9.0

1. Nov 16, 2017
    Portal 2 is an amazing puzzle game that has an enticing story and smart gameplay. The graphics aren’t amazing but they do their job and a bit extra while still keeping that source engine feeling made famous by half-life and the original portal. The puzzles start out simple but get challenging very quickly, and manage to stay fun with new mechanics and a rewarding feeling when you finallyPortal 2 is an amazing puzzle game that has an enticing story and smart gameplay. The graphics aren’t amazing but they do their job and a bit extra while still keeping that source engine feeling made famous by half-life and the original portal. The puzzles start out simple but get challenging very quickly, and manage to stay fun with new mechanics and a rewarding feeling when you finally figure out a puzzle you’ve been working on for the past hour. As far as story, this game takes the story that the original game started and improves upon it. GlaDos is annoying, funny, rude, and lovable at the same time and , without spoiling too much (although the game has been out for 19 years, get on it), has some weird changes throughout the story that really add depth to her previously inexpressive robotic character. Unlike the original, Portal 2 managed to have more than just 2 main characters, and of the new characters, my favorite is Wheatley. For a sphere with an eye, he is suprisingly expressive and adds a lot of humor to the game, especially when GlaDos is also speaking. As the map changes from the current aperture building to the old one, new puzzle mechanics and interesting locations tell a story in addition to the dialogue. Expand
  2. Nov 9, 2017
    A satisfying, complete and well polished experience, Portal 2 delves into a new concept of game design and expertly capitalizes on it. Throughout my experience playing Portal I think what kept me playing it rather than stopping on most games was the fact that I was never thinking to myself "How far away is the end, I just want to complete this". I didn't particularly understand the storyA satisfying, complete and well polished experience, Portal 2 delves into a new concept of game design and expertly capitalizes on it. Throughout my experience playing Portal I think what kept me playing it rather than stopping on most games was the fact that I was never thinking to myself "How far away is the end, I just want to complete this". I didn't particularly understand the story too well, but the puzzles were fun, ingenious and at some points damn hard. But I feel what sets this game apart is the feeling of accomplishment when you figure out how to complete a puzzle, or even after being stuck on this one area for 20 minutes you still carry on for that same satisfying feeling of completing the level. Apart from the single player story the co-op mode works great, and whether you're completing it with another person or playing with your friend, it's a genuinely fun experience throughout. A great game with replayability and fantastic game design. Expand
  3. Nov 2, 2017
    Portal 2 is more-of-the-same sort of sequel. And it is definitely not a bad thing because original Portal was absolutely amazing. If you liked the original then no doubt that you will also like this one.
  4. Sep 4, 2017
    Complete masterpiece!
    expands first Portal clever and unique mechanics, and manage to get them more complex and twisted
    It is also longer (Portal 1 main complaint) and narrative is amazing
  5. Aug 26, 2017
    Portal 2 is an amazing, well-thought out, hilarious, puzzle game, with not only amazing level design and plot, but great soundtrack, voice acting, and character design to accompany it. A game of thought, precision, and humour, Portal 2 lacks very little compared to the experience it gives. If on metacritic user rating it was possible to give Portal 2 a 9.6, I would do exactly that. PortalPortal 2 is an amazing, well-thought out, hilarious, puzzle game, with not only amazing level design and plot, but great soundtrack, voice acting, and character design to accompany it. A game of thought, precision, and humour, Portal 2 lacks very little compared to the experience it gives. If on metacritic user rating it was possible to give Portal 2 a 9.6, I would do exactly that. Portal 2's only faults are the tiniest of small story holes, and the somewhat inconsistent experience throughout different campaigns. Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2017
    The most beautiful piece of art in the video games history. The graphics, the voice-acting, story are all perfect. It is truly an amazing, beautiful experience.
  7. Aug 21, 2017
    Excellent puzzle game with small funny details that just sets it above other games. If you are not in a hurry to complete the game, just listen to the voice acting and you will have a blast. Even though it has some years on its back it's still a very aesthetic and fun game that still holds.
  8. Aug 7, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 2 is one of the best games I have ever played, and is definitely the best puzzle game of all time. The storyline is perfect, and the unexpected change of good and bad characters revives the game at the end. The game took me 20 hours to complete, so the game is definitely a fun challenge. Expand
  9. Jul 30, 2017
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  10. Jun 29, 2017
    This game is beautiful, very clean level, relaxed gameplay, nice little storyline. Just beautifull! There are not very, very much levels, but you can of course make one yourself, or download some from the Steam workshop. Really enjoy playing Portal 2!
  11. Jun 10, 2017
    Portal 2 is a puzzle fps game made by valve.
    Never played the first portal, so I didn't know what to expect and man was it good
    Portal 2 is a puzzle fps game made by valve.
    The story was fascinating, I was kinda confused at first since I didn't know anything about the lore of the first game but once I got into it, it's incredible, it had a twist I really didn't expect at the end of the first half of the game which got me really invested in what was happening.
    The characters were also fascinating, the two robots GLADOS and Wheatley were funny, had very good dialogue and were entertaining to watch.

The gameplay is simple yet complex, it gives you a "portal gun" were you can teleport in different areas in the room you are in, it starts of easy but they give you quite a variety of puzzles making them challenging and fun.
    I have to point out that portal 2 has one of the strongest endings I've ever seen in a game it's intense, funny and has a great payoff.

