8.0

1. Dave
    Apr 18, 2003
    It's a great game. It (gameplay) will however wear off. I think though most will go back from time to time to "go postal" after a hard day's work. That's what this game is about. A release if you want. You don't have to kill anyone and why sometimes you just can't help yourself. I love the idea. Do simple chores and if you want "go postal". The game is just It's a great game. It (gameplay) will however wear off. I think though most will go back from time to time to "go postal" after a hard day's work. That's what this game is about. A release if you want. You don't have to kill anyone and why sometimes you just can't help yourself. I love the idea. Do simple chores and if you want "go postal". The game is just everday life with your wicked twist. The dialog will leave you speechless. Which by the way is a good thing. After you lay a couple of people to rest you may have a smart ass remark. It's a pull from Duke Nukem but done better. The "dude" is such a hardass that it reminds me of "Ash" on Army of Darkness. One tacky and unrelated "feature" to the game is the ablity to pee. Yep, you can pee on people. It's funny but get's old quick. The people react the same. Scream if your "thingie" is to close to them, or laugh if your afar. The technology in the game is okay. It's NOT a programming master peice on the tech side. It is however on the "senario/gameplay" side. There are a few bugs here and there but nothing annoying. You get stuck everyonce in a while but they programmed a way out. The game will actually see that your stuck and move you out. Cool feature. Graphics are not that great and for some reason they need a great system. It's more like the overhead of the Unreal 2 engine than the actual graphics used in the game. Which is a shame. I think the game could have been done in Quake3 engine with better results. However I am sure due to price the Unreal engine was the best choice *They are constantly in court with The US Postal Service for trademark infriengments. I think this game deserves a spot in history. The spot would be displayed in the United States Congress chamber. It would be taunting them and laughing while saying "You ban me, and I will go Postal on your ass" ----Dave Expand
  2. PsychoSid
    Apr 29, 2003
    It is a crazy game that has all elements that guys look for.
    Apr 12, 2003
    Fun game! That's all what i need.
  4. MemeM.
    Jul 18, 2003
    Awesome game.
  5. Josh
    Aug 31, 2003
    A great game! Alot like GTA, do what you want, but with a few missions involved. Also very funny, and laid-back. If you fail a mission, its not the end of the game like some other games like this. If you fail a mission, which is hard to do, just shoot they guy who made you fail, simple!
  6. Mar 6, 2014
    If you're an easily offended, this game is not for you. Because it will make fun about your religion, race, political view etc. But if you like dark humor, and if you have a sociopath inside, this game offers you pure fun. After all these years, i still playing it and i find something new to laugh.

...While people of paradise driving you crazy, can you still be sane or would you kill them with fire and then piss on them. That's the point of Postal 2. As i said before, if you're not easily offended buy it, you won't regret.
  7. Jun 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. B*** You got yourself a deal! This game is F****** great holy S*** i just S***ted my pants omg a giant D*** mascot in this game omg best GAME EVER!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!! Expand
  8. Jul 10, 2015
    Leave any reservations at the door before playing Postal 2 and you're in for a good time. Cut people to pieces, light them on fire then urinate on them to exinguish the flames or stick a cat on the end of a shotgun and fire away. Or don't do any of this and just be a nice, normal citizen.

In this game you're The Dude, going around doing things like collecting milk and a paycheck, but something always manages to go horribly wrong and you're forced to murder everyone in your near vicinity. It's like a poor man's Grand Theft Auto, without the driving, constant cinematics and only mimimal social commentary.

Damn good fun for anyone who doesn't have a stick up their butt and the expansion packs and recent DLC are all great also.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    Underrated, unadultered masterpiece! Running With Scissors title Postal 2 provides choice. You can play through without using any violence or be as violent as you want.
  10. Nov 8, 2012
    Definitely RWS's best game! Grab a copy off Steam, RWS said they will be offering updates for steam users. Well worth buying to support the Dev's of this classic.
  11. Aug 26, 2012
    It;s fun at times i know i spent hours and days playing it and having loads of fun,
    its just one of your everyday games that are sued to have bad rating by moms who dont want thier kids playing video games/
  12. DavidAllan
    Dec 27, 2008
    Postal 2...

