7.0

1. Apr 27, 2013
    This isn't a professional poker game with professional AI, that needs to be understood going in.

What this is, is a poker game with these characters and it performs exceptionally well in that regard having said that the tells and bluffing of my ai companions have definitely improved.

Unlocking each characters unique item is now based on a set of achievements randomized at the outset
    and the unlocks...unlock additional dialogue pieces and change the appearance of the game dramatically.

Does playing poker with this line up appeal to you? then buy it. for the low price there's easily enough bang for your buck here.
  2. May 3, 2013
    Do you like being heckled once or twice per hand? How about hearing cringe-worthy and unskippable dialog that stops the action, sometimes for up to a minute at a time? Do you like seeing you have a 100% chance of winning the hand, only to lose? Then this is the poker game for you!

Honestly I liked the first Poker Night. This is basically that with the added bonus of being buggy and terrible.
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    Everything you would want in a sequel. Although I am going to miss playing the first lineup, the second lineup is just as entertaining. Unfortunately for me, I am not a fan any of the Characters except for GLaDOS, but it hasn't stopped me from liking this game.
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    A great sequel. If you played the first game, the second is better. If you didn't play the first but can get into video poker and video game cultural references, it's a decent buy I'd buy this over the first one if you only get one. I'm a fan of Venture Bros, Evil Dead, Portal, and most recently, Borderlands so most of the characters were geared in my favor to begin with (it might not be as much fun for you if you're not familiar with any of the games/movies/TV shows involved). It's a great line-up of characters overall and is just frustrating enough to keep you wanting revenge rather than quitting.

If you play smart and don't get yourself in a big hole early, you can usually power play your opponents by setting big bets causing them to fold or go all-in. As one of the other reviewers mentioned, it seems at times that the hand recognition system picks a screwy hand but these instances don't happen frequently enough to knock it.

Overall, it's a fun little card game that helps teach you a little about poker and helps you build your confidence before you go lose money/beer/sexual favors to your friends on poker night.
  5. Apr 26, 2013
    Possibly one of the worst games i have ever played. Characters don't jell well together and graphics often bug. I also seem to always think to my self hmm why did he win when i had a full house but then i notice it picked a 2 pair over a full house. Winning doesn't seem correct by the fact it can be 99:1 and they will win.

A few options such as cut scene skips are not implemented and
    ive listened to the multiple characters say the same thing 100''s of times over. Same seems to always fold unless he has the best hand possible.

Overall id say dont waste your money unless you want free items not worth wasting your time.
  6. May 12, 2013
    The unskippable dialog ruins the game. The first Poker Night provided a "talkative" setting. Now the dialog halts game progress and can't be skipped. There is on ~1 hour of content so it quickly becomes a repetitive, unskippable mess.
  7. Apr 27, 2013
    This game is even steeper first chasti.bolshe modes of 2.Zaochki can buy various backgrounds and more drugoe.Omaha Hold'em and this is the first kruto.Eto steeper chasti.Tut can win items for TF2 and borderlends 2.A I have made ​​a pre-order and I was given the first part and there identity as cool. Only here for more vozmozhnostey.Luchshy poker all the time of my life!
  8. May 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was expecting a great game when i got this... I loved number 1 and i could not wait for number 2, but when i played it was not as good, though improved in good ways. FIRST THE PERKS... The game is hilarious, you will be laughing hard when you play, well i did not laugh at much in this as poker night 1, but maybe that is because i am not that big of a fan of most of the characters...BUT, the game has a problem with looping, because you will hear the SAME THING SO MANY TIMES IT WILL HURT. you will get used to saying you wont be happy when you hear glados talking about card having jibs and that you can cut them, glados saying that your move wont bite you in you ample posterior and AUTO-FOLD ACTIVATED by claptrap. the game looks genuinely good with no bad frame rates.and the bounty challenges are very fun....BUT, and this is the biggest problems, the intolerable win a showdown with high cards challenge, it is SO hard that i have not even beat it since it came out Expand
  9. May 6, 2013
    If it weren't for the unlocks for other games, I would have already uninstalled this terrible game. Yes it's poker, and yes there is an element of chance/RNG, however, this isn't anything like pure chance. This is so heavily AI favoured, and it's unashamedly blatant. GLaDOS is a filthy, biased dealer.

