6.9

1. Apr 27, 2013
    This isn't a professional poker game with professional AI, that needs to be understood going in.

What this is, is a poker game with these characters and it performs exceptionally well in that regard having said that the tells and bluffing of my ai companions have definitely improved. Unlocking each characters unique item is now based on a set of achievements randomized at the outset

Unlocking each characters unique item is now based on a set of achievements randomized at the outset and the unlocks...unlock additional dialogue pieces and change the appearance of the game dramatically.

Does playing poker with this line up appeal to you? then buy it. for the low price there's easily enough bang for your buck here.
  2. Apr 26, 2013
    Everything you would want in a sequel. Although I am going to miss playing the first lineup, the second lineup is just as entertaining. Unfortunately for me, I am not a fan any of the Characters except for GLaDOS, but it hasn't stopped me from liking this game.
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    A great sequel. If you played the first game, the second is better. If you didn't play the first but can get into video poker and video game cultural references, it's a decent buy I'd buy this over the first one if you only get one. I'm a fan of Venture Bros, Evil Dead, Portal, and most recently, Borderlands so most of the characters were geared in my favor to begin with (it might notA great sequel. If you played the first game, the second is better. If you didn't play the first but can get into video poker and video game cultural references, it's a decent buy I'd buy this over the first one if you only get one. I'm a fan of Venture Bros, Evil Dead, Portal, and most recently, Borderlands so most of the characters were geared in my favor to begin with (it might not be as much fun for you if you're not familiar with any of the games/movies/TV shows involved). It's a great line-up of characters overall and is just frustrating enough to keep you wanting revenge rather than quitting.

If you play smart and don't get yourself in a big hole early, you can usually power play your opponents by setting big bets causing them to fold or go all-in. As one of the other reviewers mentioned, it seems at times that the hand recognition system picks a screwy hand but these instances don't happen frequently enough to knock it.

Overall, it's a fun little card game that helps teach you a little about poker and helps you build your confidence before you go lose money/beer/sexual favors to your friends on poker night.
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    Do you like Hold em? Do you play borderlands2 or team fortress? Then have I got a fresh NEW Game for you. At 5$ wow its well worth the price, for a really FUN card game.
  5. Apr 27, 2013
    This game is even steeper first chasti.bolshe modes of 2.Zaochki can buy various backgrounds and more drugoe.Omaha Hold'em and this is the first kruto.Eto steeper chasti.Tut can win items for TF2 and borderlends 2.A I have made ​​a pre-order and I was given the first part and there identity as cool. Only here for more vozmozhnostey.Luchshy poker all the time of my life!
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    Fun little time waster, especially for a lousy 5 bucks. Characters are true to their form and some clever writing involved. Not a serious poker game doesn't take long to figure out player tendencies, but still plenty entertaining. For the ridiculously low price, I don't think you can go wrong for a casual game like this.
  7. Jul 7, 2013
    Poker Night 2 for the PC is a LOT better than the poorly ported Xbox version. As it turns out, there was a lot of dialogue and movements that the characters did that was cut out from the Xbox port. I'm not sure whether or not that is the same for the PS3 version of the game, and i'm not entirely sure why they made the decision to do that. Either way, there is more dialogue and a lot lessPoker Night 2 for the PC is a LOT better than the poorly ported Xbox version. As it turns out, there was a lot of dialogue and movements that the characters did that was cut out from the Xbox port. I'm not sure whether or not that is the same for the PS3 version of the game, and i'm not entirely sure why they made the decision to do that. Either way, there is more dialogue and a lot less bugs with this version. So obviously, get this version if you plan on getting it. Expand
  8. Apr 30, 2013
    First of all, I loved the first one. I love poker and this game is really good for me when I don't have the opportunity to play with my friends. The second one is a perfect sequel. Characters are slightly more friendly, which is a good point in my opinion, and I love the unlockables, not only for other games, but for this one too. I hope they'll add more in-game unlockables for the futureFirst of all, I loved the first one. I love poker and this game is really good for me when I don't have the opportunity to play with my friends. The second one is a perfect sequel. Characters are slightly more friendly, which is a good point in my opinion, and I love the unlockables, not only for other games, but for this one too. I hope they'll add more in-game unlockables for the future games. Overall, this game is really good. If you're not searching for online poker but you still want to play Texas Hold'Em or Omaha. This time, there's Borderlands 2 gear and once again TF2 items to win. I might start a new game of B2 just for that. Expand
  9. Apr 29, 2013
    Surprisingly after about the 6th hour of gameplay they run out of original comedy. For $5, 5-6 hours is definitely worth it.

