8.8

1. Mar 7, 2012
    Portal 2 is absolutely incredible from start to finish. There is nothing not to like about this game and it shows in every scene that ValvE has STILL GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO KICK ASS! (even thought they release a game like once a decade.)

At first your might think that they wonky robot that wakes you is a bad idea, but trust me he is awesome and everything fits PERFECTLY! (especially the potato, god I love that humor.)

I really want to say thank you to Valve and I did say thank you by buying this game for both my PS3 and on STEAM for a friend.

I did not want this experience to end, it was so much fun, especially by the time you get to the old aperture labs, and start hearing J.K. Simmons (Cave Johnson) with his unmatched, hilarious catch-22 wit. Cave johnson made this game for me!

This is the difference between a company like Valve (REAL GAMERS) and a company like EA (MONEY GRUBBING CORPORATE WHORES). Both can make an obscene amount of dough, but only one can get you off, Valve.

And now to rant - You see kids, EA hired Martin Sheen to voice act in ME2 and 3, because they are morons and don't know a damn thing about "atmosphere" EA did not re-hire the same guy who did the music from ME (big mistake). Martin Sheen is a very distinctive voice but it DOESN'T WORK, and the music from ME 2 and ME 3 is a complete re-hash of ME, but not nearly as complete as ME. There were more original and good tracks in ME than there were in ME2 and 3 combined. EA thinks that none of these things matter, that as long as the game box says "Mass Effect 3" you won't be able to tell the difference between it and a real BioWare game.

Valve is not like that. Portal 2 did not cut corners. The atmosphere is dripping with real, underground, inspired, artistic, and imaginative futuristic robot armageddon. The music and sound effects are not simply resampled from the first game and the voice acting is superb and perfectly matched to the game. And, its also a damn funny game. AND (big and here) IT IS FUN TO PLAY!

The mechanics are not boring, the puzzles are interesting, the game remains funny and fun and though provoking throughout the entire experience.

All I can say is that I loved this game and I am pre-ordering ANY game that ValvE does in house.

L4D = awesome
    HL2 = Awesome
    Portal = Awesome

I used to say, I wish every game was made by either Valve, Id, or Bethesda. I used to say that until Rage came out and Skyrim really did not innovate (skyrim was fun but it was not more than oblivion with better graphics in a different location. I put three hundred hours into Oblivion and I put 75 into Skyrim... it just was not innovative enough to retain my attention, been there done that in Oblivion).

Anyway, I'm rambling but the point is this. If you have not bought this game, buy it, end of story. I don't lie.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    This is one of the best games that I have ever played. The best is TF2, but Portal 2 has the best single player in any game I have ever played. It is challenging, funny, and engaging all at the same time. By the end, I had fallen in love with all of the new characters they introduced and never wanted the game to end. I actually shed a tear when it was over. I wish I could forget everythingThis is one of the best games that I have ever played. The best is TF2, but Portal 2 has the best single player in any game I have ever played. It is challenging, funny, and engaging all at the same time. By the end, I had fallen in love with all of the new characters they introduced and never wanted the game to end. I actually shed a tear when it was over. I wish I could forget everything about it so I could experience it all again. Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    Here it is, VALVe taking advantage over their attempts once again, and let me say how well they succeeded at it this time. Pretty well. Portal 2 is the sequel to their "test" that was simply an extra on the Orange Box bundle pack and that was even free on steam for several times.

This time, making it an official game, all their effort was put into it, taking the successful gimmick from the first game and enhancing it with additional features such as the repulsion/propulsion/conversiton gel, excursion funnel, faith plates and discouragement beams, filling it with a lot more pop culture than before, having more hilarious situations and now with an actual plot, this game is just steps away from being perfect.

The game takes place around 200 years after the first one, Chell was put into life support because of a mysterios worker (see lab rat comic for details) and after waking up, you're greeted to a new character which is by far the most important in the whole game, Wheatley. This british accented core takes you back to the aperture science building just so you can notice that everything is destroyed and the building is filled with plants and sorts of forests.

Even though it's using the source engine, the game has amazing graphics, showing that even source can be upgraded sometime without messing with anything else. Gameplay wise, it's pretty much the same from the last game, with the differences being the additional features presented in the game and the new layout of the test chambers. The soundtrack is simply incredible and it fits perfectly well with this game, being smooth in the background while you focus on solving the puzzles. All the voice acting in this game is perfect, the voice actors for Wheatley, GLaDOS and Cave were outstanding in their skill to do the voice of the characters and implement their personalities even more.

Great Co-op, great SP, great DLC, great game, great everything, WONDERFUL ENDING. Totally worth the money
  4. Nov 22, 2011
    What happening with me i'll gonna be crazy with the puzzles and glados e the little robot, is the best game that i play, side by sibe whith skyrim. portal 2 is the best thing of 2011 and the better game of all time, emotion times, execiting times, crazys times with the puzzles is the fanstastic adventure i recommendy for everryone!
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    till like couple years back i was a "fancy games" gamer ... you know by fancy i mean any game that looked good and had a lot of action even if it was mindless. i took video games as a form of entertainment. but today i know and have felt very well that gaming is an unique art which actually is a beautiful amalgamation of many arts... a kind in which not only one art works well buttill like couple years back i was a "fancy games" gamer ... you know by fancy i mean any game that looked good and had a lot of action even if it was mindless. i took video games as a form of entertainment. but today i know and have felt very well that gaming is an unique art which actually is a beautiful amalgamation of many arts... a kind in which not only one art works well but everything goes together to bring in front of you a masterpiece. every masterpiece (if it's a masterpiece) is different from the others. i know not every game hits that spot but when they do they absorb you. PORTAL 2 is one of them. i actually was not sure if i'd enjoy this game cause when the last time i played portal 1, i was like "eh?! if i wanna solve puzzles i'll get a dedicated puzzle game" which don't interest me to be honest. so i admit i downloaded a pirated copy of this game to see if i could enjoy it or not. i mean ign, gamespot, whatnot etc. have been raving about this game giving it full or almost full. so even after downloading i didn't play it. when i finished playing a lot of other big title which actually didn't satisfy and met my expectations, then i thought let's try it out. and here my review goes:
    AUDIO- 10.0- i know i'm giving it too much to be true but when you'll play this game and if you agree with my view on "GAMING AS AN ART", you'll find that the audio totally supports the game's style and direction. i mean there are very few sound elements in this game that you can compare to their authentic real counter-parts which have been done well but the other elements are totally pure and beautiful imagination of the guys who are part of the sound department in this game. whether its music or the turret robots who are so cleanly showing they're "camouflaging" their "intentions" of hurting you, everything is just unique and perfect. the nature of ridicule & patronizing in their remarks were effortlessly working to irritate me so that my desperation to get rid of them is only catalyzed further like you wanna get rid of a bully who keeps annoying you or irritating you for no reason. YEAH so coming to the dialogues now. GLADdos was voiced in such a humane manner that you definitely could feel the conflict that's present subtly in her remarks. and the same goes for wheatly who was a typical example of the fact "you only get to know someone when you hand them the power." these characters despite being robots were only and actually characterizing humans in someway or other who, you can imagine, created them. that great the audio overall is.
    GRAPHICS- 8.0- this is for sure that this game was never meant to boast about it's graphics but it's art direction and visual quality is such that you are easily able to feel that you're a part of this game.. it's world (which actually is only a very gigantic lab) although it doesn't come close to anything that possibly can happen or exist in reality.
    GAMPLAY and STORY- 10.0- before i start for this, please note i took two categories together because this game calls for it. the gameplay is a part of the story. level design and the puzzles are just nothing short of awe and amazement. the mechanics involved in the game were the simplest i've come across since a long time. you only need to move, jump, crouch and shoot your portal gun. the devs did this with the purpose that i believe was so you don't have to keep track of your reflexes all the time (like generally you've to in today's FPS games) and you can easily concentrate on the puzzles using your highly intellectual, logical brain. (yes even i didn't know that i just wasn't a precise-key-hitting-at-the-right-moment-adrenaline-junky but also had a mind and a brain that worked for higher purposes of life.) but everytime it was the persistence and the actions of our silent character Chell that played one of the key elements in the story. And with that it was GLADdos and wheatley's reactions everytime that were complimentary to the story-telling. now to the story, usually some games, especially RPGs, are known to have protagonists that are morally or socially "clean-slate" for you to forge your own character. Well in portal 2, you've a morally, conclusively "clean-slate" story. At the end of the game you'll feel something about the characters, situations...etc. overall story that i think will be different for someone else's and which is something i don't have words for because that's how this game becomes so personal to you. (P.S.- don't compare your feelings or conclusions of this game to someone else's because Valve made this game for you and not someone else.)
    So after experiencing something like this game which not only satisfied me but also touched me to the core of my heart and gave me a reason to be proud of being a gamer, I knew this game is a must buy because again it was definitely made for me.
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    in one word this is game of the year great game in all areas voices graphic game play funny story and voices and we can't forget multiplier is very good and something new this is a fantastic game
  7. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game! The game let you play with runing and thinking. It gave us an new way to play FPS game witch is very exciting. The story is also pretty good. Valve never disappoints us.
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    I really loved this game. It has great puzzles and the story was really well put together. I personally thought Wheatly was awesome lol. I highly recommend this game if you like solving puzzles and are looking for an interesting story while you play your games. I can see how this game may not be for everyone but I think that if you give this game a chance then you will come to really enjoy it.
  9. Oct 3, 2012
    A really nice sequel to Portal. Much better graphics and gameplay. Valve took the brilliance of Portal and turned it into a full-blown title. Unlike Portal 1, where you could spawn NPCs and weapons from Halflife 2 using the command console, Portal 2 is using the newer source engine.

