6.9

1. May 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was expecting a great game when i got this... I loved number 1 and i could not wait for number 2, but when i played it was not as good, though improved in good ways. FIRST THE PERKS... The game is hilarious, you will be laughing hard when you play, well i did not laugh at much in this as poker night 1, but maybe that is because i am not that big of a fan of most of the characters...BUT, the game has a problem with looping, because you will hear the SAME THING SO MANY TIMES IT WILL HURT. you will get used to saying you wont be happy when you hear glados talking about card having jibs and that you can cut them, glados saying that your move wont bite you in you ample posterior and AUTO-FOLD ACTIVATED by claptrap. the game looks genuinely good with no bad frame rates.and the bounty challenges are very fun....BUT, and this is the biggest problems, the intolerable win a showdown with high cards challenge, it is SO hard that i have not even beat it since it came out Expand
  2. May 2, 2013
    The game itself is interesting but the degree of difficulty is high
    Besides, the borgon fluxes do so excessively well.
    It is impressive that GLaDOS was dealer.
    솔직히 이지만
    봇들이 같으니
    초보자들 않는다
    차라리 포커나이트1이
  3. May 5, 2013
    This is a so so poker game.
    This is a so so poker game.
    The starting amount of chips is way too low for how quickly the blinds go up and how high the average bets are. It should be more like 100,000 instead of 20,000, with more bets in the 2,000 to 3,000 range. There's also way too many "all ins". It's all most like the developers watched games on TV and thought that was how games went, where in fact 75% of a WSoP game is edited out because of how dull it can be at times.
    All this means you need to get out front fast and then play really tight till you get the nuts. Even then with 75% or better odds you'll still get some really really bad beats. I've not played a lot of hands over all and I've seen my 3 of kind get beat by straights 4 times out of 5. That doesn't normally happen.
    As well I was under the impression the AI players had "tells". If they do they're inconsistent and often either way too obvious or all most nothing at all, nothing in between. The humor is okay for the first little while but does get a bit repetitive.
    This game kind of reminds me of all the Monopoly video games that have been released over the years. The game looks like the real thing but when you get down to brass tacks it doesn't play like the real thing so the developers try to fix it by cooking the odds. At least that's how it feels to me. I've got a few poker video games that range from pretty awful to quite good and this one is maybe one above the worst one.
    Don't think I don't know how to play hold em either because while I'll never make a money table, I can still hold my own.
    This could of been so much better, as it stands I'll maybe play it once in a blue moon. If your looking for any resemblance to no limit hold em or want to learn the game, look else where is my advice. If you just want to goof around with video characters from other games have at it.
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    Definitely worth the $5. A good time waster, and the new line of characters/opponents are well chosen, including GLaDOS as the announcer, and they all add the right amount of conversational spice to the table. Figuratively and literally. However, the tells, bluffs and AI in general seem a bit more unforgiving and unrefined compared to the previous game. That can be very frustrating whenDefinitely worth the $5. A good time waster, and the new line of characters/opponents are well chosen, including GLaDOS as the announcer, and they all add the right amount of conversational spice to the table. Figuratively and literally. However, the tells, bluffs and AI in general seem a bit more unforgiving and unrefined compared to the previous game. That can be very frustrating when you're trying to win some of the Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2 items, and you can never catch a break. Overall, it's an alright little game, but it's nothing spectacular. Expand
  5. Apr 27, 2013
    Game is alright. The lack of bluffing and reading is really annoying at times and the AI obviously cheats. The lines recorded are very limited making it so they repeat themselves very frequently after a short amount of time. If it wasn't for the unlocks I wouldn't be able to give it more than 5/10. A decent poker game overall but lacks innovation.
  6. Apr 26, 2013
    It would be great if all the characters weren't such douche-bags, and Claptrap is the most annoying thing ever. It hasn't really changed, it only got 1 more mode, but it really don't feel great to play the game when you always feel frustrated and get weak cards.
  7. Jun 8, 2013
    Hey zeig you do know that when you play Omaha(I'm sure the reason why you're saying that you lost with 100% chance of winning) that only two of the cards in your hand can be used. Don't blame the game for your own stupidity. Anyway it's a pretty glitchy and rushed game, but they definitely had some good dialog writers. The conversations are hilarious and I love the fact that the charactersHey zeig you do know that when you play Omaha(I'm sure the reason why you're saying that you lost with 100% chance of winning) that only two of the cards in your hand can be used. Don't blame the game for your own stupidity. Anyway it's a pretty glitchy and rushed game, but they definitely had some good dialog writers. The conversations are hilarious and I love the fact that the characters reference things that actually happened in their universes so there's some inside humor. For the price there is no reason why you shouldn't try this game out. Great replay ability because of the multiple inventory layouts which also effects the dialog and keeps the conversation fresh. Definitely worth it. Expand
  8. Jun 15, 2013
    Essentially the same game to the original Poker Night at the Inventory, this game carries on the tradition of gruff conversations between various video game characters. The new additions of themes of poker tables, chips, and cards gives the player something to play forward to, along side with the bounties for TF2 and Borderlands 2 items. Once you collect an entire theme, the entire roomEssentially the same game to the original Poker Night at the Inventory, this game carries on the tradition of gruff conversations between various video game characters. The new additions of themes of poker tables, chips, and cards gives the player something to play forward to, along side with the bounties for TF2 and Borderlands 2 items. Once you collect an entire theme, the entire room changes, which definitely changes up the usually boring, and unchanging atmosphere, which was a good step from the original. The new drinking 'power' is a great addition too (not to mention that barista!), as you can slightly alter the game. The overall poker aspect is as you would expect an AI poker game to play. Unfortunately, you end up hearing much of the same dialog over and over, which can get slightly unnerving, some points, making me mute the game and listen to my own music. Nonetheless, this game is a very fun experience and it's interesting to delve into the lives and personalities of the many characters who make their appearances. Expand
  9. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    Poker Night 2 inherits the same pros and cons its predecessor used to have: good poker hands, quick and rushy gameplay, fair achievements... but also bad character choices (Venture Bros? Really?) and a never-ending repetitiveness when it's time for the guys to say something. 6.5 out of 10, rounded to 7 thanks to GLadOS and the fact that it's cheap.
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    It's just pocker, but the game makes it more interesting.
    Comments and players are fun to lisen to and to watch,
    for the price is a great little pocker casual game.
    it's worth every dollar.
    The only thing, is, that after a few hours, no matter the ambient, gets repetitive
  11. Jun 23, 2013
    Five dollars for a fun poker game with 6 major gaming stars? What's not to like? well...

