feels and looks like a free online flash game. I am surprised to see it here on metacritic.
  6. DougH
    May 5, 2009
    I'm with Henry. The PC is the most powerful gaming platform, use it! If someone released a 2D game with poor animation on the Xbox or PS3, the critics would tear it to pieces. This might make a good $5 app on the iPhone, but give us something a bit more substantial on the peecee.
  7. GD
    May 21, 2009
    My experience of this game was playing the demo that was on Steam. I found the game to be enjoyable at first, nice art direction and good sound. After 15 minutes of playing, I started to find the game to be boring and repetitive. The whole process of waiting for those Sun orbs to come onto the field so you can collect them was beginning to irritate me. It was also slow and boring at My experience of this game was playing the demo that was on Steam. I found the game to be enjoyable at first, nice art direction and good sound. After 15 minutes of playing, I started to find the game to be boring and repetitive. The whole process of waiting for those Sun orbs to come onto the field so you can collect them was beginning to irritate me. It was also slow and boring at times, seeing the same zombies marching forward and seeing your peeshooter plants just shooting slowly at the zombies became just too boring to continue playing. I dont understand why they couldn't have an option to change the resolution, because on bigger screens the game looks stretched and of poor quality. In general, I thought the game was fun at first but it quickly became boring and dull. I also have to agree with "Henry.M", in the sense that after paying so much for a good PC, that this is the game to justify that big purchase? This is a game that is more suited on newgrounds, or the DS or a PSP or even Xbox live or the PSN network, I just think it's odd spending 2000 euro on a PC to play games that look ten years old, but yet they are modern games. I just find it odd. Note: To all of the other people who disagree with Henry's opinion, thats ok to disagree with him, however it is just an opinion and he is entitled to it just as you are to yours'; so stop getting so angry over his comment, it's not like that he is the definitive voice when it comes to this matter. To the other people that were calling him a "retard" and a "fucktard", just stop it. It's childish, rude and it makes you look like any oxymoron; seeing as you are trying to tell people that Henry is the 'immature' person for disliking something. And for the other people calling themselves "real Gamers" or "Hardcore Gamers", again just stop it, it's embarrasing. You don't see people who like books or films describing themselves in such a manner. You are just using these terms because a) you are immature and you are trying to show others that you are mature by being a "hardcore gamer"; or b) or you are insecure and you are trying to create a masculine image out of something that has always been seen as childish and nerdy. Well, thats my rant/review over. It is my first review, so I apologise if it is of poor quality. The main reason I wrote it was because I was suprised to see such negative attitude directed at one person for disliking a game. Expand
  8. Jul 6, 2011
    It's not a soo bad game, however, it gets really boring after a short lap of time which is sas to be honest. and the difficulty level could be a little bit down as it gets insanely hard really quickly......
  9. HenryM
    May 5, 2009
    I rate this 0 because I bought a PC power gaming house - not to play commodore 64 games with but to play the next generation of gaming. I'm getting tired of developers releasing mini game budget style. The IPhone is way over that way, if you want to be here then release something my machine was made for.
  10. Aug 18, 2013
    Horrible! i have no clue why anyone would like it!my brother bought and sunk 150 hours on PC and 200 on his IPad!i played it and i must say to take your $10 and i dont care what you buy as long as its not this game!

1. Hardcore Gamer
    Plants vs. Zombies is a huge game with a great sense of humor, and while it tends to play itself once a strategy is completed and the field of fire constructed, putting it all together and experimenting with the possibilities stays fun for a long, long time. [Summer 2009]
  2. AceGamez
    Plants vs Zombies is what casual gaming is really all about; it's intuitive, easy to start and stop at any time, and has a tremendous variety of gameplay modes.
  3. Pop Cap realizes another masterpiece. Plants Vs. Zombies re-invents tower defense game and offer a great number of minigames and other activities.