I absolutely recommend this game, it's not very long but it's worth every penny...
    Great story, hilarious characters, great voice acting, fantastic soundtrack and one of the best endings I've seen in a video game, this is a game that is destined to be a classic.
  12. Jun 2, 2017
    Everything perfected into one amazing puzzle game like no other.Although it is only 8 hours long, the gameplay is amazing.You get funny dialogue, amusing characters such as Wheatley and GLaDOS,memorable puzzles,awesome mechanics, amazing environments with great graphics and incredible story that will stick with you for decades to come.This game will be a classic that will age well.
  13. May 30, 2017
    So gorgeous an interesting game. I love this with all my soul and heart. The variety of puzzles and the plot were unforgettable. I very much hope that this game will appeal to many people.
  14. May 25, 2017
    It's all been said already, but I wanted to add one thing: this game is aging very well. Great story, wonderful acting, and brilliant puzzle design mean you don't much care about the graphics -- but even if you did, the style is so well suited to the environments in the game. Masterpiece.
  15. May 25, 2017
    Portal 2 is the best game of the world, the puzzles, the gravity, the history, the musics and the final is spectacular. Portal 2 is my favorite game, no doubt.
  16. May 8, 2017
    Portal 2 almost managed to surpass the brilliant prequel Portal. The gameplay, puzzles, shock value, dialogues, humor, basically everything that made Portal so awesome is still here. Add the incrased playing time and a much more complex plot to the mix, and you get another instant classic.
  17. Apr 26, 2017
    1 – GENERAL

1 – GENERAL

Portal 2 is a very funny puzzle platformer that you play in first person perspective. For starters, do not do like me. Despite being a puzzle game, the story behind the game is at least as compelling as the adrenaline rush of solving that new puzzle, and this game is packed full of references to the first game of the franchise. So, save some time if you have never played the first game and go play it, then return here. Leave this review paused in the background.

So the story... yeah, it's awesome. Full of twists, very, very funny. And the voice acting? Probably the best I've seen in a game. I admit I was always waiting for the lines from some of the characters, and sometimes I would just stop playing just to listen to all of it.

The game is not young and it runs in a even older engine, but the visuals are still sharp. You can spot bad textures here and there, and probably nothing shines from today's standards but you will have the general feeling of quality, and the game has no reasons to be ashamed.

2 – GAMEPLAY

How do you play this? You have a portal gun that... shoots portals. It sounds strange but it's quite clever actually, and after the first 2 or 3 puzzles you can handle the mechanics perfectly. Valve introduces new mechanics regularly, like bouncing gel, or speed gel, or cubes or lasers. It's a very intelligent way of keeping the game fresh and interesting. You never feel overwhelmed with mechanics since you will learn them one at a time.

All the levels are very fair. You can start by looking to a chamber and thinking that there's no way you can solve that puzzle, but then you start to do something, and gradually the solution will come, and that's very rewarding. I admit I've never got that feeling of being intelligent but the opposite. Most likely I ended up thinking that the solution was very simple, it was just hidden in plain sight. And that's another positive aspect of the game.

You have a co-op mode where you can play with other player to solve problems with the double of the portals. I've never could progress much in that mode since all the players logged of one or two puzzles after starting.

But the campaign alone is enough to buy this game, and you will still have tons of fun, even considering that the replay value is not high, at least for me.

3 – CONCLUSION

This game totally worth the pricetag. You have story, narrative, gameplay, co-op, sci-fi, puzzles and very fun moments in the same game. This is probably one of the best games I've ever played, and ofc I recommend it!
  18. Apr 10, 2017
    This is how you make a sequel. While the original was amazing, this game blows it out of the water in almost any category. The story is better, the characters are better, the comedy is better, the puzzles are better, the graphics are better (they look really good seeing as this was still made using the source engine). You owe it to yourself to play this.
  19. Mar 18, 2017
    A worthy sequel to the original, expanding upon it both in gameplay and story. It also features a multiplayer component for those who wanted to see multiplayer. This is not only one of the best puzzle games, it's one of best video games ever, I'll do my best to list why.

Pros: - Great storyline - Smooth gameplay and improves upon the original greatly - The music, particularly at the

Pros:
    - Great storyline
    - Smooth gameplay and improves upon the original greatly
    - The music, particularly at the end, is awesome
    - Puzzles have a great amount of variety, making each level build upon what you learned from previous ones, and each piece of variety is interesting and fun
    - Puzzles are challenging, yet not too difficult
    - Voice acting is awesome
    - Characters are awesome, in depth, and dynamic
    - Short loading times
    - Good graphics, not amazing, but definitely good
    - Plenty of sarcasm in GLaDOS's dialogue

Cons:
    - Dissimilar to the original game, its humor is rather shoved in your face, rather than offered as background commentary, making it feel rather forced.
    - Replay value is rather low, unless you're interested in completing challenges, there isn't a huge reason to go back and complete the same puzzles again.

With so few cons, it is easy to say this is one of the best games I've ever played
  20. Mar 3, 2017
    Одна из моих любимейших игр!

Если говорить честно, я не особо люблю первый Портал -- он короткий, он "куцый", он выглядит как самопальная поделка, коей и является. Вторая часть этого недостатка лишена -- тут и полноценная сюжетная линия, и постановка, и две важных вещи, которые по настоящему ставят Портал 2 выше первой части. Первая -- кооператив. Кооперативная кампания вышла в плане
    Одна из моих любимейших игр!

Первая -- кооператив. Кооперативная кампания вышла в плане "задачек" однозначно лучше основной сюжетной линии, но что куда важней -- путем нехитрых манипуляций, HDMI кабеля и большого телевизора я смог поиграть в Портал2 с одного пк лежа перед дивана вместе со своим другом. И это прекрасно, подобных игр очень не хватает.

Вторая -- редактор карт и кастомные уровни. Одна из главных проблем первой части, из-за чего я ее никому не советую покупать не в бандле со 2, это малая продолжительность. Пара часов и финал. Вторая часть не особо далеко ушла от этого, но в ней есть кооп и уже упомянутый редактор. Карт море, есть по настоящему шикарные, плюс можно сделать и свои(чем я и буду заниматься дальше).