Okay, let's start with the bad first. Brock Sampson (on my Windows 8 computer) had a graphical glitch that made blue speckles appear all over his body (minus his eyes). The dialogue can get grating, especially since the randomness of the choices seems to put it so you may hear the same few

The dialogue can get grating, especially since the randomness of the choices seems to put it so you may hear the same few conversations play out over and over and over between games. Luckily though, I've never heard the same conversation in the same game of Hold 'Em (which is all I play by the way).

Speaking of which, there's now two card games to play, Omaha and Hold 'Em. Both seem true to their roots. Both have their own entertainment value that will vary from person to person.

One of the greatest (and most marketed) things about this game is the six characters having interactions with each other (again minus all the intro characters). Brock Sampson from the Venture Brothers, Claptrap from Borderlands (1 & 2), Ash Williams from Army of Darkness (circa 1992), Sam from Sam & Max, Max also makes a return accompanying Sam, with GLaDOS hosting the event. It's all very wonderful and well worth it to enjoy the banter between the entities. Claptrap and GLaDOS have some interesting banter, Ash and Brock have a few funny lines together, and Sam & Max have some really enjoyable quips.

So overall it's not a perfect game, but it's nice for what you pay. If you enjoy Texas Hold 'Em and you are still on the fence, I recommend a buy.

1. Jul 2, 2013
    Opponents know how to bluff, they lure the player into ‘traps’ and despite humorous presentation things at the table can get tense. [CD-Action 08/2013, p.81]
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    It's certainly fun while it lasts. [Issue#136, p.113]
  3. May 27, 2013
    Poker Night 2 is exactly the experience you'd expect if you played the first episode. There's a nice selection of characters and lots of dialogue to keep you amused.