Aside from the unlocks, the only other positive is the banter between the characters,
    which while fun, hasn't got an overly scriptl and it gets repetitive pretty quick. If you have to struggle through for unlocks, have a set of headphones and some music on hand because the table never, ever shuts up. Expand
  10. Jul 9, 2013
    Im sure this game would be decent enough.... if myself and a fraction of the community this game has could even play it... There is no "we're working on it" message in the forums. And little to no support to help. This game was rushed and it shows. I dont understand how people could this is an amazing game. Most people buy it because of unlocks and after they get them its never played again.
  11. Aug 4, 2013
    The game has functionality bugs. Sometimes my flush combination was beaten by just a pair or two pairs in both Omaha and Texas Holdem games. Graphics is a crap. Visual mismatching of characters makes me sick quickly.
    This makes the game unplayable as much for beginners as for experienced players. It's a sad to realize that I've thrown away my money
  12. Apr 27, 2013
    Game is alright. The lack of bluffing and reading is really annoying at times and the AI obviously cheats. The lines recorded are very limited making it so they repeat themselves very frequently after a short amount of time. If it wasn't for the unlocks I wouldn't be able to give it more than 5/10. A decent poker game overall but lacks innovation.
  13. Apr 29, 2013
    Definitely worth the $5. A good time waster, and the new line of characters/opponents are well chosen, including GLaDOS as the announcer, and they all add the right amount of conversational spice to the table. Figuratively and literally. However, the tells, bluffs and AI in general seem a bit more unforgiving and unrefined compared to the previous game. That can be very frustrating when you're trying to win some of the Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2 items, and you can never catch a break. Overall, it's an alright little game, but it's nothing spectacular. Expand
  14. May 2, 2013
    The game itself is interesting but the degree of difficulty is high
    Besides, the borgon fluxes do so excessively well.
    It is impressive that GLaDOS was dealer.
    솔직히 이지만
    봇들이 같으니
    초보자들 않는다
    차라리 포커나이트1이
  15. May 5, 2013
    This is a so so poker game.
    The starting amount of chips is way too low for how quickly the blinds go up and how high the average bets are. It should be more like 100,000 instead of 20,000, with more bets in the 2,000 to 3,000 range. There's also way too many "all ins". It's all most like the developers watched games on TV and thought that was how games went, where in fact 75% of a WSoP
    game is edited out because of how dull it can be at times.
    All this means you need to get out front fast and then play really tight till you get the nuts. Even then with 75% or better odds you'll still get some really really bad beats. I've not played a lot of hands over all and I've seen my 3 of kind get beat by straights 4 times out of 5. That doesn't normally happen.
    As well I was under the impression the AI players had "tells". If they do they're inconsistent and often either way too obvious or all most nothing at all, nothing in between. The humor is okay for the first little while but does get a bit repetitive.
    This game kind of reminds me of all the Monopoly video games that have been released over the years. The game looks like the real thing but when you get down to brass tacks it doesn't play like the real thing so the developers try to fix it by cooking the odds. At least that's how it feels to me. I've got a few poker video games that range from pretty awful to quite good and this one is maybe one above the worst one.
    Don't think I don't know how to play hold em either because while I'll never make a money table, I can still hold my own.
    This could of been so much better, as it stands I'll maybe play it once in a blue moon. If your looking for any resemblance to no limit hold em or want to learn the game, look else where is my advice. If you just want to goof around with video characters from other games have at it.
  16. Apr 26, 2013
    It would be great if all the characters weren't such douche-bags, and Claptrap is the most annoying thing ever. It hasn't really changed, it only got 1 more mode, but it really don't feel great to play the game when you always feel frustrated and get weak cards.
  17. Jul 4, 2013
    Do you like Hold em? Do you play borderlands2 or team fortress? Then have I got a fresh NEW Game for you. At 5$ wow its well worth the price, for a really FUN card game.
  18. Jun 15, 2013
    First one was kinda fun this one is drab and annoying... the new AI tell system isn't difficult its just annoying having to listen to the same drab dialogue over and over. SLOW... every menu and click feels like you're playing on an Apple II. Realize now it's not really a game just a way to get you to buy exclusive items so you can play dress up in other games, nice marketing crappy game.
  19. Jul 8, 2013
    The First Poker night game was fun, really fun because it had moderation. and i was thrilled when i heard about a new game and i pre-ordered it on steam waiting in anticipation until it came out. but once i started playing, i realized that this game wasn't what i thought it was going to be. in the first game, the concept of having internet comic characters on the game was fine, but TV Shows? really? the characters constantly mock you for checking and then check themselves, and when they aren't talking to you, they're droning on and on about random stuff. the AI is poorly scripted with a 75-25 chance of the others going all in before the flop or raising a ridiculous amount. Expand
  20. Aug 9, 2013
    This game delivers way more than asks (8 bucks). It's a nice time killer. It's great to see our favorite characters out of their games and kinda interact with them,
  21. Jun 8, 2013
    Hey zeig you do know that when you play Omaha(I'm sure the reason why you're saying that you lost with 100% chance of winning) that only two of the cards in your hand can be used. Don't blame the game for your own stupidity. Anyway it's a pretty glitchy and rushed game, but they definitely had some good dialog writers. The conversations are hilarious and I love the fact that the characters reference things that actually happened in their universes so there's some inside humor. For the price there is no reason why you shouldn't try this game out. Great replay ability because of the multiple inventory layouts which also effects the dialog and keeps the conversation fresh. Definitely worth it. Expand
  22. Apr 28, 2013
    Fun little time waster, especially for a lousy 5 bucks. Characters are true to their form and some clever writing involved. Not a serious poker game doesn't take long to figure out player tendencies, but still plenty entertaining. For the ridiculously low price, I don't think you can go wrong for a casual game like this.
  23. Jul 7, 2013
    Poker Night 2 for the PC is a LOT better than the poorly ported Xbox version. As it turns out, there was a lot of dialogue and movements that the characters did that was cut out from the Xbox port. I'm not sure whether or not that is the same for the PS3 version of the game, and i'm not entirely sure why they made the decision to do that. Either way, there is more dialogue and a lot less bugs with this version. So obviously, get this version if you plan on getting it. Expand
  24. Apr 30, 2013
    First of all, I loved the first one. I love poker and this game is really good for me when I don't have the opportunity to play with my friends. The second one is a perfect sequel. Characters are slightly more friendly, which is a good point in my opinion, and I love the unlockables, not only for other games, but for this one too. I hope they'll add more in-game unlockables for the future games. Overall, this game is really good. If you're not searching for online poker but you still want to play Texas Hold'Em or Omaha. This time, there's Borderlands 2 gear and once again TF2 items to win. I might start a new game of B2 just for that. Expand
  25. Feb 13, 2014
    Poker Night 2 improves on the original in almost every way. Almost...