The graphics are brilliant, the shading and physics were things that attracted me to get this. Good

Good game, worth it definetely!
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    Since MetaCritic only allows short reviews, I will keep this short and sweet. Portal 2 is an amazing game. Breakdown:

Gameplay: 10/10. Awesome and challenging puzzles.
    Story: 7.5/10. It is funny and has awesome plot twists, but it really isn't deep at all.
    Graphics: 9/10. Great graphics and low system requirements.
    Sound: 10/10. Pretty good sound, but AWESOME music.

Overall: 9.3/10
  11. May 11, 2012
    Portal 2, Game of the Year, and a must purchase.
    Portal 2, Game of the Year, and a must purchase.
    I find it so frustrating to see people putting scores in the mixed and negative end of the spectrum for reasons such as not appreciating the humour, or finding the game not aimed at their demographic. While I understand all reviews are going to be somewhat subjective are people really that incapable of understanding that if a game has to be based on what everyone likes then we are just going to have games that are half decent at everything instead of amazing at just a few things?

How about recognising Portal 2's extension upon Portal's brilliance, how it took a game, so close to perfection and blew everyone's minds into oblivion when they developed a game that completely rewrote how perfection should be perceived. That is what the developers have done here. As a game enthusiast - but not a true gamer, I have great respect for a developer who develops behind the doors, responding little to the push and shove of corporate media and hungry investors, or the manipulative maneuvers of the gaming audience whom wish for nothing but a game designed just for them.

Portal 1 was the true baby of the developers at Valve, and Portal 2 is what happens when the baby grows up into a full game. A laundry list of intuitive and complex puzzles, a handful of interesting and engaging characters and possibly the most rewarding gameplay that I have experienced from a single player in my lengthy 20 year gaming career.

Completing each puzzle at first seems like a struggle, there is a moment where you think to yourself "How am I supposed to do this?" this is the moment where most games of today hold your hand unashamedly; deterring you from being intellectually challenged or even challenged at all. Not Portal 2, Portal 2 has a great set of tutorial levels at the start that provide story, structure and a learning curve that many developers could aspire to... copy. Not tiring for even the greatest of gamers these initial levels introduce the many facets of Portal gameplay for the new and experienced and get everyone ready for the challenges ahead. I never felt like I was drowning because of not being told about a certain aspect of a puzzle room - as each puzzle was cleverly marked with particular coloured panels that were capable of interacting with certain devices, such as your portal gun; however at the same time I was always challenged to work out how I could use the set of devices to complete a certain objective.

All of the above is as true of co-op as it is in single player, but co-op just takes the cake (and makes it a lie). The cooperative experience here is as refined as any you would find in any game that ever existed, a great length and a great many puzzles, the same tutorial level structure that you experience in the singleplayer but to get you comfortable with having 4 portals and 2 people involved in the puzzle - as well as challenging 2 minds at the same time.

If there is anything bad about this game, it's that some people unfortunately cannot see it's greatness.
  12. Nov 14, 2011
    Portal 2 delivers a great single player and probably the finest example of a fun puzzle co-op game to date.
    The source engine while is showing it's age is being pushed to it's very limits to provide some beautiful visuals and while the core gameplay mechanics remain very much true to the first game everything is expanded on and some great new physics features added providing entire newly scopes to the puzzles.
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best puzzle game money can buy. You are in an underground research facility at the mercy of a sadistic AI, whoâ Expand
  14. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is just perfect, the dialogue, history, soundtrack, graphics, everything on the right place, the ending is one of the best endings in game history, every person in the world must play this game.
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    When I first completed the single-player portion of Portal 2 I couldn't believe how short it was. Then I looked at my Steam play time and realised something; it wasn't that the game was short, it was just that I'd been enjoying it so much, and was trying to beat the tests as fast as possible to find out what happened next in the story, that when the end came, I just couldn't accept it. SoWhen I first completed the single-player portion of Portal 2 I couldn't believe how short it was. Then I looked at my Steam play time and realised something; it wasn't that the game was short, it was just that I'd been enjoying it so much, and was trying to beat the tests as fast as possible to find out what happened next in the story, that when the end came, I just couldn't accept it. So I did something that has probably only ever happened once or twice before; I immediately played the whole thing through again.
    Nobody crafts a game quite like Valve.
  16. Aug 9, 2012
    Portal 2 is an amazing successor to possibly one of the best games that were ever made in a unexpected genre. Portal 2 excels in all aspects that made the first game a success but brings it to a whole new level of quality and enjoyment. The puzzles, music and amazing gameplay will keep you hooked to your PC monitor, and if that is not enough the amazing character design and voice over workPortal 2 is an amazing successor to possibly one of the best games that were ever made in a unexpected genre. Portal 2 excels in all aspects that made the first game a success but brings it to a whole new level of quality and enjoyment. The puzzles, music and amazing gameplay will keep you hooked to your PC monitor, and if that is not enough the amazing character design and voice over work will make you coming back for more! Expand
  17. Feb 3, 2013
    Perfect gameplay, perfect dialogue, perfect art direction, perfect story, perfect music, perfect ending, perfect everything in a perfect game. 11 out of 10.
  18. Dec 28, 2011
    Quite simply, this is one of the best shooters and first person games ever made. There are so many clever ideas as well as the already brilliant portal gun. It's probably the biggest improvement seen in a sequel to its original ever. Everything is better than portal 1, more mechanics, more stellar voice acting (particularly from the hilarious Stephen Merchant as Wheatley) and a much deeperQuite simply, this is one of the best shooters and first person games ever made. There are so many clever ideas as well as the already brilliant portal gun. It's probably the biggest improvement seen in a sequel to its original ever. Everything is better than portal 1, more mechanics, more stellar voice acting (particularly from the hilarious Stephen Merchant as Wheatley) and a much deeper and interesting plot. The puzzles are complex yet always possible, making you feel like a science whizz at the end of each puzzle. The co-op is also a definate plus, one of the best co-op experiences available. Quite simply, this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  19. Dec 11, 2011
    This is one of the better games I have played. I have finished the multiplayer and single player. Most single player games can't hold my attention, and I move on to the multiplayer, but the story line was fantastic and I found myself laughing out loud at some of the story line comments as they were very funny. The maps were not super hard where you got frustrated. I think they walked aThis is one of the better games I have played. I have finished the multiplayer and single player. Most single player games can't hold my attention, and I move on to the multiplayer, but the story line was fantastic and I found myself laughing out loud at some of the story line comments as they were very funny. The maps were not super hard where you got frustrated. I think they walked a fine line to make the maps fun without being super hard to figure out. I would recommend this game to my friends. Expand
  20. Nov 23, 2011
    Now that the year of gaming has come to an end Portal is safe in it's spot as the best game of 2011. Despite a lot of good games released nothing came close. Not just GOTY but GOTD (D=decade).
  21. Feb 20, 2012
    After playing the original, this felt kind of redundant. They didn't really introduce much new stuff - the 1st Portal was throwing new ideas on solving puzzles at you all the time, but I think they ran out. I guess you can only do so much with portals. The gel was kind of a neat idea and did serve for some slightly creative thinking - but the experience felt a little too tightened, andAfter playing the original, this felt kind of redundant. They didn't really introduce much new stuff - the 1st Portal was throwing new ideas on solving puzzles at you all the time, but I think they ran out. I guess you can only do so much with portals. The gel was kind of a neat idea and did serve for some slightly creative thinking - but the experience felt a little too tightened, and never did I find myself stumped or challenged on any of the puzzles. Most of them were at most .. tedious. Pretty cool game overall. I enjoyed the commentary from Cave Johnson, the mix of humor and the new music was VERY nice. It was fun solving puzzles with my friend, and especially fun throwing him into pits, crushing him, and killing him in every other imaginable manner possible. Ohhh the joy of backstabbing.. dirty blue robot. Expand
  22. Dec 20, 2011
    Portal 2 tries to bring back the fun of the original, but falls a little short. While portal 2 is fun, it seems to be lacking something from the original. Some of the puzzles made me wonder what the developers were thinking at the time. Portal 2 is a fun game, so if you catch it on sale pick it up.
  23. Jan 24, 2014
    Just great. I cant say nothing more, you must try it. Game world and plot forces you to beat game in one night. You can not resist - your butt will stuck to chair until final second of credits.
  24. Dec 19, 2011
    Good story and great humour and personality, really enjoyable from start to finish. It's quite short, but it's not a full price game so that's okay I guess.