Pro: Comedy & tons of it for $5. Claptrap & GLADDOS are HILARIOUS!!!! Con: The only beef with the game is that for a PC game you have a number-pad to change your bet would it been that hard to program this?!?! Telltale Game please make a sequel to this game

Pro: Comedy & tons of it for $5. Claptrap & GLADDOS are HILARIOUS!!!!

Telltale Game please make a sequel to this game for similar pricing.
  10. Apr 28, 2013
    It is definitely one of the better poker games out there. If you liked the first game then you will love this one, everything has been improved. There is a new mode (Omaha Hold 'Em), more dialogue, new characters from well known series like Borderlands 2, Portal, and The Evil Dead series. And if that wasn't incentive enough to play the game, you can also unlock items in Team Fortress 2 andIt is definitely one of the better poker games out there. If you liked the first game then you will love this one, everything has been improved. There is a new mode (Omaha Hold 'Em), more dialogue, new characters from well known series like Borderlands 2, Portal, and The Evil Dead series. And if that wasn't incentive enough to play the game, you can also unlock items in Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2 for your characters.

The overall gameplay is well done, but with some problems. For instance a character can do a certain 'tell' one match to show that he has a bad hand, but the next time he may have a good hand even though he did the same 'tell'. The dialogue can also get repetitive at times, not as fast as the previous game but I noticed after 3 4 hours I started to get a little tired of a few of the lines, most of which aren't skippable.

The game is a good poker game, especially for 5 dollars. Is it perfect? No, there are some problems but overall it's worth the price.
  11. Apr 29, 2013
    A much improved sequel creates a playable, fun game and cheap game.
    A much improved sequel creates a playable, fun game and cheap game.
    The Original Poker Night was almost unplayable due to the absurd AI betting behaviour. This has been significantly improved. However, with a $20,000 buy-in and a big blind starting at $800 and rising fast its very fast paced, I would have liked to the option to start at a much lower BB, but then they would need a different AI behaviour set. These guys actually behave (kinda) rational given that you start on only 25 BB’s and will find yourself on less than 10 within 5-10 minutes. That said they were clearly shooting for a game that took about 10-15 minutes to play at most, and have delivered.

Looking beyond the Poker itself the game is lively, funny, and just well designed. I think you get a lot for your £4. And while its more of a mini-game to be played in the occasional short bust rather than over and over for hours, where the repeated dialogue would strain; I have to say I’m very impressed.

Knowing how to rate this game is tricky. If I’m comparing it against the whole gaming universe it’s a 6 out of 10, If you compare it to other £4 games it’s 10 out of 10. So I’m going with 8. I suggest you buy it, play a game or two a day when you have a spare 20 minutes and it will be a very worth addition to your steam account.
  12. May 7, 2013
    Many quotes get repetitive but as an Indie game for just 5 bucks you get a lot of stuff. 5 awesome TF2 items, game customization, funny easter eggish moments and quotes, really good synchronization and great characters. The poker system is fair and makes fun and the atmosphere and music is great. The graphics could be better, but they are stylistic and fit perfect for the game. For it´sMany quotes get repetitive but as an Indie game for just 5 bucks you get a lot of stuff. 5 awesome TF2 items, game customization, funny easter eggish moments and quotes, really good synchronization and great characters. The poker system is fair and makes fun and the atmosphere and music is great. The graphics could be better, but they are stylistic and fit perfect for the game. For it´s Genre, it´s a solid game and definetly worth its money. Buy it or die. Expand
  13. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is hilarious! The dialogues are really funny and creative (all though they do get old after 10 minutes) and the gameplay is what it should be, a poker game. This is one of those games that don't focus on the gameplay and rather goes ''All In'' with clever jokes and characters interaction. The cast is great, I think that Claptrap is kinda annoying at times but the rest isThis game is hilarious! The dialogues are really funny and creative (all though they do get old after 10 minutes) and the gameplay is what it should be, a poker game. This is one of those games that don't focus on the gameplay and rather goes ''All In'' with clever jokes and characters interaction. The cast is great, I think that Claptrap is kinda annoying at times but the rest is brilliant! The best pieces of dialogue in my opinion comes from Brock and GLaDOS. You also get items for Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2. And to top it all of, this game costs only 5 bucks! That's a STEAL! Expand
  14. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is AMAZING!
    I really want Poker Night 3, Poker Night 4, Poker Night 5...
    Buy it! Price is funny!
    Dialogs is fantastic, not all, but many
  15. Aug 2, 2013
    Kontynuacja jednego z najbardziej klimatycznych gier karcianych, wyszła naprawdę dobrze. Dawno się tak nie bawiłem grając w pokera. Twórcy dodali ogrom kwestii i postarali się żeby gracz mógł czuć się jak przy prawdziwym stole pokerowym, tylko z ...innymi "ludźmi".Jednak było by o wiele lepiej gdyby twórcy poświęcili trochę więcej czasu przy tej grze. Brakuje tu trybów multiplayerowych,Kontynuacja jednego z najbardziej klimatycznych gier karcianych, wyszła naprawdę dobrze. Dawno się tak nie bawiłem grając w pokera. Twórcy dodali ogrom kwestii i postarali się żeby gracz mógł czuć się jak przy prawdziwym stole pokerowym, tylko z ...innymi "ludźmi".Jednak było by o wiele lepiej gdyby twórcy poświęcili trochę więcej czasu przy tej grze. Brakuje tu trybów multiplayerowych, ogólnie więcej trybów, bardziej rozbudowanych osiągnięć czy kampanii. Myślę też że twórcy mogliby zamienić jednego, dwóch graczy ze stoły na bardziej klimatycznych, no ale cóż, i tak jest dobrze. Moja ocena 8/10 Expand
  16. Aug 9, 2013
    This game delivers way more than asks (8 bucks). It's a nice time killer. It's great to see our favorite characters out of their games and kinda interact with them,
  17. Feb 13, 2014
    Poker Night 2 improves on the original in almost every way. Almost...