What can I say...the game kicks ass... Yes, it is very controversial...but that is what makes it so damn fun...I mean you can literally do anything...and well those who say it is sluggish or slow in gameplay obviously played it for what may have been like 10 minutes and didnt like all the badass cliche jokes that are in the game...hence they cut it off and came here to
    Postal 2...

What can I say...the game kicks ass...

Yes, it is very controversial...but that is what makes it so damn fun...I mean you can literally do anything...and well those who say it is sluggish or slow in gameplay obviously played it for what may have been like 10 minutes and didnt like all the badass cliche jokes that are in the game...hence they cut it off and came here to make a terrible review on what they experienced...

I can say that if you know sumone insane dont let them play the game unless it helps to prevent them from doing anything bad in real life...

Now those that say this is like GTA...are right yet wrong...it is like GTA in its free roaming way...but GTA isnt as fun or gory or all out let you do anything game...

This game will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire ride...and well yes there is Multiplayer now...and it too is not perfect...it seems that the ingame server browser miscalculates the ping sorta like steam's server browser that you can use before entering a game...so yea...for example it may say that you get like 117 ping on a server but when you join you can really have like half of that...so yea...

The MP also is just as controversial as the SP is so watch out and you have to allow foul language from others to not offend you that much because it is there and will be used...

The graphix people say are not that good but for the Unreal engine they are actually all pretty tight and nice to view...so yea...

Now go and blast away your boss and set the army on fire and well if they run towards you and set you on fire...just pee on your self...but be careful not to piss on your self for too long or you may swallow sum...
  13. MarcA.
    Apr 22, 2003
    Sure this game isn't for everybody. Some people take gaming a little too seriously. This game is made to have fun with. You can do your errands ... or not. You can wait in line to buy your milk ... or kill all the people in line and the cashier and walk away with your $5. Its up to you. If you are looking for a deep, meaningful experience, move on. If you are looking for an Sure this game isn't for everybody. Some people take gaming a little too seriously. This game is made to have fun with. You can do your errands ... or not. You can wait in line to buy your milk ... or kill all the people in line and the cashier and walk away with your $5. Its up to you. If you are looking for a deep, meaningful experience, move on. If you are looking for an entertaining few days worth of play, and endless replayability, go get it. I gave it a 9 as multiplayer would make this game a perfect game in my eyes. It cries out for a multiplayer. RWS has said a patch will be released, when is anybody's guess at this point. Expand
  14. JakeM.
    May 5, 2003
    Not as good as Duke Nukem, its more like the son of Sir Duke. One of the funniest games of all time.
  15. BornofHellfire-
    Jun 26, 2003
    It rocks . Fark CGW and GMR .
  16. Reid
    Mar 18, 2008
    Honestly, the first time you sit down to play Postal 2, you should take things with a grain of salt. Its gameplay is completely average -- but its sense of humor and irreverence is something unequaled. You get to fight Gary Coleman. You get to use cats as a machine gun silencer. You can urinate on people. Come on.

By now, Postal 2 is probably available in the bargain bin for $10.