If I had to find a flaw it's that the puzzles could have used a little more variety; there's quite a lot of repetition involved and many of the puzzles just involve using the same handful of tactics in a different combination of ways. As a result the puzzles are kind of easy except for the first couple of times you encounter a new environmental feature and have to figure out how to utilize it. Nitpicking aside though this is a fantastic game and there's nothing I can really say that others haven't already. Definitely worth it.
  25. Dec 4, 2011
    The best game i have ever played.Perfect story,excellent music and of course innovating gameplay,that was improved with new staff like gels,excursion tunnels and lasers.Valve did a really good job.
  26. Dec 6, 2011
    This is one of the most fun games that I have ever played. The down side of this Portal game, much like the 1st, is the lack of content. You will clear through all of the solo and multi-player content in a short amount of time. However, don't let the small time sink deter you from this game because you would be missing out on one of the best games ever created.
  27. Dec 26, 2011
    Its very challenging and really makes you think. Plus I like the lines in this game. I truthfully thought most of them were pretty funny. I like the story line and how the game starts you off pretty much in the same area as the first one but now seeing that everything is run down and broken and then after you escape, you run into a long forgotten and very old part of aperture labs which IIts very challenging and really makes you think. Plus I like the lines in this game. I truthfully thought most of them were pretty funny. I like the story line and how the game starts you off pretty much in the same area as the first one but now seeing that everything is run down and broken and then after you escape, you run into a long forgotten and very old part of aperture labs which I think is pretty cool! Some have complained about the graphics, I truly think the graphics are great and very detailed! But then again, I have a really good graphics card in my computer and that really makes all the difference in the world! (people should try upgrading their video cards before complaining about the graphics). Although I beat the game in 6-7 hours but thats because I've always been good at figuring things out. So thats no reason for me to leave a bad score like some on here have for that reason. Its not Valve's fault that some of us are just really good at this kind of stuff. The only reason I knocked a point off (again its not valves fault) is that its not too replayable because once you figure it out, you already know how to do it and its not quite as fun the next time around. But then again, thats strategy and puzzle type games for you. So even then it wouldnt be fair to give Valve a bad score for this. Thats just the way this type of game is, it doesnt matter who makes it!! Although lastly, I gotta say, it would have been nice if they added a few more advanced maps like the first one, that's the reason for knocking another point off. However its still overall a pretty good and a very well made game in my book!! Expand
  28. Dec 13, 2011
    This is NOT the best Valve game ever (that's Half-Life 2), but Portal 2 is still a DAMN GOOD GAME, pretty much brilliant I'd say. The levels are just challenging enough to make your brain really work but easy enough so that you don't get frustrated (with the exception of a couple of the later levels). The visuals aren't exactly ground-breaking but they're a HUGE improvement over the firstThis is NOT the best Valve game ever (that's Half-Life 2), but Portal 2 is still a DAMN GOOD GAME, pretty much brilliant I'd say. The levels are just challenging enough to make your brain really work but easy enough so that you don't get frustrated (with the exception of a couple of the later levels). The visuals aren't exactly ground-breaking but they're a HUGE improvement over the first Portal and they still look really good.
    Apart from the actual game play, the sound is where Portal 2 really hits the spot. Ellen McLain does a perfect job of voicing GLaDOS (the villain) and Stephen Merchant and J.K. Simmons are both very good in their roles as Wheatley and Cave Johnson. The music is mostly techno and changes pace and volume according to what you're doing in the game, and this just adds to the already well established atmosphere and feel of the game.
    Portal 2 is NOT a perfect game, but everything it has adds up to make an absolutely, positively brilliant one.
  29. Dec 14, 2011
    There is a reason that Portal 2 got nominated for the 2011 Game of the Year. With a compelling storyline and more varied puzzles, this is a fitting sequel to what is likely the greatest experimental game of all time (which, if you haven't tried already, you should really pick up). Portal 2 comes back full-force with the blend of humor and dark mystery that made the original Portal such aThere is a reason that Portal 2 got nominated for the 2011 Game of the Year. With a compelling storyline and more varied puzzles, this is a fitting sequel to what is likely the greatest experimental game of all time (which, if you haven't tried already, you should really pick up). Portal 2 comes back full-force with the blend of humor and dark mystery that made the original Portal such a success. The amount of voice work that they put into it is astonishing as well, for such a linear game. I found myself oftentimes in a situation where I had to complete some action, but would refuse to do so, if only to hear the hilarious comments that my counterpart or some other character would make. Portal 2 is best experienced through a slow playthrough. Rush through it and you'll never get the full experience. But when you're finally done with the awesome single player mode, hop on into co-op with a friend (no, not a stranger, a friend). It is an incredible addition to an already incredible game and adds a new dynamic to "thinking with portals". Those "Aha!" moments that you strike will hit you twice as hard when you're cooperatively solving GLaDOS' devious tests. As a final note, I would also like to remind those reading that the DLC, entitled Peer Review, included an entirely new course with about nine new tests that, amazingly enough, was all free of charge. Valve is a company that I will stick with until the very end, if only for their generosity. Expand
  30. Nov 15, 2013
    This game is great, but it does drag on a bit. At least in one-player mode. I must admit that I haven't played multiplayer, so I'm giving this game the benefit of the doubt. If i end up playing multi-player and it is fantastic and amazing, I'll come back and give it a '10'
  31. Dec 22, 2011
    The game builds onto the brilliant idea introduced in the first game, the portal gun, and finds new creative ways of using it. Instead of being as short as the original game, Portal 2 has about the same length as Half Life 2, and it is fun as hell along the whole way. An excellent game!
  32. Dec 21, 2011
    A really really good game, for me the best of 2011 ! I didn't like so much the first Portal, but this one is just... GREAT ! I loved the story, the new stuff, and of course the online mode ! The solo part is maybe too short, but I still giving this fabulous mark (I very rarely give).
  33. Dec 27, 2011
    This is a great game.Love the puzzles.Only thing concerning me that,it sometimes make me mad. :) The story is well based.Funny dialogues.Feels very good after every level.
  34. Jun 20, 2012
    I played the original Portal a few months after Portal 2 came out. I really enjoyed Valve's short experiment but I couldn't figure out how Valve would make a full game from a game I thought they couldn't expand on. However, I soon found that Valve, as usual exceeded my expectations. They didn't just make a full game out of a three hour experiment, but they made a puzzle game which neverI played the original Portal a few months after Portal 2 came out. I really enjoyed Valve's short experiment but I couldn't figure out how Valve would make a full game from a game I thought they couldn't expand on. However, I soon found that Valve, as usual exceeded my expectations. They didn't just make a full game out of a three hour experiment, but they made a puzzle game which never gets old with great co-op. The mindbending puzzles always provide a challenge, but are never frustrating. The stellar voice acting from Stephen Merchant as Wheatly was funny and it made me feel like I had an ally. I recommend this game to anyone, male or female, young or old Expand
  35. Dec 29, 2011
    This game is fun but once you do all the levels its kinda B O R I N G so im hoping they add like a random map genorator thing for single player and multiplayer so that no1 can tell u how to do things and u never get bored cuz u completed the game overall i did like it i did
  36. Dec 30, 2011