Pros: - 7 hours of banter compared to maybe 2-3 hours in the original. And I was still hearing new lines up and beyond the 10 hour mark. This is more impressive when you consider the fact the original had nothing but generic one-liners where Poker Night 2 has the AI players interacting with each other using lengthy
    Poker Night 2 improves on the original in almost every way. Almost...

Pros:
    - 7 hours of banter compared to maybe 2-3 hours in the original. And I was still hearing new lines up and beyond the 10 hour mark. This is more impressive when you consider the fact the original had nothing but generic one-liners where Poker Night 2 has the AI players interacting with each other using lengthy story telling, which I found more interesting.

- Another variant, Omaha, was added to go along with Texas Hold'em.

- Some in-game enhancements. Most notably the display of percentages so you know what your odds of winning a hand are compared to the other players.

- If you enjoy unlocking TF2/Borderland items from actually playing poker than Poker Night 2 is a huge upgrade over the original's goofy purely coincidental fluke based unlocking system (if you just want to speed unlock items then I guess it could be considered a huge downgrade.) Here you complete 3 minor objectives and this will trigger an AI player to put his item into the pot. Win the tourney - win the item. Lose the tourney? No problem, the AI will keep ponying up an item every tourney thereafter until you win. No more having to spam restart the game to get the AI to throw in an item. And no more of the "knock this player out to unlock the item" bull---- that existed in the first that promoted anti-poker habits.

Cons:
    - Can no longer skip dialogue. WTF? In the first if you simply clicked the left mouse button you could skip dialogue to avoid the inevitable annoying repetitiveness. Here you are forced to listen to all the same stuff over and over and over again. And I'll tell you... that Claptrap is a talker. When he gets on one of his long tired acts for the fifteenth time you will want to hang yourself.

- I don't play Omaha much, but I swear a hand was bugged. Instead of the AI choosing two cards that should have given him a straight and a win. He instead chose two cards that gave him two pair causing him to lose. Don't take it as gospel, but there could be bugs present in this game mode. Meanwhile I have never encountered a bug in Texas Hold'em.

- There is still that suspicious AI behavior that existed in the first. Why would an AI player call your ALL-IN when he has a 5, 8 off-suit pre-flop? Then you proceed to watch cards come out that magically give the AI player a straight and the win. Oh I guess that's why. Extreme luck or is the AI cheating with premonition? I'll let you decide.
  18. Nov 11, 2014
    It's not for playing poker really. The interaction between the players and GLaDOS is superb. The music is excellent, the atmosphere is there. You'll have good time playing.
    Ah, and don't forget: don't be scared by the chips... don't be scared by the chips...

1. Jul 2, 2013
    Opponents know how to bluff, they lure the player into ‘traps’ and despite humorous presentation things at the table can get tense. [CD-Action 08/2013, p.81]
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    It's certainly fun while it lasts. [Issue#136, p.113]
  3. May 27, 2013
    Poker Night 2 is exactly the experience you'd expect if you played the first episode. There's a nice selection of characters and lots of dialogue to keep you amused.