В остальном -- неплохой сюжет и грустная концовка(все как я люблю, печальная лавстори), "мягкий" геймплей, фирменный юмор гледос и красивая графика.
    Покупать -- 100%, можно даже в бандле с первой.

Недостатков нет. 10из10
  21. Dec 30, 2016
    Exciting puzzles, a psychotic AI, and a dark, twisted story that holds many secrets are three elements that valve exceeded in. It's simply a masterpiece as it both extends and improves on Portal 1 by adding more life and humour to the game, which all in all give the player a blast of a time. Worth every cent.
  22. Dec 18, 2016
    I love Portal 2 with one simple thing the game forces you to think of this is so great is not an easy puzzle sometimes you have to think very long time to solve the puzzle for such simple mechanics which is based on one tool is great
  23. Nov 27, 2016
    Прекрасная одиночная игра, забавные диалоги, красивая графика, интересный геймплей... Кампания удалась на славу. Но ко-оп - это нечто. Где вы ещё с другом сможете пораскинуть мозгами вместе, что бы решит задачку? "Ты стреляй туда, а потом туда, готов?". Главное, что это реально интересно. А подкрепляют интерес достижения, которые я не могу не отметить, хотя они и не для всех важны.Прекрасная одиночная игра, забавные диалоги, красивая графика, интересный геймплей... Кампания удалась на славу. Но ко-оп - это нечто. Где вы ещё с другом сможете пораскинуть мозгами вместе, что бы решит задачку? "Ты стреляй туда, а потом туда, готов?". Главное, что это реально интересно. А подкрепляют интерес достижения, которые я не могу не отметить, хотя они и не для всех важны. Ачивменты интересны и даже если нужно второй раз что-то пройти, то это не напрягает, а только подкрепляет интерес.
    Вообщем получилась отличная одиночка и идеальный ко-оп.
  24. Aug 9, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GLaDOS: "Well, this is the part where he kills us."
    Wheatley: "Hello! This is the part where I kill you."
    CHAPTER 9: THE PART WHERE HE KILLS YOU.
    Achievement: The part where kills you.
    Song starts playing called "The part where he kills you"
  25. Aug 6, 2016
    There are only 2 perfect games out of the 157 that I have played. Portal 2 is one of them. This game is absolutely legendary. It is flawless. It is a classic of our time. It is the best puzzle game ever made. It is the best story/adventure game ever made. It comes from the best games company there has ever been. Even the lore behind the game is fascinating. My favorite game? No, butThere are only 2 perfect games out of the 157 that I have played. Portal 2 is one of them. This game is absolutely legendary. It is flawless. It is a classic of our time. It is the best puzzle game ever made. It is the best story/adventure game ever made. It comes from the best games company there has ever been. Even the lore behind the game is fascinating. My favorite game? No, but almost. This game is simply perfect. Expand
  26. Jul 9, 2016
    Portal 2, the successor of Portal.

If you are coming from a non-portal experience background in which you never played the first one. I recommend playing the first one and then play the second one or else you will be lost in the storyline. But if you pick up Portal 2 just for the co-op then you won't be lost at all since you play different characters. In total the game can be beaten
    Portal 2, the successor of Portal.

In total the game can be beaten in 6.4 hours (maybe around 10 hours if you want to get all the co-op achievements), that's with all the challenging chambers. If you need a cheap single player/co-op game to play solo or with a friend but still need something addictive to play, Portal 2 is a must have game to buy.

The cake is a lie!

PS I feel like GLaDOS and Wheatley make a great couple. Maybe in Portal 3 they get married?
  27. Jul 7, 2016
    A very fun game, with some great performance by Wheatley, but the story was a tremendous disappointment. Nothing is ever explained. Why did Carolyn turn evil? What caused the apocalypse? Why was Chell in stasis?
  28. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 7
    Story : 7
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 8
  29. Jul 1, 2016
    + More variety in puzzles, like the bouncy gel etc
    + Funny dialogue
    + Great backstory, mostly told through voice recordings
    + Co Op mode
    + Another great ending song
  30. Jun 25, 2016
    This game is amazing (best game from Valve, even better than Half Life 2), graphics in this game is good and I think this game one of the best game of 2011, but The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Batman Arkham City and Sonic Generations are better . Portal 2 is very atmospheric game . Amazing Game, Masterpiece .
  31. Jun 17, 2016
    Portal 1 left a very good taste in my mouth, while it was short, the polished portal mechanics combined with the creative puzzles made the experience replayable and worth my money. So i was really looking forward to play Portal 2. And at last, a few weeks ago i managed to buy the sequel and i played it all week until i beat it 7 hours in, and honestly, the wait was worth it.

STORY:

STORY: While in the first game it seems you managed to escape the laboratories, in this one you start in a room that seems normal, until a tiny, spherical, robot appears and gets you out of there (destroying everything in the process). He guides you to the old Glados room in where he **** up and brings the old robotic entities back to life. Then she puts you through more test chambers and the adventure starts.

PRESENTATION: Just like the first game, Portal 2 has a very clean look. The color white is all over the place, but because it's been a long time and everything is destroyed, now we have more vegetables and darker zones, which translates to a more varied color pallet. The environments this time around are not just white testing rooms, but rather a more destroyed, old factories and caves that help the atmosphere and immersion a lot more. The frame rate rarely stutters in my case, but even with a powerless PC the options given to you to configure the graphics, resolution, etc, will definitely allow you to get a smooth experience.

There's still anything in terms of music except for the theme song, but for a game like portal, which is all about atmosphere and ambience, i feel like it doesn't need it. Unlike other games. While in the sound department, i forgot to mention in the Portal 1 review that the voice acting for glados was hilarious and the creepy and atmospheric sounds of the game definitely enhance the experience, and i'm happy to say that the sequel follow suit. The hilarious dialog is still there and the sound design still provides more emersion.