By now, Postal 2 is probably available in the bargain bin for $10. It's worth a shot.
  17. killer89
    Nov 26, 2007
    When i played this for the first time, i was suspicious about it. I downloaded the patches from RWS-site and started playing. After i stopped playing, i watched the clock: jeez, i had played it over 8 hours! This game is so underestimated. It truly deserves 10/10 or 5/5.
  18. Oct 29, 2012
    A greatest game ever. Not for every people, and not for modern children, but very fun! The most original game ever made. It`s better than Duke Nukem, and more funny than Serious Sam. I love this game
  19. Jun 7, 2013
    I really don't see why this game gets so much hate, On just bare bones this is a average "free roam" shooter, but its more then just the bare bones. Postal 2 contains some of the most offensive, but funny, humor. It is original and has loads of fun. There is countless times when I stick a cat on the end of my Shotgun, dressed as a Police Officer of course, and I just spray the hell outtaI really don't see why this game gets so much hate, On just bare bones this is a average "free roam" shooter, but its more then just the bare bones. Postal 2 contains some of the most offensive, but funny, humor. It is original and has loads of fun. There is countless times when I stick a cat on the end of my Shotgun, dressed as a Police Officer of course, and I just spray the hell outta Civies. Running With Scissors brought a masterpiece into the gaming world with over the top gore, Dark funny Humor, and giving us the option to do literally whatever the hell we want. Kicks Ass in my opinion Expand
  20. Jul 25, 2011
    A nasty, crude adventure that cause the ignorant to squirm. The main concept isn't the combat or graphics. If you dive into the game without expecting anything, you will truly be rewarded with laughs and entertainment.
  21. KestutisVaiciunas
    Dec 16, 2008
    I think this game is humorous, despite that there's a lot of repetive dialouge and some bugs, and that the game has not so much space to play in - i think it's great, altough the combat is "duck 2 seconds...come out and shot 1 time, then again duck 2 seconds" and the loading time is dreadful(for old computers, with new computers the loading time is 5 seconds) But i still ejoy theI think this game is humorous, despite that there's a lot of repetive dialouge and some bugs, and that the game has not so much space to play in - i think it's great, altough the combat is "duck 2 seconds...come out and shot 1 time, then again duck 2 seconds" and the loading time is dreadful(for old computers, with new computers the loading time is 5 seconds) But i still ejoy the "functions" that this gamae has: Urinating, hitting with a shovel or electrucuteing with a tazer, setting a NPC on fire etc. (Im opposed to all that stuff in real life) Altough the cars seem as "usseles eploding props" it's still fun to set them on fire resulting in a chain reaction. The ingame AI is not so bad... I mean they do not point up or down with there guns when they shot vertically, they still have the functions such as: running away, kicking a dead body, talking with each other, engaging with static props (such as arcade games) etc. I give this game a 9 out of 10 since it's humorous, and to such a bad game for 2003. Expand
  22. Sep 25, 2012
    Funniest game ever! Everything here is perfect fun! The only problem I see in the game is the AI. The Nonplayable characters in this game act very strange. Other than that, you have an extremely fun game that will consume hours of your time.
  23. Sep 2, 2013
    Truly an underrated game, for those who can not handle its offensive themes I understand. But looking past it is immature themes, this game is fun and addicting. Every combat scenario in this game is exciting and will keep you interested. I highly recommend this game to my friends or anyone who is looking to blow off some steam.
  24. Nov 27, 2013
    This game is extremely fun. I respect the developers for designing the game and not caring what people say about it. I enjoyed the solo better than the multiplayer but, both were fun.
  25. Dec 16, 2013
    Absolutely love it!!
    For me, it never gets old to just run around the street with an axe, chopping the police up, lighting them on fire and pissing them out.
    It's just a kick-ass game, there's some hilarious references and satirical jokes.
    At first I wasn't really sure what to expect, but the game left me with a lot of laughs and kept me entertained for hours.
  26. May 10, 2014
    Relaxing game with black humor, not for a childern and housewifes. Funny gameplay, a lot of good stuff, insane enemies and lack of censoreship. If you want to chill out after a bad day, this game can help with this.
  27. Aug 25, 2013
    Fun game. Needs improvement though. Mainly play this as a boredom breaker. I would recommend buying this. The modded weapons are good and the online is pretty active also.
  28. Nov 21, 2014
    **** hilarious game. The campaign starts off slow but the game picks up during and after Thursday. The game has a huge range of weapons from basic shovel to boomerang machete. Apocalypse weekend is a great ending (better than Friday) and ill leave you wanting more. Pick up a copy on Steam right now!
  29. Feb 1, 2014
    This game is disgusting, abhorrent, offensive to cultures, homophobic, racist, and promotes violence against women and animals.
    And I loved every second of it!
  30. Feb 23, 2014
    This game is almost 11 years old. When it came out it was looked upon as a very gory, bloody and violent game, 11 years later and it still lives up to the name and even out-ranks a lot of other rated M games when it comes to violence.