Pros:
    - 7 hours of banter compared to maybe 2-3 hours in the original. And I was still hearing new lines up and beyond the 10 hour mark. This is more impressive when you consider the fact the original had nothing but generic one-liners where Poker Night 2 has the AI players interacting with each other using lengthy
    story telling, which I found more interesting.

- Another variant, Omaha, was added to go along with Texas Hold'em.

- Some in-game enhancements. Most notably the display of percentages so you know what your odds of winning a hand are compared to the other players.

- If you enjoy unlocking TF2/Borderland items from actually playing poker than Poker Night 2 is a huge upgrade over the original's goofy purely coincidental fluke based unlocking system (if you just want to speed unlock items then I guess it could be considered a huge downgrade.) Here you complete 3 minor objectives and this will trigger an AI player to put his item into the pot. Win the tourney - win the item. Lose the tourney? No problem, the AI will keep ponying up an item every tourney thereafter until you win. No more having to spam restart the game to get the AI to throw in an item. And no more of the "knock this player out to unlock the item" bull---- that existed in the first that promoted anti-poker habits.

Cons:
    - Can no longer skip dialogue. WTF? In the first if you simply clicked the left mouse button you could skip dialogue to avoid the inevitable annoying repetitiveness. Here you are forced to listen to all the same stuff over and over and over again. And I'll tell you... that Claptrap is a talker. When he gets on one of his long tired acts for the fifteenth time you will want to hang yourself.

- I don't play Omaha much, but I swear a hand was bugged. Instead of the AI choosing two cards that should have given him a straight and a win. He instead chose two cards that gave him two pair causing him to lose. Don't take it as gospel, but there could be bugs present in this game mode. Meanwhile I have never encountered a bug in Texas Hold'em.