    The singular fun of the Portal series is the mischief value of a portal gun. You can use it because you're too lazy to run down a hall, you can use it to dump your enemies onto one another, you can bypass whole swaths of the map simply because you spotted a clean surface to work with. The curious thing is, while Portal 2 seems to want to bust you out of the chamber-to-chamber mode ofThe singular fun of the Portal series is the mischief value of a portal gun. You can use it because you're too lazy to run down a hall, you can use it to dump your enemies onto one another, you can bypass whole swaths of the map simply because you spotted a clean surface to work with. The curious thing is, while Portal 2 seems to want to bust you out of the chamber-to-chamber mode of thinking, the gameplay itself is often far more restrictive. There are times when the only portable surfaces are the ones critical to the solution, and that just takes the fun out of finding them. The gels alleviate this plight after a while, but, I still would have liked to see more flexibility. Even if it means I fall into space once in a while because I've chosen the wrong bit of the ceiling and wasn't thinking with both portals ;) Co-op mode was so much better, especially since we could juggle one another, fling one another into space, and generally cause incredible mayhem for one another when we felt rambunctious. We really had to work and think together, and that made this game brilliant. The free DLC made it even better, and I want tons more co-op missions for this game. The co-op story was a bit disappointing, but, the missions themselves more than made up for it. We can't get enough of Science! Expand
  37. Dec 30, 2011
    I loved this game it's even better than the first one. portal is defiantly my favorite game series and i hope valave makes portal 3. this game is amazing and the ending is awesome
  38. Dec 31, 2011
    I got this game from a friend, played it on my PC. as soon as I hit that "start" button, I was addicted. This is certinly one of VALVe's best games. I like the music for credits, in fact I have gotten an mp3 for it. I'm also glad it wasn't bloody, I hate when my sisters look over my shoulder and see all the blood and gore, besides it disgusts me too. And my final statement of this gameI got this game from a friend, played it on my PC. as soon as I hit that "start" button, I was addicted. This is certinly one of VALVe's best games. I like the music for credits, in fact I have gotten an mp3 for it. I'm also glad it wasn't bloody, I hate when my sisters look over my shoulder and see all the blood and gore, besides it disgusts me too. And my final statement of this game "It's what marks the new standard of what a TRUE game should be." Expand
  39. Jan 3, 2012
    As a game, it's epic. Truly amazing. But as a sequel to Portal, it's a letdown. Great voice acting, spot-on humor, linear, moderately challenging puzzles, plenty of cute and fun moments, and a climax that made me scream at my computer screen for... epicness? Whatever it was, it was awesome. But the story's fed to you in this one like a regular game, as opposed to Portal's moreAs a game, it's epic. Truly amazing. But as a sequel to Portal, it's a letdown. Great voice acting, spot-on humor, linear, moderately challenging puzzles, plenty of cute and fun moments, and a climax that made me scream at my computer screen for... epicness? Whatever it was, it was awesome. But the story's fed to you in this one like a regular game, as opposed to Portal's more easter-egg-like hints. The plot is seamless, but formulaic. The twists are easily predicted, but still excite when they happen. And Chell, whose name was never even mentioned in the first game, becomes less of an in-game projection of the player, but a bit of a character herself. Not to mention the sexying her up by the developers (not complaining too much, she still has a bit of a harsh face, which I'm quite glad for. But that still doesn't discourage all the fan wanks, but now I'm on a tangent). My review, however, is only on the single player. I'll leave others for the co-op mode. Expand
  40. Jan 4, 2012
    This game is amazing. I originally bought the PS3 version, but in the end I just played the free PC version that came with it. It has great graphics, incredible gameplay, a hilarious, creative and well thought out story with some of the best dialogue I've ever seen, and some of the most challenging puzzles I've ever played. Portal 2 is a complete package. It never felt like it went on forThis game is amazing. I originally bought the PS3 version, but in the end I just played the free PC version that came with it. It has great graphics, incredible gameplay, a hilarious, creative and well thought out story with some of the best dialogue I've ever seen, and some of the most challenging puzzles I've ever played. Portal 2 is a complete package. It never felt like it went on for too long, and I didn't want the game to go any longer at the end. It finished just at the right time. The puzzles progressively got more challenging as the game went on and eventually the game got quite hard. Portal 2 had the most likeable cast of characters I've ever seen in a video game with Wheatley stealing the show as a little robot who you meet at the start of the game. The Co-op is a lot of fun too and it works so well because you actually have to work together to succeed. Call of Duty survival this is not. Portal 2 is just incredible and an absolute must buy. Expand
  41. Jan 8, 2012
    Ok. This game rocks, i expected more because of its predecessor PORTAL , and i'd wish if were more complex in some puzzles.
    The coop part is just great =) The price was a bit high at the launch, but now u can get this for less than 20 dollars.
    (advice: go pick it up! now...!!!)
  42. Jan 10, 2012
    This game was incredible. Definitely the best 8 hours I've ever spent gaming. The story really holds you so tightly, there are moments where you laugh, where you are scared, sitting at the edge of your seat and when you stop breathing because you're so taken into the game. Everything is great from level design, to voice acting (which is simply stellar) to sound effects and visuals. YouThis game was incredible. Definitely the best 8 hours I've ever spent gaming. The story really holds you so tightly, there are moments where you laugh, where you are scared, sitting at the edge of your seat and when you stop breathing because you're so taken into the game. Everything is great from level design, to voice acting (which is simply stellar) to sound effects and visuals. You can't go wrong here, fantastic. 10/10 Expand
  43. Jul 6, 2012
    Again, Portal 2 brought me experience that was so uniquely fun. I enjoyed this game from the beginning to the end and I am looking forward to Portal 3. Praise, to their creativity.
  44. Jan 15, 2012
    Absolutely amazing, can't wait to try the recent additions to co-op. It would be nice if some advanced maps show up eventually like on portal 1. That would add a lot to this game.
  45. Feb 12, 2012
    While i am playing i'm delighted with the humor . I completed portal 1 and can say this sequel is better in every aspect. It's good to see that there are still adult , fun games that make use of brains out there and not just shooting stuff.
  46. Jan 18, 2012
    This is an awesome game, but it has it's own faults. It's got some nice brain-straining puzzles, but the lack of direction can mean an extreme amount of trial and error. Compared to the last game, Portal 2 seems a bit too long. The co-op is nice, but I would have liked to see a bit more customization options there. Still, a must buy if you don't already own it.
  47. Jan 24, 2012
    A masterpiece and eclipses the first by some margin. Do video games get any better than this? Perfectly polished in every respect. There is a surfeit of dross around in the games market these days. Cynical iterations of the same old formula pumped out with nothing more in mind than fleecing the drones who need another fix of the same old rubbish. It's not difficult to sense the sheerA masterpiece and eclipses the first by some margin. Do video games get any better than this? Perfectly polished in every respect. There is a surfeit of dross around in the games market these days. Cynical iterations of the same old formula pumped out with nothing more in mind than fleecing the drones who need another fix of the same old rubbish. It's not difficult to sense the sheer amount of effort, innovation and creativity that the Portal 2 team poured into this gem. Simply brilliant. Expand
  48. May 23, 2012
    Having never played the first Portal game, I played the first few levels of Portal 2 only for me to go back to the first Portal game and then finish Portal 2. I loved every step of the game and look forward to a possible Portal 3!
  49. May 12, 2012
    Portal 2 may be the most intresting game I've played, very, as anyone else said, innovating, but before getting it make sure you understand its a PUZZLE game. It has the same game mechanic as Half Life 2 and is even located in the same universe but sometimes I get the feeling the steam trying to sell it as a FPS which it is not- But if you put that aside, its a brilliant game with veryPortal 2 may be the most intresting game I've played, very, as anyone else said, innovating, but before getting it make sure you understand its a PUZZLE game. It has the same game mechanic as Half Life 2 and is even located in the same universe but sometimes I get the feeling the steam trying to sell it as a FPS which it is not- But if you put that aside, its a brilliant game with very nice puzzles, Just don't think you can play it twice or more, because the puzzles remain the same and even through the game offers "challenges" this is just a very cheap trick to make the game seem bigger then it is, because there is no point in the world to race in beating puzzles you have completed already. The Co-Op is brilliant, just make sure you make it with someone you know who haven't done it already, and like the single player don't bother re-playing puzzles unless your joy in the world is pretending the be smarter then you are by playing puzzles you know how to solve.