This is basically a joke sandbox game with wit at its center, and the jokes are still funny even though they are really old. People **** about the graphics need to stop suspecting everything to look like GTA 5 and realize this game is almost 11 years old and it is still profitable.

The game has a story of basically running arons, but unlike most games it doesn't push you to do the main objective, you can explore all you want kill all you want and screw around all you want without having to worry about doing the missions.

On Steam you can buy the game for 9 bucks, is it worth 9 bucks for a 11 year old game, maybe not but it is defiantly worth it on sale and if you have some extra money to spend.

Overall a score of 8 is good for this game.
  31. Nov 21, 2016
    This game is fun as **** You can piss on people, shoot their **** heads off, go on a limb chopping rampage. The humor style is unique, and hilarious. With almost 20 different difficulties, it's something you might wanna play more than once. However, if you don't like black/dark humor, you should consider eating some dirt. Just a suggestion. This game is full of it, and man is it a breatheThis game is fun as **** You can piss on people, shoot their **** heads off, go on a limb chopping rampage. The humor style is unique, and hilarious. With almost 20 different difficulties, it's something you might wanna play more than once. However, if you don't like black/dark humor, you should consider eating some dirt. Just a suggestion. This game is full of it, and man is it a breathe of fresh air in a world where everything is sacred and everyone's feelings are especially. The fact that the devs are still updating this game with new content in 2016 says a lot too. Just don't let anyone shoot you while your dick is hanging out. Umph, that's going to be sore tomorrow. Expand
  32. mcd
    Jun 8, 2015
    Postal,Postal back again compared to the mess that was Postal 3 this is great man they even made a dlc pack even from 12 years of the game life the is fun no spoilers the voice is funny the story is mahh but in postal the does not matter I don't like the racel people so 9 of10
  33. Mar 18, 2016
    This game allows you o be fun and creative in the way you kill people. The things that I got to experience in this game just adds to how insane it truly is. Where else can you pee on Gary Coleman wearing a gimp suit while making a terrorist puke his brains out. This game is just pure gold. I wish more games today understand we play games to have fun, not to experience some deepThis game allows you o be fun and creative in the way you kill people. The things that I got to experience in this game just adds to how insane it truly is. Where else can you pee on Gary Coleman wearing a gimp suit while making a terrorist puke his brains out. This game is just pure gold. I wish more games today understand we play games to have fun, not to experience some deep compelling story all the time. Expand
  34. Mar 2, 2016
    A completely sick game in both meanings of the word.Meaningless fun is my favourite kind of fun and that is why i loved this,besides the cheeky graphics and some dull mechanics.
  35. Apr 17, 2017
    Let me get this out of the way. I enjoy Postal 2. It's genuinely cathartic to play, has a great variety of weapons and areas to explore to find them, and ever-amusing dialogue from radio personality Rick Hunter as the Postal Dude, some of which I've repeated so often that it has become an identifying marker to my friends. It has benefited from continuous updates for over a decade, and nowLet me get this out of the way. I enjoy Postal 2. It's genuinely cathartic to play, has a great variety of weapons and areas to explore to find them, and ever-amusing dialogue from radio personality Rick Hunter as the Postal Dude, some of which I've repeated so often that it has become an identifying marker to my friends. It has benefited from continuous updates for over a decade, and now a new expansion. If only some "Triple-A" releases could say the same.

The last time I played Postal 2 some years ago I was a much angrier person, and it resonated with me much more strongly. Now it makes me rather uncomfortable. There's shock value, and then there's Postal. It's disgusting, tasteless, and so South Park in it's morality that I'm sure are people out there who genuinely respect the Postal Dude and admire his sociopathic tendancies, wether they make him violent or not. Being hated is a common affliction, after all. Postal 2 is the game that loud-mouthed moral guardians complained about. It was made to mock, among many other things, Joe Lieberman's anti-violent videogame crusade in the 90s against games like Doom and the first Postal. Except that the first Postal, like its spiritual successor, Hatred, really IS a mass murder simulator. Hatred in particular, I hear, was made as a statement against art games and political correctness. Even Postal 2, which frames the Dude's adventure as an otherwise harmless week of daily chores (If you consider ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on your dad's grave to be harmless), is difficult to get through without killing quite a number of people. At least you can limit it to people who shoot you first. As it is, some of the things you can do to the unsuspecting populace are just plain mean.