GAMEPLAY: Portal 2 is still and FPS with portal mechanics that are used very well in creative puzzles.

You still use the clicky things in your mouse to shoot a blue and orange portal, plus now you can do a little zoom on things to examine the puzzles and distance a lot better, though i really used it, when it came in handy it really became in handy. You can still pick up things and interact with objects via the E button, and movement is still through the W,A,S and D keys.

The basic mechanics remain the same, but now we have a lot more things to use in puzzles. Mid-way through the game we are introduced to the fluids, this things do all sorts of need things like make you bounce (with the blue one), go faster with the orange one) and if a zone doesn't have any place to shoot portals, the white one will allow you to do that.

On top of that we also have things like gravity defying laser thing that pushes you forward on a certain direction, and it can also be reversed so it drags you towards it. There's also an energy barrier to block attacks and a mechanism that launches you in whatever directions is facing. The typical switches to press are still here and the turret is also back (and i forgot to mention it in the Portal 1 review). With this new features and creative thinking, you get amazing puzzles to solve, while the first game had some very unique puzzles, this...this blows everything out of the water. I can't describe how good the puzzles are, you just have to try it by yourself, they require a lot of thinking, switching things, analisis of the environments and tools at your disposal to approach react and resolve all the situations that the game throws at you. In the first game the puzzles focused on physics and the laws of motion, in here the puzzles don't use that quite as much, but everything else makes up for it.

I won't spoil it, but the final boss also uses the mechanics a lot better than the Glados fight from the first game, although it should be said that it's actually the only boss of the game, but i don't think that more would've added anything to the experience.

Ever since i played Portal 1 i've been looking forward to Portal 2 and the wait was totally worth it. I haven't even mentioned that you can create your own maps or that there's also co-op multiplayer, since i haven't played this modes i can't say much about, but the regular single player is something that you should play right here, right now. Please go on and buy this game, it's very cheap and it will be worth every cent you spend on it.

I'll give it a 9/10.
  32. May 28, 2016
    Valve is the king of sequels. Portal 2 takes everything that made Portal great, and somehow manages to improve it with even more great Portal storytelling, hilarious voice-acting, FPS puzzle gameplay, and amazing visuals. Highly recommended.
  33. Mar 25, 2016
    An absolute amazing game! Who knew combining puzzle solving, first person shooting, and humor could result in a great game. The game is full of lovable characters, mind boggling stages, and laughable crude dialogue. The game play experience is even better with a buddy in co-op mode. An absolute must play for everyone! Now if only Valve can come out with the 3rd portal game.
  34. Mar 24, 2016
    If I had to summarize Portal 2 in one word, it would be intelligent. From its creative level design, expanding massively on the first Portal, as well as challenging but rewarding puzzles, Portal 2 is an absolute blast to play from start to finish.

Some of the most hilarious voice acting I've ever heard just adds to a heart-felt and just outright brilliant game.
  35. Mar 16, 2016
    dsafadfassdsfdasfasdfsadfsdafsaddfsadsasaddfdafdsadsfsfdaadsffdsadsafdsaffdsaadsfsafddsfadsfadsffdfdsafdsaafddfsadfsadsafdfsadsdsfadfsafddfsafadsfdsadfsadsf
  36. Mar 13, 2016
    It's fun, challenging and mind-bending. There's not allot of games I'd put above this one, it's a flawless masterpiece. It's got a great story, fun co-op, satisfying puzzles, and memorable characters.
  37. Mar 7, 2016
    If you haven't already played Portal, you really should jump in. If you have played Portal 1 and think this will be just more of the same, think again. Portal 2 is one of the best PC games I have ever had the pleasure to play. Innovative, funny, challenging, exciting - a true masterpiece of game design.
  38. Mar 6, 2016
    An incredible game, even over 4 years after it's release in 2011; the graphic style stays modern enough to compliment the excellent puzzle design and the incredible gameplay mechanics.
    The storyline of Portal 2, continued from the original Portal, is emotionally attaching and very well presented, with great voice actors and outside puzzle design and mechanics.
    Even over 4 years later,

Even over 4 years later, Portal 2 is an exceptional puzzle game which I would still strongly recommend that anyone purchases and plays.
  39. Feb 16, 2016
    One of the best games of all time. In 20 years from now my word will stand. I have nothing to say about this game except if you've never played, go get it!!
  40. Jan 15, 2016
    This game is best game ever made, if you give this to monkey, it would make it smart as low intelligent humans.
    I love it, everyone can make new content, which provides infinite levels to play.
    Where is portal 3 ?
  41. Jan 14, 2016
    I loved to try the portal series it was a really good series of 2 perfectly made games the story is amazing and the cast of characters are just awesome especially GLaDOS and the ending is not bitter sweet its just a fitting ending plus the game play is also very amazing the puzzles are good but only one point i had to mention this game is good from the story and suspense perspective butI loved to try the portal series it was a really good series of 2 perfectly made games the story is amazing and the cast of characters are just awesome especially GLaDOS and the ending is not bitter sweet its just a fitting ending plus the game play is also very amazing the puzzles are good but only one point i had to mention this game is good from the story and suspense perspective but game play give it a 9/10 but still this game is good if you like challenging but not so hard puzzles try portal story and better graphics and fun puzzles portal 2 oh and there is no cake here but humor fantastic. Expand
  42. Jan 9, 2016
    This is by far the best game Valve have made. This game really makes you think, opens up your mind and makes you creative. Perfect for school usage even if that never will happen. Good job Valve.
  43. Jan 3, 2016
    This and portal are in my top 20 favorite games ever. I like platform and puzzles. This is both and it has co-op. .
  44. Dec 29, 2015
    Very good game! Sometimes hard, but that's not very bad. When you complete the game, you can play co-op too, amazing!
    I say...
    Story: good
    Graphics: very good
  45. Dec 24, 2015
    It is my favourite game of all time. Portal 2 is simply a classic. I love this game. The puzzles, the character, the humour. Everything in Portal 2 is brilliant. This is why I rate it a perfect game.
  46. Dec 24, 2015
    Hell, you don't need me to recommend you this game. Go play it! Go. Play. It. GO PLAY IT! Seriously, especially if you have a friend for 2 players local coop you should already be playing it. Unless you already completed it. Then go get Steam Workshop maps.
  47. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  48. Nov 24, 2015
    This game is simply amazing, it has a awesome story, nice puzzles, coop levels (spiltscreen and online), workshop maps and the song from the credits S2. I love this game.
  49. Nov 19, 2015
    Great puzzle game with a first person view, consisting a lot of very well-designed puzzles forming a long campaign. We also receive additional campaign content in co-op, providing several hours of extra fun. The game has massive maps made by people in the Steam Workshop.