- There is still that suspicious AI behavior that existed in the first. Why would an AI player call your ALL-IN when he has a 5, 8 off-suit pre-flop? Then you proceed to watch cards come out that magically give the AI player a straight and the win. Oh I guess that's why. Extreme luck or is the AI cheating with premonition? I'll let you decide.
  26. Apr 29, 2013
    Surprisingly after about the 6th hour of gameplay they run out of original comedy. For $5, 5-6 hours is definitely worth it. Pro: Comedy & tons of it for $5. Claptrap & GLADDOS are HILARIOUS!!!! Con: The only beef with the game is that for a PC game you have a number-pad to change your bet would it been that hard to program this?!?! Telltale Game please make a sequel to this game for similar pricing. Expand
  27. Jun 15, 2013
    Essentially the same game to the original Poker Night at the Inventory, this game carries on the tradition of gruff conversations between various video game characters. The new additions of themes of poker tables, chips, and cards gives the player something to play forward to, along side with the bounties for TF2 and Borderlands 2 items. Once you collect an entire theme, the entire room changes, which definitely changes up the usually boring, and unchanging atmosphere, which was a good step from the original. The new drinking 'power' is a great addition too (not to mention that barista!), as you can slightly alter the game. The overall poker aspect is as you would expect an AI poker game to play. Unfortunately, you end up hearing much of the same dialog over and over, which can get slightly unnerving, some points, making me mute the game and listen to my own music. Nonetheless, this game is a very fun experience and it's interesting to delve into the lives and personalities of the many characters who make their appearances. Expand
  28. Apr 28, 2013
    It is definitely one of the better poker games out there. If you liked the first game then you will love this one, everything has been improved. There is a new mode (Omaha Hold 'Em), more dialogue, new characters from well known series like Borderlands 2, Portal, and The Evil Dead series. And if that wasn't incentive enough to play the game, you can also unlock items in Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2 for your characters.

The overall gameplay is well done, but with some problems. For instance a character can do a certain 'tell' one match to show that he has a bad hand, but the next time he may have a good hand even though he did the same 'tell'. The dialogue can also get repetitive at times, not as fast as the previous game but I noticed after 3 4 hours I started to get a little tired of a few of the lines, most of which aren't skippable.

The game is a good poker game, especially for 5 dollars. Is it perfect? No, there are some problems but overall it's worth the price.
  29. Apr 29, 2013
    A much improved sequel creates a playable, fun game and cheap game.
    The Original Poker Night was almost unplayable due to the absurd AI betting behaviour. This has been significantly improved. However, with a $20,000 buy-in and a big blind starting at $800 and rising fast its very fast paced, I would have liked to the option to start at a much lower BB, but then they would need a
    different AI behaviour set. These guys actually behave (kinda) rational given that you start on only 25 BB’s and will find yourself on less than 10 within 5-10 minutes. That said they were clearly shooting for a game that took about 10-15 minutes to play at most, and have delivered.

Looking beyond the Poker itself the game is lively, funny, and just well designed. I think you get a lot for your £4. And while its more of a mini-game to be played in the occasional short bust rather than over and over for hours, where the repeated dialogue would strain; I have to say I’m very impressed.

Knowing how to rate this game is tricky. If I’m comparing it against the whole gaming universe it’s a 6 out of 10, If you compare it to other £4 games it’s 10 out of 10. So I’m going with 8. I suggest you buy it, play a game or two a day when you have a spare 20 minutes and it will be a very worth addition to your steam account.
  30. May 7, 2013
    Many quotes get repetitive but as an Indie game for just 5 bucks you get a lot of stuff. 5 awesome TF2 items, game customization, funny easter eggish moments and quotes, really good synchronization and great characters. The poker system is fair and makes fun and the atmosphere and music is great. The graphics could be better, but they are stylistic and fit perfect for the game. For it´s Genre, it´s a solid game and definetly worth its money. Buy it or die. Expand
  31. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is hilarious! The dialogues are really funny and creative (all though they do get old after 10 minutes) and the gameplay is what it should be, a poker game. This is one of those games that don't focus on the gameplay and rather goes ''All In'' with clever jokes and characters interaction. The cast is great, I think that Claptrap is kinda annoying at times but the rest is brilliant! The best pieces of dialogue in my opinion comes from Brock and GLaDOS. You also get items for Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2. And to top it all of, this game costs only 5 bucks! That's a STEAL! Expand
  32. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is AMAZING!
    I really want Poker Night 3, Poker Night 4, Poker Night 5...
    Buy it! Price is funny!
    Dialogs is fantastic, not all, but many
  33. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    Poker Night 2 inherits the same pros and cons its predecessor used to have: good poker hands, quick and rushy gameplay, fair achievements... but also bad character choices (Venture Bros? Really?) and a never-ending repetitiveness when it's time for the guys to say something. 6.5 out of 10, rounded to 7 thanks to GLadOS and the fact that it's cheap.
  34. Jul 29, 2013
    It's just pocker, but the game makes it more interesting.
    Comments and players are fun to lisen to and to watch,
    for the price is a great little pocker casual game.
    it's worth every dollar.
    The only thing, is, that after a few hours, no matter the ambient, gets repetitive
  35. Jun 23, 2013
    Five dollars for a fun poker game with 6 major gaming stars? What's not to like? well...