The trouble is, the game's mere existence is an example of why a lot of people don't take this medium seriously. It's a relic of PC gaming's teenage years. Plenty of games are as, or even more violent without relishing in immaturity for the sake of it. For an example of this done better, go play Bulletstorm, which is more creative both with its combat mechanics and its profanity- though it of course lacks the sandbox nature of Postal. On the other hand, its less likely to make you hate yourself then, say Grand Theft Auto, where, oddly enough, the citizens are actually more pleasant. People forget that the word "correct" is part of the phrase "politically correct". Though I think "morally justifiable" is more accurate. And many of the actions one can take in Postal 2 simply aren't. If you have to preface your game with a warning that not only should you not do these things, but we don't advocate them, maybe you went overboard, eh? I should note here that I dislike most of Grand Theft Auto for the same reasons- well, that and the godawful controls. At least Postal 2 handles well.

At some level, I'm playing right into the hands of Running with Scissors with a review like this. They knew exactly what they were doing when they made this game and this kind of negativity only boosted their sales, and It wouldn't have made it on to Steam without a combination of that negative press and fun gameplay, not to mention an unhealthy amount of respect from the **** kiddies and regressionists.

I enjoyed playing Postal 2 a second time, but I can't honestly recommend it to anyone without the good judgement not to take it seriously. There are enough people in real life like the Postal Dude that it's become kind of a problem.
  36. Feb 26, 2017
    Que juego señores, No puedo creer como la prensa o los medios especializados aplastaron este titulo. Este juego no se puede tomar en serio, es un chite echo videojuego. genial, divertido, quizas con la pega de los estados de carga que son frustrantes. tienes 5 dias para hacer las tareas cotidianas del Postal Dude, desde comprar leche hasta visitar el zoologico. pero puedes hacerlo de unaQue juego señores, No puedo creer como la prensa o los medios especializados aplastaron este titulo. Este juego no se puede tomar en serio, es un chite echo videojuego. genial, divertido, quizas con la pega de los estados de carga que son frustrantes. tienes 5 dias para hacer las tareas cotidianas del Postal Dude, desde comprar leche hasta visitar el zoologico. pero puedes hacerlo de una manera mas correcta o ser un psicopata e ir usando gatos como silenciadores, quemando a las personas para luego apagarles el fuego con pipi. como goze este titulo Expand
  37. Mar 17, 2017
    These critics are **** dumb, this game has provided me with hours upon hours of no holds barred fun. These **** critics are probably a bunch of cucks.
  38. Mar 24, 2017
    this game is good.

i like it.

i recommend it to anyone who likes offensive jokes and extreme violence.

(this part of the review only exists because of the ''at least 150 characters long'' rule)
  39. May 22, 2017
    A masterpiece.
    The graphics is awesome for a 2003 game, the gameplay is excellent because you can do what you want. The story isn't very edited but it's ok. The sounds aren't very realistics and personally i didn't like them.
    But anyway you have to buy it, now.
    WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GO TO STEAM AND BUY THIS EPIC GAME!
  40. Jun 20, 2017
    Very impressive game! Blood, homophobia, political and terrorist jokes. Many "critics" put a bad score to this game because of "Fаg Нuntеr". Fuскing tolerant.
  41. Nov 24, 2017
    Yes! maybe this game is pointless. Yes maybe is to violent. Yes maybe is outdated. But this game has such a climate and humor that...omg i live this game.

1. netjak
    It's a quick fun romp that is more pleasure than pain. But, the utter lack of tact make it more of a play on marketing rather than a quality FPS.
  2. If the controversial content isn't enough to turn off players, the game's annoying technical problems will. The length and frequency of load times between levels is the biggest problem.
  3. Computer Gaming World
    Until someone boxes up syphilis and tries to sell it at retail, Postal 2 is the worst product ever foisted upon consumers. [July 2003, p.90]