Score: 9/10 - I would definitely recommend!
  50. Nov 16, 2015
    the original had better puzzles in my opinion, this sequel manage to expand the gameplay with slightly different game mechanics, but still i want to replay the first one more than the second one.
  51. Nov 14, 2015
    i love this, it's amazing, the portals, the puzzles, all in this game. I love all of this game, the workshop is amazing, and i just say one thing for haters CHOLA MAIS
  52. Nov 12, 2015
    while it couldn't have the punch of the first installment this game is still very good much better than pretty much any AAA title your likely to buy these days anyway, i was afraid the multiplayer was going to mess the game up but as usual valve steps up not only does in fix into the game nicely and feel necessary there's a lot of fun to be had when you and a mate just want to **** aboutwhile it couldn't have the punch of the first installment this game is still very good much better than pretty much any AAA title your likely to buy these days anyway, i was afraid the multiplayer was going to mess the game up but as usual valve steps up not only does in fix into the game nicely and feel necessary there's a lot of fun to be had when you and a mate just want to **** about with portal guns that you just can't have alone. the player made levels cant be very good and i believe many are made by game developers. in summary loved it would buy again just to play with new people. Expand
  53. Nov 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The source of "I dont want your damn lemons" instantly gets 10/10 for said quote. Very humorous
    and complex at points.The Co-op is fun and I absolutely LOVE games with a level editor.

All I have to say is keep thinking with portals guys,
    keep thinking with portals.
  54. Nov 5, 2015
    1. cool graphics 2. cool mysterys 3. cool characters 4. unexpected end (cool) 5. cool new character 6. cool story 7. cool idea 8. cool... Glados is back !!! A total of coooooool.
  55. Nov 4, 2015
    Portal 2 is the sequel to the great puzzle game, that improves on portal in many different ways and is as fun and unique as the original was, and should be played and experienced by all.
  56. Oct 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Obra maestra, brillante, increíble... Sin adjetivos. Los niveles, el ambiente, la historia... Todo conjunta un juego del cual no podrás parar hasta descubrir, que el pastel es una mentira. Expand
  57. Oct 18, 2015
    This game was fantastic. 200 hrs+ MUST HAVE for strategy gamers. Valve still hasn't added the inventory, but they added that bs to Payday 2. The game is funny, and i love Wheatley constantly calling you "fat' or "adopted" (main char is neither)
  58. Oct 6, 2015
    This game has one of the most funniest gaming characters in history by far, and his name is Wheatley. That in itself is enough to make this game great. As well as that, the brilliant puzzles as well as the story just makes this game a remarkable and brilliant game.
  59. Oct 4, 2015
    I don't know why but the game crashes too much, but I don't care, because it's fantastic. It's a puzzle game, and I didn't expect much, but after playing for a couple of minutes I knew it will be of the most brilliant game ever. Valve again of course. The puzzles are great, the graphics, physics, everything is amazing. After finished I only want Portal 3
  60. Sep 8, 2015
    Everybody knows its amazing, everybody knows it's hilarious, everybody knows the co-op if WORTHLESS... with random online players, at least. This review shouldn't even exist... but it DOES, so deal with it!
  61. Aug 28, 2015
    This by far is one off my favorite games. The story is great, characters are well scripted, levels are well made (it's Source Engine, what do you expect..), the puzzles do challenge you, the cooperative mode is very well planned for two players. I recommend this game.
  62. Aug 12, 2015
    That awesome song from the end.

Well here we are again It's always such a pleasure Remember when you tried to kill me twice? Oh how we laughed and laughed Except I wasn't laughing Under the circumstances I've been shockingly nice You want your freedom? Take it That's what I'm counting on I used to want you dead but Now I only want you gone She was a lot like you
    That awesome song from the end.

Well here we are again
    It's always such a pleasure
    Remember when you tried
    to kill me twice?

Oh how we laughed and laughed
    Except I wasn't laughing
    Under the circumstances
    I've been shockingly nice

You want your freedom?
    Take it
    I used to want you dead
    but

She was a lot like you
    (Maybe not quite as heavy)
    Now little Caroline is in here too

One day they woke me up
    So I could live forever
    It's such a shame the same
    will never happen to you

You've got your
    short sad life left
    That's what I'm counting on
    I'll let you get right to it

Goodbye my only friend
    Oh, did you think I meant you?
    That would be funny
    if it weren't so sad

Well you have been replaced
    I don't need anyone now
    When I delete you maybe
    I'll stop feeling so bad