The best figure of the game in my opinion is the in-games joke. The characters of Cave Johnson, GLADOS, and whitley are brilliantly funny. The only reason to play the game again is to listen to jokes you've missed. Just watch the game teasers if you want to know what I am talking about.

I would have given this game 6 for being relatively short and unreplayable (Relatively to his price) but steam has finally added to the game what it should have had from the release- the Portal 2 workshop which pretty much solves the "I have dont with this game anything I could" Problem. The game is now being reinforced freely by everyone who wants to and the result is much more puzzles in any difficulty level you desire (Meaning Hard puzzles. No one admit wanting a easy one). Since every week new puzzles are added the game will now stay relevant as long as people imagination will, which makes me pretty optimistic. Shame the haven't done it from the start. But at least they added few jokes, which are like a very nice prize for completing a new puzzle.
  50. Feb 10, 2012
    Great game. Great humor/great void acting. Interesting look into the origins of the aperature. The levels aren't particularly difficult to figure out, but at least stumped me once or twice for 10 minutes or so, and they do have new little things to try beyond the portal gun from the first game. Even the length of the game is pretty good to be fun but not get too tedious. The onlyGreat game. Great humor/great void acting. Interesting look into the origins of the aperature. The levels aren't particularly difficult to figure out, but at least stumped me once or twice for 10 minutes or so, and they do have new little things to try beyond the portal gun from the first game. Even the length of the game is pretty good to be fun but not get too tedious. The only problem really is the PRICE vs the LENGTH. I bought the game on sale for like $5 on steam, so i have no problem. But at anything above $10 it's just not a good value for your money. The game on average takes people 8-12 hours. In my opinon any game that costs you anything more than $1 per hour of entertainment is just not a great value when there are plenty of titles that will. Expand
  51. Feb 21, 2012
    I was very desappointed by the end of the game. Of course, the art direction is good, the puzzles are very clever made and the voice acting wont disappoint either, but it gets too bored, vey linear and repetitive, also it has a very small cast, so by the you get to the end, you will pratically want them to shut up.
  52. Mar 23, 2012
    the game is amazing. the ending blew me away. the graphics are awesome! i dont know why people are bashing the graphics, when it looks amazing. the gameplay is something to behold, and something..... original. something that some games these days are lacking.
  53. Feb 27, 2012
    Very good game.
    But it lacks some spirit from 1st Portal (just one small piece).
    Sarcastic, good looking and sounding.
    I love you, GLADOS! (thats why i kill you)
  54. Dec 11, 2012
    More puzzles, a new hilarious sidekick and more background story surrounding the enigmatic Aperture Science? It seems impossible but Portal 2 is harder, better, faster and stronger (to borrow a line from Daft Punk) than the original.
  55. Mar 6, 2012
    If you read my Portal 2 review (highly doubt it, but recommend it), I complained about the cussing, the endless, no reason, cussing (only a couple times, but still). It continues! Love the game! Love the concept! hate the cussing! No this time glados get's even harsher, this one is even harder to recommend because of multi-player! Com-chatting online anything can happen. So I was sad aboutIf you read my Portal 2 review (highly doubt it, but recommend it), I complained about the cussing, the endless, no reason, cussing (only a couple times, but still). It continues! Love the game! Love the concept! hate the cussing! No this time glados get's even harsher, this one is even harder to recommend because of multi-player! Com-chatting online anything can happen. So I was sad about that part, but I still love it! play it a lot, and want to get a space suit next time! Expand
  56. Mar 10, 2012
    From a free game meant to test players reaction to a full sequel that ended up as one of the best, original and inovative games ever made: this is Portal (2)! I wouldn't go as far as naming it the best game made by Valve, but i would put these two together next to the first Half-Life anytime. Story and voice acting at their best, no cheesy moment, and emotionally engaging (especially atFrom a free game meant to test players reaction to a full sequel that ended up as one of the best, original and inovative games ever made: this is Portal (2)! I wouldn't go as far as naming it the best game made by Valve, but i would put these two together next to the first Half-Life anytime. Story and voice acting at their best, no cheesy moment, and emotionally engaging (especially at the end), this game was destined to become a cult game from the start. Expand
  57. Apr 9, 2012
    This was a great edition to the epic adventure that the first game created. It brings a follow on story that got me playing right to the end I was completely addicted. Also the addition of a Multiplayer gave a whole new scene of worth to the game. If you got the PC version brings a great new library of amazing custom maps. Valve realized that to get some longevity to the game they wouldThis was a great edition to the epic adventure that the first game created. It brings a follow on story that got me playing right to the end I was completely addicted. Also the addition of a Multiplayer gave a whole new scene of worth to the game. If you got the PC version brings a great new library of amazing custom maps. Valve realized that to get some longevity to the game they would need some support and support the game they did. I do give this game a high rating but again it's more of the same it's amazing but it should end where it is, beating a dead horse comes to mind for this game if it where to continue so well done Valve and keep innovating. Do I recommend this game yes but once again get it on the console so you will have a chance to return it if it doesn't meet your fancy. However it's much better on the PC with custom maps adding extra hours to the game. Expand
  58. Mar 13, 2012
    The thing that really separates Valve from other studios is that they have no time or resource constraints. Much like when artists are creating masterpieces, Valve has the absolute freedom to take as much time as it wants, and do whatever it wants with the game it's developing. Although other studios like Bethesda and Blizzard are pretty close to Valve in their approach to development,The thing that really separates Valve from other studios is that they have no time or resource constraints. Much like when artists are creating masterpieces, Valve has the absolute freedom to take as much time as it wants, and do whatever it wants with the game it's developing. Although other studios like Bethesda and Blizzard are pretty close to Valve in their approach to development, Valve games just have that extra something that pushes them past those two studios. It's a mix of absolutely flawless execution, immaculate scriptwriting, and sophistication of concepts. The close integration of these three factors in Valve games reminds me a lot of Apple and its products. Except in terms of what values they stand for, Valve is the polar opposite of the greedy Apple Inc. It just can't get any better. Now, going into a little more detail, the story of Portal 2 was actually a slight disappointment for me, as it just didn't have that subtle genius we saw in half life 2 or portal 1. It seemed A) little dumbed down for the console crowd (unlikely) OR B) somewhat hastily put together because of Valve's shuffling story ideas around before they got set on a definite path (They scrapped the original Portal 2 a year into its development I believe, and started over to make the current version). But besides that, the gameplay, map design, voicework, and set pieces -everything else, basically- is pure genius. It's just so damned creative that it boggles your mind. I give this game a 9.5 but unfortunately metacritic does not allow decimal scores, so I give it a 10, because it's definitely not a 9 point game as some would have you believe. There's really nothing else for me to say other than that you really need to play this game. It's one of the experiences that will define gaming history forever. Expand