Okay, let's start with the bad first. Brock Sampson (on my Windows 8 computer) had a graphical glitch that made blue speckles appear all over his body (minus his eyes).
    The dialogue can get grating, especially since the randomness of the choices seems to put it so you may hear the same few
    conversations play out over and over and over between games. Luckily though, I've never heard the same conversation in the same game of Hold 'Em (which is all I play by the way).

Speaking of which, there's now two card games to play, Omaha and Hold 'Em. Both seem true to their roots. Both have their own entertainment value that will vary from person to person.

One of the greatest (and most marketed) things about this game is the six characters having interactions with each other (again minus all the intro characters). Brock Sampson from the Venture Brothers, Claptrap from Borderlands (1 & 2), Ash Williams from Army of Darkness (circa 1992), Sam from Sam & Max, Max also makes a return accompanying Sam, with GLaDOS hosting the event. It's all very wonderful and well worth it to enjoy the banter between the entities. Claptrap and GLaDOS have some interesting banter, Ash and Brock have a few funny lines together, and Sam & Max have some really enjoyable quips.

So overall it's not a perfect game, but it's nice for what you pay. If you enjoy Texas Hold 'Em and you are still on the fence, I recommend a buy.
  36. Aug 2, 2013
    Kontynuacja jednego z najbardziej klimatycznych gier karcianych, wyszła naprawdę dobrze. Dawno się tak nie bawiłem grając w pokera. Twórcy dodali ogrom kwestii i postarali się żeby gracz mógł czuć się jak przy prawdziwym stole pokerowym, tylko z ...innymi "ludźmi".Jednak było by o wiele lepiej gdyby twórcy poświęcili trochę więcej czasu przy tej grze. Brakuje tu trybów multiplayerowych, ogólnie więcej trybów, bardziej rozbudowanych osiągnięć czy kampanii. Myślę też że twórcy mogliby zamienić jednego, dwóch graczy ze stoły na bardziej klimatycznych, no ale cóż, i tak jest dobrze. Moja ocena 8/10 Expand
  37. Aug 5, 2013
    Garbage, also does not use legit rules. Skip it, very annoying dialog ontop of that just find a simple poker game it'll be better. This game has alot of problems calling hands correctly, Glitches perhaps? Ive been using all sources for rules and i cannot find anything with rules like these... most card possibilitys are not on their "Cheat sheet" So i don't even know what planet this game is from.
  38. Jan 3, 2014
    Fun game, cool dialogue...but biggest problem is it doesn't work. Game crashes on startup 90% of time. I got to work a few times; but after buying, downloading, and RE downloading..and sending emails to support to steam and telltale, I expect it to work more than 4 or 5 times...even if on sale.; I finally got an email from Telltale 4 days later, but no resolution yet..AVOID.
  39. Feb 19, 2014
    Very pleasing poker game. With such great characters it's never boring. I wish there were more dialogues though as it can become a bit repetitive if you try to get all the achievements. Apart from that it's funny, funny and once again funny.

1. Jul 2, 2013
    Opponents know how to bluff, they lure the player into ‘traps’ and despite humorous presentation things at the table can get tense. [CD-Action 08/2013, p.81]
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    It's certainly fun while it lasts. [Issue#136, p.113]
  3. May 27, 2013
    Poker Night 2 is exactly the experience you'd expect if you played the first episode. There's a nice selection of characters and lots of dialogue to keep you amused.