Go make some new disaster
    You're someone Else's problem
    Now I only want you gone
    Now I only want you... gone
    My own song: I give it a 10, Only because The song is great, and I mean, (NO SARCASM) the game is great, too. I'd give it a 1 Thousand But, what a Shame that I can't What a Shame that I can't What a shame, What a shame, What a... Sha-a-a-ame.
  63. Jul 30, 2015
    Portal 2
    Simpler and Better
    Portals single player has greatly improved since the original The single player mode felt much more fleshed out in terms of story to keep you going towards the end goal. Good or bad, Portal 2 takes a much simpler approach to level design this time around making this game much more casual friendly. I needed tons of help to get through the original portal, I
    Portal 2
    Simpler and Better
    Portals single player has greatly improved since the original
    I needed tons of help to get through the original portal,
    I only got stumped in portal 2 maybe 2 or 3 times total towards the end.
    Portal 2 is even more unpredictable than the original was, there are so many twists and turns with the story and levels that you have no idea where the end of one puzzle is going to take you.
    It was a great and much needed change of pace to go back and forth between testing rooms and half life style locations
    really kept the gameplay and story moving forward, making it almost impossible to put your controller down.
    There are a few added puzzle aspects such as light bridges, anti gravity beams, gels, and being able to redirect laser beams, but if im being honest these additions felt more gimmicky to me than innovative.
    if its not broke don’t fix it.
    I feel like the developers tried to cram too much into this game too fast.
    Portal 2 also features a co op mode, unfortunately though, at least on ps3, there seems to be issues connecting to steam so you are stuck playing local co op rather than online
    this isn’t an issue if you have friends.
    but as glados will tell you
    I don’t have any friends so I couldn’t effectively get through the 6 levels or get a true co op experience.
    I did however play back and forth through a couple of levels and love the challenge added of having to actually effectively work together with now 4 portals.
    Portal 2 is the same charming and addicting puzzle game as the original with still so much added to make it a much better overall experience.
    With the puzzle solving greatly dumbed down, and the characters still hilarious, and a very worthwhile ending, you owe it to yourself to run through this amazingly charming puzzle game.
    for what it is
    First Person Puzzle Platformer:
    9.5/10

Overall:
  64. Jul 21, 2015
    Best puzzle game co-op is awesome , bugs can be really annoying this kind games but in portal i not see any bug. Graphics are good gameplay wiothout problem
  65. Jul 11, 2015
    One of my favourite games. I love this game. Where do I begin? The story is somehow amazing. The puzzles are brilliant. I loved the voice acting, at least in Spanish is somehow good. One of the best games out now. And if you complete the game there are a bunch of great mods out in the workshop or even in the Steam market. Best puzzle game of the decade.
  66. Jun 24, 2015
    Not very much to say.Oh,just one thing.I think this is one of the best,maybe even the best game in the history. Captivating story and characters,also the puzzles are really well made.
  67. Jun 23, 2015
    First let me say that I liked the first Portal, a lot, and so everything that changed from how it was in there is just a regression IMHO.

Portal 2 plot is weaker than Portal one, actually far weaker, they stretched the plot to fill in new elements for a richer gameplay (which is good) but it's definitely not as enjoyable as the first Portal because here you feel like what you're doing is totally meaningless.

So, to sum things up, Portal 2 is Portal 1 with a richer gameplay, a lot of more hours of gameplay but a weaker plot that kills the enjoyment. Still a good game but not the 10/10 of Portal 1.

