5.8

1. May 6, 2012
    Game would have good review from me even its simpler than Port Royale 1-2 if not gamebreaking lack of town defense.Thats right you cant defend your own towns even you have HUGE own fleet insde ... tiny hostile fleet will go inside and just take it. This is the point i said (insert long line with random insults). Its not bug just game lack of mechanics to defend towns...I mean really did they release not beta but alpha game?? Expand
  2. May 23, 2012
    If you ever played Port Royale 2 (PR2), you will find the 3rd installment stripped most of the best parts of PR2 from PR3. Artifacts, sword fighting, special finds (steam powered sailing ship), loan sharks, character avatars, even the wealth of flags and the option to import your own flag, are all gone. You can't even defend towns you conquer, even with a huge fleet and crew in town. See Kalypso forum entry: http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=14838 There is not even a paper or down loadable map that comes with the US game version, only the German release. Kalypso rudely REFUSED to add one in their forum post, and basically told players to make their own. So many bugs! All of which could have easily been beta tester identified, and corrected prior to release. This game honestly feels like it is still in Alpha! Today's game developer mentality of Release Now, and then try to patch fix lazy programming is inexcusable and a Pre-order ripoff.

Keep the new graphics upgrades and give me More options, not Less than the last game in the series! Building wealth is so tedious, it hurts to play. Trade, Trade, Trade, Trade, small amounts for hours trying to acquire enough revenue to buy and outfit a fleet, that will end up half in ruins if you attempt to manually fight a sea battle. Mechanics are very poor. I was really looking forward to the PR3 release after reading so many deeply positive pre-reviews. This was one of the few times I have ever pre-ordered a game, and the taste of bile at wasting my money doesn't seem to be fading. Sad release Kalypso. Makes me sick.
  3. May 6, 2012
    Given how much time has gone by, you'd think this game would have been better than Pirates! It isn't. They dumbed down a lot of the gameplay. Boarding ships is nearly impossible. There is no defending towns. The economy seems to be really imbalanced. Overall I wouldn't bother. I was dissapointed. The graphics are nice.
  4. Dec 11, 2012
    I had always thought that increasing version number of games should brings to you more and more options. Sadly, Port Royale 3 is dumbed down to its knees. Everything I liked in PR2 is gone. And im sad because every new game follows this "fashion". Im going back to PR2 :(
  5. Jan 6, 2013
    Completely awful and unplayable. No matter what I did pirates kept attacking me and I could never get ahead. Pirates were way to strong, and only got stronger. Took what could have been a great game and ruined it. I want my money back.
  6. Aug 11, 2013
    a game with a very high learning curb, an once you get that you go through repetitive gameplay that consists of trading goods and engaging in combat that suffers from poor mechanics overall disappointment
  7. Nov 16, 2013
    I completely agree with Flastie

PR2 is a much better game ...only the graphich is weaker
    In pr 3 you can set al trade automaticly to
    collect your profit which is senseless Expand

1. Oct 25, 2012
    Port Royale 3 is not a bad game, not by any means, and I'd say on the whole it does a better job of things than Patrician IV did – it's still not fantastic though. Definitely one to pick up cheap if you can find it, but still worth picking up all the same.
  2. Oct 12, 2012
    Port Royale 3 has a major flaw to bring everything at once, leaving after 7-8 hours of gaming on a repetitive scale and marked with a pattern of gameplay that's no longer able to offer real surprises.
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    With the goal of approaching the console market, Port Royale 3 has simplified too many of its mechanics, resulting in a step back in the strategy genre.