  59. Mar 13, 2012
    Great game. Perhaps one of the best in 2011. Great voice, decent graphics and good storyline. So cool. By the way, be sure to check titles. I would also like to note co-op mode. It became decisive in the choice of purchase.
  60. Mar 21, 2012
    whats good about this game its original its challenging and very dynamic also has great humor one of the best valve games yet oh and only 9.99 at steam :D
  61. Aug 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Valve have done it again. It seems games that are their #1's improve when they reach #2, if only we got number 3's (Half-Life). Portal 2 takes place a good few years after Portal. Chell awakes in the dilapidated ruins of Aperture Science and is companied by a personality core named Wheatley (expertly voiced by Stephen Merchant). However things take a turn for the worst when you accidentally awake GLaDOS. After a confrontation you replace GLaDOS with Wheatley and then things get worse. You, now trapped in the ruins of Aperture Science of the 50's up till those seen in the previous game must escape with the help of GLaDOS and uncover the dark secrets to both her and Apertures past in order to defeat the power crazy Wheatley. The game looks much better than the original and now boasts a 12 hour campaign instead of a 90 minute one. It plays largely the same but includes some new components and lots of fresh ideas that keep the fun going. Expand
  62. May 22, 2012
    Simply the best game i played this year. Cool gameplay, mind blown, great storyline... everything is awesome except the truth that the story mode ends really fast, but since it have co-op mode, well who cares about how short the story is?! the main fun in this game is solving puzzles, with incredible portal gun, and you can enjoy it together with your dearest friend, and even you can makeSimply the best game i played this year. Cool gameplay, mind blown, great storyline... everything is awesome except the truth that the story mode ends really fast, but since it have co-op mode, well who cares about how short the story is?! the main fun in this game is solving puzzles, with incredible portal gun, and you can enjoy it together with your dearest friend, and even you can make the hardest puzzles yourself and let people try it. So what do you think? do i have to put lesser score just because it have short story line?? HELL NO! Expand
  63. May 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is really just ONE thing, thats not awesome about this game. Spoiler: you die when you fall off the track. Whats the purpose of long-fall-boots again? just save you when its good with the progress? But then on the other hand: deep holes might also include spikes. and you are not save from them. Besides that: falling of the track is not the common way to die in Portal2. That would be shot through (adorable) turrets. Or get grilled by lasers. Falling of is just... stupid. It really doesn´t happen if you just take a little bit attention. And the rest of the game is just... perfect. Expand
  64. Jun 8, 2012
    There are few games that come around like Portal 2. A genius mechanic comes to an amazing mind, and is used the best ways one could. The people at Valve have created a game that topped any game I have ever played before in my entire life. The writing, graphics, gameplay, story, presentation, voice acting, lasting appeal and replay value; Portal 2 is a gem. A priceless gem. I just want toThere are few games that come around like Portal 2. A genius mechanic comes to an amazing mind, and is used the best ways one could. The people at Valve have created a game that topped any game I have ever played before in my entire life. The writing, graphics, gameplay, story, presentation, voice acting, lasting appeal and replay value; Portal 2 is a gem. A priceless gem. I just want to get this out there. We've all thought up of the idea of Portal befrore. Don't try to hide it. We've seen it on TV, thought about and made it funny when we were in 2nd grade, and it HAS been seen on shows like Looney Toons and Ed, Edd, n' Eddy. But none of us had put the concept into action. So when Valve did some observing, it hit them, and they created one of the greatest games ever made. Valve knows how to make a sequel. Other game deveelopers just decide to take the formula, and slap it onto the next game. But Portal does more than that. They added a beeter story, prettier graphics, and even made it funny. Valve knows how to make us feel good. They added Wheatley, one of the greatest characters ever to be apart of a video game. He is voiced excellently by british funny man Stephen Merchant, and I can't get enough of him. Sure, GLaDOS has some lines too, but Whetaley ultimatley steals the show. The classic portal gun is back, but 3 new mecahanics freshen up the experience. This time, there are 3 different gels to mess around with and help you finish the test chamber. The blue gell makes you bounce, the orange gell makes you speedy so you can fly off rails, and white gell allows you to shoot portals on previously portal resistant sufaces. Top that with excellent design an amazing difficulty curve and countless suprises in the chambers, you can't help but admire the beauty in it all. Since the events of Portal 1, aoerture science has been abandoned for decades, and there are a lot of green plants growing everywhere. GLaDOS will be moving panels, and tryong to clean the place up, and what she will do to try and kill you is unpredictable. You will not only hear GLaDOS and Wheatley throughout though. Even the narrator in aperture has things to say to you. The narrator is not always the same voice. I could be some one random, or it could be Cave Johnson, the founder of aperture himself. The variety is quit welcome. The puzzels themselves can have you thinking a lot. It's not trail and error here. It might look real hard at first, but yoiu'll never feel left behind because the difficulty increases at a steady rate throughout. The single player campagin can last about 5-7 hours, depending weather or not you rush. Then there's Co-Op. If you're friend is a socially stubborn douche, nothing will work out here. If someone just decides to stand in the corner and do nothing after an argument, you can't do anything. You HAVE to get along with your partner. It will take you thinking, team-work and trust to get through each chamber, and while it might stress you out sometimes, as the difficulty is tuned up, it is just as great as the campagin. Speaking of goin g through test chambers, that's the game's one problem. The loading screens pop up after every test chamber, change of enviorment and somtimes cutscene. They aren't too long, but they pop up frquenly, especially in the begining. But that won't stop Portal 2 from being one of the best games I've ever played in my entire life. It is so inventive and genius, you'll think about it for days. I don't understand why you're still reading this review. Go out and but Portal 2 NOW!!! You won't regret it. Expand
  65. Jun 6, 2012
    An Instant classic!
    Why you no have this game?!
    An Instant classic!
    Why you no have this game?!
    Have not played the single player but if it is at lest as good as the Co-Op it will be epic beyond all words. Get one of your friends and rock this Co-Op because if you do not your going to miss out on some high quality gaming goodness. IMPORTANT: This game is not a clone of anything. It is something truly original. Really original games are a rare thing today.