EDIT: Had a good chance to play coop mode with a bunch of friends and that gave +1 right away to my old "single player" review, not to mention workshop integration that now has got a lot of nice new maps for this game.
  68. Jun 18, 2015
    When someone says puzzle game, I guarantee this masterpiece is everyone's first thought. Not a single thing to dislike. Story is full and never feels lacking. Co-op adds hours of replayability. Fantastic.
  69. Jun 15, 2015
    Without a shadow of doubt a masterpiece. Incredible in everything it does. Masterful writing, unparalleled voice acting, every single character is incredibly memorable, the entire massive complex of Aperture is built and revealed perfectly, and the all-important portal based puzzle gameplay is flawless. This is Valve's magnum opus - a perfect game in every way.
  70. Jun 12, 2015
    This is a FPS puzzle game that's intuitive and engaging. It expands upon the story of Portal, and if you haven't played that, you won't miss anything. The cake may be a lie, but this game delivers exactly what you would expect, and more!
  71. Jun 10, 2015
    While the first Portal was funny, Portal 2 is simply hilarious in its narrative :)) I was laughing from the first seconds of the gameplay; the comedy club eases up a little further into the game, but things never take a gruesome motive, as was with the prequel. Gameplay is more polished than that of the first Portal, with several elements (such as light paths and liquid slips) added.While the first Portal was funny, Portal 2 is simply hilarious in its narrative :)) I was laughing from the first seconds of the gameplay; the comedy club eases up a little further into the game, but things never take a gruesome motive, as was with the prequel. Gameplay is more polished than that of the first Portal, with several elements (such as light paths and liquid slips) added. Solid spacial puzzle! Expand
  72. Jun 5, 2015
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaaa a
  73. May 16, 2015
    With double the play time as the first Portal, Portal 2 is a well developed game picking it where the first ended. There is actually a decent story through the single player mode. With much of the same game concepts they still add some different puzzles and traps along the way.
    The difficulty was increased for the testing. Plenty of times I had to just sit and think of how the hell I the test was possible. I will admit I had to look up some sort of walk through for 2 tests. I was getting so annoyed my computer desk was at risk of being ripped in half.
    Waiting for a friend to purchase the game so we can try out the Co-Op story together. Overall the game is great and they did a magical job on the sequel to Portal.
  74. Apr 9, 2015
    One of the best games I have ever played. This is a great example of amazingly crafted games that should set the standard. Both story and co-op are great and are very well done
  75. Apr 5, 2015
    Combining the stupendous Source Engine with a superb gameplay system, Portal 2 is a mind-blowing experience that deserves the attention of all gamers who love a challenge.
  76. Mar 15, 2015
    This game is not only the best Valve game, it is the best game on Steam as of 3-15-2015. Great voice acting, characters, graphics, game-play and story. Portal 2 has it all.
  77. Mar 9, 2015
    If you liked the original 'Portal' game then there is no reason whatsoever for why you shouldn't absolutely love the sequel. It's got new obstacles like super dangerous lasers, improved graphics, a more lively atmosphere, a hilarious British tour guide, the return of that condescending GLaDOS, and hours upon hours of mind-bending new puzzles. Hell, even if you don't like the puzzles youIf you liked the original 'Portal' game then there is no reason whatsoever for why you shouldn't absolutely love the sequel. It's got new obstacles like super dangerous lasers, improved graphics, a more lively atmosphere, a hilarious British tour guide, the return of that condescending GLaDOS, and hours upon hours of mind-bending new puzzles. Hell, even if you don't like the puzzles you should get this game for GLaDOS and her bright eyed optimism alone. Because who doesn't like getting talked down to by a robot who is smarter and more accomplished than you are? I know that I sure do! Are there any puzzle games out there that are more original and entertaining than 'Portal 2'? If so, could somebody please point me in the right direction? Expand
  78. Mar 7, 2015
    Awesome game. Probably best game I ever played. Co-op mode, Epic story, Cool puzzles, New features make this game really nice. Game is super mysterious, and have a lot of bigger, and smaller Easter eggs.
    I don't know what to say. I'm waiting for Portal 3
  79. Mar 3, 2015
    This is the greatest game of all time.With great story and amazing voice acting this game is valves best,
    It brings so much to the story of portal and half life.
  80. Feb 25, 2015
    Imagine taking one of the best games ever made, and making it 3x as good. That is what they did with Portal 2. Portal 2 does everything Portal did right, and then some. I mean look at it, its the highest rated game on Steam!
  81. Feb 21, 2015
    If you dont like this game then go eat a potato. Thisqs game is awesome. Beterer than half-awful-game-not-life-2 this game i like. I always watch a walkthrough i enjoy everything in this portal. Even better than poratal origunal. Go buy this game it awesome. My krabord is notbroken jhst i typereally fast so tgere are many mistakes!
  82. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  83. Feb 13, 2015
    There's nothing else to say about this: it's a masterpiece. There, I said it.
    Well, not like a painting or anything, but you get the idea.
    Insanely annoying, frustrating and addictive all at the same time.
  84. Feb 12, 2015
    Loads of head scratching went on playing this - loved every minute of it.
    Never really been into puzzlers before, but this definitely changed my mind. A favorite game.
  85. Jan 13, 2015
    I have experienced extremely low cases when a game truly make me feel pure emotions. This is the type of games that proof that you don't need hours and hours of history, gameplay, or the greatest history to make a game that can easily touch most part of the people's heart.
  86. Jan 8, 2015
    Still not found a better game than this. Requires high brain usage. I can play this game for hours/days/years. Many thanks to the players who upload millions of missions at the steam workshop. I was a bit disappointed when i finished the single player "story" but then i discovered that there are millions of extra missions. Very unique at this genre.
  87. Dec 30, 2014
    Portal 2 is a FPS game tip , Launched in 2011, developed and published by Valve.Tu a control on Chell , one of the first game , care was required to undergo some tests GLaDOS , clever computer coordinates LABORATORIES Aperture Science. Chell wakes up after a coma after the events of the first port ADDRESS . She compared Meet Wheatley , care must supervise all our robot tests AperturePortal 2 is a FPS game tip , Launched in 2011, developed and published by Valve.Tu a control on Chell , one of the first game , care was required to undergo some tests GLaDOS , clever computer coordinates LABORATORIES Aperture Science. Chell wakes up after a coma after the events of the first port ADDRESS . She compared Meet Wheatley , care must supervise all our robot tests Aperture Science subjects . Before she could about the two discuss the circumstances and begin to destroy MUST get in - a safe area. GLaDOS Wheatley accidentally reactivates it and so she starts to put you in teste.Cam both story. The game brings a lot of improvements , from Gel - Links to redirect laser and others. The game graphics and sound stay tremendously - the Voice sarcastic function is simply awesome. Expand
  88. Dec 28, 2014
    The amount of care put into this game is simply jaw-dropping. Comedian Stephen Merchant is hysterically funny as Wheatley, the role he was born to play, the puzzles have a gradual learning curve and range from simple to ingenious but never aggravating, the Source Engine is on full display in all its beauty, the humour is sharply-writ, and the ending stands as my favourite ending of any video game.
  89. Dec 19, 2014
    Pure amazing masterpiece. Make sure that you play this before you die, because it is perfectly amazing. I'm not even overreacting, IT IS THAT GOOD. The story, the characters, the humour are all amazing. The only thing that they lied about is cake
  90. Dec 10, 2014
    This is the best game i've ever played. It has no negative things. It has brilliant graphics and a good story with a plot twist. And the gameplay is really good too.
  91. Dec 9, 2014
    Yes, Valve, give me more! The campaign is spot-on, has the right duration and will provide some laughs and some challenges. And the coop is amazing. And then there's the user created maps, so the fun theoretically never has to stop.

But, to be quite sincere, I liked the first game better. The whole atmosphere of desolation and not knowing what was going on was amazing. And Aperture Science seemed more interesting that first time, with all the decaying offices. And, even though I liked the campaign of Portal 2, I didn't really like its story. Wheatley isn't a great character, GLaDOS wasn't so evil as in the first game and the plot was obvious. After some minutes playing, I started figuring out what was going to happen next.

