6.9

1. May 3, 2013
    Do you like being heckled once or twice per hand? How about hearing cringe-worthy and unskippable dialog that stops the action, sometimes for up to a minute at a time? Do you like seeing you have a 100% chance of winning the hand, only to lose? Then this is the poker game for you!

Honestly I liked the first Poker Night. This is basically that with the added bonus of being buggy and terrible.
  2. Apr 26, 2013
    Possibly one of the worst games i have ever played. Characters don't jell well together and graphics often bug. I also seem to always think to my self hmm why did he win when i had a full house but then i notice it picked a 2 pair over a full house. Winning doesn't seem correct by the fact it can be 99:1 and they will win.

A few options such as cut scene skips are not implemented and
    ive listened to the multiple characters say the same thing 100''s of times over. Same seems to always fold unless he has the best hand possible.

Overall id say dont waste your money unless you want free items not worth wasting your time.
  3. May 12, 2013
    The unskippable dialog ruins the game. The first Poker Night provided a "talkative" setting. Now the dialog halts game progress and can't be skipped. There is on ~1 hour of content so it quickly becomes a repetitive, unskippable mess.
  4. May 6, 2013
    If it weren't for the unlocks for other games, I would have already uninstalled this terrible game. Yes it's poker, and yes there is an element of chance/RNG, however, this isn't anything like pure chance. This is so heavily AI favoured, and it's unashamedly blatant. GLaDOS is a filthy, biased dealer.

Aside from the unlocks, the only other positive is the banter between the characters,
    which while fun, hasn't got an overly scriptl and it gets repetitive pretty quick. If you have to struggle through for unlocks, have a set of headphones and some music on hand because the table never, ever shuts up. Expand
  5. Jul 9, 2013
    Im sure this game would be decent enough.... if myself and a fraction of the community this game has could even play it... There is no "we're working on it" message in the forums. And little to no support to help. This game was rushed and it shows. I dont understand how people could this is an amazing game. Most people buy it because of unlocks and after they get them its never played again.
  6. Aug 4, 2013
    The game has functionality bugs. Sometimes my flush combination was beaten by just a pair or two pairs in both Omaha and Texas Holdem games. Graphics is a crap. Visual mismatching of characters makes me sick quickly.
    This makes the game unplayable as much for beginners as for experienced players. It's a sad to realize that I've thrown away my money
  7. Jun 15, 2013
    First one was kinda fun this one is drab and annoying... the new AI tell system isn't difficult its just annoying having to listen to the same drab dialogue over and over. SLOW... every menu and click feels like you're playing on an Apple II. Realize now it's not really a game just a way to get you to buy exclusive items so you can play dress up in other games, nice marketing crappy game.
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    The First Poker night game was fun, really fun because it had moderation. and i was thrilled when i heard about a new game and i pre-ordered it on steam waiting in anticipation until it came out. but once i started playing, i realized that this game wasn't what i thought it was going to be. in the first game, the concept of having internet comic characters on the game was fine, but TV Shows? really? the characters constantly mock you for checking and then check themselves, and when they aren't talking to you, they're droning on and on about random stuff. the AI is poorly scripted with a 75-25 chance of the others going all in before the flop or raising a ridiculous amount. Expand
  9. Aug 5, 2013
    Garbage, also does not use legit rules. Skip it, very annoying dialog ontop of that just find a simple poker game it'll be better. This game has alot of problems calling hands correctly, Glitches perhaps? Ive been using all sources for rules and i cannot find anything with rules like these... most card possibilitys are not on their "Cheat sheet" So i don't even know what planet this game is from.
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    Fun game, cool dialogue...but biggest problem is it doesn't work. Game crashes on startup 90% of time. I got to work a few times; but after buying, downloading, and RE downloading..and sending emails to support to steam and telltale, I expect it to work more than 4 or 5 times...even if on sale.; I finally got an email from Telltale 4 days later, but no resolution yet..AVOID.

1. Jul 2, 2013
    Opponents know how to bluff, they lure the player into ‘traps’ and despite humorous presentation things at the table can get tense. [CD-Action 08/2013, p.81]
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    It's certainly fun while it lasts. [Issue#136, p.113]
  3. May 27, 2013
    Poker Night 2 is exactly the experience you'd expect if you played the first episode. There's a nice selection of characters and lots of dialogue to keep you amused.