This requires critical thinking, true cooperation, problem solving and not only do you feel like you have learned something (Something rare in games as of late) but also you do not feel like you are over your head. This is mainly due to the clever uses of humor at just the right times. Also has something that you might not expect for a game like this....a plot that is well thought out. Not only in the Co-Op but also the single player game as well. Both the Single player and Co-Op have their own separate storylines so in short you have two games in one....kind of.

My point is BUY THIS GAME, it is worth your time and money.
    It is better over the first Portal.

Go get it now.
  66. Apr 15, 2012
    Adds some cool new elements to portal and many new possibilities through the new coop mode. But the maps are way too easy compared to the first part. Nevertheless a must have!
  67. Feb 25, 2015
    Imagine taking one of the best games ever made, and making it 3x as good. That is what they did with Portal 2. Portal 2 does everything Portal did right, and then some. I mean look at it, its the highest rated game on Steam!
  68. peb
    Apr 18, 2012
    I'm bothered by people who say this game is not as good as the first due to "lack of cake" or new characters. The reason why this game is at least as good as the first is that it takes enough from the previous universe without running those old memes into the ground (i.e. cake) and expands it credibly without overstretching. I'm not a fan of humorous sidekicks in games but to me WheatleyI'm bothered by people who say this game is not as good as the first due to "lack of cake" or new characters. The reason why this game is at least as good as the first is that it takes enough from the previous universe without running those old memes into the ground (i.e. cake) and expands it credibly without overstretching. I'm not a fan of humorous sidekicks in games but to me Wheatley is undoubtedly the funniest sidekick ever. Yes, ever. The universe created here is outrageous but also rich with detail that the 1st game wasn't long enough to satisfy. This was by far the best game in 2011 and is up there with another Valve classic, Half-Life 2, as the best game they've ever done. Expand
  69. Apr 22, 2012
    I've never been a puzzle games fun but i can say i regretted not buying it sooner, anyway as the previous Portal this game will reveal a lot of secrets hidden inside Aperture, be ready to more puzzles then you imagine !
    Also you will enjoy the amazing storyline while doing science !
  70. Apr 25, 2012
    I didn't play the first Portal until early 2012, but it didn't take long to see that the Portal-games are of excellent quality.

The first game is great, but Portal 2 is a really polished version, with the best humor I've seen in a game all my life. The history is great, the puzzle are challenging - but not too challenging.

10/10 from me!
  71. May 4, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. The only issue I have with it is that it lags on my computer. It seems you need a really good computer to play this game. But thats Valve games for you.
  72. May 9, 2012
    Portal 2 is simply the best game of the Valve, and It's the best game I ever player. It is clever, funny and a masterpiece. Following the story of the previous game, It haves even better plot than the first Portal game. And the original technology of Aperture Science is even better with some new turrets and mechanics. It haves even the Co- op mode which is even better because of thePortal 2 is simply the best game of the Valve, and It's the best game I ever player. It is clever, funny and a masterpiece. Following the story of the previous game, It haves even better plot than the first Portal game. And the original technology of Aperture Science is even better with some new turrets and mechanics. It haves even the Co- op mode which is even better because of the teamwork, it makes the game more fun. Expand
  73. May 10, 2012
    For me is Portal 2 one of the best game ever. Intelligent, funny and when you play it with your friend in CO-OP mode, that's something unforgettable!
  74. May 10, 2012
    So good. The whole game I was chuckling at the silly narration. However, that silly talk and the two characters we listened to actually ended up really pulling me into the story. I only realized this when the game was almost over. Very well done to tell me a story and get me involved without me even knowing it. I am already replaying the game again, love the ending sequence.
  75. May 12, 2012
    Portal 2 is amazing. There's not really any other way to describe it. The people that are complaining that it sucks either: 1) Are retarded, 2) Mistakenly thought the this was Portal: The Flash Version, 3) Are addicted to FPS, or 4) Are retarded. The only real complaint I can come up with is... um... the.. well... you see... the loading screens come up to often! Yeah! I don't want to havePortal 2 is amazing. There's not really any other way to describe it. The people that are complaining that it sucks either: 1) Are retarded, 2) Mistakenly thought the this was Portal: The Flash Version, 3) Are addicted to FPS, or 4) Are retarded. The only real complaint I can come up with is... um... the.. well... you see... the loading screens come up to often! Yeah! I don't want to have to wait 7 seconds between each puzzle, I want to keep playing! Yeah... Seriously though, this game is the funniest, most addicting, interesting, thinking, game in the world. It runs smoothly too! My 3 year old laptop with an Intel graphics card and a Core 2 Duo ran this without a hitch, even if it was on minimum graphics mode. This is impressive because the graphics card crashes when I watch a YouTube video at 360p full screen. I'm not kidding. Especially since it's only $7 (at the time of this writing), there is no reason you shouldn't get it. Expand
  76. May 18, 2012
    I cannot describe how much fun i had while playing this game, to all of you out there wondering if you should buy this game or not, let me tell you this, simply put, one of the greatest games ever made, everything is EXCELLENT, the sound, the story, the game play, the graphics, this is game is a MUST have.
  77. May 15, 2012
    A Great game with some of the best voice acting performances I have ever seen or heard. The only blemish on this game is the fairly useless co-op (perhaps they will allow people to build co-op levels?) and the game feeling like an extended edition of Portal 1 with the mid section of the game dragging the game down a bit. But still, an overall fantastic game. And with the map editor nowA Great game with some of the best voice acting performances I have ever seen or heard. The only blemish on this game is the fairly useless co-op (perhaps they will allow people to build co-op levels?) and the game feeling like an extended edition of Portal 1 with the mid section of the game dragging the game down a bit. But still, an overall fantastic game. And with the map editor now released has endless play for those that love puzzles. Expand
  78. May 17, 2012
    Incredible! You continue on with the play-ability of Portal add more variables, add better graphics, the evolution of AI, Physics, and It will take you to a world that is truly amazing! And the co-op is on a different scale. 10 on 10
  79. May 18, 2012
    Probably will be hailed as one of the most greatest puzzle game, Portal 2 is a breakthrough for the genre. The new features (such as the gels) and coop mode, upgrade the game to a whole new. Breakthrough within a breakthrough, Portal 2 will be remembered for years to come.
  80. May 24, 2012
    The humor is brilliant. I suggest to play Portal 1 as an intro for Portal 2. Co-op is simply brilliant and fun, especially the 'emotes' (the rock-paper-scissors made me laugh). Now with the Perpetual Testing Initiative it gets even more challenging.
  81. Jul 19, 2013
    One of the best games ever made, certainly one of the best from the modern gaming era. Amazing ambiance, hilarious and sometimes deep/touching story. It has some good puzzles, but I feel like overall its an interactive story leaning more into the adventure genre.

Portal 2 offers a lot of playtime with some replayability. Its a game you'll love and the quotes will get stuck in your head.