But all the underground section when you discover the gels are amazing. It's truly worth the money and your time, even more if you have a friend to play with you. Unfortunately, I don't :c but I tried the coop with strangers, and it was nice even so.
  92. Dec 5, 2014
    A bit late to review but whatever!.... Portal 2 is a great game! The original Portal was great as well! Portal 2 was amazing with great level designs! Some levels stumped me but I finally finished them! The characters, voice acting are really good! I hope in the next Portal (if there will be one) that it would be a prequel to the first game! Overall if you want a really good puzzle gameA bit late to review but whatever!.... Portal 2 is a great game! The original Portal was great as well! Portal 2 was amazing with great level designs! Some levels stumped me but I finally finished them! The characters, voice acting are really good! I hope in the next Portal (if there will be one) that it would be a prequel to the first game! Overall if you want a really good puzzle game pick up Portal 1 and 2 because they are both really amazing puzzle adventure games to get your brain working! Its always a treat every time you finish a puzzle! Expand
  93. Dec 2, 2014
    Wow. I'm honestly speechless. The game's that good. I mean, like, epic storyline, amazing graphics even on a crappy computer, virtually lag and glitch-free, and somehow enough room for puzzle solving and creativity that makes you feel good in the end. All that you could ask for in a game. And the atmosphere you're playing in makes you feel like you're fighting for your life. This gameWow. I'm honestly speechless. The game's that good. I mean, like, epic storyline, amazing graphics even on a crappy computer, virtually lag and glitch-free, and somehow enough room for puzzle solving and creativity that makes you feel good in the end. All that you could ask for in a game. And the atmosphere you're playing in makes you feel like you're fighting for your life. This game reminded me that EA can't create masterpieces like the ones Valve makes. (hint hint: start making good games please.)

I'd play this title over and over again if I were given a choice! It's that good!
  94. Nov 18, 2014
    The good:
    - top notch voice acting
    - possibly the funniest, cleverest dialogue I've ever experienced in a game - a physical world that works nearly flawlessly - nothing is dumbed down, making the more challenging puzzles incredibly gratifying when you solve them The bad: - even when you "solve" the puzzle (e.g. figure out what needs to be done), some challenges are incredibly
    The good:
    - top notch voice acting
    - possibly the funniest, cleverest dialogue I've ever experienced in a game
    - a physical world that works nearly flawlessly

The bad:
    - even when you "solve" the puzzle (e.g. figure out what needs to be done), some challenges are incredibly finicky in terms of how precise you need to be to perform the required actions, making it frustrating. I solved the damn puzzle! Let me out!
    - puzzle after puzzle can get a bit monotonous when your companions are absent and the dialogue diminishes
  95. Oct 22, 2014
    Intriguing. Intuitive. Hilarious. These are just some of the words I'll use to describe this game. Recommend this game to anyone who has half a brain.
  96. Oct 21, 2014
    What is to say about an amazing game like Portal 2? Jumping around and solving difficult but fun puzzles with a gun that shoots portals. But that is not all that goes for this game. The story is gripping and intense (really intense for a puzzle game) and even throws some unexpected twists at you. In my opinion, the story is the strongest aspect of the game, but the puzzles are fun as well.What is to say about an amazing game like Portal 2? Jumping around and solving difficult but fun puzzles with a gun that shoots portals. But that is not all that goes for this game. The story is gripping and intense (really intense for a puzzle game) and even throws some unexpected twists at you. In my opinion, the story is the strongest aspect of the game, but the puzzles are fun as well. Although the puzzles can be frustrating, Portal 2 is an amazing game with almost 0 flaws and has an amazing story, great graphics, and amazingly cool mechanics. Expand
  97. Oct 17, 2014
    Portal 2 is THE best game I have ever played. And I've played a lot of games. It combines all the good aspects of games. When the game was over I just sat there for a while thinking about how I just played the game of the century.
  98. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a review for portal 2. it is a video game where things happen and some things that do not happen. it was okay. i would say that it was a video game. Expand
  99. Oct 4, 2014
    I'm speechless. Speechless. Amazing game. Portal 1 was short, but Valve took that issue to heart and made Portal 2 5x longer. Made it funnier too. Just buy this game without thinking.
  100. Oct 2, 2014
    The story and voice overs facing the silent protagonist here will keep You forcing Yourself long past midnight solving "just one more" puzzle. Very inspired work. Even the fact of it being on steam cannot justify subtracting points from such a polished product. Once done enjoying the excellent solo experience, which delivers laughter in spades and even a tear at times, You can embark onThe story and voice overs facing the silent protagonist here will keep You forcing Yourself long past midnight solving "just one more" puzzle. Very inspired work. Even the fact of it being on steam cannot justify subtracting points from such a polished product. Once done enjoying the excellent solo experience, which delivers laughter in spades and even a tear at times, You can embark on smaller separate story with a friend for a duo-romp, fun will be had as well. Expand
  101. May 12, 2012
    Portal 2 is amazing. There's not really any other way to describe it. The people that are complaining that it sucks either: 1) Are retarded, 2) Mistakenly thought the this was Portal: The Flash Version, 3) Are addicted to FPS, or 4) Are retarded. The only real complaint I can come up with is... um... the.. well... you see... the loading screens come up to often! Yeah! I don't want to havePortal 2 is amazing. There's not really any other way to describe it. The people that are complaining that it sucks either: 1) Are retarded, 2) Mistakenly thought the this was Portal: The Flash Version, 3) Are addicted to FPS, or 4) Are retarded. The only real complaint I can come up with is... um... the.. well... you see... the loading screens come up to often! Yeah! I don't want to have to wait 7 seconds between each puzzle, I want to keep playing! Yeah... Seriously though, this game is the funniest, most addicting, interesting, thinking, game in the world. It runs smoothly too! My 3 year old laptop with an Intel graphics card and a Core 2 Duo ran this without a hitch, even if it was on minimum graphics mode. This is impressive because the graphics card crashes when I watch a YouTube video at 360p full screen. I'm not kidding. Especially since it's only $7 (at the time of this writing), there is no reason you shouldn't get it. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)