It may be a little too smart or not pretentious enough for some people. I'm not really sure why anyone would give this game a negative review, except to arbitrarily counter all the positive ones.
  82. Mar 9, 2013
    This is a fantastic game and way better than the first one in most cases. First of all the game now has a story! And not just any story a pretty good one. And yea there was a bit story in the end of the first game, but in the start it wasn't really anything but test solving. Speaking about the tests they've also become way more interesting and challenging than in the first game. There haveThis is a fantastic game and way better than the first one in most cases. First of all the game now has a story! And not just any story a pretty good one. And yea there was a bit story in the end of the first game, but in the start it wasn't really anything but test solving. Speaking about the tests they've also become way more interesting and challenging than in the first game. There have been added lots of new things to make the game more interesting like gels and lasers. Besides that the game also has a co-op mode, which is extremely fun to play with your freinds, especially when you're just trolling each other. And lastly the "jokes" or rather insults that GlaDos come up with are so much fun in this game and really adds the missing component to make this one of the best games ever. Expand
  83. May 30, 2012
    What can I say? I loved this game because it was funny, a worthy sequel and a truly enchanting experience. If you don't have this game, but you have the money, by all means get it. It's a beautiful visual journey that captures the history of Aperture Science and what could have been. There is charming music, as in the original. Charming? More like AWESOME. The only problem I had was thatWhat can I say? I loved this game because it was funny, a worthy sequel and a truly enchanting experience. If you don't have this game, but you have the money, by all means get it. It's a beautiful visual journey that captures the history of Aperture Science and what could have been. There is charming music, as in the original. Charming? More like AWESOME. The only problem I had was that the levels were either ridiculously hard or brain-splatteringly easy. There was no gentle increase, more like a sharp jolt. Expand
  84. Jun 1, 2012
    Good characters, well designed puzzles, good voice acting. Multiplayer was a fun new twist and was very refreshing after the singleplayer campaign. Biggest issues with the game stem from it being too short (20 hours with single+multi complete) and puzzles being relatively easy. Also no challenge maps was a bummer, but the steamworks player-made map thing has sated my desire for hard puzzles.
  85. Jun 17, 2012
    Excellent! Almost can't even put a value on it. Superb writing, story, and humor. Awesome environments and animations. Wonderful gameplay. Some of the new testing components got me annoyed. Just so much goodness...
  86. Jun 9, 2012
    This is TOTALLY A GO! Very good story line, amazing AI(Artificial Intelligence), Amazing graphics, amazing art, very detailed puzzles, very good lighting style, its one of the best physics games out there! You cannot bypass this game! If you're the type that likes puzzle games, but yet have good story line, then this is the game for you. Valve really did good with this game.
  87. Jun 12, 2012
    Great sequel to the first one. This game is very different from others, this is a very strategic and quite funny game. I recommend this to anyone and everyone who enjoys a great challenge and a good laugh!
  88. Jun 18, 2012
    Valve has out-done them selves. This game shows the future of valve games. The length of the game is longer than the first and the graphics are a big improvement. the story is hilarious, especially with the company of wheatly; a silly little robot that has no idea what he's doing and of course GlaDos trying to bring you down along the way.
  89. Jun 19, 2012
    Portal 2 is brilliant, just brilliant. It haves memorable story and characters, and the same unique and great gameplay. SIngle player experience is so great, that you will be impressed from the outstanding story. Not just that, even multiplayer is excellent, playing co-op is rewarding. Just buy it, and you will see how awesome it is!
  90. Jul 5, 2012
    Portal 2 is an incredible breath of fresh air from the monotonous shooters and RPG games being churned out nowadays. These people who are "giving the game a 1 to offset the 'Valve fanboys'" need to grow up. Not every game needs to have a bunch of killing and cursing to be "funny" or "adult oriented". If the puzzles weren't challenging for you, then that's great. That means you're prettyPortal 2 is an incredible breath of fresh air from the monotonous shooters and RPG games being churned out nowadays. These people who are "giving the game a 1 to offset the 'Valve fanboys'" need to grow up. Not every game needs to have a bunch of killing and cursing to be "funny" or "adult oriented". If the puzzles weren't challenging for you, then that's great. That means you're pretty damn smart and you should go on to do great things, instead of bashing a game on the internet. You wanna know why this got game of the year? Because it's DIFFERENT. Because it doesn't follow the set-in-stone formula of "bad guys have a bomb; go kill bad guys; play multiplayer". This game actually has a story line that makes you feel attached to it. Can't say that I've felt that way towards a game in years. I can honestly say, for the first time in my 21 years of gaming, that I am LOOKING FORWARD to DLC. As long as it pertains to the original story then it's going to be great. Expand
  91. Jul 15, 2012
    First time I give 10/10, I grabbed this game for 4 EURs and was one of a most engaging gaming experience I had in years. Negatives are about shortness or easiness of story line, but since game has extras and community maps its actually infinite challenging fun therefore anyone giving it less than 10.0 isn't familiar with game mechanics enough. Do some research before bashing. Thanks.
  92. Jun 22, 2012
    Simply a 10/10. Even if my computer is crap when it comes to these kind of games, I'm still stunned at its quality, which is amazing. The amount of upgrades this game received compared to the original is endless, and the final boss is one of the most epic bosses ever.
  93. Jun 24, 2012
    This has to be one of the best games of all time. Super original premise (although it is a sequel), the story is amazing and the characters are deep. The enviroment is masterfully put together. The multiplayer mode ads a huge amount of content to enjoy and you can even make your own test chambers! Really this game is a must buy to anyone of all ages.
  94. Jul 11, 2012
    302 people don't even know what a gorgeous game is! One of the best games I have ever played. That's normal because Valve is in it. All I can say is that Portal 2 is my fourth best game on the list!
  95. Jul 12, 2012
    It's something for everyone. Hours of endless fun with the new custom maps. Co op is a fantastic way to socialise as it is very casual and laid back, however it challenges the mind aswell with its hard puzzles.
  96. Jul 28, 2013
    The best Valve game (yes, better than HL2!). This game is an absolute joy from start to end, with humorous and puzzling situations. If you haven't played the first one... Well still do that, but you HAVE to play this one IMMEDIATELY after!
  97. Jan 11, 2013
    Is it a good game? Of course it is, though I still think it's a *little* bit overrated. For the single player - I liked the humour, I liked the story, the progression was really good, though in the end the game felt just a bit too short. Also - the puzzles. Now, it's possible that I have above average spacial thinking or something like that, but I found most of the puzzles too easy. WAYIs it a good game? Of course it is, though I still think it's a *little* bit overrated. For the single player - I liked the humour, I liked the story, the progression was really good, though in the end the game felt just a bit too short. Also - the puzzles. Now, it's possible that I have above average spacial thinking or something like that, but I found most of the puzzles too easy. WAY too easy. I finished the whole game by myself, and there were only one or two spots where I had to think for more than a minute to figure out what I'm supposed to do. There were also a few places where I was stuck because I was missing some detail, but those don't really count. There was also kind of a feeling of replacement for some elements - like the lasers instead of energy pellets. About the co-op, I can't say much, I played with a friend who had already passed the co-op, so I didn't really do much, though the whole design was clever - it's fun to watch GLaDOS trying to make the players hate each others. Oh, and for the level designer, I think it didn't really go as planned, instead of clever, hard player-created puzzles you mostly see junk there. In the end I give it an 8 - it is definitely a very good game, but it still had some parts to evolve. Let's just hope Valve doesn't make a sequal to this one, the ending was a bit too solid to be ruined now... Expand
  98. Dec 13, 2012
    Portal 2 takes the awesome premise and gameplay of the original and incorporates it into a shiny new game, complete with a full-length singleplayer game, new co-op modes, a more developed story, and impressive new graphics and level design. It thereby answers most of the criticisms of the first game without feeling like simply a remake of it. This game has lost much of the dark humor andPortal 2 takes the awesome premise and gameplay of the original and incorporates it into a shiny new game, complete with a full-length singleplayer game, new co-op modes, a more developed story, and impressive new graphics and level design. It thereby answers most of the criticisms of the first game without feeling like simply a remake of it. This game has lost much of the dark humor and mystery of its predecessor in favor of a more epic journey mixed with lots of witty and absurd humor. Overall I think it did a good job of taking the original concepts of Portal to the next level and creating a game experience that felt familiar without being stale. Expand
  99. Jul 21, 2012
    This gam doesn't get much better. The concepts are awesome, the graphics are just as good, and the story line is amazing. It's even better now that you can make your own levels on Steam Community. If you don't have it, get it. You're money will be well spent if you buy this game.
  100. Aug 6, 2012
    Combine the brilliant storytelling of Half-Life and add insanely witty humor with mind bending puzzles based on an outstanding concept. You can't go wrong with Portal 2.
  101. Jan 23, 2013
    This game is not only Valve's masterwork, but one of, if not the, greatest video game I have ever played i
    my life. It is beautiful (even though it runs on a now nine-year old engine), innovative, and perhaps most of all, hilarious. This game is one of the few to make me laugh, cry (not really), and fell like a complete genius, sometimes all at once. It has a brilliant script, and everything GlaDOS, Cave, and Wheatly have to say is golden. If you have even a passing interest in gaming, or even if you don't, you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece. I really cannot recomend this enough

1. Oct 20, 2011